sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1140 users online including...

1 members
1139 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Diagon Alley Archive

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 09-23-2018, 06:00 PM

Default Street Vendors

Though numerous street peddlers line the streets of Diagon Alley, customers would be wise to be wary of them. Any number of items can be found hawked on the streets daily, many useless and some illegal. One might be able to buy a cheaper wand, running the risk of it exploding during use. Bottoms have been known to fall out of the defective cauldrons bought from one of the carts. Not all is bad, though. Discounted jewelry can be bought, though the gold or gems may not be pure. One some days, a hag comes through with a cart of wind-chimes, some proclaimed to warn of burglars. Often, knick-knacks and small décor can be found in various carts. Be warned, though – sometimes the items being sold have been stolen from others.

Beyond item hawkers, various stalls are set up selling street food. Try a Cauldron Bread (a bread bowl carved out with soup or chowder served inside), stop by and grab some skewers/kebabs to go, hit up the Confetti Popcorn (the fizzy popcorn is supposedly made with real Muggle soda and fizzes in your mouth; dill pickle flavored even crunches like a pickle; berry flavored popcorn actually has dried cranberries, which goes well with the raspberry, blackberry and strawberry flavored popcorn). If you’re looking for a quick snack, the streets have enough.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:49 PM   #151 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
Default I <3 Anna ^_^
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Anna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
Anna chuckled at his comment about her calling him cute just because he bought her lunch, but she laughed out loud at his following remark. So much so that she tipped some of her clam chowder on him. Oops. "Oh, sorry!" She gasped, taking a step back to make sure nothing more got on him. It was probably hot and, well, that couldn't be very pleasant. Not to mention it was a waste, too.

She wiped some that was dripping from the side of her Cauldron Bread and gotten on her hand and licked her finger before speaking again. "It does suit you, though, you know that?" Anna said grinning, half-joking, half actually meaning it because it was fun and honestly, she did think Kalen was fun. And cute, as she had stated before.

The girl raised her eyebrows and nodded with a chuckle as he went on to explain his choice of Cauldron Bread filling. "Of course, of course. It does taste nice, though." She added, dipping a finger in her chowder and tasting it again, very unlady-like. It wasn't too hot after all. Then again, she was one of those people who would probably eat almost anything. Including piping hot non-clam chowders from dodgy street vendors.

And he wanted to go find a place out of the wind to eat. "Alright, and then we can go to the Quidditch shop, yeah?" Because she had endured waited patiently for him while he book shopped, so perhaps he could join her in her world for a bit? Heehee.

"Aiiii...eee..." He said overdramatically hoping that maybe she's feel bad and give him a kiss. Because, yep, he was not beyond tricks to get kisses from his girlfriend. Ha, girlfriend. It was still weird to say, but not bad weird good weird. He busied himself by licking the soup off his fingers and then shook his head. "I was right. That is not clam chowder." The rest he cleaned up with napkins as he enjoyed Anna's laughter with a big cheesy smile.

"What suits me?" he asked around a spoonful of soup. "The chicken suit? Dancing the hippogriff? Or being covered in chowder?" He watched her gulping down her lunch, then realized he was staring and shoveled more soup into his own mouth. How was it that even eating soup Anna was hot? He really liked that she liked food and had an appetite to match his. "Wittich shop?" asked around the hunk of cauldron bread he'd shoved into his mouth. "Course," he gave her a big smile. After all, she had been patient with his trip to the book store. "Maybe I'll even buy you a new pair of gloves." He didn't even know if she needed a pair. Probably didn't, but it was likely all he could afford.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:17 PM   #152 (permalink)

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
"Aiiii...eee..." He said overdramatically hoping that maybe she's feel bad and give him a kiss. Because, yep, he was not beyond tricks to get kisses from his girlfriend. Ha, girlfriend. It was still weird to say, but not bad weird good weird. He busied himself by licking the soup off his fingers and then shook his head. "I was right. That is not clam chowder." The rest he cleaned up with napkins as he enjoyed Anna's laughter with a big cheesy smile.

"What suits me?" he asked around a spoonful of soup. "The chicken suit? Dancing the hippogriff? Or being covered in chowder?" He watched her gulping down her lunch, then realized he was staring and shoveled more soup into his own mouth. How was it that even eating soup Anna was hot? He really liked that she liked food and had an appetite to match his. "Wittich shop?" asked around the hunk of cauldron bread he'd shoved into his mouth. "Course," he gave her a big smile. After all, she had been patient with his trip to the book store. "Maybe I'll even buy you a new pair of gloves." He didn't even know if she needed a pair. Probably didn't, but it was likely all he could afford.
Call her daft, but Anna was not exactly the type to understand overdramatics as a means to getting kisses. Hence her just laughing and not doing anything else about Kalen's reaction. "Sorry!" She said, chuckling because, well, he was being overdramatic to be funny, right? It worked! That and his statement about whatever she was eating not being clam chowder. "What do you reckon this is then?" Anna asked, amused, yet not less interested in eating the dodgy yummy lunch.

"All of it!" The girl replied, laughing around her own eating. She thought it was great they already felt comfortable enough around each other to speak and laugh while eating. Part of her family was too precious about meal time and manners and she wasn't that bothered. It was nice to know Kalen wasn't either. "I only found out about the latter now, though." Haha.

He'd buy her a pair of gloves? She chuckled. Aaaagain. "You're too kind." She gave him a smile before eating some more of her lunch. "Merlin, I don't care what this is, it's good!" Omnomnom.
Old 03-08-2021, 12:06 AM   #153 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

Quote:
Call her daft, but Anna was not exactly the type to understand overdramatics as a means to getting kisses. Hence her just laughing and not doing anything else about Kalen's reaction. "Sorry!" She said, chuckling because, well, he was being overdramatic to be funny, right? It worked! That and his statement about whatever she was eating not being clam chowder. "What do you reckon this is then?" Anna asked, amused, yet not less interested in eating the dodgy yummy lunch.

"All of it!" The girl replied, laughing around her own eating. She thought it was great they already felt comfortable enough around each other to speak and laugh while eating. Part of her family was too precious about meal time and manners and she wasn't that bothered. It was nice to know Kalen wasn't either. "I only found out about the latter now, though." Haha.

He'd buy her a pair of gloves? She chuckled. Aaaagain. "You're too kind." She gave him a smile before eating some more of her lunch. "Merlin, I don't care what this is, it's good!" Omnomnom.

"I don't know...maybe Old England chowder?" He chuckled at his own joke, even as he realized it wasn't that funny. Still, he was glad to see she was liking the dodgy street food. It wasn't the first time he'd eaten at this particular vendor and he liked it. Then again, it was hot and warm and cheep and he hadn't had to cook it so all of that was a bonus. As for what suited him? Well, whatever made Anna happy.

As for talking and eating and chatting with his mouthful his mom would probably smack him upside the head for it, but hey she wasn't here and Anna didn't seem to mind. "Aiii try," he said with a smile and another mouthful of bread. "So," he chewed and swallowed. "Finish up and we we can go pick you out some. Maybe something pink...with ruffles." Again he was teasing, because if there was anything Anna wasn't, it was a pink-rufflely type.
Old 03-08-2021, 10:42 PM   #154 (permalink)

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
"I don't know...maybe Old England chowder?" He chuckled at his own joke, even as he realized it wasn't that funny. Still, he was glad to see she was liking the dodgy street food. It wasn't the first time he'd eaten at this particular vendor and he liked it. Then again, it was hot and warm and cheep and he hadn't had to cook it so all of that was a bonus. As for what suited him? Well, whatever made Anna happy.

As for talking and eating and chatting with his mouthful his mom would probably smack him upside the head for it, but hey she wasn't here and Anna didn't seem to mind. "Aiii try," he said with a smile and another mouthful of bread. "So," he chewed and swallowed. "Finish up and we we can go pick you out some. Maybe something pink...with ruffles." Again he was teasing, because if there was anything Anna wasn't, it was a pink-rufflely type.
"I'll have to try the kind of clam chowder - the real kind - when we go to America then." Anna chuckled, emphasising the word with a head gesture as Kalen seemed adamant that wasn't clam chowder. Anna didn't have a problem with that as she wasn't exactly a gourmet eater anyway.

Pink Quidditch gloves with ruffles? Anna couldn't even picture that! "Oh, yes, some that'll match Frank!" She said jokingly, referring to her pink Pygmy Puff. Kalen was right in joke about it, ruffly pink things weren't really her, though her Pygmy Puff had been a gift, and she very much liked it now. Not that she'd go and buy gloves that would match it, though!

It didn't take too long for her to finish her food, and she was licking her fingers once again. "There we are, that'll keep me going for a few hours. Now chop chop, let's get going!!" She added, motioning to him and his Cauldron Bread.
Old 03-10-2021, 01:58 AM   #155 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

Quote:
"I'll have to try the kind of clam chowder - the real kind - when we go to America then." Anna chuckled, emphasising the word with a head gesture as Kalen seemed adamant that wasn't clam chowder. Anna didn't have a problem with that as she wasn't exactly a gourmet eater anyway.

Pink Quidditch gloves with ruffles? Anna couldn't even picture that! "Oh, yes, some that'll match Frank!" She said jokingly, referring to her pink Pygmy Puff. Kalen was right in joke about it, ruffly pink things weren't really her, though her Pygmy Puff had been a gift, and she very much liked it now. Not that she'd go and buy gloves that would match it, though!

It didn't take too long for her to finish her food, and she was licking her fingers once again. "There we are, that'll keep me going for a few hours. Now chop chop, let's get going!!" She added, motioning to him and his Cauldron Bread.

"You will!" He was a bit surprised by her admission that they would be going to America. Together. He might have puffed up a little in excitement at the idea. "And I know the best place to take you. It's the oldest operating restaurant in the state. Best oysters too." Would she even eat oysters? "You have to try at least one oyster." He shook his spoon at her. Then promptly discarded it in a bin because all he had left was a hunk of bread. "You really want to see Boston with me?" he asked, unable to keep a mixture of hope and excitement out of his voice.

"Yes, just like Frank," he said with a chuckle. "Something to remind you of him while you're out on the pitch." He handed her a napkin as he shoved the last bit of bread into his mouth. "Alllmiiihhhttt..." he said around the bread as he wiped his hands off too. He swallowed. "Lead the way beautiful." He motioned in the direction of the quidditch store.
Old 03-13-2021, 05:50 PM   #156 (permalink)

DMAC
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maximiliano Delgado
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Topher Fakiris
Accidents & Catastrophes

x6 x3
Browncoat l Extra Syrup l Kita's Strong Confident Other Half l Lemon Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post

Having gone to Hogwarts and spent a large chunk of her childhood in Greater London, Natalie had spent much time in Diagon Alley and she still hadn't grown out of it. Florean's was still one of her favorite places, especially since had so many fond memories there as a kid (and a teen).

That day, Natalie had decided to break away from the Ministry for lunch. She wanted to soak in the sunshine, even though it wasn't too warm yet. It was sunny and that was enough. She had stopped for a bite at her favorite spot and then decided to wander the streets while she slurped up the remainder of her milkshake.

Natalie found herself at a stand with records, even though her last purchase here had been less than satisfactory. She sipped her milkshake again, noticing a boy - man - whatever, with his own food, at the stand. Her blue eyes watched the vendor owner carefully and then leaned over to whisper to the stranger. "I'd be wary of the records," she said quietly. "Last one I got was scratched up." Then she went back to minding her own business.
Toph went between sipping his drink and eating his poppcorn before he would glance at the records. He'd charmed them so that they would shuffle through on their own without his stick fingers having to touch any of them. The vendor's shopkeep didn't seem to mind and it afforded him time to eat his most delicious treat. It didn't even bother him that some woman was standing rather close to him. And she was rather close. Close enough to lean in and, what?

"How badly scratched?" He whispered back, eyes not moving from the records that sorted themselves for him. "Like, is it too bad to keep listening?" Cause he really wanted a record. But he couldn't justify the money spent if they only played a little. Unless it looked good on his wall.

______________We'll live while we're young We'll chase down the sun _________________________