Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9872
Classes: 15
Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 689 users online including...
Ver , Kimothy , Emzily , Stevendalo , Alexrut , Austinwals , Ronaldsnut , PhoenixRising

8 members
681 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmistress: Regina Hawthorne's Reign > Term 49: May - August 2018

Term 49: May - August 2018 Term Forty-Nine: A Hoard of Trouble (Sept 2095 - June 2096)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 07-11-2018, 05:45 AM

Default Joint Charms & Muggle Studies Lesson: A-camping We Will Go

It was on a mild Saturday, just after dinner, that the Charms/Muggle Studies lesson took place. The evening sun shone through the windows, bathing the charms classroom in a cozy early spring warmth. Just by looking outside, the weather seemed perfect for the camping trip the professors had planned!

Upon entering the room, the students were sure to notice that the timing wasn't the only thing odd about the lesson. All of the desks, including Professor Marchand’s, were gone, and the refreshment table at the back of the room was uncharacteristically empty. Instead, most of the room’s space was occupied by camping supplies. While waiting for the kiddos to arrive so that they could get this little adventure on the way, Kay was rechecking the supplies she and Gaston had secured, while Gaston arranged them neatly into small piles in the middle of the room. It wouldn’t do well for either professors or the kiddos if they were short of anything.

Each pile contained a pillow, sleeping bag, extra blanket, canteen full of water, a few various types of food, including a make-your-own s'mores kit, and a backpack that appeared too small to hold everything. Every other pile also included all the supplies needed to pitch a tent. The professors were finally satisfied that everything was set and exchanged an excited grin, before turning to wait for the first arrival.

OOC: Hiiii, everybody! Welcome to our lesson! Feel free to post your charrie arriving. Class will start in ABOUT 24 HOURS (1 AM EDT July 12)!

Lesson Progression

Question 1
Capacious extremis & Mini Activity
Portkey, arriving at the wooded space, Question 2
Any volunteers to pitch tents?
Tent pitching instructions
Review of Undetectable Extension Charm/ practice on tents
Old 07-17-2018, 11:11 PM   #51 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

From her spot at the ground, after Skylar's initial shocks had worn off, she noticed Felicity there and took her hand graciously. How did the dormmate land on her feet? Felicity didn't even play quidditch, no offense, but could travel via portkey without any issues?

Her gear was already on the ground, thanks to landing on her bum, and she didn't bother to pick it up again when she got helped to her feet. Now demonstrations to get the tents up and going, but no one was volunteering. Had no one camped before? Where was Rhea or Cassie or Luci or Vivian or Hattie to volunteer? Oh wait, Luci wouldn't be there, duh. But why were her fellow seventh years not volunteering was the point?

"I can help too," she said, taking a step next to Rylee. She had said she'd helped with tent pitching before.

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.
Old 07-18-2018, 12:40 AM   #52 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Okay! Chloe bounced forward, keen to try her hands at pitching a tent on her own. Or, er, not on her own, really, but without an expert to oversee her. Chloe shook the poles out from the bag and spread them on the ground, followed by the tent cloth.

"I... um, need help, I think. Someone to put those poles together and slide them into the slots in the fabric on that side, and I'll do it on this side. Or, wait." Chloe circled the cloth and poles. "Or maybe they cross? To make it pop up the middle?" They'd try it both ways.

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Old 07-18-2018, 02:07 AM   #53 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

“Thank you, Ms. Prichard, Ms. Diggory. Come on, everyone. There’s no need to be shy! It’s actually quite fun, this tent pitching.’’ To Lyn, she said, “That’s fine. Perhaps you can observe the others as they demonstrate. Professor Marchand will give instructions on whether he needs you to get firewood.’’ As a matter of fact, we’ll be starting on this together now. Not much of a volunteering was going on here which, frankly to say, was a disappointment. But that would happen after she went to assist one Chloe Kettleburn. “To the side, Ms. Kettleburn,’’ she said with a wink. “Let me help you there.’’ Kay saw to it that all the poles were put in the right places and properly as well. “Wonderful effort!’' That was the compliment for Chloe.

“If everyone would kindly get their tents out of their bags,’’ Kay continued loud enough for the entire gathering to hear. Already she was shaking off her disappointment. “The type of tents chosen for this lesson are called A- Frame tents and is the most common used for camping. First, take the ground cloth- which is this.’’ She lifted hers, which was currently folded, above her head. “Remember, find a patch of ground that is debris- free. We don’t need you to be uncomfortable later on.’’ Following her own instructions once more, the professor closely examined the ground she had chosen before unrolling the ground cloth smoothly and neatly.

“The support poles and tent frame come next. Ensure that the frame lies flat on the ground.’’ Here, there was a pause while she went about doing this for her on tent. “On the tent, you’ll see some loopholes. Slide the poles through these.’’ Kaysha took her time first to show them all exactly how to do this before pausing to ensure the class was doing the correct thing. “Feel free to raise your hand if you need help. Myself or Professor Marchand will surely help.’’ Then she went back to alternating between demonstrating and keeping a watchful eye on the proceedings.

“For the body of the tent, the poles are already in place so there’s no need to worry about that. What we now need to do is to pull the tent upwards by the body’s poles. Like so.’’ With minimal effort, Kay seized the front of the tent at the center and pulled skywards. It raised with her help. “All the poles should be held in place if they were secured in the right way. If not, you can simply work to secure them the right way. Raise your hand if you need help!’’ A beam was sent around at them before she admired her handiwork.

Were they all ready to move on? “We’re almost finished but now it’s time to secure the tent to the ground. Do you see those spiky things that accompanied the tent and poles? Those are used to wrap the sturdy rope around that are connected to the tent.’’ With these tents, the strings had already come pre- attached. “Take a spike, wrap the end of the rope around it then drive the spike into the ground. You can use a rock for that in this case.’’

Viola!

That was about it.

“And you’re done! You have ten minutes to finish up, seek all the help you need and what not. Professor Marchand will be soon taking over once more.’’

OOC: Thank you all for posting! I’ve read all the posts and your catching ups are noted Rhi will be moving on the class. I’m not sure of the time she'll do that because she has some RL stuff to take care of. But you will have 24 hours to complete the pitching <3

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 07-18-2018, 11:35 PM   #54 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

No firewood for now. No problem. She watched as Professor Stewart pitched the a frame tent, one that she had never done before. It seemed like a good deal of work when there was both magic that could help, or the wonderful muggle pop up tents that came ready to go. However, she was excited to try something new and see how well she could master the new to her style.

Stepping back over to her cleared off area, she reexamined her tent parts and started just as the professor had. Her ground cloth was nice and flat on the ground, no rocks or stick to poke, and she grabbed the frame and put it flat on the ground. Next, the poles. She found the loops in the fabric and slid the poles in place. Much easier than she thought it would be. Finally, she pulled the cover up and the tent came to place just as planned. Thankfully. Once the tent was up, she only needed to secure it to the ground.

After finding the perfect banging rock, she took the spikes and rammed them into the ground, then beat on them until they felt nice and secure. Tent was up and ready.

"Does anyone want to share a tent with me? I think mine is up and ready." If she remembered correctly, not everyone had a tent with their pack, so sharing would be necessary.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:58 PM   #55 (permalink)

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
First Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Maddie hadn't volunteered to demonstrate pitching a tent, because she had no idea how to pitch a tent. She'd never had to do that before. When the professor asked everyone to get their tents out of their bags, the third year fumbled around until she had hers out. Once she did, she kind of awkwardly stood there with it until further instructions were given.

She looked around until she found the part called the ground cloth. The spot directly behind her was debris-free, so Maddie decided to claim that spot as her own. She unrolled the ground cloth and smoothed it out before her. When the talk turned to all these different types of poles and frames, Maddie paused and just watched the professor work on hers. Was there not a spell for this kind of thing or something? She knew Stewart taught Muggle Studies, but come on!

She finally managed to get the poles through the correct loopholes. Or, at least, she thought she had. If the whole tent collapsed on her later on, she'd know then that she'd messed up. If it didn't, well, she'd done it correctly! Thank Merlin the poles were already in place for the body of the tent! At least something about this whole process seemed simple! Maddie pulled the tent upwards by its poles.

She was mostly finished at this point. Driving the spikes into the ground with a rock didn't seem too easy, but she'd never know unless she tried. So without saying a word, she set about wrapping the ropes around the spikes and then driving the spikes into the ground. Was there a spell to help her if she accidentally pounded her hand with the rock?
Old 07-19-2018, 03:22 AM   #56 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Gaston continued to listen to the students' answers as he walked along behind the rest of the group. He glanced around their campsite; it really was quite beautiful out here. He'd have to start going camping more often! As Kay replied to the students' answers, he wandered around the perimeter of the campsite, casting a nonverbal muggle-repelling charm over the area. It was probably unnecessary, as he'd been careful to pick an area away from most foot travel, but better safe than sorry.

His eyes flicked back toward the students as they began their tent pitching demonstrations. He beamed at Rylee and Skylar when they volunteered, and Stasya was off to a good start as well. She already had her tent spread out, but she appeared a little unsure. "Would you like some help, Miss Dalgaard-Volkova?" he asked, looking over the tent pieces. He hoped he could be of use.

Gaston made his way back over to the group, just in time to see Emmalyn get tangled up in her tent. He rushed to her side, but she'd already freed herself by the time he got to her. "Are you alright, Miss Walsh?" he asked, eyeing her with concern. The mention of firewood got a slight shake of the head from him. "That's a very kind offer, but it's important that you get your tent pitched first." Besides, he didn't like the idea of sending a student off alone! "Once all the tents are up, we can gather firewood together."

Elsewhere, he saw Chloe struggling with the tent poles, but Kay was already helping her. He decided to let her handle it, as she was better versed at tent pitching. He paid close attention to the tent instructions Kay gave the students, filing the information away in the back of his mind. It sounded fairly straightforward. He decided to give it a go; if he could repair a car engine, surely he could do this! He unfolded his own tent and followed along. It took him a minute to figure out how the poles fit together, but once he did that, the rest was smooth sailing.

He just finished driving in the last spike when the ten minutes Kay gave the students began. Perfect timing! Now he could watch their progress. Emmalyn received a proud beam from Gaston as she succeeded in getting her tent up. "Great job, Miss Walsh!" he congratulated her. Another beam was given to Maddie, who appeared to be nearly finished herself. "Would you like some help with those spikes, Miss Kemp?" he offered.

Gaston glanced at his watch. Once the ten minutes had passed, he stood in the middle of the group, waving a hand for quiet. "Your attention, please," he said. "If you haven't finished pitching your tent, you'll have more time in a moment, but for now we must move on." He gave the students a few seconds to refocus on him before continuing, "If you recall, not all of your supply piles contained a tent, therefore you'll be sharing a tent with at least one other person. In order to create enough space for additional people in one tent, we must use the Undetectable Extension Charm."

"Just like we did with the bags, point your wand at your tent and say ;Capacious extremis'," he went on. He aimed his wand at his own tent and repeated the incantation... not that he'd need the additional space, but he felt a refresher demonstration was in order. "Also like the bags, these tents were Ministry approved for manufacture with the Undetectable Extension Charm but had the spells removed for the purpose of this lesson." Was there anything he was leaving out? Oh, yes! "Please don't try to cast the spell from inside the tent. It won't hurt you, but you may have trouble getting back out. You have twenty minutes to pick a tent buddy and use the Undetectable Extension charm, starting... NOW!"

OOC: You'll be working in groups of at least 2 for this part of the activity, but each person must attempt (successfully or otherwise) the Undetectable Extension Charm for credit. Catchup on the tent pitching section is also allowed. If you need help, indicate in the title of your post, and Ali or I will get back to you asap. You have ABOUT 48 HOURS (11 PM EDT July 20) to finish the activity.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 07-19-2018, 04:13 AM   #57 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office

Time to move on. The tents were up and she finally understood why there were such an old style. They were ministry approved to be charmed tents. Of course the ministry wouldn't be using the much more modern muggle pop up tents.

When she realized she would be able to pick a tent partner, she immediately looked to her friend, Maddie, and waved to get her attention. "Hey, Maddie, want to partner up? I can come to you and we can share your tent. Another group can take the one I set up." She walked towards Maddie as she spoke. "Plus" she continued in a whisper "I'm not exactly sure I secured the spikes the proper way. Yours looks to be a bit more stable." She didn't really know if her tent was less stable, but her luck hand't been the best lately.

"So, are you any good at the extension charm? I'm not the greatest at it. Do you want to go first?" Either way, they would both get a chance to try it out.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:43 AM   #58 (permalink)

DMLE & DMAC
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kalie Carter-Hope Gellar
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ronan Victor Carter
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Alfred Ludovic Devereaux
Accidents & Catastrophes
x7 x4
Default We have a tent here...
Dem Carters | even 🕊🕊 have pride | | Expecto PAWtronum 🐈 | U-NA-GI

Did he look pale or something? Because after those deep breaths, he honestly felt fine. Still though, he politely waved off the help.

They quickly reached the campground where they would be setting up shop, so to speak. Ronan removed the tent from his bag of supplies, crinkling his nose at the old style of the tent. Really? Even as little as he went camping, he knew they made pop-up tents. Anyway, he followed Professor Stewart's instructions on how to set the tent up, grateful they weren't quite as complicated as they looked. He finished pounding the last spike into the ground just as Professor Marchand called time and threw his rock to the ground out of the way of his tent.

Oh, that explained the tents then. The British Ministry didn't seem to be very up to date on things like they should be. Anyway, they now had to cast the Undetecable Extension Charm on their tents so that they could share. What if he didn't want to share? Did they have that option? Not that he minded sharing with those he liked, just that luck had not been on his side recently....

You are Salt!
Old 07-19-2018, 07:03 AM   #59 (permalink)

MO & DMAC

Crumple-Horned Snorkack

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Giselle Barrington
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sable Ileana Armstrong
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skye Tamerlane
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Jemma McCrae
Minister's Office
x5 x3
Default lala Tent buddy needed here too <3
Shoe!Girl │ Rebel Ravie │ Confundus Queen │ RP Addict

Still looking at her tent spread-out on the ground as if she expected it to either tell her how to pitch it or just go ahead and pitch it on its own, Stasya had jumped a little at the sound of Professor Marchand asking if she needed help. Nearly at the same moment as she realized that Professor Stewart had begun explaining how they were supposed to set their tents up, so she’d given him a smile. “No, I’ll figure it out.” There were plenty of others who could use his help more than her. Hopefully. Besides, she’d already gotten hers all spread out so she had a couple of the steps already done.

Finding the loops, she managed to get the poles all in place without too much trouble, then followed the rest of the steps to get it all secured, using a helpful rock that she’d found nearby to pound the spikes into place. In time to hear that the activity was moving on and they were supposed to cast the extension charm on the interior of their tents. That and find a partner, which she ought to have guessed from before, and she decided it made more sense to find that before trying the charm again.

Therefore, it was time to look around to see if anyone needed a tent buddy. Since she had a tent already and all…

...It must be exhausting, always rooting for the anti-hero
Old 07-19-2018, 02:55 PM   #60 (permalink)
Formerly: Tegz
Dark Force Defense League

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
Did he look pale or something? Because after those deep breaths, he honestly felt fine. Still though, he politely waved off the help.

They quickly reached the campground where they would be setting up shop, so to speak. Ronan removed the tent from his bag of supplies, crinkling his nose at the old style of the tent. Really? Even as little as he went camping, he knew they made pop-up tents. Anyway, he followed Professor Stewart's instructions on how to set the tent up, grateful they weren't quite as complicated as they looked. He finished pounding the last spike into the ground just as Professor Marchand called time and threw his rock to the ground out of the way of his tent.

Oh, that explained the tents then. The British Ministry didn't seem to be very up to date on things like they should be. Anyway, they now had to cast the Undetecable Extension Charm on their tents so that they could share. What if he didn't want to share? Did they have that option? Not that he minded sharing with those he liked, just that luck had not been on his side recently....
After giving a few people a hand to put tents up, making use of the fact that she had both the strength and the willingness to be a helper wherever anyone directed, Bel looked around for someone to actually partner up with and her gaze landed on the head boy. She didn't really KNOW Ronan particularly well, but over the past couple years she'd noticed he was REALLY good with his wand. Bel was.... less good.

A lot less good.

To the point where this charm was proooobably beyond her.

So the captain went over to the head boy and grinned hopefully at him.

"G'day Ronan. Can I work with you? Actually, what I mean is, can you help me out? This is kind of a toughie." She admitted cheerfully, her Australian twang coming through loud and clear.

love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you
Old 07-20-2018, 12:11 AM   #61 (permalink)

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
First Year

x1

Text Cut: Birchwoodmom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom View Post
Time to move on. The tents were up and she finally understood why there were such an old style. They were ministry approved to be charmed tents. Of course the ministry wouldn't be using the much more modern muggle pop up tents.

When she realized she would be able to pick a tent partner, she immediately looked to her friend, Maddie, and waved to get her attention. "Hey, Maddie, want to partner up? I can come to you and we can share your tent. Another group can take the one I set up." She walked towards Maddie as she spoke. "Plus" she continued in a whisper "I'm not exactly sure I secured the spikes the proper way. Yours looks to be a bit more stable." She didn't really know if her tent was less stable, but her luck hand't been the best lately.

"So, are you any good at the extension charm? I'm not the greatest at it. Do you want to go first?" Either way, they would both get a chance to try it out.

Oh, they were allowed to pick tent partners?! Awesome! That sounded a lot more fun than rooming in a tent all by herself. She had just whirled around to see if anybody else needed a partner, when Emmalyn approached her. "Yeah, sure!" she said. "I think it'd be way more fun to have a partner!" She looked at her tent, hoping she'd set it up correctly. Especially now that she knew somebody else would be sharing it with her.

It looked pretty sturdy, though. "Do you think it looks okay?" she asker her new roommate. "This was my first time pitching a tent all by myself." She nodded in reply to Emmalyn's question. "Oh, yeah! I got it right in class!" She looked toward her fully pitched tent and imagined it still being the same size on the outside but not on the inside. Standing outside of the tent, she pointed her wand toward it. "Capacious Extremis!" she called out. With the spell cast, she peered inside the tent. "Whoa, Emmalyn! It worked!" she said.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:27 AM   #62 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTiger View Post
Still looking at her tent spread-out on the ground as if she expected it to either tell her how to pitch it or just go ahead and pitch it on its own, Stasya had jumped a little at the sound of Professor Marchand asking if she needed help. Nearly at the same moment as she realized that Professor Stewart had begun explaining how they were supposed to set their tents up, so she’d given him a smile. “No, I’ll figure it out.” There were plenty of others who could use his help more than her. Hopefully. Besides, she’d already gotten hers all spread out so she had a couple of the steps already done.

Finding the loops, she managed to get the poles all in place without too much trouble, then followed the rest of the steps to get it all secured, using a helpful rock that she’d found nearby to pound the spikes into place. In time to hear that the activity was moving on and they were supposed to cast the extension charm on the interior of their tents. That and find a partner, which she ought to have guessed from before, and she decided it made more sense to find that before trying the charm again.

Therefore, it was time to look around to see if anyone needed a tent buddy. Since she had a tent already and all…
Demonstrating on the tent pitching wasn't all that challenging, as she'd done it before. It seemed weird maybe, but it helped too in Skylar's mind, that she was in great athletic condition. After pitching a tent, she glanced around, listening to Marchand explain that they'd be casting the undetectable expansion charm on the tents. OOOH, that was actually really nifty use of the charm.

Who to partner with? Obviously her preference would have been Vivian, but Skylar figured she should probably partner with a younger student. Spotting the female Gryffindor Prefect with a tent, Sky figured why not? Someone else could practice on her tent she'd pitched ....

"Heyyya Stas! Need a tent buddy?" She grinned at the now taller at least I think she is lol fourth year.

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.
Old 07-20-2018, 01:44 AM   #63 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

See how that tent went up with help? Chloe grinned a sunny smile at the professor as she popped up her own tent poles and settled them against the ground. And just like that, it was done.

She pointed her wand at her tent before glancing at the others. Maybe someone else wanted to try the spell part. "I need a tent buddy. And we can split the spellwork."

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Old 07-20-2018, 02:49 AM   #64 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Septimus watched as the two girls jumped forward to help demonstrate how to set up a tent. The better to know in the future, the second year watching intently as they showed what was needed as Professor Stewart spoke aloud on what all needed to be done in the process. It seemed easy enough of a thing to do, though there was more to it of course. Like having the tent at hand to work on.

At least he already had a hand of the undetectable extension charm.

As he didn’t have a tent in his bundle of supplies that no doubt meant that he had to find someone to share a tent with. Septimus looked around to the various boys that were in the clearing, wondering who would be willing to work and share with him. “Anyone have a tent and have room for another?” he asked, noting girls also asking but not feeling sure of working with them.

Last edited by Holmesian Feline; 07-20-2018 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Accidentally posted wrong class post.
Old 07-20-2018, 02:57 AM   #65 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post

Oh, they were allowed to pick tent partners?! Awesome! That sounded a lot more fun than rooming in a tent all by herself. She had just whirled around to see if anybody else needed a partner, when Emmalyn approached her. "Yeah, sure!" she said. "I think it'd be way more fun to have a partner!" She looked at her tent, hoping she'd set it up correctly. Especially now that she knew somebody else would be sharing it with her.

It looked pretty sturdy, though. "Do you think it looks okay?" she asker her new roommate. "This was my first time pitching a tent all by myself." She nodded in reply to Emmalyn's question. "Oh, yeah! I got it right in class!" She looked toward her fully pitched tent and imagined it still being the same size on the outside but not on the inside. Standing outside of the tent, she pointed her wand toward it. "Capacious Extremis!" she called out. With the spell cast, she peered inside the tent. "Whoa, Emmalyn! It worked!" she said.

Thankful Maddie agreed to partner with her, she dropped her bag down on the ground next to her tent. "Looks great to me." She made a quick circle around the tent and it all seemed to be in order. Lines were tight and secure and she had found a nice flat place to put the tent on. Her back was already thanking Madide for the better nights sleep to come.

She stood back and observed Maddie cast the spell, successfully on the first try, and shook her head in amazement. "You are really good at that. Wand work is not my friend, but give me a broom and I'm good as gold." She giggled and poked her head inside the tent to see all the room. "That's going to be great for the both of us!" She lowered her voice a bit more "I brought some extra snacks, if you want to share. I have packed some chocolate cupcakes and some strawberry cupcakes with pink icing and pink sprinkles."

Knowing she needed to attempt the charm as well, she stood back up and moved away from the tent. Thankful that her attempt of the spell wouldn't hurt anything that Maddie had already done, she pointed her wand at the tent and commanded "CAPACIOUS EXTREMIS!" There, she tried. She got down on her knees to peek in. "Do you think it would make it even bigger in there?" She asked Maddie before she popped her head in to find out.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:46 AM   #66 (permalink)

MO & DMAC

Crumple-Horned Snorkack

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Giselle Barrington
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sable Ileana Armstrong
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skye Tamerlane
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Jemma McCrae
Minister's Office
x5 x3
Shoe!Girl │ Rebel Ravie │ Confundus Queen │ RP Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Demonstrating on the tent pitching wasn't all that challenging, as she'd done it before. It seemed weird maybe, but it helped too in Skylar's mind, that she was in great athletic condition. After pitching a tent, she glanced around, listening to Marchand explain that they'd be casting the undetectable expansion charm on the tents. OOOH, that was actually really nifty use of the charm.

Who to partner with? Obviously her preference would have been Vivian, but Skylar figured she should probably partner with a younger student. Spotting the female Gryffindor Prefect with a tent, Sky figured why not? Someone else could practice on her tent she'd pitched ....

"Heyyya Stas! Need a tent buddy?" She grinned at the now taller at least I think she is lol fourth year.
People had started pairing off, as Stasya had waited to see if anyone felt like choosing her, or maybe it was more her checking to make sure her tent wasn’t about to collapse. Either way, it had taken her a moment to realize that she’d heard her own name, or at least one of her nicknames, and she’d looked over to give Skylar a grin. “Course. I guess now we need to make sure there’s enough room in there for us?,” she responded, glancing back at the tent and realizing exactly how small it actually was. It was possible that even she, tall as she was, wouldn’t have fit inside unless she curled up in a ball and if she was going to share with the Slytherin Quidditch captain…

Yep, it was time to try the extension charm again. At least she felt a tiny bit more confident about her own spellcasting given the fact she’d managed to get the tent and her other supplies to the campsite. Not counting her personal cookie stash in her school bag, which she’d also brought and was totally willing to share. In fact, she wondered what a s’more made with chocolate chip cookies would taste like…but back to the spell. Between the two of them, she figured at least one of the charms had to work. “Capacious Extremis!,” she cast, pointing her wand toward the interior of the tent in front of herself. Except she wasn’t planning on testing it until both she and Skylar had tried the charm. Double charms had to mean more room, or so she figured.

...It must be exhausting, always rooting for the anti-hero
Old 07-20-2018, 01:10 PM   #67 (permalink)

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
First Year

x1

Quote:
Thankful Maddie agreed to partner with her, she dropped her bag down on the ground next to her tent. "Looks great to me." She made a quick circle around the tent and it all seemed to be in order. Lines were tight and secure and she had found a nice flat place to put the tent on. Her back was already thanking Madide for the better nights sleep to come.

She stood back and observed Maddie cast the spell, successfully on the first try, and shook her head in amazement. "You are really good at that. Wand work is not my friend, but give me a broom and I'm good as gold." She giggled and poked her head inside the tent to see all the room. "That's going to be great for the both of us!" She lowered her voice a bit more "I brought some extra snacks, if you want to share. I have packed some chocolate cupcakes and some strawberry cupcakes with pink icing and pink sprinkles."

Knowing she needed to attempt the charm as well, she stood back up and moved away from the tent. Thankful that her attempt of the spell wouldn't hurt anything that Maddie had already done, she pointed her wand at the tent and commanded "CAPACIOUS EXTREMIS!" There, she tried. She got down on her knees to peek in. "Do you think it would make it even bigger in there?" She asked Maddie before she popped her head in to find out.

Maddie kind of blushed when it occurred to her that because she got it right on the first try, Emmalyn would still need a tent to work on. "Sorry," she said. "It's hard to go from getting it down pat in class to not getting it to work afterwards." She looked from her tent to Emmalyn's then back again. "Maybe I can end the spell, and you can try it from scratch? Or there's still your tent you can work on."

Then she heard a voice speak up at just the right time, and she nodded toward Septimus. "Oh, look, there's somebody who needs a tent," she said. "If you still need to perform the spell for credit, you can try offering your tent to him and re-sizing the inside for him!" Maddie had no idea if casting the spell twice on the same tent would make the tent's insides any bigger, after all.
Old 07-20-2018, 01:15 PM   #68 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Five Minute Warning!
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Gaston nodded in reply when Stasya declined his offer for help, so as not to interrupt Kay's instructions. He gave her a quick encouraging smile, as if to remind her that the offer still stood if she changed her mind.

He wandered between the tents as the students paired off for the next part of the activity, ready to offer help at a moment's notice. So far, everyone appeared to be doing great! He watched as Emmalyn and Maddie paired up and each cast the Undetectable Extension Charm. He beamed,
but his face fell slightly as he overheard Emmalyn's words. "I don't know about that, Miss Walsh," he said, keeping his voice down so as not to embarrass her. "I think you're better with a wand than you realize." He could understand, though; that was the way he felt in every class that didn't involve wandwork when he was a student! An extra smile was given to the pair as he added, "Great job, Miss Kemp and Miss Walsh!"

Elsewhere he saw that Stasya had partnered with Skylar, and the pair was making good progress. "Nicely done!" he said upon seeing Stasya use the Undetectable Extension Charm. "Keep up the great work ladies."

As Gaston continued to monitor the class, he noticed Bel and Ronan appeared to be in the process of teaming up but hadn't done any spellwork yet. No matter, they still had time left. He shot the pair an encouraging smile before continuing on his way. As he did so, he noticed a couple of students (Chloe and Septimus) without partners. The thought crossed his mind to pair them up, but he didn't want to make them embarrassed or uncomfortable.

Gaston glanced at his watch, internally pnaicking as he saw there was less time than he thought. "You have FIVE MINUTES LEFT!" he announced to the group. Now there was still the students who didn't have partners... His bright blue eyes scanned the area, making a mental tally of the number of tents and students. Were there enough to go around? It appeared so. "If you still haven't found a partner, please practice the Undetectable Extension Charm on your own tent."

With that he turned to Septimus and gestured to Emmalyn's unused tent. "There's a tent over there you can use, Mr. Hadley-Nairne," he whispered.

OOC: Sorry for the late post! I had to get up early for an appointment. Anyway, you have ABOUT 14 HOURS (11 PM EDT) to finish. If you need help, let just let us know.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 07-20-2018, 02:58 PM   #69 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
Default Septimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post
Septimus watched as the two girls jumped forward to help demonstrate how to set up a tent. The better to know in the future, the second year watching intently as they showed what was needed as Professor Stewart spoke aloud on what all needed to be done in the process. It seemed easy enough of a thing to do, though there was more to it of course. Like having the tent at hand to work on.

At least he already had a hand of the undetectable extension charm.

As he didn’t have a tent in his bundle of supplies that no doubt meant that he had to find someone to share a tent with. Septimus looked around to the various boys that were in the clearing, wondering who would be willing to work and share with him. “Anyone have a tent and have room for another?” he asked, noting girls also asking but not feeling sure of working with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post

With that he turned to Septimus and gestured to Emmalyn's unused tent. "There's a tent over there you can use, Mr. Hadley-Nairne," he whispered.
"Good idea, Maddie." She said as she turned towards Septimus. "You are more than welcome to use the tent I set up. I think it's secure." She blushed a little bit, feeing uneasy about her tent pitching skills with a style of tent she hadn't previously done.

"Want to work together on extending it? You can go first, then if you need some extra help, I'll give it another go?" She flashed an encouraging smile towards her classmate as she made her way back over to the tent she had set up. She hated for anyone in the class to feel like they didn't have a partner and there was no reason for him to not have a tent to practice on or sleep in.

Part way over, she paused, ran back to her bag and grabbed a small package, then dashed back towards the empty tent. "You can even have one of my cupcakes. Do you like chocolate or strawberry better?"
Old 07-20-2018, 04:53 PM   #70 (permalink)

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
First Year

x1
Default Totally forgot to type Maddie's reply about the cupcakes!

Quote:
"Good idea, Maddie." She said as she turned towards Septimus. "You are more than welcome to use the tent I set up. I think it's secure." She blushed a little bit, feeing uneasy about her tent pitching skills with a style of tent she hadn't previously done.

"Want to work together on extending it? You can go first, then if you need some extra help, I'll give it another go?" She flashed an encouraging smile towards her classmate as she made her way back over to the tent she had set up. She hated for anyone in the class to feel like they didn't have a partner and there was no reason for him to not have a tent to practice on or sleep in.

Part way over, she paused, ran back to her bag and grabbed a small package, then dashed back towards the empty tent. "You can even have one of my cupcakes. Do you like chocolate or strawberry better?"

Now that the business side of things was taken care of, Maddie suddenly remembered a little something else Emmalyn had mentioned. Well, she actually had never even forgotten about it. It had been first and foremost on her mind, but she had helped Septimus with a tent before focusing on the other little matter that had been mentioned.

"Oh, and did somebody say cupcakes?" she asked, a wide smile on her face. "Because I am all about some cupcakes! Especially the ones with pink icing and pink sprinkles." But first, Septimus needed a tent! "That can definitely wait, though!" She was also wondering if somebody brought along marshmallows and sticks, because what was a camping trip without making s'mores?

While Maddie waited on whatever they were supposed to do next, she sat down next to her tent. Setting up a campsite was hard work! Also, she wanted cupcakes. And s'mores.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:18 PM   #71 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Five minutes?!

Yikes!

He better get moving then if he wanted to participate. If only he had a---oh he did have a tent to use, Professor Marchand discreetly pointed out to him. “Thanks Professor,” Septimus whispered back, moving to the tent that had been out up already in demonstration, its creator apparently not needing it. And then said put-er-upper noticed what was going on and spoke up to give her own permission for him to use it. Doubley good it appeared to be.

“Alright, sounds good.” The Ravenclaw taking out his wand so he could work. Pausing in thought as he remembered the practice, the incantation literally on the tip of his tongue. “Capacious extremis” he finally cast, pointing at the tent. Leaning in, it didn’t seem to have worked at first, she the second year straightened and repeated himself with a bit more oomph. “Capacious extremis!” Second time was the charm it seemed as this time he checked and the tent was roomy to say the least. Just in time for Emmalyn to return…with cupcakes.

“Um..thanks,” he said to the offer, a touch taken aback. “Chocolate I guess.”
Old 07-21-2018, 02:32 AM   #72 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

Kaysha returned Chloe’s grin then moved among the other kiddos, keeping an alert eye for anyone who needed help. She was pleased to see that they either didn’t need any or those that did, were getting the assistance from their fellows. “Thank you for volunteering,’’ she said to the ones that had as she passed them. She would feel rude of she didn’t let them know that she was grateful.

Once it was determined that they all were getting along well, she called in general. “Excellent work, you lot! You all seem to be professional campers,’’ Kaysha added merrily before beginning her stroll among them again. “Oh, three points to Ms. Kemp and Ms. Walsh for being accommodating to Mr. Hadley- Nairne.’’

Did anyone else need a tent and a partner, anyway? Chloe? “If you can’t find one, you can always find a duo.’’

OOC: Thank you soooo much for attending, guys! Rhi bear will close the lesson since I wouldn't be around at the time the thread is due to be closed.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 07-21-2018, 03:00 AM   #73 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Time's up!

Gaston gave Septimus an encouraging smile as he watched the boy try and try again to cast the Undetectable Extension Charm. ”Well done, Mr. Hadley-Nairne, he said after seeing his successful second attempt.

His smile turned into a full-fledged beam while watching Emmalynreturn and give cupcakes to Maddie and Septimus. That was just the sort of kindness he liked to see in his students, and those cupcakes looked awfully tasty! ”Thank you for sharing your cupcakes, Miss Walsh, he said. ”That's very kind of you!” The thought crossed his mind to award house points for such kindness, but before he could consult with Kay, she was doing just that. He smiled. Great minds think alike!

After a couple more minutes had passed, Gaston checked his watch. ”TIME IS UP!” he announced. He waited for the students to find a stopping place and turn their attention back to him before going on, ”Now that our tents are up, we have time for snacks and a bit of fun before bed… but first, I have one quick thing to attend to. Please stay with Professor Stewart while I'm gone.”

He left and returned about ten minutes later, arms full of firewood. He arranged the wood into a neat pile far enough away from the tents so as not to catch fire - though the tents were equipped with a flame freezing charm, just in case. Now came the hard part… actually starting the fire. He gripped his wand. The only times he could cast a fire spell without panicking were when he was angry, but this time he had nothing to be angry about. Come on, focus! Do it for the kids, he thought. What kind of professor can't do a simple fire charm?! His frustration with himself won out, and… ”Incendio!”

Gaston took an automatic step (or several) back as the fire roared to life, just as the sun was going down. Turning to the students again, he said, ”If you look in your bags, you'll find kits for making s'mores, or you may have your own snacks if you brought any. Making s'mores is easy. Just take a graham cracker, break it in half, and place a square of chocolate on one half.” He demonstrated each step as he spoke. ”Then place a marshmallow on a stick and hold it over the fire until it's roasted to your liking. When it's done, put the marshmallow on top of the chocolate and cover it with the other cracker half. Press down, pull out the stick, let it cool for a bit, and enjoy!”

Sounds simple, right? He nibbled an edge of the s’more he made in his demonstration. Mmm… so good! ”Lights out will be in one hour. Until then, feel free to snack and chat amongst yourselves.”

OOC: Thank you for coming to our lesson! The thread will stay open ANOTHER 24 HOURS (11 PM EDT July 21) for those who want to interact around the campfire.