sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1571 users online including...
PhoenixRising , Evapjj , Evawwv , Marinazkk , Evacjr

5 members
1566 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmistress: Regina Hawthorne's Reign > Term 50: September - December 2018

Term 50: September - December 2018 Term Fifty: Austere Academy (Sept 2096 - June 2097)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2017, 01:52 AM

Default Staff Room

In the corridor branching off the Entrance Hall, you notice two stone gargoyles guarding a door. You will soon learn that these statutes love to gossip. For those that have been attending Hogwarts for a while, it is common knowledge that this room is for the staff members of the school. The grand mahogany door that separates the corridor and the room is typically locked, so it is best that you not to even attempt entering unless you want detention.

Beyond the door is a long, large circular table, big enough to fit each person employed at Hogwarts, stands front and centre. This is where all the professors and support staff sit and discuss important school matters, ranging from discussions on the curriculum to problem students. A large wardrobe, once home to a boggart, is placed next to a small table on one side of the room and is full of various coats and robes long forgotten by their previous owners. The table holds two boxes: one containing spare parchment and quills and the other confiscated student items.

The opposite end of the staff room is arguably the more popular spot in the room. Placed strategically by a large fireplace, comfy leather sofas and chairs provide an excellent place for the adults to socialize with each other or take a much-needed nap.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Default Jaime and other staffers...
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

After a long day of classes in the greenhouses Joshua made his way back up to the castle to take a needed and well earned rest in the staff room before dinner. Contrary to what many of the students believed there was as much to do in the greenhouses at the end of the fall as in spring. Plants, herbs, trees and vegetables needed to be cared for with a loving touch no matter what month it was on the calender.

Coming into the quiet staff room after avoiding being pelted by one of Peeves water balloons Joshua took some time to clean up and wash off dirt from his fingers before he took a seat in one of the sofas by the large fireplace. Closing his eyes Joshua relaxed just for a moment.
Old 09-25-2018, 04:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

His final class of the day was over and he was desperate to avoid any opportunities to take more points away, so he headed to the staff room. Upon entering, he noticed Professor Wishart on the sofa near the fireplace, possibly asleep. A nap sounded pretty good to him, but it was getting to be a bit too close to dinner to take one.

Foster stepped a bit closer and every so softly cleared his throat, just loud enough to be heard if Joshua was awake, but not nearly loud enough to wake him up if he was sleeping. The last thing he wanted to do was startle the poor guy and send him flailing off the couch and onto the floor.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:11 AM   #4 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom View Post
His final class of the day was over and he was desperate to avoid any opportunities to take more points away, so he headed to the staff room. Upon entering, he noticed Professor Wishart on the sofa near the fireplace, possibly asleep. A nap sounded pretty good to him, but it was getting to be a bit too close to dinner to take one.

Foster stepped a bit closer and every so softly cleared his throat, just loud enough to be heard if Joshua was awake, but not nearly loud enough to wake him up if he was sleeping. The last thing he wanted to do was startle the poor guy and send him flailing off the couch and onto the floor.
Joshua just wanted to close his eyes for just 2 minutes to avoid thinking about the many points he had taken away in his last class of the day. He hadn't given anyone detention but the rules. Ugh. Could he just avoid enforcing them? Turning in his sleep his arm banged in the sofa and Joshua woke up with an outbursted "Ouch!"....Sitting up he massaged his arm and realized that he wasn't alone in the staff room.

Blinking as he recognized who stood near him he plastered on a smile as he raised his gaze. "Good afternoon Foster, have you had a good day of lessons?"
Old 09-25-2018, 04:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Joshua just wanted to close his eyes for just 2 minutes to avoid thinking about the many points he had taken away in his last class of the day. He hadn't given anyone detention but the rules. Ugh. Could he just avoid enforcing them? Turning in his sleep his arm banged in the sofa and Joshua woke up with an outbursted "Ouch!"....Sitting up he massaged his arm and realized that he wasn't alone in the staff room.

Blinking as he recognized who stood near him he plastered on a smile as he raised his gaze. "Good afternoon Foster, have you had a good day of lessons?"
He softly chuckled and shook his head at Joshua's sudden awakening. Not to laugh at the man, but with him since it was the exact way he would have woken up, especially in a place other than his own bed. "Good afternoon to you as well, Joshua." He walked closer and took a seat across from his colleague. "Lessons went well..." He paused a moment to reflect over all the points deductions. "Lessons, yes, rule following, not so much. It appears the students are none too happy with the newest additions." It really was getting out of hand. The morning exercises were one thing, but each new addition was getting a bit more out of hand.

"How about your day? It appears the day has been a bit taxing on you." He knew he was exhausted, both mentally and physically. He could only imagine how the other professors were felling. "I think this is the first year in all my years of teaching that I'm looking forward to the holiday break. A little time spent surrounded by laughter and joy will be good for me."

That was it. That was what was missing more than anything at Hogwarts. There was no joy around. The joy of friendship, learning, and pride for the school had been stripped away by the new headmaster.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:23 AM   #6 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom View Post
He softly chuckled and shook his head at Joshua's sudden awakening. Not to laugh at the man, but with him since it was the exact way he would have woken up, especially in a place other than his own bed. "Good afternoon to you as well, Joshua." He walked closer and took a seat across from his colleague. "Lessons went well..." He paused a moment to reflect over all the points deductions. "Lessons, yes, rule following, not so much. It appears the students are none too happy with the newest additions." It really was getting out of hand. The morning exercises were one thing, but each new addition was getting a bit more out of hand.

"How about your day? It appears the day has been a bit taxing on you." He knew he was exhausted, both mentally and physically. He could only imagine how the other professors were felling. "I think this is the first year in all my years of teaching that I'm looking forward to the holiday break. A little time spent surrounded by laughter and joy will be good for me."

That was it. That was what was missing more than anything at Hogwarts. There was no joy around. The joy of friendship, learning, and pride for the school had been stripped away by the new headmaster.
Joshua didn’t blame Foster for laughing at him. He had probably looked quite hilarious when he had woken up so abruptly. Straightening up in the sofa he pulled a hand through his dark hair that was probably looked ruffled by the pillow it had been lying on. With Foster’s observation about the kids Joshua couldn’t not agree and sighed a little as he did so tiredly. "I know, the kids aren’t exactly subtle with their views about the newest added rules of our Headmaster." He paused a moment to reflect on some of the last weeks lessons. "You could say that the lessons off late have become quite interesting and unpredictable plant discussed not counted, what with the latest new rules of contraband items such as homemade food, jewlerry and prank items and having to stand before class starts.

Just after lunch today i had to deduct points and assign detentions to two boy’s that thought it fun to unleash a package of fillibuster fireworks in the greenhouse."
It had been a bad mess and the damage to the poor bouncing bulbs had put them in Joshua’s personal sick bay for plants in his office. He had not been amused and he was still angry.

Joshua nodded with a small smile at Foster. "This is my first full time teaching job and I’d be lying if i said i had predicted that some rules for the students benefit and safety would get such reactions. I can’t wait for the break either." A break where they could be happy, laugh and not worry about point taking.
Old 09-30-2018, 04:59 AM   #7 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Joshua didn’t blame Foster for laughing at him. He had probably looked quite hilarious when he had woken up so abruptly. Straightening up in the sofa he pulled a hand through his dark hair that was probably looked ruffled by the pillow it had been lying on. With Foster’s observation about the kids Joshua couldn’t not agree and sighed a little as he did so tiredly. "I know, the kids aren’t exactly subtle with their views about the newest added rules of our Headmaster." He paused a moment to reflect on some of the last weeks lessons. "You could say that the lessons off late have become quite interesting and unpredictable plant discussed not counted, what with the latest new rules of contraband items such as homemade food, jewlerry and prank items and having to stand before class starts.

Just after lunch today i had to deduct points and assign detentions to two boy’s that thought it fun to unleash a package of fillibuster fireworks in the greenhouse."
It had been a bad mess and the damage to the poor bouncing bulbs had put them in Joshua’s personal sick bay for plants in his office. He had not been amused and he was still angry.

Joshua nodded with a small smile at Foster. "This is my first full time teaching job and I’d be lying if i said i had predicted that some rules for the students benefit and safety would get such reactions. I can’t wait for the break either." A break where they could be happy, laugh and not worry about point taking.
Foster had to stifle another laugh over the fireworks. It was the kind of prank kids should be making, although a different location would have been preferable. It was one thing to have some fun and quite another to destroy property in the process. "There are some rules I'm better able to stand behind over others. I'm sorry to hear about the mess caused." He thought about how he would feel if something similar happened in his meditation room and shuddered. Not that he had plants to keep alive, but the thought of the expense to replace his teas and tea sets made his stomach turn.

He hadn't realized it was his very first teaching position. Yet another bit of information that had been left out due to the unfortunate events at the start of term feast. "The first year is always the hardest." He took a breath "Especially a first year like this one." Foster, thankfully, had many years of teaching under his belt, some far more stressful than others. However, the current year was proving to be one of the worst in his book. "Do you have plans for the holiday?"
Old 10-01-2018, 01:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Calvin Fletcher
Graduated
Default Crashing:D
I’m right, you’re wrong. They don’t call me a Seer for nothing.

Fletcher had silently made his way into the staffroom, his head throbbing from the abysmal essays he’d spent the better part of the day grading. It was very clear who read the material and who pulled things from their rear to hand in last minute. The man was tempted to ask them not to hand in an assignment if they knew it would be trash but homework was meant to be handed in and he wasn’t about to hand over a free card.

The man remained silent, over by the table, for now just listening to his colleagues. It didn’t take long for a scowl to set in. He didn’t know who was worse, the students or some of these Professors.

“There’s nothing hard about this year. Resistance is met with punishment and we move on. Should the students choose to break the rules—rules it’s not any of our places to question when they cause no harm to the students—“ Subtle reminder for the men who seemed uncomfortable with some of the rules themselves, “then it’s easy to deliver the consequence.”

They hadn’t asked, but for him this wasn’t a hard first year at all. “The hardest thing is reading the drivel some of these students hand in and not losing large sections of your brain in one go. “ That was the real challenge. Not this supposed conflict over punishing students who are being wilfully defiant.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:05 AM   #9 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office

His eyes closed at the sound of the voice behind him. He was thankful for his many years of practicing meditation and he silently counted in his head to keep from saying something he shouldn't. Once his blood pressure leveled off, he turned to Calvin. "Good day, Professor Fletcher." He squeezed out the most polite tone he could manage.

No harm. They seemed to be in disagreement as to what caused harm to a student. Knowing it was not the time or the place to voice his opinion, Foster decided to try and move the conversation a different direction. "Joshua and I both used to compete in quiz bowl. Did you ever participate in any events, Calvin?" Foster eyed Joshua, hoping he would jump in on the new topic.