sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1126 users online including...
Marinaprc , Andrewvh

3 members
1123 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Morgan P. Nickles Era

Morgan P. Nickles Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Minister for Magic, Morgan P. Nickles [IC January 2094 - December 2096; OOC October 2017 - October 2018]

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2014, 09:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Default Coffee, Tea, and More Station
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

There's no sink or spigot in this little hole in the wall, so all water and supplies must be brought in from the outside - for now, at least. Still, someone has set up a long counter along the wall near the door, and there is often a pot of water and a pot of coffee bubbling away cheerfully over a cauldron flame. A magically enhanced and expanded icebox sits at the far end. You shouldn't take anything out that you didn't put in there, but there's plenty of room for storage.

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Old 06-19-2014, 12:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

When needing a break and to stretch her legs, Victoria liked to venture to level ten. It was the most quiet level most days, unless there was something going on in one of the courtrooms, but today was one of the more quiet days. Taking advantage of this the thirty five year old took a walk to the level. Once there she moved around the corridor not really paying attention to most things. Just on a short little walk around the ministry before going back to work.

Though something caught her eye that she knew hadn't been there before. Curiosity getting the best of her she entered the area. Seeing a game of some sort in one corner her brown eyes moved again. Was that coffee? She wasn't really looking for a cup and they had a perfect fine coffee cart on level seven, but why would coffee just be brewing down here?
Old 06-20-2014, 08:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Reuben Albert Darcy-Stemp
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3
Sarah thinks I'm cute | Shan's safe space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
When needing a break and to stretch her legs, Victoria liked to venture to level ten. It was the most quiet level most days, unless there was something going on in one of the courtrooms, but today was one of the more quiet days. Taking advantage of this the thirty five year old took a walk to the level. Once there she moved around the corridor not really paying attention to most things. Just on a short little walk around the ministry before going back to work.

Though something caught her eye that she knew hadn't been there before. Curiosity getting the best of her she entered the area. Seeing a game of some sort in one corner her brown eyes moved again. Was that coffee? She wasn't really looking for a cup and they had a perfect fine coffee cart on level seven, but why would coffee just be brewing down here?
Wandering around the Ministry always seemed to get Adam's mind going. Whenever he was stuck on what to test, or how to test something, he got out of his seat, poured himself a cup of coffee, and wandered to a different level.

Got out of his comfort zone. Shook stuff up.

Right now, however, his thoughts were on his family and his children, and their excitement at the prospect of the up and coming Quidditch meet and greet event. Saffron, especially: he'd adored the look on her face when he'd told her. She'd be a Hogwarts Quidditch Star like her mother, one day. Not that he was letting her go to Hogwarts. No, she wasn't allowed to grow up. As he walked down the corridor of level ten, he caught sight of someone out of the corner of his eye. "Vic? Hello." What was she doing down here?

⇀ Standing now, calling all the people here to see the show_____________________________
Calling for my demons now to let me go ↽

Old 06-21-2014, 02:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

SPOILER!!: Adam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post

Wandering around the Ministry always seemed to get Adam's mind going. Whenever he was stuck on what to test, or how to test something, he got out of his seat, poured himself a cup of coffee, and wandered to a different level.

Got out of his comfort zone. Shook stuff up.

Right now, however, his thoughts were on his family and his children, and their excitement at the prospect of the up and coming Quidditch meet and greet event. Saffron, especially: he'd adored the look on her face when he'd told her. She'd be a Hogwarts Quidditch Star like her mother, one day. Not that he was letting her go to Hogwarts. No, she wasn't allowed to grow up. As he walked down the corridor of level ten, he caught sight of someone out of the corner of his eye. "Vic? Hello." What was she doing down here?

Still examining the cauldron with the brewing coffee, Victoria heard her name and turned to see who had called her. "Adam, hello" Was this an unofficial seven floor hang out now? Turning her eyes towards the table in the corner, there were games in here, so possibly. "What brings you down here?" Which was convenient really, she had wanted to pop by his office anyway so they could chat here instead.

"It looks like there is coffee available, though I'm not sure how good it is. I just kind of found it." Could it be trusted? Maybe not, she turned away from the brewing liquid to face her coworker. "How is everything? Getting back into the swing of things alright?" It was always a transition coming back from holiday that some made easier than others.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3

Quote:

Still examining the cauldron with the brewing coffee, Victoria heard her name and turned to see who had called her. "Adam, hello" Was this an unofficial seven floor hang out now? Turning her eyes towards the table in the corner, there were games in here, so possibly. "What brings you down here?" Which was convenient really, she had wanted to pop by his office anyway so they could chat here instead.

"It looks like there is coffee available, though I'm not sure how good it is. I just kind of found it." Could it be trusted? Maybe not, she turned away from the brewing liquid to face her coworker. "How is everything? Getting back into the swing of things alright?" It was always a transition coming back from holiday that some made easier than others.

"Stretching my legs, change of scenery. Helps me to think." Adam said with a grin as he made his way over to his colleague. "You?" Because they had coffee on the seventh floor, although that cart could get quite the demand at certain times. It seemed a popular haunt for other levels of the Ministry, too - was the coffee particularly good?

He didn't think so, but maybe he was just used to it. Leaning over to sniff the coffee, Adam's nose wrinkled, and he took in the rest of their new surroundings. "No mugs, though." So unless anyone was planning on drinking it straight from the pot, he assumed the level-ee's here brought their own. "Everything seems good, so far. I'm looking forward to this event. What about you?" What with her being the Quidditch division head, he was sure her excitement must definitely rival his own.

⇀ Standing now, calling all the people here to see the show_____________________________

Old 06-26-2014, 04:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
"Stretching my legs, change of scenery. Helps me to think." Adam said with a grin as he made his way over to his colleague. "You?" Because they had coffee on the seventh floor, although that cart could get quite the demand at certain times. It seemed a popular haunt for other levels of the Ministry, too - was the coffee particularly good?

He didn't think so, but maybe he was just used to it. Leaning over to sniff the coffee, Adam's nose wrinkled, and he took in the rest of their new surroundings. "No mugs, though." So unless anyone was planning on drinking it straight from the pot, he assumed the level-ee's here brought their own. "Everything seems good, so far. I'm looking forward to this event. What about you?" What with her being the Quidditch division head, he was sure her excitement must definitely rival his own.

Oh so he was out for a break as well. “Great minds think alike. I was doing the same really. I can only sit in paperwork for so long before I have to get up and move. I know down here isn’t usually busy unless there are hearings going on, so thought it was a good quiet place to walk. Then I found this.” She glanced towards the coffee cauldron again. Just interesting all of it.

“Yeah, I don’t think I’m going to test it.” Not that she had a mug, but she could transfigure one, though she wasn’t temping this odd looking cauldron. She turned her focus back on her coworker and her smile grew, “Oh I’m so glad. Really excited your division is up for helping us. I’m not sure I could get everything accomplish with just my own team. They are great, but this is big.” As well as exciting. She really couldn’t wait. “I can’t wait to see some new inventions you have in store. Oh how did the gobstones end up?” She was curious about that since he said something at their meeting.

Thinking about pranks lead her to thoughts of Bart, “My son would love to get his hands on something like that, hence why I was afraid it came from the school.” Had she mentioned about him in the meeting. “He’s going to hate missing the event. Are your kids and wife excited for it?” It was months away yet, but children got excited early.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3

Quote:
Oh so he was out for a break as well. “Great minds think alike. I was doing the same really. I can only sit in paperwork for so long before I have to get up and move. I know down here isn’t usually busy unless there are hearings going on, so thought it was a good quiet place to walk. Then I found this.” She glanced towards the coffee cauldron again. Just interesting all of it.

“Yeah, I don’t think I’m going to test it.” Not that she had a mug, but she could transfigure one, though she wasn’t temping this odd looking cauldron. She turned her focus back on her coworker and her smile grew, “Oh I’m so glad. Really excited your division is up for helping us. I’m not sure I could get everything accomplish with just my own team. They are great, but this is big.” As well as exciting. She really couldn’t wait. “I can’t wait to see some new inventions you have in store. Oh how did the gobstones end up?” She was curious about that since he said something at their meeting.

Thinking about pranks lead her to thoughts of Bart, “My son would love to get his hands on something like that, hence why I was afraid it came from the school.” Had she mentioned about him in the meeting. “He’s going to hate missing the event. Are your kids and wife excited for it?” It was months away yet, but children got excited early.

"I find that stretching my legs gets the ideas flowing. Helps to solve problems. I've never really been down here before, either, so it's quite..... interesting." That seemed to be the word, Adam thought, following Victoria's eyes towards the cauldron again. He wondered if many of the level ten workers used it often, or if it always looked as lonely as it did right now. The thirty year old shrugged a little as his colleague mentioned not testing it, and agreed silently. If they wanted coffee, he'd be perfectly happy to walk back to level seven.

Of course she was excited, too. He had expected nothing less. "We're all definitely into helping you out. I think there's a lot of scope for getting Patents established in the environment, too." He chuckled a little, running a hand through his hair at the same time. "The gobstones... they're actually quiet good. I need to speak to that department about getting them marketed. Pretty harmless, but at the same time, quite amusing." Corbin and Ringo were enjoying playing with them at home for now, but he was sure the inventor was quite excited about getting them put on sale. "I can imagine. My oldest is loving them." So, he could only imagine what a teenage boy at Hogwarts would think. It was scary to imagine Corb and Saffron attending in a mere number of years. "Will the girls be coming? Yes, I think they're all looking forward to it." Nods. LOTS of nods. Enough nods for every Stemp.

Old 06-30-2014, 01:28 AM   #8 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

Victoria let her eyes move around the room. “Interesting is one way to put it. I’ve come down a few times, but was only here for jury duty once, thank Merlin. It was interesting, but I’d much rather be at work than sitting watching a criminal. Especially a criminal that did something at Hogwarts.” With Bart there all those stories did was scare her, but thankfully she had Cossy looking out for him.

She couldn’t help but smile, that’s what she wanted to hear and she knew Mariel would too. Fantastic! “I’m glad, I really want to see your area shine a bit more. You guys tend to be the hidden gem. People love the inventions, but don’t give enough credit to the people that work hard behind them. This will be a great way to get out in the public eye.” With Mariel’s fiancé being a journalist she’d probably be able to tell him exactly what to put in the paper. Starting to chuckle over the sound of the Gobstones, “Well at least it was someone pulling a nice prank and not trying to ruin a game. That’s all we need is threats using Gobstones. Hogwarts has already lost Quiddtich this term.” She was still a bit annoyed by the entire thing that went around that, it was probably because she had teams still questioning how to find new talent from there.

“Oh Bart would find a way to use them against people, or professors. The boy has always been a handful when it comes to pranks. He’s smart, but I’d just wish he’d use it for other things.” She hadn’t heard anything from the school that he had been getting in trouble, so at least that was a plus. “He’s going to be livid when he finds out he can’t come to the Quidditch event.” She had known this from the get go. “Oh I don’t’ know yet. They are still too young to really know what’s going on, but if Charely or my parents bring them than I guess they could have fun with the mascots. Though Alana would probably be scared of them.”
Old 07-08-2014, 09:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3

Quote:
Victoria let her eyes move around the room. “Interesting is one way to put it. I’ve come down a few times, but was only here for jury duty once, thank Merlin. It was interesting, but I’d much rather be at work than sitting watching a criminal. Especially a criminal that did something at Hogwarts.” With Bart there all those stories did was scare her, but thankfully she had Cossy looking out for him.

She couldn’t help but smile, that’s what she wanted to hear and she knew Mariel would too. Fantastic! “I’m glad, I really want to see your area shine a bit more. You guys tend to be the hidden gem. People love the inventions, but don’t give enough credit to the people that work hard behind them. This will be a great way to get out in the public eye.” With Mariel’s fiancé being a journalist she’d probably be able to tell him exactly what to put in the paper. Starting to chuckle over the sound of the Gobstones, “Well at least it was someone pulling a nice prank and not trying to ruin a game. That’s all we need is threats using Gobstones. Hogwarts has already lost Quiddtich this term.” She was still a bit annoyed by the entire thing that went around that, it was probably because she had teams still questioning how to find new talent from there.

“Oh Bart would find a way to use them against people, or professors. The boy has always been a handful when it comes to pranks. He’s smart, but I’d just wish he’d use it for other things.” She hadn’t heard anything from the school that he had been getting in trouble, so at least that was a plus. “He’s going to be livid when he finds out he can’t come to the Quidditch event.” She had known this from the get go. “Oh I don’t’ know yet. They are still too young to really know what’s going on, but if Charely or my parents bring them than I guess they could have fun with the mascots. Though Alana would probably be scared of them.”
"I haven't been here for jury duty." Yet. Adam spoke the last word in his head, afraid that aloud would provide a jinx. "What was it like, the trial?" Were you even allowed to talk about that? He didn't know. "I'm... I'm glad the kids aren't there yet. It must have your nerves shot half of the time." Or you know, more than that. Of course, the Professors were more than competent, but there was parental instinct that seemed to ignore that. Hopefully, by the time his eldest were old enough to attend, the mayhem surrounding the school would have died down.

Adam shrugged, as if the compliment was nothing, but he did grin cheekily. It was possibly the one area of his life where he wasn't some form of the centre of attention, and surprisingly he didn't mind that. "Well, it's not just us. The inventors need the credit. At least, the successful ones." The ones who came up with rubbish or dangerous stuff... Adam was just glad that most of the time they couldn't be traced, although it would be nice to know the source wasn't able to try and market more. "I know. I still can't believe it. Quidditch is everything to some of those kids. Hopefully next year'll be different." He inwardly shuddered at the thought of the threat, and was momentarily upset that the students wouldn't be able to come to their event. "I actually need to talk to Gobstones about these prank ones, though. See what they want to do marketing wise."

He doubted that they would be put into permanent play, but it would be amusing to see them sold.

"I'm sure he will, one day," the man chuckled, running a hand through his hair. "Maybe he'll end up creating his own joke line, or something - end up successful that way." Or he'd wake up one day and decide to get his head down. Kids usually ended up sorting themselves out, in the end. Right? He hoped so. "I think there are a quite a few students who aren't going to be happy, but... Well, I'm sure they'll be alright." You know, they'd probably get over it and decide it wasn't cool anyway. Or something. "She would? How old are they?" Mascots. He didn't think Lilah would enjoy them too much, but eh, he'd have to wait and see.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

“It wasn’t bad actually.” The jury duty, she remembered it pretty detailed, interesting how it all went down. “I had never been in one until this Talone Case. She’s the woman that was stealing youth from people at Hogwarts. Bart was going to an Australian school at that time. Merlin did I not want him at that school.” Now she was faced with him being there. Ugh it just didn’t settle well with her. “It was interesting to watch until she escaped. They still haven’t caught her I’m sure. If they had it’d be in the paper.” She sighed and shook her head, “It’s on my nerves all of the time. Last term something weird happened. Again with stolen youth. The kids became older than my parents. We were never told, I found out at a quidditch match that Bart had aged. They did nothing about it, he had a stroke for Merlin’s sake.” She was still furious about it.

She grinned he was so modest, no wonder he was so good at his job. It was great that he had been promoted this year. Had she congratulated him for it? “But it’s also your hard work that brings the inventers to their success and getting them on the market. Congrats on your promotion by the way.” grinning at him, knowing he deserved it so much. She shook her head, this threat thing just didn’t know how to go away at some points, “Yes I really hope it will. I have plenty of not happy managers about their scouts not getting to see these kids play. I just think it was rubbish how it went down, but it wasn’t our call to make.” She shrugged about it, there was nothing that could be done. “Saxon would be a good one to set the meeting up with. She’s a great source of information.” Their fellow manager was great at her job. “Let me know if they go on the market, I think they’d make a great gift for my son.” She could find the humor in them.

“That’s a thought. He had his heart set on Professional Quidditch until last terms stroke. So now I’m not sure. He’s really into potions, so I’m hoping he goes into something there.” She wasn’t sure though and he was still young enough to figure it out. Victoria couldn’t help but laugh, “Yes you are right, I can see many angry letters from teenagers coming at us. They idolize these players. It would be a dream come true for most of them.” She could only imagine what Bart would do. “They will be two in July, so kind of young yet and Alana is scared easily. She has this horrible stranger issue.” So if Charely brought them she’d see if she was scared or not.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:52 AM   #11 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

SOOOOOOOOOOooOOOOoOOOooOOOOOoooooOOo Ember was on break. And she wanted coffee. So. SOOoo. She had gone in search of this MYSTERIOUS coffee shop she had heard about--from Mitya, right? And she HIGHLY doubted it was on Levels One, Two, or Three--thank Merlin. Ember hadn't set FOOT on those levels in weeks. She didn't want to get in more trouble! NO NO NO.

So the turquoise-haired Pest Controller had gone---ON AN ADVENTURE YEAH! She searched high and low--and finally--FINALLY found this secret little spot. YES. She'd HAVE to show Dmitry. HEY MITYA I FOUND IT HA. But for now--she wanted to adventure by herself. And wow was it BEAUTIFUl. AHHHH. Ember could just--SIGH. She could so see her coming down here to work on paperwork things--or anything in general! SO LOVELY. Ember twirled around a bit and giggled a lot as she took in the room--mismatched chairs. EMBER LOVED MISMATCHING SO MUCH. It reflected her personality, a bit.

EEEE!

The twenty-three-year-old had to decide what kind of coffee she wanted, though, and as she approached the little ordering spot she bit her lip. HMM. DECISIONS WERE HARD, MAN.

Roman Gellar ● 1st Year ● Slytherin
Old 11-25-2014, 05:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

SPOILER!!: eeeee!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
SOOOOOOOOOOooOOOOoOOOooOOOOOoooooOOo Ember was on break. And she wanted coffee. So. SOOoo. She had gone in search of this MYSTERIOUS coffee shop she had heard about--from Mitya, right? And she HIGHLY doubted it was on Levels One, Two, or Three--thank Merlin. Ember hadn't set FOOT on those levels in weeks. She didn't want to get in more trouble! NO NO NO.

So the turquoise-haired Pest Controller had gone---ON AN ADVENTURE YEAH! She searched high and low--and finally--FINALLY found this secret little spot. YES. She'd HAVE to show Dmitry. HEY MITYA I FOUND IT HA. But for now--she wanted to adventure by herself. And wow was it BEAUTIFUl. AHHHH. Ember could just--SIGH. She could so see her coming down here to work on paperwork things--or anything in general! SO LOVELY. Ember twirled around a bit and giggled a lot as she took in the room--mismatched chairs. EMBER LOVED MISMATCHING SO MUCH. It reflected her personality, a bit.

EEEE!

The twenty-three-year-old had to decide what kind of coffee she wanted, though, and as she approached the little ordering spot she bit her lip. HMM. DECISIONS WERE HARD, MAN.
Level one was dead- hardly a surprise- it always seemed to be. And to make it even WORSE she couldn't find that delightful piece of eye candy-ahem Ezra- anywhere. To top it all off, sitting in her small stuffy little cubicle home was starting to give her a headache and all she needed was a large chai tea latte, with extra whip, but only the fat free kind and holding off on the sugar. Witch Weekly was never like this. Every day was something to be excited about and she was around other people who were just as enthusiastic about fashion as she was, but here in the Ministry it seemed to be a place of constant judgement. So yes, six inch heels were hardly practical, but they were a statement and no one seemed to appreciate them around here!!

Ahem, right, so there were rumors about a little underground coffee shop, and Tiffany wanted to see it herself, no she NEEDED to see it herself. Mostly because she needed some caffeine more than ever, but also because she hoped there would be some form of civilization around the place. After what seemed like an ENDLESS flights of stairs-- ha, who was she kidding, stairs in THESE heels? Ridiculous. After what seemed like an ENDLESS elevator ride, she had finally made it to the--

Ew. They called this a coffee shop?

Uh, right.

Sure the place was well... Erm.... Endearing?

Clutching her Channel purse to her stomach- not wanting to get it dirty with whatever it was that was probably lining the place- she made her way to the line. Specifically behind the woman with the... Blue? Uh. Well, she had seen worse. It was definitely an interesting choice, though, Tiffany didn't really understand the appeal, she did applaud the woman for her erm, unique taste? "I love the color," technically, it wasn't a complete lie, "Did you do it yourself?" she asked looking up at the hair. Not a particular fashion statement Tiffany was fond of... But occasionally, crazy colors did make a statement, you know? And after working with so many fashionless zombies, Tiffany was actually glad to be around someone who took aesthetics to a unique place. Kind of refreshing? In a totally weird But-I-would-never-do-that-to-my-own-hair kind of way.

You are Lemon!
Old 11-26-2014, 10:10 PM   #13 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Ember still had no clue what she wanted, but no one was behind her----OOOOPS WAIT. Someone JUST came in--Ember smiled at her all big and nodded at her before turning forward.

DECISIONS WERE ROUGH. If Mitya was here she'd make him choose FOR her because UGH. Sighing, she turned to the woman--to tell her to go in front of her--but she decided to COOOOMPLIMENT HER HAIR!!!!11! Ember SQUEEEE-ED loudly and clapped her hands and TWIRLED in happiness. "OH! REALLY?!?" She asked excitedly, bowing her head in thanks and running her fingers through her hair.

HEHEHE. "YOu know what's FUNNY? I was just telling a friend recently that I wanted to go back natural--my light brunette color--" she giggled though. "but now-I MIGHT JUST KEEP IT FOREVER." Not really forever, but YEAH--she loved the color. And hearing those words just--yeah--it was comforting. "Some people hate it. Unprofessional! But--OH WELL." Ember could have SUUUUUNG right now if she wanted to---oh she DID--but she didn't want to break this POOR DEAR WOMAN'S EARS. That would be an AWFUL first impression! And Ember wasn't always so GREAT at those! People didn't appreciate her HAPPINESS.

"Actually no--I had a friend do it--" she said with a nod. "If I did myself I'd end up dying mySELF blue!" And NOPE she didn't want to be ENTIRELY BLUE--though that sounded like a LOT of fun, now that she thought about it--HMM.

Old 11-28-2014, 07:02 AM   #14 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

SPOILER!!: MUCH EXCITEMENT, EMBER
Quote:
Ember still had no clue what she wanted, but no one was behind her----OOOOPS WAIT. Someone JUST came in--Ember smiled at her all big and nodded at her before turning forward.

DECISIONS WERE ROUGH. If Mitya was here she'd make him choose FOR her because UGH. Sighing, she turned to the woman--to tell her to go in front of her--but she decided to COOOOMPLIMENT HER HAIR!!!!11! Ember SQUEEEE-ED loudly and clapped her hands and TWIRLED in happiness. "OH! REALLY?!?" She asked excitedly, bowing her head in thanks and running her fingers through her hair.

HEHEHE. "YOu know what's FUNNY? I was just telling a friend recently that I wanted to go back natural--my light brunette color--" she giggled though. "but now-I MIGHT JUST KEEP IT FOREVER." Not really forever, but YEAH--she loved the color. And hearing those words just--yeah--it was comforting. "Some people hate it. Unprofessional! But--OH WELL." Ember could have SUUUUUNG right now if she wanted to---oh she DID--but she didn't want to break this POOR DEAR WOMAN'S EARS. That would be an AWFUL first impression! And Ember wasn't always so GREAT at those! People didn't appreciate her HAPPINESS.

"Actually no--I had a friend do it--" she said with a nod. "If I did myself I'd end up dying mySELF blue!" And NOPE she didn't want to be ENTIRELY BLUE--though that sounded like a LOT of fun, now that she thought about it--HMM.

O__________O

Merlin, it was only a compliment and not even a good one at that. Truth be told, there wasn't any absolute sincerity in the comment, but she had gotten good about faking it. But no one had ever reacted like her. The woman had gone INSANE?? Tiffany was not prepared for this. Was she the same breed as those crazy healers from a while back!? WAS THIS GIRL GOING TO TAKE HER IN TO SEE THEM AGAIN???

.... But there was twirling? And Tiffany had no idea what to do, so she just stood in place- a little bewildered- and clutched her purse to her stomach even more tightly than before. "Mhmmm," she nodded, at a loss for any other words. What in the name of Merlin was going on here? "It's very-ermm- eccentric?" Eccentric was an understatement actually. It was also a pretty good description of her personality, assuming she was always this-well- eccentric?

The Ministry Advisor took a small step backwards as she raised a questioning brow at the 'you know what's funny' bit. Actually, she didn't know what was funny, nor did she actually care to find out. But something told her that she was going to get the punch line anyways, so she didn't say much else and just waited for the girl to continue... Through her giggling. Tiffany just nodded rather reluctantly at first, but then decided to humor the woman, given the fact that it was only a line and hopefully it would go by quickly. No need to make another enemy here, just pretend to get along with her and then leave and never see her again. That easy. And by the looks of it, she wasn't on level one because Tiffany had never seen her hair before, so yup. Perfect plan.

"Forever?" At this point there were SIRENS going on in Tiffany's head. She was going to keep her hair that color FORANDEVER? !!!!! WHAT? ??? Didn't she know that blue would go out of season? That there wasn't all that much that you could match with that color? What if she had to attend a funeral or something? OR what if she couldn't get a job because of it-- which was ironic considering she already had one, but STILL-- forever was a long time to have bright blue hair. Or was it green? At this point she couldn't even tell. "That's a really long time," she was reeeeeeaaaaallllyyyy trying to help the girl out here. Save her from a fashion flop. Let Tiffany help you. It's what she did, save fashion victims. "Don't you think you'll ever get tired of it? Want to try something a bit... Different?"

See, she was really trying to help here. REALLY TRYING.

You are Lemon!
Old 11-28-2014, 04:37 PM   #15 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Ember positively BEAMED. "I Know--I've been told before---eccentric." But she didn't MIND that word at all--it DID describe her so perfectly. HEHEHEHE. She had been trying to let the woman go before her--since Ember STILL had no clue what she wanted, either.

Ooooh.

She wasn't a fan of this..forever deal. "Well." She thought for a moment. "Not REALLY forever. I wouldn't want to be a mother with this hair--" she smiled at her. Not that Ember had ANY plans of the sort ANY time soon--but yeah. She knew when she wanted to DEFINITELY be done with it. "Different maybe. My natural color is a staaaark contrast to this." She said as she waved her head around, shaking her hair.

"Please--order first--I'm still undecided--" she said as she stepped back from the line and bite at her fingernails. But these decisions were IMPORTANT. If you ordered the WRONG thing--Ember would just be regretful ALLLLLLLL day about it! She couldn't have THAT! "Have you ever BEEN here before?" she asked curiously, stepping closer to the woman again. "Oh--my name's Ember, by the way! Ember--from Level Four." And she was used to, by now, getting LOOKS from people when she said was Level Four. Ember had learned to ignore them because really--it WAAS the best level, and what REALLY did they know?!

Old 11-29-2014, 05:27 AM   #16 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

SPOILER!!: <333
Quote:
Ember positively BEAMED. "I Know--I've been told before---eccentric." But she didn't MIND that word at all--it DID describe her so perfectly. HEHEHEHE. She had been trying to let the woman go before her--since Ember STILL had no clue what she wanted, either.

Ooooh.

She wasn't a fan of this..forever deal. "Well." She thought for a moment. "Not REALLY forever. I wouldn't want to be a mother with this hair--" she smiled at her. Not that Ember had ANY plans of the sort ANY time soon--but yeah. She knew when she wanted to DEFINITELY be done with it. "Different maybe. My natural color is a staaaark contrast to this." She said as she waved her head around, shaking her hair.

"Please--order first--I'm still undecided--" she said as she stepped back from the line and bite at her fingernails. But these decisions were IMPORTANT. If you ordered the WRONG thing--Ember would just be regretful ALLLLLLLL day about it! She couldn't have THAT! "Have you ever BEEN here before?" she asked curiously, stepping closer to the woman again. "Oh--my name's Ember, by the way! Ember--from Level Four." And she was used to, by now, getting LOOKS from people when she said was Level Four. Ember had learned to ignore them because really--it WAAS the best level, and what REALLY did they know?!

Tiffany nodded slowly as she folded one arm over the other, all the while still keeping her purse close against her stomach. She found herself glancing down at her feet for a moment, to make sure she was still in her own body. That this was still the ministry- thought the distinct look of the hidden shop was quite a contrast to the rest of the building. Just to check that this woman was... real life. ?? Never in her year working at the ministry had she ever come across someone more excited about being here. It was strange. And Tiffany wasn't sure whether she liked it or not.

Not really forever, OH THANK MERLIN!! Was she really holding that breath the entire time? Oops. She couldn't even help but break a smile at the sound of not forever. See, this is why appearance was so important. Those permanent changes, well they were a bit much. But clothes, you could change up your style whenever you want and then revert back to the old!! Logic. "A stark contrast?" Now this intrigued Tiffany in a sense. She tried to stare really hard at the roots, trying to figure it out, but nope. Hair wasn't her set of expertise. "What is your natural color?" Tiffany was always under the notion that a person looked best with their natural color, though she would be a little hypocritical, since her hair was always straightened or curled. Not-so-in a natural sense.

Order first? "Oh, alright," she took a few steps forward as the blue-haired woman took a step to the side. Of course Tiffany already knew what she wanted. She always knew what she wanted. And right as she went to order, the eccentric girl had addressed her again. Maybe she just liked the sound of her own voice or something? "No, I actually haven't," she nodded. As if she would ever be caught in here had she known what it was like on the inside. "I had only heard rumors, but I thought it was worth the trip," clearly she had been wrong. And then oh, they were doing introductions then? "It's nice to meet you," though she could never really be so sure if it was actually nice to meet her. Not yet at least, it was still too early to decide. "Ember from level..." Ew? "four," she continued trying not to show her disgust. "Four as in creatures?"

Why. Why would anyone subject themselves to that? Creatures. They were almost as bad as children. Thank Merlin they didn't have a department for those. Though, she was sure that if they did, this Ember woman would be the first to sign up. She just looked like the type. Tiffany went to extend an arm for a shake, but saw that Ember wasn't doing the same, so she retreated. Weird. Did people in four not do professionalism or something? Tiffany Price," she nodded curtly, "Minister's Office," and cue the BEAM. Everyone was always impressed with that. The Tiffany Price managed to get herself a job to work that close to the minister of magic, himself? Yeah, that's right. She did.

You are Lemon!
Old 12-03-2014, 05:13 AM   #17 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Ember took out her wand swiftly, giggling madly, and touched the top of her head with it. Her turquoise hair slowly changed from roots to the tips back to it's brunette color....and she smiled and tilted her head at the girl. "SEE? I look COMPLETELY different." She said. And she widened her eyes and pushed her head out. "And my lavender eyes---they don't look as popped out with my brown hair--" Brown. mousy. HAIR.

"SEEE? See how DIFFERENT it is?" and she did a little TWIRL for the woman to see juuuust how different she looked. So maybe it didn't look BAD but STILL.

DID SHE LIIIIIKE IT?! Ember wanted to KNOW! NOW.

"ME TOO. Rumors, yes. And Isn't it so LOVELY AND QUAINT?!" she BEAMED and gestured dramatically to the mismatched seating around them. "it quiiiite reminds me of my flat. Only messier." Despite Ember's personality, she was VERY tidy and neat at home. Having four pets did that to a person YES. "AAAND yes--Level FOUR." BEAM. "We deal with the little critters--I happen to deal with PESTS!" she could have jumped with excitement bECAUSE SHE LOOOOOVED HER JOB. OMG.

iN fact, Ember began to do jumping jacks JUUUUST to release her energy. ONE. TWO. THREE--UP DOWN, WHOOW HOOOH! "I--It--YES---PESTs--" She said in between breaths.

OOOHH. Ember kept doing her jumping jacks--ENERGY WAS STRONG UGH--"Well---TIFFANY--" heaving breathing--"IT...IS....NICE TO....MEET...YOU." Aaaaand Ember stopped and wiped her brow. "Really--really." She was still...huffy and OUT OF BREATH. "Minister's office! OH MY. You must know that big ole' meanie then--GAVIN." She smiiiiled so innocently at the mention of Gavin. HEH.

Old 12-06-2014, 05:33 AM   #18 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

SPOILER!!: SORRYFORTAKINGFOREVER
Quote:
Ember took out her wand swiftly, giggling madly, and touched the top of her head with it. Her turquoise hair slowly changed from roots to the tips back to it's brunette color....and she smiled and tilted her head at the girl. "SEE? I look COMPLETELY different." She said. And she widened her eyes and pushed her head out. "And my lavender eyes---they don't look as popped out with my brown hair--" Brown. mousy. HAIR.

"SEEE? See how DIFFERENT it is?" and she did a little TWIRL for the woman to see juuuust how different she looked. So maybe it didn't look BAD but STILL.

DID SHE LIIIIIKE IT?! Ember wanted to KNOW! NOW.

"ME TOO. Rumors, yes. And Isn't it so LOVELY AND QUAINT?!" she BEAMED and gestured dramatically to the mismatched seating around them. "it quiiiite reminds me of my flat. Only messier." Despite Ember's personality, she was VERY tidy and neat at home. Having four pets did that to a person YES. "AAAND yes--Level FOUR." BEAM. "We deal with the little critters--I happen to deal with PESTS!" she could have jumped with excitement bECAUSE SHE LOOOOOVED HER JOB. OMG.

iN fact, Ember began to do jumping jacks JUUUUST to release her energy. ONE. TWO. THREE--UP DOWN, WHOOW HOOOH! "I--It--YES---PESTs--" She said in between breaths.

OOOHH. Ember kept doing her jumping jacks--ENERGY WAS STRONG UGH--"Well---TIFFANY--" heaving breathing--"IT...IS....NICE TO....MEET...YOU." Aaaaand Ember stopped and wiped her brow. "Really--really." She was still...huffy and OUT OF BREATH. "Minister's office! OH MY. You must know that big ole' meanie then--GAVIN." She smiiiiled so innocently at the mention of Gavin. HEH.
... And she was brunette now? If she could change her hair that easily then why did she have her friend do it for her the first time? See, things like this that boggled Tiffany's mind. Ember had wasted her friend's time for a job that she could have done herself. A little inconsiderate, but uh Tiffany wasn't judging here. NOPE. She was told not to do that sort of thing so uh, here she was. Not judging. No matter how easy this woman made it. "Oooh, wow that is pretty different," she nodded absentmindedly. Come to think of it, talking to Ember was kind of like talking to a child. Ahem, but she wasn't judging. Nope. Wait, had she just said lavender eyes? The Ministry Advisor had to lean forward a little to get a good luck, but she still couldn't possibly believe that they were her natural color. "Are they contacts, then?" she asked still using her 'i'm a really friendly woman that's trying not to be judgmental' voice.

Actually, Ember, the only thing Tiffany could see was a woman twirling around a rustic coffee shop. It was quite the scene. But she nodded nonetheless. "You like like a completely different person." And she may have drawn out the syllables a little longer than normal, but ahem. Not judging.

As for the shop though, lovely and quaint. Not lovely, but "Yeah, very... quaint..." It was gross actually. Nothing like said 'lovely' like a nice hole in the wall. It also had a stench to it that she couldn't quite place, but other than that yup lovely as ever. Not. "It's-ahem-very unique? Can't say I've been to a place quite like it before," and can't say she will ever come to a place like it ever again. This was both the first and last time. OH NO, Ember lived in a place like this?! What a TRAVESTY!! Tiffany felt that one right in the heart, Ember. How unfortunate. "Oh," was just about all she could manage. Thank Merlin for rich parents and a beautiful flat.

The little critters? Sounded a lot like children. Maybe they did fall under that category. And pests too, babies were most definitely pests. Especially that weirdo- Aaron's. His child was a walking nightmare. "Pests?" HOW ABSOLUTELY AND UTTERLY, "sounds like fun," DISGUSTING. Ew. How could anyone come to work knowing they were going to work with the grossest, creepiest, crawliest creatures. "So do you like... Spray down the ministry or something?" What exactly did a pest person do?

And now she was jumping...... Yuuuup. Tiffany had made her mind. Never talking to a creatures person EVER again. Where the first level employees the only sane ones around here? "Jumping jacks? Are you trying to burn calories or something?" Because there was a time and a place for that, namely the GYM. Tiffany would know, she does that sort of thing. Anyways, she was waiting for it. Waiting for that huge lightbulb to go off. The one that said something like MINISTER'S OFFICE EMPLOYEE. or IN PRESENCE OF a VIP. Except.... She was asking about Gavin? "I-well, yes, but he's hardly a..." What did she call him? "A meanie." Merlin, she really IS a child. Maybe SHE was the pest they were dealing with. Ahem. But still not judging. "Why would you say something like that?" It was a genuine question, though Tiffany was feeling everything but genuine.

But still not judging. Ahem.

You are Lemon!
Old 12-06-2014, 05:55 PM   #19 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
Default I'msosorryAriana
A Poop * k8 *

Ember nodded and changed her hair back. "I have it dyed--like the muggle way--because it lasts longer." She had experimented before. "And the magic can wear off really quickly." YEP. So technically...if she magically had her hair brown it would...eventually turn back turquoise. She hadn't READ Tiffany's mind, but she knew it was a question that a LOT of people had.

....CONTACTS?

Ember made a little...O-shaped face and just...shook her head. "Oh no--these are my natural eyes--" she said, feeling slightly put OFF by that question. "If I do..fake eyes...I like turquoise.." Again. But no, alas, she kept her lavender eyes. "My...my great-great-great grandmother had lavender eyes." Weird thing, they were so rare. But Ember..had somehow gotten the gene. However science worked. Who knew. Not Ember.

Different person. Ember had to SMILE at this. "I try--well actually I don't, it just happens--" and she felt all NICE because Tiffany called her different. And she was so certain that she meant it in a NICE way, too, and not a MEAN way like her classmates used to say. Because adults were always nicer than KIDS right?!

Riiiiight?!?!

No. Ember KNEW this to be not true, but she still had SO much faith in her peers to be polite and nice and genuine and respectful! "Me neither! But I like it! It DOES remind me of a place back in Dublin I FOUND while out one day shopping--" Since she had to SCHOOL in Dublin and all. HEHE. "but--this is cute. I like it. I could CHILL here and do paperwork!" It would be so LOVELY and RELAXING. "And no--we don't spray down--no. We...we just go out and help people with their pests problems--like people in the community--and anyone here at the ministry, too--" she nodded and smiled. "And we don't kill them! We make sure they go to their respective habitats--save and sound and much happier than before." ANd she was STILL trying to start up this pest sanctuary funded by the Creatures department.

Aaaand since she was done her jumping jacks--YAY--and she smiled MORE. "Well--I had a LOT of energy! I had to GET IT ALL OUT before I got my COFFEE--because COFFEEEE MAKES ME MORE HYPER!" She'd be bouncing off the walls on the way back to Level Four at this point. EEE!!! "And he's MEAN because he wanted to lock me in a closet. But it's all OKAY! I've forgiven him! He's a good guy--at the CORE, probably--and of COURSE he will be getting cookies from me SOON!" She smiiiiled and finally decided what the heck she WANTED.

Old 12-10-2014, 01:35 AM   #20 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

SPOILER!!: Never apologize, she's great I'M SORRY TIFFANY IS SO MEAN
Quote:
Ember nodded and changed her hair back. "I have it dyed--like the muggle way--because it lasts longer." She had experimented before. "And the magic can wear off really quickly." YEP. So technically...if she magically had her hair brown it would...eventually turn back turquoise. She hadn't READ Tiffany's mind, but she knew it was a question that a LOT of people had.

....CONTACTS?

Ember made a little...O-shaped face and just...shook her head. "Oh no--these are my natural eyes--" she said, feeling slightly put OFF by that question. "If I do..fake eyes...I like turquoise.." Again. But no, alas, she kept her lavender eyes. "My...my great-great-great grandmother had lavender eyes." Weird thing, they were so rare. But Ember..had somehow gotten the gene. However science worked. Who knew. Not Ember.

Different person. Ember had to SMILE at this. "I try--well actually I don't, it just happens--" and she felt all NICE because Tiffany called her different. And she was so certain that she meant it in a NICE way, too, and not a MEAN way like her classmates used to say. Because adults were always nicer than KIDS right?!

Riiiiight?!?!

No. Ember KNEW this to be not true, but she still had SO much faith in her peers to be polite and nice and genuine and respectful! "Me neither! But I like it! It DOES remind me of a place back in Dublin I FOUND while out one day shopping--" Since she had to SCHOOL in Dublin and all. HEHE. "but--this is cute. I like it. I could CHILL here and do paperwork!" It would be so LOVELY and RELAXING. "And no--we don't spray down--no. We...we just go out and help people with their pests problems--like people in the community--and anyone here at the ministry, too--" she nodded and smiled. "And we don't kill them! We make sure they go to their respective habitats--save and sound and much happier than before." ANd she was STILL trying to start up this pest sanctuary funded by the Creatures department.

Aaaand since she was done her jumping jacks--YAY--and she smiled MORE. "Well--I had a LOT of energy! I had to GET IT ALL OUT before I got my COFFEE--because COFFEEEE MAKES ME MORE HYPER!" She'd be bouncing off the walls on the way back to Level Four at this point. EEE!!! "And he's MEAN because he wanted to lock me in a closet. But it's all OKAY! I've forgiven him! He's a good guy--at the CORE, probably--and of COURSE he will be getting cookies from me SOON!" She smiiiiled and finally decided what the heck she WANTED.
Oh, well that made a little sense, the whole lasting longer thing. Though, why would anyone want their hair that color for longer was the real question. It was unique and all... But.... Sometimes unique didn't mean-- wait. She wasn't going to judge. UGH. Anyways, she was nodding this ENTIRE time because she was trying to show interest. Mhm. That's how she got her job, nodding. "Oh, well I can see why you'd rather do it that way then," though Tiffany never really saw the appeal of doing things the muggle way. It just wasted precious time and that would not do because Time is money and money is fashion SO if you waste time then you might not get the best of the best. And that's all Tiffany ever got: The best. So yeah, sticking to the wizard way thank you very much. BUT she wasn't judging. Nope. "I was considering dying my hair black, actually. Maybe a bob?" Bobs were in. She would know. But it was such a drastic change sooo maybe not. Though it seemed to fit with the conversation and now that they were already conversing, she might as well contribute. Get a second opinion as if she would ever take any fashion advice from someone with bright blue hair.

And then Tiffany watched Ember's mouth go all "O" and she decided to mimic the gender because really? They were... Natural? "Oh, how... Interesting!" Interesting wasn't even the right word, it was more like weird. Lavender eyes. Lavender was a pretty color though, but for fabric. It was definitely reserved for fabric. "Why do I get the feeling that turquoise is your favorite color?" Maybe cause of her BRIGHT BLUE HAIR. Maybe.

Running a hand through her curled hair, she gave the girl a nice forced smile. She just like to go on and on, huh? But who was here to judge? Not Tiffany that's who. See??? She really was trying okay!! But ahem, anyways, Dublin? What a... quaint place. Not one of her personal favorites, but travel was travel right? "Oooh, do you like traveling!? Because I LOVE travel, especially France and Milan. I've only been to Dublin once though, it was... Nice." See the blue hair was a total turn away, but she stuck with it and look where it got her. Something they had in common. Cause Ember liked traveling, right?

And as for the pests, that was disgusting. But Tiffany was trained for this, this pretending to care when you really didn't. As an editor in-chief you had to listen to people's stupid ideas all the time and pretend to be interested. So that's what she did now. Pretend. Though pests are nasty critters so this was ew. "Oh, that sounds like lots of fun," and by 'fun' she meant 'absolutely horrible' but really same thing, right? "If there's ever a nasty bug in my office I'll know who to call," WAIT that was actually a brilliant idea. Never again would she have to deal with cockroaches ever again. HA she found her very own ghostbuster-er-cockroachbuster. Brilliant. Good things DO happen to people who don't judge.

Oh Merlin, if coffee gets her lots of energy then oh Merlin no. Please no. So instead of replying, she just returned the enthusiasm with another well placed smile. But she also had a plan so hopefully this coffee thing wouldn't work on the woman. Ahem. As for Gavin though, Tiffany could actually understand why the man would want to lock the girl up. She was just way too much for the likes of him. "Oh, well you definitely can't take that too personally, Gavin's just very.. Reserved." That was a good word for it. Reserved. Shy. Quiet. Antisocial. Take your pick really. But he was nice enough and gave her that shiny badge that one time, so not judging him for his less-than-perky demeanor.

And oh! Front of the queue then! Tiffany took two steps forward and leaned over to place her order, of course she had known what she wanted this entire time. After placing her usual, she turned around before quickly leaning in and adding a quiet "And be a dear, make this girl's a decaf." She also may have slipped a couple of extra knuts and sickles over when she payed. But ahem. Whaaaaat?

You are Lemon!
Old 07-16-2015, 06:23 AM   #21 (permalink)

DERP & DMAC
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
x3 x2
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

Olly had somehow ended up here. She'd been walking around the Ministry on her lunch break, not really hungry today. So naturally she was looking for a quiet place to just...relax until she went back to work. And now she'd found this thing. It was interesting. It seemed like the perfect.

Sipping on her water bottle, Olly explored the little...café?

There was tea and coffee so....huh. Who had come up with this? She picked up the coffee pot that still contained some dark liquid. How old was this coffee? When had it been made? Was it still good? Not that she really drank a lot of coffee. Mostly tea. She wrinkled her nose a little at the smell coming from the pot. Even though it DID smell somewhat fresh. Huh.

________________________________{Drabbles}_{Meet Lissy}_{DERP}

Last edited by Lislchen; 08-03-2015 at 10:05 AM.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:13 PM   #22 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

So uh... The proper procedure is to apologize right after being horribly rude to a person, right? Not like an hour afterwards? .... Because Tiffany definitely missed the mark. Also, she didn't ever apologize so why was this a concern in the first place? Oh yeah, it wasn't. Hopefully those blokes weren't anyone of utmost importance. Shame they had gotten in her way before she had gotten her caffeine fix. Also shame that she had run out of her own specialty blend at home.

Clearly this day was meant to be a disaster from the start.

Her Jimmy Choos were STILL missing. Her bedazzled headband was broken beyond repair. She was forced to wear her Saturday outfit because her skirt hadn't arrived yet. What a horrible day.

She was in need of major retail therapy. But instead she'd start with a latte. It better be good. The last time she ordered one here there was far too much sweetener and hardly enough foam. Tiffany Price had standards, okay?

You are Lemon!
Old 09-23-2015, 11:36 PM   #23 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Something floating along on the air had caught Adam's attention. He sniffed and sniffed his way along the corridor trying to figure out what it was. It wasn't a strong smell and he doubted many others could smell it, but Adam had, among other things, a talented nose. A left turn, a flight of stairs downward, two more lefts and then finally a right at the end of a long hallway brought Adam to the source of the smell. He doubted, however, that he would find his way back to the ominous black door that led to his department.

The place looked relatively empty. A few cauldrons bubbled along a wall - the source of the burnt odd smell he had been following. He stood there, arms crossing his chest as he contemplated what the place could be. Was it a potion brewing station? Although whatever the concoction was, it smelled a bit like over boiled and burnt coffee and - stale water....
Old 09-24-2015, 02:20 AM   #24 (permalink)

DoM
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alissa Rhodes
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Indigo Rousseau
Mysteries
x8
not throwing away my shot | Slytherpuff | roll for initiative | woof you ❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Something floating along on the air had caught Adam's attention. He sniffed and sniffed his way along the corridor trying to figure out what it was. It wasn't a strong smell and he doubted many others could smell it, but Adam had, among other things, a talented nose. A left turn, a flight of stairs downward, two more lefts and then finally a right at the end of a long hallway brought Adam to the source of the smell. He doubted, however, that he would find his way back to the ominous black door that led to his department.

The place looked relatively empty. A few cauldrons bubbled along a wall - the source of the burnt odd smell he had been following. He stood there, arms crossing his chest as he contemplated what the place could be. Was it a potion brewing station? Although whatever the concoction was, it smelled a bit like over boiled and burnt coffee and - stale water....
Sure, Cassie could have just made some coffee from the comfort of her own office, but she needed to get away. Off of the entire level, even. It would clear her head. Sometimes it was hard to stay in the same place, considering the same things, all day every day. She wanted some coffee.

This was not the best place in the ministry to get coffee, but it would do. When she left her office, she'd started walking down and hadn't stopped until now. At least there was coffee, a single pot boiling. She didn't know exactly how long it had been there, but she could always fix it with magic if it was too cold or tasted too old. Cassie conjured her mug and filled it with the coffee and took a hesitant sip. It wasn't too bad.

It was then that she actually turned her attention to her surroundings. There was a young man standing nearby, looking apprehensive about the coffee. She offered him a hesitant smile. "It's not poisoned." The young woman took another sip to prove it. She wasn't dead.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:43 PM   #25 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledhampir View Post
Sure, Cassie could have just made some coffee from the comfort of her own office, but she needed to get away. Off of the entire level, even. It would clear her head. Sometimes it was hard to stay in the same place, considering the same things, all day every day. She wanted some coffee.

This was not the best place in the ministry to get coffee, but it would do. When she left her office, she'd started walking down and hadn't stopped until now. At least there was coffee, a single pot boiling. She didn't know exactly how long it had been there, but she could always fix it with magic if it was too cold or tasted too old. Cassie conjured her mug and filled it with the coffee and took a hesitant sip. It wasn't too bad.

It was then that she actually turned her attention to her surroundings. There was a young man standing nearby, looking apprehensive about the coffee. She offered him a hesitant smile. "It's not poisoned." The young woman took another sip to prove it. She wasn't dead.
Adam suddenly wished he had kept his lab coat on. There was no telling what would splurt out of those cauldrons and he had worn his favorite shirt today. The thought made him wonder if he was beginning to spend too much time with his new co-worker Hazel. He pulled his arms a little tighter against his chest as he mentally weighed the consequences of imbibing whatever was bubbling away in those cauldrons.

A girl walked past him and for a brief moment the stinky odd smell was replaced with the sweet, slightly spicy smell of female perfume. He opened his lips to warn her, but before he could speak the woman conjured a mug and helped herself to a cup of coffee. “Errgg…” he vocalized still wondering about the safety of drinking the concoction. Had the cauldrons been cleaned thoroughly? What has been brewed in them before the coffee or water? Was the water fresh? Adam wasn’t mysophobic, he was just a potioneer who knew how necessary cleanliness was for proper potion brewing and cooking. Even the smallest trace of the previous potion could ruin the next. He’d learned that the hard way by having a potion explode and take off his eyebrows at the age of 14.

“Vhat,” he asked in his heavy German-accented English. “Dis Dat?” He motioned to her cup with his left hand as he hesitantly stepped over the threshold as if he was a vampire who had been waiting for an invitation into someone’s home. His nose wrinkled whilst he edged closer because the smell became thicker, heftier, more concentrated. The girl answered and Adam shook his head with a smile. “Yust (Just) because some ting is no poison, does not make it safe.” He half expected her to sprout butterfly wings from her forehead, because he was pretty certain he smelled tincture of silkmoss under the burnt coffee smell.