sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1171 users online including...
Kevinmit , KeithZinue , ramsspeelay , Anthonydyday

5 members
1166 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 53: September - December 2019

Term 53: September - December 2019 Term Fifty-Three: When In France (Sept 2099 - June 2100)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 09-15-2019, 02:26 AM

Default Charms Lesson 1

It was a mild October day in France when Piers opened up the doors to the Charms classroom. The sun was out, but it was a little deceiving as it wasn't very warm outside. Thankfully the room had a bit of a warming charm in it so the students would stay warm - but not warm enough that tempted one to take a nap.

Keeping the doors open, Piers made his way to the front of the room and stood in front of his desk. He leaned against the desk, crossed his ankles, stuck his hands in his pockets and waited for the students to arrive.

By the way, you'll notice that there aren't any desks in the classroom today. There are, however, large bullseye targets painted onto the ceiling. So, feel free to just... stand there until class starts.

OOC: Welcome to Charms class! Although this is the first lesson for YOU, please note that it is October in the RP, so this isn't the first lesson for your students. Make sure you read the Charms Classroom Rules!

Class Progression:
- Greetings and Question 1
- Replies and Question 2
- Replies and Mini Activity
Old 09-22-2019, 12:04 AM   #76 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

WAIT. "We're magically throwing darts up into the air? I mean... they're pointy on the end." Phoebe hadn't even been able to get her bean bag into the air, and that would break a nose if it hit someone coming down on the flip side. A pointy dart could take out an eye.

BUT GRYFFINDORS ARE RIDE OR DIE. "Get that dart right in the center, Cece. I'm going to rely on your extra special strength to help us win." Personally, Phoebe wasn't sure she could even get a dart in the air, but whatever. "Alarate Ascendare." Her dart flipped over. "OH COME ON, YOU POINTED JERK."

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Old 09-22-2019, 10:36 AM   #77 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Jobberknoll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eron Rutherford
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jonathan Kim
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Kiko Koline
Law Enforcement
x4 x2
♣ Heejin here | Did somebody say coffee & cakes? | cat lover ♣

SPOILER!!: catching up part. T^T

Jillian attentively watched the professor do the spell. It was pretty easy and quite basic but as far as Jillian knows, sometimes it is never THAT easy. So she hopes, that just like the professor, she will be able to cast this spell smoothly. With his instructions, she stood next to a couple of student awaiting for the beanbag to be distributed for them to practice.

Drawing her wand out she positioned herself and took a deep breath. Planting both feet on the ground and making sure she is focused once the beanbag laid in front of her. Some of the students already started and she's just as dedicated as them. Moving her wand and pointing towards the beanbag "Alarte Ascendare" she said in a rather loud voice, enunciating as this was important.

Of course the beanbag shot upwards and she was definitely happy with the results. Okay, good job Jillian. She smiled, she's more excited with what's to come next which she is sure that the targets above will be of use.

She lowered her wand when the professor started talking. Darts. They will be using darts and hit the targets on the ceiling. Isn't that.... well, uhmmm..... dangerous? Her eyes carefully watched as darts were set for each of them. Could be fun.

Obviously, the beanbag was a lot easier compared to the darts, she'd be lucky if she hit at least one target. AT LEAST ONE. She should try her best with this one. Focusing once more, she eyed the dart carefully, positioning her wand eye level. It was easier to aim at it that way.

She took a deep breath, much deeper than earlier.
Welp. Here goes nothing.

"Alarte Ascendare" she said together with the wand movement. Once again the dart did shoot upwards however it wasn't enough to hit the target. Oh my. Jillian watched it descend and crash to the ground making a sour face at the failed attempt.

This might take the entire day.

Again.

Old 09-22-2019, 05:49 PM   #78 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

“Maybe he doesn’t have one?’’ Claudine suggested, speaking as though Blake weren’t there. But she liked Bernie; she wasn’t afraid to be wild, that Gryffindor. She watched the apple head for Blake and thought that Blake stood a very great chance of it smacking him gloriously if it hadn’t been for Bernie.

But then, Claudine too was distracted for her Head of House was handing out a box of darts to each group. “He trusts us with these?’’ she asked in disbelief. “Who knows what mischief we could get up to?’’ A smirk was thrown in Blake’s direction but it meant nothing; he earlier threat would be enough to keep the boy from squealing on them. Well, it should be... for his sake.

“I’ll go first.’’ Claudine took a dart. “Alarte Ascendare.’’ She focused as the wand movement was done, for a moment it was all concentration on the dart, then the target. What happened was that her dart made it to the target but it was far, very far from the center where the bulls-eye would be.

It just stuck pitifully there...

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 09-22-2019, 11:01 PM   #79 (permalink)

DERP & DMLE

Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Everleigh Evans
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luca Benetti
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina

x12 x7
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

"Pointy so they can stay on the target," Cecelia pointed out helpfully. Pointy wasn't SO bad, not if they tried REAL hard to keep their darts aimed towards the ceiling. WHAT COULD GO WRONG?!

^___^

"I'll do my best!" She always did, even when she was pretty sure she wasn't going to be any good at something. She liked thinking that THIS could be her moment to really impress her friends, though. Her professor, too!

Setting a dart down on the floor, pointy part facing UPWARDS, Cecelia gave a little wiggle of excitement. "Okay, let's get some points!" That dart was going up. It was going. It just needed a little extra OOOMPH... "Alarte Ascendare!"

She watched as the dart DID go up, but ONLY as high as her shoulder, which wasn't SO high 'cause she was ONLY a first year, before falling BACK to the floor. She frowned a bit, bending to right the thing again, disappointed but NOT discouraged. She was meant to be carrying her team! "What are we doing wrong, you think?"
Old 09-22-2019, 11:36 PM   #80 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

"What if I hold your dart and you make it shoot out of my hand? Then you start it a couple feet off the ground. Or is that cheating?" Wasn't it cheating to make a team of baby Hogwartians who didnt know any magic work alone? So what was a few feet?

In the meantime, she was going to try the spell again. "Alarte Ascendare." Phoebe caught her breath, hoping her dart would do its thing. Anything, really, other than flipping over. She could have cried when the dart actually rose half a foot in the air. POWERFUL WITCCCCCCH.

"Here, Cece, I'll hold a dart for you."

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Old 09-23-2019, 01:37 AM   #81 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMC & DMAC
Pogrebin

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alexander River Hirsch
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
--

Ministry RPG Name:
Zhuó Xiá Li

Ministry RPG Name:
Grayson Douglas Whitlock
Accidents & Catastrophes

x11 x11
urine trouble | Pat's Strong Confident Other Half | Pees Like a Champion Unicorn Racehorse

Text Cut: wheeee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
Fiona nodded and said, "Yeah, I'll give it a try." She pointed her wand at the nearest beanbag and as she flicked her wand upwards said clearly, "Alarate Ascendare!" The beanbag flew halfway up into the air before landing back down with a fair bit of force. Fiona sighed. At least she managed to get it up in the air.

Up, up, up went the beanbag......... and down again.

Lucas offered the Slytherin a smile. One that he tried, really tried, to make genuine but might look awkward all the same. "That was great! That went really far, you know," he said in what he hoped was a happy tone. That sigh hadn’t gone unnoticed, after all.

He only really turned away when the Professor started speaking so he turned to him, instead, as he started to explain the activity. Aaaaaaaand, there was that uncomfortable feeling again. But he wasn’t uncomfortable because of what the activity was about. No no no! This time, he was uncomfortable because he had been sure - so sure! - that this was going to be an activity that would only make him anxious. Something he wouldn’t like at all. And now, they just had to throw darts at a target. That was it.

Was stupid his middle name?

The fourth year grabbed the box that was levitated towards them and set it down on the floor. From it, he grabbed a single dart and held it up in front of him, almost as if he was examining it. "Anyone good at the muggle game darts?" Or aiming? Yes? No? Because both would come in very handy right about now.

Although, darts always seemed like an old person game but...... he wasn’t going to say that.

"I guess I’ll go first?" He didn’t want to. Really. This was much worse than beanbags because these were actually sharp. But he didn’t want the girls to know that so he was...... going to pretend he knew what he was doing. Yeah. Look, he was lining the dart up with the target! He was practically a pro! ...... Right?

"Alarte Ascendare!" The result? The dart flew up with a WHOOSH, causing Lucas to blink in surprise. Was it going to make it? Was he going to get a BULLSEYE??

........... No. The dart curved halfway up and landed on the very edge of the target.

Uh???
Old 09-23-2019, 03:36 AM   #82 (permalink)

DMT & DMLE
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Avalon Sinclair
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Japser Cohen
Magical Creatures

Avalon couldn't help but smile as Lucas's dart hit the edge of the target. "Right on!" she exclaimed, offering her hand up for a high-five. She wasn't expecting any of them to even come close to the target the first time, so it was safe to say that she was satisfied. "I guess I'll go next," she said hesitantly, grabbing a dart from the box and placing it in front of her on the floor. But how was she supposed to send it up in a way that the pointy part faced the target? Was it all just in the wrist movement?

Well, here goes nothing, she thought as she aimed her wand. "Alarte Ascendare!" She flicked her wrist as she spoke the incantation. Much to Avalon's surprise, the dart soared into the air and landed near the edge of the target as well, but on the opposite side from Lucas's. At least this one made it farther off the ground, unlike her beanbag. "Your turn, Fiona!"
Old 09-23-2019, 05:16 PM   #83 (permalink)
Slytherin

MO & DoM
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maxine R. Bixby
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alba Johnston
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Dottie Crest
Mysteries
#heartsforhealthcare | Disney princess

SPOILER!!: sorry for the delay!!! but totally loving this
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Claudine stared in amazement. How was it that this first year had already almost master the spell? The beanbag she herself had attempted to direct to the target hadn’t gotten as far as she would have liked. Anyway, there was an apple being held out to her. One of her eyebrows arched. “Why do I have to go first when you’re the one who suggested we try something else?” But a coward she was not. A quick look was shot towards her Head of House before she snagged the apple. She shook her head at Blake. “Rat us out and I will turn you into a frog,’’ she muttered quietly to him.

With great subtly, Claudine murmured the incantation. With as much concentration as could be mustered, the girl focused. She was rewarded with the apple shooting towards the target. The fruit seemed to shine on its way up. Was it that well polished? It was quite rewarding to see but you know what was not? When the apple began zoom back down…

… directly for Blake’s head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
SPOILER!!: Blake & Claudine - one of you decide the fate of the apple! hehe

No need to try?! "Oh Blaaaaaaaaaaaake," Bernadette dragged his name out with a sigh at the end of it. "Where's your sense of adventure?" She shook her head with a knowing smirk, which was aimed for Claudine, who was CLEARLY more Gryffindor than Slytherin in this instance. Bernie heard the thinly veiled threat Claudine murmured to her housemate, and she LIKED IT. Her smile only widened.

She WOULD go first, but Bernie knew Claudine was up to the challenge, see. There she went, zooooooooooming the apple up, up, UP, UP! Oooh, almost to the target! Anddddddddd here it came down again, picking up speed as it dropped toward Blake's head.

"Watch out," she muttered, giving him a playful but forceful shove out of the way of the apple. Hopefully it would hit the ground and SPLATTER! Which would look SO COOL!

Bernie took her eyes off the apple for a second because the professor was talking, and TOTALLY not noticing them, and he was telling them to use DARTS! HUZZAH! She caught the box that was floating toward them and turned back to her group.

"LOOK, Blake, DARTS!" Darts which were sharp and pointy and WAY more dangerous than mere APPLES!

Looking at Claudine he replied. "I'm no rat!", he felt a little offended at this, I mean.. yeah he was snake according to the sorting hat .... but no rate. Then Blake felt a slight shove lost his balance, fell hard on his butt onto the ground and the apple turned straight into apple sauce between his legs, splattering his face with apple. "HEYY!!!!!" He shouted louder than intended. Returning his voice to normal level he turned his eye back to Bernadette "Are you out of your mind!! That could have hit me in the head!" He stood up rubbing his rump a little. No major damage other than a bruised ego.

And then she had darts... Blake's face was drained of all color. "I'm out ... you nearly killed me with that stupid apple... I will not stand here and have you launch darts at me ... nope." Blake made toward his back pack... stood for a moment, turned around and pointed his wand at one off the darts. Blake hoped is anger would help and not make him look dumb. "Alarte Ascendare" He spoke firming and confidentiality and watched as the dart soared and stuck straight into the target on the ceiling ... not a bulls eye ... but good enough. Feeling a little smug he turned toward the girls again.

You are Honey!
Old 09-23-2019, 08:54 PM   #84 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

SPOILER!!: bahahahapartners
Quote:
“Maybe he doesn’t have one?’’ Claudine suggested, speaking as though Blake weren’t there. But she liked Bernie; she wasn’t afraid to be wild, that Gryffindor. She watched the apple head for Blake and thought that Blake stood a very great chance of it smacking him gloriously if it hadn’t been for Bernie.

But then, Claudine too was distracted for her Head of House was handing out a box of darts to each group. “He trusts us with these?’’ she asked in disbelief. “Who knows what mischief we could get up to?’’ A smirk was thrown in Blake’s direction but it meant nothing; he earlier threat would be enough to keep the boy from squealing on them. Well, it should be... for his sake.

“I’ll go first.’’ Claudine took a dart. “Alarte Ascendare.’’ She focused as the wand movement was done, for a moment it was all concentration on the dart, then the target. What happened was that her dart made it to the target but it was far, very far from the center where the bulls-eye would be.

It just stuck pitifully there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by love-for-HP View Post
SPOILER!!: sorry for the delay!!! but totally loving this

Looking at Claudine he replied. "I'm no rat!", he felt a little offended at this, I mean.. yeah he was snake according to the sorting hat .... but no rate. Then Blake felt a slight shove lost his balance, fell hard on his butt onto the ground and the apple turned straight into apple sauce between his legs, splattering his face with apple. "HEYY!!!!!" He shouted louder than intended. Returning his voice to normal level he turned his eye back to Bernadette "Are you out of your mind!! That could have hit me in the head!" He stood up rubbing his rump a little. No major damage other than a bruised ego.

And then she had darts... Blake's face was drained of all color. "I'm out ... you nearly killed me with that stupid apple... I will not stand here and have you launch darts at me ... nope." Blake made toward his back pack... stood for a moment, turned around and pointed his wand at one off the darts. Blake hoped is anger would help and not make him look dumb. "Alarte Ascendare" He spoke firming and confidentiality and watched as the dart soared and stuck straight into the target on the ceiling ... not a bulls eye ... but good enough. Feeling a little smug he turned toward the girls again.

Ooooh, shots fired! Bernie's smile was certainly looking more like a smirk as Claudine had firmly joined her camp. "Right?" She replied to the courageous Slytherin, side-eying Blake just a little as they carried on without his support. "This could DEFINITELY be fun." And dangerous. But what was fun without a little danger, huh? This was CHARMS CLASS, not Child's Play 101.

She watched in appreciation as Claudine sent a dart straight up in the air. "Niiiiiiiice," Bernie cheered her on. Oh, NOW the boy-who-cried-professor wanted to speak to them? She shifted her eyes from the ceiling to his position on the floor as he shouted at them. "Posh tosh, you're fine." Bernadette would have offered him a hand up, but he erm, had apple on his face, and REALLY didn't look happy about it. Plus he got up too quickly for her to react, really. "Anyone know the vanishing charm?" she joked, eying the floor applesauce that could become QUITE slippery...

Eh, not her problem. The apple fell on Blake, so he had to clean that up. And look at him now, being a big B A B Y about the applesauce. She shrugged as he pretended to storm off, grabbing a dart for herself and preparing to launch it toward the ceiling. She looked up at her intended target just in time to see Blake successfully stick one in. "Well well... look who decided to join our group, Claudine? Guess we're not so far out of our mind after all..."

And now it was her turn. "Alarte Ascendare," she cast confidently, imagining the dart sticking into the ceiling as she cast it. Bernie watched as it successfully followed the path she had envisioned, zooming up... up... UP! And STRAIGHT into the middle of Blake's dart, essentially splitting his in half. "Bahahaha," the Gryffindor laughed and pointed. "Look, Blake, how's THAT for adventure?!" She was Robin Hood and he was the Sheriff of Sherwood, for sure.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
Old 09-23-2019, 10:54 PM   #85 (permalink)

DERP & DMLE

Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Everleigh Evans
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luca Benetti
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina

x12 x7
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

Cecelia thought a LOT about the possibility of being a cheater and she didn't really like the idea. She could do the spell just fine without Phoebe holding the dart for her, she just needed a little TIME, was all.

Only THEN Phoebe WAS offering to hold the dart again and the blonde shuffled from one foot to the other before deciding that no, she didn't need help. "Just 'cause we're first years doesn't mean we can't do this. Bet there are a BUNCHA firsties throughout history that impressed professors. You don't have to hold it." No thank you.

"Alarte Ascendare." The dart wiggled and fell over, but that wasn't what she'd been hoping for and NOW she was feeling the pressure. Come on, mean dart. "One more try." She righted the dart and then... "Alarte Ascendare!" Annnnnnd it was going! "It's going!" Up, up, and awaaaaaay! !!!

The dart hit the VERY edge of the target, like not even CLOSE to the bullseye, but it was a START!

Or it would've been if had stuck ON to the edge of the target, which it did NOT. "Look out!" It was coming back their way! EEP!

Old 09-23-2019, 11:14 PM   #86 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12
Default Bernie and Blake! ^_^

So, the apple missed Blake’s head thanks to Bernie. That did not save her from being also splattered with bits of apple moments later. More precisely, her robes were. “She was just trying to save you,’’ Claudine explained with a roll of her eyes. “You should be thanking her.’’ She flicked apple off of her robes then she was blinking at him in bewilderment and astonishment. “Neither of us are going to kill you with darts. Speaking for myself, I’m not evil to that extent.’’ Claudine did not think she liked Blake much; he needed to grow up and live a little. As for Bernie… she wasn’t bad. The Snakette actually gave the Lioness a huge grin which only faltered when she saw what Bernie had done to Blake’s dart. “Did you do that on purpose?’’ If so… Wow. Just wow.

Claudine took another dart and this time, aimed to actually at least get close to the bullseye. “Alarte Ascendare.’’ Up, up and away went the dart, zooming, zooming after the wand movement was done. The tip stuck into the target sharply. “Improvement,’’ the girl muttered to herself. It hadn’t hit the bullseye but had become impaled beside Blake’s and Bernie’s.

Old 09-23-2019, 11:59 PM   #87 (permalink)

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Regulus Prince
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

Darts. A classroom full of people, a huge number of which were first years, who had just learned the Ascension Charm. Targets on the ceiling. What could possibly go wrong?

Taking hold of the levitated box when it reached his... group? pair? whichever... Kaiser gave it a little shake and eyed the contents. Yes, definitely sharp, pointy darts. Sharp and pointy enough to stick into a target, at least, which mean sharp and pointy enough to skewer skin. Or eyes. He was starting to wish he knew how to conjure a pair of safety goggles. Was there an equivalent to the Impervius Charm that protected against solid objects?

... He supposed he'd never know. Instead of asking Fuller-Thompson if such a thing existed, Kaiser held the box out towards Nettie so she could take a dart or two, took a few for himself, and set the box on the floor.

"Have you ever played with darts?" he asked his partner, looking doubtfully up at the target on the ceiling. He had... sort of. When he was a lot younger, some kids had found a discarded dartboard. And some darts to go with it as well, but there had only been three of those, and none in good shape. Two of them had had some of the sticking out parts at the end snapped off and the last had had a bent pointy bit. He supposed it didn't really matter; even if he'd played it properly before, this activity was very different. Aiming a dart with a spell was likely to be an entirely different experience than aiming while throwing.

Well, he supposed he should... try. Kaiser got the dart set up and aimed his wand at it. This time he'd try to put some oomph behind the spell, as he didn't want it not quite reaching and falling back down and straight into his eye.

"Alarte Ascendare!" Flick.

Woah. Okay. So the darts went up a lot easier than the beanbags, huh? Maybe because they were ~streamlined~. Noted. Kaiser watched as his dart suddenly shot upwards, and...

... jammed itself into the space between ceiling and target. Well.

He supposed he'd try to remember to aim next time, though how he would do that, he had no idea.

You are Chocolate!
Old 09-24-2019, 01:58 AM   #88 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
Default hi I'm here so sorry I've been crazy busy ;_____;
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
Darts. A classroom full of people, a huge number of which were first years, who had just learned the Ascension Charm. Targets on the ceiling. What could possibly go wrong?

Taking hold of the levitated box when it reached his... group? pair? whichever... Kaiser gave it a little shake and eyed the contents. Yes, definitely sharp, pointy darts. Sharp and pointy enough to stick into a target, at least, which mean sharp and pointy enough to skewer skin. Or eyes. He was starting to wish he knew how to conjure a pair of safety goggles. Was there an equivalent to the Impervius Charm that protected against solid objects?

... He supposed he'd never know. Instead of asking Fuller-Thompson if such a thing existed, Kaiser held the box out towards Nettie so she could take a dart or two, took a few for himself, and set the box on the floor.

"Have you ever played with darts?" he asked his partner, looking doubtfully up at the target on the ceiling. He had... sort of. When he was a lot younger, some kids had found a discarded dartboard. And some darts to go with it as well, but there had only been three of those, and none in good shape. Two of them had had some of the sticking out parts at the end snapped off and the last had had a bent pointy bit. He supposed it didn't really matter; even if he'd played it properly before, this activity was very different. Aiming a dart with a spell was likely to be an entirely different experience than aiming while throwing.

Well, he supposed he should... try. Kaiser got the dart set up and aimed his wand at it. This time he'd try to put some oomph behind the spell, as he didn't want it not quite reaching and falling back down and straight into his eye.

"Alarte Ascendare!" Flick.

Woah. Okay. So the darts went up a lot easier than the beanbags, huh? Maybe because they were ~streamlined~. Noted. Kaiser watched as his dart suddenly shot upwards, and...

... jammed itself into the space between ceiling and target. Well.

He supposed he'd try to remember to aim next time, though how he would do that, he had no idea.
Nettie paused as she listened to Fuller-Thompson explain the next bit of the activity, feeling a bit nervous as he explained they were moving on to darts. Pointy darts? With THESE kids? Oh Merlin. "Um, no...never had the desire to...this doesn't seem like the...wisest move," she grumbled at Kaiser with a small frown. She hoped Healer Beryl wasn't teaching a class right now...

She stepped back as he got right to it, sending a dart up into the air with ease. She watched and took note of how the dart seemed to shoot up towards the ceiling a lot faster than the beanbag had...good to know. That meant she didn't have to strong arm it too much to get it to stick...

Oh. He seemed to have gotten it stuck. She smiled a little and chuckled at him.

"Nice try!" she told him, trying to be supportive before grabbing a dart herself and preparing to fire it. She took a few steps back from Kaiser - JUUUUUST to be safe, no one needed to lose an eye today - and pointed her wand at it. "Alarte Ascendare!" she exclaimed as she flicked her wand upwards towards the ceiling.

It hit the VERRRRY edge of the target she had been aiming for, BARELY sticking in the target. For a moment she half expected it to fall right out and land back at her feet...but nope, it stayed still, right along the edge of the target.

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Old 09-24-2019, 03:48 AM   #89 (permalink)

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5
Oh, how we drift away from our friends. And the ones back home play remember when

Text Cut: Lucas
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionesclone View Post

Up, up, up went the beanbag......... and down again.

Lucas offered the Slytherin a smile. One that he tried, really tried, to make genuine but might look awkward all the same. "That was great! That went really far, you know," he said in what he hoped was a happy tone. That sigh hadn’t gone unnoticed, after all.

He only really turned away when the Professor started speaking so he turned to him, instead, as he started to explain the activity. Aaaaaaaand, there was that uncomfortable feeling again. But he wasn’t uncomfortable because of what the activity was about. No no no! This time, he was uncomfortable because he had been sure - so sure! - that this was going to be an activity that would only make him anxious. Something he wouldn’t like at all. And now, they just had to throw darts at a target. That was it.

Was stupid his middle name?

The fourth year grabbed the box that was levitated towards them and set it down on the floor. From it, he grabbed a single dart and held it up in front of him, almost as if he was examining it. "Anyone good at the muggle game darts?" Or aiming? Yes? No? Because both would come in very handy right about now.

Although, darts always seemed like an old person game but...... he wasn’t going to say that.

"I guess I’ll go first?" He didn’t want to. Really. This was much worse than beanbags because these were actually sharp. But he didn’t want the girls to know that so he was...... going to pretend he knew what he was doing. Yeah. Look, he was lining the dart up with the target! He was practically a pro! ...... Right?

"Alarte Ascendare!" The result? The dart flew up with a WHOOSH, causing Lucas to blink in surprise. Was it going to make it? Was he going to get a BULLSEYE??

........... No. The dart curved halfway up and landed on the very edge of the target.

Uh???

Fiona wasn't a fool. She knew that Lucas' smile wasn't 100% genuine but she appreciated the fact that he made an effort in making her feel good about herself. "Er...thanks, Lucas."

Fiona watched as Lucas magically threw one of the darts which landed on the edge of the target. "Not bad. It hit near the target."

Text Cut: Avalon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireheart View Post
Avalon couldn't help but smile as Lucas's dart hit the edge of the target. "Right on!" she exclaimed, offering her hand up for a high-five. She wasn't expecting any of them to even come close to the target the first time, so it was safe to say that she was satisfied. "I guess I'll go next," she said hesitantly, grabbing a dart from the box and placing it in front of her on the floor. But how was she supposed to send it up in a way that the pointy part faced the target? Was it all just in the wrist movement?

Well, here goes nothing, she thought as she aimed her wand. "Alarte Ascendare!" She flicked her wrist as she spoke the incantation. Much to Avalon's surprise, the dart soared into the air and landed near the edge of the target as well, but on the opposite side from Lucas's. At least this one made it farther off the ground, unlike her beanbag. "Your turn, Fiona!"

Fiona watched as Avalon's dart landed opposite Lucas's. "Wow! Good job." Fiona grabbed a dart and as she placed it on the floor in front of her, she focused on the target. She pointed her wand at the dart, flicked her wrist and said, "Alarate Ascendare!" The dart shot up into the air and landed very close to the bullseye. Fiona beamed.
Old 09-24-2019, 01:02 PM   #90 (permalink)
Slytherin

MO & DoM
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maxine R. Bixby
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alba Johnston
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Dottie Crest
Mysteries

SPOILER!!: Robin hood bahahahah
Quote:
SPOILER!!: bahahahapartners

Ooooh, shots fired! Bernie's smile was certainly looking more like a smirk as Claudine had firmly joined her camp. "Right?" She replied to the courageous Slytherin, side-eying Blake just a little as they carried on without his support. "This could DEFINITELY be fun." And dangerous. But what was fun without a little danger, huh? This was CHARMS CLASS, not Child's Play 101.

She watched in appreciation as Claudine sent a dart straight up in the air. "Niiiiiiiice," Bernie cheered her on. Oh, NOW the boy-who-cried-professor wanted to speak to them? She shifted her eyes from the ceiling to his position on the floor as he shouted at them. "Posh tosh, you're fine." Bernadette would have offered him a hand up, but he erm, had apple on his face, and REALLY didn't look happy about it. Plus he got up too quickly for her to react, really. "Anyone know the vanishing charm?" she joked, eying the floor applesauce that could become QUITE slippery...

Eh, not her problem. The apple fell on Blake, so he had to clean that up. And look at him now, being a big B A B Y about the applesauce. She shrugged as he pretended to storm off, grabbing a dart for herself and preparing to launch it toward the ceiling. She looked up at her intended target just in time to see Blake successfully stick one in. "Well well... look who decided to join our group, Claudine? Guess we're not so far out of our mind after all..."

And now it was her turn. "Alarte Ascendare," she cast confidently, imagining the dart sticking into the ceiling as she cast it. Bernie watched as it successfully followed the path she had envisioned, zooming up... up... UP! And STRAIGHT into the middle of Blake's dart, essentially splitting his in half. "Bahahaha," the Gryffindor laughed and pointed. "Look, Blake, how's THAT for adventure?!" She was Robin Hood and he was the Sheriff of Sherwood, for sure.
Quote:
So, the apple missed Blake’s head thanks to Bernie. That did not save her from being also splattered with bits of apple moments later. More precisely, her robes were. “She was just trying to save you,’’ Claudine explained with a roll of her eyes. “You should be thanking her.’’ She flicked apple off of her robes then she was blinking at him in bewilderment and astonishment. “Neither of us are going to kill you with darts. Speaking for myself, I’m not evil to that extent.’’ Claudine did not think she liked Blake much; he needed to grow up and live a little. As for Bernie… she wasn’t bad. The Snakette actually gave the Lioness a huge grin which only faltered when she saw what Bernie had done to Blake’s dart. “Did you do that on purpose?’’ If so… Wow. Just wow.

Claudine took another dart and this time, aimed to actually at least get close to the bullseye. “Alarte Ascendare.’’ Up, up and away went the dart, zooming, zooming after the wand movement was done. The tip stuck into the target sharply. “Improvement,’’ the girl muttered to herself. It hadn’t hit the bullseye but had become impaled beside Blake’s and Bernie’s.

Blake stood looking at the girls .... this entire day was a complete disaster ... he was covered in applesauce, partners with 2 girls he didn't really care much for, and they were ganging up on him.... ugh. Even in his head he sounded like a whiny first year ... and boys weren't suppose to whine, but he hated everything about what was happening right now. "I wouldn't have needed to be 'saved from an apple if you two hadn't sent it soaring in the first place." He added. Thanking them?? Not on their life.

Then Blake watched as Bernadette's dart went up. "Nice shot." He added looking dumbfounded at the split dart. "I didn't know that could happen in real life." He could have sworn that that myth had been busted a long time ago, but then again he wasn't in the muggle world anymore.

Blake watched as Claudine sent her dart flying and it stuck as well. "Well at least we all managed to get one to stick." He added, he thought maybe he could forgive the apple thing .. but he wasn't cleaning it up that's for sure.

You are Honey!
Old 09-24-2019, 08:02 PM   #91 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1
Default time to wrap it up!
Sardines ♥ BHB ♥ Dallie ♥ Grumpy ♥ MY SUN AND STARS ♥ i love julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
WAIT. "We're magically throwing darts up into the air? I mean... they're pointy on the end." Phoebe hadn't even been able to get her bean bag into the air, and that would break a nose if it hit someone coming down on the flip side. A pointy dart could take out an eye.

BUT GRYFFINDORS ARE RIDE OR DIE. "Get that dart right in the center, Cece. I'm going to rely on your extra special strength to help us win." Personally, Phoebe wasn't sure she could even get a dart in the air, but whatever. "Alarate Ascendare." Her dart flipped over. "OH COME ON, YOU POINTED JERK."
Uh... yeah. Was she complaining? Was she even talking to him? If she got stabbed with her own dart, that was kind of her own fault. He was just here to make sure people LEARNED stuff and didn't die.

SPOILER!!: Bernadette and the Apple Shenanigans
Quote:
No need to try?! "Oh Blaaaaaaaaaaaake," Bernadette dragged his name out with a sigh at the end of it. "Where's your sense of adventure?" She shook her head with a knowing smirk, which was aimed for Claudine, who was CLEARLY more Gryffindor than Slytherin in this instance. Bernie heard the thinly veiled threat Claudine murmured to her housemate, and she LIKED IT. Her smile only widened.

She WOULD go first, but Bernie knew Claudine was up to the challenge, see. There she went, zooooooooooming the apple up, up, UP, UP! Oooh, almost to the target! Anddddddddd here it came down again, picking up speed as it dropped toward Blake's head.

"Watch out," she muttered, giving him a playful but forceful shove out of the way of the apple. Hopefully it would hit the ground and SPLATTER! Which would look SO COOL!

Bernie took her eyes off the apple for a second because the professor was talking, and TOTALLY not noticing them, and he was telling them to use DARTS! HUZZAH! She caught the box that was floating toward them and turned back to her group.

"LOOK, Blake, DARTS!" Darts which were sharp and pointy and WAY more dangerous than mere APPLES!
Quote:
Originally Posted by love-for-HP View Post

Listen, Piers didn't care about first year drama, which was why he paid no attention to the little feud happening in this group of firsties. He did, however, care about the floor getting sticky because this floor did not belong to them, but prissy little french people who probably didn't want their shoes to get sticky. So he only paid attention to this group, particularly the main troublemaker, when the apple took flight... and then splattered all over the floor.

"Bernadette," the professor said, giving the girl a LOOK as he neared her group. "You're going to stay after class and clean this up. And if you don't do a good job, I'll have you polishing quills in my very boring office this weekend." Didn't that sound fun. "Consider this your one and only warning." He didn't LIKE being a meanie, but he would be if she continued her shenanigans.

After being a party pooper, Piers turned to the rest of the class who, for the most part, was doing a fine job at throwing darts up at the ceiling. No one had gotten hurt either, which was a plus. "Alright everyone!" Piers shouted above the murmur of the class. "Give it a couple more tries and then clean up your stations. You are dismissed once you've got your darts and your bean bags back in the boxes. Next time I see you I want a 500 word essay on the importance of spell accuracy." Their FAVORITE homework, he knew it. ESSAYS.

OOC: Thank you ALL for coming to my lesson! I hope you had fun. This thread will stay open for another 8 hours or so, so feel free to catch up and wrap up your posts until then! See you next time!

JanuaryNatalieEvangelinePiersonLouise
Old 09-24-2019, 10:50 PM   #92 (permalink)

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Regulus Prince
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Default no worries ^_^
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

SPOILER!!: Nettie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
Nettie paused as she listened to Fuller-Thompson explain the next bit of the activity, feeling a bit nervous as he explained they were moving on to darts. Pointy darts? With THESE kids? Oh Merlin. "Um, no...never had the desire to...this doesn't seem like the...wisest move," she grumbled at Kaiser with a small frown. She hoped Healer Beryl wasn't teaching a class right now...

She stepped back as he got right to it, sending a dart up into the air with ease. She watched and took note of how the dart seemed to shoot up towards the ceiling a lot faster than the beanbag had...good to know. That meant she didn't have to strong arm it too much to get it to stick...

Oh. He seemed to have gotten it stuck. She smiled a little and chuckled at him.

"Nice try!" she told him, trying to be supportive before grabbing a dart herself and preparing to fire it. She took a few steps back from Kaiser - JUUUUUST to be safe, no one needed to lose an eye today - and pointed her wand at it. "Alarte Ascendare!" she exclaimed as she flicked her wand upwards towards the ceiling.

It hit the VERRRRY edge of the target she had been aiming for, BARELY sticking in the target. For a moment she half expected it to fall right out and land back at her feet...but nope, it stayed still, right along the edge of the target.

Kaiser supposed that he had, at least, got the dart up into the air enough to stick over their heads. He had the basics of the spell pinned down, and that was the whole point of learning it. No huge deal if he couldn't get a bullseye. Not that he wouldn't make an attempt on his next go.

Even though he agreed with Nettie that pointy darts did not seem the wisest move, he hadn't heard any screams of pain from the other students so far, so it seemed to be going okay. Someone had somehow exploded an apple or something but that was about it.

"Hey, you got the target," Kaiser pointed out, nodding up at Nettie's dart. It was more than could be said for his own attempt, not that he was too bothered. He went to set up his next dart, right as Fuller-Thompson called an end to the proceedings.

Well. Sort of. He also said they could have a couple more tries and, since Kaiser was all set up and ready to go, he was going to do just that.

He stood back and pointed his wand at the dart, and flicked it up. "Alarte Ascendare." This time he held back on the enthusiasm just a little bit.

The spell still did the trick, and the dart was flung up into the air, where it nailed the target. Not really in the centre, more a few circles out, but it was better than his last attempt, so he'd take it. He looked back down and smiled at Nettie. "One more go?" For her, not for him. He was already dropping his leftover darts back into the box.

Homework had been mentioned, right? Well... no doubt Kaiser would remember what it was later when someone inevitably asked if he'd done it yet. Future problem.

You are Chocolate!
Old 09-24-2019, 11:14 PM   #93 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12
Default Bernie, Blake and Piers! ^_^

Claudine gave Bernie an apologetic look. It had been partially her own fault that the other girl had to stay back to clean the smashed apple up. But then again, it could have been Claudine in that position. “I hope you’re good at the Cleaning Spell,’’ she whispered. “He didn’t say you couldn’t use magic.’’ She shout Blake an annoyed glance as if this entire episode was his fault. Maybe it was… if the apple had splattered on his head instead…

The Snakette nearly groaned when their homework was announced. An essay. She hated essays. Deciding that she would try once more for that bullseye, she took another dart. “Alarte Ascendare.” The dark rocketed upward but too bad for her. It stuck pretty close to her previous one. With a sigh, Claudine retrieved her belongings. “See you two around.’’ Her professor got a tiny nod on her way out.

Old 09-24-2019, 11:23 PM   #94 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Jobberknoll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eron Rutherford
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jonathan Kim
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Kiko Koline
Law Enforcement
x4 x2
♣ Heejin here | Did somebody say coffee & cakes? | cat lover ♣

Truth be told, this activity is a lot harder than it looks. The spell does make the dart fly high and all but the question would rely on how good is your aim as well, something Jillian is sure she is not good at. But it won't stop her from trying and trying and trying and trying... That's what school is all about right? Anyway, this time she is making sure that she needs to hit at least one target. It didn't even need to be a bullseye.

She arranged the dart carefully this time... she's very determined. She walked back to her spot and pointed her wand towards the dart. Focusing more than she was earlier, flicking her wand once again "Alarte Ascendare" she said- enunciating the spell.

The dart shoot up higher than her previous attempt and to her luck (yes, luck) the dart hit the target. It didn't hit the bullseye but she's happy with the results. She is pleased.

Of course the fun must end when the professor mentions homework. An essay to be exact. She'll definitely take note of that for later. But right now, she is making sure that all the darts that she managed to take out is back inside its box.

Old 09-25-2019, 02:14 AM   #95 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default Claudine, Blake, & PROFESSOR PIRATE (BHB)
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Bernadette hadn't really known she was going to be any good at Charms, and was mostly convinced that she was just having beginner's luck with this one, but uh, she wasn't going to tell her fellow first-years that! "Oh yeah, I did that on purpose," she bragged to Claudine, puffing out her chest just a bit. She also didn't know that could happen in real life, but Blake was being SLIGHTLY less of a party pooper now, so Bernie actually grinned at him. "You know what we should do?" she started, about to reveal ANOTHER great idea...

...when the professor caught them.

"Fudge and fiddlesticks," Bernie murmured under her breath. She'd thought he wasn't watching! Did he have eyes on the back of his head? Wizards could do that, she knew. Some wizards even had HEADS growing on the back of their head. "I... but I don't know the cleaning spell, sir!" Her eyes darted to Claudine just as she said that, but Claudine was already leaving! nooooooo! The Snakette was getting off AGAIN!

Oh! BUT THIS COULD BE A GOOD LEARNING OPPORTUNITY! Bernie tucked her hands which were full of darts behind her back and sadly looked up at the professor, her eyes big blue moons of innocence and naivety. she even scuffed her ballet flat against the floor for emphasis. "Please, sir, will you teach me the cleaning charm?"

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
Old 09-25-2019, 02:37 AM   #96 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
Default Kaiser!
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

"Just barely," Nettie responded when he pointed out her first attempt had hit the target, but she was still grinning all the same. This was a clever activity, she had to admit. As long as Kaiser didn't take her eye out, she was happy, and while she couldn't imagine a situation that would require her to do this any time soon, it was a fun activity that took her mind of OWL stress for a few moments.

It was time to wrap up, but she smiled at Kaiser and nodded. "Yeah, one more go. Nice job!" she added, commenting on his last attempt that had hit the target this time. She doubted she would get a bullseye but one more try couldn't hurt, yeah? She set up her dart and took a few steps back in preparation.

"Alarte Ascendare!" she exclaimed, taking her wand and flicking it upwards once again. The dart shot up towards the ceiling and...completely missed the target by almost a foot. Oops.

Well, it was the effort that really mattered, right?

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Old 09-25-2019, 03:28 PM   #97 (permalink)
Slytherin

MO & DoM
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maxine R. Bixby
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alba Johnston
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Dottie Crest
Mysteries
Default My trouble makers :)

Blake startled slightly when the Professor came over. Blake was certain that they were going unnoticed .. but maybe it was his yell that brought the attention. He felt a little bad for that considering he thought they maybe could have had a break through there at the end.

Packing up his bean bags and the remaining darts he placed them all in the box. "Whelp ... see you around I guess." He added and turned on his heel to leave. He could have offered to help ... but let's face it.. she did nearly kill him with that apple.

You are Honey!