sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1149 users online including...
IrinaPaive , Austintq , KeithZinue , Ryanov

7 members
1142 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmistress: Regina Hawthorne's Reign > Term 50: September - December 2018

Term 50: September - December 2018 Term Fifty: Austere Academy (Sept 2096 - June 2097)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2016, 02:58 AM

Default Office of Professor Gaston Marchand

Once invited into Professor Marchand's office, the first thing you'll notice is a plaque bearing the likness of the Disney character who shares his name attatched to the door as a joke for the students' enjoyment. The room itself is decorated with blue walls and several black leather chairs. Two potted pink bleeding heart plants hang suspended from the ceiling. On one wall is a bookshelf containing various books on charms theory and application, as well as a few classic French novels. If you'd like to read one, Professor Marchand would be happy to lend it to you. All you have to do is ask!

In the middle of the room is a dark-colored wooden desk where you'll normally find Professor Marchand seated in a large black leather chair. Two smaller leather chairs sit on the opposite side of the desk for visitors' use. On the desk, in addition to the usual quills and parchment, are several photos of the professor's wife and daughter and an ipod dock that may or may not be blasting punk rock music when you walk in. A glass candy dish full of fancy French chocolates (courtesy of care packages from the professor's mother) sits in on corner of the desk facing the visitors. Please help yourself to a few!

Behind Professor Marchand is a shelf full of models of classic cars. Please DON'T touch the cars, thank you very much! You'll also find a few cat toys scattered on the floor and a cat condo where Professor Marchand's black and white cat, Phantom, can usually be found napping. If you're lucky, she may even let you pet her! A new addition to the room is a glass case along the back wall housing an empty cookie tin, a paper wolf, a couple of chocolate frog cards, a hot chocolate recipe, a wax samurai figure in a wooden box, a lion in a Gryffindor scarf sitting on a pedestal, and a photo of a rose music box (the item itself sits in his daughter's nursery) - all gifts from his students. The case is charmed to be weatherproof and unbreakable with a complicated series of charms required to unlock it.
In light of the recent rules, Professor Marchand's office has undergone a number of dramatic changes. The joke plaque that once adorned the door has been taken down and replaced with a plain brass one that reads: Prof. Gaston A. L. Marchand, Charms / Gryffindor HoH. You'll notice that his new Deputy Headmaster title is absent; is it because he knows his days are numbered? The office interior looks every bit as dull and dreary as the plaque. The glass chocolate dish is gone, and a barren shelf that once housed the classic car models stands behind the professor's desk, a stark reminder of the new regime.

The classic French novels and enchanted ipod and dock are nowhere to be found. The only signs of the professor's individuality in sight are the plants, cat condo, and pictures of his wife and daughter scattered over his desk. The glass case bearing gifts from students both past and present remains in its proper place, but be advised: the charmed case is now equipped with a strong knockback jinx to deter those who might want to remove or break into it. Anyone who touches the case will find themselves blasted backwards!

Have a seat and make yourself as comfortable as you can while you speak with the professor!

OOC: If you are playing on a timeline BEFORE IC NOVEMBER, the office rennovations don't apply to your rp. please make sure you've posted in the Seating Area first and have been told to enter by Professor Marchand or me. You may play the cat if you wish, but please don't play the professor!
Old 09-14-2018, 11:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5
Oh, how we drift away from our friends. And the ones back home play remember when

Daisy entered Professor Marchand's office and promptly sat down. She desperately needed to rest her leg and she also wanted to have a little chat with her Charms teacher. Apparently, her aunt had a conversation with him during the holidays. Daisy waited until Professor Marchand took his seat before speaking.
Old 09-21-2018, 11:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
Daisy entered Professor Marchand's office and promptly sat down. She desperately needed to rest her leg and she also wanted to have a little chat with her Charms teacher. Apparently, her aunt had a conversation with him during the holidays. Daisy waited until Professor Marchand took his seat before speaking.
Gaston followed Daisy into the office, his cane clacking dully against the floor as he went. He was going to invite her to sit down, but she'd already done just that. Good, he didn't want her to think she had to stand as a sign of respect for him. He wasn't Julian Scrimgeour (thank Merlin!)! And besides, she needed to stay off that leg! With a wave of his wand, he closed the door behind them, then all but slumped into the large leather chair behind the desk.

Behind him, Phantom looked up with a half snort, half meow before curling up and going back to sleep on the top level of her cat condo. He knew things were bad when even Phantom seemed drained! With a sad sigh, he turned to Daisy, gently sliding the glass candy dish toward her. "Would you like a chocolate?" he offered, though if he mood was even half as dark as his own, he doubted she would want one. "Now, how can I help you today?"

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 09-21-2018, 12:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5
Oh, how we drift away from our friends. And the ones back home play remember when

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
Gaston followed Daisy into the office, his cane clacking dully against the floor as he went. He was going to invite her to sit down, but she'd already done just that. Good, he didn't want her to think she had to stand as a sign of respect for him. He wasn't Julian Scrimgeour (thank Merlin!)! And besides, she needed to stay off that leg! With a wave of his wand, he closed the door behind them, then all but slumped into the large leather chair behind the desk.

Behind him, Phantom looked up with a half snort, half meow before curling up and going back to sleep on the top level of her cat condo. He knew things were bad when even Phantom seemed drained! With a sad sigh, he turned to Daisy, gently sliding the glass candy dish toward her. "Would you like a chocolate?" he offered, though if he mood was even half as dark as his own, he doubted she would want one. "Now, how can I help you today?"
Daisy shook her head when Professor Marchand offered her a chocolate. "No, thank you, sir. I came here because I'm struggling with this new regime. The staff changes and the stricter rules make life around here hard. I'm doing my best to abide by these rules. I can imagine what my mum and aunt would say in regards to this matter. I mean, I believe you met my aunt during the holidays."

The Hufflepuff sighed sadly, wishing she hadn't returned to Hogwarts.
Old 09-30-2018, 03:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

DERP & DMC
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cassidy Raine
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryson Blacknight
Hufflepuff
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Zunther

Ministry RPG Name:
Serena Morningstar
Loveable Gryffinpuff| Stella Bella

Shuffling her feet, Stella walked towards Professor Marchand's office and stoppes short of plaque and giggled at the sight of it. She loved Disney characters her favorite character was Tinkerbell! Walking into the rest of his office she took a seat in the small leather seat before looking around as she let out a small hiccupped shaking in fear.

Ooh.... French novels! Stella loved reading books of all different kinds, maybe he'll lend it to her to read. Looking down at her hands she begin playing with them waiting for Professor Marchand as she hicupped again.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Both TLs take place before the food/contraband rules!
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Text Cut: Daisy
Quote:
Daisy shook her head when Professor Marchand offered her a chocolate. "No, thank you, sir. I came here because I'm struggling with this new regime. The staff changes and the stricter rules make life around here hard. I'm doing my best to abide by these rules. I can imagine what my mum and aunt would say in regards to this matter. I mean, I believe you met my aunt during the holidays."

The Hufflepuff sighed sadly, wishing she hadn't returned to Hogwarts.

Gaston nodded in reply to the shake of Daisy's head. He wasn't surprised that she turned down the offer for chocolate, and he couldn't blame her. He wasn't in much of a sweet mood himself. The reason for the Hufflepuff's visit didn't come as a shock, either. His expression, though still sad, turned sympathetic as he listened to Daisy's words. "I understand," he said. "I think the changes are hard for all of us." They certainly were for him! "Are there any specific rules you're struggling with?" Maybe they could try to find a way around them?

His blue eyes widened slightly at the mention of Daisy's aunt. He was wondering if or when that might come up. "I did," he said, nodding as his mind wandered back to the chance encounter over the summer. "She was very kind." Not that he was surprised, of course. He wondered what she'd told Daisy about that conversation. Oh, Merlin... she didn't tell her how he injured his leg, did she?

Text Cut: Stella
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granger Danger View Post
Shuffling her feet, Stella walked towards Professor Marchand's office and stoppes short of plaque and giggled at the sight of it. She loved Disney characters her favorite character was Tinkerbell! Walking into the rest of his office she took a seat in the small leather seat before looking around as she let out a small hiccupped shaking in fear.

Ooh.... French novels! Stella loved reading books of all different kinds, maybe he'll lend it to her to read. Looking down at her hands she begin playing with them waiting for Professor Marchand as she hicupped again.

Gaston eyed Stella with concern as he followed her into his office, gently shutting the door behind himself. He saw her stop short of the plaque, and he couldn't help but smile as she giggled. He was glad it made her happier... if only for a moment. His eyes followed her to the small leather chair, and his heart dropped as he saw the poor child shaking like a leaf. She didn't have anything to be afraid of as long as he was here. She knew that, right?

With a quick wave of his wand, he cast a nonverbal Muffliato charm on the office; another wave made the door imperturbable. Somehow he had a suspicion Stella's distress had something to do with Julian Scrimgeour (or one of his henchman at least), and he wanted her to be able to speak freely, without fear of the wrong person overhearing. Merlin, just thinking about that metal-armed maniac made Gaston's features harden in anger! He sighed, putting on a softer expression, and took a seat in the smaller chair beside Stella. Normally he sat in the large chair on the other side of the desk, but he found comforting students was easier without a bulky piece of furniture separating them. "Can you tell me what has you so upset?" he said softly. "Take all the time you need..."

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 10-05-2018, 11:27 AM   #7 (permalink)

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5
Default TL takes place before the food/contraband rules!

Quote:

Gaston nodded in reply to the shake of Daisy's head. He wasn't surprised that she turned down the offer for chocolate, and he couldn't blame her. He wasn't in much of a sweet mood himself. The reason for the Hufflepuff's visit didn't come as a shock, either. His expression, though still sad, turned sympathetic as he listened to Daisy's words. "I understand," he said. "I think the changes are hard for all of us." They certainly were for him! "Are there any specific rules you're struggling with?" Maybe they could try to find a way around them?

His blue eyes widened slightly at the mention of Daisy's aunt. He was wondering if or when that might come up. "I did," he said, nodding as his mind wandered back to the chance encounter over the summer. "She was very kind." Not that he was surprised, of course. He wondered what she'd told Daisy about that conversation. Oh, Merlin... she didn't tell her how he injured his leg, did she?

"Well, when it comes to the rules, it seems that the list of what you can and can't do around Hogwarts is increasing. I have a bad feeling that if I were to return to this office or attend a future Charms class that things will look rather bleak in terms of decoration. Maybe I'm overthinking things due to the fact that my body and mind has its' tired moments due to the daily exercises and making sure that I am following the classroom rules especially Divination and DADA and being a decent Prefect. This year has been very stressful thus far!"

When Professor Marchand mentioned Daisy's aunt, the Hufflepuff smiled. "Aunt Helena is really amazing. She just told me that you seemed to be in need of having someone there to listen to you. My aunt actually didn't reveal much. I think she feels that your conversation with her is between the two of you but I hope she told you that I don't hold you responsible in any way regarding my scars. In fact, I wouldn't have survived if it weren't for you, sir."
Old 10-05-2018, 10:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

DERP & DMC
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cassidy Raine
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryson Blacknight
Hufflepuff
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Zunther

Ministry RPG Name:
Serena Morningstar
Default TL takes place before food/ contraband rules!

Quote:
Gaston eyed Stella with concern as he followed her into his office, gently shutting the door behind himself. He saw her stop short of the plaque, and he couldn't help but smile as she giggled. He was glad it made her happier... if only for a moment. His eyes followed her to the small leather chair, and his heart dropped as he saw the poor child shaking like a leaf. She didn't have anything to be afraid of as long as he was here. She knew that, right?

With a quick wave of his wand, he cast a nonverbal Muffliato charm on the office; another wave made the door imperturbable. Somehow he had a suspicion Stella's distress had something to do with Julian Scrimgeour (or one of his henchman at least), and he wanted her to be able to speak freely, without fear of the wrong person overhearing. Merlin, just thinking about that metal-armed maniac made Gaston's features harden in anger! He sighed, putting on a softer expression, and took a seat in the smaller chair beside Stella. Normally he sat in the large chair on the other side of the desk, but he found comforting students was easier without a bulky piece of furniture separating them. "Can you tell me what has you so upset?" he said softly. "Take all the time you need..."

Taking a drink of her hot chocolate to calm herself down she took a deep breath trying to stop hiccuping. "A..Alll these stupid rules Professor, they are stupid and a bunch of nonsense!" she said angrily with anger in her sky blue eyes. "I...I never hated anyone because my daddy said it wasn't nice, but I hate him!" she said looking down at her hot chocolate. She wasn't shaking as much now that she was in his office, but the Headmaster and the Divinations Professor scared her too pices. " T..The Headmaster and Divinations Professor scare me, some Gryffindor I am where's my bravery?" she asked him.

"I...I lost Gryffindor points, o..only five points but I'm only a first year!" she said sighing. " I said said hi and greeted him and was being nice, where's niceness in this castle now? It's all going away." she said crying. "I had to do twenty push ups or run, and you know that I have Asthma Professor and I been getting sick lately cause of S.O.R.E. but I haven't said anything and terrified of going to the hospital wing for help so I did twenty push ups." she said still crying. " T..This wasn't what I thought my first year will be like, where is the magic or the wonder? I..it's all gone and feels like we're in a muggle military school." she said sighing sadly.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Both TLs before the food/contraband rules

Quote:
"Well, when it comes to the rules, it seems that the list of what you can and can't do around Hogwarts is increasing. I have a bad feeling that if I were to return to this office or attend a future Charms class that things will look rather bleak in terms of decoration. Maybe I'm overthinking things due to the fact that my body and mind has its' tired moments due to the daily exercises and making sure that I am following the classroom rules especially Divination and DADA and being a decent Prefect. This year has been very stressful thus far!"

When Professor Marchand mentioned Daisy's aunt, the Hufflepuff smiled. "Aunt Helena is really amazing. She just told me that you seemed to be in need of having someone there to listen to you. My aunt actually didn't reveal much. I think she feels that your conversation with her is between the two of you but I hope she told you that I don't hold you responsible in any way regarding my scars. In fact, I wouldn't have survived if it weren't for you, sir."

Gaston listened intently as Daisy talked. He rolled his eyes, biting back a sardonic chuckle at the mention of the increasing list of rules. That was putting it politely! "I'm afraid you're right," he said sadly. "If I didn't know better, I would say Headmaster Scrimgeour is actively trying to confuse everyone because he enjoys handing out punishments. If he wants to implement new rules, fine, but he should've been upfront about his expectations, not make them up as he goes along!" How was anyone supposed to get head when Scrimgeour kept changing the rules of the game? He had to take a couple of deep breaths to calm his rising anger. Getting angry wouldn't accomplish anything... except costing him his job, and he couldn't let that happen! He had a daughter to provide for!

His expression darkened slightly as he glanced around the room, trying to imagine his office without his cars, books, and enchanted ipod. The thought of an office without his personal touches made him shudder. The bleak, depressing image that crept into his mind reminded him a little too much of the muggle private school he attended as a child... dull and lifeless. He nodded. "I have that feeling too," he said, "but all we can do is hope that won't happen."

Gaston's bright blue eyes widened with concern at what Daisy said next. "I'm sorry you're having such a hard time," he said sympathetically. "I'm not sure there's much I can do about the rules or your prefect duties, but maybe I can help with the exercises. If you like, I can talk to Professor Noble and Healer McMillan about excusing you from S.O.R.E. I can't make any promises-" If Scrimgeour was even half as hardheaded as he was hardhearted, it was practically a lost cause. "-but maybe having your Head of House, healer, and Deputy Headmaster talk to him may convince him. If nothing else, I'm always here to lend a sympathetic ear."

Then the conversation turned to Daisy's aunt, and Gaston couldn't help but breathe a silent sigh of relief knowing Helena hadn't told her the real reason for his leg injury. Poor Daisy had already gone through so much; he didn't want her blaming herself for what happened to him! The girl's next words touched his heart. "She did," he said. "I-it was nothing. I only did what any decent person would do..." His voice trailed off as his throat quickly became too tight to speak. He swallowed hard, pinching at the corners of his eyes. He couldnt' let Daisy see him like this!

Quote:
Taking a drink of her hot chocolate to calm herself down she took a deep breath trying to stop hiccuping. "A..Alll these stupid rules Professor, they are stupid and a bunch of nonsense!" she said angrily with anger in her sky blue eyes. "I...I never hated anyone because my daddy said it wasn't nice, but I hate him!" she said looking down at her hot chocolate. She wasn't shaking as much now that she was in his office, but the Headmaster and the Divinations Professor scared her too pices. " T..The Headmaster and Divinations Professor scare me, some Gryffindor I am where's my bravery?" she asked him.

"I...I lost Gryffindor points, o..only five points but I'm only a first year!" she said sighing. " I said said hi and greeted him and was being nice, where's niceness in this castle now? It's all going away." she said crying. "I had to do twenty push ups or run, and you know that I have Asthma Professor and I been getting sick lately cause of S.O.R.E. but I haven't said anything and terrified of going to the hospital wing for help so I did twenty push ups." she said still crying. " T..This wasn't what I thought my first year will be like, where is the magic or the wonder? I..it's all gone and feels like we're in a muggle military school." she said sighing sadly.

All Gaston could do was watch sadly as Stella tried to calm down. The thought crossed his mind to offer her a chocolate to go with her beverage, but she seemed too upset at the moment. Still, he reached for the glass candy dish and scooted it a little closer to her, so she would know it was there if she wanted it. A frown creased his face as she spoke, and if Stella were to look into his eyes at that moment, she would see the same anger reflected. "I might've guessed..." he said, realizing only too late the harshness creeping into his voice. He sighed and softened his tone as he added, "Sorry... I'm not angry at you, Stella, but I am furious at Headmaster Scrimgeour for making you feel this way. I'll let you in on a little secret: I hate him too!" He hated the metal-armed maniac from the moment he set foot in the castle!

His expression changed as she went on. He instinctively reached out to place a comforting hand on her shoulder, but he remembered the ridiculous "no displays of affection" rule just in time. Instead, he rested his hand on the arm of her chair, hoping she would understand his meaning. No rule against that, was there? "I know," he said quietly. "They scare me too. I'm afraid they're going to hurt one of my students, and I won't be able to stop them..." He shook his head in a vain attempt to make the bad thoughts die.

Then Stella mentioned bravery, and Gaston gave her an encouraging smile... a small, sad one, but it was there. He got this a lot! "Don't think for one second that your aren't brave enough to be a Gryffindor," he said. "Bravery doesn't mean never getting scared; it means doing things even when you are scared of them. You show Gryffindor bravery every day just by completing your morning laps and showing up to classes."

The mention of points loss got a slight eyebrow raise from Gaston. He assumed the reason would be something like arriving late or unprepared or possibly out of uniform to class, but... Blink, blink. What the-? Did she just say what he thought she said?! The Frenchman's ocean blue eyes widened, and his mouth dropped open. He was vaguely aware of Stella crying again, but he was too dumbfounded to offer any comfort at the moment. Luckily, Phantom picked up on the girl's distress and jumped down from her cat condo. The black and white Persian sauntered up to Stella, rubbing against her legs with a "meow!"

It was Phantom's meowing that finally jerked Gaston out of his state of shock. "Did I hear that right?" he said. "Headmaster Scrimgeour took points from you and forced you to do push ups in front of the whole class? Because you said hello to him?" He had to have heard that wrong. There was no way anybody could be that heartless!

Old 10-18-2018, 10:16 AM   #10 (permalink)

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5

Text Cut: Professor Marchand
Quote:

Gaston listened intently as Daisy talked. He rolled his eyes, biting back a sardonic chuckle at the mention of the increasing list of rules. That was putting it politely! "I'm afraid you're right," he said sadly. "If I didn't know better, I would say Headmaster Scrimgeour is actively trying to confuse everyone because he enjoys handing out punishments. If he wants to implement new rules, fine, but he should've been upfront about his expectations, not make them up as he goes along!" How was anyone supposed to get head when Scrimgeour kept changing the rules of the game? He had to take a couple of deep breaths to calm his rising anger. Getting angry wouldn't accomplish anything... except costing him his job, and he couldn't let that happen! He had a daughter to provide for!

His expression darkened slightly as he glanced around the room, trying to imagine his office without his cars, books, and enchanted ipod. The thought of an office without his personal touches made him shudder. The bleak, depressing image that crept into his mind reminded him a little too much of the muggle private school he attended as a child... dull and lifeless. He nodded. "I have that feeling too," he said, "but all we can do is hope that won't happen."

Gaston's bright blue eyes widened with concern at what Daisy said next. "I'm sorry you're having such a hard time," he said sympathetically. "I'm not sure there's much I can do about the rules or your prefect duties, but maybe I can help with the exercises. If you like, I can talk to Professor Noble and Healer McMillan about excusing you from S.O.R.E. I can't make any promises-" If Scrimgeour was even half as hardheaded as he was hardhearted, it was practically a lost cause. "-but maybe having your Head of House, healer, and Deputy Headmaster talk to him may convince him. If nothing else, I'm always here to lend a sympathetic ear."

Then the conversation turned to Daisy's aunt, and Gaston couldn't help but breathe a silent sigh of relief knowing Helena hadn't told her the real reason for his leg injury. Poor Daisy had already gone through so much; he didn't want her blaming herself for what happened to him! The girl's next words touched his heart. "She did," he said. "I-it was nothing. I only did what any decent person would do..." His voice trailed off as his throat quickly became too tight to speak. He swallowed hard, pinching at the corners of his eyes. He couldnt' let Daisy see him like this!

Daisy nodded in agreement as Professor Marchand spoke his opinion of Headmaster Scrimgeour. "Sadly, I think things might get worse. I hope that those staff members that were, in my opinion, unnecessarily fired get reinstated to their old jobs next term."

When Professor Marchand offered to have a word with Professor Noble and Healer Macmillan regarding excusing Daisy from doing exercises, Daisy shook her head furiously, her eyes wide. "It would be wise not to say anything. You, Professor Noble and Healer Macmillan might get the sack and I could have my badge taken away from me and be put in detention."

Daisy gave an appreciative smile at her Charms teacher when he mentioned Aunt Helena. "Aunt Helena is someone that has... strong opinions so the fact that she spoke highly of you just shows your strength of character."

The Hufflepuff needed to depart in order to do some studying so she silently began to stand up.
Old 10-19-2018, 03:13 AM   #11 (permalink)

DERP & DMC
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cassidy Raine
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryson Blacknight
Hufflepuff
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Zunther

Ministry RPG Name:
Serena Morningstar

Quote:

All Gaston could do was watch sadly as Stella tried to calm down. The thought crossed his mind to offer her a chocolate to go with her beverage, but she seemed too upset at the moment. Still, he reached for the glass candy dish and scooted it a little closer to her, so she would know it was there if she wanted it. A frown creased his face as she spoke, and if Stella were to look into his eyes at that moment, she would see the same anger reflected. "I might've guessed..." he said, realizing only too late the harshness creeping into his voice. He sighed and softened his tone as he added, "Sorry... I'm not angry at you, Stella, but I am furious at Headmaster Scrimgeour for making you feel this way. I'll let you in on a little secret: I hate him too!" He hated the metal-armed maniac from the moment he set foot in the castle!

His expression changed as she went on. He instinctively reached out to place a comforting hand on her shoulder, but he remembered the ridiculous "no displays of affection" rule just in time. Instead, he rested his hand on the arm of her chair, hoping she would understand his meaning. No rule against that, was there? "I know," he said quietly. "They scare me too. I'm afraid they're going to hurt one of my students, and I won't be able to stop them..." He shook his head in a vain attempt to make the bad thoughts die.

Then Stella mentioned bravery, and Gaston gave her an encouraging smile... a small, sad one, but it was there. He got this a lot! "Don't think for one second that your aren't brave enough to be a Gryffindor," he said. "Bravery doesn't mean never getting scared; it means doing things even when you are scared of them. You show Gryffindor bravery every day just by completing your morning laps and showing up to classes."

The mention of points loss got a slight eyebrow raise from Gaston. He assumed the reason would be something like arriving late or unprepared or possibly out of uniform to class, but... Blink, blink. What the-? Did she just say what he thought she said?! The Frenchman's ocean blue eyes widened, and his mouth dropped open. He was vaguely aware of Stella crying again, but he was too dumbfounded to offer any comfort at the moment. Luckily, Phantom picked up on the girl's distress and jumped down from her cat condo. The black and white Persian sauntered up to Stella, rubbing against her legs with a "meow!"

It was Phantom's meowing that finally jerked Gaston out of his state of shock. "Did I hear that right?" he said. "Headmaster Scrimgeour took points from you and forced you to do push ups in front of the whole class? Because you said hello to him?" He had to have heard that wrong. There was no way anybody could be that heartless!

Stella looked at the glass candy jar and bit her lip looking at the chocolate. "Is that french chocolate?" she asked herself looking into the candy jar. She loved French chocolate, it was her favorite. "M...May I take one?" she asked him looking up at him. Stella notice his harnesses and stiffened up like a board and started shaking. ' Oh... no, Mr. Beady Eyes Stone Face changed him, he was turning all the good Professors bad!" she thought to herself. Stella looked up at him and giggled. " I'm glad, I thought I was going to get into trouble for saying something like that, no matter how true it is how can someone be this mean what happened to make him this way?" Stella asked tilting her head curiously.

Stella looked up at him and gave him a weak smile, she knew what he wanted to do, the stupid rule of not touching people was stupid. " T..They scare you? But you look so brave and collected h..how do you do it?" Stella asked him wiping her tears. "I'm afraid with these stupid S.O.R.E exercises people will get hurt, as I said I'm getting sick by them but I'm afraid to go to the hospital wing." she said fiddling with her hands.

Stella looked up at him and smiled weakly at his comments, she didn't think about that and it did make her feel better. " I..I just want this to all end, I don't want to put up with this all my Hogwarts years Professor. " she said sighing. " Why am I scared its going to get worse before it gets better?" she asked him shivering slightly at things getting worse than they already are.

Drinking her hot chocolate Stella looked around his office once again her eyes falling on the French novels, they looked interesting. She loved reading all kinds of books, they were so fascinating to her. Wiping her tears again she felt something brushing against her legs and looked down seeing Professor Marchand's cat. She smiled down at the Persian cat. "Hello there, aren't you such a pretty kitty!" she said petting it.

Petting the cat that was on her lap she nodded. "Y...Yes sir, it was all part of his 'don't speak unless spoken to' rules." she said rolling her eyes. "I..I understood in class, but simply saying hello and asking if he was well was bad?" she asked shaking her head. " I wasn't the only one either sir, it was either that or do another lap during the morning S.O.R.E." she said sighing.

Last edited by Granger Danger; 10-19-2018 at 05:32 AM.
Old 10-22-2018, 02:50 PM   #12 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
On the other side of the heavily charmed door, Gaston sat at his desk, staring at the little black book open on the desk in front of him. The room was quiet... too quiet. Without his enchanted ipod blasting angry rock music into his ears, the only sound he had to keep him occupied was the sound of his own dark thoughts. He didn't know how much longer he would survive this! Every day, the pent-up emotions built, eating away at him from the inside out. It was only a matter of time before he collapsed under the strain of the facade he was forced to don to keep his job!

He'd stifled himself for so long, he couldn't even pour his heart out into a new song! He fidgeted with his pen, waiting for the words to come, when a sudden knock (or several of them) startled him. His head jerked up, spilling his graying black hair into his eyes. He glanced at his watch; it was almost dinnertime. That must be Derf... or at least he hoped that what who it was. The visitor hadn't used the intercom to identify himself.

He cautiously approached the door and began to remove the complicated sequence of security charms. The door opened the tiniest crack, and his good eye peered into the waiting area. The Frenchman breathed an audible sigh of relief when he saw the Hufflepuff prefect. Thank Merlin! For a moment, he thought it might be Scrimgeour or one of his minions. "Good afternoon, Derfael," he greeted, opening the door a lot wider. "Please come in. I have your dummy ready for you."

OOC: You may post in Gaston's office whenever you're ready.
Was there an intercom? Derf was honestly on such tunnel vision right now that he wasn't considering anything else but the professor on the other side of that door. So when the door just baaaaaaaaaaaaarely creaked open and the faded eyes of the Charms professor peered through, the sixth year offered an eager grin despite the bleak atmosphere. "Thanks, professor," he chirped as he was invited in. And in did he GO!

He had never made it a habit of visiting the Charms professor in his office regularly, so many of the changes went unnoticed by him. Plus, well, there was the whole him only being able to focus on this new creature dummy for his own private practice. "I really appreciate this, professor." He added again. "With Professor Wayland gone...I've...kinda been concerned about my future in magizoology. Though Professor Petrov has agreed to tutor me privately still."

A flash of guilt ran across his face, not because of the Creatures professor but...in memory of what had happened in Astronomy. He was still torn on how to actually feel about Professor Wayland. But then again, that was kinda the theme this term. Shades of grey and not everything being so black and white.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
Old 10-23-2018, 11:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Daisy & Stella's TLs before the no food rule

Quote:

Daisy nodded in agreement as Professor Marchand spoke his opinion of Headmaster Scrimgeour. "Sadly, I think things might get worse. I hope that those staff members that were, in my opinion, unnecessarily fired get reinstated to their old jobs next term."

When Professor Marchand offered to have a word with Professor Noble and Healer Macmillan regarding excusing Daisy from doing exercises, Daisy shook her head furiously, her eyes wide. "It would be wise not to say anything. You, Professor Noble and Healer Macmillan might get the sack and I could have my badge taken away from me and be put in detention."

Daisy gave an appreciative smile at her Charms teacher when he mentioned Aunt Helena. "Aunt Helena is someone that has... strong opinions so the fact that she spoke highly of you just shows your strength of character."

The Hufflepuff needed to depart in order to do some studying so she silently began to stand up.

Gaston's expression darkened slightly as Daisy spoke. He had a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach that she was right; things were getting worse with each passing day. He wasn't sure how much longer he could last! He nodded. "I know, I hope so too," he said. Though secretly he doubted that would happen. Even if Scrimgeour left, the Board of Governors had made it perfectly clear that they disapproved of Regina Hawthorne. Why would they reinstate her or anyone she hired? More likely, they'd just appoint another tyrant to replace Scrimgeour.

Blink, blink. Gaston's blue eyes widened as he gasped, slightly taken aback by Daisy's reaction. There was no reason any sane person would fire him for acting in a student's best interest... but then again, Julian Scrimgeour didn't strike him as a sane person. He sighed sadly, knowing Daisy was right. Scrimgeour would find a way to use it against him, even if he had to invent a way. "Okay, I won't say anything if it makes you anxious," he said. "I just... hate that I can't do more to help. Forcing you to do exercises with your injuries is inexcusable!"

He managed to return Daisy's smile with a small, slightly sad one of his own as the conversation turned to Helena. "Yes, I got that impression when I met her," he said, realizing too late how arrogant that probably sounded. "... that she's a person with strong opinions, that is." he added. He still didn't think he'd done anything to show strength of character. Before the conversation could go much further, Gaston saw Daisy stand up. He crossed the room to open the door for her. "Leaving already?" he asked, looking at her with concern. He hadn't upset her, had he?

Quote:
Stella looked at the glass candy jar and bit her lip looking at the chocolate. "Is that french chocolate?" she asked herself looking into the candy jar. She loved French chocolate, it was her favorite. "M...May I take one?" she asked him looking up at him. Stella notice his harnesses and stiffened up like a board and started shaking. ' Oh... no, Mr. Beady Eyes Stone Face changed him, he was turning all the good Professors bad!" she thought to herself. Stella looked up at him and giggled. " I'm glad, I thought I was going to get into trouble for saying something like that, no matter how true it is how can someone be this mean what happened to make him this way?" Stella asked tilting her head curiously.

Stella looked up at him and gave him a weak smile, she knew what he wanted to do, the stupid rule of not touching people was stupid. " T..They scare you? But you look so brave and collected h..how do you do it?" Stella asked him wiping her tears. "I'm afraid with these stupid S.O.R.E exercises people will get hurt, as I said I'm getting sick by them but I'm afraid to go to the hospital wing." she said fiddling with her hands.

Stella looked up at him and smiled weakly at his comments, she didn't think about that and it did make her feel better. " I..I just want this to all end, I don't want to put up with this all my Hogwarts years Professor. " she said sighing. " Why am I scared its going to get worse before it gets better?" she asked him shivering slightly at things getting worse than they already are.

Drinking her hot chocolate Stella looked around his office once again her eyes falling on the French novels, they looked interesting. She loved reading all kinds of books, they were so fascinating to her. Wiping her tears again she felt something brushing against her legs and looked down seeing Professor Marchand's cat. She smiled down at the Persian cat. "Hello there, aren't you such a pretty kitty!" she said petting it.

Petting the cat that was on her lap she nodded. "Y...Yes sir, it was all part of his 'don't speak unless spoken to' rules." she said rolling her eyes. "I..I understood in class, but simply saying hello and asking if he was well was bad?" she asked shaking her head. " I wasn't the only one either sir, it was either that or do another lap during the morning S.O.R.E." she said sighing.

Out of the corner of his good eye, Gaston noticed Stella looking at the candy dish. He nodded in reply to her questions. "It is," he said with a slight smile. "My mother keeps sending me chocolate from home. She's trying to fatten me up; she says I'm too skinny..." And now she was probably right. He'd lost a lot of weight from the stress he was under. His smile grew. "Of course, have as many as you like." Hopefully the sweets would cheer her up...

His heart sank as he saw the poor girl stiffen and start shaking again, and he inwardly berated himself for causing it. He bent so that his eyes met hers. The angry fire was still there, but it had been overshadowed by sadness. "I didn't mean to scare you," he said softly. "I just... hate seeing my students in pain, physical or emotional. That hurts me worse than anything else Headmaster Scrimgeour could do..." he shook his head. "You'll never get in trouble for speaking your mind in my office. If we were in the hallway or somewhere else Headmaster Scrimgeour could be watching, that's different... he'd fire me if I didn't, and then he'd bring in another monster like him..." His expression darkened; just the thought made him shudder.

Gaston's blue eyes widened in shock at Stella's next words. "I have no idea. I've often wondered that myself..." he said. "Maybe something bad happened to him, and it hardened his heart. Or maybe he just never learned how to be kind..." His features hardened. "But whatever the reason, it doesn't excuse the way he acts." Then the little one asked another question that caught him off guard. He thought for a moment. The truth was he didn't do it. He tried to isolate himself as much as possible because interacting with those goons set his teeth on edge! He shrugged. "I don't know; I don't think any of us realize what we're capable of until we're tested," he said. "When I have to be around them, all I can do is try to remind myself that I'm doing it for my students and hope the love for my job will outweigh the fear."

He gave her a sad, sympathetic look, handing her a box of tissues as she wiped her tears. "I know," he said. "Every day, I worry that somebody is going to get hurt - and not just from S.O.R.E." There was any number of ways those idiot replacement professors could cause harm; he feared this was just the tip of the iceberg! "I'm so sorry. It's unfair that he keeps putting you through that; he should make accomodations for you and the other students with medical conditions." But he knew he probably wouldn't. He had to take several deep breaths to calm his rising anger. Running children ragged did not make them strong, and if Scrimgeour couldn't open his eyes long enough to see that, he was an even bigger fathead than Gaston thought! "I could try talking to Healer McMillan for you. She's very nice, not at all like the headmaster; I'm sure she'd be happy to help."

Gaston looked at Stella with sad eyes. She was breaking his heart! "It will end," he promised. "I can't promise Headmaster Scrimgeour will leave any time soon, but I'll stick around for as long as I can..." Which probably meant, until the metal armed-maniac came up with a reason to fire him. "You won't have to deal with this the whole time you're in school. If he comes back next term or if this becomes too much for you, I'll personally get you transferred to another school." He could get her into Beauxbatons with a single letter...

Before he had much time to think on the subject, Phantom's meowing distracted him. He smiled, watching Stella pet his cat, and Phantom was clearly enjoying every moment of it too! The Persian turned the white side of her face toward Stella and replied with a "meow!" Gaston laughed. "Phantom says 'thank you'," he said. But the laughter instantly turned to all-consuming rage as Stella confirmed what he thought he heard the first time.

"That cruel... heartless... evil sack of dragon dung!" he snarled, his clenched teeth all that was keeping him from shouting. He stopped short of saying a word he never uttered in a child's presence. His hands balled into fists, and his cheeks flushed a shade of Gryffinfor scarlet. Feel good about yourself now, Scrimgeour? he thought furiously. Subjugating children for showing you kindness... is that the only way you can think of to boost your pathetic ego? He wished he had him right here in his office; then he would teach that scum a lesson! HIs eyes burned like bluebell flames, and his entire body trembled.

The lights flickered on and off; pieces of parchment rustled on the desk, and there was a faint clink as a crack appeared in the glass candy dish, deepening until... everything stopped. Gaston was on his feet, though he couldn't recall standing up. He glanced around the room in a daze. Good Godric Gryffindor, what happened? "D-did I do that?" he wondered out loud, his voice sounding small and frightened. Then he remembered Stella. "Oh, my-! I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, Stella! I don't know how- this has never happened before!" He could barely bring himself to look at the poor girl.

Text Cut: Derf
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Was there an intercom? Derf was honestly on such tunnel vision right now that he wasn't considering anything else but the professor on the other side of that door. So when the door just baaaaaaaaaaaaarely creaked open and the faded eyes of the Charms professor peered through, the sixth year offered an eager grin despite the bleak atmosphere. "Thanks, professor," he chirped as he was invited in. And in did he GO!

He had never made it a habit of visiting the Charms professor in his office regularly, so many of the changes went unnoticed by him. Plus, well, there was the whole him only being able to focus on this new creature dummy for his own private practice. "I really appreciate this, professor." He added again. "With Professor Wayland gone...I've...kinda been concerned about my future in magizoology. Though Professor Petrov has agreed to tutor me privately still."

A flash of guilt ran across his face, not because of the Creatures professor but...in memory of what had happened in Astronomy. He was still torn on how to actually feel about Professor Wayland. But then again, that was kinda the theme this term. Shades of grey and not everything being so black and white.

Gaston wasn't particularly bothered that Derf overlooked the intercom; he assumed he must've been too excited to pay attention. He was just glad it wasn't Scrimgeour on the other side of that door! He nodded, returning the prefect's smile with a small one of his own. "You're quite welcome," he said, stepping aside to allow passage into his office. He followed the boy inside, closing the door behind them with a wave of his wand; another wave cast a nonverbal Muffliato. The spell had been standard procedure since the start of the term; it was almost force of habit now.

He took his place in the large leather chair behind the desk, gesturing toward the smaller chairs in front. "Would you like to sit down?" he asked. The moment he spoke, Phantom, the black and white Persian cat, jumped down from her cat condo and greeted Derf with a cheery "meow!" Gaston smiled. "I think she remembers you..."

Oh, that reminded him! He picked up the kneazle dummy he had stashed behind his desk and set it in front of Derf. "Here's your dummy, as promised," he said. "Is a kneazle okay, or would you prefer some other creature?" He could always transfigure it, if that was the case. "When you want to practice, tap its back with your wand, and injuries will appear at random. Once you're done, the wounds you healed will disappear until you tap its back again..." He paused to give time for that information to sink in, patiently awaiting any questions that might follow.

Gaston's expression darkened slightly at the mention of Tristan. Honestly, what was he thinking attacking another professor like that? That would've got him fired, even if Hawthorne was still here! There was no denying LeRoux had it coming, but all that accomplished was giving LeRoux the last laugh. And now, there was one less adult the students could turn to and one more sociopath running amok at Hogwarts! He sighed, shaking his head; the mention of Petrov got a shocked eyebrow raise in response. "He did?" he said. "That was nice of him..." Too nice. Something was very wrong here... "I hope you learn a lot from Professor Petrov."

Though if the other replacements were any indication, the only thing Derf would learn from Petrov was to be terrified of his own shadow. "If you find you need more extensive training," Gaston said, choosing his words carefully just in case the wrong person happened to be listening, "maybe we could put you in touch with another magizoologist?" Maybe someone at the Ministry or the Scamander zoo?

Last edited by MadMadamMalfoy; 10-23-2018 at 11:57 AM.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:30 PM   #14 (permalink)

DERP & DMC
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cassidy Raine
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryson Blacknight
Hufflepuff
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Zunther

Ministry RPG Name:
Serena Morningstar

Quote:

Out of the corner of his good eye, Gaston noticed Stella looking at the candy dish. He nodded in reply to her questions. "It is," he said with a slight smile. "My mother keeps sending me chocolate from home. She's trying to fatten me up; she says I'm too skinny..." And now she was probably right. He'd lost a lot of weight from the stress he was under. His smile grew. "Of course, have as many as you like." Hopefully the sweets would cheer her up...

His heart sank as he saw the poor girl stiffen and start shaking again, and he inwardly berated himself for causing it. He bent so that his eyes met hers. The angry fire was still there, but it had been overshadowed by sadness. "I didn't mean to scare you," he said softly. "I just... hate seeing my students in pain, physical or emotional. That hurts me worse than anything else Headmaster Scrimgeour could do..." he shook his head. "You'll never get in trouble for speaking your mind in my office. If we were in the hallway or somewhere else Headmaster Scrimgeour could be watching, that's different... he'd fire me if I didn't, and then he'd bring in another monster like him..." His expression darkened; just the thought made him shudder.

Gaston's blue eyes widened in shock at Stella's next words. "I have no idea. I've often wondered that myself..." he said. "Maybe something bad happened to him, and it hardened his heart. Or maybe he just never learned how to be kind..." His features hardened. "But whatever the reason, it doesn't excuse the way he acts." Then the little one asked another question that caught him off guard. He thought for a moment. The truth was he didn't do it. He tried to isolate himself as much as possible because interacting with those goons set his teeth on edge! He shrugged. "I don't know; I don't think any of us realize what we're capable of until we're tested," he said. "When I have to be around them, all I can do is try to remind myself that I'm doing it for my students and hope the love for my job will outweigh the fear."

He gave her a sad, sympathetic look, handing her a box of tissues as she wiped her tears. "I know," he said. "Every day, I worry that somebody is going to get hurt - and not just from S.O.R.E." There was any number of ways those idiot replacement professors could cause harm; he feared this was just the tip of the iceberg! "I'm so sorry. It's unfair that he keeps putting you through that; he should make accomodations for you and the other students with medical conditions." But he knew he probably wouldn't. He had to take several deep breaths to calm his rising anger. Running children ragged did not make them strong, and if Scrimgeour couldn't open his eyes long enough to see that, he was an even bigger fathead than Gaston thought! "I could try talking to Healer McMillan for you. She's very nice, not at all like the headmaster; I'm sure she'd be happy to help."

Gaston looked at Stella with sad eyes. She was breaking his heart! "It will end," he promised. "I can't promise Headmaster Scrimgeour will leave any time soon, but I'll stick around for as long as I can..." Which probably meant, until the metal armed-maniac came up with a reason to fire him. "You won't have to deal with this the whole time you're in school. If he comes back next term or if this becomes too much for you, I'll personally get you transferred to another school." He could get her into Beauxbatons with a single letter...

Before he had much time to think on the subject, Phantom's meowing distracted him. He smiled, watching Stella pet his cat, and Phantom was clearly enjoying every moment of it too! The Persian turned the white side of her face toward Stella and replied with a "meow!" Gaston laughed. "Phantom says 'thank you'," he said. But the laughter instantly turned to all-consuming rage as Stella confirmed what he thought he heard the first time.

"That cruel... heartless... evil sack of dragon dung!" he snarled, his clenched teeth all that was keeping him from shouting. He stopped short of saying a word he never uttered in a child's presence. His hands balled into fists, and his cheeks flushed a shade of Gryffinfor scarlet. Feel good about yourself now, Scrimgeour? he thought furiously. Subjugating children for showing you kindness... is that the only way you can think of to boost your pathetic ego? He wished he had him right here in his office; then he would teach that scum a lesson! HIs eyes burned like bluebell flames, and his entire body trembled.

The lights flickered on and off; pieces of parchment rustled on the desk, and there was a faint clink as a crack appeared in the glass candy dish, deepening until... everything stopped. Gaston was on his feet, though he couldn't recall standing up. He glanced around the room in a daze. Good Godric Gryffindor, what happened? "D-did I do that?" he wondered out loud, his voice sounding small and frightened. Then he remembered Stella. "Oh, my-! I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, Stella! I don't know how- this has never happened before!" He could barely bring himself to look at the poor girl.

Stella looked at him for a second and back at the candy jar in front of her with interest. " I love French chocolate, it's one of my favorite." Reaching her hand in she took a couple. "T..thank you." she said taking a bite savoring the goodness. Stella giggled at his comment. " Better stock up before Mr. Beady Eye Stone face takes it away!" she said sighing. She hated him, evil twisted snake he was!

Looking at him shaking she nodded meekly. " I..It's ok, I'm scared he's going to turn all the nice Professor's like him that don't get sacked, all the nice ones are almost gome." she said sighing. " W..we don't need anymore monsters like him, what we have is enough!" she soid shaking her head. Just the thought of all the good Professors being sacked and the school ran by cold lifeless monsters made her shiver and trembled. She wanted this year to be fun and full of adventures the only adventures she had was talking to Lucas on the wooden bridge.

Stella tilted her head at him " H..how can someone not learn to be kind to someone? I mean heck even a stuck up Purebloods that think they're better then everyone else isn't that bad!" she said honestly. "No reason at all to be mean big metal arm maniac!" she said darkly. Stella nodded. "B..But I'm just a first year I don't know what I'm capable of. " she said biting her lip. "The only thing to fear is fear itself I remind myself that alot." she said smiling weakly at him.

" T..these rules are so confusing you don't know what Professor wants what and then we get in trouble for speaking or not speaking!" she said angrily. " How is running every morning going to broaden ours mind? if nothing else it makes us more tired!" she said shaking her head. Stella laughed darkly. Yeah... that'll happen when pigs learn how to fly without magic!" she said now sighimg. Stella shook her head. " I..I don't want to get you and that kind lady into trouble, I'll feel horrible. " she said shaking her head.

Stella nodded. " A..all we can do is keep our heads up and hope for the best as my brother Phoenix tells me." Taking a drink of hot chocolate and a bite of her chocolate she started calming down. " I..I hope you don't go sir, sure will be lonely without a kind and nice adult figure to talk to." she said honestly. Stella nodded and smiled weakly at him. "R..really? I always wondered what it was like there. " sne said her eyes fill of wonder.

Stella looked down at the cat on her lap and giggled. " No thank you Phantom your a good comfort buddy!"she said still petting the cat. I love animals of all kinds magical or non magical!" she said happily but then stopped looking at Professor Marchand. He didn't look happy at all, he looked a bit scary looking. Did she say something wrong or did something wrong?

As the lights flickered off and on and parchment rustled on the desk and the candy jar broke she jumped and let out a small squeal. What was going on? she didn't know but she found herself a bit scared. Stella looked up at him her knees to her nose nodding meekly. " Y...yes sir you did." she said. " I..It's ok like accidental magic when you get angry right?" she asked him shaking.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:01 AM   #15 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12

The Hufflepuff instantly felt a bit more relaxed seeing Phantom, though there was a bit of a hollow feeling accompanying it as well. He still missed Scamander, yet another horror from that night in the pathways that was impossible to forget and he really struggled with keeping Picketta in the barn in light of everything...so it was difficult to see professors with their pets so freely. Though he knew it was a selfish difficult since students' creatures were meant to be restricted to their common rooms. It was yet another thing that brought about his unease with Jessa's kneazles.

He couldn't believe that those...and her lab...were still permitted, honestly. And he adored Jessa, knew she would never willingly hurt someone...but it was all still necromancy. A DARK art. And in light of last term...it was, well, shocking and made him incredibly uncomfortable.

"Hey," he smiled at the feline, half ignoring the offer to sit and instead laying down on the floor - half on his side to expose his stomach - and waited for Phantom to come to him again. Regrettably, he did not have any treats with him this time.

Glancing up as the Charms professor spoke, Derf shook his head. "A kneazle is fine, professor," he smiled. And yes, he could always transfigure it into something else should he wish. Work his way through smaller creatures before tackling the larger varieties. Though the thought of having a dragon-sized dummy in his dorm room and any of his dormmates walking in on him while he was practicing was amusing. Maybe a little bit of playful payback to Ian, even.

Placing his hand on the ground, palm up, his bright blues shifted once more from the kneazle back to the professor. "I don't reckon the headmaster or Professor Petrov would take well to outside communications with another magizoologist during the school term..." he assumed while swallowing a bit thickly. Considering how mail was monitored and changed...anything suggesting that he was not reaching his academic standards at Hogwarts was not in line with the image that this new reign was attempting to portray.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
Old 10-28-2018, 01:44 AM   #16 (permalink)

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5
Default ooc: Sorry for the late reply

Text Cut: Professor Marchand
Quote:
Gaston's expression darkened slightly as Daisy spoke. He had a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach that she was right; things were getting worse with each passing day. He wasn't sure how much longer he could last! He nodded. "I know, I hope so too," he said. Though secretly he doubted that would happen. Even if Scrimgeour left, the Board of Governors had made it perfectly clear that they disapproved of Regina Hawthorne. Why would they reinstate her or anyone she hired? More likely, they'd just appoint another tyrant to replace Scrimgeour.

Blink, blink. Gaston's blue eyes widened as he gasped, slightly taken aback by Daisy's reaction. There was no reason any sane person would fire him for acting in a student's best interest... but then again, Julian Scrimgeour didn't strike him as a sane person. He sighed sadly, knowing Daisy was right. Scrimgeour would find a way to use it against him, even if he had to invent a way. "Okay, I won't say anything if it makes you anxious," he said. "I just... hate that I can't do more to help. Forcing you to do exercises with your injuries is inexcusable!"

He managed to return Daisy's smile with a small, slightly sad one of his own as the conversation turned to Helena. "Yes, I got that impression when I met her," he said, realizing too late how arrogant that probably sounded. "... that she's a person with strong opinions, that is." he added. He still didn't think he'd done anything to show strength of character. Before the conversation could go much further, Gaston saw Daisy stand up. He crossed the room to open the door for her. "Leaving already?" he asked, looking at her with concern. He hadn't upset her, had he?

Daisy gave Professor Marchand a soft smile at his concern about her doing exercises with her leg the way it is. "I really appreciate your concern but I'm not going to let them win. I'll keep doing the exercises like instructed without a word to the Headmaster. Maybe I'll build up the strength in my leg. I can always have a good rest over the Summer break before next term."

She noticed that after Professor Marchand commented on her aunt, that he had a certain expression on his face. "Don't worry, sir. I get what you mean and no offence has been taken." Daisy said whilst rising from her seat. "I have some study to do and I want to make sure I'm in my common room at the right time. Thanks for the talk, Professor."

And with that, Daisy left wishing she could reveal much more of the verity of her feelings but knowing that it was best not to.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:19 AM   #17 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Stella's TL before the no food rule

Quote:
Stella looked at him for a second and back at the candy jar in front of her with interest. " I love French chocolate, it's one of my favorite." Reaching her hand in she took a couple. "T..thank you." she said taking a bite savoring the goodness. Stella giggled at his comment. " Better stock up before Mr. Beady Eye Stone face takes it away!" she said sighing. She hated him, evil twisted snake he was!

Looking at him shaking she nodded meekly. " I..It's ok, I'm scared he's going to turn all the nice Professor's like him that don't get sacked, all the nice ones are almost gome." she said sighing. " W..we don't need anymore monsters like him, what we have is enough!" she soid shaking her head. Just the thought of all the good Professors being sacked and the school ran by cold lifeless monsters made her shiver and trembled. She wanted this year to be fun and full of adventures the only adventures she had was talking to Lucas on the wooden bridge.

Stella tilted her head at him " H..how can someone not learn to be kind to someone? I mean heck even a stuck up Purebloods that think they're better then everyone else isn't that bad!" she said honestly. "No reason at all to be mean big metal arm maniac!" she said darkly. Stella nodded. "B..But I'm just a first year I don't know what I'm capable of. " she said biting her lip. "The only thing to fear is fear itself I remind myself that alot." she said smiling weakly at him.

" T..these rules are so confusing you don't know what Professor wants what and then we get in trouble for speaking or not speaking!" she said angrily. " How is running every morning going to broaden ours mind? if nothing else it makes us more tired!" she said shaking her head. Stella laughed darkly. Yeah... that'll happen when pigs learn how to fly without magic!" she said now sighimg. Stella shook her head. " I..I don't want to get you and that kind lady into trouble, I'll feel horrible. " she said shaking her head.

Stella nodded. " A..all we can do is keep our heads up and hope for the best as my brother Phoenix tells me." Taking a drink of hot chocolate and a bite of her chocolate she started calming down. " I..I hope you don't go sir, sure will be lonely without a kind and nice adult figure to talk to." she said honestly. Stella nodded and smiled weakly at him. "R..really? I always wondered what it was like there. " sne said her eyes fill of wonder.

Stella looked down at the cat on her lap and giggled. " No thank you Phantom your a good comfort buddy!"she said still petting the cat. I love animals of all kinds magical or non magical!" she said happily but then stopped looking at Professor Marchand. He didn't look happy at all, he looked a bit scary looking. Did she say something wrong or did something wrong?

As the lights flickered off and on and parchment rustled on the desk and the candy jar broke she jumped and let out a small squeal. What was going on? she didn't know but she found herself a bit scared. Stella looked up at him her knees to her nose nodding meekly. " Y...yes sir you did." she said. " I..It's ok like accidental magic when you get angry right?" she asked him shaking.

Out of the corner of his eye, Gaston saw Stella eyeing the chocolates, and he managed a small smile as she took a couple and thanked him. "You're very welcome, Stella," he said. "I'm glad you like them" He couldn't help but chuckle a little at her nickname for Scrimgeour. "That's a good name for him!" A lot nicer than the nicknames he came up with. "I have a feeling that if I stock up, he'll just take my chocolate anyway and it'll all go to waste," he added darkly. His expression softened, becoming sad and sympathetic as he looked at Stella. The poor girl was still shaking like a leaf, and he hated himself for momentarily letting his anger get the better of him. He hoped she would calm down soon; it broke his heart to see her so nervous around him! "That won't happen," he assured her, placing a comforting hand on the arm of her chair. "I can't speak for the other professors, but I will never be like Headmaster Scrimgeour!" He would rather die than become a heartless monster! "i might have to put on an act while he's around so he doesn't fire me, but that's just pretend. It's not who I really am..." She knew that, right?

Gaston rubbed his chin, silently pondering Stella's question for a few moments. "Some people..." he began, his mind searching for the right words. How could he explain it without confusing or scaring her? "...don't grow up with loving families or friends to show them what kindness is. Without anyone to show them how, they just... never learn, so they become cold and hard inside and they treat people cruelly because it's all they know." Was that what happened to Scrimgeour? He had no idea, though it wouldn't surprise him at all at this point. In a weird way, he somewhat pitied the man, but that pity would never be strong enough to excuse his actions. He couldn't hold back a laugh at the girl's next words. "Exactly!" he said, nodding. "Whatever happened to Headmaster Scrimgeour in the past, it doesn't make it right to treat people this way."

He smiled. "That's alright; you have plenty of time to learn what you're capable of," he said. It took him a long time to figure that out for himself, and there were times that he still surprised himself. Just as quickly as his expression brightened, it fell again as Stella complained about the confusing rules. "I know. It's ... a lot to handle," he said. "Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Headmaster Scrimgeour and his friends designed their rules to be as confusing as possible so they can hand out more punishments..." The thought made him sick to his stomach, but he wouldn't put it past them. They liked throwing their power around a little too much... Gaston watched Stella with concerned eyes as she shook her head. "Okay... maybe there's something else we could do," he said. I don't like the idea of letting you get sick doing S.O.R.E. What kind of Head of House would I be if I did that?" He thought for a moment; then an idea came to him. "What if I arranged to have a potion brought to your dorm for you? You'd have to go there anyway to change into your uniform before breakfast, so you could take it then. You wouldn't have to go to the hospital wing, and Headmaster Scrimgeour would never need to know."

He smiled a little as Stella mentioned her brother. "That's true," he said. Easier said than done, but still true. "Your brother sounds like a very smart young man." The chocolate appeared to be helping Stella calm down now, which Gaston was very relieved to see. He didn't like seeing his students upset and crying! He returned her smile with an equally weak one of his own as the thought of having to leave Hogwarts crossed his mind. "I can't promise Headmaster Scrimgeour won't fire me. I can't promise I'll be back next term if he's still here, but I'll always be there for you one way or another," he said, sighing sadly. "If I'm not here at Hogwarts, I'm just an owl away."

Gaston's eyes lit up as the subject turned to Beauxbatons. "Really," he said, nodding. "One of the professors there is a personal friend of mine. We... have a lot of history together." Well, that was one way to put it! His voice trailed off as his thoughts wandered to Professor Evremonde, the man who saved his life in more ways than one. "I worked with him for several year before I came here, and he was my Head of House when I was a student. One letter to him, and you'd be in!" Memories of his time there came rushing back, and he found himself rambling. "It's a beautiful school! The building used to be a palace, and there's a fountain and lots of gardens on the grounds. They have houses and a sorting ceremony, but other than that, it's not much like Hogwarts..." Well, definitely not like Hogwarts now! "Most of the professors there are very nice - not like Headmaster Scrimgeour and his friends. Well, there used to be an Astronomy teacher with a reputation for brutal punishments, but he was dismissed years ago." Was he talking too much? Probably. Gaston was quiet now to give Stella time to process the information he'd given her about Beauxbatons. The silence was broken as Phantom meowed suddenly, as if replying to the girl's thanks. "She is," he agreed, watching the pair with a small smile. "She's had lots of experience comforting people." He looked at the cat and added, "Right, Phantom?" The black and white Persian looked back at him with a meow.

Then... everything changed. In the fog of his all-consuming anger, Gaston didn't realize what was happening until Stella's squeal jerked him out of it. One minute he was talking to Phantom; the next, his candy dish was broken and poor Stella was shaking again. His heart sank as she confirmed what he already suspected. Now the question was how? He'd never lost control of his magic like that before... though he couldn't recall being that angry before either. Did that mean... Did he have more in common with the thing he almost became than he thought? And if so, how was he still alive? He was so distracted trying to make sense of it that to took him a moment to register Stella's question. "Y-yeah, something like that," he stammered absentmindedly. He leaned against his desk, still trembling violently... this time trembling with fear and sadness instead of anger. His eyes darted from Stella to the broken candy dish, and his heart dropped as he realized just how much worse it could've been. What if the next time he lost control of his anger, he did more than break a candy dish? Oh, good Godric Gryffindor! He could've really hurt Stella without even knowing it... and who's to say he didn't? Poor girl was probably terrified of him now! He suddenly had to bite his lip and pinch at the inner corners of his eyes to stop himself from crying. Eventually he regained enough composure to speak, "I-I don't know exactly what just happened to me, but I didn't mean to hurt or scare you. I would never do that on purpose." Would Stella believe him?

Text Cut: Derf
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
The Hufflepuff instantly felt a bit more relaxed seeing Phantom, though there was a bit of a hollow feeling accompanying it as well. He still missed Scamander, yet another horror from that night in the pathways that was impossible to forget and he really struggled with keeping Picketta in the barn in light of everything...so it was difficult to see professors with their pets so freely. Though he knew it was a selfish difficult since students' creatures were meant to be restricted to their common rooms. It was yet another thing that brought about his unease with Jessa's kneazles.

He couldn't believe that those...and her lab...were still permitted, honestly. And he adored Jessa, knew she would never willingly hurt someone...but it was all still necromancy. A DARK art. And in light of last term...it was, well, shocking and made him incredibly uncomfortable.

"Hey," he smiled at the feline, half ignoring the offer to sit and instead laying down on the floor - half on his side to expose his stomach - and waited for Phantom to come to him again. Regrettably, he did not have any treats with him this time.

Glancing up as the Charms professor spoke, Derf shook his head. "A kneazle is fine, professor," he smiled. And yes, he could always transfigure it into something else should he wish. Work his way through smaller creatures before tackling the larger varieties. Though the thought of having a dragon-sized dummy in his dorm room and any of his dormmates walking in on him while he was practicing was amusing. Maybe a little bit of playful payback to Ian, even.

Placing his hand on the ground, palm up, his bright blues shifted once more from the kneazle back to the professor. "I don't reckon the headmaster or Professor Petrov would take well to outside communications with another magizoologist during the school term..." he assumed while swallowing a bit thickly. Considering how mail was monitored and changed...anything suggesting that he was not reaching his academic standards at Hogwarts was not in line with the image that this new reign was attempting to portray.

Gaston couldn't help but smile as Phantom made her appearance, and it took a lot to get him to smile these days. Bllink, blink. He was a little taken aback as he watched Derf lay on the floor, but he wasn't bothered by it. Phantom seemed to share his confusion, as she looked at the Hufflepuff prefect, tilting her head to one side with a questioning "meow?". After a minute or two, she walked up to him and flopped over on her back in front of him. "Meow!" she said insistently, which was Phantom speak for "Pet me, hooman!"

Gaston refocused his attention on the matter at hand as Derf spoke. "Good," he replied. He returned the prefect's smile for a moment before his expression turned serious. "I wouldn't be giving you this if I thought it was against the rules. It should be clear that this dummy is an educational tool, not a toy, however I wouldn't put it past Headmaster Scrimgeour and his friends to twist the rules. Keep this in your bag until you get back to your common room. If you like, I can disillusion it for you too, just in case."

He was silent for a few moments to give Derf time to ask any questions he might have. Then the subject turned to outside help from another magizoologist; Gaston nodded. "No, I don't suppose they would," he said with a sound that was something between a scoff and a sarcastic laugh. Of course these tyrants protecting their image would matter more than actually helping students reach their full potential. What sad, backwards logic! He had to take several deep breaths to calm his rising anger.

"Then it doesn't have to be during the school term," he said with a roguish gleam in his eye. He never said he would contact anyone from inside the school! "If you need more help than Professor Petrov can give, tell me, and I can try to arrange something over the summer." Scrimgeour had no authority over them outside the school, and besides, he wouldn't be coming back next term if that metal-armed monster was! "I can write from home or my parents' house in France. Headmaster Scrimgeour and Professor Petrov never have to know." His eyes shifted to the boy's face to gauge his reaction to the offer.

Quote:

Daisy gave Professor Marchand a soft smile at his concern about her doing exercises with her leg the way it is. "I really appreciate your concern but I'm not going to let them win. I'll keep doing the exercises like instructed without a word to the Headmaster. Maybe I'll build up the strength in my leg. I can always have a good rest over the Summer break before next term."

She noticed that after Professor Marchand commented on her aunt, that he had a certain expression on his face. "Don't worry, sir. I get what you mean and no offence has been taken." Daisy said whilst rising from her seat. "I have some study to do and I want to make sure I'm in my common room at the right time. Thanks for the talk, Professor."

And with that, Daisy left wishing she could reveal much more of the verity of her feelings but knowing that it was best not to.

Gaston returned Daisy's smile with a small, sad one of his own, but it didn't last long. He felt so small and useless, knowing there was so little he could do to help her. This was so wrong in so many ways! Rules were supposed to be put in place to keep students from harm, not be the thing that harms them! What kind of Deputy Headmaster can't protect his students? he inwardly berated himself. Daisy's words jerked him out of his dark thoughts, and his eyes widened slightly. He hadn't expected her to look at it that way!

"That's a nice way to look at the situation... very brave of you, Daisy," he said, beaming. He wished he could have even half her bravery and optimism right now, but his own past kept him from finding anything good about the current circumstances. He knew firsthand how damaging a school run by tyrants could be; he couldn't shake the fear that history was going to repeat itself.

He shook his head to make the bad thoughts die as Daisy spoke of her aunt. He nodded, relieved that his comments hadn't come across the wrong way. "I'm glad that didn't come out wrong. Your aunt seems like a wonderful person," he said. Her parting words got another nod from the professor as he stood, holding the door open. "I understand. Good luck in your studies. If you need help with anything else, you know where to find me."

Old 11-07-2018, 03:12 AM   #18 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12

He missed this, being able to be in the comfort of your own space with your familiar. Well, Picketta was technically something much more than a familiar seeing as he had become a Home Tree to the bowtruckle...but still. With Scamander's passing and no other official pet of his own, the bowtruckle was the closest fit to the role. And he had to keep her in the barn. Professor Wayland had somewhat turned a blind eye to the whole thing - only fair as far as the Hufflepuff was concerned and it wasn't as though he were asking for his own lab or anything - but Professor Petrov, well, it seemed common place for staff to be exceptions to these rules seeing as the man was able to walk around as freely as he pleased with that exquisite serpent around his neck and shoulders. So, there was a bit of a sad smile as Phantom joined him on the floor - the whole point in displaying to her that he was no threat to her. Perhaps a reminder of it given the somewhat hostile climate of Hogwarts these days.

"You don't need to explain yourself, professor," the sixth year said soothingly, his fingers gently dancing over the dark fur of the feline. "Dad charmed my briefcase when I turned 11 to act like Newt Scamander's, so it'll fit just fine. No need to, you know, act suspicious and incriminate ourselves with a disillusionment charm." Because, well, like what had happened in the joint lesson with Arithmancy and Ancient Runes, disillusionment charms were meant to cover up things that were not 'right' ... and he didn't want this exchange to be tainted by those sorts of undertones. Professor Marchand was trying to be an educator, nod some dodgy dealer on the potions black market.

He really hadn't meant to upset the Charms professor with his observation, but it was all written so clearly on his face. Hogwarts was...really taking it's toll on the man, you know? Derf sometimes felt himself wondering if the man's pride got in the way of things...because he always seemed so unhappy here at Hogwarts. Like it was all just too much for him. Being an emotional person wasn't a bad thing and Derf valued empathy above loads of other traits, but it hurt going to lessons and seeing the man look more and more like a shell each time. And so easily set off by a simple statement too!

"It's all right, professor," he smiled, his fingers now moving to scratch Phantom behind the ears. "I kinda tend to load up my summers with things anyway. Dad has loads of connections with people in environmental professors, so I get plenty of exposure to creatures. I even got to do some hands on observation and care in the Galápagos Islands a couple of summers ago. Also, well, that tone...you know...doing things behind people's backs...sorta...you know...I don't want my passion to be tainted in that way...if you know what I mean..." Derf had always been proactive about his future with creatures, even before his proper schooling began. And, well, he was well aware that his words were a bit hypocritical, but he was just a student. Hearing that come from a professor - a head of house AND deputy headmaster at that - was a little nerve-wrecking. He just wanted to get through the rest of this term without loading on more guilt and anxiety, you know? "But...I do appreciate the offer. If you hear of an opportunity that might benefit me I wouldn't, you know, turn up my nose at it! Also have my last summer on the U-17 team, so it's gonna be sorta busy."

Old 11-09-2018, 11:11 PM   #19 (permalink)

DERP & DMC
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cassidy Raine
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryson Blacknight
Hufflepuff
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Zunther

Ministry RPG Name:
Serena Morningstar
Default TL before food and drink rules

Quote:

Out of the corner of his eye, Gaston saw Stella eyeing the chocolates, and he managed a small smile as she took a couple and thanked him. "You're very welcome, Stella," he said. "I'm glad you like them" He couldn't help but chuckle a little at her nickname for Scrimgeour. "That's a good name for him!" A lot nicer than the nicknames he came up with. "I have a feeling that if I stock up, he'll just take my chocolate anyway and it'll all go to waste," he added darkly. His expression softened, becoming sad and sympathetic as he looked at Stella. The poor girl was still shaking like a leaf, and he hated himself for momentarily letting his anger get the better of him. He hoped she would calm down soon; it broke his heart to see her so nervous around him! "That won't happen," he assured her, placing a comforting hand on the arm of her chair. "I can't speak for the other professors, but I will never be like Headmaster Scrimgeour!" He would rather die than become a heartless monster! "i might have to put on an act while he's around so he doesn't fire me, but that's just pretend. It's not who I really am..." She knew that, right?

Gaston rubbed his chin, silently pondering Stella's question for a few moments. "Some people..." he began, his mind searching for the right words. How could he explain it without confusing or scaring her? "...don't grow up with loving families or friends to show them what kindness is. Without anyone to show them how, they just... never learn, so they become cold and hard inside and they treat people cruelly because it's all they know." Was that what happened to Scrimgeour? He had no idea, though it wouldn't surprise him at all at this point. In a weird way, he somewhat pitied the man, but that pity would never be strong enough to excuse his actions. He couldn't hold back a laugh at the girl's next words. "Exactly!" he said, nodding. "Whatever happened to Headmaster Scrimgeour in the past, it doesn't make it right to treat people this way."

He smiled. "That's alright; you have plenty of time to learn what you're capable of," he said. It took him a long time to figure that out for himself, and there were times that he still surprised himself. Just as quickly as his expression brightened, it fell again as Stella complained about the confusing rules. "I know. It's ... a lot to handle," he said. "Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Headmaster Scrimgeour and his friends designed their rules to be as confusing as possible so they can hand out more punishments..." The thought made him sick to his stomach, but he wouldn't put it past them. They liked throwing their power around a little too much... Gaston watched Stella with concerned eyes as she shook her head. "Okay... maybe there's something else we could do," he said. I don't like the idea of letting you get sick doing S.O.R.E. What kind of Head of House would I be if I did that?" He thought for a moment; then an idea came to him. "What if I arranged to have a potion brought to your dorm for you? You'd have to go there anyway to change into your uniform before breakfast, so you could take it then. You wouldn't have to go to the hospital wing, and Headmaster Scrimgeour would never need to know."

He smiled a little as Stella mentioned her brother. "That's true," he said. Easier said than done, but still true. "Your brother sounds like a very smart young man." The chocolate appeared to be helping Stella calm down now, which Gaston was very relieved to see. He didn't like seeing his students upset and crying! He returned her smile with an equally weak one of his own as the thought of having to leave Hogwarts crossed his mind. "I can't promise Headmaster Scrimgeour won't fire me. I can't promise I'll be back next term if he's still here, but I'll always be there for you one way or another," he said, sighing sadly. "If I'm not here at Hogwarts, I'm just an owl away."

Gaston's eyes lit up as the subject turned to Beauxbatons. "Really," he said, nodding. "One of the professors there is a personal friend of mine. We... have a lot of history together." Well, that was one way to put it! His voice trailed off as his thoughts wandered to Professor Evremonde, the man who saved his life in more ways than one. "I worked with him for several year before I came here, and he was my Head of House when I was a student. One letter to him, and you'd be in!" Memories of his time there came rushing back, and he found himself rambling. "It's a beautiful school! The building used to be a palace, and there's a fountain and lots of gardens on the grounds. They have houses and a sorting ceremony, but other than that, it's not much like Hogwarts..." Well, definitely not like Hogwarts now! "Most of the professors there are very nice - not like Headmaster Scrimgeour and his friends. Well, there used to be an Astronomy teacher with a reputation for brutal punishments, but he was dismissed years ago." Was he talking too much? Probably. Gaston was quiet now to give Stella time to process the information he'd given her about Beauxbatons. The silence was broken as Phantom meowed suddenly, as if replying to the girl's thanks. "She is," he agreed, watching the pair with a small smile. "She's had lots of experience comforting people." He looked at the cat and added, "Right, Phantom?" The black and white Persian looked back at him with a meow.

Then... everything changed. In the fog of his all-consuming anger, Gaston didn't realize what was happening until Stella's squeal jerked him out of it. One minute he was talking to Phantom; the next, his candy dish was broken and poor Stella was shaking again. His heart sank as she confirmed what he already suspected. Now the question was how? He'd never lost control of his magic like that before... though he couldn't recall being that angry before either. Did that mean... Did he have more in common with the thing he almost became than he thought? And if so, how was he still alive? He was so distracted trying to make sense of it that to took him a moment to register Stella's question. "Y-yeah, something like that," he stammered absentmindedly. He leaned against his desk, still trembling violently... this time trembling with fear and sadness instead of anger. His eyes darted from Stella to the broken candy dish, and his heart dropped as he realized just how much worse it could've been. What if the next time he lost control of his anger, he did more than break a candy dish? Oh, good Godric Gryffindor! He could've really hurt Stella without even knowing it... and who's to say he didn't? Poor girl was probably terrified of him now! He suddenly had to bite his lip and pinch at the inner corners of his eyes to stop himself from crying. Eventually he regained enough composure to speak, "I-I don't know exactly what just happened to me, but I didn't mean to hurt or scare you. I would never do that on purpose." Would Stella believe him?
Swallowing her chocolate she lolked up at him. "These are really good, probably the best French Chocolate I had in awhile, my mum makes French Fudge Cakes those are heaven as well!" she said taking another bite. Stella giggled. "Well... it suits him doesn't it? I also call him Mr. Metal Arm as well, cause it's what he is isn't it?"[/b] she asked him tilting her head. Stella frowned and shivered at the thought of that, she didn't want to think about that! "Probably right about that, god knows what he'll band next " she said sighing. Stella looked at him and smiled weakly. "G...Good we don't need anymore like him, and you don't seem like the kind of person to be mean unless you have to." she said. She was a very observant person, she could tell that just by the time she known him. Stella nodded and frowned sadly. "I guess we both have to put up a act so we don't get into trouble huh?" she asked him curiously. "I mean you got to be the way you are when you're around him, and I got to one of his perfect toy soldiers, one mess up and your sacked and I'm in alot of trouble. " she said sighing.

Stella looked at him and nodded. " D...Do you think he never had love as well so it left him to be this way, or he was raised this way himself so this is how he became what he is?" Stella asked him tilting her head. She did wonder what what the Headmaster this way, surely he wasn't always this way was he? She didn't know, but if he was she sort of felt sorry for him. "What? It's true, he's a maniac for making us follow all these stupid rules and running every morning!" she said darkly. "Whatever it is, doesn't mean he should be cold and mean to others!" she said taking a bite of her chocolate to calm herself down.

She nodded and smiled weakly. " You're right, like I said I'm still a first year, I got plenty of time to discover what I'm capable of. " she said looking up at him. "You know I think you're right, and I wouldn't doubt that's what they have in mind. " she said darkly scoffing at the thought of it. She could understand that they wantes them to follow the rules but push ups and stuff when they don't, was what was this military school? She looked up at him sadly before she looked at him worried, she didn't want to get him or the school nurse into trouble, they were really nice. She nodded and smiled weakly. " T...That'll be nice thank you, I don't like getting sick and it's hard to hide at timesm" she said sighing.

" I..I try doing that, but sometimes it's easier said then done at times, but I have hope and I'm hanging onto that." she said smiling at him. Stella nodded. "I think he is, I look up to him he's a lion and a fifth year." she said proudly. Taking a sip of her hot chocolate she looked at the French novels her eyes scanning them. "These all look interesting, I like french novels I love books. " she said looking at the novels. Stella looked at him and nodded. " I hope you stay here for as long as you can, if you're still here when it's my seventh year that'll be great but I don't know if you will be!" she said rambling.

She needed. At this point going to another school didn't soind bad right now, anything to get away from the Headmaster and his minions. "Wow...that's amazing you know someone from another school, I hope I do the same!" she said happily. Stella listened to him,and nodded, he seem to really love that school by the way he was talking it made her smile. "Wow....sounds amazing and beautiful, Hogwarts is pretty cool though well... the school itself and some of the Professors." she said. "She's very soft and looks like a good cuddle buddy for comfort. " she said petting Phantom.

Stella looked at him shaking. "I...It's ok, i..it's not like you meant to do it right?" she asked. Looking at the now broken candy dish she bit her lip. "A..Are you ok Professor?" she asked him looking over him worried.

Last edited by Granger Danger; 11-09-2018 at 11:17 PM.