FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9872
Classes: 15
Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 1188 users online including...
PhoenixRising , Helios Sunrider , Ver , Natashacvy , Natashafdo

7 members
1181 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmistress: Regina Hawthorne's Reign > Term 48: January - April 2018

Term 48: January - April 2018 Term Forty-Eight: Flight of the Hawk (Sept 2094 - June 2095)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2017, 01:50 AM

Default Fourth-Floor Corridor

The fourth floor is the quietest floor in all of Hogwarts. Those who have been here long enough and know the layout know this as an obvious fact because the primary features of this floor are the Library and Study Hall. To soften your steps as you make your way around, a carpet drapes the entire floor of the corridor. Remember to keep your voice at a whisper because there's important studying going on in this part of the castle!

You will find large green vases placed in the corners of the corridor as well as a number of portraits. There really isn't anything exciting about the vases, though Peeves is known to pick them up and throw them at unsuspecting passersby -- it is strongly advised that you always stay alert. As for the portraits, you will likely notice right away that most of them are of peaceful landscapes. Nevertheless, you will eventually come across Brutus Scrimgeour (author of The Beaters' Bible), Hengist of Woodcraft (founder of Hogsmeade), and Edward Rabnott (a wizard with three different personalities).
Old 02-12-2018, 06:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Class had just ended and Zita was headed out. She had a date today, but not your normal date, she had a date with her leaves. Since she was getting better at the leaf weaving she was going to start giving away some of her bracelets to friends and maybe even a few randoms just to get them shown, get people interested before she made them the hip new trend. She had already given one to Liam, maybe she should ask if anyone had noticed it or liked them.

Though what if people thought badly of them, what would that do to her reputation.
Ugh, she really didn't know whether or not to actually give them to anyone. Why had she given it to Liam, though he did say he liked it. Was he just being nice? Was he doing it to make her look bad? She couldn't be sure, they weren't fully friends again, but she was trying. He had to have known she was trying.

Her thoughts had her so engrossed she hadn't been paying attention to the corridor around her.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
Default Zita :)
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

Holding a stack of books much higher than her own head probably wasn't the best idea. She was hurrying down the corridor, on her way to the library to return said books, and unable to see where she was going. The quietness of the corridor falsely lead her to believe that she was alone.

She was picking up speed about mid-way, then suddenly her foot caught on something and she was falling, face first, onto the floor. Her stack of books went flying forward and scattered down the corridor. "Humpf" she groaned as she hit the ground. The air whooshed out of her on impact. A bit dazed by her sudden fall, Emmalyn looked around to see what she had tripped on.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Zita. I didn't see you there." The blushing crimson crept up her cheeks as she fumbled trying to untangle her lets from her school robes. "Did I hurt you?" She hoped her foot had only caught the edge of Zita's shoe, but she wasn't sure.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:03 AM   #4 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom View Post
Holding a stack of books much higher than her own head probably wasn't the best idea. She was hurrying down the corridor, on her way to the library to return said books, and unable to see where she was going. The quietness of the corridor falsely lead her to believe that she was alone.

She was picking up speed about mid-way, then suddenly her foot caught on something and she was falling, face first, onto the floor. Her stack of books went flying forward and scattered down the corridor. "Humpf" she groaned as she hit the ground. The air whooshed out of her on impact. A bit dazed by her sudden fall, Emmalyn looked around to see what she had tripped on.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Zita. I didn't see you there." The blushing crimson crept up her cheeks as she fumbled trying to untangle her lets from her school robes. "Did I hurt you?" She hoped her foot had only caught the edge of Zita's shoe, but she wasn't sure.
What the...

One minute she was walking with her mind on other things the next moment she was being tripped over. Zita couldn't even focus on what was going on before the girl and her books were all over the floor. It wasn't until her name was said that it even registered who she was. A first year, Hufflepuff,
that knew her name, but of course, everyone knew her name she was Zita Vella and everyone wanted to know her name.

The problem was did Zita know the girls? She felt like she should or it would be rude. Her eyes focused on the girls face for a moment, she did recognize it, but name, name, what was the name? "Are you alright sweetie?"
That could do for now as she bent down and picked up a few books. Doing that could show she was trying to be helpful, but really she was seeing what type of books the girl had, was there a name on any of them, and was this girl cool enough to be in the presence of Zita.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post

What the...

One minute she was walking with her mind on other things the next moment she was being tripped over. Zita couldn't even focus on what was going on before the girl and her books were all over the floor. It wasn't until her name was said that it even registered who she was. A first year, Hufflepuff,
that knew her name, but of course, everyone knew her name she was Zita Vella and everyone wanted to know her name.

The problem was did Zita know the girls? She felt like she should or it would be rude. Her eyes focused on the girls face for a moment, she did recognize it, but name, name, what was the name? "Are you alright sweetie?"
That could do for now as she bent down and picked up a few books. Doing that could show she was trying to be helpful, but really she was seeing what type of books the girl had, was there a name on any of them, and was this girl cool enough to be in the presence of Zita.
Thankful for the help picking up the books, Emmalyn made quick work of picking up the remaining and putting them back in a stack. She probably had every single book the library had about quidditch. The history, famous matches and players, advanced flying, tricks to impress the crowd, and so on. Her team had a game coming up soon and she had to be the best chaser she could be.

"I'm okay. Nothing broken and I don't think any of the books are worse for wear." She got to her feet and picked up her towering pile of books, making sure to keep her hands as waist level so she could attempt to see over the top of the stack. "Sorry again. I didn't hear anyone in the hall and I wasn't being as careful as I should have been." She didn't know why her luck was to always end up making a fool of herself around the older kids. She never did anything foolish around her fellow first years.

"What are you up to? Any fun plans?" Ugh. That was probably a silly question. They were in one of the most boring corridors in the entire castle. The library and study hall were really the only reasons to be there. "Oh, I'm Emmalyn. First year Hufflepuff. We have some classes together, but I don't think I've ever sat with you."
Old 02-17-2018, 02:53 AM   #6 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

Quote:
Thankful for the help picking up the books, Emmalyn made quick work of picking up the remaining and putting them back in a stack. She probably had every single book the library had about quidditch. The history, famous matches and players, advanced flying, tricks to impress the crowd, and so on. Her team had a game coming up soon and she had to be the best chaser she could be.

"I'm okay. Nothing broken and I don't think any of the books are worse for wear." She got to her feet and picked up her towering pile of books, making sure to keep her hands as waist level so she could attempt to see over the top of the stack. "Sorry again. I didn't hear anyone in the hall and I wasn't being as careful as I should have been." She didn't know why her luck was to always end up making a fool of herself around the older kids. She never did anything foolish around her fellow first years.

"What are you up to? Any fun plans?" Ugh. That was probably a silly question. They were in one of the most boring corridors in the entire castle. The library and study hall were really the only reasons to be there. "Oh, I'm Emmalyn. First year Hufflepuff. We have some classes together, but I don't think I've ever sat with you."
Glancing at the books Z was curious about all the quidditch books. Was she muggleborn or just trying to get in better with the quidditch crowd? She wouldn't blame her for wanting to get in better with them, they were a popular group, she was friends with many of them.
"Do you play?" She gestured towards the books that she had just picked up.

"It's not a problem at all, I was just headed towards the library."
She wasn't, but it would sound kind of lame if she said she was going nowhere. The girl go a little bit of a look about not sitting with her, of course, she hadn't sat with her, she was a first year. "Well there are lots of students in the class, so it can be hard to sit near everyone, but next time we are in a class together you are welcome to sit next to me." Every younger student's dream and you miss puff just got an invitation.

Now what she was doing, well she could say something lame but she really didn't want to, "Well I was headed to the library to do some top secret research in the restricted section." That sounded super cool and something that would make Zita look good in front of the girl.
Old 02-20-2018, 06:15 AM   #7 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office

Quote:
Glancing at the books Z was curious about all the quidditch books. Was she muggleborn or just trying to get in better with the quidditch crowd? She wouldn't blame her for wanting to get in better with them, they were a popular group, she was friends with many of them.
"Do you play?" She gestured towards the books that she had just picked up.

"It's not a problem at all, I was just headed towards the library."
She wasn't, but it would sound kind of lame if she said she was going nowhere. The girl go a little bit of a look about not sitting with her, of course, she hadn't sat with her, she was a first year. "Well there are lots of students in the class, so it can be hard to sit near everyone, but next time we are in a class together you are welcome to sit next to me." Every younger student's dream and you miss puff just got an invitation.

Now what she was doing, well she could say something lame but she really didn't want to, "Well I was headed to the library to do some top secret research in the restricted section." That sounded super cool and something that would make Zita look good in front of the girl.
'Do I play??' she thought to herself. She wondered how Zita couldn't know. Hadn't Zita seen how amazing she was during the last game? Emmalyn was the youngest chaser on the Hufflepuff team. "Yeah, I play. Chaser. I'm a chaser for the Hufflepuff team." Why else would anyone read so many books about quidditch? "I was doing a bit of research for the next game."

She nodded in agreement "Yes, there are a lot of students in the classes. It would be hard to sit next to everyone." And the fact that most older students avoided first years. "I'd love to sit by you during our next class together." Her smile was genuine and her little Hufflepuff heart grew with the hope of gaining another friend. Zita seemed to be kind and Emmalyn was always looking for more friends.

"The restricted section?" She whistled "What ever are you in search of in the restricted section?" That was quite interesting. She thought about how she could tag along and see what Zita was up to. "I'll walk with you to the library. I need to return these books." Emmalyn hoisted her giant tower of books up a bit higher, hoping to not topple them over in the process.
Old 02-23-2018, 03:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

Quote:
'Do I play??' she thought to herself. She wondered how Zita couldn't know. Hadn't Zita seen how amazing she was during the last game? Emmalyn was the youngest chaser on the Hufflepuff team. "Yeah, I play. Chaser. I'm a chaser for the Hufflepuff team." Why else would anyone read so many books about quidditch? "I was doing a bit of research for the next game."

She nodded in agreement "Yes, there are a lot of students in the classes. It would be hard to sit next to everyone." And the fact that most older students avoided first years. "I'd love to sit by you during our next class together." Her smile was genuine and her little Hufflepuff heart grew with the hope of gaining another friend. Zita seemed to be kind and Emmalyn was always looking for more friends.

"The restricted section?" She whistled "What ever are you in search of in the restricted section?" That was quite interesting. She thought about how she could tag along and see what Zita was up to. "I'll walk with you to the library. I need to return these books." Emmalyn hoisted her giant tower of books up a bit higher, hoping to not topple them over in the process.
This girl was... interesting, did she really think someone like Zita Valla cared about other house quidditch teams? The girl didn't have muscles and wasn't a boy, so she would go unnoticed. "I don't like flying and am not a big fan of the sport." She was a fan, but mainly a look at the hot boys on brooms fan. "That's very cute that you are so excited about it."

Of course, she would be excited to sit with her, who wouldn't be excited. She was one of the popular girls and everyone knew it. "Just find me, I'm usually near the cutest guys in class." Flipping her hair over her shoulder and making sure she was standing in the best light just in case one of those cute boys were walking by.

She was a nosy little thing wasn't she? This showed potential actually and Zita gave her a look over. Maybe she was girl squad mini material. She had the girl from the hot springs and now this one. She could certainly start forming a mini version of her friends with these younger girls. Someone to pass the gossip columns on to. What was she going to say about the restricted section though, "Oh just a history assignment I was working on, wanted to see if there were any books about the darkest wizards that ever lived." Would that even be in there? She had no clue, but why not say it anyway.

Oh she was going to come with her, well then now she'd have to figure out how she was getting in there since she clearly didn't have the note tucked away giving her permission. "Splendid"
Old 02-25-2018, 07:25 AM   #9 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office

Quote:
This girl was... interesting, did she really think someone like Zita Valla cared about other house quidditch teams? The girl didn't have muscles and wasn't a boy, so she would go unnoticed. "I don't like flying and am not a big fan of the sport." She was a fan, but mainly a look at the hot boys on brooms fan. "That's very cute that you are so excited about it."

Of course, she would be excited to sit with her, who wouldn't be excited. She was one of the popular girls and everyone knew it. "Just find me, I'm usually near the cutest guys in class." Flipping her hair over her shoulder and making sure she was standing in the best light just in case one of those cute boys were walking by.

She was a nosy little thing wasn't she? This showed potential actually and Zita gave her a look over. Maybe she was girl squad mini material. She had the girl from the hot springs and now this one. She could certainly start forming a mini version of her friends with these younger girls. Someone to pass the gossip columns on to. What was she going to say about the restricted section though, "Oh just a history assignment I was working on, wanted to see if there were any books about the darkest wizards that ever lived." Would that even be in there? She had no clue, but why not say it anyway.

Oh she was going to come with her, well then now she'd have to figure out how she was getting in there since she clearly didn't have the note tucked away giving her permission. "Splendid"

She doesn't like flying or sports. Hmm, that was sad. Emmalyn didn't know what she would do without sports and flying was the only class she didn't feel like a complete fool in. To each their own. "It is,isn't it." She responded to her comment. She was cute and she was very excited about it.

"Oh, so you sit by Derf a lot? I mean, the boys, the older boys, the cute ones" she stopped before she said anything else, hoping above all else that Zita didn't notice her saying Derf's name. How could she have been so careless? She hadn't told any of her friends about her crush on the most amazingly handsome quidditch player in the school. The heat of her embarrassment worked its way to her ears and she desperately hoped to change the conversation away from boys.

"So, anyway, your history assignment. I can help you research, if you want. I'm good with books. Spells, not so much, but books I'm good with." She gestured to the pile of books still in her arms. Plus, the restricted section was fascinating to her. She'd never been in or looked at any of the books from there. "Do you get to take the restricted books to the study tables? I might need to get a pass to help you if you can't." Nodding her head to signal that she would follow "We should get to work. Lead the way and I'll follow" She giggled "and, I'll try not to trip over your feet again."
Old 03-02-2018, 04:25 PM   #10 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

Quote:
She doesn't like flying or sports. Hmm, that was sad. Emmalyn didn't know what she would do without sports and flying was the only class she didn't feel like a complete fool in. To each their own. "It is,isn't it." She responded to her comment. She was cute and she was very excited about it.

"Oh, so you sit by Derf a lot? I mean, the boys, the older boys, the cute ones" she stopped before she said anything else, hoping above all else that Zita didn't notice her saying Derf's name. How could she have been so careless? She hadn't told any of her friends about her crush on the most amazingly handsome quidditch player in the school. The heat of her embarrassment worked its way to her ears and she desperately hoped to change the conversation away from boys.

"So, anyway, your history assignment. I can help you research, if you want. I'm good with books. Spells, not so much, but books I'm good with." She gestured to the pile of books still in her arms. Plus, the restricted section was fascinating to her. She'd never been in or looked at any of the books from there. "Do you get to take the restricted books to the study tables? I might need to get a pass to help you if you can't." Nodding her head to signal that she would follow "We should get to work. Lead the way and I'll follow" She giggled "and, I'll try not to trip over your feet again."

A smirk crossed her face and she forced herself not to roll her eyes. She had been over her feelings for Derf awhile ago, but it was interesting how many people liked him. Was it his badge or was it because he was so sweet and just nice to everyone? She couldn't figure it out, but she'd found it amusing just the same.

"Of course I sit with the cute ones. I can't possibly sit by the ugly ones.
What would that do to my reputation?"
This little one had a lot of potential with her taste in boys, but also had so much to learn. It was so good that Zita found her before someone awful like Juni took her under her wing.

She was still on the damn restricted section and now Zita had to get her off of it and she knew exactly how. "Oh that can wait, lets talk about Derf more. You play quidditch with him and are crushing on him aren't you?"
She grinned with a mischievous smile. She could do the boy talk well. "I think having an older crush is always good, I mean they will never like you back because you are too young, but you learn from that crush. My first crush was the fourth year at the time too. He was the most amazing boy, protected me from the evil monster that was lurking around the castle. We are still very good friends."
Old 03-09-2018, 10:39 PM   #11 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office

Quote:
A smirk crossed her face and she forced herself not to roll her eyes. She had been over her feelings for Derf awhile ago, but it was interesting how many people liked him. Was it his badge or was it because he was so sweet and just nice to everyone? She couldn't figure it out, but she'd found it amusing just the same.

"Of course I sit with the cute ones. I can't possibly sit by the ugly ones.
What would that do to my reputation?"
This little one had a lot of potential with her taste in boys, but also had so much to learn. It was so good that Zita found her before someone awful like Juni took her under her wing.

She was still on the damn restricted section and now Zita had to get her off of it and she knew exactly how. "Oh that can wait, lets talk about Derf more. You play quidditch with him and are crushing on him aren't you?"
She grinned with a mischievous smile. She could do the boy talk well. "I think having an older crush is always good, I mean they will never like you back because you are too young, but you learn from that crush. My first crush was the fourth year at the time too. He was the most amazing boy, protected me from the evil monster that was lurking around the castle. We are still very good friends."
Hoping to get going to the library, the stack of books she was holding was getting rather heavy, Emmalyn had started moving forward. Then, she stopped. Zita had noticed her Derf slip. She gulped as she slight panic and embarrassment rose inside her. But, wait, reputation?? She had a reputation? Emmalyn had known she was unobservant of the other students, well, most of the older student. She hadn’t heard any stories or warnings about Zita. She made a mental note to check with Daisy back in the dorms.

She could do this. She could talk about HIM to another girl. That was safe, right? “Well, he’s quite easy on the eyes.” She paused a moment. “Have you seen him play? It’s amazing. He has to be the best player on the team.” Her smile grew with every word she said about Derf. He was older, but not that much older. Plus, guys like younger women, so she still had a chance.

“Did you ever tell the guy you liked?” She wanted to say something to Derf almost every time she saw him, but was too afraid he would laugh at her. “You really don’t think he could ever like me back? So, what do I do?” Her heart pounded with worry over the conversation and she gave up on holding the stack of books and sat them at her feet. She had to know more from Zita about boys and crushes. “Do you have a boyfriend now?”Maybe Zita gave up too soon on her crush? Maybe not, but she had to know there was some hope.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:54 PM   #12 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

Quote:
Hoping to get going to the library, the stack of books she was holding was getting rather heavy, Emmalyn had started moving forward. Then, she stopped. Zita had noticed her Derf slip. She gulped as she slight panic and embarrassment rose inside her. But, wait, reputation?? She had a reputation? Emmalyn had known she was unobservant of the other students, well, most of the older student. She hadn’t heard any stories or warnings about Zita. She made a mental note to check with Daisy back in the dorms.

She could do this. She could talk about HIM to another girl. That was safe, right? “Well, he’s quite easy on the eyes.” She paused a moment. “Have you seen him play? It’s amazing. He has to be the best player on the team.” Her smile grew with every word she said about Derf. He was older, but not that much older. Plus, guys like younger women, so she still had a chance.

“Did you ever tell the guy you liked?” She wanted to say something to Derf almost every time she saw him, but was too afraid he would laugh at her. “You really don’t think he could ever like me back? So, what do I do?” Her heart pounded with worry over the conversation and she gave up on holding the stack of books and sat them at her feet. She had to know more from Zita about boys and crushes. “Do you have a boyfriend now?”Maybe Zita gave up too soon on her crush? Maybe not, but she had to know there was some hope.
Oh she was cute, goodness look how naive she was on everything. Zita had found her Protégé, she just knew it. "Well yes he is easy on the eyes and the lips." She had kissed him at the feast and she was now starting to regret she hadn't tried again, but that was over and she had moved on. "Well, of course, I have seen him play, I don't like to fly, but I do love to watch a boy in uniform. "

Was there anything more fun?

Z couldn't help but laugh when she asked if she had asked him, oh Bently, Bently, the memories of that cute boy in the corridors flooded back to her. "Well, of course, I told him and of course he told me I was too young. The age difference is the problem, but maybe once I've graduated and it isn't such a big deal anymore, maybe then I'll grab his attention." That part should be obvious to anyone, but she remembered being that first year determined she wasn't a baby and now that she was fifteen, she knew she had been. "I think he would be flattered and be super sweet to you, because that's Derf, he's too sweet for his own good at times, but you are just a first year and he is a fourth-year prefect." Sorry sweetie, but if she couldn't get him there was no way a first year could.

What should she do? "Tell him and get the practice of telling a boy you like him. Have fun with this crush, swoon over him, show him attention, help his ego and help your nerves around cute boys. " The girls next question did make her smile twitch a bit, James should still be her boyfriend, but that was not something she would bring up, "No, I have too much fun being single." That would be all she says about that.
Old 03-16-2018, 09:56 PM   #13 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office

Quote:
Oh she was cute, goodness look how naive she was on everything. Zita had found her Protégé, she just knew it. "Well yes he is easy on the eyes and the lips." She had kissed him at the feast and she was now starting to regret she hadn't tried again, but that was over and she had moved on. "Well, of course, I have seen him play, I don't like to fly, but I do love to watch a boy in uniform. "

Was there anything more fun?

Z couldn't help but laugh when she asked if she had asked him, oh Bently, Bently, the memories of that cute boy in the corridors flooded back to her. "Well, of course, I told him and of course he told me I was too young. The age difference is the problem, but maybe once I've graduated and it isn't such a big deal anymore, maybe then I'll grab his attention." That part should be obvious to anyone, but she remembered being that first year determined she wasn't a baby and now that she was fifteen, she knew she had been. "I think he would be flattered and be super sweet to you, because that's Derf, he's too sweet for his own good at times, but you are just a first year and he is a fourth-year prefect." Sorry sweetie, but if she couldn't get him there was no way a first year could.

What should she do? "Tell him and get the practice of telling a boy you like him. Have fun with this crush, swoon over him, show him attention, help his ego and help your nerves around cute boys. " The girls next question did make her smile twitch a bit, James should still be her boyfriend, but that was not something she would bring up, "No, I have too much fun being single." That would be all she says about that.
Lips...The word played over and over in her mind before she could speak. “Wait. You kissed him? My Derf?” Her stomach did a sort of flip flop and the queasy feeling spread throughout her body. The last thing she wanted to do was think about another girl kissing him. No, this is not what she planned on hearing. She did understand that Derf didn’t know she liked him, but she didn’t have to be happy hearing about another girls lips on his. Those perfect lips. She shook her head to try and get the thought out.

Doing her best to recover from the blow, she refocused her attention on the current conversation. “That was brave of you to tell him. How did you deal with seeing him, knowing he didn’t feel the same?” It was hard for her to imagine what it would be like seeing him every day in the common room and at class, knowing for sure he didn’t like her. But, what if he did? There was still a bit of hope. She was twelve now. A young lady, not a kid anymore.

“How should I tell him? What do I say?” She looked up to Zita and her years of wisdom. If the girl had been brave enough to kiss a guy, then surely she had some ideas. “Would you help me?” she hoped the answer would be yes. With her luck, she’d say something to him while they were flying around at practice and he would fall off his broom and get injured. She didn’t want to be the one responsible for killing the cutest player on the team. She could hear the announcement 'First year Emmalyn Walsh asks out fourth year Derfael Ashburry-Hawthorne resulting in his death'
Old 03-19-2018, 01:44 AM   #14 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

Quote:
Lips...The word played over and over in her mind before she could speak. “Wait. You kissed him? My Derf?” Her stomach did a sort of flip flop and the queasy feeling spread throughout her body. The last thing she wanted to do was think about another girl kissing him. No, this is not what she planned on hearing. She did understand that Derf didn’t know she liked him, but she didn’t have to be happy hearing about another girls lips on his. Those perfect lips. She shook her head to try and get the thought out.

Doing her best to recover from the blow, she refocused her attention on the current conversation. “That was brave of you to tell him. How did you deal with seeing him, knowing he didn’t feel the same?” It was hard for her to imagine what it would be like seeing him every day in the common room and at class, knowing for sure he didn’t like her. But, what if he did? There was still a bit of hope. She was twelve now. A young lady, not a kid anymore.

“How should I tell him? What do I say?” She looked up to Zita and her years of wisdom. If the girl had been brave enough to kiss a guy, then surely she had some ideas. “Would you help me?” she hoped the answer would be yes. With her luck, she’d say something to him while they were flying around at practice and he would fall off his broom and get injured. She didn’t want to be the one responsible for killing the cutest player on the team. She could hear the announcement 'First year Emmalyn Walsh asks out fourth year Derfael Ashburry-Hawthorne resulting in his death'
She wanted to roll her eyes at this girl, really, who did she think she was other than a first year that didn't have a chance. Waving the girl off she laughed a little, "It was at that beginning of term feast and so much as happened since then it was like it meant nothing now." It had, but she would play it off like it didn't. She didn't have time to deal with feelings from something that happened months ago.

"You just do, I mean I knew I wasn't the problem, he was just being difficult. Who wouldn't want to date me, like I'm perfect." Putting her hands up like isn't it obvious she twirled a little just to prove her point. "He had a girlfriend too so that was another issue." Rolling her eyes she started to walk towards the library forgetting about the restricted section.

How should she tell him, well how would anyone tell someone, "Just say it. Derf I like you. Boys can be a little slow at times when it comes to that sort of stuff, so you have to pretty much be as blunt as possible and get it over with like a band-aid." She made the ripping motion to prove what she meant. Stopping and looking at the girl again Zita thought about this. Help the girl tell Derf she likes him, oh this could be fun.

"Sure I'll help you."

Old 03-20-2018, 01:08 PM   #15 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default *whistles*
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

His prefect badge unpinned from his robes and resting in the palm of his hand as he made his rounds doing patrols. There was a LOT weighing on his mind these days and a recent conversation with Chloe Kettleburn revolving around his sense of duty and protectiveness had come into question. A lot of things had come into question really, but he was trying not to think too much about it all. Because then he would OVER think. And then he would spiral. There had already been one too many hatstall Hufflepuff-Ravenclaw-esque spirals this term and he could certainly spare a day without one.

Though in the attempt to not do so he was essentially guaranteeing that he did.

UGH. Why was life one vicious cycle after another?

Ruffling his hair - and wishing he had Picketta with him because her chitter chatter helped calm him - he sighed as some lingering flecks of glitter fell in front of his face and ALMOST got into his eye - but instead rested on his cheeks and nose. That had happened after the last rehearsal...and had not been fun. He just hoped that all his sufferings with this glitter would pay off. So far, this term, the play had been running much more smoothly than it had last term. No one was cursed and on the verge of death...so he was going to label it a success by default.

..............and paused to literally knock on a wooden door.

Several times.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK.

Which unknowingly announced his presence to the two girls a further ways down the corridor.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
Old 03-20-2018, 05:50 PM   #16 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
Default Zita and Derf

Text Cut: Zita and Derf
Quote:
She wanted to roll her eyes at this girl, really, who did she think she was other than a first year that didn't have a chance. Waving the girl off she laughed a little, "It was at that beginning of term feast and so much as happened since then it was like it meant nothing now." It had, but she would play it off like it didn't. She didn't have time to deal with feelings from something that happened months ago.

"You just do, I mean I knew I wasn't the problem, he was just being difficult. Who wouldn't want to date me, like I'm perfect." Putting her hands up like isn't it obvious she twirled a little just to prove her point. "He had a girlfriend too so that was another issue." Rolling her eyes she started to walk towards the library forgetting about the restricted section.

How should she tell him, well how would anyone tell someone, "Just say it. Derf I like you. Boys can be a little slow at times when it comes to that sort of stuff, so you have to pretty much be as blunt as possible and get it over with like a band-aid." She made the ripping motion to prove what she meant. Stopping and looking at the girl again Zita thought about this. Help the girl tell Derf she likes him, oh this could be fun.

"Sure I'll help you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
His prefect badge unpinned from his robes and resting in the palm of his hand as he made his rounds doing patrols. There was a LOT weighing on his mind these days and a recent conversation with Chloe Kettleburn revolving around his sense of duty and protectiveness had come into question. A lot of things had come into question really, but he was trying not to think too much about it all. Because then he would OVER think. And then he would spiral. There had already been one too many hatstall Hufflepuff-Ravenclaw-esque spirals this term and he could certainly spare a day without one.

Though in the attempt to not do so he was essentially guaranteeing that he did.

UGH. Why was life one vicious cycle after another?

Ruffling his hair - and wishing he had Picketta with him because her chitter chatter helped calm him - he sighed as some lingering flecks of glitter fell in front of his face and ALMOST got into his eye - but instead rested on his cheeks and nose. That had happened after the last rehearsal...and had not been fun. He just hoped that all his sufferings with this glitter would pay off. So far, this term, the play had been running much more smoothly than it had last term. No one was cursed and on the verge of death...so he was going to label it a success by default.

..............and paused to literally knock on a wooden door.

Several times.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK.

Which unknowingly announced his presence to the two girls a further ways down the corridor.

The beginning of term wasn’t that long ago when it came to lips being involved, and how could she say his lips meant nothing. She didn’t think she would ever forget her lips touching HIS lips. Not ever. She tried to imagine what it would be like, but Zita kept talking and it pulled her mind back to the conversation.

“You seem nice enough to me.” She said as she watched Zita twirl in the corridor. It did stand to reason that it wouldn’t work out if he already had a girlfriend. You shouldn't really have more than one at a time. That wouldn’t be fair to the other girls. She wondered if Derf had a girlfriend. She hadn’t really paid attention to that, she was always too busy watching him to notice those around him.

She reached down and picked up her stack of books to start following Zita towards the library when Zita suddenly stopped again. Rip it off like a bandaid. Didn’t that usually hurt? But it was over quickly instead of letting the pain drag on and on, one little sting at a time. “Derf, I like you. I guess I could try saying that. But, what if he gets mad or makes fun of me? I cry really easily and I don’t want to start crying in front of him.”

Just as she finished her sentence, she heard a knocking a bit down the corridor from where they were standing. Three things happened almost simultaneously, her head turned to see who had made the noise, her eyes locked on Derf, and her books dropped to the ground. This could NOT be happening. Could he have heard what she just said??

NO. NO. NO. NO.

Her stomach felt sick and she whipped back around to face Zita, hoping she had something comforting to say or an escape plan in mind. “Did he hear us?” She whispered to the fourth year, panic in her voice. “What do we do?”
Old 03-22-2018, 02:30 AM   #17 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

She couldn't even stop smiling, the girl was even practicing. How could Zita not respond without clapping? She clapped for her and beamed, "Bravo, Bravo, you'll have Derf...."

Oh well hello there Derf, this was getting better and better. Restricted section forgotten she grinned, "If he did so what, you were going to tell him anyway and now here is your chance."

"Oh Derf, Derf, can you come here for a second. Emmalyn was just telling me something very interesting and I think you will want to hear." She couldn't help but keep the smile as she thought about how Derf was the hottest item in school this term it seemed. Everyone liked him, it was probably best she pushed her feelings to their hidden cage and moved on. It was so much easier than being rejected even more than she already had in the past two terms.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:50 PM   #18 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12

KNOCK.

Okay. Surely that had covered him for jinxing himself on those thoughts. Since that did seem to be a thing these days. Not to mention his theory with Ian about Hogwarts itself being cursed. He was still on the hunt for the right sort of runic engravings to do that. Ones likely bound with blood because blood magic was POWERFUL Dark magic, you know? Which once again had his mind wandering to MISSING BOOKS and other such things....

....which was why he was, somewhat, thankful that someone was calling his name. It pulled him out from his spiral, yeah? So his head snapped around and found Zita rather easily, bright blues soon shifting to Emmalyn and he smiled at both of them. "Yeah?" he asked, bounding towards them with an eager stride and stopped just beside Zita. Something he wanted to hear? Surely that meant it was creature related. Or maybe it was quidditch related since he and Emmalyn were both on the team.

And please, no one ever say aloud to him that he was the 'hottest item.' He may combust from embarrassment.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
Old 03-22-2018, 06:01 PM   #19 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
Default Zita and Derf

What did she do? How could she have called out to him and called him over? “Zita!” she harshly whispered to the fourth year. Her heart was pounding and her palms were sweaty. About a million different scenarios raced through her mind, each one having a worse outcome than the one before. How did her trip to the library turn into such a disaster?

Before she could think of a way to run, he was there. He was standing right next to Zita, his bright smile and sparkling eyes turning her knees to jelly. The panic was momentarily erased when her eyes met his. She felt safe near him, like nothing in the world could ever go wrong when she was in his presence. Then she could feel her cheeks blushing and she instantly looked down at her feet, breaking her gaze and bringing back the overwhelming feeling of panic.

She clenched her fists and concentrated on the pressure of her nails against her palms before looking back to him. “Hi” was all she managed to squeak out. That would have to do for the time being. She was at the mercy of Zita and it all depended on what she said next. Would Zita tell him? Would she betray what had been said privately?
Old 03-28-2018, 02:20 AM   #20 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

This was so entertaining and she heard the first year say her name in a way that Zita knew exactly what she wanted, but she didn't take her eyes off Derf. Giving a very excited this is your moment grin to the girl she turned to fully focus on Derf.

"Well hello their cutie, what brings you to the corridor?" Moving closer she touched his arm as she smiled in her flirty ways. "We were just taking a trip to the library, want to join us? Em here was just giving me some very interesting news." Turning her eyes on the girl she made a gesture to show she felt she should tell him.

"Care to share with him?"
Old 03-28-2018, 07:42 AM   #21 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12

"Just making my rounds on patrol," he grinned as his eyes met Zita's briefly, but his focus was primarily on the younger Hufflepuff - who, presently, he was looking at rather warmly and affectionately. Though how....nervous Emmalyn seemed to be right now was making the hairs on the back of his neck stand up slightly because SOMETHING felt a little off. Quidditch practices and other interactions in the common room hadn't given him this sensation, so the fourth year was willing to write it off as Zita's influence. He knew Zita could be intimidating and she had THAT Alpha status - or tried to convince others that she did at least, Derf wasn't entirely convinced these days though his friend was trying her darndest to SEEM that way - and Emmalyn was so soft and impressionable. Though everything seemed just fine right now. Friendly enough.

"I...reckon this isn't about new quidditch maneuvers?" he half teased, half hoped, as he ruffled his hair a bit more.

And now he was glancing somewhat apprehensively between Zita and Emmelyn.

........................um.

Old 03-28-2018, 04:43 PM   #22 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office

Her eyes darted back and forth between Zita and Derf. The feelings of panic, flutters of love, and betrayal roared throughout her in a dizzying mixture. What was she going to do? She knew she couldn’t run. That wouldn’t work at all. Plus, they would both think she was crazy and Zita would probably tell him after she left. No. She would have to stay there and figure out what to say.

“Well, as Zita so kindly pointed out, I do have something to say to you.” Her dramatic emphasis on kindly wouldn’t have been missed. She eyed the fourth year then looked back to her Derf. However, just as she was about to tell him, another idea came to mind. This was not how she wanted to let her crush know how she felt, yet she had to say something. She cleared her throat in preparation for what might come.

“You see, my sweet friend, Zita, was telling me how much that kiss at the beginning of the year meant to her. She’s been up crying every night, wondering if you would ever kiss her again. I wanted to help her out, be a sort of buffer, and get the conversation started between the two of you.” She words sickened her as they rolled off her tongue. Every part of her wanted to scream ‘It’s me, I love you’, but she couldn’t put him on the spot like that. Not in front of Zita. It had to be alone at a time he could answer honestly and not under pressure from onlookers.

She took a small step back and away from Zita once she finished speaking, strategically positioning her body so Derf was slightly between them. She wasn’t sure what the older girl would do and she needed time to move if needed.
Old 03-29-2018, 12:53 AM   #23 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

Zita was so amused by all of this, she couldn't help but get excited when the young girl said she had something to tell him and then she said what she said and Zita truly didn't miss a beat because Zita never missed a beat. "Oh isn't that the sweetest thing. First years are just so cute and dumb." She pat the girl on top of the head because hello Zita did enjoy Derf and liked his company and she did like the kiss though she would have liked it more if Derf would have kissed her back, but that was water way under the bridge.

She slipped in arm through Derfs and got good and close to him, watch closely young one this is how it is truly done. "This little puff here was so adorably cute wanting to help me in the library and asking me questions about things. She was telling me about a crush she has and I told her about how I liked you." She smiled and got closer to his ear, though she didn't whisper, "Poor girl is a little shy though and seems she wants to put my feelings before her own, isn't that just the sweetest."

Finally letting go of Derf she moved to put her arms around the first year and pat her head again, "So so sweet how she is trying to help me, but like I've clearly told her we are just friends so she shouldn't feel any obligation to me and should just tell you exactly how she feels. It seems our little cute badger is growing up and has found a crush on the cutest prefect we have here at Hogwarts." She turned her eyes on the first year with a nice look of watch your back child before turning back to Derf with a huge smile.

"Go easy on her, first crush in all is always the cutest and most vulnerable. She'll learn to put up walls later." She put an arm around them both, "Well you two probably have loads to talk about now, so I'll let you have your time. I'll see you later." She leaned up and kissed his cheek.

"Tootle" giving her little finger wave as she strutted down the corridor.
Old 03-31-2018, 01:48 AM   #24 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12

Derf was honestly beginning to feel as anxious as a kneazle in a room full of rocking chairs right now, the anticipation for this new - whatever it was - was causing his palms to sweat and acting as a bit of an all natural gel in his hair. Alright, so it really wasn't THAT dramatic right now, but he was still nervous. Girls were becoming more and more complicated these days which just made them all the more unpredictable.

People in general, really, but that was besides the point.

Being a teenager was the worst.

But when Emmalyn began speaking...he really wished she would just STOP. Guilt immediately ate at his insides and made them feel RAW - because Zita was CRYING? BECAUSE OF HIM? He knew the the facade she kept up was only for appearances - Zita had let him in and seen her so he knew better than to believe her 'I'm fabulous' comments and accompanying hair flips or whatever sort of other bedazzled gestures she tended to lean on to distract from her brilliant eyes.

His hand was moving back into his hair for some MUCH needed aggressive ruffling because he had absolutely NO idea what to even say to THAT. He and Zita HAD discussed things and he kinda sorta thought that they were on the same page with how he felt about kissing in general and aaaaaaaaaaaaaall of that STUFF. So he was taken off guard and obviously flustered in the moment as he processed.

"I...um...erm...um..." he stammered, pointedly look at the FLOOR and at neither girl for the time being.

And then Zita spoke, the Derf's knee jerk reaction was to FROWN. "Don't call her dumb, that's unkind," he scolded softly, disappointment knotted into his brow as his eyes met hers. And while a pat on the head was a fine gesture, particularly to crups, Derf knew Zita did not entirely mean it in an appreciative manner but more so to belittle the first year. And as Zita continued to speak, his insides found no relief. In fact, that urge to go all demiguise and vanish was almost suffocating in the moment.

....my feelings before her own... found a crush...cutest prefect we have here at Hogwarts...she'll learn to put up walls later...

THERE WAS A LOT OF INFORMATION TO PROCESS IN SUCH A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME!

And then all thoughts went up in flames like a phoenix on Burning Day when he felt Zita's lips pressed to his cheek and whatever trance he had been in while attentively staring at the two girls with unblinking bright blue eyes. And before he could react to THAT...Zita was gone. Though he managed a very belated wave to the back of her head as she made her way down the corridor.

Later. Yes. He was going to need to speak with her later.

But, for now, he was stuck staring all moon calf eyed at the first year. Not AGAIN....he didn't want to have to do this to someone else, AGAIN!

".....which is true?" he eventually found himself asking her after a bit, NEEDING her to come clean herself and speak for herself as well.

Old 03-31-2018, 02:34 AM   #25 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office

Her panic increased with each moment of silence, then Zita spoke, sending her fight or flight response into overdrive. Run or fight, run or fight? It was all she could do to stand there and wait for what was to come. It was a rather crummy thing she did to the fourth year. Under normal circumstances, she would have never done such a thing. However, she let her panic take control of her actions for just long enough to actually hurt someone else, even if it was partially true.

The pressure of the tap on her head broke her from her internal struggle. No, she wouldn’t give the girl the satisfaction of running away, or the pleasure of pounding her into the ground at her failed attempt to fight. She would stand her ground and do everything in her power to not cry.

Every single time Zita said the word crush, her heart twisted a bit more. It was painfully obvious her poor Derf was uncomfortable. She was to blame for his discomfort, not entirely, but none of it would be happening if it weren’t for her blabbing her feelings to an untrustable Slytherin.

Her eyes grew wide as she saw Zita lean in and KISS him on the cheek. The knife in her back being plunged deeper and deeper with a little added twist at the end. Then she was gone. The anger and embarrassment had her ears ringing. She was standing in the corridor, alone with him. What now?

Just when she thought it couldn't get any worse, she looked up at his gorgeous eyes, kind eyes, pain filled eyes as he asked her to tell the truth. Her hands trembled as she brushed away a tear that had escaped her own guilty eyes. “I’m…” she cleared her throat and began again. “I’m sorry. I didn’t know what to do.” Her head shook at the thought of the past few moments. “I thought she was… No, it’s no excuse. She did say she kissed you, but nothing more. What I said wasn’t true.” She took another deep breath. “It was me. I told her I liked you. I do like you. I know you are a lot older than me and I’m only a first year, but you are amazing. I’ve never felt like this about anyone and you are always so kind. I thought that maybe, just maybe you might like me too.”

She said it. It was out there with no hope of taking it back. There was some relief in that, but her stomach churned as she prepared her heart to be crushed by the only guy she’d ever cared about. Maybe she was wrong, but the look on his face seemed to be screaming ‘get me out of here’ so she was fairly certain what his response would be.