sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1169 users online including...
Zoe , BrandonDar , Stevendalo , Lentovskijiii , GabrielDub

7 members
1162 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > Floo Network (Extra Fun) > Gladrags Wizardwear (Graphics, Arts, & Crafts) > Couture Closet

Couture Closet Whether you want to show off your craft magic or showcase your original artwork, this is the place for all our SS creators to share their talents.

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 08-20-2019, 01:40 AM

Default A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Once upon a time... two princesses made a portfolio where they could celebrate all things Disney. Come join our magical kingdom of animated features, and feel free to dress yourselves in any of our finery.

This portfolio is dedicated to some of our favorite movies, and we (Cassirin and sweetpinkpixie) will be taking turns showcasing movies from the Disney canon. Be patient with us and maybe we'll get to some of your favorites in time.

Old 07-05-2020, 08:09 PM   #51 (permalink)

Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Blake Rouyn
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ryuu Cyprian Andrei
Minister's Office
you live your life just once, so don't forget about a thing called love.

Ah, it's so awesome to see you guys still making amazing graphics! Such a great concept as well.

Also, absolute A+ on The Emperor's New Groove set - it's one of my favourite Disney movies.

Tailz is back in town, Tailz is back in town. =)
momentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 01:34 AM   #52 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

SPOILER!!: I realized I left y'all hanging
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
EEEEEERN! These are so cute I think I've seen this movie ONCE and I barely remember it - it must have showed up on the Disney Channel at some point and I had it on as BGM or something. I love your experimentation with text
I fully expect you to see this movie and report back IMMEDIATELY STAT. And I like how you can always tell when I"m TRYING SOMETHING OUT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
ok 2 things
first thing i love this movie and i recall watching it in theaters and watching it countless times after and the avvies are so fun and creative just like the movie itself and i will probably steal one to wear v soon

second thing i'm taking another emperors new groove avvie because they are love

thank you and good day
I'm so glad you love this movie too! It feels like one of those movies that people don't even know exists, and it's SO funny and makes me cry a little and yeah. It needs more love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
WOW! These graphics are amazing

Also - you guys have inspired me to start a Disney marathon - Meet the Robinsons - haven't seen that film in YEARS. What a fun film
Report back! Did it live up to your memories?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai View Post
Ah, it's so awesome to see you guys still making amazing graphics! Such a great concept as well.

Also, absolute A+ on The Emperor's New Groove set - it's one of my favourite Disney movies.
TAYLOR. That's all. TAYLOR.

"In Ancient Polynesia, when a terrible curse incurred by the Demigod Maui reaches Moana's island, she answers the Ocean's call to seek out the Demigod to set things right."
e x a m p l e s

Photos!: 37 avatars

PROCLAMATION FROM THE PRINCESS
I love this movie. Unequivocally. I've been hesitant to try to do a set for Moana because it's SO SO SO blue, and I didn't think I could do the gorgeousness of this movie justice. But hey... I'm a glutton for punishment.

Anyway, I don't feel like I have to pitch this movie to anyone or explain why I love it, because it's recent enough that it lives in all of our short term memories. Parents of small children know all the songs by heart. Some adults with no children (me) know some of those songs too. But even though I don't have to sell you on how great this movie is, I do want to sell you on how special I think it is. A Disney princess story that is a hero's quest, rather than a romance. An animated movie where the creative team spent years researching culture and mythology of the South Pacific, where they cast actors of South Pacific descent to voice the parts... it's just a lovely lovely effort. And I canNOT express strongly enough the chills I get when Moana accepts Te Kā and restores Te Fiti.

Also I wanted to make like 30 more graphics, but there was SO MUCH BLUE and also making graphics just because I'm obsessed with Moana's hair and Maui's manbun is not really doing any of us a favor.

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Cassirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 05:00 PM   #53 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

It is a lovely effort by Disney, for a change. I LOVE these, Ern-la. Hard to choose which one I want to wear first.

also I'm obsessed with the song YOU'RE WELCOME

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
BanaBatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 07:43 PM   #54 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Ern, these are beeaaaautiful! <3

Roman Gellar ● 1st Year ● Slytherin
kayquilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 04:34 AM   #55 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

"A thirteen-year-old girl is torn between staying her mother's dutiful daughter and the changes of adolescence. And as if the challenges were not enough, whenever she gets overly excited she transforms into a giant red panda."
e x a m p l e s

Photos!: 50 avatars

While not my favorite Pixar film, was still so important and well received in my home. Both my boys really enjoyed this movie and asked to watch it 4 more times in the days following our first movie night viewing and I was pretty impressed with the lessons they both took from the film and shared with me later (because this movie is SUCH a conversation starter in all the best ways and honestly I could ramble on and on and on and ON about this movie).
Shintaro (5 at the time of viewing): it is important to listen to each other (because the mother and Mei were not REALLY listening to one another and trying to push their own agendas)
Ryoma (9 at the time of viewing): puberty is inevitable for everyone and will hit people differently, so it is important to be empathetic. Puberty is not weird.
The message on generational trauma and healing is also very poignant and I still get chills and weepy when all these generations come together is when they are pulling mama red panda back into the circle and the aunties/grandma are still doing the ancient Chinese chant while the girls and 4*Town begin to sing (it is such a BOP and has no right to sound so good as it does. Not to mention Jordan Fischer hitting that note? Chills for me every single time). As a parent, this film particularly hit hard because I want my sons to be 'the best' and do the best they can. To accomplish a lot of things in life and grow up strong. In trying to put them on the right path, I CAN become overbearing and controlling. What my sons took away from the film (and what we talked about afterwards) was that parents will try their best to do right by their kids, but in doing so they can loose sight of their children's' emotions and needs. Likewise, that children can be so gunho in their wants and desires and not listen to their parents. Respect being a two way street and someone shouldn't just blindly follow their elders just because they are our elders. There are ways to disagree with your elders in a respectful way and Mei struggles with finding that balance throughout the film just like her mother struggles to communicate with her daughter. It's a struggle all parents and their children go through. I don't see the 'spitting in the face of family values' point that some people claimed to be present in the film and why it was so ~problematic~, because Mei does not do that. She learns how to find her place with in her family legacy and all the women communicate and understand one another, healing generation upon generation of family trauma. For me personally, this made me think a lot about my relationship with my dad. My father grew up in poverty and it was education that saved him - as he phrases it. So good grades and a good education were vital to his life and pulling himself out of poverty and welfare. He, unknowingly, put a LOT of pressure on me to do well in school and I was a straight A student all through my junior year of high school where I began struggling in my AP classes. I struggled so much that passing was becoming herculean...and because I was so afraid of failing the class and disappointing him...I cheated. And I was really bad at it and got caught because I was really really REALLY not good at it, lulz. I naturally got a 0 on a test, one that was a huge chunk of my grade, and (really streamlining this story and simplifying it) we all had to go to family therapy afterwards because I was cracking under this pressure to get good grades and respect my father while putting my own mental health aside because I thought that in getting poor grades I was betraying my dad.

I really could on and on and ON about the messages and how relatable the film is...but I'll end on a silly note and say that as a teeny bopper in the 90's with a huuuuuuuuuuuge Backstreet Boys fan, this movie captured that feeling of perfectly and I REMEMBER going to a concert where they flew over the audience and I screamed myself hoarse

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 12:37 AM   #56 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
While not my favorite Pixar film, was still so important and well received in my home. Both my boys really enjoyed this movie and asked to watch it 4 more times in the days following our first movie night viewing and I was pretty impressed with the lessons they both took from the film and shared with me later (because this movie is SUCH a conversation starter in all the best ways and honestly I could ramble on and on and on and ON about this movie).
Hiiii, Kath. Your Turning Red icons are so so so pretty and have a very clear color story and make me interested in actually watching this movie, even though I still haven't. I'm stubborn, okay? I'm sorry I didn't say anything sooner, but I didn't want to end up double posting like a weirdo. So, if pressed, don't feel like you have to double post like a weirdo for my sake <3<3

"A prince cursed to spend his days as a hideous monster sets out to regain his humanity by earning a young woman's love."
e x a m p l e s

Photos!: 22 avatars

I feel like if there was ever a Disney princess that I most identified with, it was Belle. She was smart and misunderstood and pushing against the boundaries of the life that was laid out for her. I'm not sure exactly what made me feel like my life was so constricting and small as a 10-year-old child, but I was being SUPPRESSED, OKAY?

I still love this movie and the many staged versions I've seen over the years. The music live rent free in my head even now, and I can pick Paige O'Hara's (Belle's voice actor) voice out of a lineup. Or whatever you call a sampling of princessy voices. It's not a perfect or unproblematic story-telling, but there's something about it that continues to stand up over 30+ years.

That's all. <3

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Cassirin is offline   Reply With Quote