sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1140 users online including...
Marinaltj , Lavillkiz , duerieple , ClarazkaVaste , DavidoosWef , Sherinkaseame , Svetlphn , Marinajzk , Marinakfd , Methrenhow

13 members
1127 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 53: September - December 2019

Term 53: September - December 2019 Term Fifty-Three: When In France (Sept 2099 - June 2100)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2019, 02:59 AM

Default The Student Bakery

As you may have already heard, this is the spot when you want to unwind with a little baking and food prep. At the top of a bare corridor stands the entrance. There are no passwords necessary, you need only give a gentle nudge to the door and proceed inside. This is a room made specifically with the students in mind and is without restrictions so long as it is not beyond curfew.

Keep in mind this is a shared space. Everyone is allowed the same privileges of use. There should be no bullying or strong arming to get a space. If there is nowhere available, simply come back when there is. Several stations are set up about the room, each self contained with everything you'll need. It goes without saying that you are not expected to leave a mess when you've gotten done your baking. This is not a barn, we do not breed animals.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luther Apollo Starriver
Gryffindor
Second Year
Astrophile

Freyr entered one of the most beautiful kitchens he ever saw. There was everything one would need. He walked between counters and checked the cupboards. Then something led him to the cupboard with the flour in it. He decided to try to bake cookies. He thought "I guess I am falling in love with this chateau." He prepared the ingredients and started kneading, he was going to try his great-aunt Freya's recipe.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
cookie Well hi, housemate! ALSO I LOVE THIS SPOT IN THE CASTLE
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Okay now, THIS was living up to Bernie's expectations of France! A STUDENT BAKERY! Amazing! Maybe she could learn to make macarons here? She hadn't EVER tried them yet, and it was no wonder, since almond flour was pretty expensive and her mum was pretty strict about her wasting ingredients.

Bernie walked into the kitchen area and saw another student hard at work um... wait, was he kneading cookie dough? "Oh no no no," she chuckled at the Gryffindor, "What are YOU doing? You don't need to knead cookie dough!"

Heavens, this boy needed her help!

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
Old 09-05-2019, 12:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luther Apollo Starriver
Gryffindor
Second Year
Astrophile

"Oh" said Freyr "really?" He wished if it was not that obvious he didn't know what he was doing. He saw that girl was smiling but Freyr didn't sense that it was in a degrading way so he calmly asked her "Would you help me?" and added "I am Freyr, by the way"
Old 09-05-2019, 07:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

"Hi Freyr," Bernie BEAMED at the boy, "I'm Bernadette, but you can call me Bernie. And OF COURSE I will help you. I LOVE baking." She recognized him from the feast and remembered now that he had a very distinct name from his Sorting. "So you're a first year too?" she continued the conversation, dropping her bag on a stool and moving around to where the boy was.

Well first of all, she wasn't sure this cookie dough had all the right stuff in it. She rolled up her sleeves, washed her hands, and then gave the dough a poke. "What have you put in it so far? We should probably put it in a bowl." It would need chilling before baking, most likely.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
Old 09-05-2019, 08:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luther Apollo Starriver
Gryffindor
Second Year
Astrophile

"Hi Bernie" said Freyr. He was amazed by how cheerful she was. He said "Yeah, I was actually going to be at Durmstrang so my family was a bit surprised when the letter from Hogwarts came." and then he thought whether he bored her with such details. He stopped talking about himself and gave his cookie dough a look. It looked normal to Freyr but she seemed like she knew more than Freyr so he trusted her. "I made the dough from my memory so it may be wrong. I have added a bit butter, 3 and a half cups of flour, 2 eggs, a little salt, 2 cups of brown sugar and chocolate chips. On second thoughts, I guess I forgot something but I don't know what." said Freyr and scratched his head trying to figure out what he forgot.
Old 09-06-2019, 01:44 AM   #7 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries

Well Bernadette had no clue what Durmstrang was, but she was sure he didn't sound excited about it. Maybe she could pretend like she knew... "Where's Durmstrang again?" she asked lightly. It had to be another wizard school, like Beauxbatons.

"Okay, so, you don't have a leavening agent in here, like baking soda or powder. Unless, of course, this is self-raising flour?" Bernadette started looking around for the flour bag or container. "You might also need more MELTED BUTTER," she shouted with her head in the cupboard, "IT SEEMS A BIT DRY."

Old 09-06-2019, 08:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luther Apollo Starriver
Gryffindor
Second Year
Astrophile

"Umm, well I guess no one knows," said Freyr, he thought how no one from his family said where Durmstrang was. "But they say it's in Northern Europe," said Freyr and continued with her second question "No, I guess I used normal flour." Then he said, "What do you want me to do, Chef?" with a smile. While organizing the mess he created during his attempt to bake cookies, he asked: "What is your family like, Bernie?"
Old 09-08-2019, 11:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries

Oh, well that's fine, he didn't know and she didn't know, so that was all good! "Do you live closer to Durmstrang or Hogwarts, d'ya think?" Bernie continued lightly. "I've never known anyone who went to Durmstrang!" Or Hogwarts, until now of course, hehe. "I think this year will be fun to see another wizarding school, but I hope we get to go to Hogwarts eventually..." France was pretty far from home, and she'd read SO MUCH about Hogwarts before she'd seen that Daily Prophet article. It was a small let-down, but only a small one, because Bernie had never been out of the country until now!

Anyway, the cookies! "Here, add this to the dough," she handed him the baking powder, and then went around the counter to melt some butter to add a little bit more to the dough. "Oh um, my family?" Bernie pretended to be very busy so that she wouldn't blurt out that HER family was a bunch of MUGGLES. "I uh, I have an older brother and a younger sister, and they're pretty boring, ya know. No cool jobs like......." What was a wizard job she'd learned about? "...like no one makes wands or potions or anything." There, that was true.

Old 09-09-2019, 03:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luther Apollo Starriver
Gryffindor
Second Year
Astrophile

"I guess where I live is closer to Durmstrang but it can be anywhere in Northern Europe. I am happy that I came to Hogwarts, I mean I liked the people. Also, I must say I guess I loved this chateau." Freyr was actually almost in love with this chateau. Music-halls, lots of pianos, a baking hall, a silent place to read, vast gardens. There was everything Freyr ever liked. But he was also dying to see his real school, Hogwarts.

Freyr added whatever Bernie handed to him, he was already convinced that what he was doing before Bernie arrived was wrong so he decided to let her lead. Freyr had always a very "interesting" family, a little bit interesting that he was always tried to learn about others to see what normal families were like.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:06 AM   #11 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries

"Me too," Bernie agreed, with all that, except the Northern Europe part she supposed. "I'd never traveled out of the UK before, but this is exciting!" She had always wanted to see a bit of France, especially Paris, so she was happy to have this opportunity this year.

Now the cookies were almost all mixed together... she gave the bowl a few more swirls of her spatula and then passed the bowl back to Freyr. "What do you think? Want to give the dough a taste?" Yeah yeah, you weren't supposed to eat raw flour and all that, but a tiny taste probably wouldn't hurt them. Also...

"Do you think we can use magic to bake these?!" Because why do things the Muggle way when you were enrolled in wizarding school!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-10-2019, 08:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luther Apollo Starriver
Gryffindor
Second Year
Thumbs up
Astrophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
"Me too," Bernie agreed, with all that, except the Northern Europe part she supposed. "I'd never traveled out of the UK before, but this is exciting!" She had always wanted to see a bit of France, especially Paris, so she was happy to have this opportunity this year.

Now the cookies were almost all mixed together... she gave the bowl a few more swirls of her spatula and then passed the bowl back to Freyr. "What do you think? Want to give the dough a taste?" Yeah yeah, you weren't supposed to eat raw flour and all that, but a tiny taste probably wouldn't hurt them. Also...

"Do you think we can use magic to bake these?!" Because why do things the Muggle way when you were enrolled in wizarding school!!!!!!!!!!

Freyr asked Bernie "Hey Bernie, can you sing?" after taking the bowl. Then he took a bit from the dough and tasted it. It was pretty decent. He said "Bernie, I think you saved my cookie dough. Thank you." and continued after passing the bowl to her "Go on, taste it yourself." Freyr thought that this was not like his great-aunt's cookies but he liked it better because he helped it.

After that, he added "Let's try, after all, we are at the school and we are supposed to learn, right?" and laughed. Then asked, "But how exactly we are going to use magic to bake these?"
Old 09-13-2019, 04:54 PM   #13 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default Sorry for the wait / phone posting here lol

"Can I sing?" What kind of question was that? "I mean, maybe, but not in front of people!" Bernie was turning red just thinking about that question! She quickly put a spoonful of cookie dough in her mouth so she couldn't answer any more questions...

But she nodded. The dough WAS good. It didn't need a thing more. How did one bake with magic though? She had an idea, and swallowed her sample cookie before speaking. "The book!!!!" Bernie twirled over to her bag she'd dropped on a stool and rifled through it to find the textbook she needed. "We'll portion them out like regular cookies or biscuits and then use magic to make them rise. Or maybe there is a spell to make the oven go faster in here." She plopped the Standard Book of Spells, Grade 1 down on the work bench so Freyr could read it too.

Old 09-15-2019, 03:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luther Apollo Starriver
Gryffindor
Second Year
Astrophile

Quote:
"Can I sing?" What kind of question was that? "I mean, maybe, but not in front of people!" Bernie was turning red just thinking about that question! She quickly put a spoonful of cookie dough in her mouth so she couldn't answer any more questions...

But she nodded. The dough WAS good. It didn't need a thing more. How did one bake with magic though? She had an idea, and swallowed her sample cookie before speaking. "The book!!!!" Bernie twirled over to her bag she'd dropped on a stool and rifled through it to find the textbook she needed. "We'll portion them out like regular cookies or biscuits and then use magic to make them rise. Or maybe there is a spell to make the oven go faster in here." She plopped the Standard Book of Spells, Grade 1 down on the work bench so Freyr could read it too.
Freyr looked at the book, then said "Here, the Fire-Making Spell. Would it help if we make the oven go turbo?" He then said "You know, I am planning to form a rock band, I am sure it will make my time in school a lot more fun." and waited Bernie to see her reaction. He had to a singer other than himself for his band, after all.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:34 AM   #15 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyr View Post
Freyr looked at the book, then said "Here, the Fire-Making Spell. Would it help if we make the oven go turbo?" He then said "You know, I am planning to form a rock band, I am sure it will make my time in school a lot more fun." and waited Bernie to see her reaction. He had to a singer other than himself for his band, after all.
"The FIRE MAKING SPELL," Bernadette repeated in awe, "is GENIUS! GREAT SUGGESTION!" She held her hand up to Freyr for a high five. "We should totally do that!" She'd scoop up the cookies and then they'd throw them into the TURBO OVEN for a real short time. It was totally doable.

But meanwhile, Freyr had plans to start a band. "Oh that sounds fun," she encouraged him. "Do you know how to play any instruments?" Rock bands for sure had drummers and guitars, though she didn't know about WIZARD rock bands.

Old 09-16-2019, 02:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luther Apollo Starriver
Gryffindor
Second Year
Astrophile

Quote:

"The FIRE MAKING SPELL," Bernadette repeated in awe, "is GENIUS! GREAT SUGGESTION!" She held her hand up to Freyr for a high five. "We should totally do that!" She'd scoop up the cookies and then they'd throw them into the TURBO OVEN for a real short time. It was totally doable.

But meanwhile, Freyr had plans to start a band. "Oh that sounds fun," she encouraged him. "Do you know how to play any instruments?" Rock bands for sure had drummers and guitars, though she didn't know about WIZARD rock bands.
He high-fived Bernie and said, "I play the piano, but I need a guitar player, a drummer and also a singer with whom I can sing but I couldn't find anyone yet.". Then he asked, "If you see someone who is interested, can you refer them to me?"

"Ok, here we go. What can possibly go wrong, right?" said Frey and said the incantation "Incendio!". The fire started to burn.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:02 PM   #17 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries

Quote:
He high-fived Bernie and said, "I play the piano, but I need a guitar player, a drummer and also a singer with whom I can sing but I couldn't find anyone yet.". Then he asked, "If you see someone who is interested, can you refer them to me?"

"Ok, here we go. What can possibly go wrong, right?" said Frey and said the incantation "Incendio!". The fire started to burn.
Oh wow, Freyr was really serious about starting his band! He definitely knew the instruments he'd need, but Bernie wasn't sure how to play any of them. So she just nodded and added, "I promise to pass along the information!" If only she knew more people... "You could also learn how to charm the instruments to play," Bernie added thoughtfully. That would probably be what she would have to do, because she was so new here.

Anyway. "Okay, let's pop in this first tray!" Bernie cheered, handing Freyr a cookie sheet that had about eight cookies on it. "If they burn, we'll have to do it the old fashioned way..." or cook them for less time!

Old 09-24-2019, 06:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luther Apollo Starriver
Gryffindor
Second Year
Astrophile

Quote:
Oh wow, Freyr was really serious about starting his band! He definitely knew the instruments he'd need, but Bernie wasn't sure how to play any of them. So she just nodded and added, "I promise to pass along the information!" If only she knew more people... "You could also learn how to charm the instruments to play," Bernie added thoughtfully. That would probably be what she would have to do, because she was so new here.

Anyway. "Okay, let's pop in this first tray!" Bernie cheered, handing Freyr a cookie sheet that had about eight cookies on it. "If they burn, we'll have to do it the old fashioned way..." or cook them for less time!
"Yeah, you are right." said Freyr and laid the cookie sheet above the turbo-powered owen's fire. He waited for the sheet catch fire and turn into ashes in a couple of seconds but, "Hey, it worked" said he and added "Could we possibly have found a brand new method to bake cookies in the magical cuisine?"
Old 09-29-2019, 04:48 PM   #19 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries

Quote:
"Yeah, you are right." said Freyr and laid the cookie sheet above the turbo-powered owen's fire. He waited for the sheet catch fire and turn into ashes in a couple of seconds but, "Hey, it worked" said he and added "Could we possibly have found a brand new method to bake cookies in the magical cuisine?"
Oh my gosh, it WORKED!

"IT WORKED!!!!!!!" Bernadette jumped up and down a little bit, she couldn't help herself, she was just SO EXCITED for fresh and warm cookies!!!! "Here, Freyr, do the next one!" She put on oven mitts and traded him the hot tray of cookies for a cold, unbaked one. These were going to be SO GOOD!

She'd just let them rest for like, 5 seconds, before trying one. Didn't wanna burn her mouth and all.