sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1156 users online including...
IrinaPaive , Austintq , KeithZinue

4 members
1152 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Diagon Alley Archive

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 09-23-2018, 06:00 PM

Default Butterbeer Cart

Has all of your shopping worn you out and left you in need of some hydration? From the south side of Diagon Alley, the Leaky Cauldron is quite a trek, especially when the cobbled street has exploded with witches, wizards, and children alike. Do not fret, however. A crimson red cart, stationed between Janus Galloglass and Noltie's Botanical Novelties, with golden lettering spelling out 'BUTTERBEER' is here to save the day! For many years, an old witch has been taking advantage of this spot and has provided many with a refreshing sugary butterscotch concoction and even a tasty snack.

Early in the morning, the old witch rolls out her cart and remains at her usual spot until the sun goes down. For just a Galleon, you can enjoy a mug of the finest Butterbeer in London. During the summer months, one can purchase a frozen Butterbeer; whereas in the frigid winter it can be bought warm. But drinks is not all that there is to offer -- for just a handful of Sickles, some Butterbeer-flavoured fudge, potted cream, or ice cream can be enjoyed.
Old 04-18-2020, 01:56 PM   #51 (permalink)

Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jordyn Guidry
Graduated
x5
dream until your • dreams come true ~ Human pygmy puff

SPOILER!!: Cole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post

Had he started his shopping in the wrong end of the list? Maybe, but the encounter with Claudine earlier had disrupted his day and plans so he'd just have to carry around a heavy book bag all day. Cole nodded excitedly "Yes, I can't wait to see what creatures we'll get to learn about in the 'dreadful denizens of the deep' for instance. It sounds like dementors and other foul creatures." Hopefully the new CoMC professor didn't make them write about thestrals. Cole did not want to explain about his dead mother to a professor that was most likely not going be his head of house....."What electives will you take next year? I'm definitely going with comc, divination and possibly muggle studies. I really wish quidditch would come backt too." It was a love.

Eyes brightening further he beamed broadly at Naya "Yes I did. The swedish shortsnouts we're amazing to look at. I've got pictures if you want to see? They're really fascinating and I got new protective short snout skin gloves to use in classes." Among a few other souvenirs. "Wow, you really worked in a muggle animal hospital? Did you see any cool animals?" said a pinch of envy in his voice.

Cole nodded in response "Yes, I'm totally ready for our sixth year, aren't you?"

Cole seemed very excited about Care of Magical creatures class, as was Naya. Although, she didn’t exactly share his enthusiasm about dementors and such. “That is one class that I’m definitely ready for. I hope we get to study some interesting creatures this year.” COMC was Naya’s favorite. Growing up in the muggle world for the most part, had deprived her of the chance to encounter many of the magical creatures that were every day familiar to her classmates.

When Cole began listing his choice of electives for the upcoming year, Naya nodded along. “Same for me.” COMC went without saying. Divination was something that seemed interesting to the Gryffindor and Muggle Studies......well it was always fun to get the witch and wizard perspective on muggles. As for quidditch..... ”I hope quidditch comes back too. I’m more of a fan than a participant. Not exactly where my talent lies. But you though, you’re pretty good at it, I bet. Naya had never seen Cole play, but she just knew he’d be a good quidditch player. “What position do you play?”

And the dragons! There were pictures? “I would love to see your pictures. Man, I am so jealous. I can’t imagine seeing those awesome creatures up close.” The animals that Naya encountered in the animal hospital paled in comparison, but she did have a few interesting stories. “Well there were lots of cats and dogs, of course. The occasional bird came through.........but one person did bring a tarantula in.” It was really kind of cute in a weird way. Naya wasn’t particularly bothered by spiders, at least the normal sized ones. Acromantulas would be an entirely different story, she imagined. “Oh and the absolute strangest thing I saw was a baby alligator. I have no idea how the person came about having that. It had to be sent to a gator rescue program.”

As for being a sixth year......”I guess I’m as ready as I can be.” Naya didn’t really have a choice. It was coming whether she was ready or not. “I hope it will be a good year, without a lot of drama.” Was there ever a lack of drama at Hogwarts though?

You are Salt!
Old 04-22-2020, 05:55 AM   #52 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

SPOILER!!: Naya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer11 View Post
Cole seemed very excited about Care of Magical creatures class, as was Naya. Although, she didn’t exactly share his enthusiasm about dementors and such. “That is one class that I’m definitely ready for. I hope we get to study some interesting creatures this year.” COMC was Naya’s favorite. Growing up in the muggle world for the most part, had deprived her of the chance to encounter many of the magical creatures that were every day familiar to her classmates.

When Cole began listing his choice of electives for the upcoming year, Naya nodded along. “Same for me.” COMC went without saying. Divination was something that seemed interesting to the Gryffindor and Muggle Studies......well it was always fun to get the witch and wizard perspective on muggles. As for quidditch..... ”I hope quidditch comes back too. I’m more of a fan than a participant. Not exactly where my talent lies. But you though, you’re pretty good at it, I bet. Naya had never seen Cole play, but she just knew he’d be a good quidditch player. “What position do you play?”

And the dragons! There were pictures? “I would love to see your pictures. Man, I am so jealous. I can’t imagine seeing those awesome creatures up close.” The animals that Naya encountered in the animal hospital paled in comparison, but she did have a few interesting stories. “Well there were lots of cats and dogs, of course. The occasional bird came through.........but one person did bring a tarantula in.” It was really kind of cute in a weird way. Naya wasn’t particularly bothered by spiders, at least the normal sized ones. Acromantulas would be an entirely different story, she imagined. “Oh and the absolute strangest thing I saw was a baby alligator. I have no idea how the person came about having that. It had to be sent to a gator rescue program.”

As for being a sixth year......”I guess I’m as ready as I can be.” Naya didn’t really have a choice. It was coming whether she was ready or not. “I hope it will be a good year, without a lot of drama.” Was there ever a lack of drama at Hogwarts though?

"Have you got any favourite creatures?" Cole wondered curiously. Something told him that what he thought was interesting, maybe wasn't the same as Naya. "It'll be interesting to see at the feast too who will be replacing De Nostredame as our new professor. I hope it's someone cool." The french dude had been a bit too strict and odd with his french accent in his opinion.

"Don't you like runes or arithmancy?" He asked, just because he had somehow gotten the idea that Naya would be good in those subjects. "It'll be awesome that we'll be taking the same classes. We can team up for things then." There was Claudine too he suppposed be right now Cole didn't know if she was avoiding him and if it was going to continue at school too. Naya was easier. "Maybe you could commentate the matches if Quidditch comes back?" That was if she didn't find speaking to hundreds of student's scary. "I play beater or keeper mostly." He had practiced as that at camp at least.

Pulling a hand into his jacket pocket, Cole rummaged a round a little before he pulled out a few pictures that he pushed over the table at Naya. "Sorry if the quality is bad. I had never taken pictures with a muggle camera before this. The dragons we're pretty spectacular up close, but also scary." He had felt small in their presence. At the mention of the tarantula Cole made big eyes and visibly shuddered. "Someone had a tarantula as a pet? Those are creepy." What Naya said next was even weirder. Shaking his head in disbelief he asked "Are you allowed to own an alligator?" It seemed very, very unlikely.

Amused Cole stated. "Hogwarts isn't Hogwarts without a little drama. You know you'd miss it if nothing weird happened?"
Old 04-22-2020, 05:07 PM   #53 (permalink)

Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jordyn Guidry
Graduated
x5
dream until your • dreams come true ~ Human pygmy puff

SPOILER!!: Cole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post

"Have you got any favourite creatures?" Cole wondered curiously. Something told him that what he thought was interesting, maybe wasn't the same as Naya. "It'll be interesting to see at the feast too who will be replacing De Nostredame as our new professor. I hope it's someone cool." The french dude had been a bit too strict and odd with his french accent in his opinion.

"Don't you like runes or arithmancy?" He asked, just because he had somehow gotten the idea that Naya would be good in those subjects. "It'll be awesome that we'll be taking the same classes. We can team up for things then." There was Claudine too he suppposed be right now Cole didn't know if she was avoiding him and if it was going to continue at school too. Naya was easier. "Maybe you could commentate the matches if Quidditch comes back?" That was if she didn't find speaking to hundreds of student's scary. "I play beater or keeper mostly." He had practiced as that at camp at least.

Pulling a hand into his jacket pocket, Cole rummaged a round a little before he pulled out a few pictures that he pushed over the table at Naya. "Sorry if the quality is bad. I had never taken pictures with a muggle camera before this. The dragons we're pretty spectacular up close, but also scary." He had felt small in their presence. At the mention of the tarantula Cole made big eyes and visibly shuddered. "Someone had a tarantula as a pet? Those are creepy." What Naya said next was even weirder. Shaking his head in disbelief he asked "Are you allowed to own an alligator?" It seemed very, very unlikely.

Amused Cole stated. "Hogwarts isn't Hogwarts without a little drama. You know you'd miss it if nothing weird happened?"

Favorite creatures? Did Naya have any favorite creatures? Of course she did. ”Well I love dragons, if you didn’t guess that already........and........unicorns.” It was a little emabarrasing. She wasn’t seven and who loved unicorns besides seven year old girls? ”I know that’s a little contradictory. Dragons are fierce and unicorns...... they’re just so cute. I guess that’s just me, a study in contradictions. By the way, if you tell anyone I like unicorns..........” Naya felt that Cole could be trusted with her secret. She didn’t quite know why she felt that way, she just did.

“Runes and Arithmancy? I don’t exactly hate them, but they are not my favorites either. I mean I won’t lose any sleep if I don’t take those classes.” That was the truth. At the thought of taking multiple classes with Cole, Naya couldn’t help but smile. “Yeah, I’d like that”, she replied, to the idea of them teaming up in class. Her smile turned into outright laughter when Cole mentioned her announcing the Quidditch matches. “Um no. I don’t think that would be a good idea.” Naya wasn’t afraid of speaking in front of a crowd. “I just don’t know if my quidditch knowledge is good enough for that job.” The quidditch talk continued and Naya was surprised. “Keeper or beater huh? I figured you more as a seeker. Shows you how much I know about the game. I bet you’ve been playing since you were big enough to get on a broom.”

And then the dragon pictures! Naya reached across the table to accept the pictures from Cole. She would barely contain her excitement. “Cole, I cant believe you saw these dragons up close. They are so beautiful.” Naya flipped through the pictures in amazement. “Ok this is definitely going on my bucket list.” Naya thought maybe she could get to work with dragons one day. When Cole mentioned the tarantula, Naya looked up. You wouldn’t believe what people keep as pets. The tarantula wasn’t so bad. Not my choice of pet though.” The alligator was another story entirely. “Where I live, in Florida, you actually can have an alligator as a pet. You have to have a license and permits. It’s not really a common thing. I’m pretty sure that the baby alligator I saw was not gotten legally. That’s why he ended up in rescue. Do you have any pets?”

A Hogwarts without drama. That was a novel idea. When Cole said she would miss the drama during a term without it, Naya thought a bit. ”Would I? Would I though?” Maybe. Maybe not.

You are Salt!
Old 05-11-2020, 01:53 PM   #54 (permalink)
watch your back
Fire Slug

most go mad within weeks

Veering off from the other, the dark haired witch with a shaved side ponytail scrambled her way down the street and away from Ollivanders from whence she had fled. Too long had it been since she had tasted anything other than mush, so when her eyes fell on the butterbeer cart...she decided to make it rain. And with an old woman pushing the cart this would be easy work.

"Levicorpus!" she spat, hoisting the old woman into the air with a cackle and left her there to dangle by the ankle. "Bombarda Maxima!" she spat next, this time directing her magic towards the butterbeer cart itself.

KABOOM!

Cackling, she spun in the shower of butterbeer she had created with her mouth open to catch the droplets as they fell.
Old 05-11-2020, 02:24 PM   #55 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Jobberknoll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eron Rutherford
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jonathan Kim
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Kiko Koline
Law Enforcement
x4 x2
♣ Heejin here | Did somebody say coffee & cakes? | cat lover ♣

Jonathan went out to visit Noltie's Botanical Novelties for a quick shopping. He wanted to buy some mundane plants for his living room however he was told that they were all out since yesterday. Of course he didn't mind coming back in 2 days for his reserved plants but he is now out and about the street trying to decide if he wanted something to eat or drink. He stood by in one of the shades and before he could make a sudden turn a sudden explosion happened. He immediately took his wand out as this was his first instinct. He wasn't really sure what had happened since it was quick but he had this feeling it was nothing good at all.

Butterbeer everywhere... Is she an Azkaban prisoner? Wreaking havoc in this part of Diagon Alley? He aimed his wand directly at the mad woman who was enjoying herself to some free beverage "Stupefy!" he shouted.
Old 05-13-2020, 09:49 AM   #56 (permalink)
watch your back
Fire Slug

most go mad within weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjhm View Post
Jonathan went out to visit Noltie's Botanical Novelties for a quick shopping. He wanted to buy some mundane plants for his living room however he was told that they were all out since yesterday. Of course he didn't mind coming back in 2 days for his reserved plants but he is now out and about the street trying to decide if he wanted something to eat or drink. He stood by in one of the shades and before he could make a sudden turn a sudden explosion happened. He immediately took his wand out as this was his first instinct. He wasn't really sure what had happened since it was quick but he had this feeling it was nothing good at all.

Butterbeer everywhere... Is she an Azkaban prisoner? Wreaking havoc in this part of Diagon Alley? He aimed his wand directly at the mad woman who was enjoying herself to some free beverage "Stupefy!" he shouted.
Jumping up and down gleefully as droplets of butterbeer fell on her tongue, the witch was about to turn her attention back to her dangling plaything when she caught another movement out of the corner of her eye.

OH OH OH OH...the MAN thought he was SO clever. She knew what to do with clever men like this.

Leaping out of the way of his spell and landing all all fours like some ravenous creature, she cast her wand towards the elderly butterbeer lady and FLUNG her at the man.
Old 05-21-2020, 11:46 PM   #57 (permalink)
watch your back
Fire Slug

most go mad within weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkaban Escapees View Post
Jumping up and down gleefully as droplets of butterbeer fell on her tongue, the witch was about to turn her attention back to her dangling plaything when she caught another movement out of the corner of her eye.

OH OH OH OH...the MAN thought he was SO clever. She knew what to do with clever men like this.

Leaping out of the way of his spell and landing all all fours like some ravenous creature, she cast her wand towards the elderly butterbeer lady and FLUNG her at the man.
Stupid STUPID man.

Cackling as the butterbeer witch spun in the air like a rag doll, the Dark witch herself took this as the opportunity to make her great escape...which she did.

Pulling forth a clump of Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder she had pickpocketed from some child earlier and THRUST it to the ground beneath her. Cackling wildly, she spun around in the dark haze it created and when the dust settled...she was gone.