sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1285 users online including...
Holmesian Feline , PhoenixRising , Mutunsutt , Stevendalo , Svetlrmg , Miltonplame , Svetlkzt , AlbertFug , BrandonDar , Jacobzj

14 members
1271 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Diagon Alley Archive

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 09-23-2018, 06:00 PM

Default Shrunken Head Bowling Alley

Situated on the South Side of the Street you can find a rather hip spot: the Shrunken Head Bowling Alley. You heard that right: shrunken heads. There are no muggle bowling balls here. The shrunken heads have opinions and aren't shy to taunt and tell you if you are rubbish. Be aware too that the bowling pins have a tendency to suddenly disappear, move or reappear when you least want them to. Whether you're part of one of the leagues or if you're a social player, come on in: this is the perfect place to kick back with your mates and have a laugh.

The first thing you notice upon entering the bowling alley is the flashing banner right above the counter indicating that this is where the most important person of this establishment is and where you should go first. The counter has the perfect spot, overseeing all the other areas of the bowling alley, so don't try to sneak your way past. A little further down the counter, you can find the Snack Bar, should you feel hungry. It is also overseen by the shopkeeper, which is why the two are directly connected to each other so they can easily offer assistance at both in just a few steps.

Beyond the counter and snack bar awaits the bowling lanes, divided up into three sectors: One to Four, Five to Eight and Nine to Twelve. Even from here you can hear distinct shouts from one of the bowling balls, telling whoever just threw it what a terrible player they are and that they are probably better off going home and knitting a pair of nice woolen socks. Should you not be that much into bowling, make sure to check out the Gaming Corner slightly to the left of the bowling lanes. A small variety of games have been set up, providing you and your friends with an alternative to bowling.

Text Cut: Inventory
Bowling

1 Round, Single: 9 Sickles
2 Rounds, Single: 1 Galleon 1 Sickle
3 Rounds, Single: 1 Galleon 8 Sickles
4 Rounds, Single: 2 Galleons 2 Sickles
5 Rounds, Single: 2 Galleons 6 Sickles
Group (of 5 to 10): 7 Sickles/person/game
Larger groups/parties, please talk to the shopkeeper!

Foods

Pizza: 16 Sickles 3 Knuts
- Mooncalf Cheese
- Pepperoni
- Sausage
- Veggie
- Extreme
French Fries: 6 Sickles 19 Knuts
- Chili Fries
- Dragon Cheese Fries
- Flaming Chilli Cheese Fries*
Nimbus Biting Nachos:* 8 Sickles
Boneless Chicken Wings (+sauce): 11 Sickles 21 Knuts
- BBQ
- Mild
- Spicy
- Acid
- Dragon Blood
Hamburgers/Cheeseburgers: 15 Sickles 5 Knuts
Hot Dogs: 12 Sickles 6 Knuts
Orion Onion Rings: 7 Sickles 10 Knuts
Knickerbocker Glory: 9 Sickles 15 Knuts

Drinks

Sodas: 3 Sickles 8 Knuts
- Fizzy Flavors
- Italian Sodas
- Rootbeer
Juices: 4 Sickles 28 Knuts
- Lemonade
- Exploding Lemonade*
- Pumpkin
- Cherry Syrup
Butterbeer: 7 Sickles 15 Knuts
Firewhiskey: 8 Sickles 3 Knuts
Nettle wine: 8 Sickles 15 Knuts
Gillywater: 7 Sickles
Simison Steaming Stout: 7 Sickles 23 Knuts
Elderflower wine: 7 Sickles 15 Knuts

*The proprietor is not responsible for any injuries that may befall customers who drink/eat potentially hazardous items on the menu. If you don't know that the flames on the flaming chili cheese fries are real, and should be put out before consumption, then you shouldn't be eating them. You also shouldn't be drinking exploding lemonade or ordering biting nachos for that matter. Or Acid sauce. How is it you are capable of ordering for yourself?
This shop is NOT STAFFED and has a NPC shopkeeper.
Old 01-08-2020, 06:10 PM   #76 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Sure about what? He wondered and then realized she meant about knowing who he was. ”Well, that’s a really deep philosophical question there. I’m not sure if that’s first date material. Maybe more like second or third…” he quipped back. He was unable to hide his faint blush of embarrassment though which bloomed high on his cheekbones near his ears. ”But I’m glad you are you, you know?” She probably didn’t. But that was ok.

He turned back to the person behind the counter and asked for a lane and a pair of shoes (size 10) and then looked at Anna. ”Shoes?” he asked, because he was not going to even attempt to guess. Because he’d get it wrong and then she’d get mad and that would be a great start to their outing. Nope, he’s mamma taught him better than that. And she would know, being a former ambassador and all. ”New England. Mostly.” he said answering her question. ”Lived in Boston for a while, then New York. But I was born in Falmouth, England. Spent my early years there before mum got sent to Berlin. When dad got a coaching job in America and we went there and well, then I got accepted to Ilvermorny, so we just sorta stayed…” He trailed off, realizing he was rambling as the shoes were put on the counter. ”What about you?”

He grabbed his shoes, handed Anna hers, and then dug into his pocket to pay for the lane and the shoes. Guys paid on dates like this right? Man, he should have flooed his dad and asked. Or Uncle Hawk; Uncle Hawken always had good advice. It was too late now, so pay he did. ”Lane 9 look good to you?” he asked turning to see what was open.
Old 01-09-2020, 12:15 AM   #77 (permalink)

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Sure about what? He wondered and then realized she meant about knowing who he was. ”Well, that’s a really deep philosophical question there. I’m not sure if that’s first date material. Maybe more like second or third…” he quipped back. He was unable to hide his faint blush of embarrassment though which bloomed high on his cheekbones near his ears. ”But I’m glad you are you, you know?” She probably didn’t. But that was ok.

He turned back to the person behind the counter and asked for a lane and a pair of shoes (size 10) and then looked at Anna. ”Shoes?” he asked, because he was not going to even attempt to guess. Because he’d get it wrong and then she’d get mad and that would be a great start to their outing. Nope, he’s mamma taught him better than that. And she would know, being a former ambassador and all. ”New England. Mostly.” he said answering her question. ”Lived in Boston for a while, then New York. But I was born in Falmouth, England. Spent my early years there before mum got sent to Berlin. When dad got a coaching job in America and we went there and well, then I got accepted to Ilvermorny, so we just sorta stayed…” He trailed off, realizing he was rambling as the shoes were put on the counter. ”What about you?”

He grabbed his shoes, handed Anna hers, and then dug into his pocket to pay for the lane and the shoes. Guys paid on dates like this right? Man, he should have flooed his dad and asked. Or Uncle Hawk; Uncle Hawken always had good advice. It was too late now, so pay he did. ”Lane 9 look good to you?” he asked turning to see what was open.
At first Anna laughed at the time it took for him to get what she meant, but then she laughed again at his response. She missed his blushing completely thanks to her lack of observational skills, but she was still amused by his next comment. "Yeah, me too!" She chuckled. She was glad to be herself now that her life finally took a turn in the direction she wanted. In fact, one of the things that put her back in her good mood was the recent turn of events - PRO QUIDDITCH, MATE!!! Was she grinning a lot? That was probably it.

"Size five for me." She told the person behind the counter before glancing at Kalen with an amused half-smile. HALF his shoe size, blimey. Indeed, she was way too giddy about the Quidditch thing, that was probably why everything was amusing her to no end.

As they waited for the shoes, Anna continued to lean on the counter but kept looking at Kalen when he spoke about himself. Oh, goodie, a talker! She wouldn't have to work hard to get him to engage, that made her life easier. 'New England' didn't mean anything to her, to be honest, but once he started being a bit more specific she nodded along. At least she had heard of those places, so she wasn't completely ignorant about his area. When he mentioned where he had been born, though, her eyebrows shot right up. She was about to say something but he carried on talking, so she listened with genuine curiosity, nodding and 'oh!?' and 'uhu'-ing at key parts of his speech.

What about her!? "Wait, no, I have questions!" She chuckled, holding a hand up to stop him from changing topics so quickly. "But okay, I'm pretty boring compared to that. Born and bred in London, went up to Scotland when started at Hogwarts, of course, but now I'm in the West of England since joining the Tutshill Tornados!" She quickly finished with a bright grin because okay, joining a pro Quidditch team was actually not boring AT ALL, it was SUPER exciting and she was SUPER happy, but she still had questions about him and his story.

Getting her shoes, she thanked the counter person and glanced towards whatever lane he was talking about. "Yeah, sure!" She said, moving that way while untying the laces of her bowling shoes. "Falmouth, though! You know, my nemesis plays for the Falcons." She told him before laughing out loud. "And ironically, my brother's nemesis also plays for them. Huh." She added as if thinking out loud. She had never thought it it that way. Hah, that was hilarious! But enough about 'nemesis' - lol. "So your father is a coach??" Anna asked, looking at him curiously. Please elaborate, mister!

She didn't know much about Ilvermorny - only that Hogwarts was obviously better than it, teehee -, so she didn't have any comments or questions about that for now.

Sitting down, she took her own shoes off and started putting the bowling ones on.

Maybe you'll dance, scour the buffet, or end up gossiping talking amongst yourselves!
You're happy to go with the flow and see where the Yule Ball takes you!
Old 01-09-2020, 02:18 AM   #78 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

Questions? Having questions was a good thing. It meant he wasn’t being boring and that she was listening to his rambling. Which meant she was interested. Right? Only instead of asking her questions she answered his. It made him smile. ”Joining the Tornadoes as what?” he asked as he followed her to the lanes. ”Are you their new mascot?” he teased as he toed his shoes off. He could tell she was excited and her energy was catchy. It gave him a good feeling about things.

”Nemesis? Do people really have those?” he asked. He didn’t remember his father ever talking about his quidditch team having a rivalry with anyone so he didn't think that what she meant. Sitting he pulled on the bowling shoes and tied them with a double knot. ”I hope it’s not because they’re a Falcon because…err… my dad was a beater for them for six years.” Therefore he was sort of obligated to be a bit of a fan right? So if it was a rivalry, well, then perhaps this date wasn’t going to go too well. ”Now he’s coaching the American National Team.”

”So what are your questions?” He asked standing up. ”But first, where are the balls?” Because he didn’t see a single ball anywhere.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:00 PM   #79 (permalink)

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Quote:
Questions? Having questions was a good thing. It meant he wasn’t being boring and that she was listening to his rambling. Which meant she was interested. Right? Only instead of asking her questions she answered his. It made him smile. ”Joining the Tornadoes as what?” he asked as he followed her to the lanes. ”Are you their new mascot?” he teased as he toed his shoes off. He could tell she was excited and her energy was catchy. It gave him a good feeling about things.

”Nemesis? Do people really have those?” he asked. He didn’t remember his father ever talking about his quidditch team having a rivalry with anyone so he didn't think that what she meant. Sitting he pulled on the bowling shoes and tied them with a double knot. ”I hope it’s not because they’re a Falcon because…err… my dad was a beater for them for six years.” Therefore he was sort of obligated to be a bit of a fan right? So if it was a rivalry, well, then perhaps this date wasn’t going to go too well. ”Now he’s coaching the American National Team.”

”So what are your questions?” He asked standing up. ”But first, where are the balls?” Because he didn’t see a single ball anywhere.
Anna couldn't help but let out a loud laugh at his mascot comment. "Cheeky!" She said, giving him a playful shove that might or might not've been stronger than she planned because y'know, PROFESSIONAL Chaser with strong arms and all over here, ehehe. "Good one, though." She admitted, still chuckling and leaning over to finish tying her shoes. "No, I'm their new Chaser, thank you very much!" The girl beamed with pride and jokingly tossed her hair to the side because THAT WAS A HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT in her opinion, especially as she had JUST finished school and not many people became pros straight out of Hogwarts. JUST SAYIN'. Teeheehee!

As Kalen questioned her about the nemesis thing, she chuckled again as memories came flashing back. "Nah, it's not because they're Falcons. It's a school thing. One of their beaters hated my guts at Hogwarts. I'm pretty sure she still hates me today." Anna told him with a casual shrug because, truth be told, she was used to being hated by some of her housemates by the end of her school time. Gryffindors would Gryffindor, as some people would say. They were all just a passionate bunch, alright? Mmmmhm. "But I know some of the other players and they don't hate me." She waved a hand lazily as she explained. Thinking about it now, a few of the Falcons had gone to school with her at some point or another. One was her middle brother's old roommate and another was her eldest brother's first love interest. Wow. How weird.

Enough musing about that, because WAIT a minute, his father was the COACH for the USA NATIONAL TEAM??? "Their national Quidditch team??!?" She asked with wide eyes, juuust to be sure. Because weren't Americans big on that Quodpod rubbish? Not that she knew that much about said sport, but it definitely wasn't as exciting as Quidditch. Then again, nothing was, really. If that was true that was VERY IMPRESSIVE and the brunette let her admiration show because WOW. That was no small feat!

So her questions. "So what do you do?" Since his father was such an greatly accomplished figure within the Quidditch world - WAIT. "No, what's your surname?? Well, or what's your father's name, I should ask?" WOOPS, was all that a bit too awkward? Anna just wanted to know who the super cool guy was. She didn't know the name of the USA National Quidditch team coach and that was kind of embarrassing. It was horribly embarrassing, actually. And she called herself a pro! She kicked herself mentally. Shame on you, Anna!

When he asked where the balls were she, again, laughed. This bloke was too funny! "There are no actual bowling balls here. We play with the talking heads!" She said, gesturing towards a group of the shrunken heads that would literally NOT shut up. "Have you never been here before??" She asked, giving him an amused smile and going to get one of the shrunken heads. "They're quite friendly, really." Anna added, grabbing one of the heads which proceeded to curse her for not holding it properly.

Maybe you'll dance, scour the buffet, or end up gossiping talking amongst yourselves!
Old 01-21-2020, 03:05 AM   #80 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

Text Cut: Anna
QUOTE=Hey Ju;12441682]Anna couldn't help but let out a loud laugh at his mascot comment. "Cheeky!" She said, giving him a playful shove that might or might not've been stronger than she planned because y'know, PROFESSIONAL Chaser with strong arms and all over here, ehehe. "Good one, though." She admitted, still chuckling and leaning over to finish tying her shoes. "No, I'm their new Chaser, thank you very much!" The girl beamed with pride and jokingly tossed her hair to the side because THAT WAS A HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT in her opinion, especially as she had JUST finished school and not many people became pros straight out of Hogwarts. JUST SAYIN'. Teeheehee!

As Kalen questioned her about the nemesis thing, she chuckled again as memories came flashing back. "Nah, it's not because they're Falcons. It's a school thing. One of their beaters hated my guts at Hogwarts. I'm pretty sure she still hates me today." Anna told him with a casual shrug because, truth be told, she was used to being hated by some of her housemates by the end of her school time. Gryffindors would Gryffindor, as some people would say. They were all just a passionate bunch, alright? Mmmmhm. "But I know some of the other players and they don't hate me." She waved a hand lazily as she explained. Thinking about it now, a few of the Falcons had gone to school with her at some point or another. One was her middle brother's old roommate and another was her eldest brother's first love interest. Wow. How weird.

Enough musing about that, because WAIT a minute, his father was the COACH for the USA NATIONAL TEAM??? "Their national Quidditch team??!?" She asked with wide eyes, juuust to be sure. Because weren't Americans big on that Quodpod rubbish? Not that she knew that much about said sport, but it definitely wasn't as exciting as Quidditch. Then again, nothing was, really. If that was true that was VERY IMPRESSIVE and the brunette let her admiration show because WOW. That was no small feat!

So her questions. "So what do you do?" Since his father was such an greatly accomplished figure within the Quidditch world - WAIT. "No, what's your surname?? Well, or what's your father's name, I should ask?" WOOPS, was all that a bit too awkward? Anna just wanted to know who the super cool guy was. She didn't know the name of the USA National Quidditch team coach and that was kind of embarrassing. It was horribly embarrassing, actually. And she called herself a pro! She kicked herself mentally. Shame on you, Anna!

When he asked where the balls were she, again, laughed. This bloke was too funny! "There are no actual bowling balls here. We play with the talking heads!" She said, gesturing towards a group of the shrunken heads that would literally NOT shut up. "Have you never been here before??" She asked, giving him an amused smile and going to get one of the shrunken heads. "They're quite friendly, really." Anna added, grabbing one of the heads which proceeded to curse her for not holding it properly.
[/QUOTE]

The push was unexpected. Even more so, was the strength behind it. With his foot-half in the shoe, he tumbled over to the side, but quickly caught himself so he didn’t fall over. Thank Merlin he hadn’t fallen over, because hopping hippogriffs that would have been embarrassing! ”A chaser, eh?” he asked pleased that she was laughing. It might have been at his expense but…nope nope! She liked his joke. A big cheesy smile filled his face. ”Well that explains a lot. Congrats. I’m sure it was hard earned.” And he meant it. He hoped his smile expressed that to her.

Oh good, she didn’t have a problem with the Falcons. Not only was he relieved because it meant she was less likely to have a problem with his dad and well, the Falcons were the only team he really knew much about. Well, now he knew at least one thing about the Tornados too. [b]”What could you have done to have someone hate you?”[/] his eyebrows shot up a little at the idea. Because honestly, Kalen couldn’t think of any reason why someone would hate someone. Maybe Kalen was just too much of a people person to have enemies. ”I can’t imagine having someone hate you. Did you run over her cat or something?”

Kalen was reaching for one of the weird head thingies when Anna got loud. He jumped slightly, hand pulling back from the head. It made a snarky comment to him about being a scaredy cat. ”Um….” he scratched the back of his neck with a hand as his cheeks flushed. ”Yeah….well, at the moment. Who knows what’ll happen before the next quidditch cup. He’s been threatening to quite for years.” It was true. Every few months, his dad would come home, sweep his mom off her feet and then complain about how he wanted to quite and just stay home with her. It was all quite embarrassing kind of cute.

He reached for one of the heads again. This time he managed to pick it up. He tossed it up and down a few times trying to get a feel for its weight. The head made some sort of muffle comment about his mom being a aardvark. He scowled at it and gave it another toss just to mess with it. ”Me? Well, I’m at Col-no…no…you guys call it University – right?” because he was still not quite sure about all of that. ”I’m studying to be a medi-wizard. With a focus on sports magic.” He was now tossing the head thingie back and forth between two hands like a basketball. ”Weiland,” he said simply. Then added, ”Tristan Weialnd.” And now he felt like a dumb American pretending to be James Bond.

He was about to put the head back when Anna said they were the balls. ”Really? How weird,” he had thought they were just for decoration. Well, it appeared he’d already picked out his ball. ”Nope, this is really my first time out since I’ve arrived in England.” He shrugged refusing to be embarrassed about what he was going to admit next. ”I really don’t know anyone in England and school’s been keeping me busy.”
Old 02-01-2020, 09:26 PM   #81 (permalink)

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Text Cut: Kalen!
Quote:
QUOTE=Hey Ju;12441682]Anna couldn't help but let out a loud laugh at his mascot comment. "Cheeky!" She said, giving him a playful shove that might or might not've been stronger than she planned because y'know, PROFESSIONAL Chaser with strong arms and all over here, ehehe. "Good one, though." She admitted, still chuckling and leaning over to finish tying her shoes. "No, I'm their new Chaser, thank you very much!" The girl beamed with pride and jokingly tossed her hair to the side because THAT WAS A HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT in her opinion, especially as she had JUST finished school and not many people became pros straight out of Hogwarts. JUST SAYIN'. Teeheehee!

The push was unexpected. Even more so, was the strength behind it. With his foot-half in the shoe, he tumbled over to the side, but quickly caught himself so he didn’t fall over. Thank Merlin he hadn’t fallen over, because hopping hippogriffs that would have been embarrassing! ”A chaser, eh?” he asked pleased that she was laughing. It might have been at his expense but…nope nope! She liked his joke. A big cheesy smile filled his face. ”Well that explains a lot. Congrats. I’m sure it was hard earned.” And he meant it. He hoped his smile expressed that to her.

Oh good, she didn’t have a problem with the Falcons. Not only was he relieved because it meant she was less likely to have a problem with his dad and well, the Falcons were the only team he really knew much about. Well, now he knew at least one thing about the Tornados too. [b]”What could you have done to have someone hate you?”[/] his eyebrows shot up a little at the idea. Because honestly, Kalen couldn’t think of any reason why someone would hate someone. Maybe Kalen was just too much of a people person to have enemies. ”I can’t imagine having someone hate you. Did you run over her cat or something?”

Kalen was reaching for one of the weird head thingies when Anna got loud. He jumped slightly, hand pulling back from the head. It made a snarky comment to him about being a scaredy cat. ”Um….” he scratched the back of his neck with a hand as his cheeks flushed. ”Yeah….well, at the moment. Who knows what’ll happen before the next quidditch cup. He’s been threatening to quite for years.” It was true. Every few months, his dad would come home, sweep his mom off her feet and then complain about how he wanted to quite and just stay home with her. It was all quite embarrassing kind of cute.

He reached for one of the heads again. This time he managed to pick it up. He tossed it up and down a few times trying to get a feel for its weight. The head made some sort of muffle comment about his mom being a aardvark. He scowled at it and gave it another toss just to mess with it. ”Me? Well, I’m at Col-no…no…you guys call it University – right?” because he was still not quite sure about all of that. ”I’m studying to be a medi-wizard. With a focus on sports magic.” He was now tossing the head thingie back and forth between two hands like a basketball. ”Weiland,” he said simply. Then added, ”Tristan Weialnd.” And now he felt like a dumb American pretending to be James Bond.

He was about to put the head back when Anna said they were the balls. ”Really? How weird,” he had thought they were just for decoration. Well, it appeared he’d already picked out his ball. ”Nope, this is really my first time out since I’ve arrived in England.” He shrugged refusing to be embarrassed about what he was going to admit next. ”I really don’t know anyone in England and school’s been keeping me busy.”
[/QUOTE]

"Oops, sorry!" Anna grinned sheepishly after he nearly fell over thanks to her gentle-not-so-gentle shove. She blamed it on having two older brothers. "Yep! In the starting team too!" Not a reserve or anything like that. Aaahhhh!! She quickly went back to beaming with pride because they were talking about her brand new start to her hopefully very successful Quidditch career. Aw, LOOK at him and that cute smile. He was genuinely happy for her, wasn't he? That was nice. She appreciated that more than he knew. "Thanks so much! I'm super excited!" And she kind of hoped none of her team would hate her this time, lol. That was hard work, to say the least.

Anna couldn't help but chuckle and shake her head, somewhat amused by the topic of their conversation. If she had run over her cat? She laughed. "No, nothing like that. I think she would've hated me less if I had done that. Or not." Who really knew what went on in Zoryn Spinnet's head. Certainly not Anna. "I made her best friend a sub instead of putting her in the starting team one year. The girl has hated my guts more than anything ever since even though she was on the starting team." Anna held an amused smile on even though she was rolling her eyes. "You would've thought sending a bludger at my face and breaking my nose would've been enough to calm her down, but nope!" Anna laughed at the memory. Haters were gonna hate, they said. "There was this other guy who also hated me when I didn't put him in the starting team. You know what Gryffindors are like." Wait, did he? "Not everyone who didn't make the team hated me, though, just those two. Although they did try to get more people to join their I-Hate-Anna club, but I don't think it worked." She finished with a shrug and a grin.

Okay, but THIS was THE best piece of info so FAR. She was on a blind date with the son of the American Quidditch Team's coach, MERLIN!! What were the ODDS??? Anna admittedly had a very hard time hiding her excitement and awe. To be honest, she didn't really try that hard. But his dad had been threatening to quit?? "Really? Why? Unless it's personal, then you don't need to tell me. Or you don't need to tell me either way, really." Wow, wait to go, Anna. Internal facepalm.

Anna was so used to the way the shrunken heads talked that their comments were mostly missed by her, but it was also probably because Kalen was turning out to be a great conversationalist and she liked that very much. "Ohh, is that why you came to the UK? For uni?" A medi-wizard with a focus on sports magic!? "Handy!" She said, half joking, half serious, giving him a nod of approval. "We do need those quite a lot. I did mention my former teammate breaking my nose with a bludger, didn't I?" She laughed as she finished putting her shoes on and standing back up straight. She was ready to kick his bum play some talking head bowling!

Tristan Weiland. She nodded again, trying to make a mental note to not forget that name. She was rubbish with names, though, so that would be a bit difficult. "I'll make sure to get a copy of the next magazine that writes an article on him!" She grinned. The thought momentarily distracted her to the fact that Quidditch magazines might even start to mention her sooner than later and that thought was WILD. In a very exciting way!

That was his first time out since he arrived in the country!? "You must be studying hard then." She gave him a cheeky look to see if he'd confirm that. Depending on his answer she could start gauging what kind of person he was. "Merlin, you need to get out more! Have you been to any matches yet?" And of course she meant Quidditch because duh! She looked at the shrunken head that had sworn at her, unfazed, and tossed it up and down. Yep, that one was good enough. Was she first up? Teehee, she would be!

Standing a few feet behind the bowling line, Anna eyed the pins intently, measured out the distance and her aim before swinging her 'shrunken-head-arm' back as she stepped forward, sending the talkative head rolling towards the pins. Fun times!

Old 02-04-2020, 08:34 PM   #82 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
"Oops, sorry!" Anna grinned sheepishly after he nearly fell over thanks to her gentle-not-so-gentle shove. She blamed it on having two older brothers. "Yep! In the starting team too!" Not a reserve or anything like that. Aaahhhh!! She quickly went back to beaming with pride because they were talking about her brand new start to her hopefully very successful Quidditch career. Aw, LOOK at him and that cute smile. He was genuinely happy for her, wasn't he? That was nice. She appreciated that more than he knew. "Thanks so much! I'm super excited!" And she kind of hoped none of her team would hate her this time, lol. That was hard work, to say the least.

Anna couldn't help but chuckle and shake her head, somewhat amused by the topic of their conversation. If she had run over her cat? She laughed. "No, nothing like that. I think she would've hated me less if I had done that. Or not." Who really knew what went on in Zoryn Spinnet's head. Certainly not Anna. "I made her best friend a sub instead of putting her in the starting team one year. The girl has hated my guts more than anything ever since even though she was on the starting team." Anna held an amused smile on even though she was rolling her eyes. "You would've thought sending a bludger at my face and breaking my nose would've been enough to calm her down, but nope!" Anna laughed at the memory. Haters were gonna hate, they said. "There was this other guy who also hated me when I didn't put him in the starting team. You know what Gryffindors are like." Wait, did he? "Not everyone who didn't make the team hated me, though, just those two. Although they did try to get more people to join their I-Hate-Anna club, but I don't think it worked." She finished with a shrug and a grin.

Okay, but THIS was THE best piece of info so FAR. She was on a blind date with the son of the American Quidditch Team's coach, MERLIN!! What were the ODDS??? Anna admittedly had a very hard time hiding her excitement and awe. To be honest, she didn't really try that hard. But his dad had been threatening to quit?? "Really? Why? Unless it's personal, then you don't need to tell me. Or you don't need to tell me either way, really." Wow, wait to go, Anna. Internal facepalm.

Anna was so used to the way the shrunken heads talked that their comments were mostly missed by her, but it was also probably because Kalen was turning out to be a great conversationalist and she liked that very much. "Ohh, is that why you came to the UK? For uni?" A medi-wizard with a focus on sports magic!? "Handy!" She said, half joking, half serious, giving him a nod of approval. "We do need those quite a lot. I did mention my former teammate breaking my nose with a bludger, didn't I?" She laughed as she finished putting her shoes on and standing back up straight. She was ready to kick his bum play some talking head bowling!

Tristan Weiland. She nodded again, trying to make a mental note to not forget that name. She was rubbish with names, though, so that would be a bit difficult. "I'll make sure to get a copy of the next magazine that writes an article on him!" She grinned. The thought momentarily distracted her to the fact that Quidditch magazines might even start to mention her sooner than later and that thought was WILD. In a very exciting way!

That was his first time out since he arrived in the country!? "You must be studying hard then." She gave him a cheeky look to see if he'd confirm that. Depending on his answer she could start gauging what kind of person he was. "Merlin, you need to get out more! Have you been to any matches yet?" And of course she meant Quidditch because duh! She looked at the shrunken head that had sworn at her, unfazed, and tossed it up and down. Yep, that one was good enough. Was she first up? Teehee, she would be!

Standing a few feet behind the bowling line, Anna eyed the pins intently, measured out the distance and her aim before swinging her 'shrunken-head-arm' back as she stepped forward, sending the talkative head rolling towards the pins. Fun times!

”Well, I hope I get to see you play sometime,” he managed to get out without blushing too much. Was he being too forward with that comment? He didn’t think so, but if he was, he hoped Anna would just think he was being overly supportive or a big quidditch fan. He wasn’t though. He knew the sport, had even played it a few times with his friends back in America, but he wasn’t a jock. Not, at least like most people expected a former pro-quidditch player’s son to be.

”So,” he repeated trying to understand the situation between Anna and her mortal enemy. ”She didn’t like you because you were doing your job as, I assume, the team captain?” He was also assuming that British quidditch teams weren’t run by an adult coach too. But it was the comment about breaking Anna’s nose with a bludger that registered and raised Kalen’s hackles the most. He was, after all, training to be a healer and quidditch was a rough enough game without adding superfluous feelings to it. ”I hope she didn’t make the pros then. An attitude like that isn’t going to let you get far.” He pursed his lips together wondering if he was being too forward with his opinions and then without thinking, he said, ”Both my parents were Gryffindors.”

The comment worked with Anna’s next question. ”No, it’s fine.” he watched her finish putting on her shoes as he continued to toss the head/ball up and down in the air. ”Mom worked in international politics. We moved a lot because of it. And in season, dad was gone for quidditch, you know, and well, I think he just wants to spend more time with her?” He shrugged. As an 19 year old boy, you weren’t supposed to admire your parents love life…right? And yet, he really wanted to have someone in his life that he admired like his dad admired his mom. [b]”Can’t imagine him not doing something quidditch-y though.”

Anna was turning out to be really fun and upbeat. Not too much drama like some girls could be. Even her question about his study habits seemed playful and well-intentioned. ”Yeah, it’s a lot of work. Lots of stuff to learn.” Especially potions, which wasn’t his greatest subject. That’s what had been taking up most of his time. He watched her toss the head/ball down the lane with ease and what he thought was easy grace. It appeared that sports really were her thing. Merlin, he hoped he didn’t look like a total tool doing this.

”What?” he asked as Anna turned around. He’d completely missed her question about catching a game. He blushed a deep red because he hadn’t just been distracted by his own fear of looking like a fool. He had been, um…distracted by Anna’s um... actions…yes actions! He quickly stepped up onto the lanes, hoping she hadn’t seen him. He took a few steps and sent the ball/head thingie down the alley and – right – into – the gutter.

Sigh. So much for not looking like a dork.
Old 02-05-2020, 05:29 PM   #83 (permalink)

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Quote:
”Well, I hope I get to see you play sometime,” he managed to get out without blushing too much. Was he being too forward with that comment? He didn’t think so, but if he was, he hoped Anna would just think he was being overly supportive or a big quidditch fan. He wasn’t though. He knew the sport, had even played it a few times with his friends back in America, but he wasn’t a jock. Not, at least like most people expected a former pro-quidditch player’s son to be.

”So,” he repeated trying to understand the situation between Anna and her mortal enemy. ”She didn’t like you because you were doing your job as, I assume, the team captain?” He was also assuming that British quidditch teams weren’t run by an adult coach too. But it was the comment about breaking Anna’s nose with a bludger that registered and raised Kalen’s hackles the most. He was, after all, training to be a healer and quidditch was a rough enough game without adding superfluous feelings to it. ”I hope she didn’t make the pros then. An attitude like that isn’t going to let you get far.” He pursed his lips together wondering if he was being too forward with his opinions and then without thinking, he said, ”Both my parents were Gryffindors.”

The comment worked with Anna’s next question. ”No, it’s fine.” he watched her finish putting on her shoes as he continued to toss the head/ball up and down in the air. ”Mom worked in international politics. We moved a lot because of it. And in season, dad was gone for quidditch, you know, and well, I think he just wants to spend more time with her?” He shrugged. As an 19 year old boy, you weren’t supposed to admire your parents love life…right? And yet, he really wanted to have someone in his life that he admired like his dad admired his mom. [b]”Can’t imagine him not doing something quidditch-y though.”

Anna was turning out to be really fun and upbeat. Not too much drama like some girls could be. Even her question about his study habits seemed playful and well-intentioned. ”Yeah, it’s a lot of work. Lots of stuff to learn.” Especially potions, which wasn’t his greatest subject. That’s what had been taking up most of his time. He watched her toss the head/ball down the lane with ease and what he thought was easy grace. It appeared that sports really were her thing. Merlin, he hoped he didn’t look like a total tool doing this.

”What?” he asked as Anna turned around. He’d completely missed her question about catching a game. He blushed a deep red because he hadn’t just been distracted by his own fear of looking like a fool. He had been, um…distracted by Anna’s um... actions…yes actions! He quickly stepped up onto the lanes, hoping she hadn’t seen him. He took a few steps and sent the ball/head thingie down the alley and – right – into – the gutter.

Sigh. So much for not looking like a dork.

Had Anna been observant at all, she might've noticed the slight blushing and perhaps even the true meaning behind his words, but as it was, she just beamed excitedly at him because OBVIOUSLY he was excited about Quidditch too! "I hope so too!" She replied more innocently than maybe she should have.

She listened and nodded as he stated the truth about her Captaincy situation."Yep. And it seems she's pretty good at holding grudges." Anna added, never letting her amused smile vanish as she shook her head. "The best friend and I were, well, we are really, in good terms, yet she still hates my guts." She shrugged, not particularly bothered about the whole thing. It had been literal years now, that had been plenty of time to get used to it. He hoped she hadn't made the pros? "Oh, but she did. She's a pretty good player, see, that's why I kept her on the team. I heard she was suspended for something or another a little while ago, though. Not sure what it was, but I have to say I wasn't one bit surprised." The brunette chuckled, rolling her eyes at the memories of the typical Zoryn-way-of-life.

Anna raised her eyebrows when he said both his parents had been Gryffindors. "Oh, so you do know what we're like." She laughed. "So do you think you would've been one too if you had gone to Hogwarts?" Not that she thought it was all necessarily related, since her own mother was a Ravenclaw.

Glancing up every now and then from tying her shoelaces as he explained about his parents, Anna couldn't help but smile. "Aw, that's... that's kind of adorable, actually." She told him truthfully, happy that his parents were still so happy after what she believed were years and years. Their son was around her age, after all! International politics sounded like it was one of the most boring things in the planet, though, wowzah. "Is that why he hasn't quit yet? Because it's Quidditch?" Anna totally got that! "Then again, there's a lot more you can do in the field. Though..." She paused to think for a moment or two before continuing. "I can't imagine what would be cooler than being the National Team's coach! Maybe playing on the team, but that's about it." Basically what she was saying was that she was glad that wasn't a choice she had to make! Quidditch was LIFE!!!

It was a lot that he had to learn. "Oh, I bet. I couldn't imagine myself carrying on with studies, to be quite honest. Did enough brain-frying at Hogwarts to last me a lifetime, thanks!" Anna said as she watched her talking head - lol - not quite striking all the pins. "Meh." Although she had hit a few, she decided she was just warming up. Just testing the waters, y'know?

Turning around and glancing over her shoulder at the pins one last time, she then gave Kalen a funny look when 'what' was all he said. "I said you need to get out more!" She chuckled, missing his blushing completely as she watched him go onto the lane and send the shrunken head to... the gutter. She bit her bottom lip to stop herself from laughing out loud. Would it be horrible if she asked him if he wanted the little - what were they called? - side barriers up? Maybe he'd feel that was too humiliating and that was the last thing she wanted to make him feel right now. It seemed like his playing would already make sure of that. Bless. Shrunken Head Bowling could be a harsh game!! Not really.

"Do you want to have another go?" She chuckle but tried her hardest to not sound too amused. She did have to keep biting her lip every now and again just to make sure she didn't give the wrong impression. She wasn't trying to mock him, she promised! "Oh wait, no, it's my turn!" She added before he could say anything because her name just flashed above the lane again. Grabbing another talking head, she held it up first to feel its weight - and to make it say things about how uncomfortable her grip was, because she thought that was funny - then to start aiming again. Without wasting time, she stepped forward once again and rolling went the head as it continued to make comments, this time a little bit faster and stronger than the last. "STRIKE, WOOOOO!!" Both her fists went up as the flashing thing made sure to keep the score. "Not bad!" She looked up at it before turning to grin at Kalen.

Those thingies were good at keeping track of the game, huh?

Old 02-06-2020, 12:34 AM   #84 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

Quote:
Had Anna been observant at all, she might've noticed the slight blushing and perhaps even the true meaning behind his words, but as it was, she just beamed excitedly at him because OBVIOUSLY he was excited about Quidditch too! "I hope so too!" She replied more innocently than maybe she should have.

She listened and nodded as he stated the truth about her Captaincy situation."Yep. And it seems she's pretty good at holding grudges." Anna added, never letting her amused smile vanish as she shook her head. "The best friend and I were, well, we are really, in good terms, yet she still hates my guts." She shrugged, not particularly bothered about the whole thing. It had been literal years now, that had been plenty of time to get used to it. He hoped she hadn't made the pros? "Oh, but she did. She's a pretty good player, see, that's why I kept her on the team. I heard she was suspended for something or another a little while ago, though. Not sure what it was, but I have to say I wasn't one bit surprised." The brunette chuckled, rolling her eyes at the memories of the typical Zoryn-way-of-life.

Anna raised her eyebrows when he said both his parents had been Gryffindors. "Oh, so you do know what we're like." She laughed. "So do you think you would've been one too if you had gone to Hogwarts?" Not that she thought it was all necessarily related, since her own mother was a Ravenclaw.

Glancing up every now and then from tying her shoelaces as he explained about his parents, Anna couldn't help but smile. "Aw, that's... that's kind of adorable, actually." She told him truthfully, happy that his parents were still so happy after what she believed were years and years. Their son was around her age, after all! International politics sounded like it was one of the most boring things in the planet, though, wowzah. "Is that why he hasn't quit yet? Because it's Quidditch?" Anna totally got that! "Then again, there's a lot more you can do in the field. Though..." She paused to think for a moment or two before continuing. "I can't imagine what would be cooler than being the National Team's coach! Maybe playing on the team, but that's about it." Basically what she was saying was that she was glad that wasn't a choice she had to make! Quidditch was LIFE!!!

It was a lot that he had to learn. "Oh, I bet. I couldn't imagine myself carrying on with studies, to be quite honest. Did enough brain-frying at Hogwarts to last me a lifetime, thanks!" Anna said as she watched her talking head - lol - not quite striking all the pins. "Meh." Although she had hit a few, she decided she was just warming up. Just testing the waters, y'know?

Turning around and glancing over her shoulder at the pins one last time, she then gave Kalen a funny look when 'what' was all he said. "I said you need to get out more!" She chuckled, missing his blushing completely as she watched him go onto the lane and send the shrunken head to... the gutter. She bit her bottom lip to stop herself from laughing out loud. Would it be horrible if she asked him if he wanted the little - what were they called? - side barriers up? Maybe he'd feel that was too humiliating and that was the last thing she wanted to make him feel right now. It seemed like his playing would already make sure of that. Bless. Shrunken Head Bowling could be a harsh game!! Not really.

"Do you want to have another go?" She chuckle but tried her hardest to not sound too amused. She did have to keep biting her lip every now and again just to make sure she didn't give the wrong impression. She wasn't trying to mock him, she promised! "Oh wait, no, it's my turn!" She added before he could say anything because her name just flashed above the lane again. Grabbing another talking head, she held it up first to feel its weight - and to make it say things about how uncomfortable her grip was, because she thought that was funny - then to start aiming again. Without wasting time, she stepped forward once again and rolling went the head as it continued to make comments, this time a little bit faster and stronger than the last. "STRIKE, WOOOOO!!" Both her fists went up as the flashing thing made sure to keep the score. "Not bad!" She looked up at it before turning to grin at Kalen.

Those thingies were good at keeping track of the game, huh?

Oh good, she hadn’t thought he was too forward. But then again…he had the feeling she hadn’t understood his meaning? Maybe he really had to be very direct? Eh…he’d see where the night went. Honestly? Her enthusiasm was a bit charming in that ‘I am so happy with life I don’t care’ sort of way. The suspension wasn’t surprising. At least not from what Anna was telling him. It was a bit surprising that Anna was so unphased by it though. Clearly she wasn’t the type to hold grudges. He liked that. ”But she’s not on your team now?” he asked not sure if he hoped the girl was or wasn’t. It was things like this had sort of kept him from being on sports teams in school himself. Well, that and his general lack of athletic ability.

Oh he made her laugh again. Good! He really liked her laugh. ”Well, sort of,” he knew how his parents were. Were all Gryffindors like his folks? He really didn’t know. ”I’m not sure…probably. I don’t know if I’d really have fit in with the other houses from what my parents and their friends have told me.” He was specifically thinking of Uncle Hawkin – the most intelligent person he knew and who had been a Ravenclaw. If he remembered correctly, both sides of his family had been in various houses at Hogwarts. ”I haven’t given it much thought to be honest.” He had enjoyed school at Ilvermorny, but then he hadn’t known anything else.

”Probably. Most professional quidditch players seem to share your outlook.” He didn’t. He wasn’t the greatest at flying and he certainly wasn’t a sportsman. But he did enjoy watching and wished he could partake in some way. Hence the sports-magic field. Besides, he was good at healing. Or so he’d been told over the years. ”He says it a lot of hard work, coaching. I think he misses playing. Sometimes, I think he wishes I had inherited his skills.” Because he hadn’t. If his bowling skills hadn’t expressed that yet.

”Well, that’s what I’m doing now, isn’t it?” he asked as he watched her walk back towards him. ”And maybe you can help me with it. Um…you know…show me the sights? I’m sure you know a few good places to eat.” Maybe he would have been a Gryffindor? How was that for bravery? Jumping in head-first by asking a girl he had just met to hang out again…”Like…get dinner sometime?”

He wasn’t at all surprised when he turned around to see that Anna was trying not to laugh at him. He was only a little bit embarrassed. He had long ago come to terms with his lack of physical coordination. It was ok with him though, because she was smiling and enjoying herself. He watched her toss another head down the lanes and then picked his back up from the rack. It was telling him that he couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn if the barn was two feet away, and well, Kalen was pretty sure the head was correct. ”You’re pretty good at this,” he said as all the pins went down. He was a bit distracted by her big smile.

It was his turn. ”Right, well, here goes….” He walked up and hurled the head down the lanes. This time it stayed on, knocking down a few pins.
Old 02-07-2020, 07:20 PM   #85 (permalink)

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Quote:
Oh good, she hadn’t thought he was too forward. But then again…he had the feeling she hadn’t understood his meaning? Maybe he really had to be very direct? Eh…he’d see where the night went. Honestly? Her enthusiasm was a bit charming in that ‘I am so happy with life I don’t care’ sort of way. The suspension wasn’t surprising. At least not from what Anna was telling him. It was a bit surprising that Anna was so unphased by it though. Clearly she wasn’t the type to hold grudges. He liked that. ”But she’s not on your team now?” he asked not sure if he hoped the girl was or wasn’t. It was things like this had sort of kept him from being on sports teams in school himself. Well, that and his general lack of athletic ability.

Oh he made her laugh again. Good! He really liked her laugh. ”Well, sort of,” he knew how his parents were. Were all Gryffindors like his folks? He really didn’t know. ”I’m not sure…probably. I don’t know if I’d really have fit in with the other houses from what my parents and their friends have told me.” He was specifically thinking of Uncle Hawkin – the most intelligent person he knew and who had been a Ravenclaw. If he remembered correctly, both sides of his family had been in various houses at Hogwarts. ”I haven’t given it much thought to be honest.” He had enjoyed school at Ilvermorny, but then he hadn’t known anything else.

”Probably. Most professional quidditch players seem to share your outlook.” He didn’t. He wasn’t the greatest at flying and he certainly wasn’t a sportsman. But he did enjoy watching and wished he could partake in some way. Hence the sports-magic field. Besides, he was good at healing. Or so he’d been told over the years. ”He says it a lot of hard work, coaching. I think he misses playing. Sometimes, I think he wishes I had inherited his skills.” Because he hadn’t. If his bowling skills hadn’t expressed that yet.

”Well, that’s what I’m doing now, isn’t it?” he asked as he watched her walk back towards him. ”And maybe you can help me with it. Um…you know…show me the sights? I’m sure you know a few good places to eat.” Maybe he would have been a Gryffindor? How was that for bravery? Jumping in head-first by asking a girl he had just met to hang out again…”Like…get dinner sometime?”

He wasn’t at all surprised when he turned around to see that Anna was trying not to laugh at him. He was only a little bit embarrassed. He had long ago come to terms with his lack of physical coordination. It was ok with him though, because she was smiling and enjoying herself. He watched her toss another head down the lanes and then picked his back up from the rack. It was telling him that he couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn if the barn was two feet away, and well, Kalen was pretty sure the head was correct. ”You’re pretty good at this,” he said as all the pins went down. He was a bit distracted by her big smile.

It was his turn. ”Right, well, here goes….” He walked up and hurled the head down the lanes. This time it stayed on, knocking down a few pins.

If Zoryn was on her team? "Oh, no, no, nooo." She said emphatically, shaking her head multiple times. "Long story short, she was on my team when we played for Gryffindor, at first we were friends, then we weren't, then we were in opposite teams for the U17 league, which was when she broke my nose, and now I play for the Tornados and she plays for the Falcons." Anna nodded as she finished. "I need to remember to keep an eye on her whenever we play in the future." She added with a chuckle.

"Well, look at that, we would've been in the same house then!" She said with a grin. "How old are you? Maybe same year too! What are the odds, ha! Did your school have a kind of house system too? How does it work in America?" She asked curiously, since she didn't have a clue. The only Americans she knew had gone to Hogwarts with her, so they probably wouldn't have known that much either. Or maybe they did, but Anna never bothered to ask. Oh well!

It seemed most pro Quidditch players shared her outlook. "I'm not surprised. We did choose the best career in the world!" Anna gave him her signature cheeky grin. She listened as Kalen explained how his father said coaching was hard work and that he thought the man missed playing. Anna nodded, understanding where he was coming from. "I think I know what he feels. We didn't have Quidditch during my last year at Hogwarts and I can honestly say it nearly killed me." She said with a serious nod, but she miiight or might not be exaggerating. Well, it WAS horribly horrible, alright! At Kalen's next comment she tilted her head and studied him for a bit. He thought his father wished he had inherited some Quidditch skills? "Does that bother you?"

"Yes, it is! Well done!" She laughed and jokingly patted him on the shoulder as an 'atta-boy'. His next words and the way he said them amused her. Show him the sights? Get dinner sometime? This time she didn't miss where he was getting at, and her smirk was half amused, half pleased."Yeah, I... I can do that." Blushing, her? Nooo, it was the lights above them! Yep, them pesky neon lights!

'You’re pretty good at this.' "Why, thank you!" Anna grinned and was glad that was a distraction so she could rush back to the 'head rack' - lol - and hope her face would return to its normal colour in the next few seconds. She watched from there as Kalen had his second attempt. "Oh heeey, improvement!" She clapped her hands, chuckling as the rolling head remained on the lane and even hit some pins. "You've got points now, look!" She added playfully, pointing at the lit up score above their heads.

Old 02-11-2020, 02:09 AM   #86 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

Quote:
If Zoryn was on her team? "Oh, no, no, nooo." She said emphatically, shaking her head multiple times. "Long story short, she was on my team when we played for Gryffindor, at first we were friends, then we weren't, then we were in opposite teams for the U17 league, which was when she broke my nose, and now I play for the Tornados and she plays for the Falcons." Anna nodded as she finished. "I need to remember to keep an eye on her whenever we play in the future." She added with a chuckle.

"Well, look at that, we would've been in the same house then!" She said with a grin. "How old are you? Maybe same year too! What are the odds, ha! Did your school have a kind of house system too? How does it work in America?" She asked curiously, since she didn't have a clue. The only Americans she knew had gone to Hogwarts with her, so they probably wouldn't have known that much either. Or maybe they did, but Anna never bothered to ask. Oh well!

It seemed most pro Quidditch players shared her outlook. "I'm not surprised. We did choose the best career in the world!" Anna gave him her signature cheeky grin. She listened as Kalen explained how his father said coaching was hard work and that he thought the man missed playing. Anna nodded, understanding where he was coming from. "I think I know what he feels. We didn't have Quidditch during my last year at Hogwarts and I can honestly say it nearly killed me." She said with a serious nod, but she miiight or might not be exaggerating. Well, it WAS horribly horrible, alright! At Kalen's next comment she tilted her head and studied him for a bit. He thought his father wished he had inherited some Quidditch skills? "Does that bother you?"

"Yes, it is! Well done!" She laughed and jokingly patted him on the shoulder as an 'atta-boy'. His next words and the way he said them amused her. Show him the sights? Get dinner sometime? This time she didn't miss where he was getting at, and her smirk was half amused, half pleased."Yeah, I... I can do that." Blushing, her? Nooo, it was the lights above them! Yep, them pesky neon lights!

'You’re pretty good at this.' "Why, thank you!" Anna grinned and was glad that was a distraction so she could rush back to the 'head rack' - lol - and hope her face would return to its normal colour in the next few seconds. She watched from there as Kalen had his second attempt. "Oh heeey, improvement!" She clapped her hands, chuckling as the rolling head remained on the lane and even hit some pins. "You've got points now, look!" She added playfully, pointing at the lit up score above their heads.

”19. You?” he responded hoping he wasn’t younger than her. He really didn’t care, but some girls felt that guys who were younger then them were immature. Sure, he could be at time, but most of the time he simply thought of himself as goofy...or uncoordinated. ”Yeah Ilvermorny has four houses. I was actually wanted by two of the houses, but I chose Wampus.” He paused. ”Um...” Perhaps he should explain more? ”See when you start at school, you walk into this circluar room with a glass ceiling. And there are these carvings of the house mascots and when your name’s called you walk out and the carvings single if they want you in their house...and if more than one wants you, you get to pick.” He hoped that made sense, especially because he wasn’t sure how else to explain it.

”Why didn’t you have quidditch?” He know how much not playing a sport hurt when someone was obsessed with playing. ”No scrimages or anything?” He wasn’t exactly sure how quidditch run at the school. It had always been enough to just know the sport. That was really all his father had required of him. He was exceedingly grateful that his father wasn’t one of those types that insisted that his children follow in his footsteps. Nope, Tristan Weiland was more the type to encourage that a person go out and find their bliss in life. And Kalen had – in healing. ”Not at all,” he said with a smile. ”Everyone was blessed with different skills. Just sometimes, I get the impression that he’d have retired in a heartbeat to travel around and be my biggest fan.”

Her laugh was making him a bit giddy. It was an odd sensation and he wondered if it was odd that he enjoyed it so much. And oh! She got his intention this time. And yay! His heart did a little flippy flop at her agreement to go out again. Maybe being a direct was a good thing? Sure made communicating easier. So he said, ”Hey, thanks for agreeing to come out tonight. I hope you didn’t feel pressured or anything...because I’m really having a good time. Even if,” he motioned to the scoreboards. ”I’m not very good at this.” Yep...plans for the next time they went somewhere could wait a while.

He glanced up over head as to where she pointed. ”Well, look at that. I think that’s the first time I’ve scored.” Pause. Blink. Blush. Oh Merlin… ”Points! Scored points.” And now it was his time to scurry away. Besides it was Anna’s turn right?
Old 02-13-2020, 07:26 PM   #87 (permalink)

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Quote:
”19. You?” he responded hoping he wasn’t younger than her. He really didn’t care, but some girls felt that guys who were younger then them were immature. Sure, he could be at time, but most of the time he simply thought of himself as goofy...or uncoordinated. ”Yeah Ilvermorny has four houses. I was actually wanted by two of the houses, but I chose Wampus.” He paused. ”Um...” Perhaps he should explain more? ”See when you start at school, you walk into this circluar room with a glass ceiling. And there are these carvings of the house mascots and when your name’s called you walk out and the carvings single if they want you in their house...and if more than one wants you, you get to pick.” He hoped that made sense, especially because he wasn’t sure how else to explain it.

”Why didn’t you have quidditch?” He know how much not playing a sport hurt when someone was obsessed with playing. ”No scrimages or anything?” He wasn’t exactly sure how quidditch run at the school. It had always been enough to just know the sport. That was really all his father had required of him. He was exceedingly grateful that his father wasn’t one of those types that insisted that his children follow in his footsteps. Nope, Tristan Weiland was more the type to encourage that a person go out and find their bliss in life. And Kalen had – in healing. ”Not at all,” he said with a smile. ”Everyone was blessed with different skills. Just sometimes, I get the impression that he’d have retired in a heartbeat to travel around and be my biggest fan.”

Her laugh was making him a bit giddy. It was an odd sensation and he wondered if it was odd that he enjoyed it so much. And oh! She got his intention this time. And yay! His heart did a little flippy flop at her agreement to go out again. Maybe being a direct was a good thing? Sure made communicating easier. So he said, ”Hey, thanks for agreeing to come out tonight. I hope you didn’t feel pressured or anything...because I’m really having a good time. Even if,” he motioned to the scoreboards. ”I’m not very good at this.” Yep...plans for the next time they went somewhere could wait a while.

He glanced up over head as to where she pointed. ”Well, look at that. I think that’s the first time I’ve scored.” Pause. Blink. Blush. Oh Merlin… ”Points! Scored points.” And now it was his time to scurry away. Besides it was Anna’s turn right?

"I turned 18 in the summer." Anna told him after he asked her age. "So I suppose we wouldn't be in the same year, unless your birthday wasn't that long ago." She said, pulling a thinking face for a brief second. It was only very brief as she tuned into what he was explaining regarding Ilvermorny's sorting system. Her eyebrows shot up as she realised it was so, so different from what they had at Hogwarts. "That's crazy! I mean, not in a bad way, but it's... wow." The girl took a moment to take it all in because that was brand new information! And an interesting piece at that, too. "What if..." She trailed off as she thought of something else. "I'm guessing the houses and the sorting is based on your traits? The mascots decide if they want you if they think the person fits their values and all that? What if..." She started again, once more trailing off. "Was there ever a case of somebody not being picked by a mascot??" She asked him with wide eyes. How SAD would that be!?

Why they didn't have Quidditch during her last year at school? "Well, first, we weren't based in Hogwarts, sadly. All of us, staff included, had to go to Beauxbatons in France for a full year because Hogwarts was out of bounds..." Anna explained, not being able to help but making a half disgusted, half annoyed face because it had all been pretty horrible, in her opinion. Especially the circumstances that took them to the other country. "So the staff were like 'blah blah, we can't have two Quidditch cups at the same time so it's unfair for either school if one gets to compete and the other doesn't, blah blah' and mixing us up wasn't an option either. Actually, I don't think they even considered that, but I think it might've been too weird anyway. And not useful, it turned out. The French didn't quite like having us there, you see." She finished, rolling her eyes. She then shook her head as a response to his other question. "Nope, nothing at all. It was horrible! That's why I was so thankful my Head of House and brothers managed to get me out of there a few times so I could get to some of the tryouts I needed to attend!" So it was basically thanks to them that she was a pro now. Not thanks to the silly education system - a thought her mother would kill her for thinking, but hey ho.

See, right there! It seemed like Kalen thought along the same lines as she did. As in, it didn't matter if children didn't follow in the footsteps of their parents. Anna would never be as scholarly as her mother - gross! - and she was more than happy to be pretty much the only athlete in the family. She did smile at his conclusive thought on the matter, though. His father would be happy to retire just to travel around to be his son's number one fan? "That's adorable!" She chuckled, studying his face closely to see if he'd be embarrassed at all by that.

Aw, wasn't he cute, thanking her for going out with him that night. "No problem, and nooo, no pressure at all! Trust me, I would not be here if I didn't want to be here." She said gesturing with her hands for added emphasis before laughing. Wait... was that a weird thing to say on a first date? Ugh, she wondered how apparent it was becoming that she wasn't particularly great at these. Well, she didn't think she was terrible, but it could just be so awkward, what with watching what you said and everything. Merlin! She tried to push those thoughts aside because they were no good to her at the moment. His saying he wasn't very good at this made her feel a bit better, even though he wasn't talking about what she was thinking. Still, it was a somewhat comforting thought. "It could be worse." Anna said with a chuckle. All of it, it could ALL be worse!

But she needed to stop before she could start overthinking things too much now.

Still very thankful for the distraction, Anna also kept looking up at their scores. Honestly, she totally missed the innuendo until he added to his comment and she turned to see he was blushing. She couldn't help but burst out laughing out loud again, so she tried to focus on selecting a new shrunken head. She could feel herself blush again and that wasn't helpful, so she made a quicker decision of which head to choose and off she went again, sending the head rolling down the lane and scoring a good number of other points for herself. All of that while not being able to stop her own blushing. Mer-lin. As long as she didn't let a giggle out, she thought she'd be alright.

She was cool, everything under control, yep. Nothing to see here.

Old 02-18-2020, 02:44 AM   #88 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

Quote:
"I turned 18 in the summer." Anna told him after he asked her age. "So I suppose we wouldn't be in the same year, unless your birthday wasn't that long ago." She said, pulling a thinking face for a brief second. It was only very brief as she tuned into what he was explaining regarding Ilvermorny's sorting system. Her eyebrows shot up as she realised it was so, so different from what they had at Hogwarts. "That's crazy! I mean, not in a bad way, but it's... wow." The girl took a moment to take it all in because that was brand new information! And an interesting piece at that, too. "What if..." She trailed off as she thought of something else. "I'm guessing the houses and the sorting is based on your traits? The mascots decide if they want you if they think the person fits their values and all that? What if..." She started again, once more trailing off. "Was there ever a case of somebody not being picked by a mascot??" She asked him with wide eyes. How SAD would that be!?

Why they didn't have Quidditch during her last year at school? "Well, first, we weren't based in Hogwarts, sadly. All of us, staff included, had to go to Beauxbatons in France for a full year because Hogwarts was out of bounds..." Anna explained, not being able to help but making a half disgusted, half annoyed face because it had all been pretty horrible, in her opinion. Especially the circumstances that took them to the other country. "So the staff were like 'blah blah, we can't have two Quidditch cups at the same time so it's unfair for either school if one gets to compete and the other doesn't, blah blah' and mixing us up wasn't an option either. Actually, I don't think they even considered that, but I think it might've been too weird anyway. And not useful, it turned out. The French didn't quite like having us there, you see." She finished, rolling her eyes. She then shook her head as a response to his other question. "Nope, nothing at all. It was horrible! That's why I was so thankful my Head of House and brothers managed to get me out of there a few times so I could get to some of the tryouts I needed to attend!" So it was basically thanks to them that she was a pro now. Not thanks to the silly education system - a thought her mother would kill her for thinking, but hey ho.

See, right there! It seemed like Kalen thought along the same lines as she did. As in, it didn't matter if children didn't follow in the footsteps of their parents. Anna would never be as scholarly as her mother - gross! - and she was more than happy to be pretty much the only athlete in the family. She did smile at his conclusive thought on the matter, though. His father would be happy to retire just to travel around to be his son's number one fan? "That's adorable!" She chuckled, studying his face closely to see if he'd be embarrassed at all by that.

Aw, wasn't he cute, thanking her for going out with him that night. "No problem, and nooo, no pressure at all! Trust me, I would not be here if I didn't want to be here." She said gesturing with her hands for added emphasis before laughing. Wait... was that a weird thing to say on a first date? Ugh, she wondered how apparent it was becoming that she wasn't particularly great at these. Well, she didn't think she was terrible, but it could just be so awkward, what with watching what you said and everything. Merlin! She tried to push those thoughts aside because they were no good to her at the moment. His saying he wasn't very good at this made her feel a bit better, even though he wasn't talking about what she was thinking. Still, it was a somewhat comforting thought. "It could be worse." Anna said with a chuckle. All of it, it could ALL be worse!

But she needed to stop before she could start overthinking things too much now.

Still very thankful for the distraction, Anna also kept looking up at their scores. Honestly, she totally missed the innuendo until he added to his comment and she turned to see he was blushing. She couldn't help but burst out laughing out loud again, so she tried to focus on selecting a new shrunken head. She could feel herself blush again and that wasn't helpful, so she made a quicker decision of which head to choose and off she went again, sending the head rolling down the lane and scoring a good number of other points for herself. All of that while not being able to stop her own blushing. Mer-lin. As long as she didn't let a giggle out, she thought she'd be alright.

She was cool, everything under control, yep. Nothing to see here.

Was November not too long ago? He wasn’t sure, not in the context in which she was talking.”Um…It’s November 24th,” he said offering her up the information. ”We’d probably have been in different years where I went,” he offered up. He was quite sure that even with being in different grades, he would have noticed Anna. Something about her drew him to her. He had taken the chance to throw another head as she processed things. He got about half the pins down and considered that a victory. Of course, his second toss went straight to the gutter. He didn’t care though, because he was busy thinking about Anna’s question. ”Um…I don’t think that’s ever happened?” His brow furrowed as he thought about it. Nope, he couldn’t remember ever hearing a story about a student not being picked by a house. ”Sometimes, a student can be wanted by all four houses…but that is really rare,” he offered up.

”France?” he blinked as he took a seat and watched Anna bowl. His feet were starting to hurt just a little. Bowling shoes were not very supportive. ”I take it, it wasn’t a fun year?” Merlin, that face she made was cute! ”Why didn’t they want you there?” Because Kalen didn’t know anything about what had gone on. Nor did he know much about the French. Well, beside the fact that they made great baked goods. Mmm….croissants… He forced himself to focus on what she was saying. His stomach would have to wait until later. ”Sounds like you have a lot of people who were invested in your career. Dad always said a good support system is necessary for making it in professional sports.”

He found himself blushing at the adorable comment. Did girls like adorable? Adorable was what you called cruppies and kneazles. Men weren’t supposed to be adorable…right? He pulled his knee up and wrapped his arms around it as he watched her bowl. Was it him or was she just as awkward and nervous as he was? ”Anna, can I ask you a question?” And then without waiting for he to accent, he blurted. ”Have you been out on many dates?” He paused. ”Or is that not good first date conversation?” he chuckled nervously. ”I haven’t,” he trudged on. He’d dug this hole, might as well jump in now. ”At least not with someone I hadn’t known for a while.”
Old 08-14-2020, 01:09 AM   #89 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
Default k8. aboli. hi. you.
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Sawyer was in need to do something to take his mind off the OWLs until he received his results. He had zero clue if his brother had taken the exams yet, but he also wasn't about to help him either. If his brother failed to take them perhaps he'd have to repeat fifth year and well that was honestly all on him and not Sawyer's responsibility.

Meanwhile, the sixteen year old made his way through Diagon Alley in search of some sort of activity that would take his mind off of exams and school and time lapses. Bowling. Huh, had that always been here?

He stared when he entered the bowling alley, wondering if he'd recognize anyone to challenge to a game or not? Then again, he supposed bowling in solitude wasn't that bad of a thing, right?

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
Old 08-14-2020, 11:43 PM   #90 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
Default (;
A Poop * k8 *

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Sawyer was in need to do something to take his mind off the OWLs until he received his results. He had zero clue if his brother had taken the exams yet, but he also wasn't about to help him either. If his brother failed to take them perhaps he'd have to repeat fifth year and well that was honestly all on him and not Sawyer's responsibility.

Meanwhile, the sixteen year old made his way through Diagon Alley in search of some sort of activity that would take his mind off of exams and school and time lapses. Bowling. Huh, had that always been here?

He stared when he entered the bowling alley, wondering if he'd recognize anyone to challenge to a game or not? Then again, he supposed bowling in solitude wasn't that bad of a thing, right?
The way OWLs had been handled was nice. Aboli still got to take them, but had extra time to STUDY. It was a godsend, honestly. She, too, was anxiously awaiting her results; however, she was sure she had passed all of hers. She and Valencia had done a lot to prepare for them.

Funnily enough, Aboli hadn't come to the bowling alley to bowl. She actually wanted to see what food they had. Bowling alleys always had good food in her opinion even if overpriced. She went to grab a seat near the food area when she saw a familiar face - SKEET'S BROTHER?! "Sawyer?" she asked as she approached. "Hey, where's your brother?" The one she was actually, you know, friends with. She missed her Skeet-Skeet McGee! Even if he didn't LIKE that nickname. Heh. Aboli just loooooved to ruffle that boy's feathers.

But WAIT - did Sawyer remember her? They had only ever met in passing, but they did share a house right? Or were some of the memory issues of the term lingering? Merlin. How awkward if he like, didn't remember her at all.

Roman Gellar ● 1st Year ● Slytherin
Old 08-16-2020, 10:38 PM   #91 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
The way OWLs had been handled was nice. Aboli still got to take them, but had extra time to STUDY. It was a godsend, honestly. She, too, was anxiously awaiting her results; however, she was sure she had passed all of hers. She and Valencia had done a lot to prepare for them.

Funnily enough, Aboli hadn't come to the bowling alley to bowl. She actually wanted to see what food they had. Bowling alleys always had good food in her opinion even if overpriced. She went to grab a seat near the food area when she saw a familiar face - SKEET'S BROTHER?! "Sawyer?" she asked as she approached. "Hey, where's your brother?" The one she was actually, you know, friends with. She missed her Skeet-Skeet McGee! Even if he didn't LIKE that nickname. Heh. Aboli just loooooved to ruffle that boy's feathers.

But WAIT - did Sawyer remember her? They had only ever met in passing, but they did share a house right? Or were some of the memory issues of the term lingering? Merlin. How awkward if he like, didn't remember her at all.
While staring at the menu board to debate if he should start a game in solitude, he turned around at the sound of his name and blinked over at the familiar face of a slytherin girl in his year. "Yes. It me. Aboli, right?" he was pretty sure. But then he asked a question that really bugged him. WHY?!? What did Skeet have that he didn't have?? Sawyer shrugged, "beats me. Probably off blasting music somewhere or other. I'm not my brother's keeper."

Also, he knew her from classes, of course.

"You bowl?" Figured he'd ask, or was she just here for the snacks that were served in a bowling alley.

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Old 08-18-2020, 10:33 PM   #92 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Quote:
While staring at the menu board to debate if he should start a game in solitude, he turned around at the sound of his name and blinked over at the familiar face of a slytherin girl in his year. "Yes. It me. Aboli, right?" he was pretty sure. But then he asked a question that really bugged him. WHY?!? What did Skeet have that he didn't have?? Sawyer shrugged, "beats me. Probably off blasting music somewhere or other. I'm not my brother's keeper."

Also, he knew her from classes, of course.

"You bowl?" Figured he'd ask, or was she just here for the snacks that were served in a bowling alley.
Okay, good. So it WAS Skeet's brother, and she wasn't completely stupid and mistaking him for Skeet's brother. "Yep yep! Aboli. Skeet's.....friend," she snorted and managed to grin a little. "He didn't come with you?" Damn. She missed Skeet Skeet McGee. "I need to write to him! I miss his.....sense of humor," she said, again laughing into her hands as she said so. Skeet was just such an odd person, and one that annoyed Aboli sometimes when he wasn't being completely endearing. She wasn't even sure that Skeet knew he was endearing. or that he knew what endearing even meant

"I do....are you asking me if I want to bowl? Because I'll say yes if you do. Even if I just came for the food. I probably need to grab some bowling shoes though if - " she made to go get a pair but then STOPPED. "I mean. Like. if you want to bowl with me," she shrugged it off and tried not to seem TOOOOOO eager.

Old 08-19-2020, 03:50 PM   #93 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
Okay, good. So it WAS Skeet's brother, and she wasn't completely stupid and mistaking him for Skeet's brother. "Yep yep! Aboli. Skeet's.....friend," she snorted and managed to grin a little. "He didn't come with you?" Damn. She missed Skeet Skeet McGee. "I need to write to him! I miss his.....sense of humor," she said, again laughing into her hands as she said so. Skeet was just such an odd person, and one that annoyed Aboli sometimes when he wasn't being completely endearing. She wasn't even sure that Skeet knew he was endearing. or that he knew what endearing even meant

"I do....are you asking me if I want to bowl? Because I'll say yes if you do. Even if I just came for the food. I probably need to grab some bowling shoes though if - " she made to go get a pair but then STOPPED. "I mean. Like. if you want to bowl with me," she shrugged it off and tried not to seem TOOOOOO eager.
Skeet's friend. Of course she would be Skeet's friend and of course she would be entirely too pretty. "Doubt he'll write back. He's not much for doing extra work." Just in case she was wondering. But then again, if she was his friend, she probably knew that about his schoolwork. "Just because we live together doesn't mean we do everything together." It was bad enough that he couldn't wait a few days to be born and they had to share the same year.

So honestly, yes, he was asking but he didn't quite know how to ask and had to smile when she practically asked herself. "Is bowling alley food good then?" He made a face; because if she just came for the food, wouldn't like the Leaky Cauldron had been a better place for that? Of course bowling alley food he would reckon would be cheaper, if one was on a budget. "But I mean, yes, yes, I would like that. To bowl with you, i mean. Probably be more interesting than me just sending balls down the lanes by myself," he mused, even though that was entirely what he was going to do before she came along.

Old 08-21-2020, 10:55 PM   #94 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Quote:
Skeet's friend. Of course she would be Skeet's friend and of course she would be entirely too pretty. "Doubt he'll write back. He's not much for doing extra work." Just in case she was wondering. But then again, if she was his friend, she probably knew that about his schoolwork. "Just because we live together doesn't mean we do everything together." It was bad enough that he couldn't wait a few days to be born and they had to share the same year.

So honestly, yes, he was asking but he didn't quite know how to ask and had to smile when she practically asked herself. "Is bowling alley food good then?" He made a face; because if she just came for the food, wouldn't like the Leaky Cauldron had been a better place for that? Of course bowling alley food he would reckon would be cheaper, if one was on a budget. "But I mean, yes, yes, I would like that. To bowl with you, i mean. Probably be more interesting than me just sending balls down the lanes by myself," he mused, even though that was entirely what he was going to do before she came along.
"He's written back a couple times. Don't sell him so short," she grinned a bit before going to get her shoes, coming back to slip them on in the most dainty way she could muster. Since when did she care about being dainty? Well...never, but she was about to take off her shoes in front of a boy, and she realized she had never really done that....and she was glad her socks were nice and white and clean. So. Yeah. Maybe she had before, but she was more acutely aware of it now. Royse and her brothers did NOT count. "Did he get his OWL results yet?" because he hadn't replied to THAT letter yet. Skeet hadn't been fairing so well last she talked to him about grades...so....she was a little worried about that.

"Bowling alley food IS usually good. It's like movie theater snacks.....they have a special...THING about them that makes them good. Can't explain it," she shrugged as she finished lacing up and stepped toward with her hands on her hips. She was wearing her gloves, but she wondered if it would be an advantage for gripping the bowling balls. "You were really going to bowl by yourself? Wow. Kinda sad, Sawyer," she raised an eyebrows then...laughed. Almost pathetic....ALMOST. But Aboli was very much into being asked to join in things, so she was attempting to not be a total jerk.