sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1187 users online including...

2 members
1185 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 53: September - December 2019

Term 53: September - December 2019 Term Fifty-Three: When In France (Sept 2099 - June 2100)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2019, 03:02 AM

Default A Corridor To Nowhere

If you came down this corridor expecting it to take you somewhere, you've been sadly misled. At the end of this corridor is...well...nothing. Despite the fact that it takes you nowhere, it's a splendid corridor, filled with paintings and pillars with intricate designs. Perhaps it did lead somewhere, once, but if that is the case the destination has long been removed.

As you walk, you can hear your footsteps echoing in this relatively empty space. Voices also travel a bit of a distance with an echo while here. Curiously enough, no matter what time of day or night you walk through this corridor, it always appears to be day time and regardless of what happens outside, the view through the windows never changes. It is as if this corridor is frozen in its own time, defiant to catch up and keep up with the changes going on around it.

Equally curious, view that is set outside sometimes includes a large shadow creeping over the grounds as if something is flying above the castle. This happens every now and then as one would expect from a loop before going back to its version of normal.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default Linds! <3
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

At the time that this corridor had caught her eyes, there hadn't been many students around. Naturally, she assumed (and hoped) that this was a corridor that hardly anyone traversed. After depositing her belongings into her broom closet of a common room, Claudine navigated her way back to the corridor she had peeked at earlier. She passed a student here and there but she always kept to herself.

The paintings fascinated her. She herself wasn't much of a painter but she loved to sketch. The first year spent much of her time admiring the artwork but she did slowly shuffle down the corridor. Being so short, the paintings seemed to be immensely out of reach to her. She was so observed with them that Claudine paid no attention to anything else like the echoes of her steps or the view beyond the windows.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 09-05-2019, 07:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

He was holding a notebook open and he continued to write notes about every location he was walking through and gave each note a map drawing scribbled below it. Exploring the school while also paying attention to any trouble makers.

As he rounded a corridor, the Ravenclaw checked his notebook and flipped the pages to see if he had ever been in this one before because he couldn't remember. When he found out that he hadn't explored it yet, he stepped inside and walked passed a young student admiring the paintings and continued to walk until he was at the end. He wanted to see which chamber or other corridor it led to so that he could connect them on his selfmade map.

He was both dissapointed and curious when he found out it led to nowhere at all... "Interesting..." he mumbled to himself as he furiously took notes before turning back around to look at the designs on the pillars and paintings until he stood next to the Slytherin. "Do you think one of these paintings hold a secret passageway?" he asked the kid, hoping he hadn't startled her. Since the corridor led to nowhere he assumed there must be a secret somewhere.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Dorian! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
He was holding a notebook open and he continued to write notes about every location he was walking through and gave each note a map drawing scribbled below it. Exploring the school while also paying attention to any trouble makers.

As he rounded a corridor, the Ravenclaw checked his notebook and flipped the pages to see if he had ever been in this one before because he couldn't remember. When he found out that he hadn't explored it yet, he stepped inside and walked passed a young student admiring the paintings and continued to walk until he was at the end. He wanted to see which chamber or other corridor it led to so that he could connect them on his selfmade map.

He was both dissapointed and curious when he found out it led to nowhere at all... "Interesting..." he mumbled to himself as he furiously took notes before turning back around to look at the designs on the pillars and paintings until he stood next to the Slytherin. "Do you think one of these paintings hold a secret passageway?" he asked the kid, hoping he hadn't startled her. Since the corridor led to nowhere he assumed there must be a secret somewhere.

Claudine wished she had brought her sketchpad. She would have loved to try to imitate one of these paintings but that would have to be done off of her memory. It was quite a good thing that whenever she looked at art, she would remember most of the details. Her eyes, which were as usual intense, were taking in all the details: the colours used, the way they didn’t overlap with each other… everything. This was why she became slightly annoyed when her concentration was broken. She looked around… and way up at a very much older student. Claudine felt like a dwarf beside him.

“That would be exciting if it did. I’ve read that Hogwarts has a few of those.’’ It was one of the reasons that she had wanted to be there, at that Castle, and not here at Beauxbatons. Then her gaze shifted to the notebook in his hand. “Are you an artist?’’ The question popped out of her mouth, her tone heavy with interest. If he was, perhaps he would offer her some tips to improve her own sketching.

Old 09-15-2019, 03:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

She had read about the secret passageways at Hogwarts? Read. Dorian looked down at young girl as she said this. A first year apparently. Honestly, first and second years all looked alike to him. If it hadn’t been for her comment he wouldn’t have known which year she was in. ”Yes, there are a few” he said, nodding his head. Quite more than just a few but they were probably not discovered yet. Or the castle was magically making them as they spoke. Hogwarts was weird. ”It must be strange spending your very first year not at Hogwarts, right?” he had spoken to more first years as part of his Head Boy thing, and all of them had been put out that they weren’t going to Hogwarts. ”I’m kind of .... sad wasn’t the word. Dissapointed? Yeah lets go with that. … dissapointed that i’m not finishing my education at Hogwarts though” he sighed. Which was funny because he had spend his first three years trying to convince his father to get him OUT of Hogwarts. Must be a matter of pride now.

An artist? That was an odd question to ask someone out of the blue. Then again, he asked weirder things before when he had been younger. Probably still did with being a Ravenclaw and all. They should add weirdness in to the traits section for Ravenclaw. Strange thinkers. He was trailing off again. It took him a moment to realise that she meant the notebook in his hand and when it clicked he looked down at the page he had just written in and at the little doodle of the hallway at the corner of the page. Artist. Yeah. ”I am if filling balloons with paint and throwing them at a canvas counts?” he laughed as he remembered back to his second year. ”But other than that, no , i am not. I’m actually writing my findings about Beauxbaton in here” he said as he wiggled it around a bit. ”Do you like to paint?” he asked.
Old 09-18-2019, 01:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
She had read about the secret passageways at Hogwarts? Read. Dorian looked down at young girl as she said this. A first year apparently. Honestly, first and second years all looked alike to him. If it hadn’t been for her comment he wouldn’t have known which year she was in. ”Yes, there are a few” he said, nodding his head. Quite more than just a few but they were probably not discovered yet. Or the castle was magically making them as they spoke. Hogwarts was weird. ”It must be strange spending your very first year not at Hogwarts, right?” he had spoken to more first years as part of his Head Boy thing, and all of them had been put out that they weren’t going to Hogwarts. ”I’m kind of .... sad wasn’t the word. Dissapointed? Yeah lets go with that. … dissapointed that i’m not finishing my education at Hogwarts though” he sighed. Which was funny because he had spend his first three years trying to convince his father to get him OUT of Hogwarts. Must be a matter of pride now.

An artist? That was an odd question to ask someone out of the blue. Then again, he asked weirder things before when he had been younger. Probably still did with being a Ravenclaw and all. They should add weirdness in to the traits section for Ravenclaw. Strange thinkers. He was trailing off again. It took him a moment to realise that she meant the notebook in his hand and when it clicked he looked down at the page he had just written in and at the little doodle of the hallway at the corner of the page. Artist. Yeah. ”I am if filling balloons with paint and throwing them at a canvas counts?” he laughed as he remembered back to his second year. ”But other than that, no , i am not. I’m actually writing my findings about Beauxbaton in here” he said as he wiggled it around a bit. ”Do you like to paint?” he asked.

The intensity of her gaze softened to be replaced with curiosity. “Have you explored any of those passages?’’ Perhaps he could tell her all about it. Better yet, he could tell her about Hogwarts. She had heard tales from her older family members who had attended the school but she never grew tired of learning more. “Very. I was looking forward to Hogwarts very much.’’ Claudine looked away, surprised that she had confessed that; confessions weren’t something she did often to anyone. Then that gaze returned to the Head Boy. “It would be. I can just imagine what it would be like to spend many years there then you’re shuffled off to a strange school. What do you like the most about Hogwarts?’’

If Claudine laughed easily, she would have right then. In truth, she found what he said funny and it earned an upward tug of her lips. “I’m afraid it doesn’t count.’’ Once again, she felt her interest perking up. “Did you find anything exciting? Or is Beauxbatons really a bore as I think it is?’’ The Snakette was still not impressed by this Castle. “No. I like to sketch. I found out I’m good at it a few months ago.’’ Not so good as a professional but she was working to get there.

Old 09-20-2019, 07:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

The intensity of her gaze softened to be replaced with curiosity. “Have you explored any of those passages?’’ Perhaps he could tell her all about it. Better yet, he could tell her about Hogwarts. She had heard tales from her older family members who had attended the school but she never grew tired of learning more. “Very. I was looking forward to Hogwarts very much.’’ Claudine looked away, surprised that she had confessed that; confessions weren’t something she did often to anyone. Then that gaze returned to the Head Boy. “It would be. I can just imagine what it would be like to spend many years there then you’re shuffled off to a strange school. What do you like the most about Hogwarts?’’

If Claudine laughed easily, she would have right then. In truth, she found what he said funny and it earned an upward tug of her lips. “I’m afraid it doesn’t count.’’ Once again, she felt her interest perking up. “Did you find anything exciting? Or is Beauxbatons really a bore as I think it is?’’ The Snakette was still not impressed by this Castle. “No. I like to sketch. I found out I’m good at it a few months ago.’’ Not so good as a professional but she was working to get there.
Had Claudine been older than sixteen, he would have lowered his gaze at the intensity of her staring. But since she was only eleven, he only felt slightly uncomfortable. Girl was going to survive in the future if she kept that up. No joke. It was also very interesting to see how she could portray her feelings with her eyes only and Dorian wondered if she knew that. "I have" he said. " Though i must admit, most secret passageways have been found by me getting lost and turning up late for classes during my first year" he laughed as he thought back. And it wasn't just in his first year. He had been lost walking to DADA this week as well. But that was because Beauxbaton was completely different in layout and he did not have a great sense of direction either. He wondered how many times he had send a lost student in the wrong direction.

He did not think anything of her looking away after telling that she had been looking forward to start at Hogwarts but put his free hand in his robe pocket, resting it there. " Yeah, you know, i spend my first three years trying to get out of Hogwarts and study somewhere else" he didn't think he had told anyone this before now that he thought about it. "But i guess i grew fond of the castle somehow"

What he liked most about Hogwarts. Merlin's Beard he had many places. " Well, i like the Great Lake because i enjoy fishing in there on a boat" He said. " Also my Common Room. It's very beautiful, blue carpet, white marble walls a high ceiling like the one in the Great Hall except for showing the weather it shows the stars and a whole section with just bookcases and another one for the creative side with a variety of equipment and art supplies" At least that was when Professor Stewart had been the Head of House. "I think you'd like it" It was sad she was a Slytherin.

"It definitely is not Hogwarts. Hogwarts is bigger and more complicated i think but so far i found some interesting rooms. The best one i found was this huge hallway with floating candles " it was probably his favourite spot at the moment. " And this hallways for example" he pointed behind him "Did you walk to the end there? It looks like it goes somewhere but it doesn't" he was talking a bit faster now. Something he did when he got excited about something. "Why is there nothing? Was there once something ? Another hallway or a room perhaps? And why isn't it there anymore?" so many questions, so little answers. "Sorry" he apologised as he cleared his throat and realized that his finger was still pointing at the end of the hallway so he lowered it back inside of his pocket.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Default Ro <3
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

”Bloody hell.” Malachi slowed to a stop, realising he’d come to the end of the corridor. That couldn’t be right. Corridors led to somewhere. That was their very purpose. Connecting places. What even....?

How had he managed to end up here in the first place? He’d been heading to his office...or at least that’s what he thought until he came to this admittedly strange corridor. Where had he gone wrong? Down the corridor and to the right? No, no that had taken him to the tea room. No office there. Was it left, left, up, left?

Unlikely.

All that time learning Hogwarts, years and years then with his return, only to be reduced to a first year in this place. There were many times the man ended up in wrong turns here. Now, there was a corridor that led to literally nowhere. Nowhere? Really? Why? To further frustrate him, that’s why. All it made him think of was a disaster striking and those less familiar running down that corridor trying to escape—though he supposed it worked in their favour for that very reason as well.

Turning, his gaze drifted outside the window. Did...did that window know it wasn’t morning anymore? Because........yeah....

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 09-21-2019, 11:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
”Bloody hell.” Malachi slowed to a stop, realising he’d come to the end of the corridor. That couldn’t be right. Corridors led to somewhere. That was their very purpose. Connecting places. What even....?

How had he managed to end up here in the first place? He’d been heading to his office...or at least that’s what he thought until he came to this admittedly strange corridor. Where had he gone wrong? Down the corridor and to the right? No, no that had taken him to the tea room. No office there. Was it left, left, up, left?

Unlikely.

All that time learning Hogwarts, years and years then with his return, only to be reduced to a first year in this place. There were many times the man ended up in wrong turns here. Now, there was a corridor that led to literally nowhere. Nowhere? Really? Why? To further frustrate him, that’s why. All it made him think of was a disaster striking and those less familiar running down that corridor trying to escape—though he supposed it worked in their favour for that very reason as well.

Turning, his gaze drifted outside the window. Did...did that window know it wasn’t morning anymore? Because........yeah....
Bernadette was in no hurry to go any particular place. Of course she had homework, but part of her self-assigned homework was to get to know his castle as best as she could, since she was going to be attending here all year and all that. And even if they did get to go to Hogwarts next year, there was no harm with having an intricate knowledge of a rival wizarding school. Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. Only joking, Beauxbatons wasn't Hogwarts enemy...

...right?

Hmmmmmm.

Bernadette came to a stop a little over halfway down this corridor, right near a window, and tilted her head at the person in front of her, who was also looking at a window. "Headprof--master? Headmaster? Sir?" she self-corrected the nickname she had for Mr. Trent. "Whatcha looking at?"

Oh, huh. The window was like, more of an artistic rendering than a real window. Right? Because it was evening-time, not morning. Silly window.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
Old 09-22-2019, 12:27 AM   #10 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Bernadette was in no hurry to go any particular place. Of course she had homework, but part of her self-assigned homework was to get to know his castle as best as she could, since she was going to be attending here all year and all that. And even if they did get to go to Hogwarts next year, there was no harm with having an intricate knowledge of a rival wizarding school. Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. Only joking, Beauxbatons wasn't Hogwarts enemy...

...right?

Hmmmmmm.

Bernadette came to a stop a little over halfway down this corridor, right near a window, and tilted her head at the person in front of her, who was also looking at a window. "Headprof--master? Headmaster? Sir?" she self-corrected the nickname she had for Mr. Trent. "Whatcha looking at?"

Oh, huh. The window was like, more of an artistic rendering than a real window. Right? Because it was evening-time, not morning. Silly window.
Hm?

Trent glanced over at the first year, easily overlooking her little fumble. What was he looking at? “Well. You, I suppose.” Now that she’d spoken up and caught his attention. “Don’t wander around for too long. If you get lost after curfew, it’s a whole problem in itself.” Still quite a bit of time but the man was aware of where they were. A corridor that led nowhere. Chances were, she could’ve been as lost as him. Lost was fine when there were still plenty of hours in the day...which....if you listened to these windows there were....but the rest of the castle knew better.

“What brings you all the way out here?”

Was this all the way out anywhere? Where was this? Did he expect her to have answers? Not really. First years. Bless them. Precious little beans, most of them, but not particularly useful. Most, he found, didn’t gain any real use until around their 3rd or 4th year.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 09-22-2019, 12:37 AM   #11 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Hm?

Trent glanced over at the first year, easily overlooking her little fumble. What was he looking at? “Well. You, I suppose.” Now that she’d spoken up and caught his attention. “Don’t wander around for too long. If you get lost after curfew, it’s a whole problem in itself.” Still quite a bit of time but the man was aware of where they were. A corridor that led nowhere. Chances were, she could’ve been as lost as him. Lost was fine when there were still plenty of hours in the day...which....if you listened to these windows there were....but the rest of the castle knew better.

“What brings you all the way out here?”

Was this all the way out anywhere? Where was this? Did he expect her to have answers? Not really. First years. Bless them. Precious little beans, most of them, but not particularly useful. Most, he found, didn’t gain any real use until around their 3rd or 4th year.
Oh, ha ha. Ha. The professormaster had made a joke, of sorts. Bernadette beamed at that one, not just because he was THE headprofessor but because she liked dad jokes, like that one.

"I'm not lost, sir," she answered truthfully, wondering if she should pull the spare bit of parchment she had in her pocket out to show him. Hmm... not yet. She had to figure out more about this Masterprofessor first. "I have plenty of time to get back to Papillon House before curfew!"

But back to his question, about all the way out here. It was a distance from her dormitory, but not from the dining hall.... maybe should show him her parchment after all. "I'm making a map," Bernie revealed, whipping her scroll out of her sleeve with quite the flourish. "I don't know any French and I suppose wizards have an odd system for labeling their rooms..." She could've sworn she was in one called A1, like the steak sauce, earlier. "But I have a rough drawing of the castle, and I just needed to see what this corridor connects to." It was rough, so far, with each floor of the castle being spaced out in tidy ink hatching. But it was also a nice drawing, that clearly Bernie had put some time into, and had used a ruler for straight lines and everything.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
Old 09-22-2019, 01:54 PM   #12 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Default Different TL than those above! Roulette RP for Slytherin Fox! XD
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

During her late Saturday morning explorations, Rylee found herself in a corridor that led her to nowhere. Obviously she took her sweet time walking the entire corridor, from the paintings to the detailed pillars, nothing was overlooked. It was stunning to say the least. Even the view out the windows was absolutely lovely. This was the perfect spot to sit, relax and maybe do some reading.

No, wait. Not reading. That she could do anywhere. A corridor like this should be enjoyed for sure but perhaps it was multifunctional? One doesn't just put a corridor such as this in a school and have it lead to nowhere. What was it's purpose? Where had it once led to? Does it still lead to somewhere and the pathway is now hidden? These were just some of the questions she asked herself as she reached the end of it.

Checking every spot she could think up and coming up with nothing, the sixth year stood there in the center of the corridor simply looking around for a moment. And that's when the idea came to her. This was a great spot to get some charm practice in. It was quiet, led to nowhere and no one was around. As long as she was careful, she didn't foresee any problems coming from a little bit of practice.

Pulling her wand from the holster on her wrist, she twirled it between her fingers. Starting off easy she cast the bubble charm, watching the bubble float towards the ceiling. Following it up with Bluebell Flames and quickly after Avis. A few more simple charms were cast, each being canceled after a moment or two.

An idea started to form and Rylee aimed her wand at the floor. Whispering softly as she cast the freezing spell a layer of ice form neatly over the floor, spreading out across the corridor from where she stood in the middle to the other end that led to nowhere. A perfect ice skating rink.

You are Bread!
Old 09-23-2019, 11:22 AM   #13 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Oh, ha ha. Ha. The professormaster had made a joke, of sorts. Bernadette beamed at that one, not just because he was THE headprofessor but because she liked dad jokes, like that one.

"I'm not lost, sir," she answered truthfully, wondering if she should pull the spare bit of parchment she had in her pocket out to show him. Hmm... not yet. She had to figure out more about this Masterprofessor first. "I have plenty of time to get back to Papillon House before curfew!"

But back to his question, about all the way out here. It was a distance from her dormitory, but not from the dining hall.... maybe should show him her parchment after all. "I'm making a map," Bernie revealed, whipping her scroll out of her sleeve with quite the flourish. "I don't know any French and I suppose wizards have an odd system for labeling their rooms..." She could've sworn she was in one called A1, like the steak sauce, earlier. "But I have a rough drawing of the castle, and I just needed to see what this corridor connects to." It was rough, so far, with each floor of the castle being spaced out in tidy ink hatching. But it was also a nice drawing, that clearly Bernie had put some time into, and had used a ruler for straight lines and everything.
Not lost, huh?

“You’d be the first First Year today who wasn’t.” He’d already helped a few of them on their way before getting himself lost. It was as if karma had forgotten how to do her job. GOOD things were meant to ha—a map?

The Headmaster liberated the paper from her hands and gave it a good look over. “This corridor, here?” He pointed, caaaasually retracing his steps back from it with his eyes. This couldn’t have come at a better. Lost who? According to this map, all he had to do was.....wait. First Years were more liability than not. Focus Malachi. Couldn’t trust blindly anyone who hadn’t taken their OWL exams.

“It looks thorough.” Yes, yes, start with a compliment. Ease into it. “How long have you been working on it? Used it to find anywhere? Oh, look, a cute little scribble for my office,” And now the twist. “But, that’s not really where my office is. I’m almost sure it’s not.”

Accept the challenge, young Gryffindor. Let that worrisome pride take over. Lead him to his office to prove a point. He needed to get out of here.

Old 09-23-2019, 09:11 PM   #14 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default next post-- spiraling staircase?

Quote:
Not lost, huh?

“You’d be the first First Year today who wasn’t.” He’d already helped a few of them on their way before getting himself lost. It was as if karma had forgotten how to do her job. GOOD things were meant to ha—a map?

The Headmaster liberated the paper from her hands and gave it a good look over. “This corridor, here?” He pointed, caaaasually retracing his steps back from it with his eyes. This couldn’t have come at a better. Lost who? According to this map, all he had to do was.....wait. First Years were more liability than not. Focus Malachi. Couldn’t trust blindly anyone who hadn’t taken their OWL exams.

“It looks thorough.” Yes, yes, start with a compliment. Ease into it. “How long have you been working on it? Used it to find anywhere? Oh, look, a cute little scribble for my office,” And now the twist. “But, that’s not really where my office is. I’m almost sure it’s not.”

Accept the challenge, young Gryffindor. Let that worrisome pride take over. Lead him to his office to prove a point. He needed to get out of here.
Well Bernadette LIKED being first, so she wasn't even going to challenge that! She nodded appreciatively as he admired her map, popping up on her tippy toes just a little to better follow his pointing.

"Uh huh, yeah. I'm thinking this corridor might just be a dead-end, but I'm not sure, because I haven't been to the end of the hallway just yet." But maybe HE had been? "Did you go down there, sir? Should I just close off this corridor on me map? I've been working on it ALL year," which wasn't that long, but was long enough. And yes, she DID use this on a regular basis. "Oh uh huh, yeah, I found the Muggle Studies room this way." And the so-called Muggle Studies' professor's office as well. Maybe she should bring up his "qualifications" with the Professormaster? Hmm....

She looked inquisitively at where he was pointing next.... to his office? "Noooooo," Bernie gasped, "that IS your office! I promise! Come on, I'll show you!" She tugged on his sleeve and then headed down the corridor, hurrying in her eagerness to show off to the Headprofessor.

Old 09-28-2019, 09:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
Had Claudine been older than sixteen, he would have lowered his gaze at the intensity of her staring. But since she was only eleven, he only felt slightly uncomfortable. Girl was going to survive in the future if she kept that up. No joke. It was also very interesting to see how she could portray her feelings with her eyes only and Dorian wondered if she knew that. "I have" he said. " Though i must admit, most secret passageways have been found by me getting lost and turning up late for classes during my first year" he laughed as he thought back. And it wasn't just in his first year. He had been lost walking to DADA this week as well. But that was because Beauxbaton was completely different in layout and he did not have a great sense of direction either. He wondered how many times he had send a lost student in the wrong direction.

He did not think anything of her looking away after telling that she had been looking forward to start at Hogwarts but put his free hand in his robe pocket, resting it there. " Yeah, you know, i spend my first three years trying to get out of Hogwarts and study somewhere else" he didn't think he had told anyone this before now that he thought about it. "But i guess i grew fond of the castle somehow"

What he liked most about Hogwarts. Merlin's Beard he had many places. " Well, i like the Great Lake because i enjoy fishing in there on a boat" He said. " Also my Common Room. It's very beautiful, blue carpet, white marble walls a high ceiling like the one in the Great Hall except for showing the weather it shows the stars and a whole section with just bookcases and another one for the creative side with a variety of equipment and art supplies" At least that was when Professor Stewart had been the Head of House. "I think you'd like it" It was sad she was a Slytherin.

"It definitely is not Hogwarts. Hogwarts is bigger and more complicated i think but so far i found some interesting rooms. The best one i found was this huge hallway with floating candles " it was probably his favourite spot at the moment. " And this hallways for example" he pointed behind him "Did you walk to the end there? It looks like it goes somewhere but it doesn't" he was talking a bit faster now. Something he did when he got excited about something. "Why is there nothing? Was there once something ? Another hallway or a room perhaps? And why isn't it there anymore?" so many questions, so little answers. "Sorry" he apologised as he cleared his throat and realized that his finger was still pointing at the end of the hallway so he lowered it back inside of his pocket.

Claudine knew that her staring threw people off but she was not seeing much of the signs from Dorian. This was quite new. Only most of her family had adopted to her strong gaze. Strangely, this made her actually like the Head Boy. She couldn’t hold back that smile anymore. A small one crept onto her face. “Did you ever get detention for being late?’’ Interested. Colour the Snakette interested in finding out why he didn’t like Hogwarts at first. “Why? Was it because of all the drama that happens there?’’ Claudine knew… she read the Daily Prophet and had heard talk at the Mansion.

“That sounds… nice.’’
There had been a pause before the last word and that wasn’t because she was being sarcastic. It was because she rarely said things like that or was rarely interested in other houses but the Ravenclaw Common room did sound homey. “I wish the Slytherin broom closet had an art room. Can you believe we have a broom closet for a Common room? The nerve of some.’’

Claudine tilted her head then shook it. “I don’t think I’ve come across that one as yet.’’ She still had a lot of exploration to do. Her eyes followed the finger pointing and she leaned slightly to the side to get a better look down the corridor. “I haven’t gotten that far. Does it really seem to go on and on?” This boy had so many questions. “Shall we go see if we can answer any?’’ Without waiting for an answer, Claudine started to move down the corridor. “I’m Claudine, by the way. Claudine Blaze.’’

Old 10-02-2019, 05:42 PM   #16 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2

SPOILER!!: Claudine~
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

Claudine knew that her staring threw people off but she was not seeing much of the signs from Dorian. This was quite new. Only most of her family had adopted to her strong gaze. Strangely, this made her actually like the Head Boy. She couldn’t hold back that smile anymore. A small one crept onto her face. “Did you ever get detention for being late?’’ Interested. Colour the Snakette interested in finding out why he didn’t like Hogwarts at first. “Why? Was it because of all the drama that happens there?’’ Claudine knew… she read the Daily Prophet and had heard talk at the Mansion.

“That sounds… nice.’’
There had been a pause before the last word and that wasn’t because she was being sarcastic. It was because she rarely said things like that or was rarely interested in other houses but the Ravenclaw Common room did sound homey. “I wish the Slytherin broom closet had an art room. Can you believe we have a broom closet for a Common room? The nerve of some.’’

Claudine tilted her head then shook it. “I don’t think I’ve come across that one as yet.’’ She still had a lot of exploration to do. Her eyes followed the finger pointing and she leaned slightly to the side to get a better look down the corridor. “I haven’t gotten that far. Does it really seem to go on and on?” This boy had so many questions. “Shall we go see if we can answer any?’’ Without waiting for an answer, Claudine started to move down the corridor. “I’m Claudine, by the way. Claudine Blaze.’’

With his free hand deep inside of his robe pocket, Dorian gazed at the Slytherin, wondering what he had done that she was actually smiling right now. A small smile but still a smile. "I did not" He said. "I think it is because i was never minutes late just a few seconds after the door closed" he had lost some points though but that was a different story. Lost points for being a GOOD student. Something he was still salty about.

Long story short. Yes, it was because of all the drama that happened at Hogwarts that he had wanted to swich school and had his family not been broke he would have gone to Ilvermorny in a heartbeat. But now that he was actually in a different school than Hogwarts, it did not feel right. You don't know what you have until its gone, he guessed. "Yes, i am very tired of the school getting attacked every single year" he sighed and shook his head. "I guess it is exciting for some but all i wanted was to learn and graduate at the end of my seven years without having to be afraid of my life" another sigh.

Her next comment made him let out a short laugh. Yes, he had heard that Slytherin had taken the shortest straw. Was he feeling sorry? no, not at all. "I apologise for saying this but i was very glad that it wasn't my House who got chosen. What's it like other than small?" did they even have windows?

"I suggest checking the room with the floating candles out, it is truly a remarkable sight and it reminded me of the Great Hall at Hogwarts" For someone who had wanted to leave Hogwarts, he was pretty homesick to it.

"I don't know, i just went for a quick lo--" ok, he guessed he could walk back again as the girl was already walking to the end of the corridor. He put his notebook inside of his robe pocket and with his hands inside as well, the Head Boy followed. "Dorian Katharos" he said simply.
Old 10-09-2019, 01:38 AM   #17 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:

With his free hand deep inside of his robe pocket, Dorian gazed at the Slytherin, wondering what he had done that she was actually smiling right now. A small smile but still a smile. "I did not" He said. "I think it is because i was never minutes late just a few seconds after the door closed" he had lost some points though but that was a different story. Lost points for being a GOOD student. Something he was still salty about.

Long story short. Yes, it was because of all the drama that happened at Hogwarts that he had wanted to swich school and had his family not been broke he would have gone to Ilvermorny in a heartbeat. But now that he was actually in a different school than Hogwarts, it did not feel right. You don't know what you have until its gone, he guessed. "Yes, i am very tired of the school getting attacked every single year" he sighed and shook his head. "I guess it is exciting for some but all i wanted was to learn and graduate at the end of my seven years without having to be afraid of my life" another sigh.

Her next comment made him let out a short laugh. Yes, he had heard that Slytherin had taken the shortest straw. Was he feeling sorry? no, not at all. "I apologise for saying this but i was very glad that it wasn't my House who got chosen. What's it like other than small?" did they even have windows?

"I suggest checking the room with the floating candles out, it is truly a remarkable sight and it reminded me of the Great Hall at Hogwarts" For someone who had wanted to leave Hogwarts, he was pretty homesick to it.

"I don't know, i just went for a quick lo--" ok, he guessed he could walk back again as the girl was already walking to the end of the corridor. He put his notebook inside of his robe pocket and with his hands inside as well, the Head Boy followed. "Dorian Katharos" he said simply.

Claudine knew that meant that the Head Boy had lost House points for being late. Perhaps she should ask for a map to avoid this. Yes, she cared very much about the Slytherins winning the House Cup. At least, until she graduated. Now she looked at him in surprise. “Why didn’t you ever leave then? Surely your parents would want you to.’’ Though Claudine’s huge family got on her nerves at times, she was sure they wouldn’t want her to stay at Hogwarts for longer than necessary.

The Snakette cast him a sour look. “You’re lucky. There’s brooms in the entryway which is mostly dark, by the way. I’ve heard older Slytherins say that the common room is a lot smaller than what they’re used to at Hogwarts. Maybe the only good thing is that the sun shines through the windows.’’ You know what? Claudine figured that she should actually make a note of that suggestion. “Floating candle room,’’ she muttered as she quickly scribbled on her sketchpad. “Thanks. I will.’’

Okay, so he was following her. With or without him, Claudine was going to do this. “Nice to meet you, Dorian.’’ Claudine sort of meant it. “It must have taken very skilled magic to charm this corridor. Don’t you think?’’