sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1191 users online including...
PhoenixRising , Svetlfzi , Ivana R , FredFum , Seo-Ul-ges , Andrewvh , Methrenhow , Vikijuq

8 members
1183 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 51: January - April 2019

Term 51: January - April 2019 Term Fifty-One: Don't Feed the Furries (Sept 2097 - June 2098)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2019, 06:00 AM

Default Office of Dolly Dopple

Behind a boring, solid wood door, any student or staff member who enters will find a brightly lit and terribly furnished office. One may think that whoever furnished said office were colour blind. The desk itself is wood and plain, but the couch is blue, with pink plaid pillows. Beneath it lay a green polka dotted rug with mysterious, faded yellow stains on it. In the corner of the room sits a furry, lavender arm chair with a rather obnoxious and terribly stitched fuchsia and brown lap quilt.

Next to the rickety wooden desk, there is a table with a tea set and some stale cookies that anyone may help themselves to. Behind the desk, on the wall, are five empty picture frames that belong to all of Dolly's deceased ex-husbands. She hangs them up in case any of them need to chat, but they all have told her that the afterlife is quite busy, so she doesn't see them very often. No matter. She wasn't seriously attached to any of them anyway.

The last think one might notice in this painfully colourful office is Wendy, a horrendously frizzy Persian cat who looks like it ran into a sliding glass door a few too many times. She usually is sat upon a fluffy yellow pillow beside Dolly's desk. Whether it has always been yellow or if it used to be white is a mystery anyone who may wish to may solve themselves.
Old 01-05-2019, 10:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Zoryn avoided her professors in most circumstances, but this wasn't something that she needed answers to RIGHT away. This Gryffindor had a mission for her seventh year and the feast was just phase one. This next project was just as important, which meant she'd go through any means in order to get it done. Aka why she was in front of Professor Whats-her-name's office door.

KNOCK

KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK!!!!!!!!!!!

It's Zoryn Spinnet and this is HIGHLY important!

You are Lemon!
Old 01-07-2019, 12:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dolly Dopple
Graduated

Sitting at her desk, Dolly had several papers hovering in front of her that displayed her lesson plan for the following day and she was working on the final tweaks and changes to make it juuuuuuust right when she heard a knock on the door. Perking up, Dolly looked towards the door. 'A visitor, how exciting!' she thought to herself, slowly getting to her feet.

"Comiiiiing!" she croaked, shuffling in her purple loafers to the door. She opened it with a toothy (denture-y) grin and saw a young little thing waiting outside. "Well, hello dear. Come in, come in." Waving her wrinkly hand towards herself, Dolly stepped aside so the student could come in, the smell of tea, old furniture and cat awaiting her.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

No offense, but Professor What's-her-name literally looked like one of those creepy dolls from a horror movie. Despite this, Zoryn had pretty much immediately written her off as a harmless bag of bones and perhaps an easy push-over type. The Gryffindor had to restrain herself from physically making her horror known at the unsightly smile the Charms Professor showed her. Y u c k.

"Hi Professor, I'm Zoryn Spinnet and I'm just going to cut right to the chase here," because no one had time for small talk nowadays. Especially not Zoryn. She had bigger, better things to do than to stand around and chit-chat with someone straddling the afterlife.

"I need to know how portraits work. The ones that talk. How do I make one?"

Remember the part about this meeting being very important? It was.

You are Lemon!
Old 01-10-2019, 04:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dolly Dopple
Graduated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
No offense, but Professor What's-her-name literally looked like one of those creepy dolls from a horror movie. Despite this, Zoryn had pretty much immediately written her off as a harmless bag of bones and perhaps an easy push-over type. The Gryffindor had to restrain herself from physically making her horror known at the unsightly smile the Charms Professor showed her. Y u c k.

"Hi Professor, I'm Zoryn Spinnet and I'm just going to cut right to the chase here," because no one had time for small talk nowadays. Especially not Zoryn. She had bigger, better things to do than to stand around and chit-chat with someone straddling the afterlife.

"I need to know how portraits work. The ones that talk. How do I make one?"

Remember the part about this meeting being very important? It was.
To be quite honest, Dolly was pretty much a harmless bag of bones. She wasn't wrong.

The old lady was a little taken aback by the girl's forwardness and quickness to get to the point. It took her a moment a few wrinkly blinks to process what she had said and asked. Dolly stepped further into her office and sat down on her plush office chair, gesturing to the chair in front of her desk for the young girl to sit down. What did she say her name was?

"Well, Zelda, my dear, these portraits are quite tricky magic, you see. And even after all the hard work, there's no saying whether or not whoever you want to be there will actually be there." Take the five portraits on the wall behind her for example. Each frame had the name of a man, the last one being "Dopple". All five of her deceased husbands. They clearly were busy.

Dolly grabbed her tea kettle and poured the girl a cup, her wobbly arm splashing a bit of tea outside of the cup. "Who is it you are wanting in the portrait, anyway?" Hopefully not a dead husband.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolly Dopple View Post
To be quite honest, Dolly was pretty much a harmless bag of bones. She wasn't wrong.

The old lady was a little taken aback by the girl's forwardness and quickness to get to the point. It took her a moment a few wrinkly blinks to process what she had said and asked. Dolly stepped further into her office and sat down on her plush office chair, gesturing to the chair in front of her desk for the young girl to sit down. What did she say her name was?

"Well, Zelda, my dear, these portraits are quite tricky magic, you see. And even after all the hard work, there's no saying whether or not whoever you want to be there will actually be there." Take the five portraits on the wall behind her for example. Each frame had the name of a man, the last one being "Dopple". All five of her deceased husbands. They clearly were busy.

Dolly grabbed her tea kettle and poured the girl a cup, her wobbly arm splashing a bit of tea outside of the cup. "Who is it you are wanting in the portrait, anyway?" Hopefully not a dead husband.

Honestly, with the way people beat around the bush here it was a wonder that anything ever got done at this forsaken school. With this in mind, Zoryn wasn't all too surprised that her forwardness must've taken Dopple by surprise. Though... If the woman was going to process everything at this rate, they'd be here all year. And Zoryn had bigger and better things to do with her life. No offense.

"Zoryn," she corrected as she went to sit in the chair. Who in their right mind would name a person 'Zelda'?? What a strange name.

The Gryffindor eyed her Charms Professor as the woman shakily poured two cups of tea. Zor wasn't sure she wanted to drink any of it... But the sentiment was nice? Sort of. If any of the tea actually made it into the cup, anyway. "Me." Duh.

"So I'm sure you can understand how important it is that I get it made."

You are Lemon!
Old 01-12-2019, 07:34 AM   #7 (permalink)

Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dolly Dopple
Graduated

Quote:

Honestly, with the way people beat around the bush here it was a wonder that anything ever got done at this forsaken school. With this in mind, Zoryn wasn't all too surprised that her forwardness must've taken Dopple by surprise. Though... If the woman was going to process everything at this rate, they'd be here all year. And Zoryn had bigger and better things to do with her life. No offense.

"Zoryn," she corrected as she went to sit in the chair. Who in their right mind would name a person 'Zelda'?? What a strange name.

The Gryffindor eyed her Charms Professor as the woman shakily poured two cups of tea. Zor wasn't sure she wanted to drink any of it... But the sentiment was nice? Sort of. If any of the tea actually made it into the cup, anyway. "Me." Duh.

"So I'm sure you can understand how important it is that I get it made."
You see... life... was long. But there was no need to rush! Dolly had learned to take her time with things and enjoy all the moments in life. All 99 years of endless, slow, wrinkly moments.

Though, now she was a tad confused. Her tea pouring was great to begin with, but the idea of this young student putting herself into a portrait caused her tea to spill all over the desk and splash over the edge. And, obviously, she didn't notice.

Dolly set the kettle down, crooked and haphazardly on the edge of her desk and wondered at the girl, thin wrinkly lips slightly apart.

"Well................."

"No, I don't understand."

Please clarify.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default I'M SO SORRY I DIDN'T SEE THIS REPLY?????????? #theworst

Quote:
You see... life... was long. But there was no need to rush! Dolly had learned to take her time with things and enjoy all the moments in life. All 99 years of endless, slow, wrinkly moments.

Though, now she was a tad confused. Her tea pouring was great to begin with, but the idea of this young student putting herself into a portrait caused her tea to spill all over the desk and splash over the edge. And, obviously, she didn't notice.

Dolly set the kettle down, crooked and haphazardly on the edge of her desk and wondered at the girl, thin wrinkly lips slightly apart.

"Well................."

"No, I don't understand."

Please clarify.
"You missed," she pointed at the big puddle of WET. Zoryn Amari Spinnet was very helpful, if not anything else.

And before Professor Dopple could bump into the teapot and make a mess of that too, Zor leaned forward to give the teapot a nice push so that it wasn't leaning over the edge of the table. You're welcome. Geez, was she allowed to be teaching? Didn't the BoG vet the new hires?

"......" Zoryn blinked. Which part hadn't she understood? Because the seventh year had been pretty clear. "I want a talking portrait," she spoke VERY slowly and enunciated every syllable, carefully, as if speaking to a child. "Of myself." Did she get it now?

Because honestly, Zoryn wasn't about to explain a third time that would be ridiculous. If Dolly Dopple couldn't help her then this was a waste of time. Zor had much better things to do: like make anna meriwether's life a living hell, for example.

You are Lemon!

Last edited by ArianaBlack; 01-26-2019 at 10:49 AM. Reason: I only proofread when it is three weeks after the post was made
Old 01-19-2019, 09:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dolly Dopple
Graduated

Quote:
"You missed," she pointed at the big puddle of WET. Zoryn Amari Spinnet was very helpful, if not anything else.

And before Professor Dopple could bump into the teapot and make a mess of that too, Zor leaned forward to give the teapot a nice push so that it wasn't leaning over the edge of the table. You're welcome. Geez, was she allowed to be teaching? Didn't the BoG vet the new hires?

"......" Zoryn blinked. Which part hadn't she understood? Because the seventh year had been pretty clear. "I want a talking portrait," she spoke VERY slowly and enunciated every syllable, carefully, as if speaking to a child. "Of myself." Did she get it now?

Because honestly, Zoryn wasn't about to explain a third time that would be ridiculous. If Dolly Dopple couldn't help her then this was a waste of time. Zor had much better things to do: like my anna meriwether's life a living hell, for example.
A talking portrait of herself, right... Well, she supposed that wasn't TOO unreasonable. The paintings were usually done soon before someone was expected to die, though... Oh dear, was the poor girl sick? Dolly was afraid to ask. Curious, yes, but... no, she wouldn't ask.

Grabbing a tea towel, Dolly dabbed at the puddle of water on her desk that had seeped into some of her papers.

"Well..." Dolly began, tossing the towel aside, quite literally. "Do you know anyone who can paint?"
Old 01-19-2019, 09:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
A talking portrait of herself, right... Well, she supposed that wasn't TOO unreasonable. The paintings were usually done soon before someone was expected to die, though... Oh dear, was the poor girl sick? Dolly was afraid to ask. Curious, yes, but... no, she wouldn't ask.

Grabbing a tea towel, Dolly dabbed at the puddle of water on her desk that had seeped into some of her papers.

"Well..." Dolly began, tossing the towel aside, quite literally. "Do you know anyone who can paint?"

Zoryn was never unreasonable. Please. If anything, she was probably the MOST reasonable. Facts only, people!!!

The Gryffindor watched, unimpressed, as Professor Dopply dabbed away at the puddle. She did know she was a wizard, right? Because this dabbing technique was highly ineffective. If anything, she was only smudging the papers more. Zoryn wasn't about to say anything though because one of those papers had Derf's name on it and he deserved to be sacrificed.

"Abra can paint," she nodded. He loved it and was quite good, actually. Easily persuaded too, which was a bonus. Pretty unassuming. Never asked too many questions. Not bold enough to tattle. Oh, and they were also friends.

You are Lemon!
Old 01-20-2019, 04:44 AM   #11 (permalink)

Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dolly Dopple
Graduated

Quote:

Zoryn was never unreasonable. Please. If anything, she was probably the MOST reasonable. Facts only, people!!!

The Gryffindor watched, unimpressed, as Professor Dopply dabbed away at the puddle. She did know she was a wizard, right? Because this dabbing technique was highly ineffective. If anything, she was only smudging the papers more. Zoryn wasn't about to say anything though because one of those papers had Derf's name on it and he deserved to be sacrificed.

"Abra can paint," she nodded. He loved it and was quite good, actually. Easily persuaded too, which was a bonus. Pretty unassuming. Never asked too many questions. Not bold enough to tattle. Oh, and they were also friends.
"Sure he can, dear." Was that her imaginary friend? What a strange name. Poor girl, she really was ill, wasn't she? Dolly's heart and soul went out to her and her friends - including her imaginary ones. What a sad time! It wasn't easy losing a friend. Dolly had lost five husbands after all. Although she was doing rather well...

Anyway. "Perhaps you can ask this... Abel to paint you then." Never mind the fact that it took a skilled, magical painter to get the characteristics, movements, mannerisms right - and that was without the talking! Merlin, the talking and voice took ages to get right. But if the girl was really as ill as she seemed... well, she'd be dead long before the painting was finished.

Oh dear. One of her own students. Dying. How TRAGIC. Dolly felt a single tear well up in her left eye. "Oh, my dear, you must tell me. How much longer do you have? Is it dragon pox??? Kelpie fever?????" What could she DO to HELP HER?
Old 01-22-2019, 08:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
"Sure he can, dear." Was that her imaginary friend? What a strange name. Poor girl, she really was ill, wasn't she? Dolly's heart and soul went out to her and her friends - including her imaginary ones. What a sad time! It wasn't easy losing a friend. Dolly had lost five husbands after all. Although she was doing rather well...

Anyway. "Perhaps you can ask this... Abel to paint you then." Never mind the fact that it took a skilled, magical painter to get the characteristics, movements, mannerisms right - and that was without the talking! Merlin, the talking and voice took ages to get right. But if the girl was really as ill as she seemed... well, she'd be dead long before the painting was finished.

Oh dear. One of her own students. Dying. How TRAGIC. Dolly felt a single tear well up in her left eye. "Oh, my dear, you must tell me. How much longer do you have? Is it dragon pox??? Kelpie fever?????" What could she DO to HELP HER?
The seventh year squinted. She couldn't tell if her Charms Professor was really as oblivious as she let on, or if the old lady was actually just mocking her....? Either way, Zoryn Spinnet had much better things to do than argue with a bundle of bones. So instead, she just nodded. He could paint, by the way. He was quite good at it.

"Abra," she corrected, knowing very well that this was a lost cause. It was like trying to teach a crup to walk on it's hind legs. If that crup was both blind and deaf. And if it had short term memory loss. And if it was stuck in a perpetual black hole. And if it wasn't a crup but was actually a pile of mooncalf dung. That's what it was like trying to get Professor D to remember literally anything. Like, ever. Did she even know her OWN name??????And furthermore, would they have to make name tents every lesson? Because while it seemed like a necessity here, it was also a big waste of paper. And also effort. What was the point of putting up their names if she wasn't going to remember any of them anyways? Exactly. There was no point.

Zoryn was about to suggest Dopple take a wit-sharpening potion every now and then, before the woman spoke up again.

How much longer did she have?

What?

Zoryn's first assumption was very wrong because all the sudden it sounded like Professor Dolly Dopple was indicating that Zoryn was about to die.

Okay first of all lady, HAVE YOU LOOKED IN A BLOODY MIRROR? Because if anyone was on their deathbed here it was the 300 year old woman whose name rhymed with topple. Topple as in, toppled off the mattress and stopped breathing yesterday. Dopple. It was DOLLY.

But then again... all things considered... did dying get you out of homework assignments? Because Zoryn could pretend. "Could be two.... Maybe three...?" Years? Months? Weeks? Days? Did it really matter? No, because Zoryn wasn't actually dying. "The Healer's haven't been able to diagnose it yet. A very rare case." Did this mean she could get O's for the rest of the term?

You are Lemon!

Last edited by ArianaBlack; 01-22-2019 at 08:32 PM.
Old 01-25-2019, 06:21 PM   #13 (permalink)

Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dolly Dopple
Graduated

TWO? THREE?

MERLIN'S MUM.

At that precise moment, Dolly burst into tears. Sopping wet, slimy, wrinkly, glittery tears. She grabbed a nearby rag and held it to her face to soak up the tear/snot combination that was leaking from her facial orifices. "Oh, my dear! How tragic!" A child this young, so close to death! How unfair! "What a burden you must bear!" It was inconceivable that her parents even let her leave home to go to school!

Blowing her nose obnoxiously, Dolly shook her head and attempted to compose herself again. "Oh, we'll have to do something. Cancel your exams. Give you less homework." Dolly couldn't imagine burdening the girl with even more trouble while her own body beTRAYED her and willed her to DIE.

"Oh!" she exclaimed as an idea hit her. "No, I know what. We must talk to the Headmaster." Dolly stood up and frantically began looking for something. Her glasses? Her shoes? Another tissue? Who knew? "He has to let you return home. You should be with your family!" And without finding what she was looking for (whatever that was), Dolly put on her bright green jacket. "Come dear, we must talk to Mickey. Mackey. Err.. The Headmaster." What was his name again?
Old 01-26-2019, 12:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

..................................... um.

You know when you say something and then the regret just hits you instantly? Yeah, this was one of those times. Dopple had taken just about seven minutes to process everything else the Gryffindor had said today, but somehow managed to burst into literal crocodile tears not even a minute after Zoryn had given herself an expiration date.

Ew.

If there was anything worse than being stuck in an office with a Professor for one minute too many, it was human tears.

But as they say in improv! The show must go on? She was in too deep to turn around, anyway. They could work with this. Yes, yes SO tragic. SO unfair. She nodded solemnly.

CANCEL EXAMS? LESS HOMEWORK?

Man, she should've faked dying AGES ago! At this point the nodding became MUCH MORE ENTHUSIASTIC. Zoryn was just about filled to the brim with absolute glee. Who knew it would be this easy? Who knew--

"NO!" she JUMPED out of the seat, raising her voice to an unnecessary volume.

Ahem.

Calmly returning back to a seated position, she composed herself. "I don't have family," lie. "I want to spend my last moments at Hogwarts," lie. She rubbed her eyes, managing to make some fake tear action happen. Bless her acting phase. "I can't imagine being anywhere else, all the people I love are right here," lie. "If only I had less Charms homework... So I could use more time to reflect..."

Wink, wink.

Nudge, nudge.

You are Lemon!
Old 01-26-2019, 06:52 PM   #15 (permalink)

Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dolly Dopple
Graduated

Dolly had just fixed the collar on her jacket when the child LEAPT from her chair in protest. Oh dear. No family? How had this poor child made it all this way alone? See - this was why Dolly had never had kids. They made her SAD.

Wait, was it? Or was it from.... oh, never mind.

Dolly hesitantly returned to her seat, processing the girl's words. She wanted to live her last moments at Hogwarts. Hogwarts was her family now, wasn't it?

"Less Charms homework?" the woman repeated, mildly apALLED. "My dear, I hope you don't think I'm daft." Because she OBVIOUSLY WASN'T. ObViOuSlY. "You should know by now I give the least amount of homework out of all your professors. Charms is the least of your problems. If anything, I should give you MORE Charms homework to keep your mind occupied!" She couldn't let the poor girl mope all the time about her life-threatening illness! How depressing!

Why had the girl come into her office in the first place? Dolly couldn't remember. The old lady sighed. "I think you know what's best for you, my dear. If there's anything else I can do for you, please let me know." Then she reached across the desk and gave her hand a little pat pat with her extremely wrinkly one.
Old 01-28-2019, 07:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

...... For the record, Zoryn did. She did think her Charms Professor was daft.

"Uh, no thank you, Professor. Mind is already occupied enough as it is," SHE REASSURED THE FRAIL WOMAN. Man. This was bum. She had almost gotten away with it too. So close, yet so so far. Still, it was all worth a shot, y'know? Zoryn had absolutely no regrets.

Zoryn literally cringed as her Professor patted her hand.

She'd wash it immediately after she left.

"Thanks, Professor," though what exactly Zoryn was thanking her for??? Absolutely nothing. Because not only did her Professor FAIL to answer her actual question. But she had also failed to cancel homework for the rest of the year.

Kay.

Zoryn stood up, gave the woman a forced smile. "See you."

You are Lemon!
Old 01-29-2019, 08:03 PM   #17 (permalink)

Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dolly Dopple
Graduated

Oh, she was leaving so soon? That was too bad. Dolly didn't get many visitors - she would have liked to have her company for just a little while longer. "You're welcome, my dear. Do let me know if there's anything I can do for you." Anything to ease the pain for a dying child.

Once the girl left, Dolly returned her attention to her desk. Wait, why was she wearing her coat???
Old 02-15-2019, 05:53 AM   #18 (permalink)
Chomp chomp CHOMP
Red Cap

Not one, not two, not ten but A FAR LARGER number of fluffy little mutants congregated in the one place they were always guaranteed food and affection.

The old woman was kind and fed them ALL the time. It was a little like what they said about feeding stray cats. These little guys always came back. Today was no different. While they spent most of their time hiding away in the dark crevices, multiplying with each new meal, this office was like a second home. Comfy places to get snug and a caring figure to give them cuddles and whatever she could fit into their mouths.

The mutants lounged all about, making their little giggle-esque noises as they waited to be fed.

It was about feeding time, wasn’t it? Once it was over, they would go back to hiding—and chomping.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:48 PM   #19 (permalink)

Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dolly Dopple
Graduated

Dolly had just finished running some errands around the castle when she was on her way back to her office. She hadn't forgotten, of course, that it was nearing feeding time for the little furry babies that came by each day, so she had stopped into the great hall on the way back to her office to snag some rolls and muffins for the little things. She would have gotten more, but the kitchens seemed to have disappeared altogether, so she had to grab what was already out.

Rounding the corner, the old lady squEEEEd with delight when she saw her little friends waiting for her inside her office. She never locked her door, so they were always welcome to come in! Her old kneazle, Linda, didn't seem to mind them either. She always just sat in the corner of the room and ignored them.

"Hello, my little alien babies!" the old lady croaked with a big, wrinkly grin on her face as she pulled the muffins and rolls out of her jacket. "You are all so smart!" she exclaimed, breaking the rolls in half before handing them out to the little fur babies. "I hope you're hungry today." She gave one a little nuzzle to the head and handed another a muffin, carefully kneeling down in the center of the room. "Have you all been good today? Cleaning up after yourselves? Doing your homework?"
Old 02-16-2019, 03:05 AM   #20 (permalink)
Chomp chomp CHOMP
Red Cap

In this entire, massive castle they'd come to call home in recent months, she had to be their absolute favourite. Cuddles and MUFFINS.

The ones closest to the treat rushed forward, careful not to munch on each other even while they devoured the baked good. It was good and the four who got to enjoy it became eight.

A few of them cuddled up to her, flocking closer like she'd become a mother of sorts to them.
Old 02-16-2019, 05:43 AM   #21 (permalink)

Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dolly Dopple
Graduated

"My goodness, you are always so hungry! Isn't anyone else feeding you??" Dolly broke up the rest of the rolls and the muffins into pieces so all of the little fur babies could enjoy some. And right before her eyes, they duplicated. Dolly clapped her hands together in excitement. "Ohoho! Wonderful!" she exclaimed, lowering her wrinkly hands to pet a few of them. Some of the patches on her wrinkly arms had started to look like the little monsters themselves. Furry. It was almost cute.

She patted each of them on the head affectionately. "You are all so very special, do you know that?" A nuzzle here, a nuzzle there. Every little fluff got a nuzzle from old Dolly.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:16 PM   #22 (permalink)

DMC & DMLE
Thestral

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solana Selwyn
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Selene Diana Evans
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy
Default I hope you don’t mind if we crash?
Snow Miser | Munchy | Molly Hooper | T | Hey, you | Phantom | Mrs. Chris Evans | Brat Pack | Tristalen

Kalen had been meaning to talk to the new Charms Professor, but time has slipped away from him, and so he was finally heading down to see if they could have a chat and perhaps a cup of tea?

Because who didn’t love tea?

Kalen knocked on the door and waited for a response as was proper of course and drummed his fingers on his thighs as he waited for a response.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:59 AM   #23 (permalink)

Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dolly Dopple
Graduated

Dolly still had some muffins and rolls left, but she was right in the middle of giving all of the little furry alien puff balls some love when she heard a knock on her door. "Oh, do come in!" she called out, her old voice warbling with joy (and just age, tbh).

She was still on the floor, soaking in all the LOVE from the little fur babies. They seemed to have been quite hungry though, so she grabbed another muffin and broke it up to feed more of them. They had multiplied, after all!
Old 02-18-2019, 07:05 PM   #24 (permalink)

DMC & DMLE
Thestral

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solana Selwyn
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Selene Diana Evans
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy
Snow Miser | Munchy | Molly Hooper | T | Hey, you | Phantom | Mrs. Chris Evans | Brat Pack | Tristalen

Kalen heard the voice beckoning him to come in and as he opened the door. His bright green eyes went wide as he saw.. the plethora of piñatas mutants everywhere.

Oh dear Merlin’s left sock. Kalen was rather shocked at all of the little creatures in front of him..

His mouth opened and shut, and then opened again and nothing came out, his hands made sort of gesturing motions to all of the creatures and the woman feeding them. His eyes barely took in the violently colored and mismatched office!

All he could focus on was the many mutants in front of him.

“Does.. ” Kalen’s voice cracked and trailed off into silence.

“Does the headmaster know about them? ” He asked after he had cleared his throat a few times and looked at Dolly. Because uhhh.. the headmaster should know about this..
Old 02-19-2019, 12:21 AM   #25 (permalink)

Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dolly Dopple
Graduated

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeguilingBubbles View Post
Kalen heard the voice beckoning him to come in and as he opened the door. His bright green eyes went wide as he saw.. the plethora of piñatas mutants everywhere.

Oh dear Merlin’s left sock. Kalen was rather shocked at all of the little creatures in front of him..

His mouth opened and shut, and then opened again and nothing came out, his hands made sort of gesturing motions to all of the creatures and the woman feeding them. His eyes barely took in the violently colored and mismatched office!

All he could focus on was the many mutants in front of him.

“Does.. ” Kalen’s voice cracked and trailed off into silence.

“Does the headmaster know about them? ” He asked after he had cleared his throat a few times and looked at Dolly. Because uhhh.. the headmaster should know about this..
There, now all the mutants were fed, even the extra ones that had just popped up! "We have a visitor, friends," she whispered to the precious little fluff balls as she heard her door open. Craning her neck, Dolly saw her coworker come in. Oh, what was his name? Kenneth? Kaleb?

Whatever his name was, he seemed to be having a hard time with... well, everything. Could he not speak? Did he lose something too? Dolly furrowed her wrinkly brows together in concern, about to ask him if everything was alright when he finally found his wits and asked her something first.

Dolly looked down at her furry friends and then looked back up at Kaden. Kaitlin? "Well, I would imagine so. They've been all over the castle." So surely the headmaster was aware of their friends? Unless they only kept visiting Dolly...