sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1120 users online including...
Svetligg , Stevendalo , Antonioqvj , maximllon

5 members
1115 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Charles Hollingberry Era

Charles Hollingberry Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Minister for Magic, Charles Hollingberry [IC March 2097 - present; OOC November 2018 - present]

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2018, 10:02 AM

Default Mid Level Lifts

*click for live version*

It’s true, the rattle and clang of the lift as it goes frontways, backways, sideways, and the good old fashioned up and down may be annoying,
now that the lifts are restored under the guidance Simone Krafft
. It may make you grind your teeth in a way that will make your dentist recommend you wear a retainer at night healer recommend Skele-Gro to fix them. At least you have those spirited elevator music renditions of show tunes playing in the background as you travel about the Ministry to keep you company?

Those of approved blood status traveling though the Ministry of Magic via the lifts have now found themselves somewhere in the midst of the mid levels. Choose a number (four, five, or six) and you'll be dropped off on the level of your choice!
Old 04-16-2019, 09:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default Open post
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

James Draper had places to go and people not-to-see. These elevators were far too clanky and hardly moved at a reasonable enough pace. All of this to mean that he avoided them as much as possible. Unfortunately, they could not be evaded all together.

Obviously.

Otherwise he wouldn't have been here, waiting for their arrival. Come on, what was taking so long!? The man checked his watch, just to find out that he had only been standing here for five seconds. Five EXCRUCIATING seconds though. Five seconds? Felt more like five YEARS.

Was he being dramatic? Perhaps. But the point remained. Why couldn't some of the budget go towards updating the lifts?

You are Lemon!
Old 04-16-2019, 02:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Eliora Dodderidge
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Theophilus Darcy

x7 x5
∞ 17 | RP entrepreneur | defies gravity | Miss George is flawless | blanket burrito lyfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
James Draper had places to go and people not-to-see. These elevators were far too clanky and hardly moved at a reasonable enough pace. All of this to mean that he avoided them as much as possible. Unfortunately, they could not be evaded all together.

Obviously.

Otherwise he wouldn't have been here, waiting for their arrival. Come on, what was taking so long!? The man checked his watch, just to find out that he had only been standing here for five seconds. Five EXCRUCIATING seconds though. Five seconds? Felt more like five YEARS.

Was he being dramatic? Perhaps. But the point remained. Why couldn't some of the budget go towards updating the lifts?
Typically, Eliora spent this time of the day in her office or checking in on her employees that weren't out in the field. Not today, though. She had just sat through a meeting for two hours and needed to stretch her legs out and find another department to hide in for a twenty minute nap. While she loved her job and was still revelling in the new responsibilities as Department Head.. she couldn't quite manage to be excited about sitting in with the Muggle-Worthy Excuse Committee meetings. Holding a position on the committee was all well and good when they talked for two hours about the boring things.

So, with five cups of coffee following behind her and a notepad of doodles she had done during the meeting, Eli waited for the first lift available.

She had fallen in beside workbae James with a grin and gestured behind her to the coffee. "Go ahead. You know you want one." And he also knew that she'd let him have one.

[Grimoire]__________________________________________________ ____________

Old 04-16-2019, 08:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanners View Post
Typically, Eliora spent this time of the day in her office or checking in on her employees that weren't out in the field. Not today, though. She had just sat through a meeting for two hours and needed to stretch her legs out and find another department to hide in for a twenty minute nap. While she loved her job and was still revelling in the new responsibilities as Department Head.. she couldn't quite manage to be excited about sitting in with the Muggle-Worthy Excuse Committee meetings. Holding a position on the committee was all well and good when they talked for two hours about the boring things.

So, with five cups of coffee following behind her and a notepad of doodles she had done during the meeting, Eli waited for the first lift available.

She had fallen in beside workbae James with a grin and gestured behind her to the coffee. "Go ahead. You know you want one." And he also knew that she'd let him have one.
The more time he wasted waiting for an elevator, the more opportunity there was in running into someone he did not care about. Which wasn't innately horrible (it was), but it would mean having to make small talk. The only thing worse than small talk was cold coffee.

Speaking of coffee.

James greeted Eliora with a SMALL grin lest anyone else walk upon them and find out that he could ACTUALLY be pleasant. He kept his gaze on her, but silently counted the cups trailing behind through his peripheral. Five. Nice. Excessive, but nice. Two words he'd use if asked to describe Eliora, actually. "You're sure you'll have enough for yourself?" he teased, before reaching out and taking a cup for himself. Of course he wanted one. Had she not offered, he would have taken one anyway. Because he knew she wouldn't have a problem with it. He was James Draper. He could be an exception.

And had his lift arrived? Yes approximately a minute ago. But he was with company now and Eliora was one of the few worth giving attention to around here. He could take the next one.

You are Lemon!
Old 04-16-2019, 09:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:

x7 x5
∞ 17 | RP entrepreneur | defies gravity | Miss George is flawless | blanket burrito lyfe

Oh, that small grin was more than enough for the woman to knock elbows with her friend. Had she not been on such good terms with the man, that grin could well have knocked her knees weak and sent her falling to the floor. James Draper was a very attractive man. Very attractive and hers in all of the ways in which that word could mean without actually meaning hers. So.. unofficially hers. Which meant that she could probably drop comments in conversations and people would get the wrong impression of their friendship.

”Just means you owe me one later.” Or they owed each other a thousand because there was never enough coffee for them both to be completely satisfied. ”Wasn’t sure I’d see you before the end of the work day. Means I can show you something important now and I can use you as a pillow later. Close your eyes.” Who cared about lifts anymore? Workbae was here.

Old 04-17-2019, 03:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Then it was a rather good thing that he didn't have the coffee in his hand at that precise moment. He also didn't mind if people got the wrong impression of their friendship. What was a friendship without blurring the lines, anyway? His offers still stood. For the record.

"That can be arranged," he assured her. Never enough coffee for them both to be completely satisfied. Yes. Truer words have never been spoken. "Call it fate," he took a sip of his newly acquired cup.

Uh. What? He almost spat the coffee straight out of his mouth, but he didn't because he was a professional! "Close my eyes? What, just show me." Why would he close his eyes? Then he couldn't properly drink this coffee. And then it would go COLD. You know what was worse than cold coffee? NOT MANY THINGS!!!!!!!! They had been over this. Even we have been over this.

You are Lemon!
Old 04-17-2019, 05:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:

x7 x5

Quote:
Then it was a rather good thing that he didn't have the coffee in his hand at that precise moment. He also didn't mind if people got the wrong impression of their friendship. What was a friendship without blurring the lines, anyway? His offers still stood. For the record.

"That can be arranged," he assured her. Never enough coffee for them both to be completely satisfied. Yes. Truer words have never been spoken. "Call it fate," he took a sip of his newly acquired cup.

Uh. What? He almost spat the coffee straight out of his mouth, but he didn't because he was a professional! "Close my eyes? What, just show me." Why would he close his eyes? Then he couldn't properly drink this coffee. And then it would go COLD. You know what was worse than cold coffee? NOT MANY THINGS!!!!!!!! They had been over this. Even we have been over this.
Those offers were too good to be true. Mixing business and pleasure was... what she'd pushed for with every male she'd gotten close at work with. But to have it offered back was enough to unsettle the department head. So, she'd stick with using one anothers offices for naps, coffee breaks and shoulder rubs when the day was stressful. For now. Draperidge (which, yes, she did call them out loud) was good as it was. Besides, James wasn't Rusty. He'd never be Rusty and he'd never be Maddox. And he was readily available..........which was a red flag, obviously.

"James, I don't believe in fate when you are concerned." She tutted, opening her jacket to reveal sachets of sugar and sweetener. He was welcome to them. Sure, Eliora rustled when she moved or when she walked, but it was mainly for when she was out of her office and away from level three and their coffee machines.

Mum voice on. "I said close your bloody eyes, James Draper."

Old 04-18-2019, 07:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Too good to be true? Yes, he was. Finally, the recognition James Draper deserved. But he was here, in the flesh. Too good and all. Besides, mixing business and pleasure could be... exciting. Adventurous. Nana never had a problem with it. Where was the fun without a thrill? Offer still stood. And by dismissing them, Eliora was simply depriving herself. Something James made sure to remind her of. Often.

"And what do you believe in when I am concerned?" he asked, amused. He shook his head to decline the offer of tooth-rotteners. He didn't do sugar. Something she knew. Perhaps one day he would humor her, though today was not one of those days. Sugar was a natural poison as far as James saw it. And this Department Head needed to make it to next week. He didn't trust any of his employees to carry the department forward without him.

........ "I swear to merlin, Eliora.." he started in a mumble, closing his eyes obediently. BUT HE WAS NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT. "If this is some sort of gimmick to get me to wear some ridiculous headpiece I'll take it off immediately..." Flower crowns were not his thing. He'd leave that to the likes of Victoria. And he was peaking through one eye. By the way.

You are Lemon!
Old 04-22-2019, 10:11 AM   #9 (permalink)

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:

x7 x5

Quote:
Too good to be true? Yes, he was. Finally, the recognition James Draper deserved. But he was here, in the flesh. Too good and all. Besides, mixing business and pleasure could be... exciting. Adventurous. Nana never had a problem with it. Where was the fun without a thrill? Offer still stood. And by dismissing them, Eliora was simply depriving herself. Something James made sure to remind her of. Often.

"And what do you believe in when I am concerned?" he asked, amused. He shook his head to decline the offer of tooth-rotteners. He didn't do sugar. Something she knew. Perhaps one day he would humor her, though today was not one of those days. Sugar was a natural poison as far as James saw it. And this Department Head needed to make it to next week. He didn't trust any of his employees to carry the department forward without him.

........ "I swear to merlin, Eliora.." he started in a mumble, closing his eyes obediently. BUT HE WAS NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT. "If this is some sort of gimmick to get me to wear some ridiculous headpiece I'll take it off immediately..." Flower crowns were not his thing. He'd leave that to the likes of Victoria. And he was peaking through one eye. By the way.
Truth be told, Eliora was probably going to give in eventually. Maybe in a few months. Maybe after the summer. Perhaps for their one year friend anniversary if they wanted to make it special. But that was a long way away from now. But she also wasn't considering it yet. Maybe in secret. Because it wasn't an option. With a grin, Eliora sipped from her own coffee and shrugged. "You make me believe in love at first sight, Jamesy." She gave him a teasing nudge with her hip.

Honestly, she was just encouraging the rumour mill because it was fun and she was usually the one around her spreading the rumours. Now, she could be part of one. Draperidge, yo.

And if she was going to encourage, then she'd take full usage of his eyes being closed and kissed both of his cheeks. "I don't think you have the right shaped head for a headpiece. It's much too round and I think you have an odd lump at the back. I guess one thing has to be imperfect about you, right?" With another cheek kiss, she opened her notebook to her favourite of doodles. Stick versions of them (with crowns) and a coffee machine surrounded by hearts. Yes, she had spent most of her time putting effort and detail into the coffee machine. "Open up, Drapes."

Old 04-26-2019, 08:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Truth be told, Eliora was probably going to give in eventually. Maybe in a few months. Maybe after the summer. Perhaps for their one year friend anniversary if they wanted to make it special. But that was a long way away from now. But she also wasn't considering it yet. Maybe in secret. Because it wasn't an option. With a grin, Eliora sipped from her own coffee and shrugged. "You make me believe in love at first sight, Jamesy." She gave him a teasing nudge with her hip.

Honestly, she was just encouraging the rumour mill because it was fun and she was usually the one around her spreading the rumours. Now, she could be part of one. Draperidge, yo.

And if she was going to encourage, then she'd take full usage of his eyes being closed and kissed both of his cheeks. "I don't think you have the right shaped head for a headpiece. It's much too round and I think you have an odd lump at the back. I guess one thing has to be imperfect about you, right?" With another cheek kiss, she opened her notebook to her favourite of doodles. Stick versions of them (with crowns) and a coffee machine surrounded by hearts. Yes, she had spent most of her time putting effort and detail into the coffee machine. "Open up, Drapes."
The sooner she gave in the better, honestly. Was Eliora not aware that certain activities were highly conducive to the production of endorphins? Endorphins were fantastic, by the way. They could both use some more of them. Would help with the reliance of coffee. No mood a natural, energy-high couldn't solve. And that's it. That's the tea. It was always an option.

.... Her quick response elicited an eye-roll.

And for the record, let it be known that James didn't care for rumors. Which also meant that he wasn't stopping them.

"That's utter nonsense, 'Liora," the bit about his head. He didn't appreciate that. "My head is just fine." asdf. This whole thing was ridiculous. He couldn't actually believe he was having this conversation just now, how did she always manage to do this? As for the kisses? Extra as hell. Though this was nothing new.

He did as he was told, however, because Eliora was perhaps one of the very few he listened to. But upon actually opening his eyes he wasn't entire sure what he was looking at. So instead of giving her much of a reaction, he simply looked up at her wearing a questioning look on his face. "... I assume there's an explanation to accompany this?"

You are Lemon!
Old 05-05-2019, 01:44 PM   #11 (permalink)

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:

x7 x5

Quote:
The sooner she gave in the better, honestly. Was Eliora not aware that certain activities were highly conducive to the production of endorphins? Endorphins were fantastic, by the way. They could both use some more of them. Would help with the reliance of coffee. No mood a natural, energy-high couldn't solve. And that's it. That's the tea. It was always an option.

.... Her quick response elicited an eye-roll.

And for the record, let it be known that James didn't care for rumors. Which also meant that he wasn't stopping them.

"That's utter nonsense, 'Liora," the bit about his head. He didn't appreciate that. "My head is just fine." asdf. This whole thing was ridiculous. He couldn't actually believe he was having this conversation just now, how did she always manage to do this? As for the kisses? Extra as hell. Though this was nothing new.

He did as he was told, however, because Eliora was perhaps one of the very few he listened to. But upon actually opening his eyes he wasn't entire sure what he was looking at. So instead of giving her much of a reaction, he simply looked up at her wearing a questioning look on his face. "... I assume there's an explanation to accompany this?"
Eliora made a point of rubbing his head and making a face because yep. There was a definite lump up on here. "Maybe your old age has affected the shape of your head, because I feel some wonky shapes up here." And maybe she just liked feeling his hair and leaving it an absolute mess. Maybe, just maybe. Eli just thought it was funny, to be honest. And it was also what she did when he was napping in her office. She messed up his hair instead of painting his nails and drawing on his face.

An explanation...? This needed an explanation?

She made a face again, shoving his shoulder. "It's us!" Duh.

Old 05-07-2019, 07:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Eliora made a point of rubbing his head and making a face because yep. There was a definite lump up on here. "Maybe your old age has affected the shape of your head, because I feel some wonky shapes up here." And maybe she just liked feeling his hair and leaving it an absolute mess. Maybe, just maybe. Eli just thought it was funny, to be honest. And it was also what she did when he was napping in her office. She messed up his hair instead of painting his nails and drawing on his face.

An explanation...? This needed an explanation?

She made a face again, shoving his shoulder. "It's us!" Duh.
Were her words piercing that precious ego of his? Yes, actually. Though he didn't do so much to show it, he was highly bothered by the thought that his head could be imperfect. "Quite the contrary," she was making a mess of his hair and he absolutely knew it. "I age like fine firewhiskey," sealed, signed, and delivered with a wink.

Was she quite finished yet?

So that's why he always left her office looking like a disheveled mess. Something that also did not help with the rumors.

"You have my arms all wrong," he shook his head, pointing at the scrawny little things. "Ratio is off as well, I should be at least two centimeters taller." He was teasing.

You are Lemon!
Old 11-05-2019, 06:55 PM   #13 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

After the last time he tried to get a cappuccino from the Atrium cart had led to him wrangling acromantula, Valentin avoided the area around the Fountain of Brethren lest he get roped into another rescue mission. Valentin was a lot of things, but a hero was not on his resume. Well…maybe it was now. Because he had sure been instrumental with rescuing those people at the playground. Be that as it may, it wasn’t an experience that Valentin wished to recreate anytime soon. Nope. Valentin wasn’t an ‘in the field’ kind of wizard. He preferred the comfort of a desk chair and hot cup of coffee.

So, sipping a cappuccino that he had gotten on his way into the Ministry from a vendor in Trafalgar Square, Valentin leaned against the wall of the lift as he read an owl post from the Ministère des Affaires Magiques de la France. It seemed like things were a little off at home and, well, Valentin was happy he wasn’t there to have to deal with it. That being said, he was fielding some complaints regarding the shenanigans of the British students who were being schooled at Beauxbaton.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:06 AM   #14 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Valentin! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
After the last time he tried to get a cappuccino from the Atrium cart had led to him wrangling acromantula, Valentin avoided the area around the Fountain of Brethren lest he get roped into another rescue mission. Valentin was a lot of things, but a hero was not on his resume. Well…maybe it was now. Because he had sure been instrumental with rescuing those people at the playground. Be that as it may, it wasn’t an experience that Valentin wished to recreate anytime soon. Nope. Valentin wasn’t an ‘in the field’ kind of wizard. He preferred the comfort of a desk chair and hot cup of coffee.

So, sipping a cappuccino that he had gotten on his way into the Ministry from a vendor in Trafalgar Square, Valentin leaned against the wall of the lift as he read an owl post from the Ministère des Affaires Magiques de la France. It seemed like things were a little off at home and, well, Valentin was happy he wasn’t there to have to deal with it. That being said, he was fielding some complaints regarding the shenanigans of the British students who were being schooled at Beauxbaton.

It hadn’t been such a bad week for Sachin. In fact, even work had slowed down a bit which allowed him to deal with pressing issues more efficiently by giving them more of his time and attention. But overall, things were just going well for him at the moment. He really was grateful for it.

Sachin stood in the lift with the only other occupant. Naturally, he knew whom he was as they were both Ambassadors but seeing as Valentin was busy reading the paper, Sachin decided to be quiet and leave the other man to it. Today was just another day were he had issues to update Conley on- work issues, not any personal kind. Just thinking about Conley made him smile and he absently spun the silver ring on the finger of his left hand slowly around. His brown eyes were lowered and fixed on what he considered the most important ring he had ever owned to date. A bit of his dark hair was falling onto his face but he hardly seemed to notice.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 11-06-2019, 06:41 PM   #15 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

Text Cut: Sachin ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
It hadn’t been such a bad week for Sachin. In fact, even work had slowed down a bit which allowed him to deal with pressing issues more efficiently by giving them more of his time and attention. But overall, things were just going well for him at the moment. He really was grateful for it.

Sachin stood in the lift with the only other occupant. Naturally, he knew whom he was as they were both Ambassadors but seeing as Valentin was busy reading the paper, Sachin decided to be quiet and leave the other man to it. Today was just another day were he had issues to update Conley on- work issues, not any personal kind. Just thinking about Conley made him smile and he absently spun the silver ring on the finger of his left hand slowly around. His brown eyes were lowered and fixed on what he considered the most important ring he had ever owned to date. A bit of his dark hair was falling onto his face but he hardly seemed to notice.

Did Valentin realize he wasn’t alone in the lift? Yes. Did he care that he hadn’t acknowledged the other man? Not really. However, now that he was done reading his letter, he told himself that he probably should engage in social niceties. Only when he looked up from the rim of his paper coffee cup, the Indian Ambassador seemed focused on the ring on his finger. Valentin allowed himself a moment to look the man over. He’d always thought Singh an attractive man, but not his type. Nope, Singh was perhaps a bit too runway handsome. That, however, didn’t mean the man wouldn’t stop himself from trifling with the man. In fact, there seemed to be something...different about the man. What was it?

A few more seconds of watching Singh gave Valentin the answer. The man had lost his air of loneliness. Which quite possibly meant Singh was no longer single. It explained the smile and perhaps the ring the man was fiddling with. He was pretty sure that the ring was new as he didn't remember Singh wearing a ring the last time he had seen him at the last Ambassador exchange meeting in September. Not that Valentin spent a lot of time with the Indian Ambassador! Again so not his type! But Valentine had developed the habit of searching handsome men’s fingers for rings before he started flirting. And while a ring didn’t stop him from flirting, they did let him know how far he could take things.

Only he didn’t remember seeing Singh with anyone at the Gala a few nights ago. Curious...perhaps it wasn't as serious are Valentin was deducing. ”Looks lik zumoné eez een la 'onéymoon phas,” Vale said as he folded up his letter and stuck it into the inner pocket of his suit coat.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
Did Valentin realize he wasn’t alone in the lift? Yes. Did he care that he hadn’t acknowledged the other man? Not really. However, now that he was done reading his letter, he told himself that he probably should engage in social niceties. Only when he looked up from the rim of his paper coffee cup, the Indian Ambassador seemed focused on the ring on his finger. Valentin allowed himself a moment to look the man over. He’d always thought Singh an attractive man, but not his type. Nope, Singh was perhaps a bit too runway handsome. That, however, didn’t mean the man wouldn’t stop himself from trifling with the man. In fact, there seemed to be something...different about the man. What was it?

A few more seconds of watching Singh gave Valentin the answer. The man had lost his air of loneliness. Which quite possibly meant Singh was no longer single. It explained the smile and perhaps the ring the man was fiddling with. He was pretty sure that the ring was new as he didn't remember Singh wearing a ring the last time he had seen him at the last Ambassador exchange meeting in September. Not that Valentin spent a lot of time with the Indian Ambassador! Again so not his type! But Valentine had developed the habit of searching handsome men’s fingers for rings before he started flirting. And while a ring didn’t stop him from flirting, they did let him know how far he could take things.

Only he didn’t remember seeing Singh with anyone at the Gala a few nights ago. Curious...perhaps it wasn't as serious are Valentin was deducing. ”Looks lik zumoné eez een la 'onéymoon phas,” Vale said as he folded up his letter and stuck it into the inner pocket of his suit coat.

At first, Sachin was unaware that he was being looked over. Yes, he had been that wrapped up in his own thoughts. That was so until he just got that feeling that he was being watched. And since there was only one other person in the elevator, he turned his head to meet the eyes of Valentin. Oh… he was being more than just watched; he was being checked out. Sachin could always tell because he was used to it. Truth be told, he thought Valentin was quite attractive and might have gone out with him had Valentin been interested. This was if Sachin and Conley hadn’t happened, of course. But now, that was just what Valentin was to him: a handsome face.

Hmm.

Just how to reply to that statement?

“Aisa kuchh. Something like that,’’ Sachin said and not trying exactly that much to conceal the next slow smile to creep upon his face. He was being cautious about revealing too much as his and Conley’s relationship was still a secret and so far, he had been doing a great job of being evasive when asked about whom he had gotten engaged to. “Is my face giving it away that much?”

Old 11-11-2019, 07:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
Other Characters
Firecrab

Ministry RPG Name:
The Announcer

The lifts were always noisy. The occasional clank and rattle was often heard as people rode up and down, left and right. Above the heads of the two men (Krel Ansell / FearlessLeader19) The gold ropes swayed back and forth reminding the men they were there to steady them should the lift make a dramatic change in direction. Or in case they stopped violently.

As they did now.

The lift came to a scccreeeeeecccchhhing halt that ended with a bang.

It’s a pity the lifts no longer were manned by an attendant from Magical Maintenance, because, dear Ambassadors, you both appear to be stuck.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:46 PM   #18 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
Default Sachin and the Announcer

Valentin chuckled at Sachin’s question. Did his face give it away? That pretty smile of Sachin’s certainly did. He almost wished Sachin or another man smiled like that about him. ” Oui, as does yur...demeanair.” To emphasis his point, Valentin waved his empty hand dismissively in Sachin’s direction. ” You seem lez uptight, more relaxed…’appy.” he raised an eyebrow playfully at Sachin. ”But maibé wiv zat glow you just spént zum timé at la spa. En which case, you should tak mé zumtime. Ai do enjoy a good cucumbair face-”

The elevator screeched and then jolted to a stop, sending Valentin across the lift towards Sachin. His cup of cappuccino fell to the floor, coffee splashing onto Valentin’s pants and shoes. A hand reached up and snagged one of the dangling ropes, the other reached out towards Sachin in an attempt to stop the other man. Why he cared if Sachin smacked into the wall, Valentin wasn’t sure. In a non-work setting, he’d likely have let the man tumble and probably would have thought it funny. Perhaps Valentin’s actions were because he didn’t want to have to add ‘healer’ to his resume next to ‘hero.’ He was certainly going to have to add ‘dry cleaner’ to the list. His favorite loafers were bound to be ruined, not to mention his pants. Remind him again why he had thought the assignment in London a good idea?
Old 11-13-2019, 11:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12
Default Valentin + The Announcer ^_^

Uptight?

Uptight?

Sachin had never considered himself that way. Surely Valentin had him confused with someone else. Then again, Valentin only really knew him at work, work… where Sachin’s priority was always to get things done in a timely manner. And at social gatherings? Sachin was usually on his best behaviour but a little more loose. Oh well. Valentin just didn’t know him well enough. “Well, I am certainly happier but I’m not glowing because I’ve been to the spa.” That was about as much as Sachin was willing to tell Valentin. Before he could respond to the comment of him inviting the other Ambassador, there was an almighty screech and the lift came to a sudden stop.

The stop made many things happen at once: cappuccino falling and catching his shiny shoes, Sachin reaching for one of the ropes but missing it all together, Valentin reaching out to him. The latter turned out to be a good thing because if it weren’t for the other Ambassador, Sachin might have seriously been injured. As it was, Sachin found himself clutching at Valentin’s arm. “Thanks,’’ he said, meeting the man’s eyes even though he was wondering already why the lift had quit at that moment.

Old 11-14-2019, 03:07 PM   #20 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

Both of his arms hurt. The one holding the rope because it had stopped two full-grown men from collapsing into a pile of robes and limbs and spilled cappuccino. The other because it had stopped Sachin from flying across the lift. He found himself looking into big brown eyes as the other man said thanks for stopping him. ”Non problaim.” He said trying to sound like he hadn’t been disturbed by the sudden stop or the fact that a rather handsome man was now, basically in his arms. A little zing of exhilaration zipped through Valentin. Perhaps he should re-evaluate Singh not being his type…

He cleared his throat trying to hide his unease at the entire situation and removed his arm from Sachin (he may or may have not shoved him a bit as he put a little space between them). It had been too long since Michael if someone like Singh was exciting him. To cover, he looked down at his coffee stained pants. A string of French curse words slipped out of Valentin’s mouth. What was it about this place that wouldn’t let him enjoy a freaking cappuccino?! He was totally going to expense his dry cleaning and the cost of the cappuccino as well.

He was still hanging onto the rope. He’d been in these lifts when they stopped and change course suddenly before, but never like this. He wasn’t sure if he should be worried or not. When it appeared that the lift wasn’t going anywhere, he let go and rolled his shoulder trying to ease the pain in the joint. Satisfied that the joint wasn't damaged, he resched for the lever that ran the lift.”Ai think we are stuck,” he said stating the obvious after he moved the lever up and down a few times.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:52 PM   #21 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
Both of his arms hurt. The one holding the rope because it had stopped two full-grown men from collapsing into a pile of robes and limbs and spilled cappuccino. The other because it had stopped Sachin from flying across the lift. He found himself looking into big brown eyes as the other man said thanks for stopping him. ”Non problaim.” He said trying to sound like he hadn’t been disturbed by the sudden stop or the fact that a rather handsome man was now, basically in his arms. A little zing of exhilaration zipped through Valentin. Perhaps he should re-evaluate Singh not being his type…

He cleared his throat trying to hide his unease at the entire situation and removed his arm from Sachin (he may or may have not shoved him a bit as he put a little space between them). It had been too long since Michael if someone like Singh was exciting him. To cover, he looked down at his coffee stained pants. A string of French curse words slipped out of Valentin’s mouth. What was it about this place that wouldn’t let him enjoy a freaking cappuccino?! He was totally going to expense his dry cleaning and the cost of the cappuccino as well.

He was still hanging onto the rope. He’d been in these lifts when they stopped and change course suddenly before, but never like this. He wasn’t sure if he should be worried or not. When it appeared that the lift wasn’t going anywhere, he let go and rolled his shoulder trying to ease the pain in the joint. Satisfied that the joint wasn't damaged, he resched for the lever that ran the lift.”Ai think we are stuck,” he said stating the obvious after he moved the lever up and down a few times.

Valentin might have tried to hide the fact that he was ill at ease with Sachin being this close to him but Sachin already knew. Don’t ask how but that was how he was; he was able to mostly ready persons’ reactions to him just as much as he could tell when someone was attracted to him. Valentin was both and as he was shoved away, Sachin was even more sure of his suspicions.

But it didn’t matter to him. He was in no way concerned about anything other than getting out of here. “Just use magic to clean it,’’ Sachin offered somewhat impatiently, a hint of his Indian accent slipping in. His eyes were glued to the doors of the lift. He wanted out right now; he did not fancy being stuck in here with grumpy Valentin. His hopes were slightly dashed when the lever refused to cooperate. “Seems like it. Um. Alohomora might work.’’ But it was only a half hearted solution. Something told him that this entire situation was going to be more complicated. Nevertheless, Sachin pointed his wand at the door and muttered the incantation.

Old 11-19-2019, 07:06 PM   #22 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

Text Cut: Sachin ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

Valentin might have tried to hide the fact that he was ill at ease with Sachin being this close to him but Sachin already knew. Don’t ask how but that was how he was; he was able to mostly ready persons’ reactions to him just as much as he could tell when someone was attracted to him. Valentin was both and as he was shoved away, Sachin was even more sure of his suspicions.

But it didn’t matter to him. He was in no way concerned about anything other than getting out of here. “Just use magic to clean it,’’ Sachin offered somewhat impatiently, a hint of his Indian accent slipping in. His eyes were glued to the doors of the lift. He wanted out right now; he did not fancy being stuck in here with grumpy Valentin. His hopes were slightly dashed when the lever refused to cooperate. “Seems like it. Um. Alohomora might work.’’ But it was only a half hearted solution. Something told him that this entire situation was going to be more complicated. Nevertheless, Sachin pointed his wand at the door and muttered the incantation.

”Ai do not think zat eez goeng to wark éithair,” he said stepping away from the lever. As he moved, his hand shook the fabric of his pants leg in an attempt to get some of the cappuccino off. He glanced up at Singh who had snapped something about using magic to clean his pants. As much as Valentin valued his clothing looking expensive and sharp, he wasn’t particularly good at the cleaning charm (or any household charms) and he wasn’t about to use it in front of Singh, have it fail, and get ridiculed. Nope, he valued his magical prowess more than his clothes. Besides, he had a feeling that the elevator would start moving again at some point. They just had to be patient, and well, he could use the coffee stained pants as fodder for a) proof as to why he was late to his meeting with Phora, and b) to make his meeting with Phora short. Not that he disliked Phora. Quite the contrary in fact. But who in their right minds enjoyed meetings? Valentin much preferred dates. And he had been trying to get Phora to go on a date with him for years.

So, leaning back against the far wall of the lift, he crossed his arms over his chest and watched Singh try the unlocking charm. ”Unlez you know 'ow to send off a mezajé, ai do not think we are getténg oot of hairé anytimé soon.” Sure, he could send his patronus off, but he wanted to see what Singh would do. If there was one thing Valentin liked more than a good bottle of Bordeaux and a handsome man, it was getting under someone’s skin. He had an inkling that, thanks to this situation Valentin was only missing the bottle of wine. Besides, Valentin was in no rush to play the hero again. It would totally ruin his reputation.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:32 PM   #23 (permalink)
Other Characters
Firecrab

Ministry RPG Name:
The Announcer

As expected, the unlocking charm did not work and the lift stayed stuck between floors. A few lifts sped past them, moving too swiftly for the two men to attract their attention with Vermillious. Other charms, such as the Mending Charm, Aberto, or a message spell would also proof unfruitful.

However, that Patronus idea might prove powerful enough to escape the confines of the stopped lift, if only one of the two contained men were willing to give it a go.

Or, one could always try a counter-charm. But which one?
Old 12-08-2019, 11:49 PM   #24 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12
Default All the happenings ^_^

If only Sachin had known that Valentin had tried to go out with Conley and if he were the type to gloat, he’d do exactly the latter. He had been the one to successfully go on multiple dates with Conley which eventually led to them falling for each other. As it was, at present Valentin was annoying Sachin. Not that the Indian Ambassador was panicking about being stuck in the elevator but who on Earth would care more about their clothing than getting out of the situation. “Majaak nahin,’’ he muttered, and resisted the strong urge to roll his eyes at Valentin. The words meant ‘no kidding’.

Due to the combination of the Unlocking Charm being a failure and the fact that Sachin had turned to see Valentin leaning against one of the walls of the lift, Sachin felt the irritation in him double. “Why don’t you do something helpful for a change then?’’ he snapped. But it was a good idea and Sachin was ready to leave this irritating man behind. “Expecto Patronum,’’ he murmured, his eyes closed to focus on one of the happiest moments of his life: when that silver band had been placed on his finger.

A Himalayan Wolf burst forth. Sachin intended for it to find Conley with a message.

Old 12-09-2019, 05:19 PM   #25 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

Touchy touchy! Valentin’s twitched as he tried not to smile. Oh how he loved seeing people get flustered. In fact, he didn’t think he’d ever seen Singh express so many emotions. ” Ai am alwais 'elpful,” he said simply shrugging his shoulders. When the occasion called for it, Valentin really could be helpful. He just didn’t feel like this occasion really warranted his efforts. ” But eet 'as not been zat long and zo ai am not abut to go crazy when timé mai vairy well sulve our problaims.” Besides, he was enjoying seeing Singh so un-Singh like. Granted, Valentin didn’t know Singh outside of a work setting. Which was something he really needed to change, because he was certainly proving to Valentin that he was more amusing and interesting than Valentin had first thought.

The lift was suddenly filled with a blinding dazzling light. His hand shot up to cover his eyes. ”Bte comme ses pieds,” he called out in French. ” Ai 'ad meent a mémo, not zis monstrositay!” Because what if the Patronus couldn’t leave the lift?