sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1089 users online including...
Miltonplame , Stevendalo

5 members
1084 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 53: September - December 2019

Term 53: September - December 2019 Term Fifty-Three: When In France (Sept 2099 - June 2100)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2019, 03:22 AM

Default Portrait Gallery

The portrait gallery boats hundreds of beautiful portraits of witches and wizards, some famous some not so famous, some considered good and some.... well, a little darker in nature. Each portrait, whether it is currently occupied or not, features a small plaque describing the exploits of its occupant. At first glance the plaques are (perhaps unsurprisingly) written in French, but the writing will swirl and change to Spanish, Portuguese, English, German, Arabic, Latin, Dutch, and numerous other languages depending on the needs of the reader.

Some of the portraits have curtains hanging in front of them - simply pull the cord to pull the draping back, but be prepared that the occupant may not be pleased by your curiosity. Be sure to close their curtains again once you are done. Most of them, however, are more than willing to talk. Some are even willing to help you with your homework if you ask nicely. Every portrait hanging in the gallery has books about its occupant available in the library if you wish to know more.

As you head further inside, you will come across a small section of the gallery that is currently being restored - if you wish to help then you may do so - polishing and remaking frames, touching up paint jobs (if you have the skill, if you do not... perhaps you had best stick to dusting), and general clean up are all encouraged. Many Beauxbatons students volunteer to assist with these restoration and cleaning efforts for extra credit.

SPOILER!!: some of the portrait occupants

Abraham Abulafia
Nicolas Barnaud
Alexis-Vincent-Charles Berbiguier de Terre-Neuve du Thym
Jacques Collin de Plancy
Gilles de Rais
Nicolas Flamel
Fulcanelli
Morgan le Fay
Marie-Catherine Le Jumel de Barneville
Marie Anne Lenormand
Eliphas Lévi
Maugris
Catherine Monvoisin
Nostradamus
Albert Poisson

Old 09-20-2019, 10:56 AM   #2 (permalink)

DERP & DMAC
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
x3 x2
Default For Kita
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

Portraits were pretty boring.

Usually.

That is, unless they were really funny looking. Which, FORTUNATELY for Siobhán (and perhaps unfortunately for some of the portraits' inhabitants), these here in Beauxbatons were. Shivvy had somehow stumbled across this portrait gallery and...had initially almost turned right back around. Not exactly what she was looking for. Plus, the people in the portraits probably only spoke French and she...well, she spoke next to no French. Bonne chance. Someone had told her that was a different way of saying 'bonjour'. Which is why she'd loudly said it to the nearest portrait who had given her an odd look and just left the portrait. Rude. That was when she'd almost left again if it weren't for...

...there was a portrait that was COVERED at the back of the gallery.

Naturally, she HAD to know what was hidden behind the heavy curtains which was why she was now heading for that. Would it be another boring portrait? But then it wouldn't be HIDDEN, right?

________________________________{Drabbles}_{Meet Lissy}_{DERP}
Old 09-24-2019, 12:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMC & DMAC
Pogrebin

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alexander River Hirsch
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
--

Ministry RPG Name:
Zhuó Xiá Li

Ministry RPG Name:
Grayson Douglas Whitlock
Accidents & Catastrophes

x11 x11
urine trouble | Pat's Strong Confident Other Half | Pees Like a Champion Unicorn Racehorse

Avoiding his homework could lead to a lot of things but he never thought that stumbling into the Portrait Gallery would be one of them.

Lucas looked around, confused and a little...... anxious. Yeah. This was one of the places in this castle that only seemed to remind him how different things were to Hogwarts. It seemed fancier and, oddly enough, a little too quiet. As if something was going to happen and he was just here, waiting for it to-

THERE it was.

He froze where he stood near the entrance, eyebrows raised. That curly head of hair? Familiar. The words she'd just said LOUDLY? Not so much. And the person in the portrait had just left? Uh????? Talk about awkward? But he didn't have to be here, right? He could just turn around and LEAVE and pretend he hadn't seen anything, not even if she asked him about it.

He could leave. He was going to LEAVE.

But he couldn't. Because Siobhán was heading towards a very important-looking portrait and he..... he had to do something. He didn't know WHAT but that didn't matter now. With that thought in mind, Lucas headed straight towards her. "What are you doing?!"

If she was going to destroy a portrait, he really was going to leave.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Default Turns out I'm the last post in my office lol so we wrap here?
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post

A butterfly garden that moved all around outside! Bernie gasped at the thought of it. Maybe it would follow her? And she could catch butterflies in a net?! Yes, she WOULD love that. "That sounds AWESOME," the first year admired with starry eyes. "I can't wait to get back to Hogwarts!" It just sounded so fun, still! Not like Beauxbatons with all its stuffy rules...

She nodded and continued hopping up and down stairs as the professor talked. "Maybe." Hmm, maybe it WOULD be cool to animate one of her drawings and give it to her little sister for Christmas. But wow, they had BOGGARTS at Hogwarts? Bernie had read about those, but didn't understand them all the way. She knew better than to admit that in front of the DADA professor though. "Sounds kinda scary," she agreed. Didn't boggarts prey on your worst fears? Bernie didn't even KNOW her worst fear... heights, maybe? Not like this staircase, like REAL heights.

She was just about to the top of the spiraling staircase with her map. "Well, Mr. Professormaster Sir, we're almost to your office." Wasn't he lucky he'd found her?
This time, he was a bit more prepared for the look of awe and wonder in the girl's eyes. Hogwarts, even less fancy than Beauxbatons still had its charms. He couldn't believe it took leaving the castle for him to remember that. Seeing it through the eyes of a First Year now he was dying to get back. "That certainly makes the two of us." He agreed easily.

Malachi got off at the landing once they hit the second floor, realizing now that everything was starting to look familiar again. "Terrifying. Held us hostage before we finally evacuated. Such large numbers, they're harder to contain. There will need to be a special mission run by the Department of Magical Creatures. Had to send in Aurors with an earlier group. Huge operation, I'm sure you'll see all about when the Daily Prophet gets a good report." Or was she one of the many students who never saw the point in reading the news?

Wait a minute. He knew where this was. The hall lined with stuffy portraits was quite telling and he couldn't help the surge of relief that washed over him.

"Would you look at that, your map turned out pretty accurate after all. Reckon I wouldn't mind a copy if you'd be willing." The Headmaster could already see the corridor adjoining this one that led to his office. This had been a good plan. He deserved a pat on the back and some cookies. She deserved....maybe a pat, too, if she wanted one.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 10-15-2019, 02:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default dangit, didn't even get to the HM's office my first year xD
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
This time, he was a bit more prepared for the look of awe and wonder in the girl's eyes. Hogwarts, even less fancy than Beauxbatons still had its charms. He couldn't believe it took leaving the castle for him to remember that. Seeing it through the eyes of a First Year now he was dying to get back. "That certainly makes the two of us." He agreed easily.

Malachi got off at the landing once they hit the second floor, realizing now that everything was starting to look familiar again. "Terrifying. Held us hostage before we finally evacuated. Such large numbers, they're harder to contain. There will need to be a special mission run by the Department of Magical Creatures. Had to send in Aurors with an earlier group. Huge operation, I'm sure you'll see all about when the Daily Prophet gets a good report." Or was she one of the many students who never saw the point in reading the news?

Wait a minute. He knew where this was. The hall lined with stuffy portraits was quite telling and he couldn't help the surge of relief that washed over him.

"Would you look at that, your map turned out pretty accurate after all. Reckon I wouldn't mind a copy if you'd be willing." The Headmaster could already see the corridor adjoining this one that led to his office. This had been a good plan. He deserved a pat on the back and some cookies. She deserved....maybe a pat, too, if she wanted one.
Aww, even the Headprofessorman missed their old school, which would still be LIKE NEW to her next year. Bernie's sparkly eyes softened slightly as she looked at the man, wondering SO MUCH about him. She had SO MANY MORE QUESTIONS for him but here they were, heading back to his office, going down the moving picture hall. She'd been a good Gryffinpuff and had found him what he'd wanted, so she supposed she should.... let him have another look at her map?

Bernie held it gently to her side as it wafted in a draft. "Heavens," she murmured softly, not even KNOWING half of what he was saying about last term and Hogwarts. Hostage? Boggarts could hold people hostage?! With, like, a ... a wand? Or a... spooky hand or something? Her sparkly eyes were now doing this a bit: as she attempted to picture boggarts (What did they look like? Did they smell? Didn't they suck your soul out? Did they wear robes with hoods or were they more like scary ghosts?!) and then Aurors and spell missions with the Department of Magical Creatures? Huh?

"Oh yeah, I read the Daily Prophet," Bernie nodded seriously. THIS was something she could talk about at length. "They still deliver it to France, didya know? One time the owl dropped my copy into my friend's bowl of cereal, which was mostly milk, which I TOLD HIM was the best part, but he didn't drink it all, and he was getting up to leave, and instead of getting HIM wet, the cereal milk SPLASHED ALL OVER a Beauxbatons student, and her face was like..." Bernie started to make a scary face but then remembered who she was talking to and trailed off with, "Ummmmmm it was really funny."

Back to the map. "Here you goooooooo, sir," she intoned, holding out her map to him. "You and ONLY YOU can have a copy. I haven't put a watermark or a copyright on it yet, y'know, so the other kids will pay me a sickle every time they look at it. But I'll do that when I'm finished with it." There was a spell for that, right? Wasn't that how copyright worked?

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind

« Kitchen | Owlery »