sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1197 users online including...
ramsspeelay , Anthonydyday

3 members
1194 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Charles Hollingberry Era > 2098 Quidditch World Cup

2098 Quidditch World Cup Held from June - August, the pinnacle of the wizarding world’s most popular sport is underway! Legends will be born and hearts will be broken, but will it be England or India that claims the Cup?!

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 02-27-2019, 01:57 PM

Default Food & Merchandise Stands

Souvenirs! Get'cha fancy, World Cup souvenirs!

Country t-shirts? Colourful wigs to be appropriately patriotic? How about a flag for you, good sir? You haven't really experienced the World Cup until you've stopped by any of the numerous overpriced merchandise stands to get yourself a little something in support of your favourite teams. Doesn't matter which you frequent--despite the wild shouts that might swear otherwise--you'll likely be able to snag something from the country you're rooting for at almost any one of them. Can't find what you're looking for? Keep searching! At least one of the haphazardly strewn stands will have just what you're looking for at nearly exaggerated prices. The World Cup comes only every four years, why not live a little and set your galleons free.

Done shopping til your Gringotts account starts making more noise than a rabid fan? Hopefully not too done because placed ever so strategically between the merchandise stands, you'll find various food stalls selling both local and foreign cuisine.

Grab yourself a box of fish 'n chips, it's certainly all the rage with England making its way to the final. Try some Nan with spicy curry if that's more up your alley. Doesn't matter if you can't pronounce or have only heard the name of half the things being offered, break out your adventurous side. The stalls carry a wide variety of drinks as well. Everything from water to butterbeer to fizzy drinks but you won't find anything too strong out here.

Take a stroll, grab a few things and enjoy the World Cup!
Old 04-25-2019, 05:01 AM   #51 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DoM & DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
ruari fuller-thompson #FFA3D2
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desdemona M. Evans #6082B6
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Q. Alvey

Ministry RPG Name:
Aslan Rose Evans
Mysteries
x8
Default And jack roller
you wanna fite? | 💚 nickleback 💚 | Uh, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady of Light View Post
.. SIGH. There were so many things that she wanted to buy and yet, she didn’t know what she want. Sounds confusing, doesn’t it? She proceeded towards one of the nearest stalls, as she considered buying a couple of T-shirt’s when something brushed against her foot— jumping back in surprise, she looked down to see that it was only a pen. A very cool looking pen, that too.

Looking up, she raised an eyebrow at the boy standing in front of her who.. looked rather nervous? And tall. Oh so very tall! Picking up the pen, she dropped it into one of the many bags that he was carrying while giving him a polite smile.

“I guess you’ve done a lot of shopping.”

Maxie was about as unaware of the thieving scoundral as he was of the world spinning beneath his feet. He was very much still busy staring, and worrying, and peering at the curly-haired girl as if she had sprung right out of the ground before him. She was no weed, however. She was pretty, and was very much holding his pen. Those two were not exclusive to one another, and for a moment Maxie mentally scrambled for a word to say that wasn't curls or pen.

She spoke first, and Maxie nodded and nodded like a little bobble head. "Y-yes." He said, unaware one of the omnioculars he'd so carefully picked out for his family had been so easily snatched away. "Y-yeah." The Hufflepuff added for a little extra punctuation. Point made, the thirteen-year-old fully expected the curly-haired girl to turn on her heel and walk right away. It wasn't like he had anything more to offer her conversation wise and there was very much to see, and eat, and do. Maxie cleared his throat, rearranging his bags with a careful purpose.

the moon:

feminine, intuitive, inner strength, innocence
nicole black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 10:38 PM   #52 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gritandgrace View Post
"Oh I've heard it's lovely there! I've always wanted to travel stateside." Mia beamed. She heard there's always a big party there once a year. 'What's it called again? Marni Grad? Marli Grad? She'll think of it, but she's always so bad with that sort of thing.'

Mia grinned thinking of her first World Cup, she could practically feel that same excitement in the air again. It was electric!

'Muggle American Baseball? What was that? Muggles don't use their brooms to fly do they? She'd only ever seen them sweep floors with it. Unless it's different in America. That's how her parents did it.' Mia was very confused. "Is it anything like football or cricket? I've seen those muggle games before. My parents are muggle, but my dad was only ever really big on football."
"Oh you definitely should, but if you're going to the south, then I don't recommend traveling in the summer. It can get very HOT and HUMID and you just feel gross all the time." Louise laughed. Apparently talking with someone on the queue made the time go faster; who knew? "In the spring, muggles throw this HUGE party that's always a blast."

"I mean, kinda? But what is football over here, Americans call soccer. They have a different game for football. Baseball though is ... there's something magical that happens at a baseball game..." Louise trailed off thinking about the hot dogs and supersized sodas. "It's just ... something to see. The team in Atlanta is my favorite."

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 02:00 AM   #53 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM & DIMC
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hey! I'm Torin Murphy.
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Xin chào, tôi tên là Mai Ainsley. (ON HOLD)
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hello, name is Lucien Wright. (ON HOLD)
Mysteries

SPOILER!!: hello again
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
"Oh you definitely should, but if you're going to the south, then I don't recommend traveling in the summer. It can get very HOT and HUMID and you just feel gross all the time." Louise laughed. Apparently talking with someone on the queue made the time go faster; who knew? "In the spring, muggles throw this HUGE party that's always a blast."

"I mean, kinda? But what is football over here, Americans call soccer. They have a different game for football. Baseball though is ... there's something magical that happens at a baseball game..." Louise trailed off thinking about the hot dogs and supersized sodas. "It's just ... something to see. The team in Atlanta is my favorite."

Mia cringed at the humidity. She did not want to know what that would do to her hair, but man would she love to check out this party. "That sounds like a lot of fun! Minus the humidity..."

A different game for football? Why would they change it? That just sounds to complicated..."Baseball is pretty great, although that is more my dad's game than mine. I can't say I have a favorite team." Mia smiled at Louise.

Before Mia knew it it was her turn in line and she grabbed her curry. She truly was hungry and couldn't wait to get over to the game. Mia turned to Louise, "Who are you rooting for today? I'm partial to England so this friendship may be over before it's had the chance to start if you say India." She laughed. Of course she was only teasing. Mostly.

It's a fairytale evening, and you want the entire event to be totally dazzling and
a real experience with the friendliest people around you.
gritandgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 06:50 AM   #54 (permalink)

MO & DMAC

Crumple-Horned Snorkack

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Giselle Barrington
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sable Ileana Armstrong
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skye Tamerlane
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Jemma McCrae
Minister's Office
x5 x3
Default haha okay then
Shoe!Girl │ Rebel Ravie │ Confundus Queen │ RP Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Roller View Post
Someone pushed past Jack who was busy looking around one of the stands. He had been waiting for the shopkeeper to become preoccupied so he could palm that solid gold snitch that was sitting a hand span away. ”You don’t look very impressed,” he stated in American accent. He picked up a hat covered in rhinestones. ”Not your style?” he asked offering it to her.

He then picked up another one, this time with a flashing charm made a face and tossed it over that Golden Snitch. Rummaging through a few more things, he went back and picked up that flashy hat (and snitch). He tossed a few coins to the merchant and wandered off. Nobody would notice the missing snitch in all hustle and bustle.
Had she cared who she’d pushed her way past? Not one bit. People didn’t stand in her way, although as she’d continued eyeing the beanie held between her fingers, Adriana had questioned what point the stall had in, well, existing. She could have designed team gear that was much classier than whatever this was. In fact, she had, considering she’d chosen to wear a subtly Spain-supportive outfit even though the team had eliminated themselves long before now. She wasn’t holding that against them, not considering her connection to the country was oh-so-tenuous.

“Whatever gave you that idea?,” she drawled as she heard the voice coming from near her. The scruffy guy’s next question only received an arched eyebrow in response. “Firstly, I wouldn’t let that get anywhere near me, even if someone paid me. Second…just no.” He wasn’t her type.

Oh, and she’d seen that little sleight of hand moment. Not that she planned on saying anything.

...It must be exhausting, always rooting for the anti-hero
SilverTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 11:39 AM   #55 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Conley! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
”It’s good,” he admitted about the food. He wasn’t certain just yet if it was too spicy or if he just wasn’t used to it. Either way he was glad he had the pumpkin juice.

He was about a third of the way through his pumpkin juice as Sachin asked about the rosette. ”Nope,” he said licking his lips a little. ”You look great.” He smiled at the man as he recapped his pumpkin juice and tucked it under his arm. He wanted to reach out and touch him, but restrained himself. Instead he passed the spicy naan back to Sachin.

He turned to look the rows of merchant tents. ”Should we get something to take to our seats? Who knows how long the game will last.” He took another bite of the naan he was still holding. ”Or do you want to go to the meet and greet tent? See that guy you and Winnie were talking about?”

Sachin was pleased. He liked that Conley was open to trying new foods. Then again, with the jobs they held respectively, it came with the territory. Travelling to various countries at times definitely warranted for them to eat new foods. He himself was quite used to spicy foods, having grown up eating them. And he was careful not to let his rosette get dirty. Sachin smiled his thanks at Conley. If the man said he looked great, then he did.

“Yes, that’s a good idea.” Part of him hoped the match would last a really long time while the other part just wanted it to be a short but really competitive match. Sachin glanced towards the Meet and Greet tent. There was still a crowd there. “Let’s find our seats.’’ The Ambassador was now very occupied with eating the naan.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 01:00 PM   #56 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Sachin :-*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Sachin was pleased. He liked that Conley was open to trying new foods. Then again, with the jobs they held respectively, it came with the territory. Travelling to various countries at times definitely warranted for them to eat new foods. He himself was quite used to spicy foods, having grown up eating them. And he was careful not to let his rosette get dirty. Sachin smiled his thanks at Conley. If the man said he looked great, then he did.

“Yes, that’s a good idea.” Part of him hoped the match would last a really long time while the other part just wanted it to be a short but really competitive match. Sachin glanced towards the Meet and Greet tent. There was still a crowd there. “Let’s find our seats.’’ The Ambassador was now very occupied with eating the naan.

Conley watched Sachin devouring the spicy cheese bread stuff and smiled. The man did love his food. ”Let’s grab something to eat later in the stands,” he said walking past one more stall. ”Then we can get our seats. Don’t want to miss any part of England’s win. I want to lord it over you while we’re eating Escargots a la Bourguignonne.”

Part of him hoped that India would win. He’d be interested to see what and where Sachin would want to go for his dinner. He stopped at a stand, bought a couple of veggie pasties (to be on the safe side since Sachin didn’t eat beef). ”Alright,” he said finishing off the slice of nann in his hand. ”Let’s head up, I think we have a long climb ahead of us.”
Old 04-28-2019, 02:16 AM   #57 (permalink)
SlytherinGryffindor
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Natasha Shenoy
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Andrea Bowen
Gryffindor
Third Year
SUMMER FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole black View Post
Maxie was about as unaware of the thieving scoundral as he was of the world spinning beneath his feet. He was very much still busy staring, and worrying, and peering at the curly-haired girl as if she had sprung right out of the ground before him. She was no weed, however. She was pretty, and was very much holding his pen. Those two were not exclusive to one another, and for a moment Maxie mentally scrambled for a word to say that wasn't curls or pen.

She spoke first, and Maxie nodded and nodded like a little bobble head. "Y-yes." He said, unaware one of the omnioculars he'd so carefully picked out for his family had been so easily snatched away. "Y-yeah." The Hufflepuff added for a little extra punctuation. Point made, the thirteen-year-old fully expected the curly-haired girl to turn on her heel and walk right away. It wasn't like he had anything more to offer her conversation wise and there was very much to see, and eat, and do. Maxie cleared his throat, rearranging his bags with a careful purpose.
Lenora was too busy observing the boy in front of her to actually notice the theft. How was he so TALL? Or maybe she was just very short.. and she hadn’t grown much over the summer. Also, wait. Why was he staring at her?! Did she have something stuck in her teeth? Something in her hair? Or maybe he thought she looked funny.

This was bothering her, for some odd reason.

“Are you okay? You’ve been just.. staring at me. Do I look weird to you?” Now, it was her turn to stare at HIM, a mixture of utter confusion and curiosity on her face.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:49 PM   #58 (permalink)

DERP & DMLE

Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Everleigh Evans
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luca Benetti
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina

x12 x7
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
Catherine knew very well this was Cecelia's thing, hence her being here herself and not back at their tent. For her to try and have fun, though, was another story. How could she, when people she had never seen before kept bumping into her?

The young girl walked closer to her best friend, because she didn't mind bumping into Cecelia. In fact, she'd rather bump into the blonde than into any of those people she didn't know. Who knew, they could be diseased. Did they even wash their hands after they went to the toilet? Catherine bet some of them didn't.

The thought alone made her gag. Gross!!

As Cecelia mentioned the possibility of getting a jersey, Catherine looked up at some of the merchandise. Those things looked a lot more expensive than anything they could get in Diagon Alley. The brunette eyed the people minding the stand, thinking how clever that was because everyone there probably really wanted to buy those things right there and then, which meant they wouldn't care if they had to pay more. Very clever. But also Cecelia was about to be a victim.

"You can get those for a lot cheaper in Diagon Alley." Catherine informed her best friend matter-of-factly. Not that either her family or Cecelia's really struggled with money - much on the contrary. Maybe it didn't matter so much then. "Unless you really want to wear it now." She added with a shrug. And would auntie Ella let Cecelia get said jersey? "I don't think she'd mind."

Now, did Catherine want one too? Mmmmm....... she did consider it for a brief moment, but no, thanks. The person at the stand looked like they didn't wash their hands after going to the toilet.
"Yeah but it wouldn't be the same, Catherine!" Getting a jersey in Diagon Alley was something she could do any old day, but getting one HERE was SPECIAL. She'd be able to wear it and remember the sights and the sounds and the smells-not all great smells, by the way. It would mean MORE getting one HERE. "I bet I could convince her. My puppy-dog eyes are the best in the whole UNIVERSE, I bet. I've been studying up a lot." And having a house full of dogs helped, it did.

"We can go ask her in a bit. I want to enjoy freedom just a BIT longer. It's so cool that we can walk around on our OWN, isn't it? I feel so grownup!" Looked it too, she bet. She was SUPER tall now and getting taller all the time.