sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1077 users online including...
Svetlsfc , Hannahyfx

2 members
1075 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Charles Hollingberry Era

Charles Hollingberry Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Minister for Magic, Charles Hollingberry [IC March 2097 - present; OOC November 2018 - present]

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2018, 05:12 AM

Default Arrivals and Departures (Floo Network and Phone Booth)

Stretching towards the golden gates is a wide corridor lined with multiple gilded black marble fireplaces. Here is the main floo network and phone booth used by Ministry workers and visitors alike for arrivals and departures. The luster of marble has over time acquired an illusionary, shifting emerald green from their numerous uses; the marble stretching out to touch the dark wood floors that run down the corridor's center.

To the left are the floos for the arrivals of employees, and those located to the right are for departures. Visitors arrive through the red phone booth centered at the opposite end of the hallway. While many of the employees are busy rushing in and out of the floos, you may catch a few standing around awaiting the arrival of another before heading on there way. You may do the same, and even hold a conversation before heading for the gates or exit. Though it won't be much of one with the close quarters and carrying voices.
Old 11-17-2018, 04:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Slytherin

DMC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ally Rory
Slytherin
First Year
Stay Free

A nineteen year old Caleb had stepped out of the phone booth. It took him all the way down to the lower levels? Well, this won't do...he needed to go talk to someone about a job pessision. He frowned running a hand through his dark brown hair.
Old 10-30-2019, 06:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Adam stepped out of one of the fireplaces. Big horned rimmed glasses with coke bottle glasses had replaced his oversized purple sunglasses. A small bright and badly wrapped package was tucked under one arm. His support cane was still tucked safely into the inner pocket of his coat like a safety blanket, but he’d been slowly getting used to wearing his new eye ware which made things a little easier for him to get around.

Coughing slightly, he stepped out into the Atrium and looked around. Gone were all the decorations from the gala. It looked quite dull. Which was fine, because there had been enough drama for a lifetime at the event. He just wanted to make his way down to Level 9 and disappear into the locked room. Today on his list of things to do? Chiffonade ginger, lovage, and peppermint, the later of which they were running low on. It would probably mean a trip to the greenhouses at some point too.
Old 11-06-2019, 01:15 AM   #4 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Adam stepped out of one of the fireplaces. Big horned rimmed glasses with coke bottle glasses had replaced his oversized purple sunglasses. A small bright and badly wrapped package was tucked under one arm. His support cane was still tucked safely into the inner pocket of his coat like a safety blanket, but he’d been slowly getting used to wearing his new eye ware which made things a little easier for him to get around.

Coughing slightly, he stepped out into the Atrium and looked around. Gone were all the decorations from the gala. It looked quite dull. Which was fine, because there had been enough drama for a lifetime at the event. He just wanted to make his way down to Level 9 and disappear into the locked room. Today on his list of things to do? Chiffonade ginger, lovage, and peppermint, the later of which they were running low on. It would probably mean a trip to the greenhouses at some point too.
Airey had always been a bit of the nervous sort, but recently he was feeling downright paranoid...like someone was watching him from the shadows. Part of him was grateful that Andromeda was off in France for school this term, though there was also a great unease in his daughter being so far away. Not to mention the entire situation at Hogwarts which, if the memo he had received from the Minister the other day was indicative of, had a new trajectory to go on. A promising one. So that was something at least.

Wringing his hands as he went about his inspection, the unrest from the missing rock pillows hitting a bit too close to home to a certain missing blue tie from his Hogwarts days, the Mysteries department head decided to double back and check the nooks and crannies of the fireplaces on the off chance that one had rolled itself here. He had already held a candlelight vigil for his tie, he really did not wish to hold more for his rock pillows.

"Ah, Adam. Just arriving are we?" the astronomer questioned with a wary smile.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
Old 11-06-2019, 03:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Airey had always been a bit of the nervous sort, but recently he was feeling downright paranoid...like someone was watching him from the shadows. Part of him was grateful that Andromeda was off in France for school this term, though there was also a great unease in his daughter being so far away. Not to mention the entire situation at Hogwarts which, if the memo he had received from the Minister the other day was indicative of, had a new trajectory to go on. A promising one. So that was something at least.

Wringing his hands as he went about his inspection, the unrest from the missing rock pillows hitting a bit too close to home to a certain missing blue tie from his Hogwarts days, the Mysteries department head decided to double back and check the nooks and crannies of the fireplaces on the off chance that one had rolled itself here. He had already held a candlelight vigil for his tie, he really did not wish to hold more for his rock pillows.

"Ah, Adam. Just arriving are we?" the astronomer questioned with a wary smile.
Was Airey acting weird? Perhaps. But Adam had worked with the man long enough to personally think that Airey always acted a bit oddly. Then again, Adam wasn’t exactly the poster boy for normal himself. Maybe if Adam’s eyesight was like it had been pre-star supernova, he’d have noticed the twitchiness in his boss, but Adam’s eyesight was still near blind despite his new eyewear.

Besides, Adam was preoccupied inside his own head, still going through a mental inventory of potions ingredients (he had been on knotgrass) and had almost missed Airey’s comment completely. It took him a moment for his mind and eyes to focus on the man in front of him. Did it occur to Adam that Airey’s comment might be one to worry about? No. Adam was usually punctual and rarely missed work (well, work-related injuries being the exception). If he was late, he’d make it up and stay late. ”Ah Airey.Ja, rough morning. Still adchusting to zeze.” He pushed the glasses up at the bridge with a finger. He’d walked smack into the corner of his small kitchen table while making breakfast and was bound to end up with a nice bruise on his thigh. He had a feeling one of his plants had moved the table on him. He wasn’t sure if it was the snarfalump or his fanged geranium, but his money was on the geranium. Even for a touchy plant, his was particularly grumpy. ”Did vou have ein good holiday?” he asked completely forgetting about the poorly wrapped package under his arm. ”I did not zee vou at zee Gala.” In fact, he hadn’t been able to enjoy much at the Gala thanks to Zita and that windbag James.

Which reminded him, he owed Mairana an apology. Maybe he could find her when he went up to the greenhouses to look for peppermint. And since he was going he might as well make sure the department didn’t need anything else. ” I have to go to zee greenhouzes today. Anything vou know zat is needed vile I am zere?”
Old 11-10-2019, 01:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12

Quote:
Was Airey acting weird? Perhaps. But Adam had worked with the man long enough to personally think that Airey always acted a bit oddly. Then again, Adam wasn’t exactly the poster boy for normal himself. Maybe if Adam’s eyesight was like it had been pre-star supernova, he’d have noticed the twitchiness in his boss, but Adam’s eyesight was still near blind despite his new eyewear.

Besides, Adam was preoccupied inside his own head, still going through a mental inventory of potions ingredients (he had been on knotgrass) and had almost missed Airey’s comment completely. It took him a moment for his mind and eyes to focus on the man in front of him. Did it occur to Adam that Airey’s comment might be one to worry about? No. Adam was usually punctual and rarely missed work (well, work-related injuries being the exception). If he was late, he’d make it up and stay late. ”Ah Airey.Ja, rough morning. Still adchusting to zeze.” He pushed the glasses up at the bridge with a finger. He’d walked smack into the corner of his small kitchen table while making breakfast and was bound to end up with a nice bruise on his thigh. He had a feeling one of his plants had moved the table on him. He wasn’t sure if it was the snarfalump or his fanged geranium, but his money was on the geranium. Even for a touchy plant, his was particularly grumpy. ”Did vou have ein good holiday?” he asked completely forgetting about the poorly wrapped package under his arm. ”I did not zee vou at zee Gala.” In fact, he hadn’t been able to enjoy much at the Gala thanks to Zita and that windbag James.

Which reminded him, he owed Mairana an apology. Maybe he could find her when he went up to the greenhouses to look for peppermint. And since he was going he might as well make sure the department didn’t need anything else. ” I have to go to zee greenhouzes today. Anything vou know zat is needed vile I am zere?”
It was true, Airey Flamsteed was always acting peculiar for one reason or another and it was often times difficult to notice if something were truly astray. This had happened during the term of the spiked ice cream while he was still a professor at Hogwarts. Had taken everyone all term to realize that the Astronomy professor had been suffering from its influence. Serenading the Potions Mistress, who terrified him, had done the trick.

"I see," he nodded, leaning forward a bit to peer at the glasses in question. And no, he had not meant for that to be a pun or anything. Though those sorts of dad jokes did slip out on more and more occasions these days. "Perhaps we should put you on a lighter load until you do. Would hate for your eye wear to cause further injury." Or destroy part of the chamber which, well, would not be good. Even the lightest of outcomes would be love potion spewed all across level 9 and Unspeakables performing all sorts of acts of PDA.

On second thought, that was one of the more worst case scenarios. He'd rather the entire chamber blow up.

"I did," he nodded a bit. "What there was of it at least. Minister had me working on a few matters." And, of course, it was unwise to leave level 9 unsupervised for too long. "I was mostly lurking around the auction tables with Medea and Alexa." To avoid all the small talk. "Won myself the rare stamp collection. Still need to find a suitable place in my office to display it." He rubbed his chin at the mention of the greenhouses and couldn't think of anything he necessarily needed at the moment. "Don't believe that I do...going for a bit of a supply run?"

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
Old 11-12-2019, 03:14 AM   #7 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

Text Cut: Airey
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

It was true, Airey Flamsteed was always acting peculiar for one reason or another and it was often times difficult to notice if something were truly astray. This had happened during the term of the spiked ice cream while he was still a professor at Hogwarts. Had taken everyone all term to realize that the Astronomy professor had been suffering from its influence. Serenading the Potions Mistress, who terrified him, had done the trick.

"I see," he nodded, leaning forward a bit to peer at the glasses in question. And no, he had not meant for that to be a pun or anything. Though those sorts of dad jokes did slip out on more and more occasions these days. "Perhaps we should put you on a lighter load until you do. Would hate for your eye wear to cause further injury." Or destroy part of the chamber which, well, would not be good. Even the lightest of outcomes would be love potion spewed all across level 9 and Unspeakables performing all sorts of acts of PDA.

On second thought, that was one of the more worst case scenarios. He'd rather the entire chamber blow up.

"I did," he nodded a bit. "What there was of it at least. Minister had me working on a few matters." And, of course, it was unwise to leave level 9 unsupervised for too long. "I was mostly lurking around the auction tables with Medea and Alexa." To avoid all the small talk. "Won myself the rare stamp collection. Still need to find a suitable place in my office to display it." He rubbed his chin at the mention of the greenhouses and couldn't think of anything he necessarily needed at the moment. "Don't believe that I do...going for a bit of a supply run?"

He waved a hand dismissively at Airey’s concern. ”I plan on spenting zee next few days in zee zubly cabinets. Zey need zome organizing.” He didn’t have any potions brewing and planned on staying as far away from the Amortentia as possible. He was still mad at Zita and well, he didn’t want to be anywhere near the potion which would only make him think of her. Besides, the other day when he was looking for Boomslang skin, they were oddly low. Same with lacewing flies. And if he wasn’t in the supply cabinets, he’d be off running around trying to find new stores for it.

”A stamp colleczion?” Adam said attempting to feign excitement. ”Zounds like zomething zat vould look nice above your tie colleczion.” And Adam would know, he’d – ahhh….spent a bit of time in Airey’s office a few years ago. He and one of Airy’s pet rocks were quiet familiar with each other. He coughed and then remembered the poorly wrapped package under his arm. ”But, vou might zink differently after vu open zis.” Because it was something else for his boss’s office. He passed over the package.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:50 AM   #8 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default i love this stick thing so much though xD

Quote:
He waved a hand dismissively at Airey’s concern. ”I plan on spenting zee next few days in zee zubly cabinets. Zey need zome organizing.” He didn’t have any potions brewing and planned on staying as far away from the Amortentia as possible. He was still mad at Zita and well, he didn’t want to be anywhere near the potion which would only make him think of her. Besides, the other day when he was looking for Boomslang skin, they were oddly low. Same with lacewing flies. And if he wasn’t in the supply cabinets, he’d be off running around trying to find new stores for it.

”A stamp colleczion?” Adam said attempting to feign excitement. ”Zounds like zomething zat vould look nice above your tie colleczion.” And Adam would know, he’d – ahhh….spent a bit of time in Airey’s office a few years ago. He and one of Airy’s pet rocks were quiet familiar with each other. He coughed and then remembered the poorly wrapped package under his arm. ”But, vou might zink differently after vu open zis.” Because it was something else for his boss’s office. He passed over the package.
"Ah," the astronomer nodding approvingly. "Well, I am sure the other Unspeakables will benefit from this. See if you can get a couple of the new recruits to assist you, if you wish. They could benefit from such an exercise in familiarizing themselves with the stores." He would never be one to frown upon cleanliness and organization. Mysteries in particular was in a perpetual state of needing to reorganize this and that. What happened when you had phials and magical elements that tended to want to move on their own. Or when certain members of the Thought Chamber decided to test their abilities. It reminded him that he needed to get on the Noutists to check and readminister a few enchantments about that chamber. Could NOT have another incident.

"It would, but this is something for my more private collection back at my home office," he chuckled. Though that may be a bit of a...misstep considering how resourceful the twins were becoming these days. "Oh?" he questioned, brows arched as he scrutinized the package that looked at though it had been wrapped by one of his twins. He was and never had been particularly good at accepting gifts. In fact, while he was a professor he had a strict no gift policy...which he had breached a few times when it came to exceptional student pieces. Most of them began as homework assignments that he then requested to keep later.

...he did not remember assigning Adam any sort of homework, so whatever was under this wrapping was a complete mystery to him.

But open it he did and he was truly not quite sure whether to be delighted or offended. "Sweet solstice, did you make this?"

Old 11-19-2019, 02:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
Default Aiery

”Ok Boss,” he said, hoping he sounded convincing because he frankly wanted to work in the supply room alone. Making small talk wasn’t Adam’s strong point and he had planned on the reorganizing and categorizing as a way to just be alone and still productive at work. But, orders were orders and well, if he saw someone else, he’d ask for their help. He was logging a lot of hope on that ‘if’ though.

As if reading Airey’s mind, which Adam wasn’t, he asked, ” How iss ze new syrup fur ze Encephalons vorking? Does it need any changes?” Yes Adam had used the wrong word. Did he know that? No. As one of the people the brains had taken over, it had been easy for him to know what they needed to go back to being content in their tank and had quickly helped brew up the new serum. It was also the reason he was so – ah – familiar with the inside of Airey’s office. Although he was extremely happy to be rid of the Encephalon, the incident had left a lasting effect on the German, although at least this effect wasn’t like the exploding star. Still, he sometimes wondered about Reil…

While Airey opened the gift, Adam fiddled with the glasses on his face, pushing them up, then pulling them down a little, not sure of where they were most comfortable. Since his sunglasses hadn’t really served a purpose besides to hide his blank stares and block out some light while healing, he hadn’t cared where they sat on his face. It was also a way to pass the time as Adam felt a little funny about giving Airy the first place. They weren’t exactly on gift-giving terms, but Adam had worked for the man long enough that he didn’t think picking up the item was that weird…but perhaps it was? Maybe he shouldn’t have wrapped it….

”Hmm?” he stopped fiddling with his glasses and focused on Airey. Should he be offended by Airey’s tone? Did the man like the gift? Should Adam just take it back? ”Nein,” he said slowly in response to Airey’s question. ” I found it vhile Khristmas schopping in Berlin. I zought you – it – a new home…” Adam sighed as he became visibly flustered. This was why he didn’t gift stuff to people.
Old 12-13-2019, 03:32 PM   #10 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

He was HERE!

Kodee Chosen, dressed then re-dressed by his mother and reporting for duty with full knowledge that his girlfriend was just a lift’s journey away and they could have lunch together, talk about fancy grown up things, and run the ministry together. He’d have to tell her all about his day when this was over.

At first, the Gryffindor wasn’t sold on the idea of transport. It sounded like polishing brooms and scraping out fireplaces. BUT THEN he heard about the flying carpets, unlimited portkeys and maybe a free pass to an apparition license. It was all the boy needed to make a turn around.

Ahem. Not boy. Man. At 17, he was a wizard grown AND though it was only for the summer, he was a working adult. Hogwarts who? Homework what? Could he skip to the paycheck? That was an exceptionally sweet part of the deal.

After the morning he’d had, he was ready to jump in to things.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 12-14-2019, 12:54 AM   #11 (permalink)

DMT & DMGS
Antipodean Opaleye

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maggie Woods
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Levi Jourdan
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Hwang Minji
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Finlay Bracken
Transportation
x4 x2
PHILOMATH ❅ not one atom, but two ♪ ♪ made of starstuff ❅ def main():

Tehilla had been eager for this day to arrive. After the disappointing placement, swallowing her pride had been tough. The sixteen year old had not previously been aware she was capable of such bitter disappointment for anything that defined as pertaining to the wizarding world. It was why she had applied to the ministry internship in the first place; on the assumption that she would be pleased with whatever placement she would get.

That had not been the case. She had worked on herself, and had shown up to her first day all smiles and ready to give Transportation a chance. That, and Vitality had said good first impressions are everything. Who knows which department heads are friends? Perhaps word would get to Mr. Flamsteed. Perhaps.

With that same mentality, Tehilla had shown up today with all the professionalism she could muster. She had her wand, just in case they would let her use it, and she had her notes from the tour of Level Six, and a list of important people to contact in case she needed anything within the ministry. She even had the instructions detailing how to conduct an emergency summoning of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. Tehilla did not believe she would need it, but she needed to always be prepared. It wasn't paranoia, it was forward thinking. She needed to know these things more than anyone else did.

"Good morning Kodee." the Ravenclaw greeted her fellow intern with a smile, and kept her distance. Kodee Chosen made her nervous with his unpredictability. Best keep a wide berth, just in case. "How are you today?"

_____________I could still change the end
Old 12-14-2019, 10:17 PM   #12 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Default Hello interns! <3
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Kodee Chosen was not wrong. Part of the Transportation department DID include floo maintenance in the way of scraping out fireplaces. And the interns of Magical Transportation were going to spend some of their time doing just that. It was just as important that things ran smoothly as it was to do all that other interesting stuff that Kendra's department was responsible for.

Once she had given her new interns the tour of Level Six and introduced them to her employees, as well as given them a briefing on what Magical Transportation entailed, Kendra Jordan-Durand headed down to the atrium, carrying several buckets and scrub brushes. She allowed the interns to go along ahead of her as she collected the supplies, certain they'd find their way back to the atrium. They would need to know how to get around the Ministry eventually.

Oh, just two of them had made it to the fireplaces? "I hope Calloway didn't get lost," she mentioned aloud, slightly concerned, as she approached Kodee and Tehilla. She had made it a point to know their names from the beginning as that was important, but equally important was that none of the interns tasked to her didn't get lost in the building. Perhaps she would have to backtrack later to see if she could find him, if he didn't show up, but for now, she needed to get on with their tasks for the day.

"So, let's get started!" Kendra set down the buckets with hard-bristled brushes inside, and pulled out a large box of floo powder. "As you might figure, it's very important to keep all aspects of magical transportation running smoothly. And one of those important parts, of course, is the floo network. I'm sure you've all traveled by floo at least once in your lives." It was an easy assumption to make, considering how prevalent the system was in their world.

"Of course to continue to work properly, the floo network needs regular maintenance to rid the system of soot and floo powder build-up." Otherwise known as cleaning. "Today, I'd like you to help keep our floo network running smoothly! Each of these fireplaces will need to be cleaned out. I've brought some buckets and scrub brushes to use, though if you're Of Age, you can use magic. Just please make sure they're cleaned well." Soap and water could be found in one of the restrooms off to the side. "And then once you're finished, please make sure each of the floo powder receptacles on the mantles are full." That's where the box of powder she brought down came in.

And then when they were done, though she expected it to take them a little while to do it properly, they could get on with something a little more fun.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line
Old 12-16-2019, 09:49 AM   #13 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Tehilla had made a grave mistake. What mistake was that? She asked Kodee Chosen how he was doing today. It was as simple as that and would likely leave her with as much regret as he had energy to burn.

"Pretty good so far. Mum made the best breakfast this morning. Wasn't what I wanted but it was still good enough that I--we should grab lunch together now that we're coworkers. I heard the food court's got some great choices. Can you believe mum wanted me packing lunch. Like I'm 6 or something." The boy scoffed at the thought. He would need money while he worked this summer, that should have been obvious.

"Not today, though. Gonna find Kenzie. We're gonna have lunch together--have you met her? We can all grab lunch tomorrow--wait, I dunno what I wanna do tomorrow yet. Maybe we can--"

His sentence was cut off by the appearance of their B O S S. Could anyone believe it? They had a boss. This was real. They'd be getting paid. He'd be flossing whatever little he made all summer with his friends because what was responsibility?

"Lost. Ditched. I dunno. Are we allowed to ditch? If we showed up to other departments, would we be able to stay--not saying I would--wait, what're the buckets for?" But the answer to that came all too soon. Cleaning. They'd be...like....like....cleaners who...did cleaning things? Immediately, the boy's hand shot up, as if he was back at Hogwarts and had a question for the Professor.

"Is there anything else you need doing? Can I supervise, if not? You don't know this but I'm GREAT at supervising other people. Just ask Kenzie. One time, she did our homework and I watched. Nailed it."

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 12-23-2019, 02:27 AM   #14 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Ditch? Kendra's patient smile faded at Kodee's suggestion that they could simply leave one department in favor of another.

"No, certainly not," she said with a firm shake of her head. The department head hadn't even thought that a possibility when she noticed one of her interns missing. Surely he had just gotten lost or otherwise held up? Hmm. "The Minister chose you all specifically for the certain skills and traits you possess and assigned you accordingly." She resumed her patient smile.

Though it was proving difficult to keep.

She raised an eyebrow as it seemed young Mr. Chosen did not want to do the work she set out for them. "Oh, yes, there is plenty that needs to be done. But I need you both to help keep the floo system in good working order first." It was important, after all, and she was somewhat disappointed that the boy did not seem to think so. "There will be plenty of opportunities to work in different aspects of the department. In fact, I'm hoping we can work with some portkeys later today." Or tomorrow, or next week, depending on how well they did with the floo network.

"If there are no more questions...?" She looked between them both. "Then I'll let you both get to work." And she needed to find the missing intern. This was already beginning to feel like a headache.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line
Old 04-22-2020, 03:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
Other Characters
Firecrab

Ministry RPG Name:
The Announcer

The floo area is a busy part of the ministry, but on a warm morning something seemed off. The floo powder didn't seem to glow the way it normally did and with a weird flicker all the floo networks that usually were very busy stopped working all at once.
Old 04-26-2020, 05:05 AM   #16 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default anyone want to join us? :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Announcer View Post
The floo area is a busy part of the ministry, but on a warm morning something seemed off. The floo powder didn't seem to glow the way it normally did and with a weird flicker all the floo networks that usually were very busy stopped working all at once.
He had some groceries in hand to deliver to Level 9 and it was pertinent that he do so quickly so he could get to some essential brewing, but first he doubled back to the Atrium to check on something. Dim were the fireplaces and the eerie flicker within them where there ought to have been green flames caught the man's lanky form to straighten a bit.

"Sweet solstice," he lamented through a slightly set jaw as he moved to scoop up a bit of the floo powder to inspect with his fingers and push around in his palm before tossing a bit of it into the fireplace for confirmation. "First the lifts and now this?"

Old 04-27-2020, 12:41 AM   #17 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

MO & DMLE
Clabbert

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Hensley
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Schultz
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Grimm
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Amstern
Minister's Office

x7 x1
Default *joins* :3
Baguette | there is no D in my name | TRAITORclaw | Queenie of Narnia

Taking her lunch break a little bit earlier today, Regina had planned to eat a small cafe outside the Ministry. Not that she didn't like the Ministry's food court, but sometimes you just wanted to eat somewhere different, you know?

Lost in thought as she was, she didn't notice any problems with the floo network fireplaces until she noticed the Minister inspecting one of them. "Something wrong, Minister?"

Actually...something was definitely off. There were usually a lot of people coming in, even at this point in the morning. Were the fireplaces...broken? Could floo powder break?? Or lose its magic?

together we are dangerous; together with our differences; together we are bolder, braver, stronger
Old 04-27-2020, 04:09 AM   #18 (permalink)
Other Characters
Firecrab

Ministry RPG Name:
The Announcer

The floo powder no better than sand from a sandbox (perhaps some use to be had for kneazle litter?) and with smoke beginning to billow out from the fireplaces in a thick pea green soup color, it would seem as though there were more than simple magical malfunctions at work here. Or was it a simple case of charms gone wrong?

Suspicious indeed.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:44 AM   #19 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default briiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig <333 Airey isn't Minister though XD

Interesting...that the employees of this Ministry did not know their own Minister. He would tuck this little bit of information away while he proceeded to attempt to appear more animated. Surely the situation would demand this.

"Minister?" he replied with a bit of a forced chuckle. "Afraid the stars have not aligned in such a manner for myself. Still the department head over at Mysteries, however." His piercing blues looked the brunette up and down for a moment, just as a bit of smoke from the fireplaces began creeping along the floor over his well polished shoes. "Someone should inform Transportation," he noted casually while dusting his hands off and using his wand to vanish any of the remnants of floo powder in his hands. "Their floo powder is worthless...as too seem to be the fireplaces."

Old 04-28-2020, 10:49 PM   #20 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

MO & DMLE
Clabbert

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Hensley
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Schultz
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Grimm
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Amstern
Minister's Office

x7 x1
Default oh wow major brain toot on my end LOL XD

Merlin's beard, what was wrong with her?

Maybe it was earlier than Regina realized if she was mixing up faces and names like this. Or maybe it was the empty stomach messing with her brain.

Either way, she now had a strong urge to dig a hole to hide herself in.

"Sorry, my bad," she said as she felt her face warm.

Aaand...now there was green smoke pouring out of the fireplaces. Yep, something was definitely wrong. Great.

"I...could go let someone know?" She wasn't entirely sure if he was looking for a volunteer, though since he'd only said 'someone' and they were the only two who'd noticed this so far, she figured she might as well offer. "Seems kinda...suspicious that they would suddenly start malfunctioning though." She'd never heard of floo powder just suddenly not working. Not that she was exactly an expert. But did it have an expiration date? Or even if it did, why would that cause the fireplace to spew green smoke? Or maybe it didn't cause it, but...

Yeah, it was definitely too early in the day for all this.

together we are dangerous; together with our differences; together we are bolder, braver, stronger
Old 04-29-2020, 10:33 AM   #21 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12

He nodded to her apology and folded his hands behind his back while taking a lanky stride forward to inspect the nearest fireplace a bit more. "Perhaps not as suspicious as you would will yourself to believe," he mused with a gentle reassurance. "When one considers how the lifts have ceased their function as well. Thankfully the visitor entrance is still fully operational. No need to fret too much." He then offered the girl a bit of a cursory glance once again, a former student ... he could only assume.

"Yes. That would be good if you did," he nodded. "And fetch some phials for extraction while you run your errand. So we can further examine things in Mysteries."

And he would need to schedule himself an informal meeting with the senior undersecretary soon as well.

Old 04-30-2020, 11:05 PM   #22 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

MO & DMLE
Clabbert

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Hensley
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Schultz
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Grimm
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Amstern
Minister's Office

x7 x1

"Kind of seems more suspicious because of the lifts to me." It'd be one thing if the two malfunctions were a few years apart, but this close together? Really weird. "But I'll take your word for it." Not really - she still thought it was odd - but Regina also wasn't here to argue with the Mysteries Department Head. She figured he was probably doing that thing most people in leadership positions did, where they said everything was fine even when everyone could see that things were falling apart.

"Okay, I'll be sure to get those too." So Transportation department and phials.

And then, hopefully, at some point, lunch.

Old 01-05-2021, 07:03 PM   #23 (permalink)
deceased
Dugbog

Simone had been lurking observing the area to make sure things were working properly. She was feeling very on edge and very irritable the last few days. Things were going as planned, but she couldn't shake a feeling that she had. Honestly she might just need a holiday, though she would certainly not be taking one any time soon. She had a job to do and do it she would.

It seemed the floo network was working well so she wouldn't have to put much effort into this part at least. She was going to check it once more before heading back inside. Maybe she needed a cup of coffee or to go visit a certain someone before going back to her office.
Old 01-06-2021, 01:17 AM   #24 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
Default Simone - Anyone ?

It had been a long night and Adam was tired. He had been working on a potion that required the proper position of the stars and Jupiter to be in Capricorn and a few other things like the proper air temperature. Things on Level 9 had been tense since the rock golem had appeared in the prophecy room and quite frankly he was ready to go home.

In fact, he was looking forward to climbing into bed with his girlfriend and sleeping for the next 10 hours straight. Or at least, Zita had said she would meet him at his place and so he sincerely hoped she would be there. He missed her her laughter.

He had been heading to the phone booth to get in line when he paused. Was that the sound of floos? He stopped, standing in the middle of the traffic flow as he tried to source out the sounds. There was a flash of lights. "Zey are vorking again!" he exclaimed excitedly. Excellent, now he wouldn't have to struggle with the stupid phone box to go home.
Old 01-06-2021, 06:58 AM   #25 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12

Did you ever have the sensation of feeling trapped in your own body? It was curious just how much Airey Flamsteed could relate to the sensation these days. Looking in the mirror and seeing his hollowed features and more slender features did that. Though, everything did that these days. Even the simple task of walking from Level 9 all the way down to the floo network to confirm with Simone did that. It was a task, a performance, he wanted no part in...but he truly had no choice in the matter. There was no brightness to his eyes but an unspoken torture to their emptiness.

"Simone," he greeted cordially. "The results are back. Cross examined with all the previous ones. No irregularities have been found." His movements were a bit robotic, something which would go unnoticed by the Unspeakable who barely received any kind of acknowledgement, and at one point it even looked like one of his fingers had twitched in an unnatural direction. "He will be pleased with this news...and what of the lifts?"