sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1135 users online including...
turiskArtib , Stevendalo , ramsspeelay , Svetlxxo , Miltonplame

7 members
1128 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 52: May - August 2019

Term 52: May - August 2019 Term Fifty-Two: It Comes (Sept 2098 - June 2099)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2018, 12:00 PM

Default Hospital Wing

The cleanest room in the entire castle is, for more than obvious reasons, the hospital wing. Considering this is a magical school and accidents happen, it is not uncommon to see students and even staff being sent or brought here throughout the school year. Rest assured that no matter what mishap or injury you have, the school healer will have you fixed up and back to normal in no time ... depending on the severity, of course.

The primary feature of this decent-sized room are a series of standard issued beds. Accompanying each bed is a set of dividers, meant to give the person staying here privacy, and a wheeled table at the foot of it containing a jar of crystal clear water, glasses, and a vase of brightly coloured flowers. For those staying overnight, the bedside tables contain a set of sterile pyjamas and a pair of clean socks that are charmed to adjust and fit the wearer. Two steel chairs have been provided for visitors -- these are not the most comfortable as the patients here need plenty of rest in order to recover quickly. As per her job description, the healer rarely leaves the room when there are patients under her care and is always on call.

Alongside a storage room and a small clean bathroom for patient use, the healer has an office just off to one side of the main hospital wing where you can speak with her privately, either about medical concerns or in regards to the subject she teaches: Ancient Runes.

SPOILER!!: The Healer's Office

Your Healer (or professor, depending on what you are visiting her for) has a relatively simple office which continues the clean and sterile vibe that is found in the hospital wing proper. There are various mysterious looking instruments around the office, presumably each with some kind of medical or diagnostic purpose. The majority of the room is taken up with a large desk - a comfortable chair on one side for Healer Beryl and a smaller pair of chairs on the opposite side where students may sit. There is also a bookshelf and a small but comfortable couch where students may be directed to wait or sit for a more relaxed chat. There are a few photographs on one wall and a few pot plants here and there, but as far as offices go it is relatively simple and not at all cluttered. However, there is a corner of the office that has been set aside for Valetudo, Healer Carmine's raven. He doesn't live in this room, but he likes to hang out in here sometimes when she is in residence.

When Carmine is not teaching classes further up in the castle, she can usually be found here. When patients are in residence she keeps her door open.

OOC: Please do not play for the Healer. Carmine Beryl, played by Tegz, will be happy to help your character.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:13 AM   #2 (permalink)

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Regulus Prince
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Default teeeeegz
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

First thing that morning, Kaiser had been summoned to the hospital wing, which didn't really surprise him. What was a surprise was that he'd managed to get up here at all; he had been flat out exhausted the night before and, as such, had been dead to the world as soon as his head had hit the pillow. Most unlike him, but he was certainly not complaining.

A full night's sleep definitely hadn't felt like enough, but it was all Kaiser was going to get, so here he was. He had dressed in the same set of uniform and robes he had worn on the very last day of his fourth year, which hadn't seen any step of the laundry process that whole summer, and were by now much too short for him in the arm and leg - he had, however, lost enough weight that they still fit fine around the chest and waist. Kaiser kept trying to pull the sleeves down to reach his hands a little more effectively, and he couldn't decide if the clothes smelled weird or not. He'd spent too long over the summer getting used to this sort of thing, and now his perception was all messed up. Well, as soon as he had the chance, he was going to swipe a fresh uniform from the laundry, a slightly bigger one. Then he'd only need to worry about his other school supplies.

Stepping into the hospital wing, Kaiser looked cautiously around. He'd managed to avoid ever needing to come here in the two years he'd attended Hogwarts, as he was not particularly susceptible to illness or injury, but that meant that he didn't really know what to do once he was here. So he just... lingered, clutching his ribs protectively, and waited to be noticed by the healer.

You are Chocolate!
Old 05-05-2019, 12:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Formerly: Tegz
Dark Force Defense League

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
First thing that morning, Kaiser had been summoned to the hospital wing, which didn't really surprise him. What was a surprise was that he'd managed to get up here at all; he had been flat out exhausted the night before and, as such, had been dead to the world as soon as his head had hit the pillow. Most unlike him, but he was certainly not complaining.

A full night's sleep definitely hadn't felt like enough, but it was all Kaiser was going to get, so here he was. He had dressed in the same set of uniform and robes he had worn on the very last day of his fourth year, which hadn't seen any step of the laundry process that whole summer, and were by now much too short for him in the arm and leg - he had, however, lost enough weight that they still fit fine around the chest and waist. Kaiser kept trying to pull the sleeves down to reach his hands a little more effectively, and he couldn't decide if the clothes smelled weird or not. He'd spent too long over the summer getting used to this sort of thing, and now his perception was all messed up. Well, as soon as he had the chance, he was going to swipe a fresh uniform from the laundry, a slightly bigger one. Then he'd only need to worry about his other school supplies.

Stepping into the hospital wing, Kaiser looked cautiously around. He'd managed to avoid ever needing to come here in the two years he'd attended Hogwarts, as he was not particularly susceptible to illness or injury, but that meant that he didn't really know what to do once he was here. So he just... lingered, clutching his ribs protectively, and waited to be noticed by the healer.
Hearing a very slight noise, Carmine popped her head out the door of her office and spotted the young man waiting for her. Oh good! Right on time. She approved of that. Though what she didn't quite approve of was his attire. Given the circumstances though... well. Carmine approached with a welcoming smile on her face.

"Welcome, Mr.... well. What is your last name, young man? The headmaster only mentioned you as Kaiser." And She'd need to make sure the file she was starting on the boy was accurate, so it was a natural question. "It sounds like you've had a bit of an adventure this summer?" She gestured to one of the beds. "Take a seat."

love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you

Last edited by TeafortheSoul; 05-06-2019 at 12:33 AM. Reason: that broken coding is gonna bother me if I don't fix it *twitches*
Old 05-05-2019, 12:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Regulus Prince
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post
Hearing a very slight noise, Carmine popped her head out the door of her office and spotted the young man waiting for her. Oh good! Right on time. She approved of that. Though what she didn't quite approve of was his attire. Given the circumstances though... well. Carmine approached with a welcoming smile on her face.

"Welcome, Mr.... well. What is your last name, young man? The headmaster only mentioned you as Kaiser." And She'd need to make sure the file she was starting on the boy was accurate, so it was a natural question. "It sounds like you've had a bit of an adventure this summer?" She gestured to one of the beds. [B]"Take a seat."
Ah, there she was. As the healer approached, Kaiser managed a small smile. She was new, wasn't she? He knew that much, and that meant she was an unknown. But, well... she seemed alright. This was just very much uncharted territory; Kaiser could count on one hand the number of times he'd seen a healer or doctor.

"Well, uh..." he replied, glancing around the hospital wing once before looking back at her once again. "Kaiser is my last name." Already he was feeling a little cagey about any questions that might come up, seeing as he hadn't had enough time to think about what he was going to say to statements like... well, like that one.

Kaiser cleared his throat, and moved towards the bed that the healer... what was her name again? ... had gestured to. "Yes, I, uh... I suppose you could say that." He sat down, looking just a little wary.

You are Chocolate!
Old 05-06-2019, 12:32 AM   #5 (permalink)

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

Quote:
Ah, there she was. As the healer approached, Kaiser managed a small smile. She was new, wasn't she? He knew that much, and that meant she was an unknown. But, well... she seemed alright. This was just very much uncharted territory; Kaiser could count on one hand the number of times he'd seen a healer or doctor.

"Well, uh..." he replied, glancing around the hospital wing once before looking back at her once again. "Kaiser is my last name." Already he was feeling a little cagey about any questions that might come up, seeing as he hadn't had enough time to think about what he was going to say to statements like... well, like that one.

Kaiser cleared his throat, and moved towards the bed that the healer... what was her name again? ... had gestured to. "Yes, I, uh... I suppose you could say that." He sat down, looking just a little wary.
Carmine gave him a slightly puzzled, but by no means judgmental look. "Oh is it? My apologies. What's your first name, Mr. Kaiser?" She began writing on her clipboard, which was already filling out with a few details, height and weight and the like. Yes, you should also get yourself some helpful magical furniture if you wish to find out these things so conveniently.

She glanced to the side table where a jug jerked slightly in response and began filling its matching glass with clear, fresh water. The glass then floated right to young Mr. Kaiser's hand and nudged into it insistently. No dehydration on Carmine Beryl's watch.

"Has the Headmaster spoken with you about a new uniform? It looks like you've grown a bit since the last time you put that one on. I daresay a larger size will make you a little more comfortable." She said, not unkindly.

Old 05-06-2019, 11:56 AM   #6 (permalink)

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Regulus Prince
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12

Quote:
Carmine gave him a slightly puzzled, but by no means judgmental look. "Oh is it? My apologies. What's your first name, Mr. Kaiser?" She began writing on her clipboard, which was already filling out with a few details, height and weight and the like. Yes, you should also get yourself some helpful magical furniture if you wish to find out these things so conveniently.

She glanced to the side table where a jug jerked slightly in response and began filling its matching glass with clear, fresh water. The glass then floated right to young Mr. Kaiser's hand and nudged into it insistently. No dehydration on Carmine Beryl's watch.

"Has the Headmaster spoken with you about a new uniform? It looks like you've grown a bit since the last time you put that one on. I daresay a larger size will make you a little more comfortable." She said, not unkindly.
"That is okay." Truthfully, it was fine. And then... there was the first uncomfortable question. Kaiser hesitated, glanced quickly around to make doubly sure there was nobody else here, then looked back to the healer once again. No doubt she could find out on her own, without his help. May as well just say it, rather than make a fuss and show it was something that bothered him. "Nikolai," he said, with forced casualness, trying to ignore the pang of loss he now associated with that name. "But I prefer Kaiser." Just to be clear.

Okay, this glass of water sure was needy. Kaiser blinked at it, then accepted it, retrieving the glass from the air and taking a small experimental sip for starters, and then another, and then another. Good, fresh water. The novelty.

"Oh, uh... no," he said, pausing to look down at his uniform which, in the bright light of the hospital wing, looked even more ridiculous - not to mention unkempt - than it had in the dimmer dormitory. "I meant to try and get a new one this summer," Kaiser added, feeling suddenly that he should at least explain that much. "But I... I could not..." He trailed off, and drank from the glass of water once again.

You are Chocolate!
Old 05-06-2019, 07:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM & DIMC
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hey! I'm Torin Murphy.
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Xin chào, tôi tên là Mai Ainsley. (ON HOLD)
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hello, name is Lucien Wright. (ON HOLD)
Mysteries

Eniola was nervous. She’s always dreamed of being a healer like her mum is, but she wanted someone that didn’t know her so well as a teacher. Someone to take her under their wing and teach her what the universities don’t. To help her gain the experience she needs and wants to go or and do great things.

Knocking on the door to the hospital wing as she entered she called out, ”Healer Beryl? Are you here?” she asked almost hesitantly.

It's a fairytale evening, and you want the entire event to be totally dazzling and
a real experience with the friendliest people around you.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:01 AM   #8 (permalink)

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12

Quote:
"That is okay." Truthfully, it was fine. And then... there was the first uncomfortable question. Kaiser hesitated, glanced quickly around to make doubly sure there was nobody else here, then looked back to the healer once again. No doubt she could find out on her own, without his help. May as well just say it, rather than make a fuss and show it was something that bothered him. "Nikolai," he said, with forced casualness, trying to ignore the pang of loss he now associated with that name. "But I prefer Kaiser." Just to be clear.

Okay, this glass of water sure was needy. Kaiser blinked at it, then accepted it, retrieving the glass from the air and taking a small experimental sip for starters, and then another, and then another. Good, fresh water. The novelty.

"Oh, uh... no," he said, pausing to look down at his uniform which, in the bright light of the hospital wing, looked even more ridiculous - not to mention unkempt - than it had in the dimmer dormitory. "I meant to try and get a new one this summer," Kaiser added, feeling suddenly that he should at least explain that much. "But I... I could not..." He trailed off, and drank from the glass of water once again.
Carmine simply wrote the name down and then gave him a reassuring smile. "I picked my own name too in a way. My surname, Beryl, it was my grandmother's first name. I chose to take it as my own in her memory and because it meant far more to me than the surname of the family I was born into." She had no concern about him being selective about what he was called, but paperwork required two names, not just the one.

"Don't fret. We'll have the house elves sort you out. I'll summon them after we are done here and have them deliver something suitable to your dormitory. At least to tide you over a while." Including something for warmth given the weather was already on the turn.

"Now, Mr Kaiser, lets see how I can help you out, shall we? I did notice you're nursing your ribs.I'm going to check you over with my wand, but it would be helpful if you can tell me if there's anything particular that needs attention." Other than his nutrition, dehydration, and dire need of rest, all of which were clear enough. Having given him a warning she took her wand from its convenient pocket in her indigo robes, and cast a spell that emitted a warm golden light, scanning it over the boy from head to toe where he sat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gritandgrace View Post
Eniola was nervous. She’s always dreamed of being a healer like her mum is, but she wanted someone that didn’t know her so well as a teacher. Someone to take her under their wing and teach her what the universities don’t. To help her gain the experience she needs and wants to go or and do great things.

Knocking on the door to the hospital wing as she entered she called out, ”Healer Beryl? Are you here?” she asked almost hesitantly.
Popping her head out of her office, Carmine smiled upon seeing the Hufflepuff girl.

"Hello Miss Abara. How can I help you today? Would you like to come into my office and take a seat? I was about to pour some tea."

From behind her came a low gurgling croak - Valetudo was curious about the visitor too, though not enough to leave his perch and peek around the door, so it simply sounded like there was possibly someone in her office trying to die quietly and failing miserably.

Old 05-07-2019, 11:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM & DIMC
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hey! I'm Torin Murphy.
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:

Ministry RPG Name:
Mysteries

Quote:
Popping her head out of her office, Carmine smiled upon seeing the Hufflepuff girl.

"Hello Miss Abara. How can I help you today? Would you like to come into my office and take a seat? I was about to pour some tea."

From behind her came a low gurgling croak - Valetudo was curious about the visitor too, though not enough to leave his perch and peek around the door, so it simply sounded like there was possibly someone in her office trying to die quietly and failing miserably.

Eniola smiled when she saw the Healer pop her head out of her office and invite her in, it almost calmed her nerves a little. Almost.

"Thank you Healer Beryl, that'd be lovely." She stated as she made her way over, rehearsing everything she wanted to say in her head. She didn't want to mess this up, it was a good way to kickstart her career and she doesn't have that much longer left at Hogwarts.

"How are you today Healer?" Eni asked as she made it to the doorway of her office and smiled at her, trying to focus.

It's a fairytale evening, and you want the entire event to be totally dazzling and
Old 05-07-2019, 10:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Regulus Prince
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12

Quote:
Carmine simply wrote the name down and then gave him a reassuring smile. "I picked my own name too in a way. My surname, Beryl, it was my grandmother's first name. I chose to take it as my own in her memory and because it meant far more to me than the surname of the family I was born into." She had no concern about him being selective about what he was called, but paperwork required two names, not just the one.

"Don't fret. We'll have the house elves sort you out. I'll summon them after we are done here and have them deliver something suitable to your dormitory. At least to tide you over a while." Including something for warmth given the weather was already on the turn.

"Now, Mr Kaiser, lets see how I can help you out, shall we? I did notice you're nursing your ribs.I'm going to check you over with my wand, but it would be helpful if you can tell me if there's anything particular that needs attention." Other than his nutrition, dehydration, and dire need of rest, all of which were clear enough. Having given him a warning she took her wand from its convenient pocket in her indigo robes, and cast a spell that emitted a warm golden light, scanning it over the boy from head to toe where he sat.
Beryl. Right. Healer Beryl. Professor Beryl. That was her name.

And that... was a pretty interesting story, and definitely more information than he ever anticipated getting out of a member of staff. It caught him a little bit off guard, as a matter of fact, but Kaiser quickly recovered himself and nodded. "My last name is my connection to my mother, and her memory," he said, and left it at that. What he was trying to say was that he understood that logic, even if it wasn't directly applicable to his own situation.

Kaiser slowly broke into a smile, a full, genuine smile, upon hearing that they would sort out a uniform for him. That would at least mean that he didn't need to go sneaking around and swiping things from the laundry. "Thank you." Was it strange to have someone looking out for him now, after a full summer of being determined to look out for himself? Absolutely, but... he would allow it. It felt good not to have to worry about something.

He listened as Healer Beryl (Professor Beryl?) explained what was about to happen, and tried not to look too unnerved by it. Kaiser nodded, eyeing her wand uncertainly, but made no protest. Trying to remain as nonchalant as he could, he said, "It is just my ribs, really. And I also feel..." Tired wasn't a strong enough word, so he had to cast around his mind for an appropriate English one. "... exhausted." Drained. Hungry. Weak. At the very least he no longer felt like he needed to take a dozen showers - it turned out that just the one had done the trick the previous night, though he kind of wanted to take another one already just because he now had that option.

You are Chocolate!
Old 05-09-2019, 07:42 AM   #11 (permalink)

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12

Quote:
Eniola smiled when she saw the Healer pop her head out of her office and invite her in, it almost calmed her nerves a little. Almost.

"Thank you Healer Beryl, that'd be lovely." She stated as she made her way over, rehearsing everything she wanted to say in her head. She didn't want to mess this up, it was a good way to kickstart her career and she doesn't have that much longer left at Hogwarts.

"How are you today Healer?" Eni asked as she made it to the doorway of her office and smiled at her, trying to focus.
"We're well, thank you, Miss Abara. Take a seat." She said, indicating the chairs in front of her desk, as well as the small sofa. The girl could take her pick where she'd rather sit, depending how comfortable she wanted to be.

As if to contradict her statement, the raven made another gurgling croak and then followed that up in a feminine voice, lighter in timbre than Healer Beryl's, 'Oh dear'.

"How can I help you today?"

Quote:
Beryl. Right. Healer Beryl. Professor Beryl. That was her name.

And that... was a pretty interesting story, and definitely more information than he ever anticipated getting out of a member of staff. It caught him a little bit off guard, as a matter of fact, but Kaiser quickly recovered himself and nodded. "My last name is my connection to my mother, and her memory," he said, and left it at that. What he was trying to say was that he understood that logic, even if it wasn't directly applicable to his own situation.

Kaiser slowly broke into a smile, a full, genuine smile, upon hearing that they would sort out a uniform for him. That would at least mean that he didn't need to go sneaking around and swiping things from the laundry. "Thank you." Was it strange to have someone looking out for him now, after a full summer of being determined to look out for himself? Absolutely, but... he would allow it. It felt good not to have to worry about something.

He listened as Healer Beryl (Professor Beryl?) explained what was about to happen, and tried not to look too unnerved by it. Kaiser nodded, eyeing her wand uncertainly, but made no protest. Trying to remain as nonchalant as he could, he said, "It is just my ribs, really. And I also feel..." Tired wasn't a strong enough word, so he had to cast around his mind for an appropriate English one. "... exhausted." Drained. Hungry. Weak. At the very least he no longer felt like he needed to take a dozen showers - it turned out that just the one had done the trick the previous night, though he kind of wanted to take another one already just because he now had that option.
She smiled at the boy, more than willing to call him by his preferred name now that she had the pesky paperwork sorted. Perhaps one day he'd change it officially to better suit his comfort if he didn't like his first for whichever reasons he had, but for now, it would suffice.

"You can thank us by doing your best in your classes and making your time at school worth while, how about that for a deal?" She suggested, eyes twinkling somewhat. Really, he didn't need to thank her for doing her job, but she appreciated the manners all the same.

But for now it was time to assess him physically. The warm golden light that scanned over him was unobtrusive, though here and there the tone changed slightly or wavered so that she went over that area with the spell a second time. Hmm.

"Well,we can ease the exhaustion a little with some runework now, and beyond that plenty of rest, good nutrition, and more rest and we'll see you right." Carmine said. "A hearty breakfast, but no overeating. We don't want you making yourself sick. If you're hungry between lessons, ask the house elves for some fruit or a sandwich." She summoned her trolley, which rolled itself over and parked itself next to her. The trolley had several layers and had several ready-made potions and measures on one shelf, and on another, various runestones and bindrunes, made from various materials, and on yet another various bandages and interesting-looking magical medical tools.

"As for your ribs... to heal them outright as you are will drain you rather a lot." The energy for such healing had to come from somewhere. "So runes for that too. And a few potions I think. Any allergies, Mr Kaiser?"

Old 05-10-2019, 12:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM & DIMC
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hey! I'm Torin Murphy.
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:

Ministry RPG Name:
Mysteries

Quote:
"We're well, thank you, Miss Abara. Take a seat." She said, indicating the chairs in front of her desk, as well as the small sofa. The girl could take her pick where she'd rather sit, depending how comfortable she wanted to be.

As if to contradict her statement, the raven made another gurgling croak and then followed that up in a feminine voice, lighter in timbre than Healer Beryl's, 'Oh dear'.

"How can I help you today?"
Eni couldn't lie, the raven was a bit of a mystery to her. Were familiars common in Europe? She didn't remember seeing them in France. The Congo, for sure, but not in Europe. Maybe this bird is just a pet... She thought to herself as she moved to the chair. The sofa would be much comfier, but she wanted to present herself well and for Healer Beryl to take her seriously. No matter how nervous she is.

"Well Healer, as you may know there's a few of us that are looking to become Healers when we graduate and we'd heard rumor of a club starting up." Eni began, "I was hoping that whether or not this club is true, you might be willing to take me on as a sort of apprentice? My mother is a healer and it's all I've ever wanted - truly - but becoming her apprentice is a bit unbecoming as we are family and as I'm in school still I thought it'd be nice to get a jump start! That is...if you're willing."

She knew she rambled when she was nervous, she was hoping to be able to contain it at this time, but she really wanted to get started for her life after Hogwarts. She needed to make this work.

Old 05-12-2019, 03:39 PM   #13 (permalink)

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Regulus Prince
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12

Quote:
She smiled at the boy, more than willing to call him by his preferred name now that she had the pesky paperwork sorted. Perhaps one day he'd change it officially to better suit his comfort if he didn't like his first for whichever reasons he had, but for now, it would suffice.

"You can thank us by doing your best in your classes and making your time at school worth while, how about that for a deal?" She suggested, eyes twinkling somewhat. Really, he didn't need to thank her for doing her job, but she appreciated the manners all the same.

But for now it was time to assess him physically. The warm golden light that scanned over him was unobtrusive, though here and there the tone changed slightly or wavered so that she went over that area with the spell a second time. Hmm.

"Well,we can ease the exhaustion a little with some runework now, and beyond that plenty of rest, good nutrition, and more rest and we'll see you right." Carmine said. "A hearty breakfast, but no overeating. We don't want you making yourself sick. If you're hungry between lessons, ask the house elves for some fruit or a sandwich." She summoned her trolley, which rolled itself over and parked itself next to her. The trolley had several layers and had several ready-made potions and measures on one shelf, and on another, various runestones and bindrunes, made from various materials, and on yet another various bandages and interesting-looking magical medical tools.

"As for your ribs... to heal them outright as you are will drain you rather a lot." The energy for such healing had to come from somewhere. "So runes for that too. And a few potions I think. Any allergies, Mr Kaiser?"
"Yes, of course," Kaiser replied, though it was probably a little more difficult to meet his eye as he said it. He would do his best in classes, certainly, probably, maybe, but he couldn't quite guarantee that that would be much good. It wouldn't be long before that much became obvious to Professor-Healer Beryl and all of the other new staff members, so Kaiser didn't trouble to point it out himself.

He sat quietly as the golden light did its work, eyes flicking from it to the healer's face every so often as he waited for the process to finish.

"Runework?" he said, looking curious. Having had very little experience with magical healing, he was interested to know exactly how runes were incorporated into the process, though not that surprised that they would be, when he really thought about it. To the rest of the instructions, Kaiser simply nodded and tried to commit all of her words to memory. He knew it would certainly be difficult not to overeat at breakfast; he had done just that the night before and only by some luck had managed to keep it all down. "Okay. I can do that."

Casting a curious eye at the trolley and everything it was laden with, Kaiser answered with a slightly distracted air. "... No. Not that I know."

You are Chocolate!
Old 05-13-2019, 10:21 AM   #14 (permalink)

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12

Quote:
Eni couldn't lie, the raven was a bit of a mystery to her. Were familiars common in Europe? She didn't remember seeing them in France. The Congo, for sure, but not in Europe. Maybe this bird is just a pet... She thought to herself as she moved to the chair. The sofa would be much comfier, but she wanted to present herself well and for Healer Beryl to take her seriously. No matter how nervous she is.

"Well Healer, as you may know there's a few of us that are looking to become Healers when we graduate and we'd heard rumor of a club starting up." Eni began, "I was hoping that whether or not this club is true, you might be willing to take me on as a sort of apprentice? My mother is a healer and it's all I've ever wanted - truly - but becoming her apprentice is a bit unbecoming as we are family and as I'm in school still I thought it'd be nice to get a jump start! That is...if you're willing."

She knew she rambled when she was nervous, she was hoping to be able to contain it at this time, but she really wanted to get started for her life after Hogwarts. She needed to make this work.
It shouldn't have surprised her that scuttlebutt already had students talking about the club. Carmine smiled a little, remembering her own days as a student here: it was never wise to assume that the students did not know what was going on.

"Yes and no, Miss Abara." Carmine said. "I am indeed starting a club specifically for those who fancy the healer profession as a future career - you'll see some news about it on the noticeboards soon, I promise you, and you'll be more than welcome to join up. As for taking you on as an official apprentice... I'm limited in what I am allowed to have students do under my guidance, except in emergency situations of course." Carmine said, and then opened her desk drawer. Even as she spoke, Valetudo continued saying 'oh dear, oh dear, oh dear' over and over. in that same feminine voice. Carmine drew peanuts in a jar out of her desk and opened it, then tossed one in the raven's direction. He reacted quickly, catching it and crunching on it.

"If you would like to get some experience however, I will not say no to assistance preparing equipment, and making sure the stores are well stocked. How are you at potions, Miss Abara?" Carmine asked, and threw Valetudo another peanut.

Quote:
"Yes, of course," Kaiser replied, though it was probably a little more difficult to meet his eye as he said it. He would do his best in classes, certainly, probably, maybe, but he couldn't quite guarantee that that would be much good. It wouldn't be long before that much became obvious to Professor-Healer Beryl and all of the other new staff members, so Kaiser didn't trouble to point it out himself.

He sat quietly as the golden light did its work, eyes flicking from it to the healer's face every so often as he waited for the process to finish.

"Runework?" he said, looking curious. Having had very little experience with magical healing, he was interested to know exactly how runes were incorporated into the process, though not that surprised that they would be, when he really thought about it. To the rest of the instructions, Kaiser simply nodded and tried to commit all of her words to memory. He knew it would certainly be difficult not to overeat at breakfast; he had done just that the night before and only by some luck had managed to keep it all down. "Okay. I can do that."

Casting a curious eye at the trolley and everything it was laden with, Kaiser answered with a slightly distracted air. "... No. Not that I know."
"Yes, the runes are very good for healing." Carmine said kindly. It was perhaps unsurprising that this was her area of expertise in particular, given she was also teaching the subject in the school. "I will make you a bindrune and activate it, and I'll ask you to keep it on you until you are feeling better. Would you rather a touchstone to keep in your pocket, or one to wear around your neck?" In the meantime, Carmine began selecting various potions and measuring drops here and there out into a vial, customizing a mixture for him.

A skittering sound came from the direction of her office and moments later a handsome looking raven walked out, his wings tucked back. Valetudo made an inquisitive 'hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?' noise and hop!skittered towards them.

Old 05-13-2019, 11:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM & DIMC
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hey! I'm Torin Murphy.
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:

Ministry RPG Name:
Mysteries

Quote:
It shouldn't have surprised her that scuttlebutt already had students talking about the club. Carmine smiled a little, remembering her own days as a student here: it was never wise to assume that the students did not know what was going on.

"Yes and no, Miss Abara." Carmine said. "I am indeed starting a club specifically for those who fancy the healer profession as a future career - you'll see some news about it on the noticeboards soon, I promise you, and you'll be more than welcome to join up. As for taking you on as an official apprentice... I'm limited in what I am allowed to have students do under my guidance, except in emergency situations of course." Carmine said, and then opened her desk drawer. Even as she spoke, Valetudo continued saying 'oh dear, oh dear, oh dear' over and over. in that same feminine voice. Carmine drew peanuts in a jar out of her desk and opened it, then tossed one in the raven's direction. He reacted quickly, catching it and crunching on it.

"If you would like to get some experience however, I will not say no to assistance preparing equipment, and making sure the stores are well stocked. How are you at potions, Miss Abara?" Carmine asked, and threw Valetudo another peanut.
Eniola could feel her body physically deflate at the news that she wouldn't be apprenticing, but at least there was something.

Ignoring the bird Eni began to try and think of other solutions to her desire of being an apprentice - 'Wait. Did Healer Beryl just say potions??' She thought to herself as she perked up.

"I'd say I'm a fair hand at it Healer." Eni absolutely beamed. Even if at the end of her time here at Hogwarts she could get a recommendation letter from Healer Beryl to be accepted into a Healer's program that would be fantastic! If that meant cleaning equipment and preparing potions for the next two years, she was very willing!

Old 05-15-2019, 02:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
Slytherin

DMC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ally Rory
Slytherin
First Year
Stay Free

Austin headed to the hospital wing. The ancient Runes professor wanted to talk to him after class. Yeah. "Talk" being the key word here which Austin wouldn't be doing much of.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:18 AM   #17 (permalink)

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12

Quote:
Eniola could feel her body physically deflate at the news that she wouldn't be apprenticing, but at least there was something.

Ignoring the bird Eni began to try and think of other solutions to her desire of being an apprentice - 'Wait. Did Healer Beryl just say potions??' She thought to herself as she perked up.

"I'd say I'm a fair hand at it Healer." Eni absolutely beamed. Even if at the end of her time here at Hogwarts she could get a recommendation letter from Healer Beryl to be accepted into a Healer's program that would be fantastic! If that meant cleaning equipment and preparing potions for the next two years, she was very willing!

"Alright. I've been going through the existing stores and many of them are in need of replacement and refreshing. If I give you a list to acquire, would you speak with Professor Noble? He may have some on hand already or be willing to let you take on the brewing of some of these as extra work under his supervision - you'll have to discuss with him what he thinks is best, regardless I do need this particular errand run so your timing is good, Miss Abara." It saved her having to make the trip herself and it was something that had been on her list for today. "We'll start there, shall we?" And she took a piece of scrap parchment out of her drawer and began writing a note and a list for the girl.

Quote:

Dear Professor Noble,

I have been meaning to come and speak to you regarding refreshing the stores of healing potions in the Hospital Wing. While I have placed a large order of those products which must be bought rather than brewed, there are several potions which I had hoped you would be able to provide for the school. Perhaps some of your more eager students might be willing to brew them under your guidance. I have sent Miss Abara with this note as she wishes to volunteer in the hospital wing. I believe she is more than willing to work on whichever of the listed potions below that you believe her capable of brewing. The quantities needed are by the vial, just as an initial number to top up stores to the recommended minimum. If this is not agreeable to you please let me know as soon as possible and I will place an external order.

Furthermore, there is a large quantity of potions in the healer stores which have had their labels worn off or removed. I have identified as many as I am able, but some assistance with this task would be well-appreciated, however this is not as urgent a task.

Thank you,

Healer Beryl

Blood-Replenishing Potion x 6
Calming Draught x 10
Dreamless Sleep Potion x 10
Invigoration Draught x 5
Pepperup Potion x 10
Wideye Potion x 6
Wound-Cleaning Potion x 6
"There you have it, Miss Abara. You'll need to speak with the professor directly." She tossed another peanut for Valetudo and smiled at the girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2111jen View Post
Austin headed to the hospital wing. The ancient Runes professor wanted to talk to him after class. Yeah. "Talk" being the key word here which Austin wouldn't be doing much of.
"Well now Mr Spencer. Glad to see you, please sit down. I wish to speak to you in my capacity as the school healer. I believe I can help you, if you're willing." Carmine smiled kindly at the boy and gestured at the comfy couch. He could sit there, perhaps he'd be more relaxed?

Old 05-20-2019, 05:46 AM   #18 (permalink)
Slytherin

DMC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ally Rory
Slytherin
First Year
Stay Free

Help me? Help me how exactly? Give me a magic pill to make me not anxios? Austin thought to himself. In reality, he nodded and sat on the couch. He looked at the healer waiting for her to talk again.
Old 05-20-2019, 06:44 AM   #19 (permalink)

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12

Quote:
Help me? Help me how exactly? Give me a magic pill to make me not anxios? Austin thought to himself. In reality, he nodded and sat on the couch. He looked at the healer waiting for her to talk again.
"I want you to know this is a safe space. I think you understand that going forward, not talking isn't an option for a place like Hogwarts - especially not in the subjects which require you to use your voice to cast a spell? But its up to you if you wish to make the effort to change things for yourself or not. We have a few approaches we can take - daily potions designed to treat stress and anxiety, or if that doesn't suit you, I can craft you a bindrune, which you'll need to either wear as a pendant, or carry it with you in your pocket at all times as a touch stone. We're not without our methods, young man, so lets take advantage of the magic we have at our disposal in order to make your school experience as beneficial to you as possible, shall we?" Carmine asked kindly.

Old 05-20-2019, 12:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
Slytherin

DMC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ally Rory
Slytherin
First Year
Stay Free

Yes. He knew that. The headmaster and him had already discussed it. And a safe place. Really? Nowhere is a safe place for speaking. Binding runes. No. He wasn't going to use that. He didn't want to.
Austin took a breath and let it out. Talk. It's not that hard. You talked in front of the headmaster...
"..." "I..." He started to say. "I...talked to....or rather...I wrote down my problem so the head master could see. We..." "We discussed it and...and he said I need to make...need to make effort on my part...and I agreed to that...but, I know it's not going to be an overnight process either."
Old 05-20-2019, 02:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM & DIMC
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hey! I'm Torin Murphy.
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:

Ministry RPG Name:
Mysteries
Hufflepuff

Quote:

"Alright. I've been going through the existing stores and many of them are in need of replacement and refreshing. If I give you a list to acquire, would you speak with Professor Noble? He may have some on hand already or be willing to let you take on the brewing of some of these as extra work under his supervision - you'll have to discuss with him what he thinks is best, regardless I do need this particular errand run so your timing is good, Miss Abara." It saved her having to make the trip herself and it was something that had been on her list for today. "We'll start there, shall we?" And she took a piece of scrap parchment out of her drawer and began writing a note and a list for the girl.

"There you have it, Miss Abara. You'll need to speak with the professor directly." She tossed another peanut for Valetudo and smiled at the girl.

Eni grabbed the note for Professor Noble and smiled at Healer Beryl. "Thank you Healer, I do appreciate the opportunity. I'll head to his office straight away." She said as she got up to leave. It was quite the list, but hopefully she can be back here quicker than a portkey with the supply.

Old 05-27-2019, 09:11 AM   #22 (permalink)

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12
Default Sorry you guys! Thanks for your patience!

Quote:
Yes. He knew that. The headmaster and him had already discussed it. And a safe place. Really? Nowhere is a safe place for speaking. Binding runes. No. He wasn't going to use that. He didn't want to.
Austin took a breath and let it out. Talk. It's not that hard. You talked in front of the headmaster...
"..." "I..." He started to say. "I...talked to....or rather...I wrote down my problem so the head master could see. We..." "We discussed it and...and he said I need to make...need to make effort on my part...and I agreed to that...but, I know it's not going to be an overnight process either."
Carmine listened patiently and waited for him to finish speaking. She was pleased enough that he didn't need help via potions or runes with his speaking, as it would be a hassle to write to his guardians about the matter.

"Yes, I am aware of that. And yet you didn't make the effort in my class, which was somewhat disappointing. There are elements of rune studies that require you to use your voice. Perhaps you should begin with something small - when you enter a classroom, do make sure to try and greet the professor. Two or three words only, and just to the professor and not to the whole class. Do you think that is a manageable beginning, Austin?" Carmine asked. "By Christmas time I would like to see you actively participating in my lesson, and this will mean that you'll have to contribute to discussions to some degree as this will help further your understanding of difficult concepts. Other professors may have different requirements and make different allowances, but you'll have to find that out yourself."

Quote:
Eni grabbed the note for Professor Noble and smiled at Healer Beryl. "Thank you Healer, I do appreciate the opportunity. I'll head to his office straight away." She said as she got up to leave. It was quite the list, but hopefully she can be back here quicker than a portkey with the supply.
"Alright." Carmine said. It was nice to see how eager she was. And truly it could be an excellent learning experience for the girl.

"Thank you, Miss Abara." She said, dismissing her.

Old 05-27-2019, 06:34 PM   #23 (permalink)
Slytherin

DMC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ally Rory
Slytherin
First Year
Stay Free

The thought of Austin having to speak. Actually say more then five words at a time terrified him. He swallowed. Was it getting hotter in here? He took a breath and let it out.
"Okay. I can try," he said.
That's whwt he said to the headmaster as well. .
Old 06-23-2019, 02:46 PM   #24 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lyric Bayliss-Black
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Marilyn Romalotti
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel P. Banner
Law Enforcement
x12 x12
Zombie Apocalypse Team Leader ★ ★ in a crown of pepperoni and artisan cheese

The only thing that soothed Aaron's mind about his sudden, unexplained, very unneeded-medical-attention appearance in the hospital wing, was that he had a good relationship with Professor Beryl and maybe she'd believe him.

He chose a seat in the waiting area and sighed. He didn't want to bother her if she was currently seeing to someone... but he also figured it wouldn't matter too much if word was sent ahead? Had it happened already? The visions were weird at times where he couldn't discern dates. Or times, really, but some stuff has stuck out to him that it might be today. He just wanted to give the Healer a head's up. Or maybe he could help, if she would let him...

Heh, he was getting ahead of himself.

"Professor Beryl.... Are you around?"

Livin' in ruins of a palace, within our dreams...____________
We're on each other's team._____
Old 07-04-2019, 12:10 PM   #25 (permalink)

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12
Default Mist timeline ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govoni View Post
The only thing that soothed Aaron's mind about his sudden, unexplained, very unneeded-medical-attention appearance in the hospital wing, was that he had a good relationship with Professor Beryl and maybe she'd believe him.

He chose a seat in the waiting area and sighed. He didn't want to bother her if she was currently seeing to someone... but he also figured it wouldn't matter too much if word was sent ahead? Had it happened already? The visions were weird at times where he couldn't discern dates. Or times, really, but some stuff has stuck out to him that it might be today. He just wanted to give the Healer a head's up. Or maybe he could help, if she would let him...

Heh, he was getting ahead of himself.

"Professor Beryl.... Are you around?"

"Hello Aaron."
Carmine popped her head out of her office and then stepped out into the hospital wing proper, smiling kindly at the Hufflepuff Prefect. "Is there something I can help you with, young man?"

Or was he another of Professor Noble's remarkably helpful young puffs? She had noticed that they were the ones who tended to make themselves available, and certainly with the current state of affairs, being on hand to administer calming draughts was particularly useful.