sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 4077 users online including...
Austinwals , Harleysag , Georgelip , Alexrut , Ronaldsnut , Stevendalo , PhoenixRising

7 members
4070 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Charles Hollingberry Era

Charles Hollingberry Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Minister for Magic, Charles Hollingberry [IC March 2097 - present; OOC November 2018 - present]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 02-07-2018, 03:38 AM

Default Conference Room

A spacious room awaits you for Level-wide and division-specific meetings. A long, polished wood table sits in the middle of the room, surrounded by comfortable chairs. The chic decor is enhanced by the several framed posters of Quidditch and Gobstones players alike hung on the walls. If a meeting has been called, this is the place to assemble with plenty of elbow room for everyone.
Old 04-14-2020, 04:46 AM   #126 (permalink)

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5
Oh, how we drift away from our friends. And the ones back home play remember when

Daisy smiled as Victoria explained that the safety/treatment of the animals was of top priority. She looked at Lucas and said with a nod, "I think the more interaction the better. I'd love to brainstorm some ideas." When Nathaniel mentioned holding the event in summer, Daisy replied, thoughtfully, "Well, that is the hope. If as many students can attend during the summer holidays then it would be quite the turnout. Also, the kids attending the event don't need to be school-age. They can be younger. Just as long as everything is safe, you know?"
Old 04-15-2020, 10:53 PM   #127 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

"Summer is always the best time, it is nicer weather for outdoor events and of course this is an outdoor event. Their main season is summer as well so we can work around that." She adored how this team came together and was liking the ideas she was hearing. "I think having a race at the end of the week so people can watch would be a good idea as well. Maybe it could be a charity race and all money go to a certain organization." There were plenty of charity groups they could use and could decide on that later.

"Having this event could bring awareness to ones that aren't sure how horse racing works. There could be information tents showing how the horses are taken care of and how the racers train them. I love the idea of horse rides for children and places they can even just be near the horses to learn about them."

She jotted down more notes as the group talked, "So are we thinking maybe July of next year?" This year wasn't enough time to plan so she had to push it out at least a year and still she'd have to look at scheduled and calendars, check with Charles for the approval. Do all that boring paperwork and things.
Old 04-20-2020, 04:39 AM   #128 (permalink)

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5
Oh, how we drift away from our friends. And the ones back home play remember when

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
"Summer is always the best time, it is nicer weather for outdoor events and of course this is an outdoor event. Their main season is summer as well so we can work around that." She adored how this team came together and was liking the ideas she was hearing. "I think having a race at the end of the week so people can watch would be a good idea as well. Maybe it could be a charity race and all money go to a certain organization." There were plenty of charity groups they could use and could decide on that later.

"Having this event could bring awareness to ones that aren't sure how horse racing works. There could be information tents showing how the horses are taken care of and how the racers train them. I love the idea of horse rides for children and places they can even just be near the horses to learn about them."

She jotted down more notes as the group talked, "So are we thinking maybe July of next year?" This year wasn't enough time to plan so she had to push it out at least a year and still she'd have to look at scheduled and calendars, check with Charles for the approval. Do all that boring paperwork and things.
Daisy was pleased with how well her suggestion had been received. "I think having a charity race at the end of the week sounds like a brilliant idea. I was thinking of the information tents just like you mentioned, Victoria."

When Victoria mentioned holding the event in July of the following year, Daisy nodded. "That sounds like the ideal time to me."
Old 02-26-2021, 11:28 PM   #129 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Default Department Staff Meeting
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Peggy made sure the cinnamon rolls for their staff meeting were fresh and the coffee was hot. It was the least she could do, since she felt like she had no control over the topics of today’s meeting. And, if any legilimens cared, she was certain she was behaving in the most rational way possible, rather than the most cowardly. She had only been in her department head position for a few months, so she most certainly did not have enough sway to convince the minister or his lackeys that basing a professional sports strategy on anything other than merit and statistics was a gloriously terrible idea.

So. Here she was.

She levitated the cinnamon rolls and coffee onto a small table by the door, so her employees could help themselves on the way in. She poured a cup of coffee for herself, but did not take a cinnamon roll. She had no appetite at the moment. Hopefully her staff would eat the cinnamon rolls before the meeting started, lest they too lose their appetites. Peggy took a seat at the head of the table and sipped her coffee, staring at the posters on the opposite wall while she waited for the room to fill.

Merlin, would she have to take some of these posters down as well?
Old 02-28-2021, 02:35 AM   #130 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lazlo Pitt
Gryffindor
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Paige Hall
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Janus "Jeq" Quimby
Ecological Protection
x7 x8
Mom says I have no sense of direction, so I packed my bags and right.

Aegis always ate before work each day. But he was always grateful anytime anyone thought to feed him at work too. Perhaps if Peggy left the Cinnamon Rolls out during the day and kept them warm and gooey he would help himself later on. The Coffee, he took. One could never have too much coffee in the morning so he get himself a cup o joe then sat across from the Department Head.

"Good Morning, Ms. Laplace" Aegis nodded to her and took a sip of the coffee. There was probably much to discuss today. That felt like a given fact.
Old 02-28-2021, 05:50 PM   #131 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

Department Staff Meetings were something Lucas was all too well used to. Lucas came prepared, notepad and pen tucked under his right arm, and a smile {despite the happenings in the world} on his face. He had only just been thinking that it was quite the relief to have Brody here at the Ministry, under his care and not stuck at Hogwarts. “Good morning, folks.’’ The delicious cinnamon-y scent wafted towards him immediately. Though he had eaten breakfast, Lucas was not ashamed to place two rolls on a plate and pour himself a full cup of coffee.

The man then made his way to take a seat. Would he be digging into those rolls now? Yes, Lucas would be.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 02-28-2021, 06:21 PM   #132 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Normally Javier was...indifferent about going to work. A job was a job. It was a way to pay for his daughter's every want and need, so he sucked it up and went in with a sort of smile on his face, and he did his job well. Lately, however, his feelings towards the Ministry had soured considerably. All this nonsense about the Greater Good and anti-muggle sentiments was...well, it made him sick. It made him wish he could leave and go somewhere else, but the sad fact was, EVERY place he went had some sort of tinge of the Neo-Alliance on it. They'd gotten their claws in to every spot in Europe, it seemed.

It was disgusting.

Not saying good morning, he headed right for a seat and sat down next to Lucas, a familiar face, and he didn't even look at the cinnamon rolls. Sorry, Boss Lady. Looks like you got Grumpy Javi today.

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Old 03-01-2021, 01:15 AM   #133 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

"Please, Aegis, call me Peggy."

She remained otherwise silent as the room filled with most of her employees, giving a simple nod of recognition as they entered. Lucas was here, and the Recreational Sports division manager. That was good. Their divisions would be most impacted. And the others were filling in, nearly everyone she was expecting. No Milo, but then...well, he’d been reported missing a few weeks ago now. Javier was at least providing some representation from the Gobstones division.

But, it was time now, wasn’t it. Peggy stood, gripping her coffee cup for moral support.

"Thanks, all, for coming," she said, noting that Lucas had taken cinnamon rolls but not many others. “As you all know, there have been some changes to the Ministry…” She paused, trying to prevent an annoyed sigh and managing to dampen it to...an angry huff. "Our department is not immune to these changes, so...let’s just get down to some of the new policies. Help yourself to a cinnamon roll, if you didn’t get one on the way in." She did not expect any of these folks to be thrilled with what she was about to tell them, so she really did intend to...sugarcoat this. It worked with her children.

"First of all…some changes for our Recreational Sports division," she was going in order of...her personal relevance. She had a special place in her heart for the recreational sports leagues and competitions. "With the situation at Hogwarts, we’ll have to cancel the U17 Quidditch league for this summer. There won't be a chance to hold tryouts at the usual time, since the students are...ah, cloistered." She looked to her recreational sport division and the professional Quidditch employees as she said this. She had been worried about the talented Quidditch youngsters taking their talents elsewhere, but her former colleagues in France had alluded to issues there as well. "The non-tryout leagues and camps will have to suffice for the children's entertainment this summer, and for the Quidditch scouts."

"There will also be some restrictions in place for recreational sports sign ups, leagues and camps." Peggy allowed herself a sigh this time. "Sign ups will be limited to those with magical parents." She tried not to think too much about the Muggleborn children who would be missing out on the summer wizarding sports leagues and camps. "Our volunteer coaches for the youth leagues will be under extra scrutiny, as well." She was relieved, for this one reason, to be pureblood, so she could continue being a U14 Quidditch coach.

"Any questions before we move on?" She paused to take a sip of coffee. Hopefully they could avoid too much of an uproar, at least nothing that could be heard from other levels. She was not a coward, she reassured herself. Allowing these changes that didn't directly hurt anyone would surely help her stay around to improve things in the long run.
Old 03-02-2021, 03:32 AM   #134 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lazlo Pitt
Gryffindor
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Paige Hall
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Janus "Jeq" Quimby
Ecological Protection
x7 x8
Mom says I have no sense of direction, so I packed my bags and right.

"Peggy. Yeah okay" Aegis softly shrugged his shoulders as he took another sip of his coffee.

Some changes? Was Peggy really trying to beat around the bush here still? There were Grindlewald Enthusiast in charge of the Ministry. As a matter of fact. Aegis took a quick glance over toward his Department Head. She was new? Could she be a Grindlewald-Hugger?

Perhaps he should now watch what he says around her? Though her intervening from him jumping into the fray instead of apprehending him threw a wrench into his suspicions of Peggy just now.

Confused for a moment on his own inner thoughts Aegis was snapped back into reality from the changes Peggy was implementing into their department. If he was sipping his coffee there would be a spit take here. He looked around at his colleagues before speaking up. "I suppose that means I won't be able to volunteer for the Youth League this year." Aegis never once really cared about his blood status. He only really begun to focus on it since the night of the gala. He was Aegis Dane, and who his father is and who his mother was never mattered to him. But if it was going to hinder him from helping kids improve their athletic skills then they might have a problem here.
Old 03-05-2021, 02:42 AM   #135 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Right. The questions. Peggy was prepared for the questions. She pulled out her notes that she’d really been hoping she would...not need. And shuffled through a few pieces of parchment before looking over at Aegis. "Yes...I’m sorry, you are correct." She hoped they’d have enough volunteer coaches without those with Muggle heritage.

Some of their best youth coaches had a Muggle parent or parents.

She paused, to see if there were any more questions about the year’s recreational sports changes. No? No matter, they could always back track if people thought of more questions. She’d had a few herself when these policy changes arrived on her desk. She checked her notes to remind herself what she was supposed to tell them about the professional Quidditch league policy changes.

Oh. That was right.

"Some changes to policy for professional Quidditch...recruitment will be focused on players with the appropriate credentials," she said. "They…" she consulted her notes, then read the next sentence from the notes directly. "Quidditch players are public figures, and should represent the best of the best of the wizarding world, meaning their heritage will be under public scrutiny." She set the notes back down. "Since people look up to our athletes, they shouldn’t have ties to the Muggle world, because that sets a...bad example."

"We’re supposed to review the contracts for players, coaches, and support staff, as well," she said. "I’ve got a list here of players who should be getting priority on play time, and a list of players who are meant to get out-of-cycle pay cuts, due to their impact on the public image of the teams." She said all this in as monotone a voice as she could muster. She levitated the two lists down to Lucas, the Quidditch division head. The pay cut list was filled with players who allegedly had Muggle families. The priority list, with those who were supposedly pureblooded. How they ministry had obtained this information, she had no idea. She did not think they kept records this detailed of their own ministry employees, much less of the Quidditch players. "We’ll also have to be firing and replacing a few of the Quidditch mascots and healers," she said. "The Montrose Magpies mascot is the first one that comes to mind... Lucas, if you can call her in and...inform her and any others that have to be fired." She paused. Was that a one person job? She had no sense of what percentage of their league support staff might be Muggleborn. She supposed it could become a big job very quickly. "The whole department can help you with this, regardless of division."

Peggy consulted her notes again. Was that all the Quidditch business? The new security measures at matches weren’t new anymore, so she did not feel she needed to bring that up. And luckily this new regime lacked the imagination to consider that those with Muggle heritage couldn't possibly afford to own any of their own Quidditch teams, so she didn't have to find new buyers for any of the teams, either. That was, at least, a relief.

She paused again for questions, and to gather her thoughts before moving on to their Gobstones business.

ooc: The Montrose Magpies mascot's RPer volunteered that the character is Muggleborn and offered to RP her coming in to be replaced. We're only firing anyone on an OOC volunteer basis.
Old 03-06-2021, 01:48 AM   #136 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12
Default Maaawn, y'all broke Lucas :/

Okay, so was Lucas going to be possibly the only one eating? Possibly. The fact didn’t bother him. Listen, the man was hungry, alright? Despite the circumstances of recent {the whole ‘greater good’ thing and on top of that, Milo’s mysterious absence}, everyone’s got to eat.

Lucas had just enough time to polish off one roll plus take a few sips of coffee before Peggy got down to business. Did the Quidditch Head lose his appetite a few sentences into her speech? Yeah… he did. The plate was pushed away and he grabbed the pen just to have something to do with his hands. He braced himself for whatever bombshell was about to be dropped on him and his co-workers.

Bracing himself did not help.

Lucas felt his heart drop; he was speechless.

It was practically half of the work that he oversaw being cut. More than that, the kids and teens were going to lose out. His grip on his pen began stronger, having it in both of his hands. Of course there was going to be restrictions in terms of blood status. BLOODY OF COURSE.

Suddenly there was a cracking sound. SNAAP!!! The pen broke in half. It was enough to pull Lucas to momentarily forget his anger. “S-sorry.’’ The apology was directed at the room in general and he offered no explanation for the incident. Some of the best players on the teams had Muggle ties. Bloody HELL. Now they wouldn’t have the chance because of their blood status? Something they had no control over? If they were looking into players, then certainly they would be looking into the employees of the Ministry soon enough. Being Muggle born, Lucas was nervous and afraid for himself and his wife and nephew. Because of this, he chose not to object to Peggy’s words and instead muttered a quick Reparo to mend the pen.

With his jaws clenched, he studied the lists. Or rather, attempted to. He was seething so much that he could barely focus on the all too familiar names. To make matters worse, he was being tasked with firing Quidditch mascots and Healers? Could this day get any depressing? No. Strike that. He didn’t want to know. Lucas met Peggy’s gaze. “No. I’ll do it but if you want to be there, that’s fine.’’ He felt hollow, he felt broken. Most of these mascots and healers… he’d been there when they were hired; one didn’t work with this Department for FIFTEEN years and not get to know the persons he had helped select to hire. It was only fair that he gave them the bad news.

Old 03-09-2021, 02:08 AM   #137 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Peggy had not noticed Lucas's name on her list of employees with Muggle heritage, but then again, she hadn't truly read the list. As far as she was concerned, Lucas had been doing an excellent job, and frankly was irreplaceable as Quidditch Division Manager. She preferred to be willfully ignorant about all of their blood statuses, unless it was staring her in the face like that night at the gala.

She was glad that someone, at least, was eating the cinnamon rolls.

She noticed the pen snapping, but said nothing. Maybe he'd just wanted to practice his Reparo. A brief nod as he said he wanted to fire the mascots, scouts, healers, and other support staff himself. She had expected as much. "I'll provide whatever support I can," she said. Moral support, she assumed. Firing people was not an enjoyable task for anyone she knew. "I know these policy changes seem drastic," she said, in a tone that implied some sort of continuation, some sort of "but..." There was no upside, though, so she just...trailed off...

After regaining her floo of thought, she refocused her attention on the agenda in front of her. One last item. "As you all know, Milo Jordan has been missing for several weeks," she said softly. "Until he is found, I'll be asking the Gobstones Division and my other division heads to cover some of his responsibilities. Any personal time or staffing type requests that would normally go to him can be directed to me." It was really disconcerting for one of the division managers to go missing so soon into her new job. Milo was also the one she had known the least, given her lack of experience with Gobstones.

She checked the agenda again, as if hoping to end on a high note. Cinnamon rolls. That had been the attempted high note. Maybe she should have saved them for the end of the meeting, instead of the beginning.

"If there's no more questions, we can adjourn," she said. "I'll leave the coffee and cinnamon rolls for the rest of the day." She paused, realizing that maybe some might have questions...particularly blood status related questions...that they did not want the whole department to be privy to. She did not want anyone to feel shame for their heritage, but she did understand a need for privacy in times of distrust. "As a reminder, you're welcome to stop by my office any time, for any reason, or if you have a question you don't wish to ask the whole group."
Old 03-12-2021, 05:57 AM   #138 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Lucas didn’t trust himself to speak now. In any case, there wasn’t anything that he wanted to say except that he HATED all these stupid changes. It was in his best interest to not do this, however. Imagine being tied to the Muggle world would cause issues in such modern times, times when they were supposed to be thinking progressively. There was a hint of anger mixed with his current state of emotions now.

The mention of Milo Jordan did not help. Merlin knew where the other man was. Lucas was worried for him too. He simply nodded briefly to Peggy to show his support for assisting with Milo’s duties. Hopefully he’d return safe and sound. And soon.

The meeting was over? Lucas was relieved to hear this. He just needed a bit of time alone to get himself together. He stood, grabbed his coffee, extra donut, notepad, newly repaired pen and the list Peggy had given him. Nodding to the others, he made a quick exit.