sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1156 users online including...
Ivana R , duerieple , Svetlahr , MRanker - Fiverr , Svetlsfg

6 members
1150 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Morgan P. Nickles Era

Morgan P. Nickles Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Minister for Magic, Morgan P. Nickles [IC January 2094 - December 2096; OOC October 2017 - October 2018]

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2018, 01:08 PM   #76 (permalink)

DoM & AC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Addison Ayers
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sam Forrester
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Clarke
Accidents & Catastrophes

Okay so Sam wasn't sure if everyone was supposed to be invited to this shindig, but what was the worst that could happen? She arrived just as her stomach started to make that noise.. you know the one. It was quite an achievement for Sam to even pay attention to her stomach anymore, but she knew that the Minister was going to be here and she just couldn't help herself. She walked up to the Minister, who had a few people already nearby, and greeted him.

"Good day to you, Minister. I'm Sam, from Mysteries."
Old 01-30-2018, 05:53 PM   #77 (permalink)
Minister For Magic
Puffskein

Another person Morgan could have done without BOTHERING HIM. He did his best to look cheerful, though, and grace Sam with a broad smile. "Well, Sam from Mysteries, why don't you have a seat - " and he pushed a chair out with his foot so the guy might sit the flippity flop down and not block his way from seeing anyone EAT HIS FOOD.

Merlin's pants. Morgan normally loved brown nosing, too.

Did Ariana want to sit, too?
Old 03-16-2018, 04:56 PM   #78 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9
Default For Ally. ^_^
♥s her SS family l Wifey is MINE | Naughty Niffler l Whittysaur l #awkwardturtle<#

With a sigh, Gabby glanced over her food options. She was in a particular mood today and lunch just hadn't been enough for her. She should have brought more, but it wasn't often she was this hungry. It brought her back to her pregnancies, but fortunately she wasn't expecting a child at the moment; they weren't at the point of trying for another kid. Yet.

Shrugging, she helped herself to done ceasar salad and a grilled chicken wrap. No gross food for her. Nope.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:10 PM   #79 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhittyBitty View Post
With a sigh, Gabby glanced over her food options. She was in a particular mood today and lunch just hadn't been enough for her. She should have brought more, but it wasn't often she was this hungry. It brought her back to her pregnancies, but fortunately she wasn't expecting a child at the moment; they weren't at the point of trying for another kid. Yet.

Shrugging, she helped herself to done ceasar salad and a grilled chicken wrap. No gross food for her. Nope.
Each day when his lunch break came around, Evan didn't waste anytime in going straight to the break room or the food court. Not only was it a few minutes of work free silence for him but he got to eat a meal where there was no yelling, shoving, throwing of food or crying. Life at home with five young kids could be chaotic, especially at meal times.

Getting into line he selected one of the grilled chicken wraps noticing the women ahead of him had done the same. "A fan of the chicken wraps as well, hm?" he commented lightly with a small grin.

You are Bread!
Old 03-22-2018, 04:15 AM   #80 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9
♥s her SS family l Wifey is MINE | Naughty Niffler l Whittysaur l #awkwardturtle<#

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Each day when his lunch break came around, Evan didn't waste anytime in going straight to the break room or the food court. Not only was it a few minutes of work free silence for him but he got to eat a meal where there was no yelling, shoving, throwing of food or crying. Life at home with five young kids could be chaotic, especially at meal times.

Getting into line he selected one of the grilled chicken wraps noticing the women ahead of him had done the same. "A fan of the chicken wraps as well, hm?" he commented lightly with a small grin.
As she was waiting in line, Gabby heard a familiar voice that caused her to smile. "Of course I am, Evan. You DO know me after all." She turned towards him as she spoke and then laughed. It was pretty obvious to a lot of people here by now that she always ate well unless she was pregnant and craving ice cream.

Gabby DID have a perfect figure to maintain, after all. That, and heavy food was just plain gross.

Anyway... "So how are things going with you since we last talked?" Which hadn't really been all that long ago, but still. She did have some interest in his life. He was one of the few men that Gabby actually LIKED talking to.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:19 PM   #81 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:

As she was waiting in line, Gabby heard a familiar voice that caused her to smile. "Of course I am, Evan. You DO know me after all." She turned towards him as she spoke and then laughed. It was pretty obvious to a lot of people here by now that she always ate well unless she was pregnant and craving ice cream.

Gabby DID have a perfect figure to maintain, after all. That, and heavy food was just plain gross.

Anyway... "So how are things going with you since we last talked?" Which hadn't really been all that long ago, but still. She did have some interest in his life. He was one of the few men that Gabby actually LIKED talking to.
Evan gave a quiet laugh in response to Gabby's reply. "Do I?" He of course was teasing her a little bit. She was one of the few people in their department he spoke to most often and through the years had come to know fairly well. Mainly their talks were of work or their children but really what did one expect when they were co-workers.

"Things are going well. The little ones are getting big... always getting into something. Hady is due anytime now with her second child, another little girl." Evan had the widest grin on his face as he spoke about his family. If there was one thing that could always get him talking it was his kids. "How are things with you?" Balancing his plate in his hand he got himself a drink before gesturing towards one of the tables. "Have a seat with me and we can talk more?" Might as well sit down to eat while they talked for a little bit.

You are Bread!
Old 03-29-2018, 08:14 PM   #82 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

Quote:
Evan gave a quiet laugh in response to Gabby's reply. "Do I?" He of course was teasing her a little bit. She was one of the few people in their department he spoke to most often and through the years had come to know fairly well. Mainly their talks were of work or their children but really what did one expect when they were co-workers.

"Things are going well. The little ones are getting big... always getting into something. Hady is due anytime now with her second child, another little girl." Evan had the widest grin on his face as he spoke about his family. If there was one thing that could always get him talking it was his kids. "How are things with you?" Balancing his plate in his hand he got himself a drink before gesturing towards one of the tables. "Have a seat with me and we can talk more?" Might as well sit down to eat while they talked for a little bit.
Gabby rolled her eyes, but gave Evan a smile that more than enough said that she was amused by him. "You better know me by now. I'm certainly not quiet." For one thing it could never be said that she was afraid to speak her mind when it came to things. And they had worked in the same department for quite a few years by now.

As he spoke further, Gabby nodded. She certainly knew how little ones could grow so fast. It was the news of Hady's upcoming baby that was more surprising... not that it was TOO shocking; she herself had two babies with less than a year between them. "Really? How exciting. Hopefully they can manage well with all that..." Seeing as they WERE still rather young. At least they had people who could help them out if needed. "Things are pretty good for me as well. I'm starting to want another baby myself." It was something that they had been considering for a little while now though hadn't thought too much on as of yet.

"Sure!" Food and drink in hand, she took a seat at the table.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:45 PM   #83 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:

Gabby rolled her eyes, but gave Evan a smile that more than enough said that she was amused by him. "You better know me by now. I'm certainly not quiet." For one thing it could never be said that she was afraid to speak her mind when it came to things. And they had worked in the same department for quite a few years by now.

As he spoke further, Gabby nodded. She certainly knew how little ones could grow so fast. It was the news of Hady's upcoming baby that was more surprising... not that it was TOO shocking; she herself had two babies with less than a year between them. "Really? How exciting. Hopefully they can manage well with all that..." Seeing as they WERE still rather young. At least they had people who could help them out if needed. "Things are pretty good for me as well. I'm starting to want another baby myself." It was something that they had been considering for a little while now though hadn't thought too much on as of yet.

"Sure!" Food and drink in hand, she took a seat at the table.
Right away Evan chuckled quietly. "You're not that loud either," he commented lightly. He knew she spoke her mind and was always honest but he didn't find her over the top like some others could be. Over the years he had actually come to find comfort in the women's opinions when she gave them.

The look on Gabby's face was undeniable. "Yes. Nova will be just over a year and a half when the new baby arrives. They've been doing well with getting things ready and preparing Nova." If there was one thing he knew about expecting a new baby it was that you had to prepare the other children beforehand... if there was other children that is. He was pride of his daughter and her family, both Hady and Frankie still working to start on their careers even with a young one at home and another on the way. "Oh? Good luck with that when you decide the time is right." He was done with kids. As much as he loved his own he knew he didn't want anymore.

Evan sat down at the table across from her. "So how are you handling all the extra hours we've been working?"

You are Bread!
Old 04-04-2018, 07:43 PM   #84 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

Quote:
Right away Evan chuckled quietly. "You're not that loud either," he commented lightly. He knew she spoke her mind and was always honest but he didn't find her over the top like some others could be. Over the years he had actually come to find comfort in the women's opinions when she gave them.

The look on Gabby's face was undeniable. "Yes. Nova will be just over a year and a half when the new baby arrives. They've been doing well with getting things ready and preparing Nova." If there was one thing he knew about expecting a new baby it was that you had to prepare the other children beforehand... if there was other children that is. He was pride of his daughter and her family, both Hady and Frankie still working to start on their careers even with a young one at home and another on the way. "Oh? Good luck with that when you decide the time is right." He was done with kids. As much as he loved his own he knew he didn't want anymore.

Evan sat down at the table across from her. "So how are you handling all the extra hours we've been working?"
She wasn't loud? That wasn't something that Gabby was told too often; a lot of people seemed to want her to shut up with opinions - not that she cared. Or listened to them. "Now that is something else that we agree on." Because really her input was important (because she was always right) and a lot of people were just too stupid to realise it. Not Evan and a few others though. THEY were smart.

Well, just so long as they were getting everything sorted out for the new baby... Gabby was sure that Hady and her husband would do all right with everything, but still it was a lot to deal with, having TWO babies to take care of. "That's good. Have they chosen a name for her yet?" Some people liked to sort that out well in advance, and others preferred to wait until the baby was born; personally to her it made more sense to be prepared, but then that was just the rational part of her brain not being able to shut down ever. "Thanks. Hopefully there will be no problems with that. I am assuming that you are finished with having children." Now Evan could continue focusing on being a grandfather instead, since there was another baby arriving soon.

"Oh, pretty well. I like to think that I deal with pressure well." Gabby dealt with EVERYTHING well. "What about you?" She took a bite of her wrap.
Old 04-07-2018, 01:11 PM   #85 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:

She wasn't loud? That wasn't something that Gabby was told too often; a lot of people seemed to want her to shut up with opinions - not that she cared. Or listened to them. "Now that is something else that we agree on." Because really her input was important (because she was always right) and a lot of people were just too stupid to realise it. Not Evan and a few others though. THEY were smart.

Well, just so long as they were getting everything sorted out for the new baby... Gabby was sure that Hady and her husband would do all right with everything, but still it was a lot to deal with, having TWO babies to take care of. "That's good. Have they chosen a name for her yet?" Some people liked to sort that out well in advance, and others preferred to wait until the baby was born; personally to her it made more sense to be prepared, but then that was just the rational part of her brain not being able to shut down ever. "Thanks. Hopefully there will be no problems with that. I am assuming that you are finished with having children." Now Evan could continue focusing on being a grandfather instead, since there was another baby arriving soon.

"Oh, pretty well. I like to think that I deal with pressure well." Gabby dealt with EVERYTHING well. "What about you?" She took a bite of her wrap.
Evan chuckled lightly. "Ladies aren't loud. They're just opinionated and like to get their point across." He knew how to watch what he was saying and just how he said things. With a wife, a grown daughter, a sister, younger daughters, nieces and granddaughters he knew not to make them angry. "A strong, confident, independent women who know's what she's talking about is a wonderful thing."

"I believe they have but they're once again choosing to keep the name a secret for now." As they had with the birth of his granddaughter Nova. "I'm sure the name will be a reflection on something Hady and Frankie both love just like how they chose Nova's name." Something that was meaningful to them. Evan nodded right away. "Very much done. When the kids are having kids of their own it's time to go into spoiling the grandbabies mode." Which is what he was already doing. Well all the kids were spoiled to an extent anyhow.

Starting in on his wrap he waited until he swallowed his food before speaking, "Decently, I suppose. I'm getting things done in a timely manner so that has to count for something."

You are Bread!
Old 04-15-2018, 08:17 PM   #86 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

Quote:
Evan chuckled lightly. "Ladies aren't loud. They're just opinionated and like to get their point across." He knew how to watch what he was saying and just how he said things. With a wife, a grown daughter, a sister, younger daughters, nieces and granddaughters he knew not to make them angry. "A strong, confident, independent women who know's what she's talking about is a wonderful thing."

"I believe they have but they're once again choosing to keep the name a secret for now." As they had with the birth of his granddaughter Nova. "I'm sure the name will be a reflection on something Hady and Frankie both love just like how they chose Nova's name." Something that was meaningful to them. Evan nodded right away. "Very much done. When the kids are having kids of their own it's time to go into spoiling the grandbabies mode." Which is what he was already doing. Well all the kids were spoiled to an extent anyhow.

Starting in on his wrap he waited until he swallowed his food before speaking, "Decently, I suppose. I'm getting things done in a timely manner so that has to count for something."
It was a good thing that Gabby had swallowed the food that had been in her mouth, because Evan had her laughing with his next words; it was obvious to see that he had been trained well, or at least had a lot of experience with woman. Of course she knew that not ALL women were that way, but a lot of them could be and she was one of them. She liked to be HEARD. "It sure is, and I tick all of those boxes." No modesty from her, and she was not in the least bit ashamed of it; if people had a problem with her, it was on them. She was just living her best loud, opinionated life and enjoying every second of it.

Nod. It seemed like Evan would be finding out the name soon and then Gabby would be as well, since she would be asking him about it after the baby was born. "What is the importance of Nova?" Just asking because she couldn't see it herself. "We chose Italian names for our daughters. That was basically the criteria for it." She laughed. If there WAS another baby coming along at some point, she wondered if they were going to do the same thing; probably, but she couldn't say for sure at this point since it wasn't even a reality at this point in time.

Efficiency really was important and something that Gabby prided herself with. "I think it does, and maybe something interesting to work on will come up again." Transportation could be pretty boring, but it was nice when they were called on to do things beyond the standard paperwork and what not.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:31 PM   #87 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:

It was a good thing that Gabby had swallowed the food that had been in her mouth, because Evan had her laughing with his next words; it was obvious to see that he had been trained well, or at least had a lot of experience with woman. Of course she knew that not ALL women were that way, but a lot of them could be and she was one of them. She liked to be HEARD. "It sure is, and I tick all of those boxes." No modesty from her, and she was not in the least bit ashamed of it; if people had a problem with her, it was on them. She was just living her best loud, opinionated life and enjoying every second of it.

Nod. It seemed like Evan would be finding out the name soon and then Gabby would be as well, since she would be asking him about it after the baby was born. "What is the importance of Nova?" Just asking because she couldn't see it herself. "We chose Italian names for our daughters. That was basically the criteria for it." She laughed. If there WAS another baby coming along at some point, she wondered if they were going to do the same thing; probably, but she couldn't say for sure at this point since it wasn't even a reality at this point in time.

Efficiency really was important and something that Gabby prided herself with. "I think it does, and maybe something interesting to work on will come up again." Transportation could be pretty boring, but it was nice when they were called on to do things beyond the standard paperwork and what not.
While his words hadn't been meant to be funny, the fact of the matter was it was. Not only was he married with two adult daughters as well but he had been married once before and had a sister. He was more than used to how women could be. "And there's not a thing wrong with that. If you don't speak up for yourself no one else is going to." This was something instilled in him from childhood. No one looked out for you better than yourself... your parents could only look out for you for so long.

"From what my daughter says there's several different meanings of the name, however she favors the Native American meaning which is 'Chases Butterfly'. Hady always had a thing for butterflies growing up... making it special to her." Evan explained with a small grin. There was more to the reason behind it but that was a whole other story in itself. "When my younger children were born my wife and I went with names that we both liked that complimented the other names." Everyone had their own reasons behind the names they chose for their children.

After swallowing a mouthful of food he nodded in agreement. "It wouldn't surprise me one bit if something interesting happened in the department."

You are Bread!
Old 04-20-2018, 04:41 AM   #88 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

Quote:
While his words hadn't been meant to be funny, the fact of the matter was it was. Not only was he married with two adult daughters as well but he had been married once before and had a sister. He was more than used to how women could be. "And there's not a thing wrong with that. If you don't speak up for yourself no one else is going to." This was something instilled in him from childhood. No one looked out for you better than yourself... your parents could only look out for you for so long.

"From what my daughter says there's several different meanings of the name, however she favors the Native American meaning which is 'Chases Butterfly'. Hady always had a thing for butterflies growing up... making it special to her." Evan explained with a small grin. There was more to the reason behind it but that was a whole other story in itself. "When my younger children were born my wife and I went with names that we both liked that complimented the other names." Everyone had their own reasons behind the names they chose for their children.

After swallowing a mouthful of food he nodded in agreement. "It wouldn't surprise me one bit if something interesting happened in the department."
”Truer words have never been spoken, and that is something that I want my girls to know.” There was no way that Gabby would ever let Valeria and Liana be walked over or too afraid to speak their minds; her daughters would be loud and go after all they wanted in the world. Or at least that was her hope... Really, she would love them with all her heart no matter how they turned out, but she really wanted the best for them in this life. Archer obviously did too.

Chases Butterfly? That was certainly interesting, Gabby mused as the ate more of the wrap. Native stuff wasn’t really her thing, nor were butterflies, but there were worse things in the world. Some parents chose absolutely idiotic names for their children. ”Well, it is a pretty name that’s for sure.” Not as nice as her girls’ names, but yeah. Still nice. ”Now that’s a logical approach. I like that.” All this talk had her thinking more and more about some possible names for the future child. Gabby had to remind herself that this was not the time for such things, that it made more sense for her to wait. Really, she just wanted to have another baby with her husband and for it to be planned this time.

”So long as it’s not as crazy as what happens at Hogwarts, I’m good with anything.” Beacause yeah, that was a bit much.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:32 PM   #89 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:

”Truer words have never been spoken, and that is something that I want my girls to know.” There was no way that Gabby would ever let Valeria and Liana be walked over or too afraid to speak their minds; her daughters would be loud and go after all they wanted in the world. Or at least that was her hope... Really, she would love them with all her heart no matter how they turned out, but she really wanted the best for them in this life. Archer obviously did too.

Chases Butterfly? That was certainly interesting, Gabby mused as the ate more of the wrap. Native stuff wasn’t really her thing, nor were butterflies, but there were worse things in the world. Some parents chose absolutely idiotic names for their children. ”Well, it is a pretty name that’s for sure.” Not as nice as her girls’ names, but yeah. Still nice. ”Now that’s a logical approach. I like that.” All this talk had her thinking more and more about some possible names for the future child. Gabby had to remind herself that this was not the time for such things, that it made more sense for her to wait. Really, she just wanted to have another baby with her husband and for it to be planned this time.

”So long as it’s not as crazy as what happens at Hogwarts, I’m good with anything.” Beacause yeah, that was a bit much.
A slight grin formed on the mans face when Gabby agreed with him. "It's what I'm teaching my girls as well. My boys too. As well as my granddaughter." This also included any other grandchildren he might be graced with over the years. "I won't tolerate disrespect from them in anyway but I do want them to know that they have every right to their own opinions and values." Raised one very strong, smart, capable daughter already and wants his other children to be the same way.

The topic of names could sometimes be a touchy one. People were different. Tastes varied, styles varied, cultures were taken into account. "It is. They like it and it seems to suit her nicely." That's all that mattered really. The parents liked the name they chose. "When you have a lot of kids it's not always easy to have a pattern or keep a certain flow when naming them." There had been a LOT of discussion about what they liked and didn't like.

"Mm... I'm getting to old to deal with anything that's happening at Hogwarts nowadays," Evan chuckled lightly. He mainly only knew what was happening there right now due to his nephew attending the school.

You are Bread!
Old 04-24-2018, 08:15 PM   #90 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

Quote:
A slight grin formed on the mans face when Gabby agreed with him. "It's what I'm teaching my girls as well. My boys too. As well as my granddaughter." This also included any other grandchildren he might be graced with over the years. "I won't tolerate disrespect from them in anyway but I do want them to know that they have every right to their own opinions and values." Raised one very strong, smart, capable daughter already and wants his other children to be the same way.

The topic of names could sometimes be a touchy one. People were different. Tastes varied, styles varied, cultures were taken into account. "It is. They like it and it seems to suit her nicely." That's all that mattered really. The parents liked the name they chose. "When you have a lot of kids it's not always easy to have a pattern or keep a certain flow when naming them." There had been a LOT of discussion about what they liked and didn't like.

"Mm... I'm getting to old to deal with anything that's happening at Hogwarts nowadays," Evan chuckled lightly. He mainly only knew what was happening there right now due to his nephew attending the school.
Evan really seemed to be on the exact same page as Gabby when it came to things like parenting, and that made her smile. It was nice to have people that she got along with since so many of them were tiring. Those ones she didn't associate with unless she had to, and that made life so much easier and happier for her. "They are going to grow up to be just as wonderful as they are now." Yep, that was high praise from her. Hopefully they wouldn't lose sight of things as they grew older and forgot all those valuable lessons they were being taught.

Nod. Gabby was pleased that things were going great for Evan's daughter and her family. "I'm glad to hear that things are going so well with them. Family is the most important thing in life. Without them, you don't really have much of anything." People who didn't appreciate what they had with their family were idiots. "True, though fortunately I don't think that I will run into that problem. I'm not having more than three kids tops." If Archer wanted more, he'd be disappointed. Though she had a feeling that he wouldn't want more than three either, so it was all good in the end.

"Okay, you're reminding me that I am getting old too." Gabby laughed and shook her head. Really she didn't feel that old at all. She was still young and beautiful. Though sometimes she had her moments where she doubted it for a second. Fortunately that didn't happen too often...
Old 04-25-2018, 01:14 PM   #91 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:

Evan really seemed to be on the exact same page as Gabby when it came to things like parenting, and that made her smile. It was nice to have people that she got along with since so many of them were tiring. Those ones she didn't associate with unless she had to, and that made life so much easier and happier for her. "They are going to grow up to be just as wonderful as they are now." Yep, that was high praise from her. Hopefully they wouldn't lose sight of things as they grew older and forgot all those valuable lessons they were being taught.

Nod. Gabby was pleased that things were going great for Evan's daughter and her family. "I'm glad to hear that things are going so well with them. Family is the most important thing in life. Without them, you don't really have much of anything." People who didn't appreciate what they had with their family were idiots. "True, though fortunately I don't think that I will run into that problem. I'm not having more than three kids tops." If Archer wanted more, he'd be disappointed. Though she had a feeling that he wouldn't want more than three either, so it was all good in the end.

"Okay, you're reminding me that I am getting old too." Gabby laughed and shook her head. Really she didn't feel that old at all. She was still young and beautiful. Though sometimes she had her moments where she doubted it for a second. Fortunately that didn't happen too often...
"As long as they don't end up like how I was growing up, I'll be more than happy." That's all he needed. He had changed drastically over the years and was much happier now than he had ever been. Evan took a bit of his wrap wiping his mouth with his napkin.

The more he talked with Gabby during their lunch breaks the more he came to find that they did have similar things in common. "Before I remarried our family was very small now it's grown much larger than I could have every thought possible. The funny thing about it is that it feels as if it's always been this way." That was what made it perfect. How easy the transition had been. How well everyone had gotten along. Evan laughed. "You say that now but you never know what happens." Take him for example. He never thought he would have any kids.

Evan waved a hand at her as if to shush her laughing. "If you're old than I'm ancient," he joked. "I'm the one who's daughter has children remember?" Where had the time gone?

You are Bread!
Old 05-03-2018, 05:55 AM   #92 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

Quote:
"As long as they don't end up like how I was growing up, I'll be more than happy." That's all he needed. He had changed drastically over the years and was much happier now than he had ever been. Evan took a bit of his wrap wiping his mouth with his napkin.

The more he talked with Gabby during their lunch breaks the more he came to find that they did have similar things in common. "Before I remarried our family was very small now it's grown much larger than I could have every thought possible. The funny thing about it is that it feels as if it's always been this way." That was what made it perfect. How easy the transition had been. How well everyone had gotten along. Evan laughed. "You say that now but you never know what happens." Take him for example. He never thought he would have any kids.

Evan waved a hand at her as if to shush her laughing. "If you're old than I'm ancient," he joked. "I'm the one who's daughter has children remember?" Where had the time gone?
Gabby hadn't heard too much about how Evan had been growing up, but she had learned enough from his sister to have gotten an idea. It just went to show how a person could change for the better. She, of course, had been amazing since birth, but a lot of other people weren't nearly as lucky. "I'm sure they will turn out to be just fine. What with their parents as a good example. And Hady as well, of course." Because she was another example in their lives. After giving him a smile, she took another bite of her wrap.

This was something that she could definitely relate to. Gabby had a smaller family as well, seeing as her first husband hadn't had a lot of relatives and she didn't have any kids with him... "Same with me. Not that Archer's family is massive or anything, but my first husband had a very small family. And of course now I have two kids." Not that it was a lot or anything, but it was something. Evan's next comment got a laugh from her. "Touche. If you asked me ten years ago if I ever wanted children, I would have called you crazy." But look at her now. "I never even expected the ones that I have now." Though of course she loved them with all her heart - that went without saying.

More laughter followed. "True, but we are still young at heart. And we certainly are young compared to Dumbledore." That man had been REALLY old when he died.
Old 05-05-2018, 02:34 PM   #93 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:

Gabby hadn't heard too much about how Evan had been growing up, but she had learned enough from his sister to have gotten an idea. It just went to show how a person could change for the better. She, of course, had been amazing since birth, but a lot of other people weren't nearly as lucky. "I'm sure they will turn out to be just fine. What with their parents as a good example. And Hady as well, of course." Because she was another example in their lives. After giving him a smile, she took another bite of her wrap.

This was something that she could definitely relate to. Gabby had a smaller family as well, seeing as her first husband hadn't had a lot of relatives and she didn't have any kids with him... "Same with me. Not that Archer's family is massive or anything, but my first husband had a very small family. And of course now I have two kids." Not that it was a lot or anything, but it was something. Evan's next comment got a laugh from her. "Touche. If you asked me ten years ago if I ever wanted children, I would have called you crazy." But look at her now. "I never even expected the ones that I have now." Though of course she loved them with all her heart - that went without saying.

More laughter followed. "True, but we are still young at heart. And we certainly are young compared to Dumbledore." That man had been REALLY old when he died.
Children needed good role models in their lives in order to grow up and become well rounded adults. His kids certainly had that, Gabby was right. "I'm sure you're right. With all the hard workers in our family now there's so many people the little ones can look up to." It was very different from when he had been growing up.

This was how it was with his previous marriage as well. His first wife had no siblings and couldn't have children, Hadleigh had been adopted and he kept custody when they divorced. "It's funny how quickly things can change. I never thought I would remarry or have more children let so many." Yet he wouldn't change a single thing.

Evan laughed out loud. Thank goodness he didn't have any food in his mouth just than of he might have choked on it! "Thankfully! Could you picture me raising toddlers at that mans age!" He couldn't!"

You are Bread!
Old 05-09-2018, 05:47 PM   #94 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

Quote:
Children needed good role models in their lives in order to grow up and become well rounded adults. His kids certainly had that, Gabby was right. "I'm sure you're right. With all the hard workers in our family now there's so many people the little ones can look up to." It was very different from when he had been growing up.

This was how it was with his previous marriage as well. His first wife had no siblings and couldn't have children, Hadleigh had been adopted and he kept custody when they divorced. "It's funny how quickly things can change. I never thought I would remarry or have more children let so many." Yet he wouldn't change a single thing.

Evan laughed out loud. Thank goodness he didn't have any food in his mouth just than of he might have choked on it! "Thankfully! Could you picture me raising toddlers at that mans age!" He couldn't!"
Of course she was right, Evan; Gabby was ALWAYS right. Hadn't he learned that by now after all the time that they had known each other? Already it felt like forever, but that might just be because working at the Ministry could be so dull that she felt her life was wasting away there. "Exactly. I know all about how you were when you were younger. Though really, you didn't sound THAT bad." Just annoying and bratty, but not as bad as some kids could be.

Gabby grinned. "Life certainly played us good. We ended up where we least expected to, but also MUCH better than we expected to." That was something that they were both happy and grateful for. "Even though I can't travel nearly as much as I did before I was a mother, I wouldn't change it for anything. Now we get to have family trips." She and Archer were just the kind of people that didn't like to sit still, and that was one of the reasons why they were perfect for each other.

Well, she was quite the comedian it seemed. Gabby grinned once she had stopped laughing. "That would be very interesting to see, though I think we will last that long. Not that I am complaining." Being old and wrinkly was just no. Not going to happen.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:11 PM   #95 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:

Of course she was right, Evan; Gabby was ALWAYS right. Hadn't he learned that by now after all the time that they had known each other? Already it felt like forever, but that might just be because working at the Ministry could be so dull that she felt her life was wasting away there. "Exactly. I know all about how you were when you were younger. Though really, you didn't sound THAT bad." Just annoying and bratty, but not as bad as some kids could be.

Gabby grinned. "Life certainly played us good. We ended up where we least expected to, but also MUCH better than we expected to." That was something that they were both happy and grateful for. "Even though I can't travel nearly as much as I did before I was a mother, I wouldn't change it for anything. Now we get to have family trips." She and Archer were just the kind of people that didn't like to sit still, and that was one of the reasons why they were perfect for each other.

Well, she was quite the comedian it seemed. Gabby grinned once she had stopped laughing. "That would be very interesting to see, though I think we will last that long. Not that I am complaining." Being old and wrinkly was just no. Not going to happen.
He didn't sound that bad. Addison must not have told Gabby very much about him then. That or the younger sister clearly sugar coated his behavior making him appear better than he really had been. "I'm not entirely sure what it is you know however if you're saying that I'd much rather keep it that way." Sometimes it was best to not to bring up years that far in the past. Evan had long out grown his previous ways and there was no sense in dragging up all that was tucked away.

"Change can be for the best." It might not always seem like it in the moment but give it some time and good things can and do happen. Won't deny that he is a very pleased with how his life has turned out. Nods in understanding. "Family trips will quickly become something not only will Archer and yourself will treasure but the kids will as well. Hady still brings up trips that we went on when she was smaller that she wants to take her girls on now. It's nice to think that the cycles going to continue." The love of travel was strong in their family. A sense of wonder, learning.

Evan might be in his forties raising his several young children still but there were plenty of people out there older then him. "I'll settle for getting to see my kids grow up. If I make it that long I'll be happy."

You are Bread!