Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 883 users online including...
Stevendalo , Austinwals , Davidwoomb , Chelliephone , Edwardsub , Ronaldsnut

12 members
871 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Morgan P. Nickles Era

Morgan P. Nickles Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Minister for Magic, Morgan P. Nickles [IC January 2094 - December 2096; OOC October 2017 - October 2018]

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2017, 11:54 PM   #101 (permalink)

DMAC
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maisey Wilde
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBA?
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Dahlia Blaze
Accidents & Catastrophes
x5
❅ Purple Lightsaber ❅| | Captain Sarcastic |

It was already almost the end of the day. Mercedes had decided to wait until near the end of the day to do this. She had just finished the last thing on her to do list. She packed her things up and signed off on a few more things, before getting up and heading toward her department head office.

She stopped at the door. Taking a deep breath, she didn't know why she was so nervous. Standing tall, she lifted her arm and knocked on the open as its usual position was door. Here it goes. The blonde smiled as she waited to be invited in. Mariel was in there right?

You are Bread!
Old 04-02-2017, 01:38 AM   #102 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
If Mariel said she had things covered, then that was exactly what was happening. Plus, she knew if she needed anything done, he hoped she knew she could always count on him. And she always had words of wisdom to offer. Lucas remained quiet as she explained. Woops, had his opinion been showing that much? Embarrassment clouded his face. “You’re right. I’ll keep that in mind.’’ He paused for a moment, trying to think of exactly why he had let himself get so biased. “I’m just too passionate about the topic, I reckon. I know using this kind of turf will help the department and Ministry as a whole a lot.’’ Why was he so loyal to this place?

“Well, there’s obviously a question and answer segment that we can have. Is that too boring?’’ Lucas didn’t want to make anyone drop off to sleep in any way. “We can use magic to have a hologram or two set up to give basic information to anyone who wants to know more. Or we can have also have other members of the department there to interact.’’
Mariel knew that Lucas would be completely professional so she was not worried. She had chosen him for this assignment for a reason. But she knew it wouldn't hurt to at least mention it and keep that as a reminder for him to keep the presentation unbiased. "Hmm." She murmured softly as she leaned back in her chair and fixed him with a thoughtful gaze. "I can't say that everyone thinks that way... Of course, I do think it is beneficial for you to speak on why you fell that turf is a good thing. But I for one am not a fan of it. It isn't for me to decide though. So make sure you are effectively communicating both sides of the issue." She was sure she could count on him, even if it incited a healthy debate. And even if she and him did not agree.

"Well, question and answer is to be expected, but that's not exactly what I mean." And no, having someone to talk to or extra information at the end was not what she meant by interactive either. "I mean more of an activity that can engage and interest people. Perhaps something like having two areas set up, each having a patch of real grass or artificial turf. Perhaps they can test out what it's like for themselves somehow." People liked visual aids. Or some sort of game that was relatable. Lucas could think outside the box, yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcasticStrawberry View Post
It was already almost the end of the day. Mercedes had decided to wait until near the end of the day to do this. She had just finished the last thing on her to do list. She packed her things up and signed off on a few more things, before getting up and heading toward her department head office.

She stopped at the door. Taking a deep breath, she didn't know why she was so nervous. Standing tall, she lifted her arm and knocked on the open as its usual position was door. Here it goes. The blonde smiled as she waited to be invited in. Mariel was in there right?
It had been a long day full of meetings and paperwork. There had been a dispute with one of the gobstones player's contracts that she had to revise with the team manager before that could be made official. Hopefully it would save that team a lawsuit, but it had originally been a mess that somehow been overlooked and she had to help rectify. Things like that would work so much easier if she still had a division manager, but that was yet to happen. She wasn't sure that her employees in the gobstones division were ready for that step, though she did have an idea about how to solve her issue. She just had to figure out how to make it work.

Mariel was just about ready to go home though. She was ready to call an end to this day and perhaps she could arrange a meeting tomorrow to see if her idea would work. Well, after figuring it out on paper. But as she straightened her papers on her desk and grabbed a stack to file, she heard a knock on the door. Oh? She glanced at the opened door to see Mercedes on the other side. "Hi," she smiled. "Come on in." She was curious what would bring her by at the end of the day.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line
Old 04-04-2017, 02:43 AM   #103 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Mariel! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Mariel knew that Lucas would be completely professional so she was not worried. She had chosen him for this assignment for a reason. But she knew it wouldn't hurt to at least mention it and keep that as a reminder for him to keep the presentation unbiased. "Hmm." She murmured softly as she leaned back in her chair and fixed him with a thoughtful gaze. "I can't say that everyone thinks that way... Of course, I do think it is beneficial for you to speak on why you fell that turf is a good thing. But I for one am not a fan of it. It isn't for me to decide though. So make sure you are effectively communicating both sides of the issue." She was sure she could count on him, even if it incited a healthy debate. And even if she and him did not agree.

"Well, question and answer is to be expected, but that's not exactly what I mean." And no, having someone to talk to or extra information at the end was not what she meant by interactive either. "I mean more of an activity that can engage and interest people. Perhaps something like having two areas set up, each having a patch of real grass or artificial turf. Perhaps they can test out what it's like for themselves somehow." People liked visual aids. Or some sort of game that was relatable. Lucas could think outside the box, yes?

Lucas nodding, his embarrassment fading as Mariel explained the importance of both sides of the arguments. "I'm glad we've had this talk because I would have probably gone up in front of everyone to defend the pros of it.'' He laughed a little, attempting a joke though they were so not his thing. "But I understand. I'll lay out the arguments for both sides, Mariel. You can be sure of it.'' Determined... Lucas was determined to do this right!

Ah, that sort of thing. Lucas was silent for a moment, considering Mariel's idea. "Maybe we can do a comparison. Have the real and artificial turfs beside each other, yes, but have we can have multiple of them. Let's say side by side number one, that can depict how long the respective turf keep their appearance without maintenance.'' He thought some more. "Would it be okay to have a big enough patch of both turfs so that the audience can test out which they would rather land on and take off from? Of course we'd need broomsticks too...'' Or was this too much?

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 04-10-2017, 01:35 AM   #104 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

Quote:
Lucas nodding, his embarrassment fading as Mariel explained the importance of both sides of the arguments. "I'm glad we've had this talk because I would have probably gone up in front of everyone to defend the pros of it.'' He laughed a little, attempting a joke though they were so not his thing. "But I understand. I'll lay out the arguments for both sides, Mariel. You can be sure of it.'' Determined... Lucas was determined to do this right!

Ah, that sort of thing. Lucas was silent for a moment, considering Mariel's idea. "Maybe we can do a comparison. Have the real and artificial turfs beside each other, yes, but have we can have multiple of them. Let's say side by side number one, that can depict how long the respective turf keep their appearance without maintenance.'' He thought some more. "Would it be okay to have a big enough patch of both turfs so that the audience can test out which they would rather land on and take off from? Of course we'd need broomsticks too...'' Or was this too much?
[/CENTER]
Mariel nodded as Lucas spoke, not really laughing in return but instead giving him a small smile. "Oh, nonsense. I know you would have spoken about it unbiased and professionally," she said. She had complete confidence in him. "I just wanted to look over your notes and go over some of the talking points." And she nodded again as he reassured that he would do just that.

She kept quiet a moment as Lucas considered her ideas and waited to hear thoughts of his own. "Okay.. I kind of like that. I think that could be doable." She thought it over some more, trying to mentally picture it. "Interesting... Well, we'll have to see how much space we are allotted but it might be possible. If not, perhaps at least a patch big enough to walk on." But she jotted down a few notes, just so she would remember to ask how much space they might have and what could potentially work.

_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line
Old 04-11-2017, 02:25 PM   #105 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
Mariel nodded as Lucas spoke, not really laughing in return but instead giving him a small smile. "Oh, nonsense. I know you would have spoken about it unbiased and professionally," she said. She had complete confidence in him. "I just wanted to look over your notes and go over some of the talking points." And she nodded again as he reassured that he would do just that.

She kept quiet a moment as Lucas considered her ideas and waited to hear thoughts of his own. "Okay.. I kind of like that. I think that could be doable." She thought it over some more, trying to mentally picture it. "Interesting... Well, we'll have to see how much space we are allotted but it might be possible. If not, perhaps at least a patch big enough to walk on." But she jotted down a few notes, just so she would remember to ask how much space they might have and what could potentially work.

Lucas felt comfortable again now that Mariel assured him of the confidence she had in him; all that embarrassment from earlier had evaporated. It was really nice to have such an understanding boss. He nodded now. "I hope we can get something big enough. It'll be much simpler to let the audience get a feel of the turfs for themselves.''

He was silent for a moment as he tried to brainstorm more ideas but nothing came to him at present. "I'll ask Tallie to help think of ideas when we get home,'' he said, eyes lighting up as he mentioned her. She was usually good at stuff like this, with a brain like hers. "And possibly Mercedes and the others can pitch in as well.''

Old 04-14-2017, 02:48 PM   #106 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

Quote:

Lucas felt comfortable again now that Mariel assured him of the confidence she had in him; all that embarrassment from earlier had evaporated. It was really nice to have such an understanding boss. He nodded now. "I hope we can get something big enough. It'll be much simpler to let the audience get a feel of the turfs for themselves.''

He was silent for a moment as he tried to brainstorm more ideas but nothing came to him at present. "I'll ask Tallie to help think of ideas when we get home,'' he said, eyes lighting up as he mentioned her. She was usually good at stuff like this, with a brain like hers. "And possibly Mercedes and the others can pitch in as well.''
"Honestly, it's probably not very likely," Mariel mused aloud. "Not with the number of speakers and presentations we have scheduled for the event. But we'll see. Even just a small example will be helpful, though I agree having something large enough to take off and land a broom would be ideal." People always seemed to need visual aids to understand much of anything. But she was sure they would be able to pull off a great presentation.

Mariel gave Lucas an odd look. She knew he and Tallie shared living space, but they were also co-workers. "Why don't you simply speak to the rest of your team in the office? I'm sure everyone would have something to contribute." She knew Victoria held regular meetings and spoke on the subject at hand at least once, but it wouldn't hurt to look at it with fresh eyes.

Old 04-15-2017, 02:38 PM   #107 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
"Honestly, it's probably not very likely," Mariel mused aloud. "Not with the number of speakers and presentations we have scheduled for the event. But we'll see. Even just a small example will be helpful, though I agree having something large enough to take off and land a broom would be ideal." People always seemed to need visual aids to understand much of anything. But she was sure they would be able to pull off a great presentation.

Mariel gave Lucas an odd look. She knew he and Tallie shared living space, but they were also co-workers. "Why don't you simply speak to the rest of your team in the office? I'm sure everyone would have something to contribute." She knew Victoria held regular meetings and spoke on the subject at hand at least once, but it wouldn't hurt to look at it with fresh eyes.

Lucas nodded again. He was leaning towards something was big enough to attract much attention but he could adjust to something smaller, just as long as it had the outcome they were hoping for. But what was that look that Mariel just gave him? It was difficult for him to assess what that look meant. "Is something the matter?"

Her suggestion did made him forget about it momentarily though. "I will. They'll give us some great suggestions, I know.'' It's times like these he loved his department. Everyone was always willing to pitch in. Especially Tallie. Excuse him for being bias. As a matter of fact, the moment he left here, he'd get right on getting some suggestions from them.

Old 04-16-2017, 02:33 AM   #108 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

A streak of silver slipped into the room and the voice of Victoria Culloden came from the creature. "Mariel there is some strange box that will not open in the patents office. Adam, Javi, and I are in there, but it has some Runes on it that none of us know how to read. Please come as soon as you can." As soon as the message was said the creature vanished.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:52 PM   #109 (permalink)

DMAC
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maisey Wilde
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBA?
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Dahlia Blaze
Accidents & Catastrophes
x5
❅ Purple Lightsaber ❅| | Captain Sarcastic |

Quote:
It had been a long day full of meetings and paperwork. There had been a dispute with one of the gobstones player's contracts that she had to revise with the team manager before that could be made official. Hopefully it would save that team a lawsuit, but it had originally been a mess that somehow been overlooked and she had to help rectify. Things like that would work so much easier if she still had a division manager, but that was yet to happen. She wasn't sure that her employees in the gobstones division were ready for that step, though she did have an idea about how to solve her issue. She just had to figure out how to make it work.

Mariel was just about ready to go home though. She was ready to call an end to this day and perhaps she could arrange a meeting tomorrow to see if her idea would work. Well, after figuring it out on paper. But as she straightened her papers on her desk and grabbed a stack to file, she heard a knock on the door. Oh? She glanced at the opened door to see Mercedes on the other side. "Hi," she smiled. "Come on in." She was curious what would bring her by at the end of the day.
The blonde took another deep breath. She was nervous, but she tired her best to hide it. She had been in the department for many years now, still doing the same thing. Not that she did love what she did because she did. Stepping into the office she smiled. "Hello Mariel." Moving closer to her department heads desk. She wasn't going to sit down quite yet.

"I wanted to talk to you about possibly taking a new position." She knew that there were a few open. She really just wanted more of a change, and didn't want to leave the department. She knew that the Gobstones Division Manager as well as the Recreational Sports Division Manager. Mercedes felt that she had been around long enough to take on either of those roles. But if Mariel wanted her to stay where see was with her experience then she would understand. Knowing that those positions needed to be filled. She was wanted to put her name in for when the time came.

You are Bread!
Old 04-18-2017, 09:57 PM   #110 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

Quote:

Lucas nodded again. He was leaning towards something was big enough to attract much attention but he could adjust to something smaller, just as long as it had the outcome they were hoping for. But what was that look that Mariel just gave him? It was difficult for him to assess what that look meant. "Is something the matter?"

Her suggestion did made him forget about it momentarily though. "I will. They'll give us some great suggestions, I know.'' It's times like these he loved his department. Everyone was always willing to pitch in. Especially Tallie. Excuse him for being bias. As a matter of fact, the moment he left here, he'd get right on getting some suggestions from them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
A streak of silver slipped into the room and the voice of Victoria Culloden came from the creature. "Mariel there is some strange box that will not open in the patents office. Adam, Javi, and I are in there, but it has some Runes on it that none of us know how to read. Please come as soon as you can." As soon as the message was said the creature vanished.
Okay, good, they were about done here. Mariel did not care for over-extended meetings, preferring conciseness almost always. It was near lunch time plus she had several meetings afterwards that she would need to look over her notes while she ate. But she didn't usually mind a working lunch anyway.

She raised an eyebrow to his question. What gave him that idea other than his own odd manner? "Nothing is the matter. I simply wanted to know why you would feel the need to speak to Tallie outside of work about a work issue when you work in the same office." She basically repeated what she said a moment ago, only a bit slower since he didn't seem to understand it the first time. "I expect professionalism at all times here and a brief meeting should be conducted between you and the other members of your team to finalize the rest of the details now." Really. She couldn't consider him for future leadership positions if he could not comprehend this simple business decorum.

"Well, if there's nothing else.." Mariel was about to dismiss Lucas when a silvery patronus came into her office. Why Victoria was in the Patents Office worrying about their shipments, she did not know. And she didn't exactly understand what the issue was or why she needed to be summoned via patronus. That division was usually on top of their products and what was going on over there, but if they felt so compelled to call for her, she'd see what it was about.

"I suppose I need to head down there," she said to Lucas as she got up from her desk. "If you fancy seeing what that's all about," she added with a chuckle. "Feel free to join me." Otherwise, she was sure he had his own work to do and wouldn't keep him from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcasticStrawberry View Post

The blonde took another deep breath. She was nervous, but she tired her best to hide it. She had been in the department for many years now, still doing the same thing. Not that she did love what she did because she did. Stepping into the office she smiled. "Hello Mariel." Moving closer to her department heads desk. She wasn't going to sit down quite yet.

"I wanted to talk to you about possibly taking a new position." She knew that there were a few open. She really just wanted more of a change, and didn't want to leave the department. She knew that the Gobstones Division Manager as well as the Recreational Sports Division Manager. Mercedes felt that she had been around long enough to take on either of those roles. But if Mariel wanted her to stay where see was with her experience then she would understand. Knowing that those positions needed to be filled. She was wanted to put her name in for when the time came.
Looking up from the paperwork on her desk, Mariel watched as Mercedes came in. She noticed that she did not sit in any of the open chairs and the department head wasn't sure if she was waiting for an invitation, so she gestured towards the chairs in front of her desk. "Please... have a seat."

A new position? she found it interesting for her to inquire about that, and Mariel quirked a curious eyebrow as she considered her words. "I see. So what were you thinking?" She was aware of some of the promotable positions that were available but she'd like to know what Mercedes thoughts were first. It might be something that could work out after all.

Old 04-27-2017, 08:25 PM   #111 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
Okay, good, they were about done here. Mariel did not care for over-extended meetings, preferring conciseness almost always. It was near lunch time plus she had several meetings afterwards that she would need to look over her notes while she ate. But she didn't usually mind a working lunch anyway.

She raised an eyebrow to his question. What gave him that idea other than his own odd manner? "Nothing is the matter. I simply wanted to know why you would feel the need to speak to Tallie outside of work about a work issue when you work in the same office." She basically repeated what she said a moment ago, only a bit slower since he didn't seem to understand it the first time. "I expect professionalism at all times here and a brief meeting should be conducted between you and the other members of your team to finalize the rest of the details now." Really. She couldn't consider him for future leadership positions if he could not comprehend this simple business decorum.

"Well, if there's nothing else.." Mariel was about to dismiss Lucas when a silvery patronus came into her office. Why Victoria was in the Patents Office worrying about their shipments, she did not know. And she didn't exactly understand what the issue was or why she needed to be summoned via patronus. That division was usually on top of their products and what was going on over there, but if they felt so compelled to call for her, she'd see what it was about.

"I suppose I need to head down there," she said to Lucas as she got up from her desk. "If you fancy seeing what that's all about," she added with a chuckle. "Feel free to join me." Otherwise, she was sure he had his own work to do and wouldn't keep him from it.

Oh.

Mariel obviously did not know that he and Tallie were dating. Erm... was now a good time to tell her? Then again, if he hid the truth and it came out later, it would most likely be a million times worst. But the talk of professionalism made him feel as though his heart had momentarily stopped beating. "I- I will keep that meeting to add the finishing touches.'' There was a brief pause. "I also need to let you know that Tallie and I are dating.''

Those words were hardly out of his mouth when there was a patronus in the form of a fox streaking into the office. Lucas recognised Vic's voice and the message left him curious. A strange box? "I think I'll join you,'' he said getting to his feet and grabbing the notes before moving to the door and opening it for Mariel. Maybe the issue of him and Tallie would be dropped for now.

Old 04-29-2017, 05:56 PM   #112 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

Quote:
Oh.

Mariel obviously did not know that he and Tallie were dating. Erm... was now a good time to tell her? Then again, if he hid the truth and it came out later, it would most likely be a million times worst. But the talk of professionalism made him feel as though his heart had momentarily stopped beating. "I- I will keep that meeting to add the finishing touches.'' There was a brief pause. "I also need to let you know that Tallie and I are dating.''

Those words were hardly out of his mouth when there was a patronus in the form of a fox streaking into the office. Lucas recognised Vic's voice and the message left him curious. A strange box? "I think I'll join you,'' he said getting to his feet and grabbing the notes before moving to the door and opening it for Mariel. Maybe the issue of him and Tallie would be dropped for now.
Without really waiting for Lucas to answer, Mariel crossed the room towards the door. She certainly wouldn't mind if he wanted to walk with her to the Patents offices, and they could continue any conversation as they walked. But she wouldn't keep him if he didn't want to join her either. It wasn't his division and she wasn't quite so sure of the emergency, so she would leave that up to him.

"Fantastic," she added with a smile, knowing she could count on Lucas to get the job done. It was why she had personally chosen him for this project in the first place. And he was professional, even if she needed to offer a reminder.

Excuse me?

Mariel paused in her stride, just as Lucas pushed the door open wider and she was about to step past him. He and Tallie were dating? Mariel turned to look at him. "Are you not aware of the no-dating policy in this department?" Of course, it really should be for the entire Ministry, but she would not tell other department heads what they should do regarding their employees. "Dating a co-worker is strictly prohibited here." And even if neither of them were explicitly aware, most people knew that it made good sense to not date people you worked with, for the very reasons she implemented such a thing. And many other workplaces did have that rule as well.

Old 04-30-2017, 03:08 PM   #113 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
Without really waiting for Lucas to answer, Mariel crossed the room towards the door. She certainly wouldn't mind if he wanted to walk with her to the Patents offices, and they could continue any conversation as they walked. But she wouldn't keep him if he didn't want to join her either. It wasn't his division and she wasn't quite so sure of the emergency, so she would leave that up to him.

"Fantastic," she added with a smile, knowing she could count on Lucas to get the job done. It was why she had personally chosen him for this project in the first place. And he was professional, even if she needed to offer a reminder.

Excuse me?

Mariel paused in her stride, just as Lucas pushed the door open wider and she was about to step past him. He and Tallie were dating? Mariel turned to look at him. "Are you not aware of the no-dating policy in this department?" Of course, it really should be for the entire Ministry, but she would not tell other department heads what they should do regarding their employees. "Dating a co-worker is strictly prohibited here." And even if neither of them were explicitly aware, most people knew that it made good sense to not date people you worked with, for the very reasons she implemented such a thing. And many other workplaces did have that rule as well.

Yes... no.

They would not be discussing this later. Lucas inwardly sighed and braced himself for Mariel's... wrath? He had never experienced her wrath and honestly, he wasn't even sure if she even had any. She was always so nice.

Wait...

Did Mariel actually enforce that? In some other departments, this was allowed. There were married couples in the Ministry. Then again, that was the Ministry in general and not this department. Lucas's expression changed to a horrified one. "That means we'll have to break up or one of us has to shift departments or quit?''

No way.

Old 05-06-2017, 08:41 PM   #114 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

Quote:

Yes... no.

They would not be discussing this later. Lucas inwardly sighed and braced himself for Mariel's... wrath? He had never experienced her wrath and honestly, he wasn't even sure if she even had any. She was always so nice.

Wait...

Did Mariel actually enforce that? In some other departments, this was allowed. There were married couples in the Ministry. Then again, that was the Ministry in general and not this department. Lucas's expression changed to a horrified one. "That means we'll have to break up or one of us has to shift departments or quit?''

No way.
Alright, this wasn't the best time for this conversation. Not when her attention had to be divided like this. What Lucas was talking about was an important violation of rules and conduct. That policy was put into place for very good reason and she absolutely enforced it. This matter was not something she could gloss over, yet she was needed elsewhere at the same time.

"Perhaps," she said in answer to Lucas's question. "It's not a matter I take lightly, so it is something we will have to discuss later." She didn't want to lose good employees, but relationships could not come before careers here. She saw just how detrimental it was to the department in the past. It was one thing to have a spouse or significant other elsewhere in the Ministry, but not inter-departmental and she couldn't believe neither of them had the maturity to see this.

"We will talk about this later," she said firmly as she turned back around to head down the corridor. "Let's see what is going on in Patents first." Then she would let him know. Perhaps a meeting, perhaps she needed to bring Talullah in on this as well.

Old 05-08-2017, 02:56 PM   #115 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
Alright, this wasn't the best time for this conversation. Not when her attention had to be divided like this. What Lucas was talking about was an important violation of rules and conduct. That policy was put into place for very good reason and she absolutely enforced it. This matter was not something she could gloss over, yet she was needed elsewhere at the same time.

"Perhaps," she said in answer to Lucas's question. "It's not a matter I take lightly, so it is something we will have to discuss later." She didn't want to lose good employees, but relationships could not come before careers here. She saw just how detrimental it was to the department in the past. It was one thing to have a spouse or significant other elsewhere in the Ministry, but not inter-departmental and she couldn't believe neither of them had the maturity to see this.

"We will talk about this later," she said firmly as she turned back around to head down the corridor. "Let's see what is going on in Patents first." Then she would let him know. Perhaps a meeting, perhaps she needed to bring Talullah in on this as well.

Lucas had suddenly gone cold and his heart was thudding in his chest. He would willingly step down from his job even though he'd be doing it with a heavy heart. He loved his job and knew that Tallie loved hers too but there was no way that he'd let her do that.

He nodded feebly. No doubt that Mariel would also want to have a meeting with Tallie. Or maybe one meeting with the two of them together- this sounded more logical. "Alright. We will. I'll still accompany you to Patents, of course.'' Since he was both curious and he wanted to help. Lucas let her pass through the door before shutting it and following her.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:59 AM   #116 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Zander had been putting this off for ages. It's not like he hated what he was doing THAT much. It was tolerable and his salary was a good enough motivation to keep him doing an adequate enough job. The people were friendly enough too, though he'd never get over how weird it was to be working with Bart's mother... Or Professor C's wife for that matter. That was definitely something that would stay weird until the day he left the Ministry.... Maybe even beyond that. It gave him the creeps, yo. Definitely the creeps.

Anyway, he had finally mustered enough of that Gryffindor courage (with the help of talking to one Airey Flamsteed) in order to make his way to the door. He had rehearsed this conversation several times, there was no way he'd mess it up. He just had to stick to the script and hopefully Mariel would also stick to the script (the one in Zander's head, anyway). He hadn't really made any plans past the single one he had practiced. Having no backups was really one of the more negative Gryffindor qualities he had walked away with.

Anyway, now was as good a time as any..... He held his breath and firmly knocked the door. Maybe she wouldn't be in and he could just turn around and try again later. Yeah, actually that didn't sound terrible.

You are Lemon!
Old 01-13-2018, 03:04 AM   #117 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Zander had been putting this off for ages. It's not like he hated what he was doing THAT much. It was tolerable and his salary was a good enough motivation to keep him doing an adequate enough job. The people were friendly enough too, though he'd never get over how weird it was to be working with Bart's mother... Or Professor C's wife for that matter. That was definitely something that would stay weird until the day he left the Ministry.... Maybe even beyond that. It gave him the creeps, yo. Definitely the creeps.

Anyway, he had finally mustered enough of that Gryffindor courage (with the help of talking to one Airey Flamsteed) in order to make his way to the door. He had rehearsed this conversation several times, there was no way he'd mess it up. He just had to stick to the script and hopefully Mariel would also stick to the script (the one in Zander's head, anyway). He hadn't really made any plans past the single one he had practiced. Having no backups was really one of the more negative Gryffindor qualities he had walked away with.

Anyway, now was as good a time as any..... He held his breath and firmly knocked the door. Maybe she wouldn't be in and he could just turn around and try again later. Yeah, actually that didn't sound terrible.
Mariel would hardly admit it to herself but she was starting to feel like she had too much on her plate. It wasn't her job so much, though she could easily find fault there, but it was more things that she had on her mind. She hadn't been pleased with the work of their governess at home for a while and had debated hiring another or perhaps taking on the responsibilities herself. Of course that would definitely change things. But it was an important matter, especially with Regina soon approaching the age of boarding school.

Though she was reviewing some paperwork at her desk, she was lost in these thoughts as she heard a knock on the door, abruptly returning her to reality. Huh. She didn't have a meeting that she had forgotten about, did she? No, she was fairly certain she didn't, but she paused to look at the clock for a moment to bring her mindset to the present. "Come in!" she eventually called out to the door, looking at it expectantly to see who was on the other side.

Old 01-15-2018, 11:37 PM   #118 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Mariel would hardly admit it to herself but she was starting to feel like she had too much on her plate. It wasn't her job so much, though she could easily find fault there, but it was more things that she had on her mind. She hadn't been pleased with the work of their governess at home for a while and had debated hiring another or perhaps taking on the responsibilities herself. Of course that would definitely change things. But it was an important matter, especially with Regina soon approaching the age of boarding school.

Though she was reviewing some paperwork at her desk, she was lost in these thoughts as she heard a knock on the door, abruptly returning her to reality. Huh. She didn't have a meeting that she had forgotten about, did she? No, she was fairly certain she didn't, but she paused to look at the clock for a moment to bring her mindset to the present. "Come in!" she eventually called out to the door, looking at it expectantly to see who was on the other side.
Zander was half hoping she wasn't in her office at the moment because it'd mean that he had some more time to think this through. Was this really something he wanted to ask for? Only he didn't have more time to stew on this thought, as Mariel had answered from within the office and it was time to face reality. The blonde turned the nob on the door, and greeted his Department Head with a smile. It's not often that he came over for a chat, but surely his name wasn't lost on her. "Mariel, do you have some time? I was hoping to talk to you about something," Zander wanted more than anything to just jump right in...

But he knew better.

It'd be much more professional to ask and though he never felt entirely professional, he was working in the Ministry of Magic... And that meant that he had to carry some sort of professionalism around with him. He didn't love his job, but that didn't mean he wanted to be fired!!! He still had rent to pay!

You are Lemon!
Old 01-16-2018, 02:54 AM   #119 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

Quote:
Zander was half hoping she wasn't in her office at the moment because it'd mean that he had some more time to think this through. Was this really something he wanted to ask for? Only he didn't have more time to stew on this thought, as Mariel had answered from within the office and it was time to face reality. The blonde turned the nob on the door, and greeted his Department Head with a smile. It's not often that he came over for a chat, but surely his name wasn't lost on her. "Mariel, do you have some time? I was hoping to talk to you about something," Zander wanted more than anything to just jump right in...

But he knew better.

It'd be much more professional to ask and though he never felt entirely professional, he was working in the Ministry of Magic... And that meant that he had to carry some sort of professionalism around with him. He didn't love his job, but that didn't mean he wanted to be fired!!! He still had rent to pay!
Her eyes trained on the door, Mariel offered a polite smile as it opened. Ah, Zander Adair. She figured it was likely one of her employees as she didn't have any appointments scheduled at that moment.

"Hello, Zander. Come on in," she said, gesturing to the chairs in front of her desk. "Would you like to sit down?" And he was in luck. She actually did have a little bit of time free right now that they could talk. "Sure, what can I do for you?" And he had her full attention, for the moment at least.

Old 01-17-2018, 03:11 AM   #120 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Her eyes trained on the door, Mariel offered a polite smile as it opened. Ah, Zander Adair. She figured it was likely one of her employees as she didn't have any appointments scheduled at that moment.

"Hello, Zander. Come on in," she said, gesturing to the chairs in front of her desk. "Would you like to sit down?" And he was in luck. She actually did have a little bit of time free right now that they could talk. "Sure, what can I do for you?" And he had her full attention, for the moment at least.
He actually wasn't sure if he was meant to schedule a meeting like this. Suddenly, Zander Adair had many regrets. But he was inside now and it was too late to turn back. Hopefully Mariel wouldn't mind that he had stopped by because this was sort of a big deal (for him, anyway). "Yes, Please," he smiled walking over to a chair and sitting after he got the go-ahead that she had some time to chat.

Okay, perfect.

So far things were going pretty well.

How was someone supposed to politely say that they weren't actually interested in their job and wanted to transfer somewhere else? HOW? The blonde scratched the back of his head, pausing a moment before opening his mouth to answer her question. "I'm having some doubts about my position in this department," he began, starting off on what he was sure was a very rough start. Actually, that's really all he knew how to say for the moment being.

He wanted to ease into this request, y'know?

You are Lemon!
Old 01-23-2018, 02:19 PM   #121 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

Quote:
He actually wasn't sure if he was meant to schedule a meeting like this. Suddenly, Zander Adair had many regrets. But he was inside now and it was too late to turn back. Hopefully Mariel wouldn't mind that he had stopped by because this was sort of a big deal (for him, anyway). "Yes, Please," he smiled walking over to a chair and sitting after he got the go-ahead that she had some time to chat.

Okay, perfect.

So far things were going pretty well.

How was someone supposed to politely say that they weren't actually interested in their job and wanted to transfer somewhere else? HOW? The blonde scratched the back of his head, pausing a moment before opening his mouth to answer her question. "I'm having some doubts about my position in this department," he began, starting off on what he was sure was a very rough start. Actually, that's really all he knew how to say for the moment being.

He wanted to ease into this request, y'know?
Doubts about his position or doubts about the department?Mariel knew that these were two different things of course and she always preferred clarification. And the recreational sports division in the department was still fairly new and continually being developed so she could understand feeling a little lost at times, especially if one needed a lot of direction.

"Alright. Well, what seems to be the problem?" She needed to know a little more about what he was thinking before helping to come up with a solution because there were many possibilities to go about it. And that was part of what she was there for - to keep her employees happy.

Old 01-27-2018, 06:35 AM   #122 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Doubts about his position or doubts about the department?Mariel knew that these were two different things of course and she always preferred clarification. And the recreational sports division in the department was still fairly new and continually being developed so she could understand feeling a little lost at times, especially if one needed a lot of direction.

"Alright. Well, what seems to be the problem?" She needed to know a little more about what he was thinking before helping to come up with a solution because there were many possibilities to go about it. And that was part of what she was there for - to keep her employees happy.
Doubts about everything. Zander Adair had doubts about the position, the department, himself, his relationship status.... You name it and he'll have doubts about it. It was honestly one of his qualities that stayed consistent his whole life thus far. So, uh, at least he was a consistent doubter? Right? That's gotta count for something.

"I'm, uh, not sure that Games and Sports is the right fit for me," he started, not really knowing how else to explain his thoughts. "I'm grateful to be here and the work we do is real important, but I don't think this is something I see myself doing long term." He didn't feel fulfilled, y'know? That had to mean SOMETHING, right? It certainly couldn't have been a good sign.

Was he way out of line here? Maybe this wasn't a good idea.

He should've talked to Sophie first.

You are Lemon!