sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1146 users online including...
turiskArtib , Stevendalo , ramsspeelay

6 members
1140 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > King's Cross Station (Member Hub) > Site Resources

Site Resources Need help? This forum contains The Question Thread where you can ask site questions and get in touch with our mods and admins. There are a ton of reference threads to help you learn about our forums, and you can get help with Technical Support and Advertisement Issues.

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 09-16-2013, 09:20 AM

Default The Question Thread

The Question Thread

You have questions? We have answers! Please ask SITE and RULE related questions here! This thread is here to help you with the site; not your life, not Harry Potter, or anything else. This is the main site-wide thread in which newbies and members can ask questions about SS. When your question is answered by a site moderator, your original post will be deleted.

Before you ask a question in this thread, please be sure you've checked the The SS Board Rules and FAQ and checked the relevant threads in the site resources to see if your question has already been addressed. The topics most frequently asked about are linked below under the spoiler tags. If you have issues with advertisements, or you need some technical problems please go to the Technical Support and Advertising Issues thread, found in the Site Resources forum. If you do post here in error when it is a tech issue or advertisement problem, the post will be moved to that thread and any answers will be given there.

Please also give this thread a quick browse before asking your question to see if has already been answered in the most recent pages!

Please refrain from answering questions if you are not a member of the SnitchSeeker Staff Team That means only mods and admins should be giving answers here.
Members are not permitted to answer questions in this thread. It's not that we mind you helping; quite the opposite is true actually. It's more that mods are trained to know the up-to-date answers, the whole answers, and have the ability to check things not everyone is able. If you see us slacking on answering (it happens, we know) that you absolutely know you can help the members with: by all means, VM them and be your wonderfully helpfully self. The mods would appreciate it, the member would appreciate it, and that is what SS is all about anyway: community.

Site Resources & Site Rules Quick Links:
Below you will find links to the different guides here in this forum designed to help members and answer common questions. We encourage all newbies and members to check the site rules & FAQ (where you can do a keyword search) and the site resources (where there are guides and FAQs on several important topics) before asking a question as you are likely to find the answer you need on your own without having to wait for a response. If you do not check these places first you'll likely find that you'll be directed to these resources anyway when your question is addressed.

SPOILER!!: Roleplay-related Resources

The Hogwarts Sorting & Resorting
The Ministry of Magic Placement
Roleplaying Basics

If you have further questions regarding the specifics or detail of the SSRPG (the site wide RPG) please ask those questions in the ssrpg guidelines and questions thread, where the leaders of Hogwarts, The Ministry of Magic, and Diagon Alley, can help you.

SPOILER!!: Fanfiction, Games, Gallery, News & Other

Guide to the Forums
Usertitles and Usergroups
SnitchSeeker Gallery Guide
The SnitchSeeker Glossary

Site Rules & FAQ
Fanfiction Rules & FAQ
Gallery Rules
News FAQ
General SnitchSeeker FAQ
I started a new thread and now I can't find it. Where did it go? Should I try making it again?

Quizzes and Questionnaires
SPOILER!!: About Quizzes and Questionnaires on SS

Snitchseeker has several different Question forms which are to be filled out for a variety of purposes. The most notable ones are:
  • The Sorting Quiz
  • The re-Sorting
  • The Ministry Placement
  • The Wand Quiz
  • The Owl Post
  • The Vault Application
  • The Daily Prophet News Submissions
  • Username Change request

There are also often questionnaires that are opened for events on site, or for specific member groups as per the needs of various sections of SS. Some of these are only open seasonally, but they all work the same way. Your submitted answers generate a thread in a holding forum that won't be visible to you. This means that you can't double check your submission after you hit that 'submit' button. We highly recommend saving/backing up what you write in a word document or similar, in case there is a problem submitting your questionnaire.

When your questionnaire submits you will see a confirmation on screen. If you do not see this confirmation, your internet connection or browser may have glitched, or we may be experiencing server issues. You can always ask an admin or moderator of that particular area of SS to check and see if your questionnaire submitted correctly, or if you did not see the confirmation, you can submit again with the information you saved.

If you have questions specific to your own fan-fiction thread please ask them in the Fan-fiction announcements, questions, and requests thread, where a FF moderator can help you directly.

Most other forums (games, graphic making, discussions etc) have a sticky thread with guidelines and information specific to that forum.

Quote:
Please Note:
Posts in this forum will not add to your post count & questions will be deleted when they are replied to. This means that while newbies CAN post here to get help, posts in the Site Resources forum will NOT count towards the ten posts needed to graduate from newbie to member.

All site rules apply. If your question is of a more sensitive nature, please use the PM system and contact an admin
Old 10-07-2022, 09:20 PM   #26 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanThomassSpectacle View Post
A cyber attack? To what end?
For more information, please read this announcement. At the moment, we are taking care of it the best we can, including rebuilding what we are able.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line

Last edited by emjay; 10-08-2022 at 12:04 AM.
emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 07:09 PM   #27 (permalink)

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
First Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Would it be possible to raise the character limit per post to maybe 10 instead of 5? This would especially help in the games section!
Old 03-28-2023, 05:40 AM   #28 (permalink)
Members
Flobberworm

Hi all! I just became a member, and I know the Sorting Ceremony isn't for a couple of weeks. Where's the best place to dive right into being able to RP right away? Would it be better for me to make a MoM character at first? If I did make a Hogwarts student, where would they be allowed to RP before being enrolled?

Thanks in advance!
StonecoldMcNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 07:56 AM   #29 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonecoldMcNasty View Post
Hi all! I just became a member, and I know the Sorting Ceremony isn't for a couple of weeks. Where's the best place to dive right into being able to RP right away? Would it be better for me to make a MoM character at first? If I did make a Hogwarts student, where would they be allowed to RP before being enrolled?

Thanks in advance!
Hey there and welcome to SnitchSeeker

You can find tons of information about where and how to RP here on Snitchseeker in the RP Basics thread right here in this very forum! I've copy and pasted some of the relevant information for you:

Quote:
Where can I RP on SnitchSeeker?
There are two separate areas when it comes to RPing on SnitchSeeker. The General RP forum, and the site-wide Wizarding World RPG, which includes Hogwarts, the Ministry of Magic, and Diagon Alley. There are special requirements for RPing in the Hogwarts RPG and Ministry of Magic so please read below and follow the given links for more information.

St Mungo's Roleplaying
This is where members can roleplay apart from the site-wide RPGs. Includes normal and advanced RPGs as well as regular roleplaying events. If you want to create an RP where you play Harry Potter while he was at school, or something set in the Marauders era, then this is the place to do that sort of thing. Unsorted members may RP in this area.
Ministry of Magic
This is where members can roleplay as a Ministry of Magic employee. For more information on how to get involved, please read about the Ministry of Magic RPG. Unsorted members may participate in this site-wide RPG. You must be placed in a Ministry job to participate.
Diagon Alley
This is where members can roleplay in Diagon Alley shopping, eating, hanging out with friend, or just exploring around. For more information, please read the Diagon Alley Rules. Unsorted members may participate in this site-wide RPG.
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry
This is where members can roleplay as a Hogwarts student. For more information on how to get involved, please read the Hogwarts Sorting. Only sorted members may participate in this site-wide RP.
Currently, both the Hogwarts RPG and the Ministry RPG are not accepting Sorting nor Placement applications. Hogwarts, as you mentioned in your post, will be available in April when it becomes summer in-character here on SnitchSeeker. The Ministry placement period is not set to start until June when it is the in-character holiday season in the RPG universe. Please refer to the Sorting and Placement guides here in this forum for further information.

Diagon Alley would be the site wide area the easiest for you to dip your toes into Just be sure you have read the area rules prior to jumping in!

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 11:55 AM   #30 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by slythief2000 View Post
sorry to bother, but i want to join the classes coming up soon, how do i augment my profile or set up a character bio? or is that made later?
Hello and welcome to SnitchSeeker

You'll find loads of useful information over here in the Site Resources forum about RP basics as well as additional links to places to check out while you get yourself ready to dive into the world of SnitchSeeker RPing

Additionally, this post explains the process for participating in the Hogwarts RPG (term is currently in session but will be breaking for summer soon and then the Sorting will be open). In order to participate in the Hogwarts RPG, you must be sorted. Good news is that you have time to read and familiarize yourself with the process before it starts

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 12:51 AM   #31 (permalink)
Members
Flobberworm

heart 10 posts

Hello and thanks for your help!

I had posted 10 times and was moved up to member. I came on today and saw that I only have 9 posts and am back to Newbie. What thread should I post again in to get to 10 posts or does this count as 10? Thank you very much!
RavenLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote