sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 4219 users online including...
Ronaldsnut , ChinaCib , Stevendalo , Shawnadunk , Alexrut , Austinwals , Kimothy , ramsspeelay

8 members
4211 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Diagon Alley Archive

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 04-10-2010, 01:05 AM

Default Arkie Alderton's Kwik-Repair Shop

Arkie Alderton's Kwik-Repair Shop will fix your broomsticks while you wait. The shop has, over the years, expanded and is now a general repair store. The shopkeeper here will fix any magical equipment kwite kwikly. The shop is oddly shaped, long and thin. There is a counter at the back of the room, covered in tools. Presumably this is where repairs are made though quite often strange, whispered conversations might be observed down that far end of the store.

Near the front is another counter where you can inquire about getting your magical items repaired and pay out of the nose to get them fixed. There is dumpy couch across from it ready for those customers who are waiting for their repairs to take a seat. It smells like rats and occassionally it squeaks alarmingly. There are no windows, save for the narrow panes of dingy glass on either side of the door, and the only light source comes from lanterns floating above, each casting a sickly yellow-green glow on the interior of the shop.

The walls are covered with items in various states of repair. Instead of hooks, each item is held up by a skeletal hand. Those hands which are unoccupied, grab in the direction of anyone who passes by, made even more alarming by the narrow shape of the room. Have a look at the prices for repairs if you dare, but I wouldn't hang around too long if I were you.

Unless of course you have other business.

Quote:
A base price of one galleon, with an additional sickle per minute.

Depending on the level of damage inflicted on the item, you may face additional costs ranging from 1-100 galleons.

You'll find The Starry Prophesier In the nook next door and of course the Knockturn Alley Steps will lead you back to the safety of Diagon Alley.

Map

ooc: Remember that Snitchseeker site rules and the Diagon Alley rules apply at all times. Be careful how you play here. Be respectful of others and understand that measures might just be taken IC if trouble erupts. If you have any questions contact the mod in this forum: DaniDiNardo

This shop IS STAFFED. Korpsit would LOVE to RP with you, so please, don't RP for him.
Old 01-06-2018, 02:42 AM   #76 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

SPOILER!!: lmaooooo Noah
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Noah didn't bother saying anything in reply to not being able to say what she wanted about Wyatt but only because she didn't want Becca to change her mind about coming. She DID see the way he stuck his tongue out at her but only briefly before she was weaving back through the crowds of Diagon Alley.

"I can show you around. It's kinda dark but that's okay because you're not scared." Right? RIGHT! Doooowwwnnn the stairs the little girl skipped, pulling her new company down with her. "And maybe you can meet Korpsit. He's not nice, not really but that's okay too!" Her words were hurried and excited as the pair descended into the dark, dimly lit streets. By now, Noah knew the alley like the back of her hand. She could walk the place in her sleep and knew the PERFECT place to go.

The scowls and general unpleasant features of some of the alley dwellers didn't bother her anymore. They were much like family to the little girl in some ways. Family she walked by without acknowledging.

"We're here!" She chimed loudly, releasing Becca's hand to shove the door open.

No Korpsit. Hmm. He must have been in the back with a customer--which meant he went back there and didn't find her and would likely go looking. Wasn't it amazing she wasn't lost but RIGHT HERE NOW?? Surely he wouldn't get mad about thaaaat. "There's all sorts of really neat things in here."

Thankfully, Becca had NOT seen the tongue sticking out from WYATT PURCELL over there, or she would have been EQUALLY annoyed with her friend. But her new friend..Noah? She was walking real fast and pulling Becca RIGHt PAST THE KNOCKTURN SIGN.

"Wait wait----------------" She WAS PANTING. "I--Noah--I am not allowed down here---" But she was being pulled so forcefully...and into some SHOP and she began to panic. "Noah my mum doesn't let me DOWN HERE. She will be so mad at me! Why are we down here?!" she asked. Bad people lived here. And shopped here. SHE WASN'T ALLOWED IN KNOCKTURN. "Neat things...like...what?" she was more afraid of getting in trouble than actually BEING in here.

Roman Gellar ● 1st Year ● Slytherin
Old 01-06-2018, 03:19 AM   #77 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post

Thankfully, Becca had NOT seen the tongue sticking out from WYATT PURCELL over there, or she would have been EQUALLY annoyed with her friend. But her new friend..Noah? She was walking real fast and pulling Becca RIGHt PAST THE KNOCKTURN SIGN.

"Wait wait----------------" She WAS PANTING. "I--Noah--I am not allowed down here---" But she was being pulled so forcefully...and into some SHOP and she began to panic. "Noah my mum doesn't let me DOWN HERE. She will be so mad at me! Why are we down here?!" she asked. Bad people lived here. And shopped here. SHE WASN'T ALLOWED IN KNOCKTURN. "Neat things...like...what?" she was more afraid of getting in trouble than actually BEING in here.
It was the same thing, EVERY TIME. How come none of the kids were allowed down in Knockturn Alley? It was kinda like how she wasn't allowed up in Diagon Alley but...but she went ANYWAY so obviously it was okay for them to come too.

"We're down here because this is where we're going to PLAY. You're Mummy's just mean, it's FINE. It's fun, promise. Stay, pleeeeeaaase." Noah's voice was earnest, desperate almost as she took the girl's hand once more. "Look! Look look! All the cool things!" She all but yanked her over to the wall that held some items left to be repaired. The skeletal hands didn't frighten her, not even when they grabbed her if she walked too close sometimes.

They were just another fixture in her world.

"See, this...this one...it ....it plays music that puts you to sleep for HOURS!" Noah yanked it off the wall and away from the reaching hand. A delicate little music box, with a ballerina on it's top. It was currently cracked and out of sorts but you could tell that when fixed it was something special. "It doesn't work right now, but that's why Korpsit's gonna fix it--I can show you something else too!" Just stay forever. Don't leave like everyone else.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 01-06-2018, 04:41 PM   #78 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Well...okay. "My mum isn't mean...but I'll stay. I don't even know how to get back on my own..." She would get lost on this scary street and then be in deep poop. "What...what can we play?" she asked, looking around the dark and dank shop. It was....freaky. And Becca didn't LIKE the weird things on the wall...and she was staying close to Noah as best she could.

"Do you live here?" she asked in a SHOCKED voice.

For hours? Becca touched the ballerina. "It's pretty, even if it's broken. And dusty," she said softly. "Can I hold it? I just don't wanna go to sleep for hours. That's foreeeeeeever..." she said. "We could play hide and go seek, you know. This place is perfect for it!" Lots of hiddey holes...and...scariness.

And who was Korpsit?

Old 01-06-2018, 05:20 PM   #79 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
Well...okay. "My mum isn't mean...but I'll stay. I don't even know how to get back on my own..." She would get lost on this scary street and then be in deep poop. "What...what can we play?" she asked, looking around the dark and dank shop. It was....freaky. And Becca didn't LIKE the weird things on the wall...and she was staying close to Noah as best she could.

"Do you live here?" she asked in a SHOCKED voice.

For hours? Becca touched the ballerina. "It's pretty, even if it's broken. And dusty," she said softly. "Can I hold it? I just don't wanna go to sleep for hours. That's foreeeeeeever..." she said. "We could play hide and go seek, you know. This place is perfect for it!" Lots of hiddey holes...and...scariness.

And who was Korpsit?
"That's okay, I can take you back up to Diagon Alley when we're done playing." Note, that pretty much meant when Noah said they were done playing but that was pretty much the same thing, right?

"I'm not s'ppose to say where I live." She continued, handing over the broken ballerina music box to her bestest friend in the whole world--that's what they were now, afterall. "But I won't get us lost, honest." It wasn't possible, not with how much time she spent here. It was basically home. "Korpsit hasn't fixed it yet, so it won't make you sleep. I want it, but the man's gonna want it back once it's fixed." Which wasn't faaaiiiirrrr.

"Oh!" The 6 year old perked up immediately at the suggestion the play hide and seek. Korpsit would be mad if he knew, but he wasn't even HERE so it was fine.

"Me first!" Always. "You count to....to....20!"

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 01-06-2018, 10:49 PM   #80 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

It sounded like a good plan so far! Once they were DONE having fun...they'd go back. And then they'd collect Wyatt, and Becca would ask Ms. Lynley if Noah could come over and play sometimes! It would be FUUUUUUN!

"Me neither, it's okay." Or talk to strangers. But kids didn't count as strangers, right? "Who is Korpsit anyway? And where is this guy? Is he kind of like your dad?" Since Noah said she didn't HAVE a dad...maybe he was her mum's boyfriend or something. But she hadn't seen him anywhere yet. And what kind of name was Korpsit anyway???

HEY!

She didn't WANT to count first but before she could get it out, Noah was starting to hide and UGH. She had to finish counting now. But she could cheat....so she covered her eyes....

"ONE....TWO....THREEEEE..." Peek. She had slits to look through in between her fingers. But she had to be SNEAKY because she didn't want Noah to know she was looking.

"NINE...TEN..." And the counting continued until

"TWENTY! READY OR NOT HERE I COME!"

Old 01-07-2018, 01:36 AM   #81 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

Noah wasn't gonna wait for Becca to say no. She was gonna hide first and that was that. Being so used to getting her way with playmates, it never occurred to her that maybe it was best to take her guest's feelings into consideration.

The little girl ducked under the small gate that led behind the counter, knowing how to get through without getting herself electrocuted. She fitted herself in between the shelves. She shoved the jars to the side to make sure there was enough room, then pulled some in front of her to better hide herself.

Only thing was, she was SO excited about being able to play with her friend, that Noah couldn't stop giggling. This was the PERFECT hiding space and Becca probably didn't even know it!!

Giggle giggle.

Old 01-07-2018, 02:22 AM   #82 (permalink)
Other Characters
Murtlap

Another slow day in the alley for the Hag. No one wanted their fortune told anymore. Too busy to have a stop with the old Hag for a glimpse into their future. Not a lot of children running through the alley either. Of late, the only way she could get her hands on one was the goblin and that brought her hair today.

"Korpsit." She called, moving through the dusty old shop. You think he'd run a broom through it every now and then. "Korpsi--" But she never finished the call. "Hello little one." The Hag crooned, looking down at the girl who had just yelled a sequence of numbers. "You look like a tasty one." Healthy skin, loud voice indicating healthy lungs. This one was well taken care of. Those made the best stew.

"Come to pay the Hag a visit?" Spiny, green fingers reached forward, clutching the girl tightly by the shoulder. The healthy ones were the best runners and this meal wouldn't be getting away.
Old 01-08-2018, 02:55 PM   #83 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Her eyes POPPED open, looking around the dim shop with squinty eyes as she tried to spot her quickly. But it seemed Noah was better at hide-n-seek than Becca had anticipated. "Come out come out WHEREVER YOU ARE!" she smirked as she checked behind a particularly grumpy looking stature, dust coating her fingers as she moved it aside on the bottom shelf of one of the walls.

Hmmm..

So this was tricky.

It was too late to notice the newcomer by the time the newcomer had HER HAND TIGHTLY ON HER SHOULDER. She had been TOO BUSY LOOKING FOR NOAH! She looked up at the woman and screeched! Man, she was ugly. "I--tasty?" she asked, almost shrinking. "NOAH--SOME LADY IS HERE--" And she thought Becca looked TASTY which wasn't normal, nor reassuring, and it meant...it meant...DID THIS LADY WANT TO EAT HER?

Old 01-08-2018, 09:32 PM   #84 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

The giggling got so bad that Noah had to clamp both hands over her mouth to make it stop BUT THIS WAS SO EXCITING AND SHE LITERALLY HAD THE BEST HIDING PLACE EVER!! Becca would get a nasty shock if she even tried checking behind here so she'd never check, which meant she'd never find her WHICH MEANT she would WIN!

The giggles became easier and easier to suppress when she heard the door opening. Was it Korpsit? She thought he'd been around the back. DID HE WANT TO MEET HER NEW FRIEND?????

Clumsily Noah pushed the jar out of the way at Becca's announcement, feeling her blood run cold when it shattered on the floor. Ooohhhhhh Merliiiiinnnn, Korpsit was gonna be sooooooooo mad. The little girl began trying to kick the pieces under the counter but stopped when she caught sight of the hag....

"What're you doing here? Leave her alone, she's my BESTFRIEND EVER!" Noah climbed right over the counter, landing with a soft thud before hurrying over. "Let GO!" The hag didn't scare her, not after her Mummy told her she wasn't allowed to eat her. Obviously she couldn't eat her friend either.

Old 01-08-2018, 09:40 PM   #85 (permalink)
Other Characters
Murtlap

Noah? Immediately the hag began scanning the shop. Was the little monster in here? Try as she might to avoid the scrumptious little devil that child had developed the habit of turning up where she was seldom wanted.

It did not take long for her to appear, there behind the counter and suddenly much closer than she had been to her in months. She smelled tasty too but that was one little girl that was not worth it. "I was only going to tell her her future." She replied, tightening her grip. "Come with me dearie. Let's see what's in the cards for you." A cauldron and some stew to be sure.

Ignoring the obnoxious yeller, the hag turned and began pulling the girl to the door.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:22 AM   #86 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

"NO I DON'T WANNA SEE THE FUTURE WITH YOU!" Becca screamed quickly, trying to BREAK AWAY and make for her NEW FRIEND NOAH. And she did something that was probably very stupid... she...BIT THE HAG.

She BIT the hag's arm that was pulling her and made a RUUUUUUUN FOR IT TO NOAH! Screaming.

And flailing.

AND KNOCKING THINGS OVER IN THE PROCESS.

Old 01-09-2018, 02:37 AM   #87 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

You know when someone was screaming and so you started screaming too? That was Noah right now, yelling at the top of her lungs like Becca had been doing.

"YOU LET HER GO RIGHT NOW!!" And more screaming because she wasn't gonna let the hag take her friend but she was too little to stop her by herself. Thankfully Becca did break free but oh nooo oh no oh no oh no she was breaking all Korpsit's things! "Becca wait no--!" It was too late. There was a trail of destruction behind her and all Noah could think was...just how much trouble she was going to be in.

Noah clung to the girl, not quite using her own little body to shield her but taking a stance somewhat before her.

"Go find someone else to eat or I'm telling my Mummy!" The 6 year old shrieked, stomping her foot in demanding fashion. This was supposed to be fun, they were playing and this mean old hag was ruining everything!

What if Becca never ever ever wanted to come back???

Old 01-09-2018, 02:58 AM   #88 (permalink)
Other Characters
Murtlap

The hag yelp when the child's teeth sunk into her flesh!

"You rotten little beast!" She bellowed, heading directly for both girls at this point. "I was going to make sure you didn't suffer but now...now you'll wish you'd hopped into my cauldron when you had the chance." She was hungry and these children were wasting her time.

She disregarded Noah's rambled threat, this time grabbing them both by the collars of their shirts. "You're coming with me." She cooed sweetly at the Becca girl before giving Noah a rough shake. "And you're going back to your mother before you try to ruin my meal."
Old 01-11-2018, 01:31 AM   #89 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

MORE. SCREAMING. BECAUSE MUMMY HAD SAID TO MAKE THE BIGGEST COMMOTION EVER IF someone TRIED TO TAKE HER EVER AND THERE IT WAS -

"AAAAAAHHHHHHhhHHHHHHHH!"

And she clung back to Noah, SWATTING at the old hag who had a hold of her collar-- and she WOULD bite again if given the chance!!!!!

"GET OFFFFFFFFFF YOU OLD SCALLAWAG!" she cried, remembering using this word while playing with Wyatt at school. It was an INSULT and meant to be the WORST ONE EVER.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:31 AM   #90 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

Oh yes, lots of screaming. Noah was screaming too, rather indignantly and rather loudly. She didn't like being manhandled by the Hag and was going to tell her Mummy the moment she was allowed to.

"Let me go! Let me go! Let me go!" Her small limbs flashed and flailed about vigorously, possibly hitting Becca a time or two but her real aim was the old hag woman who thought it was okay to be holding her like this. "I'm gonna tell on you and my Mummy's gonna make you sorry."

Followed by all the more wild, loud screams that could have been mistaken for bloody murder. The 6 year old had a healthy set of lungs on her and she was prepared to use them.

Oh for the love of Merlin.

She'd been heading back to her office after a meeting over in the pub when...well how could she ignore it? The incessant and likely highly dramatized screams of her child. Even worse, the screams of another child thrown into the mix.

In her knowledge, Korpsit was usually more discreet with that sort of business. If he kept this up, they'd have half of Diagon Alley rushing down on them. Suffice to say it was the last thing she wanted and it would need to be put to an end. That decided, Emma made her way toward the Repair Shop, prepared to shut the little bugger up and give the goblin a piece of her mind while she was at it.

The sight that greeted her however, gave her a moment's pause.

"What....the hell....is going on here?"

Brown eyes sank to her child, silently demanding some explanation. The Hag she didn't spare a glance, knowing the creature knew it would be in her best interest to release Noah without her having to directly say so. Whatever was happening, she was about to make it stop. "Shut it, before I make you." Said to the other little girl. Noah needed no such warning, much like the hag, in a situation like this, the child knew better.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:36 AM   #91 (permalink)
Other Characters
Murtlap

It was just her luck, the old hag thought. Ruined lunch and nothing to show for it.

Madam Hildegard released Noah, but only Noah. Her grip remained firm around the other little squealer. "I was only helping myself to a lost little one." She crooned. "Trying to mind my own business when Noah bust in causing a scene and making this one cause a scene too." She explained, getting....most of the details.

"Sorry to have disturbed you. I'll take this one and be on my way." Emma had never been opposed to her keeping whatever she found down in the alley. She saw no reason for that to start now.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:44 PM   #92 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Becca...was....freaking...OUT. This was too much. She'd never wander away from an adult ever AGAIN! Did this happen every time a kid did so?! She really wanted Miss Lynley and Wyatt and her mum and her dad...

Then...a grownup arrived, and Becca never felt so RELIVED in her life. She looked up at the lady (who kinda' resembled Noah!) with fear in her eyes. But then she told her to SHUT IT and Becca...couldn't help it. She started to cry. And clung to Noah more. Whimpering softly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
"The girl, there was a girl at the bank and she wanted to be Becca's friend but I'm Becca's friend, Mommy. You gotta tell her that she can't be Becca's friend because...because she' can't, right Mommy?"

Even as he spoke, Wyatt's eyes kept darting all about the alley. It was dark and held very mean looking people. He didn't really care that his mother was there, he didn't want to be walking down there at all. There were so many of them. If something had gone wrong then his Mommy would get hurt and so would he and it would be Becca's FAULT because she shouldn't have been trying to make new friends, she should have just stayed and waited with him then they would get ice-cream and he wouldn't BE down here.

"I don't like it down here." He whined, completely ignoring her assurance that everything would be okay. Right now he was not having it. This place was dirty and dark and gave him the heebie jeebies like that place when he'd gotten taken by the portkey.

"Mommy we don't have to ind Becca. Maybe we can just leave and her Mommy can have another one then that one can be my friend." PLEASE?
"Nonsense, Wyatt, we have to find her. Because something--everything is fine--" Wrong, "But we have to because her mummy will be VERY sad otherwise. "Look, Becca can make friends...but she can't run off like that. That's not okay. And I'm so glad my little boy didn't do that..." she ruffled his hair, trying not to let the panic show on her face. But her hands....were shaking.

"You need to TELL Mummy when something like this happens---MAKE me stop talking--" her voice was steadily getting higher as she...freaked out more. Because all that noise in that SHOP had stopped. Lynley turned the knob and darted inside, her hand still wrapped around Wyatt's.

She was not prepared.

A hag, Becca, another child, and a lady Lynley had seen countless times roaming the streets of Knockturn. Lynley herself wasn't exactly a stranger here; she had items to procure for her very special nail polish that she could ONLY find here in Knockturn. She didn't know the woman's name...but she swallowed. "Becca! I'm here--" she glanced at the hag and growled, stepping closer, wand drawn. "Get your hag off the child--" she snapped at the other woman. "Or I will--"

Old 01-21-2018, 12:00 AM   #93 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

"Mummy!" Noah perked up immediately, feeling all kinds of mighty now that her mother was in the room because it meant the hag would have to do what she said. The little girl stuck her tongue out at the creature but her jaw soon hung open at her version of events.

"Nuh-uh!" The six year old protested. "I was playing with my new friend Becca and...and....we were playing hide and seek then she came and tried eating my friend, Mummy, tell her she can't eat my friend!" Because she COULDN'T.

Of course, she could tell her mother was not pleased with having to come into the shop to begin with buuuuuut this was kinda more important, the hag was trying to leave with her friend! bfsljubgfrlfgrpi!!! Noah clung back to Becca, trying to get her to stop crying but it was no use while the hag had her hands on her. "It's okay." She told her. "Mummy's here so we're safe, promise." Oh, but there was the lady from the bank and the little boy. What were they doing here? She wasn't done playing with Becca yet!!!!! They had to leeeaaavvvveeeee.

This....wasn't what she imagined on the walk back to her office. Hell, this wasn't what she expected on any day of the week. Her Friend....? There weren't children running around the alley for Noah to make friends. Didn't take long to realize the kid must've gone off to find her own. No regard to how this could become a proper problem. Typical.

"Or you'll what?" Emma turned to the woman who'd entered, the one obviously in charge of the little girl. "Please, my imagination's not what it used to be I'm afraid. What exactly will you do if this child and yours become stew?" The woman did not take kindly to threats, least of all when they were made down in her alley. You let it happen once and suddenly everyone would clambering down here with demands and outlandish statements.

"I don't think you've weighed the situation fully. I'll give you the opportunity to begin again. I'm nothing if not a reasonable woman looking for the fastest route to a resolve."

Threats, threats were the long way, and that way tended to be painful.

Wyatt didn't really care if Becca's Mommy was sad...like.....at all. She wasn't his Mommy and sometimes she gave him these looks when he was over to play with Becca. What he cared about was HIS Mommy and himself getting OUT of this scary place.

"I diiiiiiid try Mommy!" He insisted, feeling as if he was now being blamed for the whole thing when Becca was the one that decided to run off. "I tried and tried and tried but you KEEP SHUSHING ME!" And hurting his little feelings in the process. There was only so much trying the boy could do.

BECCA! O_O

Why was the scary monster holding her? "You said everything was fine! Mommy, Mommy that's not fine she'd gonna get eated! Mommy DO SOMETHING. Becca you're in SO much trouble. You're gonna die! And that's gonna get my Mommy in trouble because you ran away!" Helpful, he was helpful....or he had been until the woman began to speak again. Suddenly the little boy found himself shrinking under her gaze. Wyatt tried to hide himself behind his mother's legs, now even more certain he didn't wanna be here. "Mommy....can we go now, please?"

Old 01-21-2018, 04:20 PM   #94 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Lynley's eyes drew to Becca, who was crying and holding onto the unknown little girl, who also looked a little scared, then to the hag...,then to the woman, who received a squinted look from Lynley. She let her wand hand drop to her side and felt her own features harden. She was not one to back down. She was not, but when the safety of her child as well as someone else's child was at stakes...she had to play her cards right.

"I don't know, but I will do crazy things for my child. And that child is with me right now," she nodded at Becca. She looked down at Wyatt and stroked his hair gently. "Wyatt, please...we'll be okay." She felt bad telling him to SHUSH again after all the shushing she had done before!

Merlin, she had liked the Alley as her stop for her special nail polish recipe ingredients. She wondered if she'd be targeted if she ever came back...but she didn't see why if she was a paying customer. Which... "I just want to leave with my child--" she patted Wyatt, "And that one...unharmed. I shop here all the time. A paying customer, if you will. And a department head at the ministry. I'm sure you wouldn't want the ministry snooping around down here, do you?" Because if anything HAPPENED to Lynley...well, it'd be noticed immediately. "Again...I...just want to leave. And never speak of this again." She wasn't sure how...kindly the woman would take to any of her arguments. But at least she wasn't pointing a wand in her direction.

And the child...she wondered who that child was....

Old 01-26-2018, 12:31 AM   #95 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

She didn't understand the school of thought that she couldn't recognize those who shopped here frequently, nor did she understand the one that said "if in trouble, name drop the Ministry of Magic". She was quickly losing her patience with this one. Department Head or not, it did little when you were dead and your children were scattered to the wind. Emma was a long term planner and Ministry intervention would be short term at best.

"Alright, let me stop you there for the sake of everyone present. You obviously can't be trusted to put a satisfying end to this situation so it's my turn." Before she tried dropping any other threats...if that's what they were meant to be.

"Hildegard, the girl. Now." She waited patiently as the Hag shoved the second little girl in her direction. She placed a hand on her shoulder, applying only enough force to keep her in place. Noah skipping over to join them was given little more than a glance before Emma's gain rested on the woman again.

"It's clear these two were expecting an adventure down in Knockturn Alley today. No harm done, no need to bring it up again. You say you'll keep them out of my alley," Her son and this one, "and everyone can go their separate ways." She would deal with her own child after. the look she shot her said as much. "You're familiar with the way the world works down here. I'd hate to find out you've become a problem. I trust we're on the same page here?" Best strike while the iron was hot, Ms. Purcell. A crime had not yet been committed, but Emma was by no means opposed to it either.

Old 06-26-2018, 04:03 AM   #96 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

West entered the shop, holding a broom that had seen far better days. The means by which it had been obtained may not have been the most honest, but he was now the owner and wished to have it repaired. It would have been much less costly to have it looked at in Diagon Alley, but there would most definitely have been questions that he was not prepared to answer.

There was an uneasy air about the shop that he steeled himself against, not wanting to appear as visually out of sorts as he felt on the inside. Thankful for his height and muscular stature, he held his head high and strode with determination to the counter for assistance.