sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 4154 users online including...
Holmesian Feline , Alexrut , Williamwar , Ronaldsnut , Austinwals , astrocat , Ver

7 members
4147 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 53: September - December 2019

Term 53: September - December 2019 Term Fifty-Three: When In France (Sept 2099 - June 2100)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2019, 12:34 PM

Default The Borrowed Greenhouse

At the base of the three main greenhouses there is a smaller greenhouse that was, up until the beginning of the 2099-2100 school year, used mostly for storage and for temporary housing of plants that needed to be moved elsewhere. This term however, this smaller greenhouse has been set aside for Hogwarts students and it will serve as their herbology classroom for the year in order to keep the curricula separate.

The workstations here are for Hogwarts students to make use of, both during lessons and outside of lessons as needed, and there are cubby areas and shelves where you may store your equipment and any plants that are deemed safe to leave here unattended.

This small greenhouse also opens out onto a small (but well-ventilated) outdoor area that has clearly been used for making fertilizer mixes in the past. It smells..... earthy, but not unpleasant. Currently there is nothing growing here, but that is expected to change throughout the course of the term. If you take a closer look, however, the various garden beds all have rune stones, and even a few bindrunes, placed strategically here and there (Berkano, Laguz, Dagaz, Jera, and Sowilo all feature), all of which have been activated and seem to glow gently.

Finally, the professor's small, borrowed office adjoins the greenhouse, and due to the glass walls, when she is in her office she can see into the greenhouse and through to the outdoor area and keep an eye on things, so be sure to behave.
Old 09-20-2019, 02:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Chloe was in need of some stress relief, she was feeling very uptight so far this term. She couldn't shake it and now that there was no Quidditch for the term the feeling was getting worse. When she couldn't fly her next favorite thing was to head to the greenhouse so that was exactly what she did. There were assignments she probably should be getting to and everyone was already talking about the ball thing that was going on, but Chloe had been not feeling any of it. Her usual social ways seemed to have gotten lost in this beautiful place and all she could do as stress over classes, her hopes, and dreams of becoming pro, and Owls. The fifth-year needed to let go and soon before her head exploded.

Moving into the area she looked around and tried to figure out what she could do and what she wanted to do. Walking around and just taking it in she couldn't help but look at the stones and wonder what ould be planted and if they could maybe plant something of their own.

Maybe she could ask the professor, but then again that left the question of what did she want to plant?
Old 09-25-2019, 03:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Ombrelune
Bundimun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Chloe was in need of some stress relief, she was feeling very uptight so far this term. She couldn't shake it and now that there was no Quidditch for the term the feeling was getting worse. When she couldn't fly her next favorite thing was to head to the greenhouse so that was exactly what she did. There were assignments she probably should be getting to and everyone was already talking about the ball thing that was going on, but Chloe had been not feeling any of it. Her usual social ways seemed to have gotten lost in this beautiful place and all she could do as stress over classes, her hopes, and dreams of becoming pro, and Owls. The fifth-year needed to let go and soon before her head exploded.

Moving into the area she looked around and tried to figure out what she could do and what she wanted to do. Walking around and just taking it in she couldn't help but look at the stones and wonder what ould be planted and if they could maybe plant something of their own.

Maybe she could ask the professor, but then again that left the question of what did she want to plant?
This was getting entirely out of hand. Unlike some of the others, Aesha was thrilled by the new opportunity. That did not, however, negate how exhausting it made the term. There was so much running about in order to make sure that everything went undetected, that she hardly had time to focus on any of her other research. This was not something she took well to. Aesha Amin needed multiple projects, otherwise she would combust. It was a known fact.

Once she was able to slip away from another one of their meeting spaces, Aesha made her way toward the greenhouses. She had been planning to collect some herbs for her potions, but the Hogwarts' greenhouse peaked her curiosity and she could not help but venture inside.

For research.

She noticed the Hogwarts girl, but decided to pretend as if she did not. Oops?
Old 09-25-2019, 10:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesha Amin View Post
This was getting entirely out of hand. Unlike some of the others, Aesha was thrilled by the new opportunity. That did not, however, negate how exhausting it made the term. There was so much running about in order to make sure that everything went undetected, that she hardly had time to focus on any of her other research. This was not something she took well to. Aesha Amin needed multiple projects, otherwise she would combust. It was a known fact.

Once she was able to slip away from another one of their meeting spaces, Aesha made her way toward the greenhouses. She had been planning to collect some herbs for her potions, but the Hogwarts' greenhouse peaked her curiosity and she could not help but venture inside.

For research.

She noticed the Hogwarts girl, but decided to pretend as if she did not. Oops?
This was not going well....

Chloe had all hopes to get right to business and now she was just walking around looking at things. No inspiration was coming to her and it was bumming her out completely. Maybe she wasn't a true herbologist like her father, he would have had inspiration in a second, she just knew it. Where was Calyx when she needed him. He'd have an idea or three of what she could give a try to, but if it was truly going to be hers she needed to come up with it on her own.

Thinking maybe she'd just grab some books and research a few different plants that she might like to try some crossbreeding with she turned just to see that she wasn't alone. It was a student she hadn't met, but did she want Chloe to speak to her was the question. She had come into their greenhouse, so maybe she'd want some company. Moving closer Chloe gave a bright smile, "Hello, doing anything interesting?"
Old 09-26-2019, 01:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Ombrelune
Bundimun

Quote:
This was not going well....

Chloe had all hopes to get right to business and now she was just walking around looking at things. No inspiration was coming to her and it was bumming her out completely. Maybe she wasn't a true herbologist like her father, he would have had inspiration in a second, she just knew it. Where was Calyx when she needed him. He'd have an idea or three of what she could give a try to, but if it was truly going to be hers she needed to come up with it on her own.

Thinking maybe she'd just grab some books and research a few different plants that she might like to try some crossbreeding with she turned just to see that she wasn't alone. It was a student she hadn't met, but did she want Chloe to speak to her was the question. She had come into their greenhouse, so maybe she'd want some company. Moving closer Chloe gave a bright smile, "Hello, doing anything interesting?"
Like her Headmistress, Aesha, too, had a distaste for their long-term guests. They were nosy, quick to blame, lacked any sense of sophistication, and their accents were utterly atrocious. This visit into the Hogwarts' greenhouse was only meant to be a quick snoop. A quick compari--

"Bonjour," she gave the girl a look up and down. She was far too happy. Something was off. "No, I am simply browsing." It wasn't any of her business, anyway. See? They were all nosy. Though... Perhaps she could be of use. "Could you show me around?"
Old 09-26-2019, 02:24 AM   #6 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

Quote:
Like her Headmistress, Aesha, too, had a distaste for their long-term guests. They were nosy, quick to blame, lacked any sense of sophistication, and their accents were utterly atrocious. This visit into the Hogwarts' greenhouse was only meant to be a quick snoop. A quick compari--

"Bonjour," she gave the girl a look up and down. She was far too happy. Something was off. "No, I am simply browsing." It wasn't any of her business, anyway. See? They were all nosy. Though... Perhaps she could be of use. "Could you show me around?"
Coming from Germany and having many friends that attended this school before ever stepping foot in it Chloe was comfortable with the accents she heard and she hadn't been thinking when she said hello instead of Bonjour, but that really wasn't something she dwelled on. She knew her friends were nice and assumed they all were. In all honesty, she almost had thought about coming here at one point and could have easily. Trying to not be a horrible guest she switched to French even though she wasn't as fluent in it as she was English and German, "Oh, is it different from yours?" Chloe glanced around and instantly wanted to compare the two, maybe hers would give her some inspiration, but she wanted to have a tour of theirs.

"Well sure I can give you a..." how would you say tour? She thought a moment for the word and then went back to English, "Sorry, I know some words, my family speaks French, but I don't know all." SHe had family that spoke Spanish as well and she had no clue any of that, though she did want to learn. "Anyway I can if you want me to. I mean I'm just getting used to it all myself." Not that the area was all that big or many things were in it yet. She looked around not sure where the girl wanted to start.

"These are the work areas and cubbies, you probably have a much bigger greenhouse." She was a bit jealous of that thought.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ombrelune
Bundimun

Default Sorry for the delay.

Quote:
Coming from Germany and having many friends that attended this school before ever stepping foot in it Chloe was comfortable with the accents she heard and she hadn't been thinking when she said hello instead of Bonjour, but that really wasn't something she dwelled on. She knew her friends were nice and assumed they all were. In all honesty, she almost had thought about coming here at one point and could have easily. Trying to not be a horrible guest she switched to French even though she wasn't as fluent in it as she was English and German, "Oh, is it different from yours?" Chloe glanced around and instantly wanted to compare the two, maybe hers would give her some inspiration, but she wanted to have a tour of theirs.

"Well sure I can give you a..." how would you say tour? She thought a moment for the word and then went back to English, "Sorry, I know some words, my family speaks French, but I don't know all." SHe had family that spoke Spanish as well and she had no clue any of that, though she did want to learn. "Anyway I can if you want me to. I mean I'm just getting used to it all myself." Not that the area was all that big or many things were in it yet. She looked around not sure where the girl wanted to start.

"These are the work areas and cubbies, you probably have a much bigger greenhouse." She was a bit jealous of that thought.
Aesha almost immediately narrowed her eyes. She could only assume that the Hogwarts girl was trying to undermine her by speaking in French. Aesha's English was fine. "Ours is more expansive. Yours is quaint." She watched the girl curiously, almost feeling bad for assuming the worst.

"If you do not know your way around..." Then it wouldn't be necessary. Aesha could give herself a tour around the place. It would waste far too much time to be shown around by someone who had no understanding of the greenhouse they were in. She trusted herself to identify the various plants without any help.
Old 10-10-2019, 03:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

Quote:
Aesha almost immediately narrowed her eyes. She could only assume that the Hogwarts girl was trying to undermine her by speaking in French. Aesha's English was fine. "Ours is more expansive. Yours is quaint." She watched the girl curiously, almost feeling bad for assuming the worst.

"If you do not know your way around..." Then it wouldn't be necessary. Aesha could give herself a tour around the place. It would waste far too much time to be shown around by someone who had no understanding of the greenhouse they were in. She trusted herself to identify the various plants without any help.
She frowned a moment, of course, their garden was bigger, it was their permanent one. She looked at the girl feeling smaller than even her usual. Green eyes looking around their smaller one, "You should see our student greenhouse at Hogwarts. It's beautiful and has so many plants. My parents actually planted a plant that is still there." She thought about Jacob's Ladder and frowned more, would it still be there after they were gone this long?

"I've been in a few times, but still learning. Everything here is just so different." It was nice but frustrating. She wanted to be back at Hogwarts in the comfort of her dorm, her greenhouse, getting to have quidditch, but her thoughts went to Tad and her eyes tried to give way, but she pushed the tears back, "What is your favorite thing to do in a greenhouse?"

Trying to move back to plants and possibly her experiment she thought she'd ask how much the girl knew about it. "I'd like to do a crossbreed, but I can't figure out which one."
Old 10-15-2019, 01:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
Ombrelune
Bundimun

Quote:
She frowned a moment, of course, their garden was bigger, it was their permanent one. She looked at the girl feeling smaller than even her usual. Green eyes looking around their smaller one, "You should see our student greenhouse at Hogwarts. It's beautiful and has so many plants. My parents actually planted a plant that is still there." She thought about Jacob's Ladder and frowned more, would it still be there after they were gone this long?

"I've been in a few times, but still learning. Everything here is just so different." It was nice but frustrating. She wanted to be back at Hogwarts in the comfort of her dorm, her greenhouse, getting to have quidditch, but her thoughts went to Tad and her eyes tried to give way, but she pushed the tears back, "What is your favorite thing to do in a greenhouse?"

Trying to move back to plants and possibly her experiment she thought she'd ask how much the girl knew about it. "I'd like to do a crossbreed, but I can't figure out which one."
Aesha wasn't at all bothered by the girl's reaction. Empathy had never been one of her strengths. Besides, she wasn't exactly here to make friends. She simply wanted information and if the Hogwarts' girl was not tough enough, then it wasn't her problem. "Hmm," Aesha simply hummed in response. She didn't care to know more about the girl's parents. It was useless information. She also highly doubted that the plant would have survived the mist they kept speaking about. If it had caused an entire student population to relocate, then the flora was likely affected as well.

"....." Aesha gave the girl a questioning look. There weren't many things a person could do in a greenhouse. "Experimentation and ingredient collection." To keep it simple.

Finally, the blonde had said something interesting. "Why?" Why did she want to crossbreed, that is.
Old 10-24-2019, 02:49 AM   #10 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

Quote:
Aesha wasn't at all bothered by the girl's reaction. Empathy had never been one of her strengths. Besides, she wasn't exactly here to make friends. She simply wanted information and if the Hogwarts' girl was not tough enough, then it wasn't her problem. "Hmm," Aesha simply hummed in response. She didn't care to know more about the girl's parents. It was useless information. She also highly doubted that the plant would have survived the mist they kept speaking about. If it had caused an entire student population to relocate, then the flora was likely affected as well.

"....." Aesha gave the girl a questioning look. There weren't many things a person could do in a greenhouse. "Experimentation and ingredient collection." To keep it simple.

Finally, the blonde had said something interesting. "Why?" Why did she want to crossbreed, that is.
Chloe couldn't help but watch the girl, she seemed a bit odd. Not horribly unfriendly but not super friendly either. She couldn't put her finger on it, but maybe the girl was just preoccupied. Giving a look at the garden she couldn't help but think about the plants at home and feel her stomach turn a bit homesick.

Hoping for some in-depth plant conversation she frowned at the girl's quick answer. This wasn't going well at all and Chloe was ready to just leave. It was obvious she wasn't really wanted here. Trying to come with some common ground she figured maybe she'd ask the girl about a few of her friends that went here. "Do you know Jorg Fisher or Greta Newson?" Her fellow Germany teammates did play for their team, so maybe she knew them.

"Oh I don't know, my dad is a herbolgist and was doing crossbreeding by this point at school, I feel like I'm behind in it if I want to possibly be a herbologist like him one day. What about you, what do you want to do when you leave school?"
Old 10-30-2019, 01:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
Ombrelune
Bundimun

Quote:
Chloe couldn't help but watch the girl, she seemed a bit odd. Not horribly unfriendly but not super friendly either. She couldn't put her finger on it, but maybe the girl was just preoccupied. Giving a look at the garden she couldn't help but think about the plants at home and feel her stomach turn a bit homesick.

Hoping for some in-depth plant conversation she frowned at the girl's quick answer. This wasn't going well at all and Chloe was ready to just leave. It was obvious she wasn't really wanted here. Trying to come with some common ground she figured maybe she'd ask the girl about a few of her friends that went here. "Do you know Jorg Fisher or Greta Newson?" Her fellow Germany teammates did play for their team, so maybe she knew them.

"Oh I don't know, my dad is a herbolgist and was doing crossbreeding by this point at school, I feel like I'm behind in it if I want to possibly be a herbologist like him one day. What about you, what do you want to do when you leave school?"
Aesha was quite aware of the girl's watchful eye, but she wasn't particularly concerned. It really did not faze her at all, truth be told. If anything, it only made her feel more confident.

"... Yes," she gave the girl a questioning look. Was there a reason she brought up those names? As far as Aesha was concerned, neither of them were worth her interest. She kept her circle very tight. It was important to have standards, you see. And aside from those who met them, there were very few she gave her attention too. Aesha didn't have time to know the nuances of everyone's lives.

The Ombrelune looked at the girl with utmost curiosity. This was by far the most interesting moment of this entire interaction. It was quite funny to see the silly little girl flounder a bit. "Is that what you want to do?" Because her word choice was very peculiar. "I blaze my own path, never mind what my parents do." She ran her finger along a leaf as she continued, "Alchemy."