sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 4188 users online including...
Ronaldsnut , Alexrut , Austinwals , FrancisAdurf , ArchieHon , Stevendalo , Harleysag , Georgelip

9 members
4179 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 51: January - April 2019

Term 51: January - April 2019 Term Fifty-One: Don't Feed the Furries (Sept 2097 - June 2098)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2019, 12:42 PM

Default Flying Lesson Two {Quidditch Tactics}

Early in the morning, yet hopefully not too early in that you hopefully remembered to have some breakfast and likely a class, after changing into athletic gear and grabbing your broom, you make your way out to the quidditch pitch. Where you'll find Professor Adara hovering on her own broom just a couple feet off the ground.

"Welcome! Start with some light stretching and we'll begin shortly!" She called out to those arriving.

ooc: we'll begin in a few hours after I see enough posts in here LESSON HAS STARTED. Don't post arriving late, unless you wish to be penalized, but you're more than welcome to join in at ANY TIME. Catchup posts allowed / welcome too!

Lesson Progression
Question One
Mini Activity
Main Activity
Question Two
Old 03-23-2019, 01:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Chloe bounced towards the pitch, she was ready for flying lessons. With her tryouts over she felt a little more light on her feet when it came to flying. Headed to the shed she grabbed her broom and went on the pitch.

"Hi Professor"

Looking around and seeing that she was the first, Chloe set her broom down and started with her stretches. Bending down to get her legs all stretched out she wondered what they would be doing today.
Old 03-23-2019, 06:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

YAY flying time! Nettie was so happy the weather was finally clearing up and they could do fun outdoor activities again that didn't involve giving magical creatures a bath, like Care of Magical Creatures. Plus, she couldn't help but feel optimistic the past few days, ever since she'd help get those mutant things shipping off to the Ministry. Hopefully in a few days, she'd have an answer to this hair growth thing, and she could get on with her life and have her gorgeous hair back to normal!

"Hey Chloe," she said with a smile as she approached her dormmate and fellow teammate. She put her stuff down and followed suit with the stretches as she smiled at Adara. "Hello Professor," she added in greeting as she began to move.

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Old 03-23-2019, 11:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Reuben Albert Darcy-Stemp
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3
Sarah thinks I'm cute | Shan's safe space.

Having his own broom was definitely the best thing about being a second year, Józef thought as he made his way down to the flying lesson. With it slung across his shoulders, he was convinced that he looked incredibly cool - like, even cooler than without it, and that was obviously a tall ask for the second year who thought he exuded cool every day.

Grinning around at the people already gathered, he started to stretch. "Hey, Nettie," he couldn't help but call out.

Was he aware that he annoyed her? One hundred percent. Was he ever going to stop? Doubtful.

⇀ Standing now, calling all the people here to see the show_____________________________
Calling for my demons now to let me go ↽

Old 03-24-2019, 02:12 AM   #5 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Not to rodomontade or anything, but Derf really didn't need to attend flying lessons. That same urge to prove himself as a first year when older classmen had judged him and Abey for attending was no longer, not even in lingering thoughts, and his flying abilities were well beyond what Hogwarts could test him with in this particular capacity. That just came with, you know, summers on the U-17's and all that pitch experience.

But there was no way Derf would be missing this. Flying was freeing in so many ways and experiencing Hogwarts in flight was, well, those days were numbered for him as a student. You know? He didn't reckon he would ever be back here as a professor, despite peers insisting that he could and how easily they could see it, so...this really was it.

"Good day," he greet everyone, leaning against his broom and gnawing idly on the handle. Chloe had braided his hair back for him so it was out of his face and all - at least what she could manage to brain back. This fur situation was still...you know...troublesome. There was a reason birds had feathers and not fur, you know?

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
Old 03-24-2019, 03:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Tina approached the quidditch pitch, her old Comet tucked under her arm. Normally she was excited for flying lessons, but ever since she saw the notice for this lesson, she felt conflicted. She had her own broom and a willingness to fly, but a willingness to work as a team… not so much. Not that she had anything against her classmates. There was just too much uncertainty involved with teamwork, and Tina Dantes did not do uncertainty! She wondered what they could be doing today that would require teamwork; the only thing she could think of was quidditch. Was that the lesson today? Something quidditch-related?

“Good morning, Professor Adara,” Tina greeted, giving the woman a polite nod. A few other nods of acknowledgment were given to the other students, though she was too shy to initiate conversation. She set her broom and bag on the ground beside her and began a series of light stretches, just as instructed.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 03-24-2019, 10:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young
International Cooperation
Sardine VIP || Shark Attack! || D A R T E R || Captain Oblivious

"Hello Professor." Valencia greeted as she made her way to the group. She dropped the broom to the ground as she began doing some warm up stretches. Looks like they'd be up in the air today, which was going to be fun. Maybe. Hopefully. She did enjoy the feeling of the wind in her hair.

_____________________________________________I Was Enchanted To Meet You
Old 03-25-2019, 02:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5
Oh, how we drift away from our friends. And the ones back home play remember when

Daisy made her way to the Quidditch pitch carrying her broomstick in her left hand. "Good morning Professor Adara," Daisy greeted with a smile. She then offered her fellow students a polite wave as she set her broomstick on the ground and began to do her stretches.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:05 AM   #9 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

In hindsight, Amelia really should have been calling this a Flying Practice, not a Flying Lesson, seeing how it wasn't necessarily a lesson. And most - all? - of those present had been playing quidditch for at least a year now. "Chloe, Nettie" She greeted of the two Ravenclaws, wishing she could do something for the latter girl's ... situation. At least the mutant fuzzballs were caged up and out of the castle?

"Józef. Derf, morning," she said to the two males who approached. Wait, since when had the head boy had braids?? He was inflicted too? Merlin, Amelia was barely keeping up with those affected, but her heart ached for them and hopefully soon they'd be back to their normal ... less hairy selves.

"Morning, Tina. And Daisy."

"Alright, let's get started," Because waiting around too long and they would run out of time before they got to anything exciting!! "While you're stretching out those growing muscles, what are some different quidditch techniques that you have heard of? It doesn't matter if you've tried them or not. Alternatively, if someone mentions the only maneuver you know, you can also tell us how do you perform that maneuver or who do you know of that has used this maneuver and when?"

ooc: We'll move on in about 20 hours from now, but you only need to answer ONE of the questions ..... Just providing options so everyone has the opportunity to contribute something So to reiterate, you can provide ONE quidditch technique. OR how is one of the maneuvers mentioned performed? OR who has used this maneuver / when/where?

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 03-25-2019 at 03:28 AM.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:18 AM   #10 (permalink)

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5
Oh, how we drift away from our friends. And the ones back home play remember when

Daisy thought of her singular answer, having narrowed down the answers that were flying around in her mind as she continued with her warm-up stretches. Raising her hand, she answered with "I've heard of the Hawkshead Attacking Formation."
Old 03-25-2019, 06:40 AM   #11 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Poltergeist

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection
x9
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

Hanna continued with her stretching as Professor Adara started her lesson, making sure her legs especially were given attention. She didn't want pulled muscles, especially with the end of year approaching. Holiday dance was something she looked forward to every year, and she would not be missing out because she didn't take proper care of her limbs.

She thought about the different quidditch techniques, some that came to her mind she had tried, some successfully, others she could only dream of performing. One that she had practiced, but never in a match, was the Wronski Feint. She raised her hand up and said "The Wronski Feint is one."

EVASIVE | RESTLESS | MISUNDERSTOOD
always on the move
Old 03-25-2019, 11:30 AM   #12 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12

Stretching? Derf was still a bit too preoccupied with gnawing on the handle of his broom like a beaver to a log to be doing much of that in the moment. Granted, his teeth were hardly qualified for such an undertaking but here he was regardless. Bit of drool now clinging to the hairs on his chinny chin chin - which were LONG, for the record - he used his back teeth on the tip while the healer spoke.

Different quidditch techniques? He had loads of those, unique tactics and stuff from his time with the U-17 Wales team. Some he was, well, there were some secret maneuvers that he wasn't really allowed to share. But there was one which he had come up with the name for and was specific to the team of three chasers on the pitch. "There is the Radial Runespoor," he offered up while raising his free hand. "It's a chaser attack formation we used on the Wales team."

Hmmm. Was this little bit of wood at the end coming loose?

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
Old 03-25-2019, 11:52 PM   #13 (permalink)

DERP & DMGS
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jacoby Rivers
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Callista Rivers
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nathaniel Flannagan
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Patrick Dooley
Ecological Protection
Stealthy Ninja Queen | Snake For Life | waddling baker | binge royalty ♚

Patrick had been off in the far off section stretching. He hated to be in the front row during stretching. It always made him feel watched, which he hated soooo much it wasn't even funny. Bending forward and touching his toes then crossing one over the other he touched his toes again.

He heard Professor Adra ask the question, standing back up he raised his hand. "I'm partial to an american hockey maneuver called the flying v. If I remember correctly it came from a movie first then sports." he finished the statement laughing a bit at the thought.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:07 AM   #14 (permalink)
formerly: Optimist.Prime

DMLE & DMT
Fwooper

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Yarborough
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emerald Peridot "Dot" Ainsley
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

x10
HOLISTIC ACTRESS {X O} EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED

Beth was there, in class listening…feeling the warm spring air…really, she was enjoying the man eating mutant free school now…just no one release them – please. Her eyes flicked around to her classmates as Professor Adara began the lesson.

Professor Adara of course got a kind smile and wave when she got into the pitch…she was listening especially when Cap’ spoke. Yep, flying V was a total thing…Looking at. Her classmates the blonde raised her hand and waited. ”I really like the Bludger Backbeat…its tough but its fun and I mean you’ve got to be careful or you’ll just wham yourself with a bludger but that’s the fun of it?” did she sound mental? Maybe…but that was the move she’d been practicing all year.

Smashing a bludger behind her to confuse her opponents…even if she was only a reserve it still meant that practice was necessary.

IT'S NOT AN ACT OF LOVE __________________________________________________ ___________
Old 03-26-2019, 12:42 AM   #15 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
Daisy thought of her singular answer, having narrowed down the answers that were flying around in her mind as she continued with her warm-up stretches. Raising her hand, she answered with "I've heard of the Hawkshead Attacking Formation."
Amelia beamed at the first hand raise. Simple and straight forward. A classic maneuver too. "Yes. A chaser move, when the chasers all fly together in an arrowhead towards the opposition's goalposts. A classic example to show how well chasers can work together, or not." Figuring adding the or not made sense, since well, if the move failed, then likely due to lack of teamwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post
Hanna continued with her stretching as Professor Adara started her lesson, making sure her legs especially were given attention. She didn't want pulled muscles, especially with the end of year approaching. Holiday dance was something she looked forward to every year, and she would not be missing out because she didn't take proper care of her limbs.

She thought about the different quidditch techniques, some that came to her mind she had tried, some successfully, others she could only dream of performing. One that she had practiced, but never in a match, was the Wronski Feint. She raised her hand up and said "The Wronski Feint is one."
"Ah this one. For seekers who can pull this one off successfully, bravo. Faking a snitch spotting?? It's rather brilliant but as with any tactic, overusing it could prove ... faulty and to work against you. You have to know when to apply tactics." Did that make sense? Maybe, maybe not but it was one of those things that was hard to explain. You actually had to be out there performing them and failing at them to know when they'll work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Stretching? Derf was still a bit too preoccupied with gnawing on the handle of his broom like a beaver to a log to be doing much of that in the moment. Granted, his teeth were hardly qualified for such an undertaking but here he was regardless. Bit of drool now clinging to the hairs on his chinny chin chin - which were LONG, for the record - he used his back teeth on the tip while the healer spoke.

Different quidditch techniques? He had loads of those, unique tactics and stuff from his time with the U-17 Wales team. Some he was, well, there were some secret maneuvers that he wasn't really allowed to share. But there was one which he had come up with the name for and was specific to the team of three chasers on the pitch. "There is the Radial Runespoor," he offered up while raising his free hand. "It's a chaser attack formation we used on the Wales team."

Hmmm. Was this little bit of wood at the end coming loose?
Was Derf eating his broom??? "Uh Derf, you might want to... not eat that... you're going to need that to fly." Merlin, where was the Ministry with the cure that they promised. "I ... haven't heard of that one? Is it similar to the hawkshead attacking formation?" Given that they were both chaser tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusblackliveson View Post
Patrick had been off in the far off section stretching. He hated to be in the front row during stretching. It always made him feel watched, which he hated soooo much it wasn't even funny. Bending forward and touching his toes then crossing one over the other he touched his toes again.

He heard Professor Adra ask the question, standing back up he raised his hand. "I'm partial to an american hockey maneuver called the flying v. If I remember correctly it came from a movie first then sports." he finished the statement laughing a bit at the thought.
"The flying v? Well this one I would suspect would be the american version of the hawkshead, giving a v could be similar to the arrow?" Amelia glanced at the snake captain expectantly, hoping he could provide more details about it. Sadly, she didn't know too much of American tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist.Prime View Post
Beth was there, in class listening…feeling the warm spring air…really, she was enjoying the man eating mutant free school now…just no one release them – please. Her eyes flicked around to her classmates as Professor Adara began the lesson.

Professor Adara of course got a kind smile and wave when she got into the pitch…she was listening especially when Cap’ spoke. Yep, flying V was a total thing…Looking at. Her classmates the blonde raised her hand and waited. ”I really like the Bludger Backbeat…its tough but its fun and I mean you’ve got to be careful or you’ll just wham yourself with a bludger but that’s the fun of it?” did she sound mental? Maybe…but that was the move she’d been practicing all year.

Smashing a bludger behind her to confuse her opponents…even if she was only a reserve it still meant that practice was necessary.
"Ahhh ... I've seen this one used before!!" Amelia grinned at the young snakette. "It's another clever one to unsuspecting opponents." Sometimes the best tactics that involved faking out, which okay too but again, needed to be careful to not overuse these.

"Alright, so in addition to the five or so tactics mentioned, there are MANY others. There's the Blitzen Ballet, the Sloth Grip Roll, Starfish and Stick, Porskoff Play, Dopplebeater defense, double eight loop and many many more." Amelia continued on. "Some can be done individually, whereas others, such as the Hawkhead Attacking Formation need assistance of your peers. So next task is that its time to mount your brooms and we're going to spend the next fifteen to twenty minutes practicing a minimum of two tactics. You should feel comfortable with at least one and if you're feeling especially confident, you're welcome to try more than two. Let me know if you need my assistance."

ooc: Time for the mini activity!!! So try to master at least two quidditch tactics. Can choose from the above mentioned OR there's a more complete list here. Obviously some like the Bludger Backbeat you can do individually, whereas others will require you to tag-team with each other. You have approximately 48 hours for this task before we move on =)

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Old 03-26-2019, 06:29 AM   #16 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Was Derf eating his broom??? "Uh Derf, you might want to... not eat that... you're going to need that to fly." Merlin, where was the Ministry with the cure that they promised. "I ... haven't heard of that one? Is it similar to the hawkshead attacking formation?" Given that they were both chaser tactics.
Huh? Derf was, somehow, unaware of what he as doing - the whole gnawing on his broom handle and all that. But even so...it was highly unlikely that he was going to eat the entire thing and then have nothing to fly on. "Uuuh...not really," he replied while momentarily pulling his mouth away from the handle to speak properly. Manners and all, shouldn't talk with your mouth full. "I mean...outside of it being an attacking formation done by chasers. It's more strategic than the Hawkshead Attacking Formation and doesn't reply on intimidation to execute though."

He probably wasn't reaaaaaaaally allowed to share too much more.

As for this whole practicing thing...er...Derf was back to getting distracted by gnawing on his broom. Like...really REALLY gnawing on it. That is until he let out a loud YELP as a splinter from the bit he had been chewing on plunged itself in the soft plump pink flesh of the inside of his lower lip.

Y I K E S

Old 03-27-2019, 12:46 AM   #17 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Huh? Derf was, somehow, unaware of what he as doing - the whole gnawing on his broom handle and all that. But even so...it was highly unlikely that he was going to eat the entire thing and then have nothing to fly on. "Uuuh...not really," he replied while momentarily pulling his mouth away from the handle to speak properly. Manners and all, shouldn't talk with your mouth full. "I mean...outside of it being an attacking formation done by chasers. It's more strategic than the Hawkshead Attacking Formation and doesn't reply on intimidation to execute though."

He probably wasn't reaaaaaaaally allowed to share too much more.

As for this whole practicing thing...er...Derf was back to getting distracted by gnawing on his broom. Like...really REALLY gnawing on it. That is until he let out a loud YELP as a splinter from the bit he had been chewing on plunged itself in the soft plump pink flesh of the inside of his lower lip.

Y I K E S
UH OH

The last thing she expected was the head boy to actually bite off a piece of the wood. CRIKEY. The bit he had mentioned on the radial runespoor went unnoticed because there were pressing matters right now in which the healer found herself over at his side taking temporary hold of his broom to allow herself to better have a look. "Mr Ashburry-Hawthorne.........." and quickly summoned her emergency splinter kit to help him out.

"Open just a little please." His mouth, obviously.

Old 03-27-2019, 05:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Nettie was just about to get on her broom when she noticed that Derf was...basically eating his broomstick. She immediately thought of Mark and felt her heart drop. Poor kid. And he had NEWTs to study for too! And look what had happened to his beautiful hair! She felt so bad. At least Adara was assisting to him - had he gotten a splinter in his MOUTH?! Y I K E S.

Shaking her head and focusing back on her broom, she kicked off the ground and decided to practice some of the moves that would best benefit her as a chaser. She floated around for a bit before speeding up and attempting the sloth grip roll, a move that she'd done a few times during practice. Pretending there was a bludger coming her way, she flipped her broom and did a barrel roll before straightening back up again.

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Old 03-29-2019, 05:38 PM   #19 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

She had been stretching and listening and listening and stretching, but it was now time to get moving and Chloe couldn't be more excited. She hopped on her broom and looked at the list that they had.

Which one could she try? Oh, she knew exactly which move she needed to practice and master, but she also knew it could hurt. Moving up in the air just a little more she made sure not to be to high in the air. Fallin practicing this would not be good.

Carefully she let herself fall upside down on the broom holding on tightly with her hands and her legs. Trying to move a bit and loosen her grip to do the Sloth Grip Roll, she let go with one and the next thing she knew she was on the ground.

Hmm, legs needed to be tighter.
Old 03-29-2019, 06:50 PM   #20 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8

Amelia was watching as Nettie and Chloe both seemed to practicing their maneuvers alright. No assistance really needed from them. And hopefully Derf would be alright now that she'd used her splinter removal kid and some healing salve on his lip. Perhaps he'd have learned to not eat the wood of his broom??? Except it was unlikely as Amelia knew there was really only one thing and hopefully that cure would be ready soon.

Time to move on though.

"Alright, now that you've tested a maneuver or two, time to team up and try to use as many techniques as possible to fly from one set of goal hoops to the other. Essentially once you complete a task, you can tag another and see who can get from one end to the other the fastest using only these maneuvers." Did that make sense? Maybe? Possibly? She was around to assist.

ooc: sooo for clarity sake, the cure rp in the hospital wing is AFTER this lesson. Sorry for the previous confusion Now onto the main activity portion of the lesson. It's a tag based house relay game. Although if there's a shortage of members of your house you're free to let yourself be tagged by another house ... but basically work independently or with each other to complete as many maneuvers as possible. You're welcome to attempt multi-user moves such as the hawkshead formation to display your willingness to work with others.

For example: Student A to complete the sloth grip roll and Student B needs to wait to complete the starfish and stick; student B can help student A with tips too to help them along. BUT if Student A is really struggling, Student B can act first and then student A can continue to work on their maneuver and be the second person in the lineup...

This activity will last until Sunday evening; so a little more than 72 hours =D

Old 03-30-2019, 02:36 PM   #21 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default not sure if...this is right but someone come chase us? XD

Well...worse things had happened to him but MERLIN did a splinter inside the mouth HURT. Holding as still as he possibly could while the healer worked, Derf wanted nothing more than to mount his broom and take off. It was, you know, kinda awful being in a flying class and being grounded. The irony being that he was grounded by the very thing meant to get him airborne. "Uh...thanks," he mumbled while running his tongue over the spot where the splinter had been, tasting the familiar metallic flavor of blood. Least it wasn't as bad as the bludger he had taken to the jaw over the summer.

No sooner had he finally kicked off the ground were they being given a new set of instructions. Tag with quidditch tactics...he could do that. Though he wasn't sure which one to go for to start...

Eventually settling on the Wollongong Shimmy, the seventh year began with some slow zigzags to warm up.

"OOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooi, catch me if you can!" he playfully taunted, leaning forward on his broom a bit to pick up speed.

Old 03-31-2019, 02:05 PM   #22 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8

Everyone - well mostly the Head Boy - seemed to have gotten into it to which Amelia nodded at him. "Yes perfect, Derfael!" She shouted up at the Hufflepuff. And glanced around at anyone else.

"Exactly like that is what we're supposed to be doing. Gotta race him to the other end using quidditch maneuvers." Hopefully she'd see some other moving around.

"While you're flying, think about something else... if you could create your own flying maneuver, what would it be called? Would you need multiple players to perform it correctly? What position would perform it?"

ooc: Still time to get in posts for the main activity, but this is question two... I'll be closing this thread in 12-24 hours (tomorrow morning the absolute latest cause points are due tomorrow night) questions, ask me?

Old 03-31-2019, 07:12 PM   #23 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default *catches up on all the things* Feel free to say she tagged you!
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Text Cut: Question 1
Up, down, left, right...Tina continued her stretching. She was in the middle of stretching her legs when she heard the first question. Oh, so they were doing quidditch today? This was going to be fun! She thought for a minute, making a mental list of all the possible answers she could give. Her personal favorite quidditch technique was the Bludger Backbeat - she’d gotten pretty good at that one in her three years playing quidditch at Beauxbatons (and her one as a reserve here at Hogwarts, she supposed), and best of all, it was a move she could do on her own! But that Slytherin girl (Beth) mentioned it before Tina had the chance. Well, so much for that answer!

The next thing that popped into her mind was a maneuver she’d seen in action many times but never actually tried. Tina’s hand shot up, and she said after being called on, “The Blitzen Ballet, Professor. It’s a chasers’ move popularized by the French National team. The chasers pass the quaffle to each other, then one jumps onto another’s broom to confuse the keeper while the third chaser scores.” She didn’t realize until after she’d spoken that she’d given a lot more information than the professor asked for; she blushed slightly, staring at the ground. Sorry, Professor! She got a bit overly enthusiastic with that one.

Text Cut: Mini Activity
Tina listened carefully to the instructions for the activity. Finally, they were going to get into the air and actually try some of these techniques. Well, it was about time! The normally stoic Ravenclaw was having a hard time keeping still while listening. Okay, two quidditch tactics in twenty minutes… she could do this! She mounted her old Comet and kicked off excitedly. Now which maneuver should she do first? She decided to start with the Bludger Backbeat. It had the most potential to be useful to her as a beater, and she didn’t need another person’s help to do it.

Tina glanced behind her to sort of gauge the angle of her swing. While gripping her broom handle with her left hand, she pretended to hold a beater’s bat in her right. She took a backhanded swing, sending an imaginary bludger behind her, and she couldn’t help but feel a little silly as she did so. Did it work? She had no idea. It was a lot harder to gauge the accuracy of her swing without any actual equipment. After a couple more times practicing the backbeat on imaginary bludgers, she decided that was probably as good as her swings were going to get without the use of any real equipment. Which move should she try next?

She’d always wanted to try the Starfish and Stick, though she had no idea when she’d ever use it on the field. She usually played beater, not keeper! Still,she decided to go for it. When else would she get an opportunity to practice? Tina chuckled to herself as she remembered the drawing of this move in action from Quidditch Through the Ages. She didn’t know why but she always found that stick-figure quidditch player with its limbs stretched out pretty funny - and that drawing paired with the instructions “Starfish without stick should never be attempted” was even funnier! Like anybody would be dumb enough to try that! Now what would be the safest way to go about this? Probably start with a sloth grip roll, then unhook one arm and leg. Tightly gripping her broom with both hands and both legs, she rolled upside down. When she was confident in her balance, she released her left leg and hooked her right foot around the broom handle.So far, so good...now she just had to let go with her left hand and spread her limbs out more. Steady, steady… and she did it!

Tina had just completed her Starfish and Stick when the lesson moved on. She listened intently,just as she always did when a professor gave directions, but she was confused. Uhh...let’s see if she was understanding this correctly. So one person was supposed to complete a quidditch move, then tag somebody else and that person complete a move and on down the line until somebody reached the opposite goal posts? Was that it? The Head Boy’s taunt suddenly jerked her out of her thoughts, and now she was even more confused! What was he doing? She thought they were supposed to tag somebody else once they finished their maneuver, but she didn’t see that he’d tagged anybody. Maybe she just missed it?

Not much later, Tina heard the professor say the head Boy was doing exactly what they were supposed to. Okay, then… if that was what they were supposed to do, she’d go along. She sped after the Hufflepuff, keeping her body as close to her broom handle as possible to reduce her wind resistance. He may have had a head start, but she was quickly closing distance. Come on, faster! Faster! She thought, urging her broom on. She was not settling for second place today! As she went, she descended sharply into a tight spiral dive, rose, then did another spiral dive, just for good measure. Her dark eyes scanned the pitch for some other person to tag upon completing her dives. As she did so, she considered the next question.

What kind of quidditch maneuver would she invent? Would it require more than one person? That part was a no-brainer! Tina was used to flying solo (both figuratively and literally),so why would she create a move that needed multiple people? Now she just needed to figure out what exactly her move would entail. Something to do with beating… she had it! What if there was a way to apply her divide-and-conquer approach to life to the game of quidditch? Maybe hit a bludger at a gap between two or more players flying near each other… that could theoretically make it more difficult to tell which player the bludger was aimed at and cause the group to scatter. Now she just needed a name. How about… the Dantes Divide? Ooh, she liked that! But would Professor Adara like it? She didn’t want her idea to get shot down in front of the whole class! It took her a couple minutes to pluck up the courage to raise her hand.When called on, she said in an uncharacteristically small voice, “My maneuver would be called the Dantes Divide. It’s a single-player move for Beaters.The object is to hit the bludger at a space between two or more players, which is meant to make it harder to tell which player was the target and cause all players in the vicinity to scatter.” She hoped that answer was good enough!

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 04-03-2019, 02:27 PM   #24 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8

Amelia watched as the Ravenclaw took off after the Head Boy, nodding appropriately and then took note of her suggestion. Named after herself, of course, because why name or invent something unless you were going to be forever remembered by it? It wasn't a matter of ego, but self-preservation.

But no matter, because it was time to go... To which Amelia whistled loudly to call attention to the flyers.

"Times up! Feel free to work more on tactics in the coming months and have a great summer!" There was the quidditch world cup, so it was likely she would be seeing some of them too.