sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 4014 users online including...
Alexrut , Ronaldsnut , Stevendalo , Austinwals , PhoenixRising , Christianxs

6 members
4008 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 51: January - April 2019

Term 51: January - April 2019 Term Fifty-One: Don't Feed the Furries (Sept 2097 - June 2098)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 12-05-2018, 11:40 AM

Default Great Lake

Located just south of the castle is a large body of water known as the Great Lake or the Black Lake. This is where the first years encounter the school for the first time when the Groundskeeper takes them there by boat. After seven years they will leave the castle, their individual house and their home behind as they sail back across the Great Lake to embark on new adventures.

If you decide to dip your toes in the water, be careful of the many magical creatures inhibiting the lake that might mistake a little student’s toe for a tasty treat. For in the Great Lake lives everything from merpeople to grindylows. Bartholomew Henry, the Giant Squid, however is not interested in nibbling on toes, but would much rather have someone tickle his tentacles while he soaks up some sun.

Why don’t you follow his lead and do the same? Do some homework in the sun heated grass, take that well deserved nap before Ancient Runes or catch up on that reading. Enjoy your time at the Great Lake!
Old 03-07-2019, 07:06 AM   #26 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce Darlington View Post
Levitating the cages in front of her, Joyce led the group towards the lake. So far so good... they hadn't come across any of the pesky little nuisances yet. Perhaps they preferred the warmth of the castle or perhaps they were just well hidden...

"Remember what Headmaster Trent said," she spoke up, addressing the group. "Using force isn't necessary. Let's make sure we search the area thoroughly. We'll need people searching up and down the pathways... the boathouse, the maize maze..." What she was trying to say, was these creatures could be anywhere. "Don't leave any stone unturned but most importantly, stay vigilant. They might be pink and fuzzy but we've all witnessed what these creatures can do."

Dolly Dopple, anyone?
Stopping on the bank of the lake near Joyce he was a bit worried that they hadn't encountered any of the pink fuzzy furrballs yet, did that mean that they didn't like the outside? Joshua's head was buzzing with questions as Joyce took the lead and reminding them all of Headmaster Trent's words of caution.

Hanna offered courageously to go search the boathouse. Before Joshua had a chance to offer her his company the other ministry officer that had come with them had offered to join her. He'd let Joyce decide on that. Instead Joshua said "I can take the maize maze alone unless someone want's to tag along? I assume we regroup here after we searched these 3 areas to share findings if any?" The question was directed to Joyce as well as the other present adults.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:24 PM   #27 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Joyce Darlington
Graduated

She didn't think it was wise to be letting students go off mutant hunting alone and was about to tell Hanna just as much when one of the Ministry officials kindly offered to go along with her. Sounded like a perfect plan. "Miss Newton and Sloane will be taking the boathouse," she confirmed with a nod, levitating one of the cages their way. "Search the area thoroughly and should you find anything, remember not to touch them." Touching them seemed to have some very strange side effects.

"Do we have any volunteers willing to check the maize maze with Professor Wishart?" She asked the rest of the volunteers. It was definitely recommended to go searching in pairs or small groups.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:02 AM   #28 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Poltergeist

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection
x9
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce Darlington View Post
She didn't think it was wise to be letting students go off mutant hunting alone and was about to tell Hanna just as much when one of the Ministry officials kindly offered to go along with her. Sounded like a perfect plan. "Miss Newton and Sloane will be taking the boathouse," she confirmed with a nod, levitating one of the cages their way. "Search the area thoroughly and should you find anything, remember not to touch them." Touching them seemed to have some very strange side effects.

"Do we have any volunteers willing to check the maize maze with Professor Wishart?" She asked the rest of the volunteers. It was definitely recommended to go searching in pairs or small groups.
Hanna was happy that anyone was joining her for the hunt, and gave Sloan, someone she'd never met before, a thankful smile. Not that she wanted to admit she would have been a bit scared to search by herself, but she got the impression she probably wouldn't have been allowed to anyway.

The cages were sent towards them, just in case, and she knew there was not a chance she would actually touch one of them. Strange side effects may include, but not limited to, being eaten.

EVASIVE | RESTLESS | MISUNDERSTOOD
always on the move
Old 03-08-2019, 11:16 PM   #29 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
Default We're hereee
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Amelia approached (slightly belated to make sure those in the Hall were joining a search party) just in time to hear Joyce's words on basically searching everywhere and staying vigilant.

"Right then, I'll head down the pathways," she declared, as Hanna and a ministry official were going off to check the boathouse. Perhaps Bartholomew was around to ask questions of as well, since the squid seemed to seen quite a lot. Also the pathways would give her an opportunity to eye the pitch as well.

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
Old 03-10-2019, 10:13 AM   #30 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Reuben Albert Darcy-Stemp
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3
Sarah thinks I'm cute | Shan's safe space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Rylee let out a breath in relief when Jozef said he wasn't looking for the pink fluffy mutant creatures. "Good, it's not smart to go looking alone." Things could happen. Not that things couldn't happen if you were with others but at least you would have back up should it be needed.

A light smile formed on her face when he agreed to walk with her to the lake. When her question was met with a nod and what could only be the look of a true Gryffindor she couldn't help but grin in return. Looks like it was time for an adventure and Rylee didn't back out of adventures. Plus she couldn't let him go off to check out the noise on his own.

"I'm am!" she called back quickening her step even as her left hand moved to draw her wand... just in case.
Józef would have said something to the effect of smart not being fun, had he been listening, but he was too focused on where his footsteps were leading him. He did look back over his shoulder a couple of times to make sure Rylee was following him, and when he saw her move to draw her wand he quickly fumbled for his, too.

Magic might be useful, after all. And it wouldn't do to be caught off guard. He kept it in his holster, but rested a hand at the ready.

And then he suddenly stopped. Lowering his voice to a whisper, he indicated a wriggling bush to Rylee. "I think it's in there."

⇀ Standing now, calling all the people here to see the show_____________________________
Calling for my demons now to let me go ↽

Old 03-10-2019, 02:07 PM   #31 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Amelia approached (slightly belated to make sure those in the Hall were joining a search party) just in time to hear Joyce's words on basically searching everywhere and staying vigilant.

"Right then, I'll head down the pathways," she declared, as Hanna and a ministry official were going off to check the boathouse. Perhaps Bartholomew was around to ask questions of as well, since the squid seemed to seen quite a lot. Also the pathways would give her an opportunity to eye the pitch as well.
Joyce's question about volunteers to go with him went unanswered by the gathered student's. The ministry official that followed Joshua out of the castle seemed to have wandered off on the way to the lake. When Amelia that had joined them a little late declared that she'd search the pathways Joshua considered the options and then interjected. "I'll go with you Professor Adara we can search the pathways first and then the maze. It's better to go in pairs instead of searching alone for safety's sake." With a glance to Joyce he said "We'll be back in a bit..." and then he left the lake search group to go towards the pathways assuming Amelia would follow him.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:24 PM   #32 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
Józef would have said something to the effect of smart not being fun, had he been listening, but he was too focused on where his footsteps were leading him. He did look back over his shoulder a couple of times to make sure Rylee was following him, and when he saw her move to draw her wand he quickly fumbled for his, too.

Magic might be useful, after all. And it wouldn't do to be caught off guard. He kept it in his holster, but rested a hand at the ready.

And then he suddenly stopped. Lowering his voice to a whisper, he indicated a wriggling bush to Rylee. "I think it's in there."
Would have likely laughed had he have said that. Rylee smiled softly when she noticed Jozef following suit and resting his hand on his wand. Being that they had no idea what they would be met with there was no point in taking chances.

All to many times had she been caught off guard. Live and learn. And boy had she had her fair share of adventures and mishaps through the years and even just recently.

Rylee took one step and than another smaller one putting herself between Jozef and the wriggling bush, she was the older lion here. "I think you're right," she agreed dropping her voice to a whisper that matched his. "Be ready just in case..." Ry glanced quickly over her shoulder at him nodding her head.

Using her wand she lightly poked at the bush to see what would happen. Using the tip of her wand she tried to part some of the leaves and branches enough to peer inside. That was when she heard it. A sound that made her heartbeat race in her chest and jump backwards about a foot into the air it had startled her so. A tiny barely audible 'meow'. It had taken her so much by surprise that it actually took a few seconds for her to realize what it was and than she laughed.

"Jozef... I don't think it's a furry pink mutant," Rylee giggled lowering her wand and inching closer to the push again. This time using her hand to carefully make an opening in the branches to look inside. There huddled together stuck in the bush were tiny itty bitty kittens! Kittens that were much to small to be here all alone! "I need help. Help me get them out of here?" She beckoned her fellow lion closer.

You are Bread!
Old 03-12-2019, 07:34 PM   #33 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lyric Bayliss-Black
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Marilyn Romalotti
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel P. Banner
Law Enforcement
x12 x12
Zombie Apocalypse Team Leader ★ ★ in a crown of pepperoni and artisan cheese

Aaron made good time in dropping off his (and Maxie's) belongings, and had even put on some clothes that didn't smell like boy musk. The professors could thank him for that one later.....

As he jogged his way onto the grounds, looking for any cluster of school officials and Ministry workers, he had to berate himself on running towards the problem. If not for just a moment. It would've been so easy to simply turn around and see himself safely back to the castle, and after what his cousin had endured, he was tempted... but Aaron couldn't run. Not when there were other kids out and about, trying to help.

At first, he had to stop...and remind himself that he wasn't a bat. Meaning, he needed to light up his wand. The Hufflepuff had waited, so the light wasn't bouncing all over the place (he'd later insist). After spotting the group of adults (and kids), he made his approach, just catching the tail-end of a conversation. HA! Just in time.

"I'll stay with Professor Adara... " Ahem... Yep, he was just going to go with them, and tug Maxie along with him, because staying with the First Year was the whole reason Aaron was out here in the first place. So, gently poking the younger boy's shoulder, he gestured to the retreating professors. "Shall we?"

OOC: I got permission to include and move Nicole's character!

Livin' in ruins of a palace, within our dreams...____________
We're on each other's team._____

Last edited by Govoni; 03-12-2019 at 08:07 PM.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:36 AM   #34 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Joyce Darlington
Graduated

SPOILER!!: mutant group!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post
Hanna was happy that anyone was joining her for the hunt, and gave Sloan, someone she'd never met before, a thankful smile. Not that she wanted to admit she would have been a bit scared to search by herself, but she got the impression she probably wouldn't have been allowed to anyway.

The cages were sent towards them, just in case, and she knew there was not a chance she would actually touch one of them. Strange side effects may include, but not limited to, being eaten.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Joyce's question about volunteers to go with him went unanswered by the gathered student's. The ministry official that followed Joshua out of the castle seemed to have wandered off on the way to the lake. When Amelia that had joined them a little late declared that she'd search the pathways Joshua considered the options and then interjected. "I'll go with you Professor Adara we can search the pathways first and then the maze. It's better to go in pairs instead of searching alone for safety's sake." With a glance to Joyce he said "We'll be back in a bit..." and then he left the lake search group to go towards the pathways assuming Amelia would follow him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govoni View Post
Aaron made good time in dropping off his (and Maxie's) belongings, and had even put on some clothes that didn't smell like boy musk. The professors could thank him for that one later.....

As he jogged his way onto the grounds, looking for any cluster of school officials and Ministry workers, he had to berate himself on running towards the problem. If not for just a moment. It would've been so easy to simply turn around and see himself safely back to the castle, and after what his cousin had endured, he was tempted... but Aaron couldn't run. Not when there were other kids out and about, trying to help.

At first, he had to stop...and remind himself that he wasn't a bat. Meaning, he needed to light up his wand. The Hufflepuff had waited, so the light wasn't bouncing all over the place (he'd later insist). After spotting the group of adults (and kids), he made his approach, just catching the tail-end of a conversation. HA! Just in time.

"I'll stay with Professor Adara... " Ahem... Yep, he was just going to go with them, and tug Maxie along with him, because staying with the First Year was the whole reason Aaron was out here in the first place. So, gently poking the younger boy's shoulder, he gestured to the retreating professors. "Shall we?"

OOC: I got permission to include and move Nicole's character!

"Thank you for joining us, Mr Botros." She sent a nod of appreciation in the young Hufflepuff's direction as he joined the group. The more volunteers the better in Joyce's opinion. Hopefully, this meant she was able to do all the designating and not get her hands too dirty. Not that she had a problem with getting her hands dirty but, well......

The initial plan had been to split into smaller groups and search the area but something in the distance had suddenly caught the older woman's attention and her eyes visibly widened. "Everyone.... we're going to need everyone at the pathways at once." Because it looked like some of the creatures had finally made their way out of the castle and had found an innocent straggler.

"Wishart, Adara, make sure that boy doesn't touch them! Everyone else, take a cage and let's get going!"
Old 03-23-2019, 10:59 PM   #35 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Reuben Albert Darcy-Stemp
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3
Sarah thinks I'm cute | Shan's safe space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Would have likely laughed had he have said that. Rylee smiled softly when she noticed Jozef following suit and resting his hand on his wand. Being that they had no idea what they would be met with there was no point in taking chances.

All to many times had she been caught off guard. Live and learn. And boy had she had her fair share of adventures and mishaps through the years and even just recently.

Rylee took one step and than another smaller one putting herself between Jozef and the wriggling bush, she was the older lion here. "I think you're right," she agreed dropping her voice to a whisper that matched his. "Be ready just in case..." Ry glanced quickly over her shoulder at him nodding her head.

Using her wand she lightly poked at the bush to see what would happen. Using the tip of her wand she tried to part some of the leaves and branches enough to peer inside. That was when she heard it. A sound that made her heartbeat race in her chest and jump backwards about a foot into the air it had startled her so. A tiny barely audible 'meow'. It had taken her so much by surprise that it actually took a few seconds for her to realize what it was and than she laughed.

"Jozef... I don't think it's a furry pink mutant," Rylee giggled lowering her wand and inching closer to the push again. This time using her hand to carefully make an opening in the branches to look inside. There huddled together stuck in the bush were tiny itty bitty kittens! Kittens that were much to small to be here all alone! "I need help. Help me get them out of here?" She beckoned her fellow lion closer.
Honestly, Jó was quite surprised when Rylee put herself in between him and the susurrous bush - yeah, she was older, and yeah, she had way more experience with Hogwarts and it's craziness but he kind of expected her to be a bit more timid. Of course, that was possibly just the fact that, if this school had taught him anything, it was that one should definitely let someone else handle the dangerous things. No way would he be putting himself between people and possible danger on purpose.

"Duh," was the only response he could come up with, his voice a little louder as he forgot to whisper. He was BORN ready, didn't she know that?

If she didn't, then she definitely should have.

"What?" No mutants?! Józef's disappointment was obvious as he shuffled closer to Rylee and the bush, angling his head to peer inside. "Oh." Kittens were... Kinda cute. Not that he'd admit that to anyone ever, of course. He looked at the older Lion for a moment before shrugging and reaching into the bush, attempting to grab one of the kittens.

⇀ Standing now, calling all the people here to see the show_____________________________
Calling for my demons now to let me go ↽

Old 03-26-2019, 01:16 PM   #36 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
Honestly, Jó was quite surprised when Rylee put herself in between him and the susurrous bush - yeah, she was older, and yeah, she had way more experience with Hogwarts and it's craziness but he kind of expected her to be a bit more timid. Of course, that was possibly just the fact that, if this school had taught him anything, it was that one should definitely let someone else handle the dangerous things. No way would he be putting himself between people and possible danger on purpose.

"Duh," was the only response he could come up with, his voice a little louder as he forgot to whisper. He was BORN ready, didn't she know that?

If she didn't, then she definitely should have.

"What?" No mutants?! Józef's disappointment was obvious as he shuffled closer to Rylee and the bush, angling his head to peer inside. "Oh." Kittens were... Kinda cute. Not that he'd admit that to anyone ever, of course. He looked at the older Lion for a moment before shrugging and reaching into the bush, attempting to grab one of the kittens.
There was no time to be timid or afraid when you weren't sure what it was you were being faced with. At least whatever was in the bush wasn't very big. Sure she got scared but she wouldn't be admitting to that. Whatever was going to happen would happen no matter where she was standing.

His response made her smile just a little bit she didn't look away from the bush. To look away would have been a problem.

Rylee could hear the disappointment in Jozef's voice as he edged closer to her. "Kittens." Super tiny, adorable, fluffy kittens. Ones that were all alone when they should be with their mama. When Jozef had gotten a kitten out of the bush she reached in and gently picked out the other, no doubt scratching up her hands and arms on the branches as she did so. "I wonder where their mum is." She questioned out loud already looking around for a mama cat.

You are Bread!