sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 4313 users online including...
Austinwals , Stevendalo , Kimothy , Ronaldsnut , Alexrut , astrocat , duerieple , Shawnxhn , SamuelSmina

9 members
4304 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Charles Hollingberry Era

Charles Hollingberry Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Minister for Magic, Charles Hollingberry [IC March 2097 - present; OOC November 2018 - present]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 11-12-2018, 06:18 AM

Default Seating Area

*click for live version*

Right as you exit the areas set aside for the main buffet, the juice bar, and the dessert bar, you'll come into a section filled with enough tables and chairs to accommodate the large number of employees working at the Ministry of Magic. There's really nothing special here. The tables and chairs are typical of those you'd find in any other cafeteria, with the exception of the multi-colored theme that seems fairly evident throughout the food court. So grab a chair; a red one, blue one, yellow one...whichever you'd like! Enjoy your meal, and please--come again!
Old 03-27-2021, 01:44 PM   #101 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Gabe! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Gabriel shook his head. Nothing was wrong. He just tried very hard not to think of his own wasted years at university. Well, he did not think the years were a waste, but the time in those classes certainly had been. The only class that had been useful in any sort of way had been his English class, and his wizarding law class. And they would have been more useful if they'd been less boring.

"That's very ambitious, Brody," he commented, definitely impressed. What was that, five languages? Counting was not Gabriel's specialty. Almost as many as his sister. The two would probably get along, Isabella enjoyed that book learning nonsense as well. "I grew up speaking Portuguese and Spanish, if you would like a conversation friend." Was that what it was called? Someone to practice a second language with? He was not sure, but he thought his words conveyed the sentiment.

He took another bite of his sandwich, letting their conversation pause because he was hungry. YATI training made a man hungry.

Brody dug in heartily to his sandwich again, his gaze never leaving Gabriel as he sized the other guy up. The twenty year old had already arrived at the conclusion that Gabriel wasn’t much of a talker. This made him think that he was mysterious, and that was enough to keep him interested for now. ‘For now’ because Brody was yet to find someone yet to hold his attention for an extended period of time. Since the MLEr had shaken his head, he chose to leave the question where it was, even though there was a lot of curiosity about why Gabriel had frowned and shaken his head.

So. Brody’s language ambitions HAD been recognised; Gabriel was definitely impressed. And then it was his turn to be impressed. “You did? That’s impressive. Would you be interested in being my Portuguese tutor?’’ Listen, Brody usually came to the point when he was serious about something…. Because YES! He certainly liked the idea of Gabriel being his tutor.

“Sure, you can be my language buddy,’’ Brody replied in Spanish. Though he was grinning, he was quite sure he made some serious mistakes with putting that sentence together.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 03-29-2021, 11:30 PM   #102 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Default for clarity this is pre-fire/battle TL <3
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

SPOILER!!: Brody
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

Brody dug in heartily to his sandwich again, his gaze never leaving Gabriel as he sized the other guy up. The twenty year old had already arrived at the conclusion that Gabriel wasn’t much of a talker. This made him think that he was mysterious, and that was enough to keep him interested for now. ‘For now’ because Brody was yet to find someone yet to hold his attention for an extended period of time. Since the MLEr had shaken his head, he chose to leave the question where it was, even though there was a lot of curiosity about why Gabriel had frowned and shaken his head.

So. Brody’s language ambitions HAD been recognised; Gabriel was definitely impressed. And then it was his turn to be impressed. “You did? That’s impressive. Would you be interested in being my Portuguese tutor?’’ Listen, Brody usually came to the point when he was serious about something…. Because YES! He certainly liked the idea of Gabriel being his tutor.

“Sure, you can be my language buddy,’’ Brody replied in Spanish. Though he was grinning, he was quite sure he made some serious mistakes with putting that sentence together.

Gabriel was not trying to be mysterious. Sneaky sometimes, sure. One had to be sneaky to play pranks on siblings or friends or teachers. He was not, for the record, trying to pull any pranks on Brody. He did not know him well enough for that, and didn't want to scare off a potential new friend. Merlin knew he needed more friends around here.

He smiled bashfully as Brody said he was impressed. Knowing three languages was not even something Gabriel had tried to do. Given the choice, he likely would have settled for two. It just came with the whole growing up in multiple countries and having parents with different first languages deal. "I have never been a tutor before," he said slowly. "But I would be pleased to help."

Especially if the payment was friendship because, did he mention he needed more friends?

Gabriel grinned as well as Brody switched to surprisingly coherent Spanish, though he could not quite place the accent. "Am I correct in assuming you went to Hogwarts?" he asked, also in Spanish. This could certainly be fun, he thought as he finished off his sandwich.
Old 04-01-2021, 12:16 AM   #103 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Gabe with the sweet smile <3
Quote:
SPOILER!!: Brody

Gabriel was not trying to be mysterious. Sneaky sometimes, sure. One had to be sneaky to play pranks on siblings or friends or teachers. He was not, for the record, trying to pull any pranks on Brody. He did not know him well enough for that, and didn't want to scare off a potential new friend. Merlin knew he needed more friends around here.

He smiled bashfully as Brody said he was impressed. Knowing three languages was not even something Gabriel had tried to do. Given the choice, he likely would have settled for two. It just came with the whole growing up in multiple countries and having parents with different first languages deal. "I have never been a tutor before," he said slowly. "But I would be pleased to help."

Especially if the payment was friendship because, did he mention he needed more friends?

Gabriel grinned as well as Brody switched to surprisingly coherent Spanish, though he could not quite place the accent. "Am I correct in assuming you went to Hogwarts?" he asked, also in Spanish. This could certainly be fun, he thought as he finished off his sandwich.

Along the friends line… Brody didn’t have many either. That was mainly because he rarely found the urge to get close to anyone. Not even his flings. His closest friend was Annabeth and that was because they had gone through the Hogwarts years together. Not to mention they had been there for each other through some rough stuff. But Brody wouldn’t mind getting to know Gabriel one bit.

The younger guy’s eyes lit up with interest as he watched Gabriel smile. Now that certainly was a charming smile. Brody likey. “Oh you would be? Great!’’ Colour him totally thrilled. “It would have to be until after I master Spanish though. I don’t think I could manage two languages, university, working and having a limited social life all at the same time.”

The Coordinator started to bob his head before catching himself. He was supposed to be practicing Spanish! It seemed his words before were handled well enough for Gabriel to understand. “Yes. All of my seven years. Your accent sounds a lot like the one my Uncle sometimes has so I’m going to make an educational guess and say you’ve spent a lot of your time somewhere in South America.’’

Old 04-03-2021, 02:38 AM   #104 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:

Along the friends line… Brody didn’t have many either. That was mainly because he rarely found the urge to get close to anyone. Not even his flings. His closest friend was Annabeth and that was because they had gone through the Hogwarts years together. Not to mention they had been there for each other through some rough stuff. But Brody wouldn’t mind getting to know Gabriel one bit.

The younger guy’s eyes lit up with interest as he watched Gabriel smile. Now that certainly was a charming smile. Brody likey. “Oh you would be? Great!’’ Colour him totally thrilled. “It would have to be until after I master Spanish though. I don’t think I could manage two languages, university, working and having a limited social life all at the same time.”

The Coordinator started to bob his head before catching himself. He was supposed to be practicing Spanish! It seemed his words before were handled well enough for Gabriel to understand. “Yes. All of my seven years. Your accent sounds a lot like the one my Uncle sometimes has so I’m going to make an educational guess and say you’ve spent a lot of your time somewhere in South America.’’
Gabriel was absolutely oblivious to any fling ideas here. His Auror training programme kept him so busy, anything beyond friendship was further from his mind than he was from his hometown. He would have been flattered if he realized, obviously, but was not about to pick up on any subtle clues here. Still, he nodded as Brody deferred any Portuguese tutoring until after this Spanish class he was taking, pulling a faux solemn expression to his face while not bothering to remove the smile from his eyes. "Yes, that seems likee it would be a stretch for anyone," he agreed.

He was fully shocked when Brody confirmed he had gone to Hogwarts, for a full tenure, without providing any indication of what house he was in. This was a first!! In Gabriel's experience, Hogwarts alumnae wanted nothing more than to tell you their house. It was bewildering for someone like Gabriel, whose school hadn't had a house system.

He frankly did not understand it, even after living in Europe for over a year now.

"Yes, I spent most of my childhood in Peru and Brasil," he replied, still in Spanish. Gosh, it was surprisingly relaxing to go back to Spanish after having not spoken it much over the few months. Not since his sister had visited, really. "I attended Castelobruxo for my education." Yes...he was not going to be switching back to English anytime soon. Not when Brody's Spanish was passable. In fact, he was starting to look forward to teaching the other young man Portuguese!

"Where did your uncle learn Spanish?"
Old 04-05-2021, 04:31 PM   #105 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Gabe with the gorgeous eyes ;)
Quote:
Gabriel was absolutely oblivious to any fling ideas here. His Auror training programme kept him so busy, anything beyond friendship was further from his mind than he was from his hometown. He would have been flattered if he realized, obviously, but was not about to pick up on any subtle clues here. Still, he nodded as Brody deferred any Portuguese tutoring until after this Spanish class he was taking, pulling a faux solemn expression to his face while not bothering to remove the smile from his eyes. "Yes, that seems likee it would be a stretch for anyone," he agreed.

He was fully shocked when Brody confirmed he had gone to Hogwarts, for a full tenure, without providing any indication of what house he was in. This was a first!! In Gabriel's experience, Hogwarts alumnae wanted nothing more than to tell you their house. It was bewildering for someone like Gabriel, whose school hadn't had a house system.

He frankly did not understand it, even after living in Europe for over a year now.

"Yes, I spent most of my childhood in Peru and Brasil," he replied, still in Spanish. Gosh, it was surprisingly relaxing to go back to Spanish after having not spoken it much over the few months. Not since his sister had visited, really. "I attended Castelobruxo for my education." Yes...he was not going to be switching back to English anytime soon. Not when Brody's Spanish was passable. In fact, he was starting to look forward to teaching the other young man Portuguese!

"Where did your uncle learn Spanish?"

Brody absent wondered just how long it would take Gabriel to realise that he was being flirted with. Being with MLE, Brody would like to think that Gabriel was trained to make quick observations. But what if he instead scared off Gabriel? Ugh, no. Brody didn’t like the sound of that. But forget that solemn expression, had Gabriel ever checked out his own eyes in the mirror. Man… Brody wanted to drown in them. For that reason, he completely missed the comment of the other young man agreeing with him.

Maybe he missed the shocked expression too. Okay, he did, and he would blame it all on those brown eyes. As for revealing his Hogwarts House, Brody wasn’t sure why he was being mysterious. Then again, mysteries kept things interesting right? That meant there was a possibility that it could keep Gabriel interested.

Wasn’t this conversation taking an interesting turn? Brody forgot all about lunch and his homework. He found conversing with Gabriel so easy, even though it was in Spanish and he was certain there were words he messed up. The younger man was so surprised to learn that there was a possibility that Gabriel may know Uncle Lucas.

“He taught at Castelobruxo for a few years so he learnt it while living in Brasil. He taught there from 2086 to 2088, I think. Do you know him?’’

Old 04-08-2021, 01:07 AM   #106 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:

Brody absent wondered just how long it would take Gabriel to realise that he was being flirted with. Being with MLE, Brody would like to think that Gabriel was trained to make quick observations. But what if he instead scared off Gabriel? Ugh, no. Brody didn’t like the sound of that. But forget that solemn expression, had Gabriel ever checked out his own eyes in the mirror. Man… Brody wanted to drown in them. For that reason, he completely missed the comment of the other young man agreeing with him.

Maybe he missed the shocked expression too. Okay, he did, and he would blame it all on those brown eyes. As for revealing his Hogwarts House, Brody wasn’t sure why he was being mysterious. Then again, mysteries kept things interesting right? That meant there was a possibility that it could keep Gabriel interested.

Wasn’t this conversation taking an interesting turn? Brody forgot all about lunch and his homework. He found conversing with Gabriel so easy, even though it was in Spanish and he was certain there were words he messed up. The younger man was so surprised to learn that there was a possibility that Gabriel may know Uncle Lucas.

“He taught at Castelobruxo for a few years so he learnt it while living in Brasil. He taught there from 2086 to 2088, I think. Do you know him?’’
Gabriel was making quick observations. About his orange. It was supposed to be seedless, but it definitely had seeds. And, like, a few minor observations about Brody. For example, that the man was really kind of staring him down. It was...flattering? Unnerving? Who wanted eye contact while they were chewing? Brody, apparently--well, no, because Brody wasn't chewing.

He put down his orange. He needed Brody to look at his own food, because Gabriel needed to spit out one of the aforementioned seeds.

And, though he was frequently uncomfortable here at the Ministry, or frankly, in London, he felt somehow extra uncomfortable.

Was spitting out orange seeds with eye contact an outlandishly rude thing to do here? He had no idea. Probably best not to risk it. This was his workplace, after all. He didn't want to mess up this YATI thing, he wanted to be an Auror more than...well, more than he loved his mother. Who would probably tell him not to make eye contact whilst spitting out the orange seeds.

What about Castelobruxo?

Gabriel didn't catch the whole of what Brody had just said, but he heard the name of the school, and the years, and was able to draw some conclusions. Thanks to that YATI training. He shook his head. "No, that was before me," he said, trying not to open his mouth too much lest the awkward orange seeds fall out while Brody was still staring at him.
Old 04-09-2021, 03:45 PM   #107 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
Gabriel was making quick observations. About his orange. It was supposed to be seedless, but it definitely had seeds. And, like, a few minor observations about Brody. For example, that the man was really kind of staring him down. It was...flattering? Unnerving? Who wanted eye contact while they were chewing? Brody, apparently--well, no, because Brody wasn't chewing.

He put down his orange. He needed Brody to look at his own food, because Gabriel needed to spit out one of the aforementioned seeds.

And, though he was frequently uncomfortable here at the Ministry, or frankly, in London, he felt somehow extra uncomfortable.

Was spitting out orange seeds with eye contact an outlandishly rude thing to do here? He had no idea. Probably best not to risk it. This was his workplace, after all. He didn't want to mess up this YATI thing, he wanted to be an Auror more than...well, more than he loved his mother. Who would probably tell him not to make eye contact whilst spitting out the orange seeds.

What about Castelobruxo?

Gabriel didn't catch the whole of what Brody had just said, but he heard the name of the school, and the years, and was able to draw some conclusions. Thanks to that YATI training. He shook his head. "No, that was before me," he said, trying not to open his mouth too much lest the awkward orange seeds fall out while Brody was still staring at him.

An orange had Gabriel’s attention more than Brody did?

How positively rude.

But yes. Brody did like staring. It was something he usually did in general so fear not, Gabriel, there was no need to feel self conscious. Truth be told, the younger man wouldn’t even care if he saw Gabriel spitting the seeds out. Then again, Brody possibly wouldn’t even notice the action or think anything of it.

“Oh. Then you’re not too old then,’’ he quickly calculated mentally. See? There he was learning bit by bit about the guy before him. Also. luckily for Gabriel, Brody chose that moment to momentarily turn his attention to the second sandwich as a flavourful aroma wafted up to his nostrils. A huge bite was taken out of it. While his attention was diverted, did Gabriel seize the opportunity to get rid of those seeds?

Old 04-10-2021, 01:33 AM   #108 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:

An orange had Gabriel’s attention more than Brody did?

How positively rude.

But yes. Brody did like staring. It was something he usually did in general so fear not, Gabriel, there was no need to feel self conscious. Truth be told, the younger man wouldn’t even care if he saw Gabriel spitting the seeds out. Then again, Brody possibly wouldn’t even notice the action or think anything of it.

“Oh. Then you’re not too old then,’’ he quickly calculated mentally. See? There he was learning bit by bit about the guy before him. Also. luckily for Gabriel, Brody chose that moment to momentarily turn his attention to the second sandwich as a flavourful aroma wafted up to his nostrils. A huge bite was taken out of it. While his attention was diverted, did Gabriel seize the opportunity to get rid of those seeds?
Not too old then. Not too old then. What did he mean, not too old then?! Gabriel nearly choked on the orange seeds. But luckily Brody was suddenly hungry again after he made that rude observation comment, so Gabriel took advantage of the distraction to spit the orange seeds into a napkin.

Seedless oranges. Hmph.

Finally able to focus on their conversation, and his conversation partner, Gabriel followed suit in the switch back to English. "Not too old for what?" he asked. If Brody was implying he was too old to be in the YATI program, well...he'd only attempted five semesters. It's not like he'd gotten a full degree (or several, like his sister) before deciding to be an Auror.

The idea Brody had even briefly thought Gabriel might be "too old" was just...disconcerting. He was only twenty-one, after all! Practically a child, according to the last time he spoke to his mother.
Old 04-14-2021, 10:50 PM   #109 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Gabriel xD
Quote:
Not too old then. Not too old then. What did he mean, not too old then?! Gabriel nearly choked on the orange seeds. But luckily Brody was suddenly hungry again after he made that rude observation comment, so Gabriel took advantage of the distraction to spit the orange seeds into a napkin.

Seedless oranges. Hmph.

Finally able to focus on their conversation, and his conversation partner, Gabriel followed suit in the switch back to English. "Not too old for what?" he asked. If Brody was implying he was too old to be in the YATI program, well...he'd only attempted five semesters. It's not like he'd gotten a full degree (or several, like his sister) before deciding to be an Auror.

The idea Brody had even briefly thought Gabriel might be "too old" was just...disconcerting. He was only twenty-one, after all! Practically a child, according to the last time he spoke to his mother.

What?

It was just an offhand observation of the fact that the two might be around the same age. Brody kept his suspicion to himself though, for he was still looking to be mysterious. He was storing the newly figured out bit of information in his brain and too busy to realise what Gabriel was really doing with that napkin.

Hmm?

The twenty year old lifted his gaze to Gabriel’s face once more. Oh? So that aspect of the conversation wasn’t being dropped? Brody shrugged, chewing on a bit of lettuce he had picked from the sandwich. “Why do you sound defensive?” Brody asked in English and with great interest. And yes, he was evading the question on purpose. For now maybe.

In reality, it hadn’t even occurred to Brody that his new friend here {would Gabriel consider him a friend?}possibly was older than the usual age range of the YATI programme.

Old 04-15-2021, 11:57 PM   #110 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:

What?

It was just an offhand observation of the fact that the two might be around the same age. Brody kept his suspicion to himself though, for he was still looking to be mysterious. He was storing the newly figured out bit of information in his brain and too busy to realise what Gabriel was really doing with that napkin.

Hmm?

The twenty year old lifted his gaze to Gabriel’s face once more. Oh? So that aspect of the conversation wasn’t being dropped? Brody shrugged, chewing on a bit of lettuce he had picked from the sandwich. “Why do you sound defensive?” Brody asked in English and with great interest. And yes, he was evading the question on purpose. For now maybe.

In reality, it hadn’t even occurred to Brody that his new friend here {would Gabriel consider him a friend?}possibly was older than the usual age range of the YATI programme.

Did he look too old for something? For a playground, maybe, Gabriel thought, but even Brody was too old for a playground. And that was really more about height and weight than actual age.

But defensive? Was he defensive? Gabriel checked his posture. He hadn't drawn his wand. Sure, he was sitting up a little straighter than he had before, but he was a tall sitter. It helped with staying prepared for anything. Say, escaping a fire or chasing after a dark wizard. Not that he really thought that would be an issue here in the ministry, having lunch with Brody, but one never knew.

These were strange times.

"I suppose I understood too old as...geriatric," he explained with a slightly sheepish smile. He wiped his hands (carefully!) on the napkin with the orange seeds in it. He was going to have to get back to work soon, hopefully Brody was nearly finished eating as well. "I am a couple years older than some of the other YATI people, as I went to a few semesters of university before applying to the program," he said, further justifying himself. Why did he feel the need to justify himself? Well, he wanted Brody to like him, that's why. This lunch seemed like beginning of a fruitful friendship, and the end of an orange. "Touchy subject, I suppose...how old are you?" He assumed also not too old, given Brody was still in university, even.
Old 04-19-2021, 12:59 AM   #111 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:

Did he look too old for something? For a playground, maybe, Gabriel thought, but even Brody was too old for a playground. And that was really more about height and weight than actual age.

But defensive? Was he defensive? Gabriel checked his posture. He hadn't drawn his wand. Sure, he was sitting up a little straighter than he had before, but he was a tall sitter. It helped with staying prepared for anything. Say, escaping a fire or chasing after a dark wizard. Not that he really thought that would be an issue here in the ministry, having lunch with Brody, but one never knew.

These were strange times.

"I suppose I understood too old as...geriatric," he explained with a slightly sheepish smile. He wiped his hands (carefully!) on the napkin with the orange seeds in it. He was going to have to get back to work soon, hopefully Brody was nearly finished eating as well. "I am a couple years older than some of the other YATI people, as I went to a few semesters of university before applying to the program," he said, further justifying himself. Why did he feel the need to justify himself? Well, he wanted Brody to like him, that's why. This lunch seemed like beginning of a fruitful friendship, and the end of an orange. "Touchy subject, I suppose...how old are you?" He assumed also not too old, given Brody was still in university, even.

Geriatric.

Now there was a word Brody had not heard in ages. There was the fleeting thought that Gabriel made himself sound even older by using it. However, he didn’t think further on the matter. Not that he had the choice. Why? Well… that smile. It is mighty distracting. Brody was one hundred percent certain that he would go back to staring if he didn’t get a grip of himself. For that reason, he busied himself with finishing up his lunch. It would be soon that he had to find himself back to work, anyway. The realisation was a disappointing one since he’d rather keep chatting with Gabriel.

“You don’t need to explain yourself,’’ the Coordinator replied. The revelation did not make him judge Gabriel in any way. “What matters is that you’ve got your eyes set on becoming an Auror, right? It doesn’t matter that you started training a little later.” Ambitions. Brody would know all about them.

The younger man was quite tempted to flirtatiously tilt his head and ask ‘how old do I look?’ but refrained. His behaviour might be off putting to Gabriel. “I'll be twenty in June.’’ A pause, then… “I’m not a baby like my Aunt likes to say.’’

Old 04-19-2021, 11:11 PM   #112 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:

Geriatric.

Now there was a word Brody had not heard in ages. There was the fleeting thought that Gabriel made himself sound even older by using it. However, he didn’t think further on the matter. Not that he had the choice. Why? Well… that smile. It is mighty distracting. Brody was one hundred percent certain that he would go back to staring if he didn’t get a grip of himself. For that reason, he busied himself with finishing up his lunch. It would be soon that he had to find himself back to work, anyway. The realisation was a disappointing one since he’d rather keep chatting with Gabriel.

“You don’t need to explain yourself,’’ the Coordinator replied. The revelation did not make him judge Gabriel in any way. “What matters is that you’ve got your eyes set on becoming an Auror, right? It doesn’t matter that you started training a little later.” Ambitions. Brody would know all about them.

The younger man was quite tempted to flirtatiously tilt his head and ask ‘how old do I look?’ but refrained. His behaviour might be off putting to Gabriel. “I'll be twenty in June.’’ A pause, then… “I’m not a baby like my Aunt likes to say.’’
Cut the guy a break.

Vocabulary was not Gabriel's strength. Old, ancient, geriatric, these were all interchangeable in English, right? It just depended what he was describing. He raised a brow, and by extension, the corner of his mouth, as the younger young man said he did not need to justify his age. Which Gabriel had not mentioned, by the way. He was going on twenty-two, himself, so only ten percent two years older than Brody.

Definitely a small enough age difference for them to have a lot in common. Not too big an age gap for a lovely friendship.

"Not too young, then," Gabriel said jokingly, grinning at the other fellow. "My ma also likes to think of me as a baby, but we are not." The baby of the family, maybe, barely. But not compared to the world. He shuffled the remnants of the lunch awkwardly, and stood up. He didn't want to leave, but he knew things needed doing, for his afternoon and likely for Brody's as well. Still, he'd enjoyed talking with Brody and thought they could be friends beyond just Spanish conversation partners. "Would you like to have lunch again sometime? Or a cof--er, tea?"

Gabriel preferred coffee, but had learned many people drank tea more frequently.
Old 04-22-2021, 11:26 PM   #113 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
Cut the guy a break.

Vocabulary was not Gabriel's strength. Old, ancient, geriatric, these were all interchangeable in English, right? It just depended what he was describing. He raised a brow, and by extension, the corner of his mouth, as the younger young man said he did not need to justify his age. Which Gabriel had not mentioned, by the way. He was going on twenty-two, himself, so only ten percent two years older than Brody.

Definitely a small enough age difference for them to have a lot in common. Not too big an age gap for a lovely friendship.

"Not too young, then," Gabriel said jokingly, grinning at the other fellow. "My ma also likes to think of me as a baby, but we are not." The baby of the family, maybe, barely. But not compared to the world. He shuffled the remnants of the lunch awkwardly, and stood up. He didn't want to leave, but he knew things needed doing, for his afternoon and likely for Brody's as well. Still, he'd enjoyed talking with Brody and thought they could be friends beyond just Spanish conversation partners. "Would you like to have lunch again sometime? Or a cof--er, tea?"

Gabriel preferred coffee, but had learned many people drank tea more frequently.

Just why had he volunteered that part about Aunt Tallie calling him a baby? Brody could not say. All he knew was that he felt rather foolish admitting it. Fortunately, that feeling was slightly relaxed by Gabriel’s revelation about his own mother thinking of him as a baby. A slow grin creeped up on Brody’s face. “Not too young,’’ he agreed with the joke. “And I won’t tell anyone that your mom thinks of you as a baby if you don’t tell anyone about what my aunt says.’’ Brody was a very capable young man, thank you very much; not a baby.

With great disappointment, Brody watched Gabriel stand. He knew that meant that the other man was leaving and Brody, who had been enjoying the company and conversation, didn’t want him to go. Little did he know Gabriel felt the same. Just as little did he expect an invitation for lunch or cof-tea {yes, he did figure that Gabriel had been about to say coffee}. Was it too forward if he suggested they have lunch tomorrow and tea or coffee another day? Possibly. And Brody did not want to ruin this seemingly budding friendship. Or chase away a potential language tutor. Usually, he did not care about pushing anyone away and was surprised to find that Gabriel was an exception.

“Sure. Just let me know when. You know which department to find me.’’ Brody offered Gabriel a smile. “Hope you have a good rest of the day.”

Old 04-24-2021, 11:10 PM   #114 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:

Just why had he volunteered that part about Aunt Tallie calling him a baby? Brody could not say. All he knew was that he felt rather foolish admitting it. Fortunately, that feeling was slightly relaxed by Gabriel’s revelation about his own mother thinking of him as a baby. A slow grin creeped up on Brody’s face. “Not too young,’’ he agreed with the joke. “And I won’t tell anyone that your mom thinks of you as a baby if you don’t tell anyone about what my aunt says.’’ Brody was a very capable young man, thank you very much; not a baby.

With great disappointment, Brody watched Gabriel stand. He knew that meant that the other man was leaving and Brody, who had been enjoying the company and conversation, didn’t want him to go. Little did he know Gabriel felt the same. Just as little did he expect an invitation for lunch or cof-tea {yes, he did figure that Gabriel had been about to say coffee}. Was it too forward if he suggested they have lunch tomorrow and tea or coffee another day? Possibly. And Brody did not want to ruin this seemingly budding friendship. Or chase away a potential language tutor. Usually, he did not care about pushing anyone away and was surprised to find that Gabriel was an exception.

“Sure. Just let me know when. You know which department to find me.’’ Brody offered Gabriel a smile. “Hope you have a good rest of the day.”
Other people smiling apparently made Gabriel smile. But truly, Brody's friendliness was incredibly reassuring, and the fact he was working to learn new languages made him, Gabriel, much more comfortable because he, Brody, was a little bit closer to understanding the energy required to speak in a second or third language, even when you had known it for years. Maybe he needed to spend more time on level...what level was the Department of International Cooperation? Four? He needed to spend more time on level four.

"Very well," Gabriel said, already thinking ahead to see if there were any planned in-ministry training or paperwork days coming up. He couldn't think of any, but also generally was not big on planning ahead, so. Brody would have to wait for a day-of invitation if Gabriel was arranging it. "You have a good one, also. I hope your Spanish class goes well."

With a final nod, Gabriel carried his lunch remains--mostly the orange peel and seeds--to the bin and headed off, back to Level Two for the rest of his day.