sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1124 users online including...
KeithZinue , Andrewvh

3 members
1121 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Diagon Alley Archive

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2018, 06:00 PM

Default Gringotts Entrance Foyer

If you go up the white marble stairs and through the burnished bronze double doors you will find yourself in Gringotts Wizarding Bank. A Goblin doorman wearing scarlet and gold stands in the doorway and on occasion, a Wizard or two with a probity probe might be found here, checking for troublemakers.

There are large and decorative vases in each corner of this small foyer, each containing a flitterbloom plant that appears to wave at you as you pass by. Silver doors lead into the main hall, which is where you take care of your financial business, and there are words engraved on them:

Enter, stranger, but take heed
Of what awaits the sin of greed,
For those who take, but do not earn,
Must pay most dearly in their turn.
So if you seek beneath our floors
A treasure that was never yours,
Thief, you have been warned, beware
Of finding more than treasure there.

The Entrance Foyer is a busy spot, with many witches, wizards and goblins bustling through it. Feel free to linger for a while and examine the portraits on the walls of famous Curse-Breakers and Goblins, though if the Gringotts security think you are blocking the doors, they'll certainly tell you to move along and you better do what they tell you.

ooc: Please post in the main hall and service counters thread if you wish to be helped by a Goblin. This is just the entrance way and you won't be able to open or access your account from here. You may RP for fun here with your friends if you wish! You can message one of the Gringotts employees (LilFox06) if you have any questions.
Old 12-14-2018, 01:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM
Fire Slug

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mary Muldoon
First Year
Mysteries
inverted spacewalker ☄ quoth the Ravenclaw ☄ poptart torso & rainbow trail, nyan

Mary stepped into Gringotts for the first time, and was somewhat impressed by the grandeur of the place. She was once again worried about her social abilities, after what her siblings had told her about Gringotts.
Old 12-20-2019, 05:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

MO & DMT
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jocelyn Bryce
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jina Morin
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Carson Coleman
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Camilo Aguilar
Quality Quidditch Supplies

Diagon Alley Employee:
Tabatha Krauss
Janus Galloglass
books and cleverness | i like you a latte

Jina walked up the marble stairs to Gringotts Wizarding Bank alone. Her non-magic parents chose to wait for her outside, as they felt uncomfortable in the presence of goblins. She greeted the goblin doorman and made her way through the double doors. The entrance foyer was very nice, but she did not linger long. There were many people walking past busily. She headed to the main hall through the second set of doors to get her job done as quickly as possible.
Old 10-02-2020, 07:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Winnie was standing near the silver doors, a leather portfolio containing her most recent report on Barcelona was tucked under one arm. She had come to work early, not only so she could tuck away her cloak before her meeting, but also in hopes of catching sight of Cody. She hadn’t, after all, seen him in two weeks. But the man was probably sleeping (he did work nights after all) or had completely forgotten she was returning this week. She hoped it wasn’t the latter. After their brief holiday, she was even crazier about the barkeep. Although, she wasn’t ready to admit that. Especially not to him.

But, looking out over the big white steps, she didn’t see him and she really didn’t have any time to collect her cloak and wander into Daigon Alley in an attempt to find him. Oh well, she sighed. She’d have to try and find him later.
Old 10-03-2020, 11:31 AM   #5 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Winnie was standing near the silver doors, a leather portfolio containing her most recent report on Barcelona was tucked under one arm. She had come to work early, not only so she could tuck away her cloak before her meeting, but also in hopes of catching sight of Cody. She hadn’t, after all, seen him in two weeks. But the man was probably sleeping (he did work nights after all) or had completely forgotten she was returning this week. She hoped it wasn’t the latter. After their brief holiday, she was even crazier about the barkeep. Although, she wasn’t ready to admit that. Especially not to him.

But, looking out over the big white steps, she didn’t see him and she really didn’t have any time to collect her cloak and wander into Daigon Alley in an attempt to find him. Oh well, she sighed. She’d have to try and find him later.
Oliver headed up the silver steps to the bank running over his checklist in his head and, not exactly paying much mind to where he was going or who was standing where since he was also reading up on the latest quidditch league news. He had several errands to run on this precious morning off. As a healer Ollie was usually on call at all hours of day since he worked for the senior undersecretary of the ministry of magic and as thus had little time for personal matters like buying new clothes, withdrawing money from his vault or even buying food.

He came to a sudden stop when he realized that his issue of the prophets sports section had just collided with something decidedly human and fleshy. Pulling his paper down Ollie automatically blabbered out an apology to the cute brunette who he might just have smacked in the face with his paper. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to. The new cleansweep is smashing..Are you hurt?"
Old 10-03-2020, 11:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

Text Cut: Oliver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Oliver headed up the silver steps to the bank running over his checklist in his head and, not exactly paying much mind to where he was going or who was standing where since he was also reading up on the latest quidditch league news. He had several errands to run on this precious morning off. As a healer Ollie was usually on call at all hours of day since he worked for the senior undersecretary of the ministry of magic and as thus had little time for personal matters like buying new clothes, withdrawing money from his vault or even buying food.

He came to a sudden stop when he realized that his issue of the prophets sports section had just collided with something decidedly human and fleshy. Pulling his paper down Ollie automatically blabbered out an apology to the cute brunette who he might just have smacked in the face with his paper. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to. The new cleansweep is smashing..Are you hurt?"

About to turn and head into the bank for her meeting, she found herself face-to-face with a page of the Daily Prophet. ”What? Who?” she said irritated. She reached out a hand, trying to push the crinkly paper away from her face. Who she was irritated with wasn’t clear. Herself for being distracted by the idea of Cody? The person or creature who had walked into her? Or because she hadn’t seen Cody?

It was apparently a person, more specifically a person with the apple green aura of a healer, although bits of maroon flickered around the edges. She blinked her big gray eyes at the man trying to bring block out her gifts so she could focus. It took her a moment to get her gift under wraps. ”Funny you say smashing…” she teased, rubbing her nose. She hoped she didn’t have ink on her face. ”I’m fine, but you should really pay more attention. The goblins aren’t as forgiving if you…ahh… run into...um…them.” As she started to focus, the man’s aura dimmed and she found herself starting at a rather handsome looking man. She blinked, then tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.
Old 10-04-2020, 08:35 AM   #7 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3

Text Cut: Winnie
Quote:
About to turn and head into the bank for her meeting, she found herself face-to-face with a page of the Daily Prophet. ”What? Who?” she said irritated. She reached out a hand, trying to push the crinkly paper away from her face. Who she was irritated with wasn’t clear. Herself for being distracted by the idea of Cody? The person or creature who had walked into her? Or because she hadn’t seen Cody?

It was apparently a person, more specifically a person with the apple green aura of a healer, although bits of maroon flickered around the edges. She blinked her big gray eyes at the man trying to bring block out her gifts so she could focus. It took her a moment to get her gift under wraps. ”Funny you say smashing…” she teased, rubbing her nose. She hoped she didn’t have ink on her face. ”I’m fine, but you should really pay more attention. The goblins aren’t as forgiving if you…ahh… run into...um…them.” As she started to focus, the man’s aura dimmed and she found herself starting at a rather handsome looking man. She blinked, then tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

Flaming fwooper feathers he had done it again. Ollie had by the sound of the woman’s voice managed to irritate another person, again. How many was it this week? He had lost count after that owl had bitten his fingers so they ran blood because he hadn’t paid quickly enough for his issue of the prophet. Anyway, focusing on the woman in front of him on the steps, Ollie did his best to shove the responsible, and very bad newspaper down into his extended robe pocket. "Well the new cleansweep is right smashing in my opinion, since you can fly without turbulence and sit on it without getting a soar bottom." Very important plus factors to any person who loved to fly on a broom like him especially when he had to get to an emergency fast and couldn’t apparate.

"Oh, yes I totally will. I’m usually not as unobservant of my surroundings. I’m Oliver by the way." He introduced himself, as he stuck out a firm hand towards the woman for a handshake, very happy that she wasn’t injured. "I usually try to keep my dealings with goblins very civil." Goblins gave him the creeps, not that he was going to admit that to this beautiful girl.
Old 10-05-2020, 04:13 AM   #8 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

Text Cut: Oliver
Quote:
Flaming fwooper feathers he had done it again. Ollie had by the sound of the woman’s voice managed to irritate another person, again. How many was it this week? He had lost count after that owl had bitten his fingers so they ran blood because he hadn’t paid quickly enough for his issue of the prophet. Anyway, focusing on the woman in front of him on the steps, Ollie did his best to shove the responsible, and very bad newspaper down into his extended robe pocket. "Well the new cleansweep is right smashing in my opinion, since you can fly without turbulence and sit on it without getting a soar bottom." Very important plus factors to any person who loved to fly on a broom like him especially when he had to get to an emergency fast and couldn’t apparate.

"Oh, yes I totally will. I’m usually not as unobservant of my surroundings. I’m Oliver by the way." He introduced himself, as he stuck out a firm hand towards the woman for a handshake, very happy that she wasn’t injured. "I usually try to keep my dealings with goblins very civil." Goblins gave him the creeps, not that he was going to admit that to this beautiful girl.

Did he- was he - ah - joking? Winnie wasn't sure. Not with the way he was going on about the broom. Apparently the man didn't have an ear for puns. She finished rubbing her nose and then pushed a piece of hair back into place. "Right... um...not a broom gal." Nope, while she enjoyed quidditch as much as the next wizard, she was more of an apparator. After all, her job didn't really require the need to use a broom. "I'll take your word for it though." She attempted a smile, still a bit worried she might have ink on her face.

"Bit of a hurry then are you?" She asked him trying to place the maroon in his aura. Frustration? Stress? He didn't seem angry or depressed. Perhaps he was determined to get in and out of the bank quickly? Whatever the reason, she hoped she didn't aggravate the situation. After all, she had tried to tune out his aura as not to ah....pry. "Winnie." She tucked her portfolio under her other arm and then took the proffered hand, giving it a firm shake in return. "I find that it's also best to keep it short." She might have been staring a little at the young man and perhaps she held onto his hand a bit too long. "Ah...I mean your dealing with the goblins. Keep it short. Succinct." Never give anyone too much information. Well, unless they were paying you for it. That was her motto.
Old 10-06-2020, 02:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3

Text Cut: Winnie
Quote:
Did he- was he - ah - joking? Winnie wasn't sure. Not with the way he was going on about the broom. Apparently the man didn't have an ear for puns. She finished rubbing her nose and then pushed a piece of hair back into place. "Right... um...not a broom gal." Nope, while she enjoyed quidditch as much as the next wizard, she was more of an apparator. After all, her job didn't really require the need to use a broom. "I'll take your word for it though." She attempted a smile, still a bit worried she might have ink on her face.

"Bit of a hurry then are you?" She asked him trying to place the maroon in his aura. Frustration? Stress? He didn't seem angry or depressed. Perhaps he was determined to get in and out of the bank quickly? Whatever the reason, she hoped she didn't aggravate the situation. After all, she had tried to tune out his aura as not to ah....pry. "Winnie." She tucked her portfolio under her other arm and then took the proffered hand, giving it a firm shake in return. "I find that it's also best to keep it short." She might have been staring a little at the young man and perhaps she held onto his hand a bit too long. "Ah...I mean your dealing with the goblins. Keep it short. Succinct." Never give anyone too much information. Well, unless they were paying you for it. That was her motto.

Oliver sadly had never been one for making jokes or puns. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to, it just wasn’t something he understood so he kept away from it, and thus it often caused weird situations and convos. Nodding understandingly, he said with a smile "That’s fine. Not everyone is crazy about brooms, since there are other modes of transportation." Oliver preferred apparating or flooing, but sometimes broom travel had its appeal too.

"Is it so obvious I’m in a hurry?" Oliver wondered, slightly bewildered. Most people usually couldn’t read his face and demeanor so quickly. As an explanation he shared with a quick glance to see that they weren’t blocking the steps to the bank. "I’m a healer on call. I have the morning off for errands, but if something acute happens i can get called in to work." Which was why he wanted to withdraw money and go buy some food and some new socks before that happened.

Putting some more warmth into his smile as he retracted his hand after the shake, Oliver said "It's a pleasure to meet you Winnie. Thanks for the goblin advice. Are you here to withdraw money from your bank vault too?" Or maybe she worked at the bank, it was another possibility.
Old 10-06-2020, 11:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default *crashing you two*
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Cody had been sleeping, as it turns out, after working something like twelve nights straight. He hadn't seen Winnie in ages and really needed to hire someone or force one of his brothers to take a shift so he could get a break to see her. But first, he had to deposit nearly two weeks worth of profits from The Thirteenth Use and then he was going to grab a bite and another kip. He was taking this deposit in himself in the hopes of possibly crossing her path, too.

Only it looked like someone else got to her first. Falling in line behind the bloke chatting her up, Cody sighed and hid a yawn and an eyeroll behind his hand. Wow, Oliver here was a Healer On Call. Could he heal Cody of the boredom that came from listening to him talk, or was that incurable? Asking for a friend.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
Old 10-07-2020, 07:57 PM   #11 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

Text Cut: Oliver and Cody
Quote:
Oliver sadly had never been one for making jokes or puns. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to, it just wasn’t something he understood so he kept away from it, and thus it often caused weird situations and convos. Nodding understandingly, he said with a smile "That’s fine. Not everyone is crazy about brooms, since there are other modes of transportation." Oliver preferred apparating or flooing, but sometimes broom travel had its appeal too.

"Is it so obvious I’m in a hurry?" Oliver wondered, slightly bewildered. Most people usually couldn’t read his face and demeanor so quickly. As an explanation he shared with a quick glance to see that they weren’t blocking the steps to the bank. "I’m a healer on call. I have the morning off for errands, but if something acute happens i can get called in to work." Which was why he wanted to withdraw money and go buy some food and some new socks before that happened.

Putting some more warmth into his smile as he retracted his hand after the shake, Oliver said "It's a pleasure to meet you Winnie. Thanks for the goblin advice. Are you here to withdraw money from your bank vault too?" Or maybe she worked at the bank, it was another possibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Cody had been sleeping, as it turns out, after working something like twelve nights straight. He hadn't seen Winnie in ages and really needed to hire someone or force one of his brothers to take a shift so he could get a break to see her. But first, he had to deposit nearly two weeks worth of profits from The Thirteenth Use and then he was going to grab a bite and another kip. He was taking this deposit in himself in the hopes of possibly crossing her path, too.

Only it looked like someone else got to her first. Falling in line behind the bloke chatting her up, Cody sighed and hid a yawn and an eyeroll behind his hand. Wow, Oliver here was a Healer On Call. Could he heal Cody of the boredom that came from listening to him talk, or was that incurable? Asking for a friend.

A healer? On call? How interesting! And might she say, bravo for the spot on apple green aura. It also totally explained the crimson flickers. Seemed like a job the man was made for. Then again, sometimes a person’s aura adapted to their surroundings. She would have to ponder that at a later time. Too bad she was unlikely to be able to do it in the man’s presence since he seemed to be rather busy. After all, he seemed interesting. To study only of course! Right...to study; purely professional. Not interesting in the other way, she told herself even as her heart sped up a little at their hand shake. And not because those eyes of his were a little intense and umm…distracting...

”Well,” she said slowly unsure if she would offend the handsome man standing in front of her. Auras aside, he wasn’t the easiest of reads, especially since he hadn’t caught her pun. ”You did just walk right into me while reading a newspaper.” Usually people didn’t multitask like that unless they were really busy. ”And, there is ah, the fact that your aura is flickering crimson.” She might have, blushed a bit crimson at this admission. Most people thought her gifts poppycock and when she tried to explain it to others who weren’t attuned, it often left her feeling a little silly.

Winnie’s own smile increased a little at the sight of Oliver’s genuine one. He had really a nice smile she found herself thinking. ”No, I have a meeting shortly. I work for - the – ah - bank.” She was distracted by Cody walking up behind Oliver. And that blush on her cheeks? It got brighter, because she suddenly felt like a kid who had been caught with her hand in the cookie jar. (Also? She still wasn’t sure if she had ink on her face.) Only, Cody didn’t seem too concerned about anything. In fact, he looked bored. She wasn’t sure if she should be worried or flattered or something else? For a moment she was tempted to tap into her gift and look over Cody’s turquoise aura for a hint. She refrained of course, if only because it was a little too easy to be overwhelmed by the foot traffic near the door. Not to mention a bit intrusive.

She gave Cody an unsure wave as she glanced from Oliver to Cody and back to Oliver. The portfolio slipped from under her arm and she grasped it with both hands in front of her. She wasn’t exactly sure what she should do here. A moment ago, she had been hoping to see Cody and now here he was. Sure, she was still excited to see him, but she had been enjoying her talk with Oliver too perhaps too much. Well, when in doubt, be polite. ”Oliver, may I introduce Cody Banner. Cody, Oliver-” Pause. ”I’m sorry I don’t think I caught your last name.” Oh yes, she thought. Cody was going to love this. He wasn’t really into formalities.
Old 10-08-2020, 03:06 PM   #12 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3

Text Cut: Winnie & Cody
Quote:

Quote:
Text Cut: Oliver and Cody

A healer? On call? How interesting! And might she say, bravo for the spot on apple green aura. It also totally explained the crimson flickers. Seemed like a job the man was made for. Then again, sometimes a person’s aura adapted to their surroundings. She would have to ponder that at a later time. Too bad she was unlikely to be able to do it in the man’s presence since he seemed to be rather busy. After all, he seemed interesting. To study only of course! Right...to study; purely professional. Not interesting in the other way, she told herself even as her heart sped up a little at their hand shake. And not because those eyes of his were a little intense and umm…distracting...

”Well,” she said slowly unsure if she would offend the handsome man standing in front of her. Auras aside, he wasn’t the easiest of reads, especially since he hadn’t caught her pun. ”You did just walk right into me while reading a newspaper.” Usually people didn’t multitask like that unless they were really busy. ”And, there is ah, the fact that your aura is flickering crimson.” She might have, blushed a bit crimson at this admission. Most people thought her gifts poppycock and when she tried to explain it to others who weren’t attuned, it often left her feeling a little silly.

Winnie’s own smile increased a little at the sight of Oliver’s genuine one. He had really a nice smile she found herself thinking. ”No, I have a meeting shortly. I work for - the – ah - bank.” She was distracted by Cody walking up behind Oliver. And that blush on her cheeks? It got brighter, because she suddenly felt like a kid who had been caught with her hand in the cookie jar. (Also? She still wasn’t sure if she had ink on her face.) Only, Cody didn’t seem too concerned about anything. In fact, he looked bored. She wasn’t sure if she should be worried or flattered or something else? For a moment she was tempted to tap into her gift and look over Cody’s turquoise aura for a hint. She refrained of course, if only because it was a little too easy to be overwhelmed by the foot traffic near the door. Not to mention a bit intrusive.

She gave Cody an unsure wave as she glanced from Oliver to Cody and back to Oliver. The portfolio slipped from under her arm and she grasped it with both hands in front of her. She wasn’t exactly sure what she should do here. A moment ago, she had been hoping to see Cody and now here he was. Sure, she was still excited to see him, but she had been enjoying her talk with Oliver too perhaps too much. Well, when in doubt, be polite. ”Oliver, may I introduce Cody Banner. Cody, Oliver-” Pause. ”I’m sorry I don’t think I caught your last name.” Oh yes, she thought. Cody was going to love this. He wasn’t really into formalities.

Pulling a hand through his hair Ollie apologized again, casting his eyes down since he did feel a little ashamed of his action but only a little. He didn’t usually walk straight into beautiful women with smiles that caused his senses to tingle but he didn’t say that out loud. Maybe it was something he should do more often though. It got Winnie to talk to him. Instead he tried to defend his previous action. "That’s true. I’m sorry. My only defense is that I----" but what his defense was he didn’t spell out until his eyes shot up again with confusion mixed with fear. "What do you mean by a flickering crimson aura? It sounds ominous Winnie." It didn’t sound good. Was it payback for him walking into Winnie? A healer with a curse was not good.

Distracted Ollie took in Winnie’s news about working at the bank without really hearing since he then felt how someone walked up behind him and stopped. Please don’t pull a prank on him. It was someone that Winnie knew though since she introduced them to each other after waving to the other guy. She didn’t say that he was her boyfriend at least, but the vibe the other guy was sending out wasn’t exactly kind Ollie noted silently to himself as he turned to face the other guy. Extending a hand towards the man for a shake out of courtesy after flashing Winnie a look, Ollie introduced himself. "It’s Rastrick. Oliver Rastrick. It's nice to meet you Cody." Now it was the other guy’s move. Hopefully he wasn’t going to do the childish thing and try to break his hand when he shook it, but he’d see, Cody could be the type to try. Weirder things had happened.
Old 10-10-2020, 03:20 PM   #13 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default you two <3
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

So Winnie was here, and blushing, and generally having a grand old time with... this Oliver Rastrick. Cody couldn't help it, though; his face lit up a bit to see her waving at him and fumbling with her folder. "Alright there, Winnie?" His blue eyes twinkled at her before he turned to Oliver, shaking his hand firmly and quickly with his own. "Right, the pleasure's all mine." His tone was all perfunctory though.

He thought about commenting on the aura thing, but it was really Winnie's story to share or not share. "It's not ominous," he mumbled toward the Oliver bloke. "Just her gift." He nodded toward his girlfriend, as she should really explain and he should really just make his deposit and get going.

"You're not... in line here, are ya mate?" He looked the Healer over, up and down.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
Old 10-13-2020, 06:50 PM   #14 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

Winnie was trying very hard not to laugh at poor Oliver for two reasons. 1) no harm no foul and so, she had only been teasing. It seem the poor man really didn’t understand her sense of humor. 2) Cody was now standing there and she didn’t want to give him the wrong impression, because there wasn’t a wrong impression to give right? Right. So why did Oliver’s abashment come off as incredibly cute? Instead of laughing, she gave the man perhaps her most sincere smile since he’d run into her. And speaking of sincere smiles, the one Cody was sending her way made her tummy do a small little flip. ”Fine, fine.” she said with a smile in response to Cody’s hello. Simultaneously tucking the portfolio under an arm she rubbed her nose with the back of her hand and praying she didn’t have ink on her face as she watched the men shake hands. "Just off work are you?" she asked Cody, hoping the answer was yes. Maybe they could get lunch when her presentation was over.

The fearful look in Oliver’s eyes caught Winnie’s attention and her smile faltered. Oh dear. She’d done it again; startled someone with a casual remark about their aura. ”It’s not ominous.“ She hadn’t heard Cody’s muttering, but if she had she would have blushed even redder. It’d been a while since someone besides her family understood her gift, and while she wasn’t sure Cody 100% believed in her gift, at least he didn’t mock it. ”Just means you’re busy. Or perhaps flustered by something. Otherwise, your aura seems healthy. Nothing to worry about. I didn’t mean to pry. Just sometimes my gift has a mind of its own.” The apology was automatic. She’d been accused of snooping on people more than once.
Old 10-17-2020, 01:53 PM   #15 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3

SPOILER!!: Winnie & Cody

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl
So Winnie was here, and blushing, and generally having a grand old time with... this Oliver Rastrick. Cody couldn't help it, though; his face lit up a bit to see her waving at him and fumbling with her folder. "Alright there, Winnie?" His blue eyes twinkled at her before he turned to Oliver, shaking his hand firmly and quickly with his own. "Right, the pleasure's all mine." His tone was all perfunctory though.

He thought about commenting on the aura thing, but it was really Winnie's story to share or not share. "It's not ominous," he mumbled toward the Oliver bloke. "Just her gift." He nodded toward his girlfriend, as she should really explain and he should really just make his deposit and get going.

"You're not... in line here, are ya mate?" He looked the Healer over, up and down.
Quote:

The fearful look in Oliver’s eyes caught Winnie’s attention and her smile faltered. Oh dear. She’d done it again; startled someone with a casual remark about their aura. ”It’s not ominous.“ She hadn’t heard Cody’s muttering, but if she had she would have blushed even redder. It’d been a while since someone besides her family understood her gift, and while she wasn’t sure Cody 100% believed in her gift, at least he didn’t mock it. ”Just means you’re busy. Or perhaps flustered by something. Otherwise, your aura seems healthy. Nothing to worry about. I didn’t mean to pry. Just sometimes my gift has a mind of its own.” The apology was automatic. She’d been accused of snooping on people more than once.

Oliver was taught to read body language and tone of voice and it was clear to him that this Cody chap wasn’t really happy to see him there talking to Winnie. They hadn’t said they were a couple, but why was Cody then defending, no explaining about this aura thing of Winnies if they weren’t seeing each other? Or was he just being a very overprotective friend? Oliver still had a shot at getting a date with the beautiful Winnie it seemed and he was going to do his best to get one.

Glancing over at Cody he wondered "Do you have a gift too?" Ollie ignored the inspection from the other man that was frankly a bit insulting. He had better manners than him clearly. "I have affairs at the bank, yes." That he was just withdrawing money and such wasn’t Cody’s business. Turning up the smile volume as he turned his attention to Winnie completely ignoring Cody’s presence Ollie said. "Thanks for easing my aura worries. It seems like a pretty handy gift to have. Would you be interested in drinking some coffee with me tomorrow and chat more about it? It could be useful in my healing of people." If this was going to upset Cody he’d have to wait and see.
Old 10-17-2020, 09:23 PM   #16 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries
Default Miss Howard opens a vault

Jane Howard had been keeping her money on the Continent for a number of years now, but now that she was embarking on a position at the Ministry, she decided that she had better open a vault more easily accessible. So at the beginning of the business day, she was striding up the marble steps and into the entrance foyer of Gringotts.
Old 10-21-2020, 12:50 AM   #17 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default sorry for the wait <333

SPOILER!!: Winnie & Oliver
Quote:
Winnie was trying very hard not to laugh at poor Oliver for two reasons. 1) no harm no foul and so, she had only been teasing. It seem the poor man really didn’t understand her sense of humor. 2) Cody was now standing there and she didn’t want to give him the wrong impression, because there wasn’t a wrong impression to give right? Right. So why did Oliver’s abashment come off as incredibly cute? Instead of laughing, she gave the man perhaps her most sincere smile since he’d run into her. And speaking of sincere smiles, the one Cody was sending her way made her tummy do a small little flip. ”Fine, fine.” she said with a smile in response to Cody’s hello. Simultaneously tucking the portfolio under an arm she rubbed her nose with the back of her hand and praying she didn’t have ink on her face as she watched the men shake hands. "Just off work are you?" she asked Cody, hoping the answer was yes. Maybe they could get lunch when her presentation was over.

Quote:
Oliver was taught to read body language and tone of voice and it was clear to him that this Cody chap wasn’t really happy to see him there talking to Winnie. They hadn’t said they were a couple, but why was Cody then defending, no explaining about this aura thing of Winnies if they weren’t seeing each other? Or was he just being a very overprotective friend? Oliver still had a shot at getting a date with the beautiful Winnie it seemed and he was going to do his best to get one.

Glancing over at Cody he wondered "Do you have a gift too?" Ollie ignored the inspection from the other man that was frankly a bit insulting. He had better manners than him clearly. "I have affairs at the bank, yes." That he was just withdrawing money and such wasn’t Cody’s business. Turning up the smile volume as he turned his attention to Winnie completely ignoring Cody’s presence Ollie said. "Thanks for easing my aura worries. It seems like a pretty handy gift to have. Would you be interested in drinking some coffee with me tomorrow and chat more about it? It could be useful in my healing of people." If this was going to upset Cody he’d have to wait and see.

"Kinda," Cody answered in response, resisting the urge to yawn deeply at her question about work. "I got a kip in before I came here." He held up his bag of gold to deposit, as though to illustrate his purpose. He found it amusing how they were carrying on a half-conversation right over Oliver's head, and he, meanwhile, had the audacity to ask Winnie out to coffee.

Cody tried his best not to burst out laughing. He was going to be ignored just like that, then?

"No, no gift here," he replied to the bloke loudly. "I just KNOW Winnie." You know? He knew her well, he thought. So well that he wasn't even remotely upset by Oliver's audacity. Instead, Cody too turned to Winnie, only his smile was more of a smirk as he waited to see what she said to the Healer's coffee date proposal.

Old 10-21-2020, 07:17 PM   #18 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
Default You're always worth the wait Ro! **

Text Cut: Boys!
Quote:

Quote:
"Kinda," Cody answered in response, resisting the urge to yawn deeply at her question about work. "I got a kip in before I came here." He held up his bag of gold to deposit, as though to illustrate his purpose. He found it amusing how they were carrying on a half-conversation right over Oliver's head, and he, meanwhile, had the audacity to ask Winnie out to coffee.

Cody tried his best not to burst out laughing. He was going to be ignored just like that, then?

"No, no gift here," he replied to the bloke loudly. "I just KNOW Winnie." You know? He knew her well, he thought. So well that he wasn't even remotely upset by Oliver's audacity. Instead, Cody too turned to Winnie, only his smile was more of a smirk as he waited to see what she said to the Healer's coffee date proposal.

She eyed up the bag of gold, one eyebrow raised just a bit. Was he trying to show off to her? And he sure looked tired. Maybe she shouldn’t ask about lunch. That was the difficult thing about their schedules; different time tables and schedules.

”Well, it can be quite useful,” she replied giving Oliver a smile. It could always be quite frustrating and well, annoying at times too. ”Coffee?” she blinked surprised by the suggestion. The offer seemed innocent enough, after all the man did seem pretty career focused. Applying Aurology to healing sounded like an interesting idea. So if this was a business meeting, why did she seemed a bit flustered (and flattered) by the offer? She was about to say ‘sure,’ when Cody’s I KNOW her reverberated through her mind. Winnie hadn’t said they were a couple, because well, were they? Yes, they had gone out on a few dates and even went on a weekend holiday, but she didn’t want to be presumptuous. Besides Cody hadn’t seemed the type to label things. In fact, he seemed more amused then irritated by the man’s offer. This in turn irritated her a little. Maybe Cody didn’t care if she met Oliver for coffee.

”For business?” she asked/clarified mostly for Cody's benefit. She produced a business card from inside her portfolio which she offered to Oliver. It was dark blue with silver lettering and read: Winnie P. Phora, Aurologist along with a strange symbol. The man’s offer had seemed rather business-like she repeated to herself. So if Cody did have a problem with her accepting, well, he needed to remember she did occasionally take side consulting jobs. AND he needed to speak up.

Last edited by Krel Ansell; 10-21-2020 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-25-2020, 08:22 AM   #19 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3

Text Cut: Winnie & Cody
Quote:

Quote:
She eyed up the bag of gold, one eyebrow raised just a bit. Was he trying to show off to her? And he sure looked tired. Maybe she shouldn’t ask about lunch. That was the difficult thing about their schedules; different time tables and schedules.

”Well, it can be quite useful,” she replied giving Oliver a smile. It could always be quite frustrating and well, annoying at times too. ”Coffee?” she blinked surprised by the suggestion. The offer seemed innocent enough, after all the man did seem pretty career focused. Applying Aurology to healing sounded like an interesting idea. So if this was a business meeting, why did she seemed a bit flustered (and flattered) by the offer? She was about to say ‘sure,’ when Cody’s I KNOW her reverberated through her mind. Winnie hadn’t said they were a couple, because well, were they? Yes, they had gone out on a few dates and even went on a weekend holiday, but she didn’t want to be presumptuous. Besides Cody hadn’t seemed the type to label things. In fact, he seemed more amused then irritated by the man’s offer. This in turn irritated her a little. Maybe Cody didn’t care if she met Oliver for coffee.

”For business?” she asked/clarified mostly for Cody's benefit. She produced a business card from inside her portfolio which she offered to Oliver. It was dark blue with silver lettering and read: Winnie P. Phora, Aurologist along with a strange symbol. The man’s offer had seemed rather business-like she repeated to herself. So if Cody did have a problem with her accepting, well, he needed to remember she did occasionally take side consulting jobs. AND he needed to speak up.

Oliver was used to people talking over his head or around him as Winnie and Cody we’re doing, about work, but did Cody have to be so LOUD mouthed? He heard perfectly even on low frequencies, thank you very much without the added volume. Resisting the urge to massage his ears Oliver asked with a pointed look at Cody since he was getting just a smidge irritated. "So you KNOW Winnie, what does that mean?" Well he could play the guessing game, but it was up to Cody to spill it out if Winnie was his girlfriend or not, you could expect that from a decent guy right? If that was the case then Oliver was going to retreat respectfully and not wish for more than a professional lecture on auras from Winnie. If they weren’t a couple then was it wrong of him to want to drink coffee with a beautiful and interesting woman? No, it was not.

"Yes, coffee." Oliver repeated with a sunny smile towards Winnie. "Or we can drink tea too if you prefer that?" Oliver drank both beverages multiple times a day so he had no preference. "Yes, for business purposes." He clarified as he accepted the business card from Winnie and gave her his own that basically stated that he was a healer that worked for the Minister’s office at the ministry of magic. If one coffee date turned into several later than Oliver wasn’t going to complain.
Old 10-26-2020, 02:15 PM   #20 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries

Aww, was little Ministry Healer man getting annoyed now? Cody's mouth nearly twitched into a smirk at his obvious irritation. "It means I know her," he repeated with a nonchalant shrug, "seeing as we're dating and all that. I quite like her." Did that satisfy Oliver's curiosity and determination to come between them?

He tried again not to roll his eyes at this so-called business discussion Oliver was insistently forcing Winnie to do. One would think the bloke would just give up once he realized she wasn't single. Then again, not everyone had common sense, he supposed. His cool eyes drifted to Winnie, to see what she thought of his small proclamation that they were dating. Was that satisfactory for her, or...? He hadn't been too brash to claim her, had he?!

Old 10-27-2020, 07:19 PM   #21 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

Text Cut: The Gentlemen
Oliver was used to people talking over his head or around him as Winnie and Cody we’re doing, about work, but did Cody have to be so LOUD mouthed? He heard perfectly even on low frequencies, thank you very much without the added volume. Resisting the urge to massage his ears Oliver asked with a pointed look at Cody since he was getting just a smidge irritated. "So you KNOW Winnie, what does that mean?" Well he could play the guessing game, but it was up to Cody to spill it out if Winnie was his girlfriend or not, you could expect that from a decent guy right? If that was the case then Oliver was going to retreat respectfully and not wish for more than a professional lecture on auras from Winnie. If they weren’t a couple then was it wrong of him to want to drink coffee with a beautiful and interesting woman? No, it was not.

"Yes, coffee." Oliver repeated with a sunny smile towards Winnie. "Or we can drink tea too if you prefer that?" Oliver drank both beverages multiple times a day so he had no preference. "Yes, for business purposes." He clarified as he accepted the business card from Winnie and gave her his own that basically stated that he was a healer that worked for the Minister’s office at the ministry of magic. If one coffee date turned into several later than Oliver wasn’t going to complain.
[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Aww, was little Ministry Healer man getting annoyed now? Cody's mouth nearly twitched into a smirk at his obvious irritation. "It means I know her," he repeated with a nonchalant shrug, "seeing as we're dating and all that. I quite like her." Did that satisfy Oliver's curiosity and determination to come between them?

He tried again not to roll his eyes at this so-called business discussion Oliver was insistently forcing Winnie to do. One would think the bloke would just give up once he realized she wasn't single. Then again, not everyone had common sense, he supposed. His cool eyes drifted to Winnie, to see what she thought of his small proclamation that they were dating. Was that satisfactory for her, or...? He hadn't been too brash to claim her, had he?!

Oh Circe! Were these two going to start yelling at each other in the middle of the entrance hall? She really hoped not, because she didn’t want to have to kick them both out. Clearly they both had business here that didn’t involve her and the Goblins wouldn’t like the lost business, but she couldn’t have them yelling at each other in the middle of the bank. ”Gentleme-,” she started, but then stopped because Cody’s declaration that she was his girlfriend was news to her. She wondered if the added ‘I quite like her’ was just to appease the ‘mine!’ of the statement. She looked at him for a moment, but slowly her face lit up in a big smile. ”Am I now?” she asked him, clearly amused, but not upset by his outburst. Because she clearly liked the idea and sound of being Cody’s girlfriend.

With a small shake of her head she turned back to Oliver in a manner she hoped was pleasant and professional, if not slightly amused. After all, this was purely business related. Right? ”I drink both,” she replied taking Oliver’s business card. Yep. Business. In no way was she excited about receiving Oliver’s business card for any other reason than a prospective freelance job. Especially not after the man she was seeing just declared to the entire bank that she was his girlfriend. Nope. This. Was. Business. The healer himself had said so. ”Depends on the day or the company I am with.” She tucked Oliver’s business card into her portfolio (she didn’t want to lose it). If this was purely for business, than why did she feel guilty about taking it? Perhaps because her first date with Cody had been over coffee. Yes, that must be it. Not because the healer standing in front of her was an attractive young man with a good, albeit time-consuming job. This was just business. ”I’m usually available on Thursday mornings for consultations.” Business, she kept insisting to herself.

And speaking of business, she glanced at her wrist watch. ”I’m sorry gentlemen. I have a meeting to get to. And you both has business to conduct.” She looked between the two men, then offered Oliver handshake and a smile. ”I was a pleasure being run into by you Healer Rasterick. I hope the rest of your day off goes smoothly.”
Old 11-23-2020, 11:50 PM   #22 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries
Default Miss Howard exits Gringotts

Jane gave her jacket a final brush as she walked through the entrance foyer and prepared to exit the bank. She was pleased with her transactions that day and felt a good deal lighter to have been relieved of the objects that she had stored in her new vault.

She passed a group of wizards and a witch who seemed to be just concluding a spirited discussion. She glanced briefly at them out of the corner of her eye as she passed, but continued on down the stairs. It was none of her business, after all. Besides, she still had some last minute errands in Diagon Alley (including a well-deserved trip to the Leaky Cauldron when she was done).