sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1140 users online including...
Stevendalo , maximllon , Antonioakb , DavidoosWef , Antoniovzm

7 members
1133 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmistress: Regina Hawthorne's Reign > Term 50: September - December 2018

Term 50: September - December 2018 Term Fifty: Austere Academy (Sept 2096 - June 2097)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 11-22-2017, 01:52 AM

Default Seventh-Floor Corridor

Because the seventh floor is the gateway to Hogwarts' biggest towers, you can expect to access quite a bit of the castle from here. The most notable areas that this corridor provides passage to are the Owlery, Astronomy Tower, Divination Tower, the common rooms for both Gryffindor and Ravenclaw, and, if you know where to look, the Room of Requirement. Sweeping views of the Quad below are available thanks to a series of large windows.

After stepping onto the seventh-floor corridor, a statue of Lachlan the Lanky immediately greets you. There really isn't anything overly special about him, but one can hide behind him and not be easily found if you're playing hide-and-go-seek or are just wanting to completely avoid someone. A renowned tapestry and numerous portraits, ranging from a mother and her baby, various wildlife animals, and the chivalrous Sir Cadogan adorn the walls. The latter portrait, should you ever need help getting around, is always eager to assist those who are, allegedly, in distress.
Old 11-17-2018, 08:33 AM   #26 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Default Chloe...
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Was homework ever fun? Chloe tried to think about it, but she had struggled last year in classes so nothing was fun, but this year, well she decided that some of it might actually be fun. "I have some charm homework and History. Of course, I finished my Herbology right away." It was her best subject, but she wasn't bragging. "If you ever need some extra help in the greenhouses I'd love to help. I'm going to become a herbologist like my daddy, if I don't do Quidditch." Which if she kept making the reserve she wouldn't be.

"Oh they are going to the Claw common room, that is great. Can I help at all?" She loved the thought of having plants in the common room. She could water them and take care of them. "Oh you were? That's really neat, though I'm not sure I really should be a Ravenclaw, but I'm trying really hard this year." She might not be the smartest in the house, but she worked really hard.
Homework had in Joshua's years of schooling been a neccessary evil and maybe that was what Chloe thought too? Beaming back at her he asked "Was the plants homework too easy? I preferred history over charms in my days because i thought it fun to read about old people and historic event." What Chloe continued to share with him made Joshua beam even wider if possible, almost straining his mouth and cheek muscles. "Fantastic to hear Chloe. You are most welcome to come down and give me an extra hand in the greenhouses whenever you are free for extra credit towards your herbologist dream. There are always plants and herbs that needs extra care and loving nurturing to grow and blossom." He didn’t say anything about quidditch because he knew that all kids loved the sport no matter how fascinating he thought plants were.

Joshua briefly looked down at the plants in his arms before he nodded at Chloe "Of course you can help, you probably know where the plants will do best in the claw common room. Maybe you’d even want one in your dorm?" Shaking his head he said "Now,now Chloe, don’t doubt that you don’t fit in the house you are in. The sorting hat saw the essence of what makes you you and that is a Ravenclaw. Trust in that."
Old 11-18-2018, 09:24 AM   #27 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Calvin Fletcher
Graduated
Default Bel, Jessa, Abra & Cam
I’m right, you’re wrong. They don’t call me a Seer for nothing.

SPOILER!!: You lot ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post
Bel didn't think anything of the question coming from Jessa. She was trustworthy, even if she hadn't thought so herself she'd think so because Cam thought so. She looked up from the book in her lap and sort of shrugged one shoulder.

"I volunteered myself to keep watch. Its... not really a study session after all." She added the last bit quietly after a quick look around to be sure nobody was close enough to hear her except Jessa.

So yeah. Keeping watch! Hopefully if any of the replacement professors came along she'd be able to stall long enough that nobody got caught with their planning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
Abra exited from the door that led to the Room of Requirement with the air of someone who had just escaped from something rather alarming. There was no such thing inside the Room, of course, just a bunch of determined students who had bigger things to worry about than why he had decided to leave them to it.

Once outside, Abra paused for long enough to watch the door turn transform back into a wall behind him, then set off down the corridor, fully intending to go right on back to his common room, as he hadn't actually intended to keep watch, not if there were proper safeguards in place for that sort of thing. Already he was fretting. Like about the fact that he was now complicit in some sort of reBeLLioN, even though he wasn't actively taking part, by knowing about it but doing nothing. But... well... had they even broken rules yet? That whole 'attitude of defiance' thing was tooooootally subjective... after all. Um. Sort of.

Not far from the room was Bel, and also a Jessa too, and Abra paused for long enough to shoot them both a smile that absolutely looked more like a grimace. "Turns out I don't feel like studying in a group after all," he said, just for the sake of having something to say. It would have been rude to just walk straight past two of his friends, you know? Even if he was itching to get far away from there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lislchen View Post
Coming down from the Astronomy Tower, Cam had intended to head straight back down to his common room. There was really not a whole lot else to do around here lately unless you had agreed to meet up with friends and even then the places you could do something fun were VERY limited. As much as he didn't like all the strict rules and new staff members, however, he still preferred THIS to be Holly's first year at Hogwarts, especially compared to last year.

Maybe he would go see what she was up to.

About to take a shortcut, Cam spotted a small group of people in one of the corridors. Which wouldn't have caught his attention per se, had it not been for the fact that one of their voices had carried and he could make out that it had been Jessa's. Which was all the reason he needed to head over to them. Ooooh. And Bel. And Abra was there too. "Hi." He smiled at the three of them before tilting his head at Bel curiously. "What are you doing here?" She looked like the only one who had every intention of staying in this corridor longer than just for a chat. She was sitting on the floor after all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Jessa GAPED when Bel informed her it wasn't actually a study group and she was look at becausewhatdidshemeanitwasn'tastudygroup?????

You know what? Nope. Not going to ask. No no no. Plausible deniability. Jessa Susanna Cambridge had had her fill of this term and both enforcing and breaking rules. She was near the finish line and would therefore like to be removed from all narratives. The Head Girl's mouth hung open as she tried to find something to quickly change the subject with. While Bel hadn't said what it WAS, it didn't take a rocket scientist to put two and two together. Someone was keeping watch, and it wasn't actually a study session. Given the current climate and previous smaller attempts, the answer was glaringly obvious.

The gaping only worsened when she saw Abra come from the room. HE KNEW ABOUT THE REBELLION TOO?? She'd given up on her own rebellion, finding the results weren't worth the effort but given how Abra's level of anxiety could rival her own at times, she was floored he'd attended at all.

Thoughts, she had a lot of them right now.

Then Cam showed up. Well at least he wasn't coming from the room too. "Watch, she's keeping watch, for the study session that isn't a study session that makes Abra feel like he doesn't want to study anymore." She rattled off in a near whisper. Anxiety or not, she wasn't about to be a snitch for any Professors that happened to be walking by. "But I don't know that, and you don't either. And none of us knows anything and there's nothing to report--right Abra?" He was, last she recalled, equally obligated to report things, but if they both agreed there was nothing at all to report then everything would be fine.

Fidgeting? Who was fidgeting? Her? Oh yeah. Yeah she was. "What book is that, Bel? Did you need help? Where are you headed Cam?" Away from HERE? This just seemed like a recipe for everything to go wrong. The thought that behind that wall they were likely planning something big when all other attempts this year had failed just made her all kinds of nervous for the next bit of stupidity they would attempt. It wouldn't end well for anyone. What little privileges they had left would likely be cut.

Call him skeptical, but the man felt on edge every time he saw a group of students in any one place. It was all the acting out lately. The little acts of defiance, the not so little acts. It forced the man into a state of constant alert when he left his office. Never knew when you'd need to suspend or expel a group of puberty stricken miscreants for acting on plans they never seemed to fully think through.

Four was a crowd in his book. Four was enough to be UP to something. The fact three of the four were student leaders should have set the man's mind at ease but it didn't.

Nothing these students did put his mind at ease anymore.

"Keeping out of trouble I hope." He commented, slowing to a stop before the small group. Ms. Macindoe had books, what was everyone else's excuse to be loitering about the corridor. Did they not have enough homework to keep them otherwise occupied? That could be remedied.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:31 PM   #28 (permalink)

DERP & DMAC
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
x3 x2
Default Jessa, Bel, Abra, Calvin (yes, we're cool like that)
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

Watch.

Right.

Cam listened to Jessa rambling on - quite unlike her in fact - and looked at both Abra and Bel when she mentioned them. Right. There was a study session he didn't know about which wasn't actually a study session and it had made Abra uncomfortable and Bel was keeping watch. And what was Jessa doing here?

Honestly, Cameron hadn't expected this to turn into such a brain-teaser when he'd walked over to the group.

Before he got the chance to voice any of his questions - most prominently of all a very eloquent WHAT??? - they were joined by their new Divination professor. "Of course, Sir." What else would they be doing? Getting INTO trouble? No way.

________________________________{Drabbles}_{Meet Lissy}_{DERP}
Old 11-24-2018, 04:27 PM   #29 (permalink)

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Regulus Prince
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Default Jessa, Bel, Cam, Fletcher
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

Oh boy. As nervous as he was about the whole sECRET STUDY REBELLION THING going on just metres away, it took all that Abra had not to start getting extra mega twitchy when Cam showed up. Not because Cam was a twitch-provoking person or anything, he wasn't. But he did ask Bel what she was doing there, and that made Abra think all over again of the meeting he now wished he knew nothing about.

"Hey," he greeted his fellow sixth year with a smile despite his nerves, and was actually pretty proud of himself for keeping a calm composure. Or. Well. You know. Reasonably calm. Mostly he felt... pale. Could someone feel pale? Because he felt pale.

Maybe he felt a little bit more pale when Jessa hurriedly whisper-splained what was going on to Cam, and maybe he also felt a little bit shaky in the legs, and maybe he decided then and there that it was probably best to be on his merry way. "Right," he agreed, at normal volume. "Absotively. Posilutely. Uh. I mean to say... yes." It was always a relief to know that someone else was with him in the 'as-far-as-anyone-knows-I-don't-know-anything-and-so-I-can't-report-it' line of thinking.

Okay, he had definitely lingered here for too long. And right by the Room too, which, in his mind, seemed incredibly suspicious, though maybe that was only because he knew what was going on in there. "I should get going actually," he said, and, after giving a sort of awkward wave of farewell, turned to do just that.

And saw Professor Fletcher.

Big. Yikes.

"Good evening, Professor Fletcher," Abra automatically greeted him as politely as he could, though his nerves were just as present as they ever were; he generally tried to avoid speaking with these new professors whenever possible outside of class, anxious as he was about accidentally saying or doing something wrong. "Yes, sir. I was just getting started with some patrols, actually." Or something.

You are Chocolate!
Old 11-30-2018, 07:43 PM   #30 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Homework had in Joshua's years of schooling been a neccessary evil and maybe that was what Chloe thought too? Beaming back at her he asked "Was the plants homework too easy? I preferred history over charms in my days because i thought it fun to read about old people and historic event." What Chloe continued to share with him made Joshua beam even wider if possible, almost straining his mouth and cheek muscles. "Fantastic to hear Chloe. You are most welcome to come down and give me an extra hand in the greenhouses whenever you are free for extra credit towards your herbologist dream. There are always plants and herbs that needs extra care and loving nurturing to grow and blossom." He didn’t say anything about quidditch because he knew that all kids loved the sport no matter how fascinating he thought plants were.

Joshua briefly looked down at the plants in his arms before he nodded at Chloe "Of course you can help, you probably know where the plants will do best in the claw common room. Maybe you’d even want one in your dorm?" Shaking his head he said "Now,now Chloe, don’t doubt that you don’t fit in the house you are in. The sorting hat saw the essence of what makes you you and that is a Ravenclaw. Trust in that."
"Oh no, no sir, it was challenging, but I just love Herbology so it was the very first one I did. It's the one that I feel the most confident in." Her confidence had taken a hit in the past year, but she was slowly building it with the rest of the classes. All the time studying was helping. Her eyes lit up as he said about history, "I think it is really interesting, but not just the wars and stuff that it seems we talk about a lot in class, but just the people and who could be related to who. That is fascinating to me. I was just talking with my brother about how I wanted to figure out my mother's side more. We only know parts about her family." That was going to be some of her summers, try to figure out how to ask mom about the Blaze family. It would have to be done in a very nice way so she wouldn't be shut down quickly.

With him saying she could come down and help out around the greenhouse she couldn't help but beam, "Really? That would be great. I have always helped my dad in his greenhouse, so I know my way around, plus being in the ones there the last two years. Do you know that there is a Jacob's ladder planted in the student garden?" Well of course he did, it was his garden, "My mom and dad planted that when they were here." She didn't know why but she felt very proud to be able to say that.

She couldn't help but think for a moment when he said about where to place the plants, "I think I do have a spot that would work well. It could help brighten the area." Putting a plant in her dorm, she loved that idea, "I have a small plant in my room already, but one of these would go lovely in the girls' dorm. Maybe you could have one placed in the boys as well." She didn't really know what to say about the sorting, she knew others told her the same, but she just didn't feel that way.