sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1038 users online including...
astrocat , Stevendalo , Marinahgl , DonaldSom , PhoenixRising

7 members
1031 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Charles Hollingberry Era

Charles Hollingberry Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Minister for Magic, Charles Hollingberry [IC March 2097 - present; OOC November 2018 - present]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 08-01-2018, 06:35 PM

Default Scamander Zoo

Established in February of 2016, Scamander Zoo ironically can be found in a small, run-down opera house across from the London Zoo that non-wizard folk have a habit of overlooking, though this is a mere façade to keep things Muggle Worthy. Once a ticket has been purchased at the reception desk inside the central hall of the opera house, a grandoise staircase leads the way to a set of golden double doors.

Crossing the threshold causes everything to transform and takes the visitor to the zoo's lobby where various fountain beasts await. Free maps of the zoo, creature pamphlets, and fliers can be picked up here. To the left is the gift shop, and the bustling food court is to the right. Moving forward is the Childrens' Playground, which is decorated to resemble a classic playground accompanied with a Hogwarts-esque tree fort and a variety of kid-friendly creatures roaming around such as the Flobberworm, Crup, Kneazle, Puffskein, Niffler, and Demiguise.

The zoo beyond, however, definitely has a wide range of beasts -- from the mundane to extremely violent, the common and unfamiliar. You are sure to get your fill of magical creatures by visiting all of the different enclosures: African Safari, Aquatic Reef, Bird Nest, Gnome Garden, Grecian Parthenon, Horse Paddocks, Insect and Pest Dwelling, Mooncalf Field, Reptile and Amphibian House, Spider Web, Troll Enclosure, and the Westward Expansion.

OOC: Feel free to utilize this spreadsheet as a reference for all of the creatures present at the zoo that your characters may be seeing on their visit. If you have a character that is already employed or wants to work at the zoo, you may add them to the list and role-play them here.
Old 12-28-2019, 05:41 PM   #101 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Ronnie! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
It seemed he didn't recognize her at first, and Ronnie smiled awkwardly. Perhaps it wasn't him? Jeez, maybe she needed glasses... but she could have sworn it was Jory...

Ah, he did recognize her, okay good good. Ronnie was about to panic with awkwardness had she mistaken someone for her friend. "It has been long," she said with a laugh. "Not much, I've just been working and relaxing as much as I can." she gave a small shrug. Her life wasn't too exciting lately, but that was alright. It was somewhat peaceful, which was nice for once. "What about you? How are things? Catch me up!" she added excitedly. It was so nice to be talking to such a good friend, especially Jory of all people.

Catch her up?

Where did he start?

“Let’s see… after Hogwarts, I joined the Ministry to train to become an Auror. After four years of that, I did.’’ Being an Auror was one of his greatest accomplishments ever and Jory was still so very proud of it. “Since then, I’ve been busy, though there have been quiet moments.’’ He hesitated, wondering if he should mention that he was now married to Gwen and they had two kids together. Should he bring up something that was painful for Ronnie? It seemed like she had gotten over the relationship they shared long ago but still…

“What job did you snag, Ronnie?”

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 01-02-2020, 07:23 AM   #102 (permalink)
Formerly: Rupert-Grint-Fan

Porlock

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rowan Lewis
Third Year
Dave Grohl-Josh Hutcherson-RupertGrint-HP-HG- Marvel-D.C-Taylor Hawkins-Drumming-Foo Fighters-

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

Catch her up?

Where did he start?

“Let’s see… after Hogwarts, I joined the Ministry to train to become an Auror. After four years of that, I did.’’ Being an Auror was one of his greatest accomplishments ever and Jory was still so very proud of it. “Since then, I’ve been busy, though there have been quiet moments.’’ He hesitated, wondering if he should mention that he was now married to Gwen and they had two kids together. Should he bring up something that was painful for Ronnie? It seemed like she had gotten over the relationship they shared long ago but still…

“What job did you snag, Ronnie?”
An auror! Ronnie clasped her hands together excitedly. "Jory! An auror!" she beamed. "That's amazing! How do you like it? Despite all that business?" she went on curiously. She had always been drawn to that position when she was younger, but after graduation she had calmed down a bit and taken her more relaxed job which she preferred. But who knew, perhaps she might like a position like that in the future...
Old 01-11-2020, 06:11 PM   #103 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Ronnie! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
An auror! Ronnie clasped her hands together excitedly. "Jory! An auror!" she beamed. "That's amazing! How do you like it? Despite all that business?" she went on curiously. She had always been drawn to that position when she was younger, but after graduation she had calmed down a bit and taken her more relaxed job which she preferred. But who knew, perhaps she might like a position like that in the future...

Ronnie was just as Jory had remembered her from when they were younger: so full of life, so full of energy. He was happy to see that that hadn’t changed for her over the years. “I love it. I really don’t see myself doing anything else. It’s challenging sometimes with balancing family and work when work gets busy but it’s not so bad.’’ He was just lucky to have an understanding family and Gwen was great at holding down the fort when he needed her to. Even if she got annoyed with him at times.

“Tell me about you, Ronnie. What have you been up to?” He had asked her to talk about herself only moments ago but she hadn’t, keeping all the attention on him instead. Maybe she didn’t want to speak of her life to him? Maybe she still resented him a little for breaking off their engagement?

The thoughts made Jory uncomfortable.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 06-22-2020, 12:38 PM   #104 (permalink)

MO
Hinkypunk

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maya Nam
Slytherin
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bianca Holden
Minister's Office
x12 x2
Default Shan/Emma ♥

Why did they ever let their kids go to Hogwarts? Selena was absolutely sick with worry. The former Slytherin went to her happy place whenever she was this upset. And that happy place happened to be the zoo where she used to bring her favorite three children when they were younger. But they weren't little children anymore and Selena couldn't pick them up and spin them around recklessly. Heck, Peter was probably going to be tall enough to spin Sel around soon.

The winter air was nice and refreshing and the creatures outdoor seemed a bit sluggish but that was fine. Selena had more than enough creatures to care for back at home - some muggle, some not and all of them utterly perfect in her eyes. But no amount of creatures could fill that little people void left in her heart each time the kids went off to Hogwarts. Being unable to send them their fruit baskets and sweets made it all the harder. It had been a long and dreadful tear-filled holidays without them. She had the house decorated all pretty with presents wrapped under the tree and no one to open them.

"Do you think they're alright?" Selena asked a sleeping niffler. She had barely heard from them all term.

Hm... maybe... it would be a nice surprise for Juliette if she had a niffler back at home. Who could say no to that furry belly? Maybe Selena should've stayed near the entrance since she was supposed to meet Emma. Though would Selena be surprised if Emma had a tracker on her? Absolutely not. Emma was always the more responsible one.

_______________________.__________________________ ____i'll leave my .l o v e. between the stars...
Old 06-22-2020, 04:16 PM   #105 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeJenn View Post
Why did they ever let their kids go to Hogwarts? Selena was absolutely sick with worry. The former Slytherin went to her happy place whenever she was this upset. And that happy place happened to be the zoo where she used to bring her favorite three children when they were younger. But they weren't little children anymore and Selena couldn't pick them up and spin them around recklessly. Heck, Peter was probably going to be tall enough to spin Sel around soon.

The winter air was nice and refreshing and the creatures outdoor seemed a bit sluggish but that was fine. Selena had more than enough creatures to care for back at home - some muggle, some not and all of them utterly perfect in her eyes. But no amount of creatures could fill that little people void left in her heart each time the kids went off to Hogwarts. Being unable to send them their fruit baskets and sweets made it all the harder. It had been a long and dreadful tear-filled holidays without them. She had the house decorated all pretty with presents wrapped under the tree and no one to open them.

"Do you think they're alright?" Selena asked a sleeping niffler. She had barely heard from them all term.

Hm... maybe... it would be a nice surprise for Juliette if she had a niffler back at home. Who could say no to that furry belly? Maybe Selena should've stayed near the entrance since she was supposed to meet Emma. Though would Selena be surprised if Emma had a tracker on her? Absolutely not. Emma was always the more responsible one.
Emma's client was running over their appointment time. She had agreed to meet this client at their apartment with the mock up designs that she needed to review with them; however, the client hadn't remembered their appointment and was running a half an hour late. Instead of asking Emma to reschedule the appointment, the client still insisted on meeting. Days like this made Emma wonder if she should have stayed at the Ministry instead of pursuing her other passion in interior design. This career path just seemed to suit her family more with Braeden off and about directing. She could be at home with her own children and raise them. Fortunately the blonde had managed to escape her client because she had texted Braeden to call her to get her out of the meeting. Had she had a family emergency? Well not REALLY - but it would have been one if she were late to meet up with Selena. Her Hogwarts best friend from day one had literally become her sister- not by blood- but chosen by her.

"Have you heard any news from the kids?" she asked her husband as she hopped off of the bus at Regent's park before walking along the street towards the London Zoo. The Scamander Zoo was just across the road from it. "I just... I know you know how I feel about this. It's just... I feel helpless that we can't do anything." The blonde paused, walking through the entrance as she listened to her husband. Not seeing Selena nearby, Emma wandered further in with mobile device in hand, listening to Braeden. She knew how disappointed he had been not to see their kids at Christmas even little Juliette who they considered a prodigal daughter for them. "Don't worry. Evie will keep them in line. She's responsible." Yes, Evie had inherited Emma's perceptiveness and wit when it came to unusual situations that needed a solution. She chuckled when she heard Braeden's agreement that he wasn't worried about Evie. She was their survivor child. Emma wasn't too worried about Juliette either. The girl was also resourceful. Besides, she was sure between the two of them they'd be able to figure something out. She was more concerned over Peter. Sweet shy Peter. Her son who wore his heart on his sleeve and had inherited Braeden's lopsided grin and goofy sense of humour. Her sweet boy.

"I see Selena waiting up ahead. Will you be home for dinner?" she asked, fixing her scarf. Emma hoped he would be home. Two days ago, he had gone back to filming in Ireland and with the kids MIA - she just wanted him to be home. Her heart dropped at his answer. Not tonight. Forcing a smile on her lips, she nodded. "I'll see you tomorrow then. I love you." Signing off of the phone, she walked up behind her friend and offered her a smile. "Hey. Sorry for running late. Horrid client," she said as she made her way to stand next to her friend. Reaching her arms out, she offered her a hug. "How are you holding up?"
Old 06-23-2020, 01:14 AM   #106 (permalink)

MO
Hinkypunk

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maya Nam
Slytherin
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bianca Holden
Minister's Office
x12 x2

When her best friend had finally arrived, Selena gave her a big smile and gladly accepted the hug. Hugs from Emma were like mugs of hot chocolate in front of a fire on a cold night - absolutely perfect and heartwarming. "Hey Em. Did you tell them that though we have not yet conquered the world, our children will so they need to watch it?" she joked. They had often talked about world domination when they were younger. Somewhere between getting older and having children, she supposed those thoughts had taken a backseat. Although... since the kids weren't around maybe they would- no, that was ridiculous.

"I miss our babies," Sel pouted. She missed spoiling them rotten and running around after them. "Remember when we used to take the kids here over the summer?" she said wistfully, almost imagining the kids running towards the children's playground and making a beeline to the kneazle and crup adoption area. "How are you and Braeden doing without the kids around?" It felt like she hadn't had dinner with them in the longest time though she knew Braeden was often kept busy with filming. Selena could remember those days. No, she was an old woman now - retired and caring for all the creatures back at home. They would need to do a big dinner when the kids were home for the summer. Which brought Selena to her next point...

"I don't know why we keep sending them back to school. I don't think Hogwarts was nearly as dangerous when we were there." Maybe it was and she had been completely oblivious but Selena would think that she'd be know if they were in danger. "I do hope our girls are looking after Peter." Because Peter was precious and Selena would protect that little boy with her life. She would protect all of them but Peter had a special soft spot in her heart.

_______________________.__________________________ ____i'll leave my .l o v e. between the stars...
Old 08-14-2020, 12:43 AM   #107 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Default Zayden/SarcasticStrawberry <3
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Perhaps it was an odd place to work on her homework, but honestly the picnic tables at the zoo surrounded by the sounds of the animals and visitors was her favorite study area. It was moments like now where she wondered if maybe she should have persuaded magiczoology as opposed to her current pre-healer studies but... honestly she loved what she was doing. So her trips to Scamander zoo were just starting to feel like the best of both worlds.

It also proved to be a great distraction when she was done with her books and able to explore and visit the animals. Which she was actually ready to do now. Naia packed away the rest of her potions books, storing her notes neatly as well, before she slung her bag over her shoulder and headed towards the Wampus exhibit -- one of her favorites -- first.

Merlin, they really were beautiful creatures.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 08-14-2020, 01:34 AM   #108 (permalink)

DMAC
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maisey Wilde
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBA?
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Dahlia Blaze
Accidents & Catastrophes
x5
❅ Purple Lightsaber ❅| | Captain Sarcastic |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
Perhaps it was an odd place to work on her homework, but honestly the picnic tables at the zoo surrounded by the sounds of the animals and visitors was her favorite study area. It was moments like now where she wondered if maybe she should have persuaded magiczoology as opposed to her current pre-healer studies but... honestly she loved what she was doing. So her trips to Scamander zoo were just starting to feel like the best of both worlds.

It also proved to be a great distraction when she was done with her books and able to explore and visit the animals. Which she was actually ready to do now. Naia packed away the rest of her potions books, storing her notes neatly as well, before she slung her bag over her shoulder and headed towards the Wampus exhibit -- one of her favorites -- first.

Merlin, they really were beautiful creatures.
Zayden hadn’t been back in London long, and he was looking for some source of inspiration and what better way to get some of that much needed inspiration than here. It just so happened that he had sold his last art piece this morning and it was enough for an admission ticket, after his other living expenses. You had the sun, the warm summer breeze and all the animals and creatures you could dream or think of, what better place to be.

He had even packed his art supplies in his backpack, just in case a bust of something stroke his fancy. He had only just begun walking around and had wandered into the Wampus exhibit. He walked past, seeing the wampus. “Wow that’s a big cat.” He chuckled realizing the excitement in his voice and the volume as well. He looked around and flashed the girl nearby an embarrassed grin.

You are Bread!
Old 08-14-2020, 04:14 AM   #109 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcasticStrawberry View Post
Zayden hadn’t been back in London long, and he was looking for some source of inspiration and what better way to get some of that much needed inspiration than here. It just so happened that he had sold his last art piece this morning and it was enough for an admission ticket, after his other living expenses. You had the sun, the warm summer breeze and all the animals and creatures you could dream or think of, what better place to be.

He had even packed his art supplies in his backpack, just in case a bust of something stroke his fancy. He had only just begun walking around and had wandered into the Wampus exhibit. He walked past, seeing the wampus. “Wow that’s a big cat.” He chuckled realizing the excitement in his voice and the volume as well. He looked around and flashed the girl nearby an embarrassed grin.
Sometimes staring at the creatures at both Scamander zoo and the muggles zoos she'd been too, she considered more and more looking into becoming an animagus. And if she did that, what kind she'd want to be. There was always a basic house cat, because honestly naps in the sun and snuggles with a human seemed really perfect. But she could also be something COOLER, like maybe even a Wampus or something non magical but similar like a black panther. So. Many. Possibilities.

And then when she thought of this, she also rabbit trailed to what her patronus might be, since she STILL was not able to cast one. Which was probably embarrassing now at her age, but she just didn't have a strong enough memory yet. And right now was not the best time to gather one.

She could feel herself spiraling more into her thoughts when she heard a voice nearby, and she jumped slightly before turning and meeting an embarrassed looking smile. She giggled slightly and beamed back, happy for a distraction. "They are pretty large. They're absolutely gorgeous to look at too." Well, in her opinion anyways. "But maybe that's just my Ilvermony pride talking." She had been a Horned Serpent, but a few of her siblings had been Wampus.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 08-18-2020, 11:40 PM   #110 (permalink)

DMAC
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maisey Wilde
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBA?
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Dahlia Blaze
Accidents & Catastrophes
x5
❅ Purple Lightsaber ❅| | Captain Sarcastic |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
Sometimes staring at the creatures at both Scamander zoo and the muggles zoos she'd been too, she considered more and more looking into becoming an animagus. And if she did that, what kind she'd want to be. There was always a basic house cat, because honestly naps in the sun and snuggles with a human seemed really perfect. But she could also be something COOLER, like maybe even a Wampus or something non magical but similar like a black panther. So. Many. Possibilities.

And then when she thought of this, she also rabbit trailed to what her patronus might be, since she STILL was not able to cast one. Which was probably embarrassing now at her age, but she just didn't have a strong enough memory yet. And right now was not the best time to gather one.

She could feel herself spiraling more into her thoughts when she heard a voice nearby, and she jumped slightly before turning and meeting an embarrassed looking smile. She giggled slightly and beamed back, happy for a distraction. "They are pretty large. They're absolutely gorgeous to look at too." Well, in her opinion anyways. "But maybe that's just my Ilvermony pride talking." She had been a Horned Serpent, but a few of her siblings had been Wampus.

He was almost chuckling to himself at this point. Had he not had human interactions in that long that now all he could do was talk loud. However he was embarrassed and wore the smile still. But that embarrassed smile turned into a goofy grin. Zay’s signature goofy grin. ”Hiya.” With a little chipperiness in his voice.

”Ilvermony!” He repeated. Ohhhh did she go there? He had only been there his first and second year before transferring to Hogwarts. He didn’t remember her, maybe they wasn’t even close to the same age, probably they were but then again he didn’t remember much from that part of his life. He turned back to the wampus looking at the big cat as he called it. ”They are very beautiful.”

You are Bread!
Old 09-30-2020, 06:12 PM   #111 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

A day at the zoo, why not!

Zita could give many reasons why not, it was cold, there were animals, it was cold, but she was trying to find something different for them to do for a day out and this was all she could think of. Plus as a bonus she could dress in her super cute leggings, sweater, and cute gray hat and boots. She was dressed for snow even though it wasn't freezing, she was going to make sure she was prepared.

"What do you want to see first?" Holding tightly to Adam's hand she headed into the zoo. She'd probably look at a few animals before maybe they could stop and get some hot chocolate or coffee.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:26 PM   #112 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Zita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
A day at the zoo, why not!

Zita could give many reasons why not, it was cold, there were animals, it was cold, but she was trying to find something different for them to do for a day out and this was all she could think of. Plus as a bonus she could dress in her super cute leggings, sweater, and cute gray hat and boots. She was dressed for snow even though it wasn't freezing, she was going to make sure she was prepared.

"What do you want to see first?" Holding tightly to Adam's hand she headed into the zoo. She'd probably look at a few animals before maybe they could stop and get some hot chocolate or coffee.

Since they were outside, Adam was rocking his over-sized purple sunglasses again. He hadn’t worn them in a while and unbeknownst to him, they had somehow become a little crooked and tilted slightly to the left. His eye sight was significantly better than when he had met Zita, but he still had problems seeing and being out in the sun was a bit hard on his eyes. Unlike Zita, he wasn’t dressed like for the snow, but instead was comfortable in a waterproof boots and a turtleneck and wool coat.

He had been a bit surprised regarding Zita’s suggestion to go to the zoo, she had never seemed the animal type. But he was rather flattered that she had come up with the idea on her own. It meant she cared right? Or at least that she did enjoy spending time with him in public. He knew she enjoyed being at home with him. But having her old his hand in public? It still made him get butterflies.

Was that a water fountain? He had never been to the zoo and therefore wasn’t familiar with the layout. Or even what the zoo contained in regards to magical and perhaps(?) mundane animals. ”Are zere unicorns?” He asked, figuring they were pretty and that she would probably like to see them. In fact, he hadn’t seen a unicorn in years. He’d always wanted to pet one, but sadly they didn’t take to males.
Old 10-05-2020, 06:18 PM   #113 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Since they were outside, Adam was rocking his over-sized purple sunglasses again. He hadn’t worn them in a while and unbeknownst to him, they had somehow become a little crooked and tilted slightly to the left. His eye sight was significantly better than when he had met Zita, but he still had problems seeing and being out in the sun was a bit hard on his eyes. Unlike Zita, he wasn’t dressed like for the snow, but instead was comfortable in a waterproof boots and a turtleneck and wool coat.

He had been a bit surprised regarding Zita’s suggestion to go to the zoo, she had never seemed the animal type. But he was rather flattered that she had come up with the idea on her own. It meant she cared right? Or at least that she did enjoy spending time with him in public. He knew she enjoyed being at home with him. But having her old his hand in public? It still made him get butterflies.

Was that a water fountain? He had never been to the zoo and therefore wasn’t familiar with the layout. Or even what the zoo contained in regards to magical and perhaps(?) mundane animals. ”Are zere unicorns?” He asked, figuring they were pretty and that she would probably like to see them. In fact, he hadn’t seen a unicorn in years. He’d always wanted to pet one, but sadly they didn’t take to males.
Holding his hand Zita looked around. The sun was out, which was nice, but the wind was chilly. She felt herself moving a little closer to Adam but she wanted to make sure he had enough room to walk without trouble as well.

Hearing what he suggested for the animal to see first she looked to see which way to go. "I think they are in barn four. Let me get the map out and see where that is." She slowed her step before stopping to pull the map from her purse. Glancing at it she looked up at him before giggling a bit, "Umm... " She wasn't laughing at him and didn't want him to think that, but it was silly and cute seeing his glasses this way. Instead of saying anything else she reached up and fixed them for him.
Old 10-05-2020, 10:03 PM   #114 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

Quote:
Holding his hand Zita looked around. The sun was out, which was nice, but the wind was chilly. She felt herself moving a little closer to Adam but she wanted to make sure he had enough room to walk without trouble as well.

Hearing what he suggested for the animal to see first she looked to see which way to go. "I think they are in barn four. Let me get the map out and see where that is." She slowed her step before stopping to pull the map from her purse. Glancing at it she looked up at him before giggling a bit, "Umm... " She wasn't laughing at him and didn't want him to think that, but it was silly and cute seeing his glasses this way. Instead of saying anything else she reached up and fixed them for him.

"Vhat funny?" he asked hearing her giggle. He had been trying to figure out where the bubbling burbling noises were coming from. "Ist zere a fountain near-" She was fiddling with his sunglasses and he resisted the urge to shoo her hand away. It wasn't that he didn't like being touched, it just had taken him by surprise. "Danke," he said, sticking his free hand into his pocket instead.

"Vhat else is barn four?" he asked, because they should see what other animals there to see."Oh firecrabs! Are zere firecrabs?" he asked with a wee bit more excitement than he might have intended. Adam had been rubbish in very few classes, but COMC was of course one in which he had only managed a passible grade. In fact, most animals tended to dislike him. Perhaps they could sense something about him, just like his fanged geranium did. He wondered if Zita had problems with animals. She didn't with plants. The stupid fanged geranium loved her, not that he could blame it. She was possibly the nicest person he'd met, even if she didn't believe so. "Did you take kreatures in school ?" he asked.
Old 10-07-2020, 03:15 PM   #115 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
"Vhat funny?" he asked hearing her giggle. He had been trying to figure out where the bubbling burbling noises were coming from. "Ist zere a fountain near-" She was fiddling with his sunglasses and he resisted the urge to shoo her hand away. It wasn't that he didn't like being touched, it just had taken him by surprise. "Danke," he said, sticking his free hand into his pocket instead.

"Vhat else is barn four?" he asked, because they should see what other animals there to see."Oh firecrabs! Are zere firecrabs?" he asked with a wee bit more excitement than he might have intended. Adam had been rubbish in very few classes, but COMC was of course one in which he had only managed a passible grade. In fact, most animals tended to dislike him. Perhaps they could sense something about him, just like his fanged geranium did. He wondered if Zita had problems with animals. She didn't with plants. The stupid fanged geranium loved her, not that he could blame it. She was possibly the nicest person he'd met, even if she didn't believe so. "Did you take kreatures in school ?" he asked.
She had taken his hand again after fixing his glasses and just smiles at his thanks, leaning in giving him a quick kiss. "Yes, there is one up ahead. Might be a cute picture place." Of course loved her picture taken, so she was planning on getting tons of pictures of them today. Headed towards the fountain she positioned them in front of it before pulling out her camera to get a selfie of the two of them in front of it. "Smile"

"Oh.. umm, I'm not sure, probably other horses." She pulled out the map once more to check it out. "Yes it is the more horse like creatures. Wow they even have a few Thestrals, I won't be able to see them though, can you?" She wasn't sure if he would and she couldn't remember if they ever talked about anything that would have answered that question.

Headed towards barn four she just smiled at his question, "Yeah, I mean creatures are all right. I took the class because I had to, but I'm not sure I paid attention all that much."
Old 10-08-2020, 02:32 AM   #116 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

Quote:
She had taken his hand again after fixing his glasses and just smiles at his thanks, leaning in giving him a quick kiss. "Yes, there is one up ahead. Might be a cute picture place." Of course loved her picture taken, so she was planning on getting tons of pictures of them today. Headed towards the fountain she positioned them in front of it before pulling out her camera to get a selfie of the two of them in front of it. "Smile"

"Oh.. umm, I'm not sure, probably other horses." She pulled out the map once more to check it out. "Yes it is the more horse like creatures. Wow they even have a few Thestrals, I won't be able to see them though, can you?" She wasn't sure if he would and she couldn't remember if they ever talked about anything that would have answered that question.

Headed towards barn four she just smiled at his question, "Yeah, I mean creatures are all right. I took the class because I had to, but I'm not sure I paid attention all that much."

Did he blush a little at the kiss? Maybe. Adam still wasn't used to public displays of affection. Also? Such displays usually made his pulse speed up just little. Had he mentioned he was crazy about Zita? No, a part of him still felt a little vulnerable about discussing his emotions with her. "Photo?" he repeated. Adam knew how much Zita loved having her photo taken. Himself? Eh, photos were what they were. He had never found himself to be very photogenic. Still, he let her lead him along and he made sure that his arm was around her waist while they posed for the photo. And yes, he made sure to give her a quick kiss before they started off to Barn 4.

No firecrabs in barn 4. Well, that was a bit disappointing, but perhaps they were in barn 1 or 2 or 3. He imagined they were other barns right? Why else call it barn 4. "Abraxans?" he asked then. He might not be good with animals, but he sure knew his creatures. He was trying to think of more horse-like creatures (all he could come up with were kelpies, but he doubted they'd be in barn 4), when she asked about Thestrals. "Ja," he answered quietly, suddenly overcome by the idea of the memory his sister. "Mein Zwillingsschwester. Ahh... twin sister," he corrected his German for her and then added before she could ask. "Ve vere young. Verewolf attack." He really didn't remember much about the incident, but it had left him with the nasty scars on his shoulder and chest. He had subconsciously reached up and rubbed at the scar as if it hurt, but it hadn't hurt in years. When he realized what he was doing, he forced himself to stop and instead pulled Zita a little closer, slipping his arm around her shoulder as they walked. He'd had years to mourn his sister and honestly? He had been so young when it happened, he didn't remember much about it.

"Fascinating subchect. I vas no good at. Do no zink animals like me much." Even dogs had never seemed to like him. Owls? Well, they were a little different, but still it always seemed like they only interacted with him as much as they had to. "Fisch. I can do fisch." He chuckled a little. In fact, he'd written and published a (rather boring) paper on the uses of histicarp in potion brewing a few months before he had joined the British Ministry of Magic. Cats? Cats were the worst. "Did you haf pets at all?" Please say no, he thought.
Old 10-24-2020, 03:26 AM   #117 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

He was so fun, did he know? She always enjoyed his more shy ways and how he always seemed to not want to take pictures, but they were on a date and at the zoo. It was fun to take pictures together and Z thought they could maybe get some new ones for her picture frames in her parents guesthouse house. She gave him a kiss back before taking his hand and headed towards barn 4. She figured they could start there and work their way back to the other barns.

"Yes, those are in there. I hope they have some out flying. I love watching them fly." Zita didn't hate animals, she liked to look at them, from a distance, but taking care of most of them was a big fat no. They pooped and poop needed cleaned up and even with magic she wasn't going near any of that. So she walked listening to him talk about his sister.

It was weird thinking about something like that happening. She just couldn't imagine losing one of her sisters, even though for the most part she hadn't really been that close to any of them in quite awhile. As he pulled her closer she noticed his hand go up to where his scar was and she just pulled her arm around him acting like she didn't notice.

"No, we never had pets really. I think my sisters might have had one, but I never had one for myself." She never really was that interested in any, they just seemed like they'd take attention and not give the attention to her.

Old 10-25-2020, 01:24 AM   #118 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

Quote:
He was so fun, did he know? She always enjoyed his more shy ways and how he always seemed to not want to take pictures, but they were on a date and at the zoo. It was fun to take pictures together and Z thought they could maybe get some new ones for her picture frames in her parents guesthouse house. She gave him a kiss back before taking his hand and headed towards barn 4. She figured they could start there and work their way back to the other barns.

"Yes, those are in there. I hope they have some out flying. I love watching them fly." Zita didn't hate animals, she liked to look at them, from a distance, but taking care of most of them was a big fat no. They pooped and poop needed cleaned up and even with magic she wasn't going near any of that. So she walked listening to him talk about his sister.

It was weird thinking about something like that happening. She just couldn't imagine losing one of her sisters, even though for the most part she hadn't really been that close to any of them in quite awhile. As he pulled her closer she noticed his hand go up to where his scar was and she just pulled her arm around him acting like she didn't notice.

"No, we never had pets really. I think my sisters might have had one, but I never had one for myself." She never really was that interested in any, they just seemed like they'd take attention and not give the attention to her.

So she liked flying horses? Well, that was good to know. He filed that away for future reference. ”Ve should get cakao before ve vatch zem,” And by ‘we watch’, he mostly meant her. He would be content to stand there with his arms around her while she watched. If the light was right, he might even be able to see her face while she watched. He hoped the cocoa here had marshmallows in it. And popcorn – maybe they had caramel corn. Because apparently Adam was having a sweets craving.

He could tell, even though she didn’t say anything about his admission regarding his sister, that Zita had heard him. He appreciated her silence and the arm she slipped around him too. He was glad she didn’t have questions, because it wasn’t something he wanted to rehash. At least not here. There were people around who could hear them and well, he been bullied about the attack enough for one lifetime. He gave her hair a kiss to say thank you as they walked. ”I did not growing up eizzer. Not efen an owl.” Granted, his father hadn’t the money for one. ”Did you vant one?” he asked. Maybe a cat. He might be able to handle a cat…maybe. Or maybe the cat would try to attack his toes when he walked.