sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1158 users online including...
Kimothy , Svetldec , GordonAcime , CurtisViday , PhoenixRising

6 members
1152 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmistress: Regina Hawthorne's Reign > Term 49: May - August 2018

Term 49: May - August 2018 Term Forty-Nine: A Hoard of Trouble (Sept 2095 - June 2096)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 04-16-2017, 10:58 PM

Default The Quidditch Pitch

Banner credit: Suziella

The Pitch is home to the flying lessons at Hogwarts and is surrounded by the Stands. When Quidditch is hosted at Hogwarts, the Stands are decorated in the colors of the playing teams. When not in use, the Pitch is open for students and staff to practice their flying skills.

Want to set up a friendly game of Quidditch or Creaothceann? A quick chat with the flying instructor Mr. Baldvinsson, and he will grant you permission to the necessary equipment locked away in the Broomshed.

Usage of the Pitch is a privilege which can be revoked. Please play nicely, kids. If brooms or equipment have been borrowed, please handle with care if you wish to borrow them again.

Be safe, show sportsmanship and have fun!

Note: The pitch might be reserved for Quidditch practice. Please check the schedule if the pitch is booked by a team.
Old 06-09-2018, 09:57 PM   #26 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Rylee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Yes! This was very true. If she worked her way up to harder more advanced spells before she had to take the OWLs and NEWTs she wouldn't have any trouble acing them. Now there was a deeper more meaningful incentive behind her need to learn as much as she could. "I do. If I'm more prepared in other areas that are easier for me as well then I'll be able to spend more time on my weaker subjects." Like Runes and the other ones that didn't really interest her much right now.

A pink rosy blush spread across Rylee's cheeks at the professors compliment. "Thank you, Professor," she giggled smiling brightly. "I practice a lot. A real LOT." Rylee nodded. "You have to have fast reflexes if you want to be a Seeker... or well for any position in Quidditch really." Each position required different skills. Books. That sounded a lot like a few people she knew. "Is that why you decided to become a professor, to share all the knowledge you've learned with others?"

This time the ball wasn't to hard to catch only making the lioness fly after it. Maybe she had just been paying better attention. Without wasting a breath she tossed the ball towards her professor once more.

Kay beamed. "That's yet another way to look at it,'' she said with a nod. "I'm certainly proud of you and your attitude towards taking your education, Ms Prichard.'' In a way, she was reminded of the younger version of herself. Though that attitude never changed; she was always up for learning even if she were close to her forties!

"All of that practice has paid off. Are you looking forward to the Quidditch season even more than you were last year?'' Kay made a little bow, or at least as best as she could sitting atop a broomstick. "Thank you. I would say I'm passable at this. It's much more fun to have someone to be playing catch with. I think I would be better as a Chaser. There's too much pressure on a Seeker, I think.''

Kay was focused on watching the ball fly back at her. Still, she narrowly missed catching it. She did, however, managed to dart after it, catching it safely before it hit the ground. She rose into the air again with a vigorous nod. "Yes. I also like kiddos so that was another reason. Catch!'' The ball went sailing once more.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 06-11-2018, 07:16 PM   #27 (permalink)

DoM & AC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Addison Ayers
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sam Forrester
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Clarke
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default Sorry about that delay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphora View Post
"Race? Okay, let's do it." Nathan nodded, eager as well to start warming up. He cast a quick glance over to her broom. He wondered what broom model she was flying on. "Hey Kye, what model broom is that?" he asked her. Other than his love for the sport, he was also a collector for limited edition brooms. "Mine's a Firebolt Supreme CX - all black limited edition series," he boasted lightly. Not that he didn't appreciate her broom. No...no! He adored all brooms! The more uniquely designed they were, the better. No wonder he had a couple of broom display sets lined up back home. He just couldn't get enough of them. And with that, he leans forward and off he went!
Kye smiled at him, glad he was up for a little challenge. “It’s a Moonbrusher, my friend!” she answered his question, preparing to take off. Why… jealous?? She looked at his broom briefly, noting the very deep color, but she had seen it up close at practice once. She could appreciate an awesome broom, and yes, Nathan had an awesome broom, but that was about where her broom knowledge ended. Maybe he would tell her later more about his broom, but for now it was time to race! She zoomed off after her fellow chaser, feeling the chill morning wind lashing against her cheeks and ears again. She picked up speed and had gotten close enough to Nathan that she had to be careful not to actually hit him. She drafted behind him as long as she could before to his left, attempting to pass him. “Let’s see what that broom can do!” she called to him, a smile still on her face. It was so nice to just fly for a bit. No plays to be run, no bludgers, just a broom in the wind!

Old 06-14-2018, 04:41 AM   #28 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
Default Flying long term assignment (Derf) Execution post 1
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

With her little black notebook in hand, along with her broom and timer, she headed out to the Quidditch pitch to work on meeting one of her mini goals. Her focus of the day was speed. She wanted to quicken the time it took her to race from one end of the pitch to the other.

To make things a little more fun, she planned to meet Derf on the pitch so the two of them could work on their long term assignments together. The day was unseasonably warm and the sky was a brilliant blue dotted with a few sparse clouds. Perfect weather for fitness.

Upon her arrival to the pitch, she placed her things on the ground and began some light stretching while she waited for Derf to arrive. Nothing as fancy as they had done in class, no, she would leave the fancy stretching for the older folks. A few simple toe touches and arm raises were enough to get her loosened up for flight.

Last edited by Birchwoodmom; 07-07-2018 at 03:14 AM.
Old 06-15-2018, 03:26 PM   #29 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Default Professor Stewart!
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Rylee nodded quickly. If she didn’t have to waste time on things she already knew then she could focus on what she didn’t or what she needed to improve on more confidently. “Thank you, professor. I really enjoying learning all that I can about many different things.” She was only twelve so of course there was certain topics that held her interest much better than others but there was always room to learn something new.

The fact that Kay took notice to how much better her Quidditch and flying skills have paid off really meant a lot to her. It was important to her that she improved as much as she could. Practicing all summer long and her continued training now really had paid off. “I am! I really want to show everyone that I’m serious about playing and I’m willing to put in the hard work to be on the team and remain on the team.” If she got a starter position that would be amazing but if not she would just have to continue training hard. “You’re welcome and I agree. It’s much better practice too.” She could have spent some time flying around alone, sure but having someone to fly with and play a game of catch too was great! That was something she hadn’t thought about. All the pressure placed upon a Seeker to catch the snitch. “I didn’t really think about that but it’s true. Everyone wants the Seeker to catch the snitch, themselves included since it’s their main goal. Playing Chaser is lots of fun and so is Beater.” Keeper was a good workout as well.

Ooooh she almost missed it! “Awesome save!” Rylee grinned at Kay clapping as she caught the ball just before it hit the ground. “Well that’s a great reason to become a Professor! I really love creatures and plants!” And of course Quidditch and lets not forget of love of dancing too. There went the ball! Rylee whipped around on her broom flying after it. She didn’t speak again until the ball was caught and held in her hand. “What was your favorite subject in school?” Had it always been Muggle Studies and that’s why she teaches it now? “Heads up!” she called out throwing the ball back.

You are Bread!
Old 06-17-2018, 11:50 PM   #30 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom View Post
With her little black notebook in hand, along with her broom and timer, she headed out to the Quidditch pitch to work on meeting one of her mini goals. Her focus of the day was speed. She wanted to quicken the time it took her to race from one end of the pitch to the other.

To make things a little more fun, she planned to meet Derf on the pitch so the two of them could work on their long term assignments together. The day was unseasonably warm and the sky was a brilliant blue dotted with a few sparse clouds. Perfect weather for fitness.

Upon her arrival to the pitch, she placed her things on the ground and began some light stretching while she waited for Derf to arrive. Nothing as fancy as they had done in class, no, she would leave the fancy stretching for the older folks. A few simple toe touches and arm raises were enough to get her loosened up for flight.
Derf had his little black notebook on hand...but it was still very much blank. Instead what he had folded within its seams was the suggested workout schedule and goals for those hoping to achieve U-17 status after the coming spring trials. The list was...long, and the only bit he felt truly confident about was the expectations of how much a beater hopeful ought to be able to lift. So he was looking over this list as he approached, it taped to the back of the cover of his notebook adjacent the title page he had drawn up earlier. These wind sprints and how quickly he was expected to run 2 km was a bit worrisome in all honesty.

Peeking up as he felt the ground beneath his feet change, indicating that he was on the pitch now, Derf easily spotted the younger girl and offered her a small wave as he balanced his journal and broom in his arms. "Hiya!" he greeted, coming to a stop and setting his journal down while leaving it open to the expectations.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
Old 06-18-2018, 04:28 AM   #31 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
Default Flying long term assignment Execution post 2

Just as she got to her feet after some leg stretches, she heard a familiar voice. "Hi" she answered brightly back, trying to sneak a look at his notebook. Unfortunately, her spying did not good as his notebook appeared to be blank.

"So, what goals are you working towards?" She wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt that he'd just not had the time to write his goals down. "I have a few things planned, but my big goal may be out of reach." She picked up her notebook and flipped open the cover to reveal the first page.

SPOILER!!: notebook
Emmalyn Walsh
Hufflepuff Second Year

Major goal: Be able to do a full inverted loop over the pitch on my broom.

Minor goal 1: Increase flying speed. Be able to cut at least 2 seconds off my cross pitch flying time.

Minor goal 2: Be able to hang on and fly upside down across the pitch.

Minor goal 3: Increase arm strength.

She waited long enough for him to be able to read her goals. "What do you think? Am I completely crazy to even try?" That was when she realized she wasn't even sure if it was possible to do an inverted loop on a broom. She probably should have checked first before making it a goal, but either way, she wanted to try.

"I think I need to do some weight training to build up my arm muscles. It's going to be hard to hold on upside down. I also need to increase my speed, and not be afraid to fly upside down." All of those were doable.

"What do you want to start with? " Her mind was going in a million directions at once and she needed him to make the call where to start. He was older, and wiser, right?

Last edited by Birchwoodmom; 07-07-2018 at 03:14 AM.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:00 AM   #32 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12

Blank indeed. Though he had plenty of thoughts in his head, as always. Just a matter of putting them on paper. Though his bright blues did drift to the recommended list from the quidditch scouts and coaches.

"...making the U-17 Wales team," says simply. It was real and it was a reality that would unfold in just a few months, whether or not he would make it that is. Though then he realized that she was asking over all - maybe the smaller ones - and he ruffled his hair while his ears turned a bit red, flushed. "The coach gave me a suggested list of physical and aerial requirements for the team, sorta a baseline standard, so...those are my smaller goals..."

Pausing, Derf gave her list another look over and quickly shook his head. "Not crazy at all, no," he smiled. "I think you can do it. You're a natural on a broom and if you keep your loop tight it should be entirely within your reach. Especially if we build up your arm muscles a bit," he added with a small teasing grin as he reached over to give her arm a gentle pinch. "I gotta bulk up more in my arms too...the suggested weight I should be able to lift isn't quite where I am at just yet..."

As for where to start...

"Where do you want to? You invited me to join you, so it's more your agenda than mine today," he chuckled. Especially with her being more organized than himself. "Though a warm up is always a good place to begin."

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
Old 06-19-2018, 03:56 AM   #33 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
Default Flying long term assignment Execution post 3

Wow, the U-17 Wales team. Her jaw dropped just a bit before making a quick recovery. She had forgotten how much older than her he was. That was an outstanding goal to have and she wanted to help him achieve it. He needed to work on arm muscles and aerial stuff too. Teaming up was proving to be an even better idea than she originally thought.

"We could do some stretching, then we can move on to some push-ups then pull-ups. At quidditch camp, we would hover our brooms in the air and use them as pull-up bars. Made it a bit more fun than hours in the gym, not that I was able to do more than a couple at a time." She shrugged her shoulders and smiled before picking up her notebook to mark down what exercises she would be working on. Push-ups and pull-ups would both help her build arm muscles.

"So, let's get started. Follow me for a jog around the pitch to get warmed up, then we stretch." She took off at a moderate jog around the pitch in a counter clockwise direction. The warmth of the sun was no match for the cool wintry breeze that blew across the pitch, but soon enough she would be warm from the exercise.

Last edited by Birchwoodmom; 07-07-2018 at 03:15 AM.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:49 PM   #34 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
Rylee nodded quickly. If she didn’t have to waste time on things she already knew then she could focus on what she didn’t or what she needed to improve on more confidently. “Thank you, professor. I really enjoying learning all that I can about many different things.” She was only twelve so of course there was certain topics that held her interest much better than others but there was always room to learn something new.

The fact that Kay took notice to how much better her Quidditch and flying skills have paid off really meant a lot to her. It was important to her that she improved as much as she could. Practicing all summer long and her continued training now really had paid off. “I am! I really want to show everyone that I’m serious about playing and I’m willing to put in the hard work to be on the team and remain on the team.” If she got a starter position that would be amazing but if not she would just have to continue training hard. “You’re welcome and I agree. It’s much better practice too.” She could have spent some time flying around alone, sure but having someone to fly with and play a game of catch too was great! That was something she hadn’t thought about. All the pressure placed upon a Seeker to catch the snitch. “I didn’t really think about that but it’s true. Everyone wants the Seeker to catch the snitch, themselves included since it’s their main goal. Playing Chaser is lots of fun and so is Beater.” Keeper was a good workout as well.

Ooooh she almost missed it! “Awesome save!” Rylee grinned at Kay clapping as she caught the ball just before it hit the ground. “Well that’s a great reason to become a Professor! I really love creatures and plants!” And of course Quidditch and lets not forget of love of dancing too. There went the ball! Rylee whipped around on her broom flying after it. She didn’t speak again until the ball was caught and held in her hand. “What was your favorite subject in school?” Had it always been Muggle Studies and that’s why she teaches it now? “Heads up!” she called out throwing the ball back.

Kay smiled again. "You're quite welcome. Just remember to always give it your best shot and to keep your confidence even when and if your spell work is not going according to plans.'' She rose a little higher on her broom. "Oh, I think you're doing a great job of that already. Are you intending on playing professionally in the future?'' it was always wonderful to hear that her former students went on to be successful in whatever fields they had chosen. "Beater... I had never considered myself for that position because I didn’t and don't think I'd have the right amount of energy to hit Bludgers.''

"Are you going to be a Magizoologist? A Herbologist? You have so many options!'' Gracious! That was something quite fortunate. If one of those did not work out for Rylee, she could always fall back on another. So intent that Kay was in their conversation that she almost missed the next toss. Almost. But she caught it with the tips of her fingers. "Muggle Studies. I think you would have guessed that. I also enjoyed Transfiguration. I had a lot of help with that from my cousin. Catch!''

Straight into the air went the ball.

Old 06-23-2018, 02:53 PM   #35 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

"That's what I try to do. It's like Quidditch or dancing. Not every spell will come easily to me and it takes practice to become great," she replied nodding in understanding. She was no stranger to hard work when it was something she loved to do. "Thank you!" Cue an even brighter smile. "Maybe while I attend University. I don't know if I'll continue to play professionally after that." Not only was that still years away but her heart was also open to creatures and herbology. It was hard to tell for sure which way she would go in five years. "Being a Beater takes a ton of energy and focus but it would be great for me." Being a high energy child she knew she could handle it.

Rylee giggled. "Right this very minute I just don't know. Some days I really think I'd love to be a Magizoologist and get to not only learn about all the different creatures but interact with them all as well. Other days I can picture myself working full time with plants and flowers, creating my own new types." Then there were days where all she wanted to be was a dancer. Being only twelve still, her mind was all over the place. "I do know one thing for sure... if it involves nature I'll really be in my element."

Another great catch there professor! Rylee smiled when Kay just caught the ball that time. "I thought so but you can never be to sure." Giggles. "What is it about Muggle Studies you enjoy the most?" Was it how different they were, the lack of magic but that they were steadily advancing forward with their own technology? They machines and other things they had? Ooooh Transfiguration! "Me too! I'm getting better at Transfiguration. It's a lot more complicated then other subjects. So is Potions but if I want to be an Animagi someday like my big sister is training to be then I need to get really good at it." Even if it took years and year and years.

Whoa! Rylee watched the ball rise higher and higher into the air before taking off after it with a gleeful laugh.

You are Bread!
Old 06-28-2018, 12:28 AM   #36 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
"That's what I try to do. It's like Quidditch or dancing. Not every spell will come easily to me and it takes practice to become great," she replied nodding in understanding. She was no stranger to hard work when it was something she loved to do. "Thank you!" Cue an even brighter smile. "Maybe while I attend University. I don't know if I'll continue to play professionally after that." Not only was that still years away but her heart was also open to creatures and herbology. It was hard to tell for sure which way she would go in five years. "Being a Beater takes a ton of energy and focus but it would be great for me." Being a high energy child she knew she could handle it.

Rylee giggled. "Right this very minute I just don't know. Some days I really think I'd love to be a Magizoologist and get to not only learn about all the different creatures but interact with them all as well. Other days I can picture myself working full time with plants and flowers, creating my own new types." Then there were days where all she wanted to be was a dancer. Being only twelve still, her mind was all over the place. "I do know one thing for sure... if it involves nature I'll really be in my element."

Another great catch there professor! Rylee smiled when Kay just caught the ball that time. "I thought so but you can never be to sure." Giggles. "What is it about Muggle Studies you enjoy the most?" Was it how different they were, the lack of magic but that they were steadily advancing forward with their own technology? They machines and other things they had? Ooooh Transfiguration! "Me too! I'm getting better at Transfiguration. It's a lot more complicated then other subjects. So is Potions but if I want to be an Animagi someday like my big sister is training to be then I need to get really good at it." Even if it took years and year and years.

Whoa! Rylee watched the ball rise higher and higher into the air before taking off after it with a gleeful laugh.

"If you can manage both University and playing at the same time, I'd say go for both. It's okay if you can't do that though. In that case, you just pick what's important to you and not be pressured into what anyone else wants you to do.'' This was one of the many advice Kay liked to give her kiddos- to make the choices they made for themselves. "If you choose to work with plants, animals or both, I know you'll give your best.''

Hmmm. That was a good question. Kaysha tilted her head as she put her words together. "Well, I like many aspects but I love that they get by each day without magic. That fascinates me very much.'' She liked Rylee's eagerness to learn. She really did. "I know that someday you'll be an Animagi! Just keep pushing yourself and keep your goal in mind.''

Kay grinned. All those giggles from Rylee! It sure was something to experience. Unfortunately, she had somewhere to get to. "Ms. Prichard? How about we make another date to play catch? I want to feed Marshmallow before I head back to the Castle.'' She eased herself onto the ground. "You may keep the ball until next time.''

Old 07-02-2018, 04:59 PM   #37 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom View Post
Wow, the U-17 Wales team. Her jaw dropped just a bit before making a quick recovery. She had forgotten how much older than her he was. That was an outstanding goal to have and she wanted to help him achieve it. He needed to work on arm muscles and aerial stuff too. Teaming up was proving to be an even better idea than she originally thought.

"We could do some stretching, then we can move on to some push-ups then pull-ups. At quidditch camp, we would hover our brooms in the air and use them as pull-up bars. Made it a bit more fun than hours in the gym, not that I was able to do more than a couple at a time." She shrugged her shoulders and smiled before picking up her notebook to mark down what exercises she would be working on. Push-ups and pull-ups would both help her build arm muscles.

"So, let's get started. Follow me for a jog around the pitch to get warmed up, then we stretch." She took off at a moderate jog around the pitch in a counter clockwise direction. The warmth of the sun was no match for the cool wintry breeze that blew across the pitch, but soon enough she would be warm from the exercise.
Derf couldn't help the small boyish chuckle that escaped his mouth seeing her reaction - along with that equally boyish hair ruffle. It...really wasn't as grand a thing as her reaction would imply...or perhaps it was, but he was mostly trying NOT to think about it all too much because he was already feeling pressure pushing down on him from every which angle as it was.

"Oh yeah...I remember doing it that way too," he mused as he balanced his own broom against his shoulder. "Sounds like a plan to me. And we can toss in several variations of push ups other than just the standard ones," he added.

Chuckles a little as she takes off, always pleased to see how eager she was, and soon starts his own brisk jog to catch up before flanking her side to jog with.

Old 07-03-2018, 02:21 AM   #38 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
Default Flying long term assignment Execution post 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Derf couldn't help the small boyish chuckle that escaped his mouth seeing her reaction - along with that equally boyish hair ruffle. It...really wasn't as grand a thing as her reaction would imply...or perhaps it was, but he was mostly trying NOT to think about it all too much because he was already feeling pressure pushing down on him from every which angle as it was.

"Oh yeah...I remember doing it that way too," he mused as he balanced his own broom against his shoulder. "Sounds like a plan to me. And we can toss in several variations of push ups other than just the standard ones," he added.

Chuckles a little as she takes off, always pleased to see how eager she was, and soon starts his own brisk jog to catch up before flanking her side to jog with.

As she ran next to Derf, who had quickly caught up to her and would have probably blown her away in a race, she silently thanked him for keeping pace with her. He really had become a great friend, even with all the hair ruffling.

"Almost there" She announced as they rounded the last corner of the pitch. After making it back to the starting point, she walked around in a few small circles to get her heart rate back down a bit before dropping to the ground for a few leg stretches. She knew to not spend too much time sitting, but it was also best to stretch on warm muscles.

Finished with stretching and hopping to her feet, she tossed her broom a bit in the air and made it hover just above her head. High enough she needed a little hop to grasp it with both hands. "I was thinking a pull-up then drop down to a push-up. Repeat that ten times, then maybe do set of your push-up variations?"

She bent her knees and jumped to grab the broom handle with both hands, slowly pulled herself up so her chin was just above the handle before dropping down to the ground to immediately do a push-up before hopping up once more. By her fourth round, her arms were burning and her thighs were beginning to ache as well. She hand't realized that the set would cause her to do a squat with each round.

Last edited by Birchwoodmom; 07-07-2018 at 03:16 AM.
Old 07-05-2018, 02:34 PM   #39 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

“I can handle lots but I’m sure Quidditch in University is a lot rougher than Quidditch here.” What with everyone being much bigger, older, stronger and incredibly talented. This was something she had time to think about yet and even if it was what she wanted there was never any guarantee that she would even make a Uni team. “Thanks, Professor. That’s what I’m going to try to do. Follow my heart and go with what really calls out to me.”

Rylee smiled nodding her head. “They have a lot of things that are much like magic in a sense. T.V.s and radios and the way they save peoples lives with all those treatments they have now. It’s not quite like what we can do but they have their ways of doing things.” Muggle things were amazing! Especially video games and amusement parks. “Really?! I hope so! I want to learn the patronus charm first since that might tell me what I could be if I become an Animagi! What’s your patronus, Professor?” Now she was even more curious to learn all she could.

Ooooh, the professor needed to go now. For a brief second Rylee wanted to ask her to stay for just a few more minutes but the prospect of another date to play catch had her smiling and nodding her head. “I would like that very much.” Really she should be heading inside soon as well but a few more minutes out on the pitch wouldn’t hurt. “Thank you! I’ll keep it safe for next time we play.” With that she slipped the ball into the pocket of her jacket. “Have a wonderful day, Professor! And thanks again for playing catch with me!” Rylee called out watching as Kay flew down towards the ground.

You are Bread!
Old 07-12-2018, 09:57 PM   #40 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
Default Flying long term assignment Final execution post(different timeline than Em and Derf)

After a good breakfast, Emmalyn headed down to the pitch with broom in hand. It was finally the day she would be attempting her major goal. Her stomach danced with nervousness and she was second guessing her decision to eat the giant breakfast sandwich.

With great determination, she stepped out onto the pitch. It felt odd to her to be there without her teammates cheering her on and she wished she would have invited a few of them to see her attempt her loop. Cheering section or none, she was going to give it her best.

She made a pass around the pitch, eyeing the best spot to place her cushioning charm, just in case. It was one of the few good things that had come out of the grossest defense against the dark arts class, she had perfected her cushioning charm trying to avoid the lava.

With all safety precautions in place, she mounted her broom and did a fast loop around the pitch before turning herself over and speeding down the center of the pitch. The cool morning air kissed her skin and gave her adrenaline a much needed boost.

Her mind was suddenly calm and her focus intent on the task at hand. Her broom picked up speed easily as she thundered across the pitch once more. A smooth turn had her headed back towards the center of the pitch as she started her sharp ascent. Up, up, up she went going faster with every passing second. Her hands ached with effort to keep her on her broom and just as she thought she wouldn’t be able to hold any longer, it was time to loop. She threw her weight back, forcing her broom to curve back towards the center of the pitch and allowing her body to flatten against the handle. She hit the apex and shifted her weight once more, sending the broom into its descent back towards the ground.

Faster and faster her broom sped towards the grass covered pitch, her stomach left somewhere far behind. She pulled up with every new muscle gained from her training, trying to urge the broom to level off before smacking into the ground. Her speed felt far faster than she was actually going, but she had no real way of determining just how fast it was. Once she was about twenty-five meters off the ground, which felt merely a few feet, her broom had leveled off and she was traveling parallel to the ground once again. Her stomach, however, highly protested the events and she retched, vomiting her breakfast sandwich all over the pitch.

She continued to fly across the pitch before circling around and coming to a landing near her bag. Her arms and legs shook from the effort just expended and she collapsed onto the ground in an exhausted heap. Her mind was reeling from the events and she was thankful that there hadn’t been an audience. Even though it would have been nice to have witnesses for her loop, the barfing and collapsing were best kept in private.
Old 07-26-2018, 02:52 PM   #41 (permalink)

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Default Execution Post 3 :: Flying Long-Term Assignment
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

It was time for one of Anna's FAVOURITE things to do!

!!!!!!!!FLYING!!!!!!!! YEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

She had her BRILLIANT Thunderbolt 6000 on her right shoulder and a happy beat to her pace as she made her way to the Quidditch pitch on that fiiine morning. Not too cold, not too hot and it wasn't too windy either. Perfect weather for a flying training session!

When she arrived, the Gryffindor immediately mounted her broom and took off straight away. No time to waste o the ground - what was the point in that!?

She zoomed about randomly at first, just enjoying the air making her firmly tied-up hair whip around. After a few minutes, she flew towards one of the hoops and decided that would be her start line for that day. Fixing her ponytail, she had a look around to make sure her path was clear and that there was no one sneaking around who could suddenly jump in front of her and cause a crash. Anna was most definitely NOT up to getting injured while practicing, thank you very much!

The third year used both hands to hold onto the broom and brought her whole body as close to it as possible as she zoomed off to start her several laps around the pitch as fast as she could. The plan wasn't to practice that many zig zags, as she wasn't exactly training for Quidditch, but for broom racing. Speed was the main focus that day. However, she DID do some ducking and diving as well as swaying around as it would still be realistic enough in a broom race, what with having to avoid the other racers and all that.

Fourteen laps! Did that sound like a lot? Not at all. At least not compared to the amount of flying they did while playing Quidditch, for instance. But that was what she had for that day on her training plan so she would stick to it to see what happened. She had to admit she was really curious to look back and see the progress she had made since they started this plan thing. Maybe she'd even stick to creating and following workout plans!

.........Maybe.
Old 07-27-2018, 07:54 AM   #42 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
Default Post 1: Execution
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Early in the morning, as per usual, Skylar headed out for her morning jog this time deciding to run laps around the pitch. Only problem was that she was blanking on the distance it was around the pitch. She knew it took her about thirty minutes for her usual two mile jog around the grouds so she was going to have use that as judgement and hopefully track her laps so she could know.

Starting off to a slow jog she slowly began to pick up speed as she rounded the curves and back at the start. Huh. Barely took five minuted which made sense because now that she thought about - as jogging tended to clear her head - a quidditch pitch was only maybe two-tenths of a mile around. Which meant what? Ten laps? Maybe she should revise her execution to include more laps in the same amout of time instead of adding the intensity stuff.

As she rounded around for the eighth and ninth and tenth time... Skylar glanced at her wrist watch. As predicted about the same amount of time and yet it seemed more exhaustive perhaps because she was running in circles? She would have to continue and see what happened ... because she definitely never felt so exhausted when she flew laps.

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake