Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 810 users online including...
Austinwals , Kimothy , Alexrut , Stevendalo , Julippe , Michailujw , BryankaX

11 members
799 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmistress: Regina Hawthorne's Reign > Term 49: May - August 2018

Term 49: May - August 2018 Term Forty-Nine: A Hoard of Trouble (Sept 2095 - June 2096)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 12-13-2017, 10:19 AM

Default Hufflepuff Team Tryouts & Practice

Text Cut: Tryouts Top Post

Banner credit: hermionesclone

Do you have a knack for flying? Would you like to be on a team with some of the most talented students in school? Are you a member of Hufflepuff House? If any of these apply to you, you have come to the right place. If playing Quidditch or making life-long memories and friendships is your dream, then put on your Hufflepuff robes, hop on your favorite broom and show everyone what you’ve got!

Are you simply curious to see who will make the cut and represent Hufflepuff in the Quidditch Cup? Then by all means, join in from the comforts of the Stands.

The Hufflepuff Captain, Bel Macindoe (Tegz) will guide you through this tryout. Best of luck!

Hufflepuff Quidditch Cup Championships
2061, 2062, 2063, 2069, 2070, 2072, 2077, 2079, 2080, 2082, 2083

Former Hufflepuff Quidditch Captains
HarrysHoney16, Sarah, Terry Weasley, Nikolai Vannacutt,
Lee Andrez, Evy Abagnale, Evan Cassels, Molly Woodrow, Jack Langley,
Amelia Rose, Rapunzel Black, Kaika Lockhart, Miranda BelCanto,
Melanie Lockhart, Isobel VonHue, Kita Lewis, Keefer Marius, Renesmee Dixon, Ella Bishop, Kaiden Yarborough, Isa Wright

Text Cut: OOC message
This thread is for IC purposes only. The members of the Hufflepuff Quidditch team will be selected by the Flying Official (potterobsessionist) and the Hogwarts RPG Admin (Zoe) after the completion of this survey.

The following team positions are available: 1 keeper, 2 beaters, 3 chasers and 3 reserves.

Please check the Flying Noticeboard and the Hufflepuff Common Room Noticeboard for the final results.

This thread will remain open until the survey closes on the 18th of May.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Zoe or me via PM.

Have fun!

- Josefin

It's time for the Hufflepuff team to build on that team spirit, discuss what went wrong and right in the last game and most importantly; figure out how to win another game to finally lift that Quidditch Cup.

The Hufflepuff captain; Bel Macindoe (Tegz), will guide you through this practice.

Hufflepuff Quidditch Cup Championships
2061, 2062, 2063, 2069, 2070, 2072, 2077, 2079, 2080, 2082, 2083

Former Hufflepuff Quidditch Captains
HarrysHoney16, Sarah, Terry Weasley, Nikolai Vannacutt,
Lee Andrez, Evy Abagnale, Evan Cassels, Molly Woodrow, Jack Langley,
Amelia Rose, Rapunzel Black, Kaika Lockhart, Miranda BelCanto,
Melanie Lockhart, Isobel VonHue, Kita Lewis, Keefer Marius, Renesmee Dixon, Ella Bishop, Kaiden Yarborough, Isa Wright

ooc: Welcome to the Hufflepuff Practice! This is for IC reference only, for you guys to have FUN!

This thread will remain open until the 20th of June approx 6 - 7 pm CET.

Tegan will hold this IC practice and if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to her or me via PM.

Have fun!

- Josefin
Old 06-13-2018, 06:22 AM   #76 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

What a PERFECT day for flying?!

Though really EVERY day was, even the rainy ones. Sometimes Derf even preferred those, you know? The blizzard kind of days maybe not so much because the sharp shard of ice falling from the sky cut his cheeks with such precision it made those marks left by his doxy look mild. Thankfully, it did not seem like it would be that sort of day and the fifth year was keen to get on the pitch and see what all Bel had cooked up for a post vacation practice. You know, since everyone had to get reacquainted with each other after the holidays and all that.

Derf also felt a particular kind of nervousness as he approached the pitch, the forms of his teammates slowly taking shape as he did. In a couple of short months...he was going to be properly trying out for the U-17 team and it was, well, added pressure on top of his already pretty full plate. Naturally, he was excited too...but...you know.

"Hiya," he greeted everyone with a chipper final jump into place as he hugged his broom to himself. Of course his eyes drifted to where everyone else had their directed, the bludgers. "I reckon they are just as eager as we are to get into the air."

HE certainly was.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
Old 06-16-2018, 11:38 AM   #77 (permalink)
Formerly: Tegz
Dark Force Defense League

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12
Default Sorry for the delay you guys!
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
Daisy made her way onto the pitch, eagerly awaiting practice. She walked up to Bel and gave her a smile. "Hey, Bel. I hope you had a good holiday. I can't wait for practice."

"Yep pretty good!"
Bel wasn't sure if she should ask if Daisy's was good, given it was her dormmates's first without her dad and everything, but they could chat about it later for sure. "Me either! I'm glad you're excited!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom View Post
Arriving in far too many layers to practice in, Emmalyn was nice and toasty on the frigid January day. "Hi there Captian Bel, Daisy! I don't think I'll ever get used to how cold it gets here." She rubbed her hands together and bounced a bit on the balls of her feet to stay warm. She knew that the extra layers would have to come off before practice really started, but at least then she would be moving around to keep warm. It also got her thinking about how she really needed to figure out that warming charm.

Her eyes danced with delight at the sight of the unruly equipment box. "Bludgers a bit on edge today, aren't they. Should make for an exciting practice." With a smile on her face, she glanced up towards the castle to see who would be joining them next.
"Aww Em, just Bel is all good." Bel said with a little laugh. "You're telling me about the cold!" Australian over here! But she was trying not to overthink it. "We'll be warming up quick as a flash though!"

The box of balls shook again with the oomph of the bludgers and Bel nodded easily. "They sure are! Restless after the holidays or something."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
Ohh, YEAH! Quidditch practice! Maddie was pretty pumped up about getting back into the swing of things. She'd only been on the team for a whole half of a school year, but she was really enjoying herself. She thought Chaser was a perfect fit for her, too! It also helped that the team had one their previous match, and she was really hopeful about the next one, too! This was going to be AWESOME!

Once she reached the pitch, Maddie discovered that Bel, Daisy, and Emmalyn were already there. "Hey, Bel! Daisy! Emmalyn," she said, looking at each girl as she said their name. She might have struck up random conversation, but the beating and thumping of the trunk caught her attention. "Somebody..." Ahem. The Bludgers. "...isn't quite ready to get back into the swing of things." Was it just her, or were they extra violent today?

Great.

"Hey Mads! Don't stress. Our beaters will keep them in line." And as if for emphasis, Bel gave the equipment chest a kick in response to a particularly big bludger shake. Yep, it would be fiiiiiine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
What a PERFECT day for flying?!

Though really EVERY day was, even the rainy ones. Sometimes Derf even preferred those, you know? The blizzard kind of days maybe not so much because the sharp shard of ice falling from the sky cut his cheeks with such precision it made those marks left by his doxy look mild. Thankfully, it did not seem like it would be that sort of day and the fifth year was keen to get on the pitch and see what all Bel had cooked up for a post vacation practice. You know, since everyone had to get reacquainted with each other after the holidays and all that.

Derf also felt a particular kind of nervousness as he approached the pitch, the forms of his teammates slowly taking shape as he did. In a couple of short months...he was going to be properly trying out for the U-17 team and it was, well, added pressure on top of his already pretty full plate. Naturally, he was excited too...but...you know.

"Hiya," he greeted everyone with a chipper final jump into place as he hugged his broom to himself. Of course his eyes drifted to where everyone else had their directed, the bludgers. "I reckon they are just as eager as we are to get into the air."

HE certainly was.

"Hope you're ready to keep them off our tails, D." Bel said cheerfully.

Aaaaand.... now that the stragglers were coming on over, it was time to get this show on the road and all that. She began stretching and addressed everyone as she did so.

"So you guys if you've been paying attention probably know our next game is against Gryffindor, so that's gonna be fun, and tough --oh, start warming up a bit by the way--You guys were all epic in our last match, so that's goals, okay? Play just as well as you did then and I'll try do my bit too this time and yep, if that happens we've got it in the bag." Bel started doing little arm circles as she spoke. "But don't get stressed either, because we've gotta keep having fun, yea? Or else there's no point. Oh and a couple of us captains are working out the logistics of some fun scrimmage games and that sort of thing, so if you'd be keen on that let me know." She looked at her reserves in particular with that comment, because she thought it would be cool to give them first dibs on playing in a scrimmage or friendly match. Why not, right? Yep. Aaaand arm circles the other way.

"Also you guys know about the long term flying assignment thing yeah? I reckon we should tackle that as a team, its only gonna help our preparation for the upcoming matches. So if you guys wanna, after showers, we can grab hot chocolate in the Great Hall and work out some plans that go well with our practices and all that, bonza? So if anyone wants to, meet me at the table later." She wouldn't force anyone but a bit of cheerful encouragement would maybe go a ways, right? Bel started doing some star jumps.

"So while.... we're warming.... up," Her voice came out in staccato with her energetic jumping, "Anyone got... any questions.... or concerns? Or just.... any cool stuff.... they wanna.... share?" Jump jump!

ooc: Sorry about the delay in my posting you guys! Had to work out some connection things at my mother's place. So, have your charrie do a bit of a warm up, and also this is the chance for them to say if they have any concerns or questions or worries or anything about the upcoming match or the last one or anything else that Bel's saying. Also after practice, Bel's going to be working on the long term flying assignment at the Hufflepuff table so if you guys wanna join you can (but no pressure). I'll post again within the next 24 hours, and then it'll just be a free-for-all scrimmage type activity..... with over-eager bludgers!

love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you
Old 06-17-2018, 04:35 AM   #78 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

Emmalyn began doing arm circles along with Captain while she listened, trying to keep her mind focused on what was being said and not on the excited bludgers. She knew how they must feel. Her insides were screaming to get up in the air, yet she was stuck on the ground doing more warm ups.

She nodded with excitement when scrimmage games were mentioned. She was always up for a good scrimmage. Plus, that would give her time to try out a few new moves without worrying about losing a real game if it didn't work out.

"I've started on my long term assignment already. I have a, well, special long term goal. However, I'd love to join in on a team goal as well. I'm all for working with the team and helping us out in any way possible." She switched to side lunges as she spoke, making her words sound a little more like bursts than an even flow.
Old 06-18-2018, 03:38 AM   #79 (permalink)

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
Second Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Maddie made a face. The whole organized work-out still wasn't her thing, but she was doing it anyway. Maybe it would grow on her. Besides, if she was going to continue to play Quidditch, she should probably have a more positive attitude toward it. Wasn't that what Bel was leading them in, after all? An organized work-out?

Maddie started the arm circles when Bel did, moving them first in one direction, and then when Bel swapped up, moving them in the other direction, too. "Oh, a scrimmage game sounds cool!" she said. It sounded more like something just to get out there and fun without worrying about which team would make it to the championship or not. "I'm in!"

Then the talk turned to the long-term assignment, and Maddie remembered that she'd only gotten as far as taking out a piece of parchment and writing her name and house on it. "I've gotten started...sort of," she said. "I'm going to finish it, though!"

Did she have any questions or comments? Hmm...not really.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:31 AM   #80 (permalink)
Formerly: Tegz
Dark Force Defense League

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom View Post
Emmalyn began doing arm circles along with Captain while she listened, trying to keep her mind focused on what was being said and not on the excited bludgers. She knew how they must feel. Her insides were screaming to get up in the air, yet she was stuck on the ground doing more warm ups.

She nodded with excitement when scrimmage games were mentioned. She was always up for a good scrimmage. Plus, that would give her time to try out a few new moves without worrying about losing a real game if it didn't work out.

"I've started on my long term assignment already. I have a, well, special long term goal. However, I'd love to join in on a team goal as well. I'm all for working with the team and helping us out in any way possible." She switched to side lunges as she spoke, making her words sound a little more like bursts than an even flow.
"Bonza!" Bel said, grinning at Em. She had her own goals too, obviously, but it wasn't actually anything out of the ordinary. Actually all that was right up her alley in general so she was just gonna be applying things to the assignment. "Mostly I just think it'll be fun, plus its easier to stay motivated when you've got others cheering you on."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
Maddie made a face. The whole organized work-out still wasn't her thing, but she was doing it anyway. Maybe it would grow on her. Besides, if she was going to continue to play Quidditch, she should probably have a more positive attitude toward it. Wasn't that what Bel was leading them in, after all? An organized work-out?

Maddie started the arm circles when Bel did, moving them first in one direction, and then when Bel swapped up, moving them in the other direction, too. "Oh, a scrimmage game sounds cool!" she said. It sounded more like something just to get out there and fun without worrying about which team would make it to the championship or not. "I'm in!"

Then the talk turned to the long-term assignment, and Maddie remembered that she'd only gotten as far as taking out a piece of parchment and writing her name and house on it. "I've gotten started...sort of," she said. "I'm going to finish it, though!"

Did she have any questions or comments? Hmm...not really.
Great! She liked that Maddie was on board with things. It was nice having someone on the team that was just as enthusiastic about things as she was. "Well we can cheer each other on and have each others' backs, that's what teams are for!"

____

As everyone finished up their stretches Bel clapped her hands together eagerly.

"Okay, lets mount up and I'll let these balls out, yeah? Lets have.... Maddie, Emmalyn chasing, Derfael beating... and Daisy how about you have a go with a bat too so Brooke can take a turn practicing on goal? - team yellow! against Charlie chasing... Hattie and Aaron beating and Caspar on goal... and me chasing as well - team black! Lets get to it!" Aaaand Bel let the bludgers out, which eagerly went SHOOTING up high and ready. The Quaffle she tossed at Emmalyn, she could start things off up there.

OOC: So we're just gonna play a bit of a mini scrimmage. No stress about anyone not able to post. Keeping in mind that you shouldn't be RPing for anyone else except the NPCs (that's okay!) but you CAN mention other characters in your posts. Ginevra can't post anymore due to RL things so we can say Daisy is having a go at beating and Bel isn't going to chase a snitch around so she'll be chasing too. Chasers can say they score or don't score on our NPC keepers. Beaters can chase down 'those crazy bludgers. And everyone can try dodge 'em. So the 'teams' are below. We've got a few days to just play as we please. Have fun! As I post I'll also post the scores.

Team Yellow
Chasers: Maddie, Emmalyn
Beaters: Derfael, Daisy
Keeper: Brooke (NPC)

Team Black
Chasers: Charlie, Bel
Beaters: Aaron, Hattie
Keeper: Caspar (NPC)

love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you
Old 06-20-2018, 02:29 AM   #81 (permalink)

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
Second Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Following Bel's lead, Maddie mounted her broom, kicked off, and took to the sky. As she took her position on the field, she glanced around to take in her surroundings. Bel had tossed the quaffle to Emmalyn, but Maddie remained on watch in case it was tossed to her next. She eyed Caspar out of the corner of her eye, trying to determine how easily she could get a quaffle past him. If she was fast about things, she was pretty sure it would work well in her favor.

As for those pesky little bludgers, one zoomed past her face, causing her to suddenly remember their presence and focus on them, too. Her eyes seemed flickered from one side of the pitch to the other, looking out for quaffles and bludgers alike. Her gaze fixed on Emmalyn, waiting to see what the second year would do with the quaffle.