FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9872
Classes: 15
Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 1122 users online including...
PhilipLasty , PhoenixRising , DuckyLinJi , Ver , Eldarhmb , Eldarjxt , Eldareyn , KeithStymn , Ronaldsnut , Austinwals

12 members
1110 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > New and Old Employee Retreat

New and Old Employee Retreat Welcome back to a new year at the Ministry of Magic.

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 02-24-2018, 06:21 PM

Default Hot Chocolate Bar

You can't have a ski retreat without a bar to get all your hot chocolate needs. Nestled to the south corner of the ski lounge, this warm little haven provides the richest, silkiest hot chocolate you've possibly ever tasted. Is it just you or does everything feel a lot warmer as you approach? Say goodbye to second rate, lukewarm muddy water and hello to your new addiction. Grab a cup, pour to your heart's content then help yourself to a wide selection of: whipped cream, marshmallow, little chunks of chocolate, sprinkles, salt, caramel sauce, chocolate chips, cookie straws, and candy canes. For those with an exceptionally sweet tooth, why not try them all? No one will judge you....too much.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:33 AM   #26 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Default Open..........
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Jake stepped in from the cold, his cheeks flushed red after he had taken part in the ski race down the mountain. It had been exhilarating and a lot of fun to ski again like he hadn't done in a few years now. His fingers were cold and numb though after gripping tightly around the ski sticks to keep his balance. He needed something warm to drink to give warmth back to his body.

Letting his eyes wander over those present as he took his place in the queue Jake spotted the guy he had chatted with in the race West and wasn't that his new boss Victoria? Focusing on moving forward in the line Jake grabbed a large cup on the way as he stepped up to the hot chocolate bar. Starting to pour chocolate into his cup he got a bit blinded by all the choices which of course caused him to overflow his cocoa cup. Feeling the warm liquid run down and burn his fingers and hands he yelped out "Flaming broomsticks that's hot!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Old 03-05-2018, 01:18 PM   #27 (permalink)

DoM & AC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Addison Ayers
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sam Forrester
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Clarke
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default Hi Jake!

Another one?? What was up with these grown people burning themselves?? It felt like a prank was being pulled. Ava looked at the newcomer (Jake) and absentmindedly shook her head. She looked around him for some source that she may have missed. It may have only been two people (so far), but having just entered herself, it seemed like a terribly high ratio. Maybe it would be her new way of organizing who was a potential new friend and who was nuts? Probably not entirely fair of course, but she had hoped for a higher standard than she had seen thus far. Ava had an internal battle between whether or not she would help this fellow, and her kinder side won out (barely). She filled a cup at the table of cold water, and grabbed some napkins. She placed two together, as though adding an extra layer and dipped it in the water. She got up from her nice quiet little table and presented him the dry napkins. "Here," she offered, holding them out. "Then I'll switch you if you'd like." She showed him her other hand which had the sopping cold napkins in which he could wrap his hand until the burning feeling subsided.
Old 03-05-2018, 04:44 PM   #28 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & MO
Pixie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mikey Goh
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Burton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
He Shang-Wu
Minister's Office
x7
BOOMBAYAH! | #PuedoPorquePiensoQuePuedo | Certified Blank and Random Person | Raventastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Now that she had her cup the next step was what to put in it, of course, shew as going to get the peppermint. So as she reached for it she noticed another new face and her son's former professor and her husband's coworker and now boss. "Hello, Victoria Culloden." greeting the new girl (Ava) first and then she turned to Airey "Thank you Airey, it was a shock to have Mariel leave, but I am very excited for the new position.", but before she could say anything further he seemed to have burned himself. Giving judgemental looked she had never quite figured him out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
The Mysteries Department Head was entirely unresponsive as the questioned and aghast looks ensued around around him. Natalie's panic and unwanted use of 'sir' - the man still always thought of his father whenever it was uttered and preferred it not be used in association to himself - earned nothing more than a vacant stare ahead. As did the polite advice of the Games & Sports employee, who was correct in that hot liquid leaving a mark. Second degree burns due to scalding, one could hardly expect anything else. And still the man did not respond, though obviously his skin was in agony.

Actually, Miss Burton, cold water or ice would be much appreciated if you could manage. Or perhaps Victoria would be so kind?

It was only moments after Jasper, one of his new employees, began pushing his finger off the button did the man seem to come out of his trance...only to attempt to continue his conversation with his former student turned YATI as though nothing had happened at all. "Is it safe to assume, Miss Burton that yo----" And then all the nerves in his skin came alive, alerting his brain that there was a crisis to be had.

"YEEEEEEOOOOOOW!" he howled, immediately retracting his hand from the dispenser, the man was oblivious to the presence of his new Unspeakable and his hand was sailing through their air at an alarming pace that threatened to backhand the young man right across the face.
There was a nice woman who introduced herself as Victoria Culloden. Hold the phone.... "Is... there any chance you're related to.. former potion master at Hogwarts, Professor Culloden? He was my professor back when I was a first year." Ava kind of forgot what his first name was since that man only taught her for a year. But he was a very nice teacher, Professor Culloden. "Oh, I'm Ava Burton by the way. First year YATI." The former Gryffindor beamed as she introduced herself. Yep, still couldn't believe that she's a YATI now.

But seriously.... Was Flamsteed okay? Because well.... she had experienced burn many time since she used to work in a kitchen before. But before he continue his words, the former Astronomy professor then realized how painful it was. "Let me help you, sir...." She was about to help that man but he was so in pain that almost slapped a guy (Jasper). Oops.... He didn't really change much, huh?

It's a fairytale evening, and you want the entire event to be totally dazzling and
a real experience with the friendliest people around you.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:32 PM   #29 (permalink)

DIMC
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alyce LeFrique
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arjuna Subianto
International Cooperation
x3
Pooh Bear | Fabio | Sith Lord | Fab & Chic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokimoto View Post

Ava let out a small laugh, "Still tastes alright at least." She eyed the man for a moment as she took another sip of her cocoa. "You're welcome to join me if you wish... I think I'm far enough away from it," she motioned to the dispenser, "that I'm safe from it's power." She widened her eyes, and let out a little chuckle. Whether he did join her or not was of no real concern of course, but it would be nice to meet someone. Maybe even someone from her department? She hoped the flailing man wasn't anywhere near the DAC...(Did anyone else call it that?) That would be the worst form of irony. Oh Merlin, she could and couldn't wait for the first Department meeting.

Hmmm...Maybe he should wait for a few minutes to make sure it's safe to grab the hot chocolate. "I'm going to take you up on that offer." He said sitting in front of the lady. Juna let out a small laugh when she said 'it's power' And where's his manner. "I'm Juna. It's nice to meet you. Miss....?"

He's about to get up and gran himself a cup of hot cocoa when he heard someone yelped. Poor guy. That must have hurt. It settled then no hot cocoa for this guy.

I know we're gonna be stronger than you'll ever known
Old 03-06-2018, 04:11 PM   #30 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokimoto View Post
Ava had an internal battle between whether or not she would help this fellow, and her kinder side won out (barely). She filled a cup at the table of cold water, and grabbed some napkins. She placed two together, as though adding an extra layer and dipped it in the water. She got up from her nice quiet little table and presented him the dry napkins. "Here," she offered, holding them out. "Then I'll switch you if you'd like." She showed him her other hand which had the sopping cold napkins in which he could wrap his hand until the burning feeling subsided.
Why? Oh why? Had he not been looking at his hands instead of the candy selection? Shaking his head at himself Jake was about to look for some water when a woman who probably had seen and heard his yelping came over. Turning to her he gratefully accepted the napkins from her that he wrapped around his hands with a forced smile considering the burning sensation. "Thank you, I appreciate it. It was my own fault." Jake wasn't going to blame someone else for his own stupidity. "I'm Jake by the way. I'll be working in Games & Sports." He introduced himself before he focused on wiping off the reaming chocolate from his hands and inspected the burns. They didn't look so bad like he feared that they could have.

"You don't by chance carry around any burn healing paste?" Jake asked the other woman hopefully. It was worth a shot. Many women carried around a whole pharmacy in their magically extended purses like his mother so why not this woman? At least the initial singing sensation had started to subside gradually.

Old 03-07-2018, 01:59 PM   #31 (permalink)

DoM & AC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Addison Ayers
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sam Forrester
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Clarke
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default Juna and Jake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolicious
Hmmm...Maybe he should wait for a few minutes to make sure it's safe to grab the hot chocolate. "I'm going to take you up on that offer." He said sitting in front of the lady. Juna let out a small laugh when she said 'it's power' And where's his manner. "I'm Juna. It's nice to meet you. Miss....?"

He's about to get up and gran himself a cup of hot cocoa when he heard someone yelped. Poor guy. That must have hurt. It settled then no hot cocoa for this guy.
Ava smiled and offered her hand in greeting. "I'm Ava, it's nice to meet you as well." As the next victim to the cocoa made himself known, Ava turned back to her table companion to excuse herself. "I'll be right back..." and she motioned to the other man. Although not a mother, Ava had the tendencies of one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch
Why? Oh why? Had he not been looking at his hands instead of the candy selection? Shaking his head at himself Jake was about to look for some water when a woman who probably had seen and heard his yelping came over. Turning to her he gratefully accepted the napkins from her that he wrapped around his hands with a forced smile considering the burning sensation. "Thank you, I appreciate it. It was my own fault." Jake wasn't going to blame someone else for his own stupidity. "I'm Jake by the way. I'll be working in Games & Sports." He introduced himself before he focused on wiping off the reaming chocolate from his hands and inspected the burns. They didn't look so bad like he feared that they could have.

"You don't by chance carry around any burn healing paste?" Jake asked the other woman hopefully. It was worth a shot. Many women carried around a whole pharmacy in their magically extended purses like his mother so why not this woman? At least the initial singing sensation had started to subside gradually.

She gave him the napkins and smiled at him. "Hi, I'm Ava. Coincidentally, I'll be in Accidents and Catastrophes." Ava looked at him at this, with a jokingly stern look. Did she have burn cream? A silly question in her opinion, as she actually did have somewhat of a pharmacy in her purse at all times. Of course, she did not have her purse on her right now, but she did have pretty deep pockets... so to speak. After handing him the wet napkins, she pulled out her wand. Accio and there it was. The medicine practically jumped into her hand, and she handed it over to him. She would offer to help him clean it, but she didn't have gloves on her. Of all the things to forget! Ah well. Surely he could manage.

"Well Jake, once you're all taken care of you are free to sit with my new friend Juna and I over there," she offered, heading back to her seat to rejoin Juna.

"Told ya, Juna! That cocoa has a mind of its own!"
Old 03-07-2018, 04:38 PM   #32 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compootor View Post
"Nah, mate. Best not disappoint the missus." Gidwyn smirked, very pleased with his new co-worker's approachability and informality. As seriously as he took his work, he loved being able to quickly get past the awkward pleasantries and get straight to feeling comfortable around the people he worked with. He followed closely when it was Evan's turn with the Hot Chocolate, readying his own cup expectantly. "Gidwyn Grimshaw, Magical Law Enforcement." He offered a pleasant smile and a firm shake of Evan's hand. "A pleasure."

As soon as Evan moved to the side to top his drink, Gidwyn took a step forward, placed his cup beneath the machine and pushed the button. The motion was slightly rushed, as if he half expected it to blow up on him, but thankfully he was spared the fate of the unlucky department head nearby.

"Two questions for you, Mr. Donovan." he shot a glance over to Evan while waiting for his cup to fill. "First, what sort of work do you do with Transportation?" He was genuinely curious. He had never given that department much thought in terms of career opportunities. "Second, cream or no cream?" he gave a grin and gestured towards his cup.
Evan chuckled lightly. "I best not. Won't be a good night if I did. An angry wife isn't a pleasant thing." Not when they have little ones at home either. "Nice too meet you, Gidwyn. How are things going in your department?" He asked in an attempt to strike up a decent conversation. Ah, a firm handshake from the man, very very nice indeed. A good solid handshake said a lot about a man.

"Evan, please. No need for that Mr. Donovan stuff. You'll make me sound old," he joked. He knew he was getting older, he was in his forties now but that didn't at all mean he acted like it. Gidwyn had some questions for him? Alright. "I work in the magic carpet division." All things related to magic carpets. It may not sound fun to others but it allowed him to travel which he enjoyed. The second question had him laughing as he added some whipped cream on top of his drink. "My son Lukas would think you're crazy for even asking sure a thing as that. He says hot cocoa isn't hot cocoa without it." So is the opinion of a five year old.

You are Bread!
Old 03-11-2018, 08:49 PM   #33 (permalink)
Formerly: Compootor
Ravenclaw

DMLE
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Raziel Khaine
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gidwyn Grimshaw
Law Enforcement
I'm dreaming with my eyes wide open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Evan chuckled lightly. "I best not. Won't be a good night if I did. An angry wife isn't a pleasant thing." Not when they have little ones at home either. "Nice too meet you, Gidwyn. How are things going in your department?" He asked in an attempt to strike up a decent conversation. Ah, a firm handshake from the man, very very nice indeed. A good solid handshake said a lot about a man.

"Evan, please. No need for that Mr. Donovan stuff. You'll make me sound old," he joked. He knew he was getting older, he was in his forties now but that didn't at all mean he acted like it. Gidwyn had some questions for him? Alright. "I work in the magic carpet division." All things related to magic carpets. It may not sound fun to others but it allowed him to travel which he enjoyed. The second question had him laughing as he added some whipped cream on top of his drink. "My son Lukas would think you're crazy for even asking sure a thing as that. He says hot cocoa isn't hot cocoa without it." So is the opinion of a five year old.
"Not that I'd know, having never been married, but I'm willing to take your word for it." Gidwyn grinned back at Evan's comment. Could it be? Was he in the process of making a friend already? It's not like he had ever any trouble approaching people, but if he was perfectly honest, he had to admit he had stressed about the possibility of nobody wanting to talk to him at this new job in this new country. The people in Britain were similar to people back home, but in the short time he had been there, he had noticed a certain degree of antisocial behavior that just wasn't present where he came from.

"Well, I'd love to fill you in on how things are going in my department, but to tell you the truth, mate, I'm brand new here. Just got off the boat, so to speak." he couldn't help but chuckle a little. "Why, I wouldn't be stuffed if you knew more about the goings on at my department than I do." his Aussie accent shining through a little bit stronger than usual as he began to relax more and feel like he wasn't being constantly scrutinized. "I can't say I know much about magic carpets myself. Never was a big fan of them. Always felt like I was going to fall off. As a specialist, I imagine you enjoy them, yeah?"

He gave an approving nod at Evan's answer to his second question, unable to hold back a wide grin. "Good man, good man. Your Joey's got good taste, it seems." he said, setting his filled cup on the table and applying a hefty portion of whipped cream to the top. "Now if only I could find a marshmallow or two.." his eyes scanned the table in front of him, but there was so much selection that he struggled to see the one thing he wanted.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:37 PM   #34 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compootor View Post
"Not that I'd know, having never been married, but I'm willing to take your word for it." Gidwyn grinned back at Evan's comment. Could it be? Was he in the process of making a friend already? It's not like he had ever any trouble approaching people, but if he was perfectly honest, he had to admit he had stressed about the possibility of nobody wanting to talk to him at this new job in this new country. The people in Britain were similar to people back home, but in the short time he had been there, he had noticed a certain degree of antisocial behavior that just wasn't present where he came from.

"Well, I'd love to fill you in on how things are going in my department, but to tell you the truth, mate, I'm brand new here. Just got off the boat, so to speak." he couldn't help but chuckle a little. "Why, I wouldn't be stuffed if you knew more about the goings on at my department than I do." his Aussie accent shining through a little bit stronger than usual as he began to relax more and feel like he wasn't being constantly scrutinized. "I can't say I know much about magic carpets myself. Never was a big fan of them. Always felt like I was going to fall off. As a specialist, I imagine you enjoy them, yeah?"

He gave an approving nod at Evan's answer to his second question, unable to hold back a wide grin. "Good man, good man. Your Joey's got good taste, it seems." he said, setting his filled cup on the table and applying a hefty portion of whipped cream to the top. "Now if only I could find a marshmallow or two.." his eyes scanned the table in front of him, but there was so much selection that he struggled to see the one thing he wanted.
Evan chuckled lightly. "Ah, well nothing wrong with that." Married life had always suited him well. Both now and in his previous marriage. This one however had brought a lot of children with it, something he had always wanted.

Oh! This guy was brand new to the ministry. Evan always liked seeing new people come in, it keep things from getting old. "Is that so? What did you do before this?" Consider him a tad curious. "I do. It would be a terrible thing if I didn't. A lot of people have the same fear, of falling off. Many precautions are put into the carpets to prevent that from happening." So much so that he had allowed his own children on them, not without checking the carpet over first but the point of the matter was his kids rode them.

"He sure does. He has no trouble in speaking up and telling you what he likes or doesn't." With all the little ones he had at home seeing their personalities shine through was what he loved most. Each one was different and he couldn't picture life without them all now. "Marshmallow's hmm... I believe I saw those at the end of the table."

You are Bread!

« Sauna | - »