sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1080 users online including...
Svetlmnv , Kimothy , natethegreat , duerieple

6 members
1074 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmistress: Regina Hawthorne's Reign > Term 48: January - April 2018

Term 48: January - April 2018 Term Forty-Eight: Flight of the Hawk (Sept 2094 - June 2095)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2018, 02:15 PM

Default Ministry of Magic

Ran by:
Zander Adair – Ministry Daycare/Nursery Attendant
Olly Emmons-Clarke – DERP Research and Development

Have you ever wondered what a career in the Ministry would be like? You’ve come to the right place! The center booth on the right side of the Great Hall is decorated in dark gray and bears the Ministry of Magic seal. Here you’ll find several stacks of pamphlets neatly organized by department. Not sure which department sparks your interest? That’s okay too; there are also pamphlets with information on the Ministry in general.

The two gentlemen running the booth are very knowledgeable about careers in the Ministry, so feel free to ask them any questions you have. As a gift for the students, they’ve brought notebooks decorated with the Ministry seal. Don’t forget to pick one up before you leave!
Old 02-23-2018, 02:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Was he nervous? A little. Was he excited? A little. Was he regretting accepting the invitation? Not yet, but surely that would kick in soon.

Who would've thought? Zander Adair, back at Hogwarts to help guide future leaders in career? Why didn't they have this kind of stuff when he was at Hogwarts?! Dude, Zander spent his last two years as a student in a panic-hurricane trying to figure this stuff out. Kids were so lucky and they didn't even know it.

"Here they come," he smiled at Olly, who he hadn't exactly interacted with before today. And even though he didn't know his booth-mate, Zander was sure that Olly was LOADS more qualified than he was. Zander had only been working at the Ministry for under 2 years... And he had one low level position in Games and Sports... And now he was in another department entirely and hadn't even worked enough to know much about it yet! Why'd they pick him!?!

To be completely honest, Zander was sure he was sent so that the Ministry didn't have to lose anyone important for the day. While the nursery was constantly busy, it wasn't like he was working in an office of importance. At the end of the day, he was dispensable. And y'know what!? It didn't bother him in the slightest.

Bring it on, Hogwarts.

You are Lemon!
Old 02-23-2018, 10:38 AM   #3 (permalink)

DERP & DMAC
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
x3 x2
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

When she‘d heard back about the Job Fair at Hogwarts Olly had been...intrigued. It wasn‘t like her to be going out to actively engage with people but this was something she KNEW and genuinely care about. So it was different. Plus, it was a good reason to come back to Hogwarts for a little while. Honestly, walking through the doors and even arriving at Hogsmeade it had all felt very.......nostalgic. Not that she had only spent good times here but it had still been her home for three years.

And she had met the most incredible people here, as well.

So coming back here, it was special. She‘d decided to take a walk around the grounds and greenhouses later. And maybe she could bring something back for Schuyler. All that was later though, now was...well, this.

Why she wasn‘t over there at the Herbology booth, Olly didn‘t know. Instead she here with Zander representing the Ministry. The Ministry. Didn‘t they have department heads for that? She‘d quickly researched what Zander‘s position was before coming here so she KNEW that he, too, wasn‘t a department head. Oh. Well. There was free food and maybe she could encourage some of the talented students to come join her Ministry Division after the graduated.

She wished she could have brought Griffin as backup.

“Here they come.“ Olly echoed Zander‘s words as she surveyed the students.

________________________________{Drabbles}_{Meet Lissy}_{DERP}
Old 02-23-2018, 12:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
Default we're just gonna make our way through all the threads because indecisive charrie XD
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Interested in learning about potential careers after Hogwarts? Um, yes, 110% yes. It was something she'd been thinking about for the last two years and honestly, every day that went by, the sixth year added yet another possibility to her LIST. Like, what if she didn't like what she picked? Or what if she failed at it? Or what if there was something out there that she was meant to do more? She considered creatures healing or cursebreaking, but journalism was also a possibility and really, Skylar Diggory had NO CLUE.

Quill and notebook in hand, she was taking notes on everything and everyone she talked to, because then she could go over it more thoroughly later. First table she spotted in the center of the Great Hall was for the Ministry of Magic, with two rather young looking adults there, who couldn't have been more than in their twenties. But they seemed SO confident; or at least in that they were able to come and talk about their choices which was WAY more than Skylar was even thinking about at sixteen. Would she ever be that confident?

"Hi..." The Slytherin Captain said, eying the pamphlets on the table. Could she take one of each?! PLEASE? "So uh, how did you decide to go work for the Ministry?"

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
Old 02-23-2018, 01:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

DoM & AC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Addison Ayers
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sam Forrester
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Clarke
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ooooooooooohhhhhh... This was going to be one of her favorite booths, she was sure. She found it pretty interesting that there was an Auror specific booth, and then a general Ministry one... Probably because everyone wants to be an Auror, right? Or didn't they? Hmm... too scared most likely. Kye walked up to the booth and smiled at her captain, "Hey!" she greeted cheerfully. She took a look at the table and then at the two running it. "Hello!" she greeted excitedly, looking between the two important seeming people before her. Hmmm what should she ask?! She should have had a list prepared...

"What made you choose your Department? Did you have a say or is it like being Sorted here?" Kye tried not to talk too fast, but she was pretty excited to be talking to Ministry officials. This was what she wanted after all. Hmmm what else did she need to ask while here? She kept looking at the table, making eye contact to show she was paying attention. She grabbed one of each brochure, she saw no issue with that! Wait what a notebook?? Awesome. She took one of these too, the plan being to write about each Department and what she did or didn't fancy about it.
Old 02-23-2018, 03:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

DMC & DMLE
Thestral

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solana Selwyn
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Selene Diana Evans
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy
Snow Miser | Munchy | Molly Hooper | T | Hey, you | Phantom | Mrs. Chris Evans | Brat Pack | Tristalen

Ethan knew exactly which booth he was headed to the moment he entered the great hall. The blue eyed boy made a beeline for the Ministry Booth and sighed softly as he saw who was there.

Why was there no one from the department he wanted to work in? No obliviators.

So sad.

The light brown haired boy nodded at the two people running the booth, as well as his fellow students who were asking questions. He vaguely recognized one, was she the Slytherin Quidditch Captain? He had no clue who the other girl was, so she got a small Hi.. and a slight blush and a neck rub, because new people made him a bit nervous.

He shuffled up to the table a bit shyly and looked up at the two people who were manning it. “Uhhh, would either of you happen to know anything about being an Oblivator?” He asked softly as he tried not to be to shy, once he got to know people he was fine, but new people, especially new adults?

He was lucky he wasn’t fully red and stammering.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

DERP & DMAC
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
x3 x2
Default All of you. :3
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

And come they did.

It would have been useful if they‘d have gotten more information about the other departments at least. Something they could pass on. Because now, all they could do really was...talk about the placement process and how to apply for a job at the Ministry in general. Oh well. Again, somebody had said there was a free buffet, right?

Making sure her name tag on her shirt was readable - which also included her position at the Ministry - Olly braced herself for the first questions. “Hello.“ The first girl (Skylar) received a polite nod in greeting. Yes the brochures were there for the taking. Take them all. “It sounded interesting. I met with the department head for Environmental Protection before applying and it sounded really interesting.“ There were other reasons of course but none of which she felt like sharing with a Hogwarts student. Or hardly anyone, for that matter.

She nudged Zander to answer the question too (because she wasn‘t sure if hers had been all too helpful) while stepping over to address the second person to arrive (Kye). “Hello. Welcome.“ There, that was some politeness right there! She was being welcoming even. She really deserved a raise for this. Or at least a few talented people to come work for her. That, too. “I‘ve always been interested in Herbology and Botany so...the Department for Environmental Regulation and Protection was a good fit.“ The girl‘s next question made her...almost laugh but she managed not to. They were still young. They obviously didn‘t know these things. “You apply. For a job. There‘s a list of open job positions and then you apply for it.“ That‘s how it usually worked anyway.

Naturally, there were exceptions.

Now, this boy (Ethan) seemed...awfully shy. And unsure about what he was doing here. He actually received a polite smile. She was starting to get soft, wasn‘t she? Maybe it was the married life. She blamed Schuyler. “Unfortunately not.“ Olly glanced at Zander but doubted that he knew anything about the position. I don‘t. But here‘s a-“ Somewhere there was a- “Pamphlet somewhere.“ Aaah there you go. “Here.“ She offered the Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes pamphlet to him. “It should include all the requirements and...yeah. All you‘ll need.“ Hopefully.

Old 02-23-2018, 08:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default rt @ lisa this is for ALL OF Y'ALL
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Zander adjusted his name tag, opening his mouth to say something else to Olly before he saw students making their way over already. He quickly straightened his back and put a smile into place, which wasn’t all that difficult. He was excited to speak to the students. It’s actually one thing he did really well with, connecting to adolescents. The adult world was a whole different story entirely, but kids? He could do that.

“Hi,” he smiled at girl (Skylar) sporting both a badge, and green robes. Of course he knew that Quidditch was coming back (his previous department had been working very closely with Hogwarts in order to make the transition a smooth one), but it did still catch him by surprise. “Quidditch Captain, I take it?” he noticed her eyes scanning the pamphlets on the booth and turned back to them to hold a couple up. “Do you want any of these, we’ve got plenty to give out,” he offered.

The boy man man-child (???) took a moment to consider the question (which was perfect because Olly was taking the lead here). Speaking of which, he was being nudged. “After I graduated I honestly wasn’t sure what I wanted to do,” he admitted sheepishly. “But I talked to my Head of House,” and mentor and hogwarts-father figure and ANYWAYS, “And he told me about this internship program called Portkey Pass. Did it for a couple of years, didn’t fancy making a career out of it… Moved back to London with a friend… Took a couple of odd jobs here and there… And applied on a whim?” Was there such a thing as being too honest?

Just as he went to continue, someone else (Kye) had walked over to the booth and Zander smiled their way, welcoming them to join the conversation. “I was just telling…..?” He looked over at the Captain, hoping she’d give her name so he didn’t sound like a total idiot. “That I really ended up in the Ministry by chance. Personally, I just wanted a job so I didn’t have much of a preference on the ‘where’ at first. Like Olly said, there's an application process and they take everything into account like your sorting, but… There’s no hat,” he laughed. “I wasn’t a fan of my original placement, actually, so I asked to be transferred and now I’m really happy with where I’m at!” Was he rambling? He felt like he was rambling. “Essentially everything’s taken into consideration: Your experience, skill set, major examination scores, and your desired placement.”

Had he said a lot, it felt like he was saying a lot. "Either of you have any particular interests within the ministry?"

Things were going pretty seamlessly, actually. Zander was both impressed, and surprised….

Until the next student approached and asked a question about a subject that Zander was 100% not qualified to speak on. “Uh, I don't know a lot of specifics either aside from the need to have a strong background in charms, but I do happen to know the Department Head pretty well…” Quigley had taught Zander for two years after all… And had given the boy a detention… And had berated him for exam results…. And….. Yeah. Definitely knew him well. “I can get you in contact with the Head if you wanna give me your contact information?” He took one of the notebooks from the table and offered it to him to jot his info down. Bless the ministry, at least they thought about this one.

"Any particular reason you're drawn to that path?"

You are Lemon!
Old 02-25-2018, 06:33 AM   #9 (permalink)

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5
Default For both Ministry workers
Oh, how we drift away from our friends. And the ones back home play remember when

Daisy wanted to work in the Department of Magical Games and Sports due to her love of Quidditch. However, she was open to other options due to her knowledge and love of other subjects. This was tough so she decided to talk to both. She stepped up to the booth and greeted them both with a nervous smile and a wave. "Hello, I'm having a bit of trouble deciding which department would be perfect for me. I love Quidditch and my number one option is to work in the Department of Magical Games and Sports. Then again, I am into Herbology, Potions, History of Magic and Charms. Could you assist me?"
Old 02-26-2018, 11:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

Occamy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cora Dredworth
Sixth Year

x1
connoisseur of comfort ❅ Crayola's Wibby Mrs Alex Turner ❅ Netflix and meow

He was still wandering around aimlessly, not sure what booth to stop at or what questions he should ask. Perhaps he would just go back to the common room and make use of it being quieter than usual what with most kids being here.

He was on his way towards the entrance hall when the Ministry booth caught his attention. He slowed down and considered it for a moment. At least the Ministry had lots of options, right? There were a lot of different departments and divisions after all.

There were already quite a few other students checking the booth out and chatting with the representatives so Max shoved his hands in his pockets and hung back a little.

_____________Take part in our Higgledy Piggledy House Cup!
Old 02-27-2018, 02:45 PM   #11 (permalink)

DERP & DMAC
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
x3 x2

While Zander was dealing with some of the other students, Olly turned to the new arrivals. This was a lot of work, it turned out. Especially since she was starting to realize that she definitely did not have all the answers to the questions some of them were asking. Especially when it came to OTHER departments. They should have gotten a summary from all the department heads about their respective departments before coming here.

If they were asked for feedback upon returning back home, this was definitely going on her list.

Back to the students, though.

“Hello.” Olly returned the girl’s (Daisy) greeting. The rest of what the girl said merely made her sound as if she really wasn’t sure just WHAT she wanted to do in her life. “But you would definitely like to work at the Ministry?” At least that’s what she’d concluded. “What are you most interested in?” Because simple interest in a specific subject or sport didn’t really come with a perfect job per se.

While she waited, Olly absently fidgeted with some of the brochures to put them in a neat pile again, her eyes falling on a boy (Maxton) who had somewhat approached their booth but hadn’t said anything. Well, Olly wasn’t going to make him so she simply met his gaze then brought her attention back to the other students.

Old 02-27-2018, 10:51 PM   #12 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

The Hogwarts Job Fair really wasn’t doing any help to her nerves about the upcoming end of term and anything that might come afterwards for her. But as it also wasn’t likely to make things any worse, she was still attending. Even if her father was along here somewhere. Probably one of the busier tables around the Great Hall seeing as Wizarding University covered such a variety of fields.

At least he had warned her of his presence in her neck of the woods. Gave her a reason to avoid said table as any info she would get there with Gavin McNally as an ambassador, she could get at home and in their shared letters. Instead Cassie decided to wander around elsewhere, seeing the various booths and the potential fields or activities each represented. Soon enough she found her feet and taken her towards the Ministry of Magic, the seventh year stopping among those already gathered there.

She had been pointed in that direction by professors…it had possibilities.

Cass just wasn’t sure. It would also mean she was following in her father’s footsteps which was both a good and bad thing. She listened to what both ministry workers and fellow students were saying, but she couldn’t come up with a question of her own just yet.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:28 AM   #13 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lislchen View Post
And come they did.

It would have been useful if they‘d have gotten more information about the other departments at least. Something they could pass on. Because now, all they could do really was...talk about the placement process and how to apply for a job at the Ministry in general. Oh well. Again, somebody had said there was a free buffet, right?

Making sure her name tag on her shirt was readable - which also included her position at the Ministry - Olly braced herself for the first questions. “Hello.“ The first girl (Skylar) received a polite nod in greeting. Yes the brochures were there for the taking. Take them all. “It sounded interesting. I met with the department head for Environmental Protection before applying and it sounded really interesting.“ There were other reasons of course but none of which she felt like sharing with a Hogwarts student. Or hardly anyone, for that matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Zander adjusted his name tag, opening his mouth to say something else to Olly before he saw students making their way over already. He quickly straightened his back and put a smile into place, which wasn’t all that difficult. He was excited to speak to the students. It’s actually one thing he did really well with, connecting to adolescents. The adult world was a whole different story entirely, but kids? He could do that.

“Hi,” he smiled at girl (Skylar) sporting both a badge, and green robes. Of course he knew that Quidditch was coming back (his previous department had been working very closely with Hogwarts in order to make the transition a smooth one), but it did still catch him by surprise. “Quidditch Captain, I take it?” he noticed her eyes scanning the pamphlets on the booth and turned back to them to hold a couple up. “Do you want any of these, we’ve got plenty to give out,” he offered.

The boy man man-child (???) took a moment to consider the question (which was perfect because Olly was taking the lead here). Speaking of which, he was being nudged. “After I graduated I honestly wasn’t sure what I wanted to do,” he admitted sheepishly. “But I talked to my Head of House,” and mentor and hogwarts-father figure and ANYWAYS, “And he told me about this internship program called Portkey Pass. Did it for a couple of years, didn’t fancy making a career out of it… Moved back to London with a friend… Took a couple of odd jobs here and there… And applied on a whim?” Was there such a thing as being too honest?

Just as he went to continue, someone else (Kye) had walked over to the booth and Zander smiled their way, welcoming them to join the conversation. “I was just telling…..?” He looked over at the Captain, hoping she’d give her name so he didn’t sound like a total idiot. “That I really ended up in the Ministry by chance. Personally, I just wanted a job so I didn’t have much of a preference on the ‘where’ at first. Like Olly said, there's an application process and they take everything into account like your sorting, but… There’s no hat,” he laughed. “I wasn’t a fan of my original placement, actually, so I asked to be transferred and now I’m really happy with where I’m at!” Was he rambling? He felt like he was rambling. “Essentially everything’s taken into consideration: Your experience, skill set, major examination scores, and your desired placement.”

Had he said a lot, it felt like he was saying a lot. "Either of you have any particular interests within the ministry?"
Skylar was actually happy when she heard and saw Kye come up from behind her. It was comforting to know that there were others in the same shoes as her, who didn't know what they wanted to do in life. It was like, she had TOO much potential and honestly, that terrified her. Another thing that gave her comfort? Was that the two ambassadors at this table didn't seem like they were THAT much older than her. Maybe ten years? Which put them at like 26? Maybe 27? Definitely no more than 30. She listened to the first girl, simply nodding as she indicated to the pamphlets. Yes, she was taking them all.... don't mind her at all. "Environmental ... Protection..." Skylar repeated. "That sounds...like a Herbology class." She wanted to say awful, but figured she could end up working for one of these two and didn't want to seem too rude. Also, they'd probably get the hint from her tone that she didn't do Herbology. She did it enough to pass, but it was definitely not her preference.

It was the guy present though that had more of Skylar's attention, because of how he had no idea what he wanted to do. "Yes, please." She said, as he offered the pamphlets, taking one of each. "And yes, quidditch captain. Skylar Diggory." He might have heard her name tossed around, given she played for England's Under Seventeen. And her brother. And her father.

"Portkey pass? What is that?" Also, she was taking deep notes over here, so please, don't spare any details, because she VERY intrigued by you, Mr I-didn't-know-what-I-wanted.

Oh, he was asking her a question now? "Uh, I like sports? And helping people? I'm good at charms and transfiguration too and I like creatures? And writing too." Okay, was that too much of a skill set? Yes? Maybe? Probably.

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
Old 02-28-2018, 01:47 PM   #14 (permalink)

DoM & AC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Addison Ayers
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sam Forrester
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Clarke
Accidents & Catastrophes

SPOILER!!: The Adults

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lislchen
She nudged Zander to answer the question too (because she wasn‘t sure if hers had been all too helpful) while stepping over to address the second person to arrive (Kye). “Hello. Welcome.“ There, that was some politeness right there! She was being welcoming even. She really deserved a raise for this. Or at least a few talented people to come work for her. That, too. “I‘ve always been interested in Herbology and Botany so...the Department for Environmental Regulation and Protection was a good fit.“ The girl‘s next question made her...almost laugh but she managed not to. They were still young. They obviously didn‘t know these things. “You apply. For a job. There‘s a list of open job positions and then you apply for it.“ That‘s how it usually worked anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack

"Either of you have any particular interests within the ministry?"

Kye listened to the answers and was glad that the Ministry had sent people that seemed easy to talk to and happy to open up. It was good to know that you weren't necessarily stuck with your first placement forever... Hmm where would she want to go?

"Well I wouldn't mind most departments, but I'm not so good with creatures or Herbology... so anything besides those?" Kye looked over at Olly, since she had just said that she worked in ERP. "No offense," she added sheepishly. She didn't think that the woman would actually take offense to that, but she didn't want to seem rude. She listened as Sky listed her best subjects so she decided to do the same. Maybe they could help her with aiming for a particular department? "I'd say my best subjects are Charms, Transfiguration, Defense Against the Dark Arts, and Flying." She was working on the others, but she definitely wouldn't brag about her current marks in some of the other classes. Oh wait, they could take one of each pamphlet? Okay good, because that's exactly what she was going to do, thank you very much!
Old 02-28-2018, 02:17 PM   #15 (permalink)

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5
Oh, how we drift away from our friends. And the ones back home play remember when

Quote:

“Hello.” Olly returned the girl’s (Daisy) greeting. The rest of what the girl said merely made her sound as if she really wasn’t sure just WHAT she wanted to do in her life. “But you would definitely like to work at the Ministry?” At least that’s what she’d concluded. “What are you most interested in?” Because simple interest in a specific subject or sport didn’t really come with a perfect job per se.
Daisy thought for a moment. "Yes, I'd love a Ministry job that's for sure. I am most interested in something that combines my capabilities for Flying, Potions and Charms. I have tried to think of a solitary thing for some time but I honestly can't."

She paused and continued. "Does the Ministry have internships?"
Old 03-06-2018, 09:26 PM   #16 (permalink)

DERP & DMAC
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
x3 x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Skylar was actually happy when she heard and saw Kye come up from behind her. It was comforting to know that there were others in the same shoes as her, who didn't know what they wanted to do in life. It was like, she had TOO much potential and honestly, that terrified her. Another thing that gave her comfort? Was that the two ambassadors at this table didn't seem like they were THAT much older than her. Maybe ten years? Which put them at like 26? Maybe 27? Definitely no more than 30. She listened to the first girl, simply nodding as she indicated to the pamphlets. Yes, she was taking them all.... don't mind her at all. "Environmental ... Protection..." Skylar repeated. "That sounds...like a Herbology class." She wanted to say awful, but figured she could end up working for one of these two and didn't want to seem too rude. Also, they'd probably get the hint from her tone that she didn't do Herbology. She did it enough to pass, but it was definitely not her preference.
Good, that's what the pamphlets were for. Olly had no interest in taking any of them BACK home with her. She'd have to talk to Zander later but surely he'd agree that they'd just...leave any leftover pamphlets here at Hogwarts, yeah? Neither of them would have any use for them after all and maybe one or two of the students were curious but hadn't gotten around to coming up to their booth.

And if nobody wanted them, the house elves could just use them to feed the fireplaces.

Olly was quite good at reading people so naturally she noticed how unimpressed the girl seemed at her department. Not that she minded. Everyone had their interests and talents. Clearly Herbology wasn't one of this girl's. "There are other departments where you don't have to be good at Herbology." She offered with another nod towards the brochures.

She wouldn't be seeing this one in her department, clearly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokimoto View Post
Kye listened to the answers and was glad that the Ministry had sent people that seemed easy to talk to and happy to open up. It was good to know that you weren't necessarily stuck with your first placement forever... Hmm where would she want to go?

"Well I wouldn't mind most departments, but I'm not so good with creatures or Herbology... so anything besides those?" Kye looked over at Olly, since she had just said that she worked in ERP. "No offense," she added sheepishly. She didn't think that the woman would actually take offense to that, but she didn't want to seem rude. She listened as Sky listed her best subjects so she decided to do the same. Maybe they could help her with aiming for a particular department? "I'd say my best subjects are Charms, Transfiguration, Defense Against the Dark Arts, and Flying." She was working on the others, but she definitely wouldn't brag about her current marks in some of the other classes. Oh wait, they could take one of each pamphlet? Okay good, because that's exactly what she was going to do, thank you very much!
Aaaand another one she wouldn't be seeing in her department.

Oh well.

Olly shook her head a little and gave the girl a polite smile. "None taken. We have pamphlets for all departments here-" She indicated them again with a wave of her hand. "So feel free to look at those and talk to Zander here about his experience at the Ministry." Because clearly she wouldn't be interested in hearing what DERP had to offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
Daisy thought for a moment. "Yes, I'd love a Ministry job that's for sure. I am most interested in something that combines my capabilities for Flying, Potions and Charms. I have tried to think of a solitary thing for some time but I honestly can't."

She paused and continued. "Does the Ministry have internships?"
Flying, Potions and Charms.

Olly REALLY should have read up on all the different Divisions the Ministry had to offer before coming here. "Well, Charms is always useful, no matter where you work at." Good start. "I don't know how if there's a position that combines both Flying and Potions so maybe you would have to focus on just one of the two when it comes to your work." She could always play Quidditch in her spare time, yeah?

As for the next question, "We do. We don't offer them every year but if you can, I would definitely recommend applying for one." They were useful."That way you can get a first look at what it's like to work at the Ministry." And then perhaps, like Griffin, actually come work for them as a proper employee.

Text Cut: Cassie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post
The Hogwarts Job Fair really wasn’t doing any help to her nerves about the upcoming end of term and anything that might come afterwards for her. But as it also wasn’t likely to make things any worse, she was still attending. Even if her father was along here somewhere. Probably one of the busier tables around the Great Hall seeing as Wizarding University covered such a variety of fields.

At least he had warned her of his presence in her neck of the woods. Gave her a reason to avoid said table as any info she would get there with Gavin McNally as an ambassador, she could get at home and in their shared letters. Instead Cassie decided to wander around elsewhere, seeing the various booths and the potential fields or activities each represented. Soon enough she found her feet and taken her towards the Ministry of Magic, the seventh year stopping among those already gathered there.

She had been pointed in that direction by professors…it had possibilities.

Cass just wasn’t sure. It would also mean she was following in her father’s footsteps which was both a good and bad thing. She listened to what both ministry workers and fellow students were saying, but she couldn’t come up with a question of her own just yet.

Another quiet one.

Olly had noticed the girl but, just like before, chose not to address her directly. She wasn't going to make anyone talk to them after all. Maybe the girl just wanted to listen to what the others had to say. She got a polite nod in greeting though. Hello.

Old 03-09-2018, 04:46 AM   #17 (permalink)

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5

Quote:

Flying, Potions and Charms.

Olly REALLY should have read up on all the different Divisions the Ministry had to offer before coming here. "Well, Charms is always useful, no matter where you work at." Good start. "I don't know how if there's a position that combines both Flying and Potions so maybe you would have to focus on just one of the two when it comes to your work." She could always play Quidditch in her spare time, yeah?

As for the next question, "We do. We don't offer them every year but if you can, I would definitely recommend applying for one." They were useful."That way you can get a first look at what it's like to work at the Ministry." And then perhaps, like Griffin, actually come work for them as a proper employee.
This information was proving very useful in helping Daisy choosing her career in the future. "Thank you so much for your assistance. Is it okay if I take a pamphlet from the Ministry?"
Old 03-19-2018, 11:38 AM   #18 (permalink)

DERP & DMAC
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
x3 x2
Default + the whole candles thing (so ZANDER, too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
This information was proving very useful in helping Daisy choosing her career in the future. "Thank you so much for your assistance. Is it okay if I take a pamphlet from the Ministry?"
This girl seemed genuinely interested about working for the Ministry. Even if Olly thought her reasons were a bit...vague. But to each their own. It was none of her business, to be honest. So she just gave a polite smile and a nod. "Of course. Go ahead. You can take one from each department if you like." That's what they were here for. Plus, they had so many.

Before she got around to helping anyone else, Olly noticed the commotion over at one of the other booths....that didn't look normal. Stepping back a little so she was further INSIDE her booth, she glanced at Zander next to her and drew her wand. Just in case. The professors seemed to be having this under control but who knew. This was Hogwarts after all.

....instant regret about agreeing to do this overcame her. Could they leave now?