Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 989 users online including...
PhoenixRising , Zoe , KylieOvage , Kimothy

6 members
983 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmistress: Regina Hawthorne's Reign > Term 47: September - December 2017

Term 47: September - December 2017 Term Forty-Seven: Drama on the Rise (Sept 2093 - June 2094)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 11-19-2017, 10:29 PM

Default Muggle Studies Lesson 2- Household Chores the Muggle Way

With May comes even warmer weather. It was a beautiful day out with crisp and bright natural shining into the classroom and fresh air wafting in. No doubt you would be enjoying this weather as you make your way to the Muggle Studies classroom for the 10 AM lesson.

Today, you will notice the classroom’s setting rather different. In addition to the usual seating apparatus, you’ll notice situated around the very back of the room: tubs of dirty laundry soaking in sudsy water, two sinks full of dirty dishes, a dirty stove a few brooms, buckets, cloths and mops.

Figured out what the lesson was going to be about as yet?

You may take your seat. Professor Stewart is there, seated behind her desk though like during the previous lessons, she appeared to be in her own world though she does greet you.

Helpful Links:
* Define 'Housekeeping'/ Provide more examples of everyday chores
* Should Muggles have a taste of magic?
* Mini Activity!
* Main Activity!
* 48 hour warning!

OOC: Welcome to the second OOC lesson! We'll get started tomorrow at 10 PM EST but in the meanwhile, have your charries' grab a seat, interact a bit. Absoloutely no touching the stuff at the back!
THE LESSON HAS STARTED! YOU MAY ANNOUNCE LATE ARRIVALS BUUUT BE AWARE OF THE IC CONSEQUENCES
Old 11-28-2017, 05:51 PM   #101 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Never let it be said that mopping in a circle wasn't work. The continuous motion left her arms aching something fierce and the Ravenclaw couldn't understand why. It wasn't as if she'd been making a dent--'though to be fair, there wasn't much of a dent to be made. It wasn't as if they'd walked into a filthy classroom. It been mostly normal except for the addition of dirty plates and laundry.

Jessa looked down at the floor, not failing to notice the way it didn't shine.

Huh. Maybe it wasn't meant to. How much soap was in the water anyway? The 15 year old moved back to the bucket, careful to avoid all the chaos that was happening around her. This was the most eventful she'd seen muggle chores get, which made it nothing short of an exaggeration. It wasn't really how the muggle world worked. People didn't get cursed and water didn't spread for seemingly no reason and cause people to fall or hit their chin on sinks. Zoryn was reckless, but there was no way she'd done all that. Just wasn't, logically, possible.

There was magic in the classroom, whether the Professor was willing to believe it or not and it forced her to exercise more caution as she moved about than she normally would in...say....her mum's kitchen.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:03 PM   #102 (permalink)
Chizpurfle

x9
Stuck inside with Sirius | *Splish-Splash* | bamBAM | ☁ Spooktacular ☁

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

Kay heard the mention of bandages by Kitty and immediately knew someone had managed to really injure themselves. By ‘really’ she meant that they needed first aid help. Following the sound of the Head Girl’s voice, she moved over to Sam. She quickly surveyed the situation. It seemed Sam had been cut by a broken plate. “I do have bandages but in the meanwhile you can apply pressure on that. I have a first aid kit in my desk and I’ll get it for you, Ms Tyler. Antibiotic ointment can help.’’ In concern, she went over to her desk to get the kit. “I suggest you use the ointment, the kit’s here. I can help you apply some if you like.’’
Sam stopped sucking on her finger as Professor Stewart approached, withdrawing it and re-inspecting the damage up close. "It's really not that bad, Professor..." she protested. "I really fink antibiotic ointment is overkill..." She'd had plenty of cuts and scrapes in the past, and had barely worried about washing and covering them, not alone adding ointment. It wasn't even really bleeding all that much now. A bulky bandage just seemed like an inconvenient hassle to have to deal with for the rest of the day.

"Maybe just a band-aid, teh protect it, 'n' then I'll go back 'n' 'elp Kitty and Etta with the drying up."
Old 11-28-2017, 11:56 PM   #103 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Scarlett knew this lesson had to have some sort of CATCH to it as soon as she saw the cleaning supplies upon entering the room. Couldn't they just talk about how amazing magic was and how grateful they all were without having to actually get down and dirty with it? This was such terrible timing too - she had JUST done her nails, and now she was at the risk of chipping them on something. Ugh. So not ideal.

As everyone else got to work, she went over to the tubs filled with water and clothing and figured this was as good as any other chore to do. She rolled up the sleeves of her sweater and got to work, taking a big chunk of laundry and running it along the washboard. She made sure to take her time, as she didn't want the water to overflow and get all over the place - and all over her.

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Old 11-29-2017, 12:06 AM   #104 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
Default *squeezing one last post in before deadline lol
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Was it wrong if Skylar really wanted to try the whole whistling while you work? Cause maybe with a little whistling it might cheer up some of the bad vibes in the room. What with the slipping and falling and bleeding and talk of cursing? Yea, they could definitely do with some whistling. It was as she was moving around some of the laundry on her soapy washboard that she realized someone had joined her. And here she was enjoying the peace and quiet too. It was only Scarlett though; the girl was alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
Scarlett knew this lesson had to have some sort of CATCH to it as soon as she saw the cleaning supplies upon entering the room. Couldn't they just talk about how amazing magic was and how grateful they all were without having to actually get down and dirty with it? This was such terrible timing too - she had JUST done her nails, and now she was at the risk of chipping them on something. Ugh. So not ideal.

As everyone else got to work, she went over to the tubs filled with water and clothing and figured this was as good as any other chore to do. She rolled up the sleeves of her sweater and got to work, taking a big chunk of laundry and running it along the washboard. She made sure to take her time, as she didn't want the water to overflow and get all over the place - and all over her.
"Hey Scarlett," she noted of the older girl, watching how she rolled up her sleeves. And her load was done. Or at least it seemed clean to the fifth year, as she removed one clothing article and squeezed some excess water out, before shaking it out and hanging it on the line. If it wasn't clean enough, whosever clothes it were could always send it back through the laundry. She wasn't a house elf, after all, but that didn't mean she wouldn't make the best attempt she could with the load of laundry she washed.

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:29 AM   #105 (permalink)

DIMC & MO
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lola A.
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emily L. Valentine
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Nick Moonston
Mischievous Niffler

"That's okay Professor, I can finish," Kitty said, mollified that at least Professor Stewart believed her. The curse hadn't hurt that much anyway, it hurt more when her friends accused her of lying. She wasn't going to help whoever cursed her make this class a less pleasant experience. She watched out of the corner of her eye as Stewart saw to her finger. In the meantime she finished drying the dishes.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:04 AM   #106 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default scattered mentions in here, yes
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

So...there was a lot going on right now and really Derf just needed to focus on ONE thing so he didn't get overwhelmed and those heart palpitations made it so he was short of breath and even more over stimulated. So he was drowning out everything else - sorry professor - and focusing on Remy at the moment to make sure SHE was okay because that had been the whole purpose of him coming over. Which she was so okay, he could check that off his list - although he DID catch that wince. "Alright. Glad you're alright," he said with a small smile and some more ruffling of his hair. "Just...stop on over when you're ready then."

Because now he needed to get back to his dishes and Natalie.

But then the professor was saying something about his trousers? What? Huh?

So he sorta just stood there gaping at the woman for a moment when Natalie's flying towel came to an unceremonious flop atop his mop of blonde hair. "I'm alright, professor," he assured her as he pulled the rag from his head and glanced over at Natalie - who was looking a bit flustered. Must be all the dirty dish water and such.

He honestly had noooooooo idea what was going on all over this classroom, but he was just going to cautiously make his way back over to his station and get back to dish washing. "You okay?" he asked, unaware that the hole in his trousers was still very much present and that all the little golden snitches that adorned the fabric were starting on their hourly flittering about. "You wanna do the drying with this towel and I'll do the scrubbing?" He was already dunking a few goblets into the soapy water and scrubbing them as he asked.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
Old 11-29-2017, 03:12 AM   #107 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

The matter was laid to rest by the professor once and for all. And despite a few cuts that were easily dealt with from the broken dishes, it seemed to Cassie that things were calming down. So her focus was on her part of the chores…including the shirt she came upon with the ketchup. EWWW! What kinda of slob had gotten THAT much of the condiment all over themselves? Granted it could have been an accident but it still was an awful lot and made her job just a bit yucky and complicated. As in she might have been tempted to try and vanish it away if she could.

But no…no magic…no cheating.

Cass wasn’t going to try and sneak that into the mix. She’d just have to suck it up and wipe away what she could before scrubbing the rest away in hopes it didn’t set in and completely ruin the shirt. That would be a failure in the cleaning department for sure. Scrub…scrub…scrub. Wipe…wipe…wipe. Scrub…scrub…scrub. Now if only she could get rid of the ketchupy water mess as she moved back to other articles of clothing awaiting her still.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:02 AM   #108 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Bruh Zoryn had managed to require the mop and began attending to business once again. Fortunately, she didn't use an extreme excess of water this time and the floor was only mildly wet. How could she know if the floor was getting any cleaner!?!?

It wasn't like they were cleaning a super dirty classroom or anything. The room was pretty much as it always was. Honestly, this lesson was really dumb and Zoryn learned absolutely nothing from it. Sorry not sorry.

Were they done now? Her arms were absolutely aching and she had no desire to continue mopping. Of course she was still pretending to be doing something substance, but in reality she was just counting down the minutes until class was over. Uh, no offense.

You are Lemon!
Old 11-29-2017, 12:16 PM   #109 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default I see all of you ^_^
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Sam! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermygirl View Post
Sam stopped sucking on her finger as Professor Stewart approached, withdrawing it and re-inspecting the damage up close. "It's really not that bad, Professor..." she protested. "I really fink antibiotic ointment is overkill..." She'd had plenty of cuts and scrapes in the past, and had barely worried about washing and covering them, not alone adding ointment. It wasn't even really bleeding all that much now. A bulky bandage just seemed like an inconvenient hassle to have to deal with for the rest of the day.

"Maybe just a band-aid, teh protect it, 'n' then I'll go back 'n' 'elp Kitty and Etta with the drying up."

Kay peered at the cut. Indeed it seemed to be not too deep. “Very well. If you change your mind, let me know.’’ She opened the kit. “Have a band aid.’’ There were different ones to choose from. Meaning, different patterns. There was the regular brown, boring one while there were others with animated designs from TV shows.

SPOILER!!: Kitty! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblinfrog View Post
"That's okay Professor, I can finish," Kitty said, mollified that at least Professor Stewart believed her. The curse hadn't hurt that much anyway, it hurt more when her friends accused her of lying. She wasn't going to help whoever cursed her make this class a less pleasant experience. She watched out of the corner of her eye as Stewart saw to her finger. In the meantime she finished drying the dishes.

Kay nodded, still feeling sorry for Kitty. But she was hopeful that the activity would somewhat distract the girl.

SPOILER!!: Derf! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
So...there was a lot going on right now and really Derf just needed to focus on ONE thing so he didn't get overwhelmed and those heart palpitations made it so he was short of breath and even more over stimulated. So he was drowning out everything else - sorry professor - and focusing on Remy at the moment to make sure SHE was okay because that had been the whole purpose of him coming over. Which she was so okay, he could check that off his list - although he DID catch that wince. "Alright. Glad you're alright," he said with a small smile and some more ruffling of his hair. "Just...stop on over when you're ready then."

Because now he needed to get back to his dishes and Natalie.

But then the professor was saying something about his trousers? What? Huh?

So he sorta just stood there gaping at the woman for a moment when Natalie's flying towel came to an unceremonious flop atop his mop of blonde hair. "I'm alright, professor," he assured her as he pulled the rag from his head and glanced over at Natalie - who was looking a bit flustered. Must be all the dirty dish water and such.

He honestly had noooooooo idea what was going on all over this classroom, but he was just going to cautiously make his way back over to his station and get back to dish washing. "You okay?" he asked, unaware that the hole in his trousers was still very much present and that all the little golden snitches that adorned the fabric were starting on their hourly flittering about. "You wanna do the drying with this towel and I'll do the scrubbing?" He was already dunking a few goblets into the soapy water and scrubbing them as he asked.

Derf’s trousers could be mended in no time, either by magic or the good old Muggle way. “Take care not to fall again. I can always help with your trousers if you wish.’’ One a regular day, she would have been struggling to keep the grin off of her face. Not because she would be laughing at the Hufflepuff but because he looked slightly comical.

That was it! Time was up which meant that the class needed to be ended unless she wanted the kiddos to be late for their next one. “That’s a wrap, everyone! Thank you for attending. You may return all brooms, mops and so forth to the back if you had removed them from there. Have a good day.’’

The professor waited for everyone to exit before starting to return everything she had borrowed from the elves back to them.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺