FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9872
Classes: 15
Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 1077 users online including...
love-for-HP , Natashaanw , Andreastyv , Weasley174 , Chelliephone , Andreaszqd , Emzily , Andreasjif

10 members
1067 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmistress: Regina Hawthorne's Reign > Term 47: September - December 2017

Term 47: September - December 2017 Term Forty-Seven: Drama on the Rise (Sept 2093 - June 2094)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 12-31-2016, 03:33 AM

Default The Bistro

Fancy a bit of French cuisine or just looking for something sweet to eat? Either way, we've got you covered! In this new addition to the charms classroom, Professor Marchand offers you a taste of his homeland... with a modern flair.

A wrought iron chandelier hangs from the ceiling of a small room lined with tables and chairs enough to seat about fifteen people. All dishes are charmed to be self-cleaning, and two trash bins sit on either side of the door. Please remember to pick up after yourselves!

The Menu

- Eclairs
- Macarons (meringue-based cookies)
- French apple pie
- Cherry clafouti (baked custard with cherries)
- Opera cake (almond sponge cake with a coffee-chocolate icing)
- Raspberry Charlotte
- Chocolate mousse
- Madeleines (butter cookies)
- Pears Belle Helene (poached pears with chocolate sauce)
- Orangettes (candied orange peels dipped in chocolate)

- Coffee
- Tea
- Hot cocoa
- Butterbeer
- French soda (flavors: cherry, strawberry, lemon, orange, raspberry, chocolate, vanilla)

Enjoy these treats ready-made or try your hand at making them yourself! At the back of the room is a small kitchen where students can learn to prepare some of the items on the menu using only a few simple spells or create a dish all their own. There is a long counter, a sink, and a refrigerator and cabinets stocked with ingredients for you to use. On the wall is a sign with a few helpful kitchen charms to remember:

Text Cut: Kitchen Charms

Accio (wand movement: U-shape) – Summoning Charm; useful for gathering ingredients

Aguamenti (wand movement: sideways reverse S-shape) – Water-making Spell

Calefacio (wand movement: flame-shape) – Heating Charm

Decortico (wand movement: twirl wand in spiral motion around target) – Peeling Charm

Diffindo (wand movement: V-shape with a curl at the end) – Severing Charm; useful in chopping foods

Extractum (wand movement: circular motion around object) – Fruit Coring Charm

Formo (wand movement: trace wand in the shape you wish to create) – Sculpting Charm; useful for fine details such as shaping cookies or making a frosting rose to add to a cake

Frigidus (wand movement: M-shape) – Cooling Charm; used to chill foods/make hot dishes cool more quickly

Locomotor + (object name) (wand movement: raise wand) – Locomotion Charm; can be used for stirring/pouring

Scourgify (wand movement: S-shape) – Scouring Charm; useful in cleaning equipment

Sternuntur (wand movement: pass wand over surface) – Dough Rolling charm

So why not grab a recipe card and get started?
Old 10-04-2017, 02:51 PM   #26 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchyBubbles View Post
Kalen chuckled softly as she spoke about quiet days being the day to fear. ”I usually just find them relaxing, it’s the loud days, the ones with lots of noise that tend to scare me most. “ He would never forget the day he got the worst news of his life. It had been loud and noisy and he could barely hear what the Aurors were telling him.

The silence after those days though.. the empty quiet that permeated every inch of his life seemed to haunt him, but eventually he found solace in calm. It was the noise that brought up bad memories.

”Macarons seem to be my weakness, those and fizzing whizzbees. And I thought I would be fine since they were in France, now that they are here, I’ve found myself taking up running so I can enjoy them.“ He said with a soft chuckle.

He took a sip of his tea and looked over at her with a grin. ”I would be happy with a quiet term, but alas.. things around here are not quiet for long are they? “ He asked with a smile before grinning more.

”It’s good, it’s great. I love it actually, except for when half the class is falling asleep cause it’s midnight!“ He said with a soft chuckle.
Camilla listened for a moment to what Kalen was saying. "Loud days are distracting for sure but the quiet days... you never know what's going to happen." One moment you're relaxing and reading a good book and the next there could be impending doom waiting to happen. Though that could be said about any day really.

"We all have that one food that will be our downfall," she laughed taking another spoonful of the yumminess that was her snack. "I could easily sit here all afternoon eating this." It's a good thing she wouldn't though! Surely she would be packing on the pounds very quickly if she did. "Running is wonderful exercise. So is hiking and all things that get you moving really." Just as her, she was always keeping active when she could.

"I believe you're catching on to how things work around here," she teased taking a sip of her own drink. "We had a decently calm term last year." If the addition of many many students and staff from Ilvermorny counted as being calm.

If the women had to admit it she herself wouldn't be to fond of getting up at midnight anymore for a lesson. "That was always my problem with the lesson back when I was a student... if it was earlier in the evening it wouldn't have been so bad."

You are Bread!
Old 10-04-2017, 06:53 PM   #27 (permalink)

DMC & DMLE
Thestral

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solana Selwyn
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Selene Diana Evans
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy
Snow Miser | Munchy | Molly Hooper | T | Hey, you | Phantom | Mrs. Chris Evans | Brat Pack | Tristalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Camilla listened for a moment to what Kalen was saying. "Loud days are distracting for sure but the quiet days... you never know what's going to happen." One moment you're relaxing and reading a good book and the next there could be impending doom waiting to happen. Though that could be said about any day really.

"We all have that one food that will be our downfall," she laughed taking another spoonful of the yumminess that was her snack. "I could easily sit here all afternoon eating this." It's a good thing she wouldn't though! Surely she would be packing on the pounds very quickly if she did. "Running is wonderful exercise. So is hiking and all things that get you moving really." Just as her, she was always keeping active when she could.

"I believe you're catching on to how things work around here," she teased taking a sip of her own drink. "We had a decently calm term last year." If the addition of many many students and staff from Ilvermorny counted as being calm.

If the women had to admit it she herself wouldn't be to fond of getting up at midnight anymore for a lesson. "That was always my problem with the lesson back when I was a student... if it was earlier in the evening it wouldn't have been so bad."
Kalen grinned a little into his tea as Camilla spoke, ”That is very true, I’m glad mine is just Macarons, my younger brother Skye has a thing for pies, any sort of pies you can imagine. He can eat two in one sitting..“ He said with a soft chuckle. ”It’s a good thing he works with Dragons, keeps him on his toes.“ He took a cookie and placed it into his mouth, chewing thoughtfully.

”Yes, I’ve heard that comparatively last term was quiet. I couldn’t imagine being around for the Portal, Leon and Azura told me all about that, it seemed terrifying.“ he remarked with a nod. He was glad his first term was calm. or..
Mostly calm.

Kalen grinned. ”See, I loved being able to stay up to midnight when I was a student, now though that I’m older, staying up is harder.“ He said with a soft chuckle as he took another sip of his tea. ”I’ve had some classes earlier in the evening, especially when there is Cloud cover and the students won’t be able to see the sky.“He explained.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:38 AM   #28 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young
International Cooperation
Sardine VIP || Shark Attack! || D A R T E R || Captain Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcasticStrawberry View Post
Juni laughed, that pile was her food for later, while she was doing her homework and studying. "Well there is plenty more food over there that we can try too." Lets of French food. Sweets more like it.

She smiled, "Well you have found the motherload of food right here." This could very well be their new hang out place. "I bet I can find at least one thing you don't like." And yes that was a challenge Ryker.
Slate nodded. "Maybe we'll make this a thing then?" he suggested. "We'll try something new each time until we've tried it all." Seemed like a good idea. Plus, he never minded spending time with Juni.

He smirked. "Really? You might have to try A LOT for that to happen." So far, in his life, he couldn't think of anything he didn't like. "Are you really up for that challenge and spending that much time with me?"

_____________________________________________I Was Enchanted To Meet You
Old 10-07-2017, 03:13 PM   #29 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:
Kalen grinned a little into his tea as Camilla spoke, ”That is very true, I’m glad mine is just Macarons, my younger brother Skye has a thing for pies, any sort of pies you can imagine. He can eat two in one sitting..“ He said with a soft chuckle. ”It’s a good thing he works with Dragons, keeps him on his toes.“ He took a cookie and placed it into his mouth, chewing thoughtfully.

”Yes, I’ve heard that comparatively last term was quiet. I couldn’t imagine being around for the Portal, Leon and Azura told me all about that, it seemed terrifying.“ he remarked with a nod. He was glad his first term was calm. or..
Mostly calm.

Kalen grinned. ”See, I loved being able to stay up to midnight when I was a student, now though that I’m older, staying up is harder.“ He said with a soft chuckle as he took another sip of his tea. ”I’ve had some classes earlier in the evening, especially when there is Cloud cover and the students won’t be able to see the sky.“He explained.
"Oh, dear Merlin," she laughed shaking her head. "That's definitely some serious snacking there. I hope he's keeping a healthy balance though." She loved her snacks but she also loved a wide variety or other foods as well. "Dragons? How does he like that?" Dragons were wondrous creatures that fascinated her but she couldn't dream of working with them on a daily basis.

Camilla let out a slow breath taking another spoonful of custard before talking again. "It was truly an unnerving term. So much was going on all at once. It was hard to tell if anything that happened was connected to the portal or something else entirely... we ended up having to do curfews and walking students to and from lessons. It was scary." That was in no way how she had imagined her first term would have gone but that's what had happened. At least the situation was resolved in the end.

Listening while she finished her snack was nice. "Ah, well in our younger years staying up late was fun." Now when it hit midnight she typically wanted to be in bed sleeping. "That doesn't sound to bad. Most of the students should know that the class takes place late at night before hand, yes?" So really they shouldn't be so sleepy. Naps did help wonders if one knew they had to be up late.

You are Bread!
Old 10-09-2017, 12:54 AM   #30 (permalink)

DERP & DMAC
Augurey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amatheia Barrington
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Barrington
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexander Brian Pappadeaux

x2 x7
Treat Yo Self | +2 | Enabler | Nerd | Blink

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyGirl View Post
The boy had a point but not accurate enough. "Umm...I'm actually not baking anything. I was just exploring the castle" Nigel shrugged "And besides, I really don't like candy..." so, yeah "But I can help you, if you want" fair enough, right? Good.

He waited for the boy to give his name because otherwise how was he going to call him? Important stuff first, please. "I'm Nigel, I'm new here" Not that he wanted to let everyone know that but he thought it was... important? So, people wouldn't be asking why was he here if not to bake or eat something. Besides, who decided to have a bistro in a classroom?

Moving oooon.

Judging from Theo's robes he was not a Ravenclaw. "Gryffindor I see" said Nigel "I know another Gryffindor, a girl. Her name is Olivia..." well, her surname just disappeared from Nigel's memory "Olivia something" maybe Theo knew her.
How did someone not like candy there was like a million different candies and how could you not like any of them. Théo ignored the part about exploring since he was technically doing that right now. Just sidetracked into here and here they are.

He said he could help and that is all that mattered.

Nigel. Nice name. Didnt a famous wrock star have that first name....nevermind.

"Ok new kid, got it. What are you in the mood for since i cant make something and eat it all by myself. That's just not good for me"

He had quidditch to worry about and really needed to keep up his training and eating somewhat right.

Plus whatever they made didnt have to be sweet.

-------------------------------------Be a pineapple: Stand tall,
-----------------------------------------wear a crown, and be sweet on the inside.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:43 PM   #31 (permalink)

DMC & DMLE
Thestral

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solana Selwyn
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Selene Diana Evans
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy
Snow Miser | Munchy | Molly Hooper | T | Hey, you | Phantom | Mrs. Chris Evans | Brat Pack | Tristalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
"Oh, dear Merlin," she laughed shaking her head. "That's definitely some serious snacking there. I hope he's keeping a healthy balance though." She loved her snacks but she also loved a wide variety or other foods as well. "Dragons? How does he like that?" Dragons were wondrous creatures that fascinated her but she couldn't dream of working with them on a daily basis.

Camilla let out a slow breath taking another spoonful of custard before talking again. "It was truly an unnerving term. So much was going on all at once. It was hard to tell if anything that happened was connected to the portal or something else entirely... we ended up having to do curfews and walking students to and from lessons. It was scary." That was in no way how she had imagined her first term would have gone but that's what had happened. At least the situation was resolved in the end.

Listening while she finished her snack was nice. "Ah, well in our younger years staying up late was fun." Now when it hit midnight she typically wanted to be in bed sleeping. "That doesn't sound to bad. Most of the students should know that the class takes place late at night before hand, yes?" So really they shouldn't be so sleepy. Naps did help wonders if one knew they had to be up late.
Kalen smiled as Camilla laughed and he nodded. ”He’s a big fan of salads and fish, so it evens out eventually, but yeah, I pity his future wife, she better be a good baker. “ He said with a soft chuckle as he shook his head a bit. ”He loves it actually, he’s such a natural with them as well. So I don’t worry too much about him.“ He explained, sure he would always worry a bit, one did that about younger siblings.

It was nice to have them all not worrying about him though. That was nice.

Kalen took a sip of his tea, nodding a bit here and there as his coworker spoke. ”Merlin it sounded terrifying, and I know my niece and nephew weren’t too happy about the curfew, but I know that it was for their own good.“ He would have wanted to be safe in his room as well! Being an adult sometimes had it advantages and sometimes it didn’t. Like roaming dark halls looking for monsters.

No thank you.

Another cookie made its way into her mouth and he chewed thoughtfully on the delectable treat for a few moments before swallowing and nodding. ”They do know it’s at night, but still sometimes they aren’t fully awake. Or have just woken up from a nap and thereby are groggy. “ He said with a soft laugh. ”I’ve taken to finding way to help wake them up. Bright lights, cool breezes, things like that. “
Old 10-12-2017, 10:43 AM   #32 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default For Tegz (BoG follow-up)
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Gaston paced the floor of the bistro, lost in worry. He'd been expecting this moment, but it didn't stop him from dreading it! Panicked blue eyes darted toward the door in anticipation of Mrs. Kettleburn's arrival. His heart sank as he wondered if this was the wrong venue for such a meeting. He thought the bistro would be a relaxing change from his office. There were refreshments to distract him, and there was no Phantom hissing and yowling. That cat had a sixth sense when it came to picking up on his emotions! Whenever he was sad or on edge, she went into attack mode, and that was the last thing he wanted to happen right now!

But what if Mrs. Kettleburn thought the bistro was unnecessary and demanded he get rid if it? What if she thought he didn't know his subject? Or didn't like his teaching style? What if... With a pang of sadness he thought what might happen if she wanted him fired. Then what would he do? Teaching was all he ever wanted to do with his life...

He glanced at his watch, just as he'd been doing about every five seconds since he got here. Any time now... His eyes flicked toward the refreshments, but somehow he didn't think coffee and some fancy French pastries would save him from disapproval. He sighed, mentally picking apart his lesson trying to anticipate the flaws, as he braced for the barrage of criticism that was sure to come.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 10-12-2017, 01:56 PM   #33 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:
Kalen smiled as Camilla laughed and he nodded. ”He’s a big fan of salads and fish, so it evens out eventually, but yeah, I pity his future wife, she better be a good baker. “ He said with a soft chuckle as he shook his head a bit. ”He loves it actually, he’s such a natural with them as well. So I don’t worry too much about him.“ He explained, sure he would always worry a bit, one did that about younger siblings.

It was nice to have them all not worrying about him though. That was nice.

Kalen took a sip of his tea, nodding a bit here and there as his coworker spoke. ”Merlin it sounded terrifying, and I know my niece and nephew weren’t too happy about the curfew, but I know that it was for their own good.“ He would have wanted to be safe in his room as well! Being an adult sometimes had it advantages and sometimes it didn’t. Like roaming dark halls looking for monsters.

No thank you.

Another cookie made its way into her mouth and he chewed thoughtfully on the delectable treat for a few moments before swallowing and nodding. ”They do know it’s at night, but still sometimes they aren’t fully awake. Or have just woken up from a nap and thereby are groggy. “ He said with a soft laugh. ”I’ve taken to finding way to help wake them up. Bright lights, cool breezes, things like that. “
"Well at least he does eat healthy from time to time and I'm sure working with dragons is one heck of a workout," Cami laughed. "Either that or she needs to be good at bribing him to eat whatever she makes." It was meant as a joke really but sometimes one just had to know the right things to say. "That's good. It's nice having a job that you can enjoy." Which was why she worked with kids.

"It was. I'm just so glad it's all over. Things could have been much worse." Things had been very bad that much was for sure but everyone was alive and that was very important. "Oh, no. None of the students liked the curfew but it was in everyone's best interest at the time." Better safe than sorry.

Taking another sip of her drink, Camilla listened to Kalen explain how he managed to keep the students awake and alert during his lessons. "It sounds like you know what works," she laughed softly. Anything to keep their attention on the lesson and forget about how late it truly was must be very helpful.

You are Bread!