sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 4135 users online including...
ChinaCib , Ronaldsnut , Larryweisp , Alexrut , Austinwals , NatalieNox

7 members
4128 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Diagon Alley Archive > Middle Era Diagon Alley

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 12-12-2016, 07:52 PM

Default Middle of the Street

Halfway down Diagon Alley, the colourful shop fronts give way to the more business-like places in the area. In this area, you might find the occasional witch pushing a cart full of strange wares to be sold, but one is much more likely to come across a sea of reporters on their way to and from the Daily Prophet offices, or see numerous owls swooping in and out of the Owl Post Office. Nonetheless, the area is as bright and inviting as the rest of Diagon Alley, and just as busy.

You could always go back to the North end of the street if you want to check out some of the shops there, or continue on to the South end. Or if you have business with them you might want to pop into the Daily Prophet offices or send some owl mail from the Owl Post Office. There's a nice little cafe not very far away if you feel the need to stop for refreshments and watch the passers by.
Old 08-20-2018, 03:31 PM   #126 (permalink)

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Default :3
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erindipity View Post
Penny was fretting as she scoured her supply list one last time. She was certain she had missed something... or just wasn't thinking about some little something she was likely going to need. There was SOMETHING she had overlooked. Penny just KNEW it. As she paused in the street, her mouth moved silently as the rereading commenced... yet again.

It was infuriating, to say the least, but she had to be sure that everything was acquired before her mum arrived to take them home. UGH.

In a moment of sheer frustration, the little Hufflepuff stamped her foot, marched to the bench, plopped down, arms crossed and commenced to pout. A pout of epic proportions, if you will. Like, it was so big and pouty and she was so focused that the fact that another witch occupied that bench had not occurred to her just yet. Oopsie.
Anna noticed a girl who looked Hogwarts-age, much like herself. Said girl, however, looked a LOT more worried and bothered than Anna, who was currently happily eating her ice cream and juuust sitting there.

The Gryffindor had to stifle a laugh when the girl sat beside her, apparently without realising there was someone already sitting at the bench who was now closely watching her.

The now fourteen year-old eventually let out a snort. "I can see you're enjoying your shopping experience." She said, finally chuckling, but never stopping licking her ice cream.

It was way too good, omnomnom.
Hey Ju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:59 PM   #127 (permalink)

DMT
Mountain Troll

x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
Anna noticed a girl who looked Hogwarts-age, much like herself. Said girl, however, looked a LOT more worried and bothered than Anna, who was currently happily eating her ice cream and juuust sitting there.

The Gryffindor had to stifle a laugh when the girl sat beside her, apparently without realising there was someone already sitting at the bench who was now closely watching her.

The now fourteen year-old eventually let out a snort. "I can see you're enjoying your shopping experience." She said, finally chuckling, but never stopping licking her ice cream.

It was way too good, omnomnom.
That snort not only caught Penny's attention, but it also sent her face and ears burning red with embarrassment. One, because she hadn't noticed anyone sitting there. And two, because she was a teenager throwing a tantrum like a smol child. So yeah, that was not exactly indicative of her age. Hah. Cool stuff.

Turning slightly on the bench the Hufflepuff looked at the Gryffindor apologetically. "Can't exactly say I am, honestly. Evah get tha feelin' like ya forgot somethin'? I got tha and it's annoying." It was not the norm for Penny to speak so freely... or so much to someone, but in her exhausted, put out state she was letting it rip.
Erindipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:11 PM   #128 (permalink)

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Quote:
That snort not only caught Penny's attention, but it also sent her face and ears burning red with embarrassment. One, because she hadn't noticed anyone sitting there. And two, because she was a teenager throwing a tantrum like a smol child. So yeah, that was not exactly indicative of her age. Hah. Cool stuff.

Turning slightly on the bench the Hufflepuff looked at the Gryffindor apologetically. "Can't exactly say I am, honestly. Evah get tha feelin' like ya forgot somethin'? I got tha and it's annoying." It was not the norm for Penny to speak so freely... or so much to someone, but in her exhausted, put out state she was letting it rip.
The fact the girl next to her was now turning red made Anna have to stifle chuckles again as she kept licking her ice cream and watching her.

The Gryffindor send her a smile when she turned to face her, even bringing the ice cream cone down from her face a little as she listened. "Well, the list should help you make sure you haven't forgotten anything, though." She said, gesturing with her head to the list the girl was holding. "Besides, it's only school stuff, isn't it?" Anna was assuming, but it was very likely she was right given the time of year and the age of the girl. "It's not the end of the world if you do forget something." She added with a shrug, going back to eating some more of her ice cream.

Great role model, Anna was not.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:23 PM   #129 (permalink)

DMT
Mountain Troll

x8

Quote:
The fact the girl next to her was now turning red made Anna have to stifle chuckles again as she kept licking her ice cream and watching her.

The Gryffindor send her a smile when she turned to face her, even bringing the ice cream cone down from her face a little as she listened. "Well, the list should help you make sure you haven't forgotten anything, though." She said, gesturing with her head to the list the girl was holding. "Besides, it's only school stuff, isn't it?" Anna was assuming, but it was very likely she was right given the time of year and the age of the girl. "It's not the end of the world if you do forget something." She added with a shrug, going back to eating some more of her ice cream.

Great role model, Anna was not.
Penny frowned ever so slightly... after returning the friendly smile, that is. Seeeee... she didn't think the way the Gryffindor did, obviously. "Welll... if I dun get it all now, I won't be able to... uh... come back and get the rest. So it's kinda important, really." Because her mum had said in PLAIN ENGLISH her words, not Penny's that she a) Did not have the money to come get extras and b) that she also didn't have the time to take off from work to bring she and her siblings back. So yeah, it was crucial that it got handled now.

"If I miss something or forget something... I will have to do without and I don't much care for doing without something I may need," she said low, averting her eyes. The subject of her family's lack of money was a sore spot for her. "What kind of ice cream is tha?" she tacked on, hoping to change the subject.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:16 PM   #130 (permalink)

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Quote:
Penny frowned ever so slightly... after returning the friendly smile, that is. Seeeee... she didn't think the way the Gryffindor did, obviously. "Welll... if I dun get it all now, I won't be able to... uh... come back and get the rest. So it's kinda important, really." Because her mum had said in PLAIN ENGLISH her words, not Penny's that she a) Did not have the money to come get extras and b) that she also didn't have the time to take off from work to bring she and her siblings back. So yeah, it was crucial that it got handled now.

"If I miss something or forget something... I will have to do without and I don't much care for doing without something I may need," she said low, averting her eyes. The subject of her family's lack of money was a sore spot for her. "What kind of ice cream is tha?" she tacked on, hoping to change the subject.
Anna shrugged. "Yeah, but it's only school supplies. If you end up not having something... it's not really a big deal, is it?" The brunette gave the other girl a nonchalant look. "As long as you have loads of parchment and ink, you should be fine." She added with a reassuring smile. Textbooks and whatnot could all be shared, y'know? At least that was what Anna thought.

The rising fourth year looked at her ice cream when the girl asked what it was. "It's raspberry and chocolate. My favourite!" She grinned. "Florean's is really good. They make the best ice creams."
Old 08-21-2018, 02:37 AM   #131 (permalink)

DMT
Mountain Troll

x8

Quote:
Anna shrugged. "Yeah, but it's only school supplies. If you end up not having something... it's not really a big deal, is it?" The brunette gave the other girl a nonchalant look. "As long as you have loads of parchment and ink, you should be fine." She added with a reassuring smile. Textbooks and whatnot could all be shared, y'know? At least that was what Anna thought.

The rising fourth year looked at her ice cream when the girl asked what it was. "It's raspberry and chocolate. My favourite!" She grinned. "Florean's is really good. They make the best ice creams."
Penny chewed on her lip as the other girl spoke so nonchalantly about school supplies. It stressed her out! And the fact that most of the money, whether her mum realized she was privvy to that info, came from the sweet old lady that worked with her mum meant she had to be EXTRA careful to get everything she needed and not overspend. She had to be frugal and good. "I've parchment and ink, yeah." But she knew she needed much more than that. She had hit a growth spurt and had to get new robes this term... which weren't cheap. SIGHS.

"Yeah I have had Florean's," she said quietly, not adding that it was a HUGE treat when they did. "I quite fancy mint and chocolate personally." Penny fidgeted slightly as she watched the girl eat her ice cream. It was a bit awkward that she was staring at her, I am sure... but oh well. "I'm Penny."
Old 08-25-2018, 03:01 PM   #132 (permalink)

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Quote:
Penny chewed on her lip as the other girl spoke so nonchalantly about school supplies. It stressed her out! And the fact that most of the money, whether her mum realized she was privvy to that info, came from the sweet old lady that worked with her mum meant she had to be EXTRA careful to get everything she needed and not overspend. She had to be frugal and good. "I've parchment and ink, yeah." But she knew she needed much more than that. She had hit a growth spurt and had to get new robes this term... which weren't cheap. SIGHS.

"Yeah I have had Florean's," she said quietly, not adding that it was a HUGE treat when they did. "I quite fancy mint and chocolate personally." Penny fidgeted slightly as she watched the girl eat her ice cream. It was a bit awkward that she was staring at her, I am sure... but oh well. "I'm Penny."
Anna gave the girl another big grin when she said she had parchment and ink. "You're good to go then!" If she didn't care about books and whatnot, that was. Like Anna. Heehee.

The Gryffindor smiled and nodded, licking some more of her ice cream. She also kept looking at the other girl and chuckled when she didn't take her eyes off Anna. Was she okay? Shrug. "Nice to meet you, Penny! I'm Anna." She offered her free hand for Penny to shake. "I'm in Gryffindor." She added, assuming Penny was the girl she had seen around Hogwarts once or twice and wondering if she was going to share her own house.
Old 08-27-2018, 04:31 AM   #133 (permalink)
formerly: Optimist.Prime

DMLE & DMT
Fwooper

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Yarborough
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emerald Peridot "Dot" Ainsley
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

x10
HOLISTIC ACTRESS {X O} EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED

Beth was standing there kind of quietly, her hands in her pockets. It wasn’t like anything suspicious was happening she was just here looking at everything going on about the street. People milled about and it was just n i c e to watch the crowds and to be there.

Maybe this meeting was going to be good? She didn’t know, after all it was just a rainy summer day and anything could happen.

IT'S NOT AN ACT OF LOVE __________________________________________________ ___________
Old 08-28-2018, 04:41 AM   #134 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist.Prime View Post
Beth was standing there kind of quietly, her hands in her pockets. It wasn’t like anything suspicious was happening she was just here looking at everything going on about the street. People milled about and it was just n i c e to watch the crowds and to be there.

Maybe this meeting was going to be good? She didn’t know, after all it was just a rainy summer day and anything could happen.
Skylar hadn't been 100% sure about this and yet here she was, pushing a stroller through the middle of the streets. A stroller that did not contain a baby, because no the newly turned eighteen year old was NOT having a baby anytime soon. But it was a different kind of a baby. A creature that while had one little slip last term in the common room, she'd been able to keep it under wraps in her dorm.

While she wanted to keep it with her, somehow passing it on to a younger Slytherin seemed right. Because she knew it would only require more time the older it became ... and the animal transport laws to another country wasn't exactly something she was prepared to deal with. Sure she could leave it with her parents, but there was something pulling at her instead to make it something of a Slytherin House pet. Besides their snake of course, that Professor Vance had initiated into their common room. This was more of a secret house pet though.

"Beth..... Hey," she smiled upon seeing the younger girl.

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 05:39 PM   #135 (permalink)
formerly: Optimist.Prime

DMLE & DMT
Fwooper

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Yarborough
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emerald Peridot "Dot" Ainsley
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

x10
HOLISTIC ACTRESS {X O} EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Skylar hadn't been 100% sure about this and yet here she was, pushing a stroller through the middle of the streets. A stroller that did not contain a baby, because no the newly turned eighteen year old was NOT having a baby anytime soon. But it was a different kind of a baby. A creature that while had one little slip last term in the common room, she'd been able to keep it under wraps in her dorm.

While she wanted to keep it with her, somehow passing it on to a younger Slytherin seemed right. Because she knew it would only require more time the older it became ... and the animal transport laws to another country wasn't exactly something she was prepared to deal with. Sure she could leave it with her parents, but there was something pulling at her instead to make it something of a Slytherin House pet. Besides their snake of course, that Professor Vance had initiated into their common room. This was more of a secret house pet though.

"Beth..... Hey," she smiled upon seeing the younger girl.
Brushing her hair out of her face, and she was ready. Ready for whatever this was, it was going to be…fun – anything with Captain Skylar was – even if she had never been her captain. Hearing and seeing Skylar walking with what looked like a perambulator was strange.

What was in it? Beth’s eyes widened in delight and confusion, was this the infamous house secret she had so doggedly tried to uncover and never had…because well, she hadn’t obviously wanted to out whatever it was.

”hey Skylar,” she smiled up at her.

IT'S NOT AN ACT OF LOVE __________________________________________________ ___________
Old 09-01-2018, 12:56 AM   #136 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
Default super quick wrapup post cause feast is here; we can continue on twitter if you want?
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist.Prime View Post
Brushing her hair out of her face, and she was ready. Ready for whatever this was, it was going to be…fun – anything with Captain Skylar was – even if she had never been her captain. Hearing and seeing Skylar walking with what looked like a perambulator was strange.

What was in it? Beth’s eyes widened in delight and confusion, was this the infamous house secret she had so doggedly tried to uncover and never had…because well, she hadn’t obviously wanted to out whatever it was.

”hey Skylar,” she smiled up at her.
Maybe it was slight guilt that Beth hadn't been on her team. Or maybe she just saw some sort of similar determination and ambition in the girl. The desire to not necessarily break the rules, but bend them slightly. Honestly, Skylar hadn't even been sure when she adopted the creature a year ago what her intentions were with it. Nor was she sure now. It was one of those impulse decisions. An impulse decision that now left her with two choices; leave it home with her mama, whom she was sure wouldn't mind. Or make it an unofficial house pet. Perhaps somehow she'd keep her legacy alive. For at least a little while, until she faded into the background and people soon forgot she ever existed.

"I... You may not know this, but I'm headed to Japan in a couple months and there's legalities involved with transporting creatures to other countries..." Skylar just dove right into the topic. "So I wanted to know if you'd like to become a sort of co-caretaker for this? I was able to keep it in my dorm my last year... but uh, i don't know how long that will be possible."

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 03:51 PM   #137 (permalink)

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Eliora Dodderidge
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Theophilus Darcy

x7 x5
Default hey hi someone play with us
∞ 17 | RP entrepreneur | defies gravity | Miss George is flawless | blanket burrito lyfe

Galilea was tired today. Fitz had been struck down with some sort of flu from his school and she'd had to find a nanny nurse to take care of him because she currently didn't trust anyone enough to mind the shop. But, she'd shut the doors for half an hour in the early afternoon to go for a walk and clear her brain of all the worries she was having about her son.

So walking, she was.

Just on the street for now, with an ice cream in hand and definitely dressed for the summer even though it was most certainly not. Hello early days of 2097, it was nice to not be dressed correctly for you.

[Grimoire]__________________________________________________ ____________

Shanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 02:12 PM   #138 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Harri Ainsworth
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Owen Montezor
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Beatrice Castell
Environmental Protection
x12
Default for Dani
❄Suaviter in modo, fortiter in re❄| ⚕=equivalent exchange=⚕ | pinned ya!

Gavin had a particular loathing for London. It was a place that held a lot of negative in his life; he got lost there at the age of 8 and ended up in Knockturn Alley where a dark witch was one second away from kidnapping him, it was also where his father decided he was going to leave his wife and son to fend for themselves, and it was also where his ex-wife, Rosalie, informed him that she wanted a divorce. So, if it were up to him, he wouldn't be stepping anywhere near this hellhole.

Unfortunately, his work's main office was here. Smack dab in the middle of Diagon Alley. Things were afoot at Gringotts and as a cursebreaker he was obligated to show up. So show up, he did. Merlin. And now he could really use a drink...or two.

Tazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 04:21 AM   #139 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzie View Post
Gavin had a particular loathing for London. It was a place that held a lot of negative in his life; he got lost there at the age of 8 and ended up in Knockturn Alley where a dark witch was one second away from kidnapping him, it was also where his father decided he was going to leave his wife and son to fend for themselves, and it was also where his ex-wife, Rosalie, informed him that she wanted a divorce. So, if it were up to him, he wouldn't be stepping anywhere near this hellhole.

Unfortunately, his work's main office was here. Smack dab in the middle of Diagon Alley. Things were afoot at Gringotts and as a cursebreaker he was obligated to show up. So show up, he did. Merlin. And now he could really use a drink...or two.

Was it really a day off if you both didn't want it and still had your biggest responsibility to deal with? She didn't think so.

Lex would admit, it had been a while since she'd taken the day for the sake of taking the day and getting a reset but it was unnecessary. The wizarding world didn't take a break and she took her breaks after work hours. It was system that had worked well for her through the years, even if it did leave her a little tired and coffee dependent. Her REAL breaks came with the breaks of her cases. Those short periods between cases where all she had to do was update expired arrest warrants and run patrols. That was the only time she could feel at ease.

Being required to take this day, knowing how many things needed to be done...well...it was near torture.

On an entirely different end of the spectrum? Her nearly 6 year old who zipped through the alley ahead of her. Emm was likely having the time of her life missing her lessons to spend the day with her mother sweeping through the place. Lex watched the little girl zip through the fairly empty street, keeping just enough watch to make sure she was safe, but even that didn't prepare her for the kid running right into the guy.

Mentally, the Head Auror facepalmed as her kid fell back onto her bum, knocked by the force of the impact. Of course. Of course.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

DaniDiNardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 08:40 AM   #140 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Harri Ainsworth
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Owen Montezor

Ministry RPG Name:
Beatrice Castell
Environmental Protection
x12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Was it really a day off if you both didn't want it and still had your biggest responsibility to deal with? She didn't think so.

Lex would admit, it had been a while since she'd taken the day for the sake of taking the day and getting a reset but it was unnecessary. The wizarding world didn't take a break and she took her breaks after work hours. It was system that had worked well for her through the years, even if it did leave her a little tired and coffee dependent. Her REAL breaks came with the breaks of her cases. Those short periods between cases where all she had to do was update expired arrest warrants and run patrols. That was the only time she could feel at ease.

Being required to take this day, knowing how many things needed to be done...well...it was near torture.

On an entirely different end of the spectrum? Her nearly 6 year old who zipped through the alley ahead of her. Emm was likely having the time of her life missing her lessons to spend the day with her mother sweeping through the place. Lex watched the little girl zip through the fairly empty street, keeping just enough watch to make sure she was safe, but even that didn't prepare her for the kid running right into the guy.

Mentally, the Head Auror facepalmed as her kid fell back onto her bum, knocked by the force of the impact. Of course. Of course.
What was he doing in the middle of the street again? Oh, right. Drinks. He was going to grab some plenty amount of drinks all by himself. But there was a problem. In his conscious desire to pretend this place did not exist, it seemed like mere directions as to where the bar (The Leaky Cauldron, was it?) was located had dissolved from his memory as well.

So Gavin, a little lost and too proud to ask anyone for directions, kept walking only to be assaulted by a kid. "Watch it," he muttered, but all the same crouched down immediately to check the small person. Children...he had a love/hate relationship with the lot of them...for certain reasons. "Did you hurt yourself?" He surveyed the girl for any obvious injuries just as he spied from the corner of his eye a blonde woman.

In a flat one second, Gavin looked up and felt the air rush out of him.

He simply STARED.

Old 11-25-2018, 09:15 AM   #141 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Emm was fine. She'd seen her take nastier spills and bounce back like nothing happened--unless crying suited her better.......like now.....apparently..........

Merlin's soggy beard. Alexa approached the staring man--had he seen something strange?--and the now wailing 5 year old who clung desperately to her knee despite not having hit it in the fall. She would have to teach her to be more convincing if she was going to go the drama route for every little thing. This was just painfully embarrassing to watch.

"She'll live." Lex answered, moving to crouch by her kid too, effectively creating distance between the two because hello stranger danger. "Just a bump. Hardly the sort to throw around crocodile tears for. Right, Emm?" Believe it or not, she had taught her better. There was nothing to be gained from crying here. Waste of tears at best.

If only she agreed. Kid sniffled where she sat before insisting her...elbow--ah so now her elbow hurt. Right. Got it. So her elbow hurt and she needed candy to make it feel better. This time Lex did facepalm for real as the little girl's hand stretched toward the man expectantly. She reached out and tugged it back down. "Ignore her. I do half the time." But as cavalier as she was being about it, Lex did take the time to properly survey her child JUST to make sure she wasn't hurt afterall.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 11-25-2018, 10:00 AM   #142 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Harri Ainsworth
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Owen Montezor

Ministry RPG Name:
Beatrice Castell
Environmental Protection
x12

Gavin was still STARING....

What was this sorcery? Was it really her? It couldn't be. She was acting like she didn't know him. Was she just acting? He was starting to lose his composure, but still he stared. Even as the kid started to wail like the little girl she was, even as the woman begun to say things that he sort of tuned out...Slowly though, he was realizing that it wasn't...her. The resemblance was uncanny but the longer he stared, the more Gavin noticed the stark differences; her eyes were smaller, she had fuller lips and a higher nose, there was no mole.

He was this close to setting himself up for a travesty over a mistaken identity.

What a freaking joke.

Gavin shook himself out of his reverie just as the woman tugged the girls' hand back down. He chuckled awkwardly...more to himself, "She just said her elbow hurt." He wasn't going to ignore that. "Let me see?" He asked, directing the question to the child and trying to rid himself of the ridiculous notion that the woman opposite him was anything other than what seemed like a mother who exercised tough love on her kid.

Old 11-25-2018, 10:23 AM   #143 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

He had about another three seconds before she called him out for the staring and he would do well to not waste them. In the meantime, she looked over her child, making the necessary checks and noting the way she failed to flinch on cue. Emmerson would definitely need more work if she was ever to get her way with tears.

Thankfully, the man seemed to snap out of whatever trance he'd fallen into. There would be no need for a lack of pleasantries...unless he continued insisting after she explained the kid was fine.

By passing her to ask Emm directly. He was working for it.

"In another minute, her head will hurt." She replied flatly. "It doesn't change the fact, she's fine." At this, she gave Emm a look that she knew all too well. One that dried up every tear faster than any spell could have. There would be no candy if she kept this up. "On your feet, Munchkin." She coaxed, tugging her back to her feet with just enough force to help her of the ground. "Nice of you to worry, Mr..........." She let the sentence trail off, not actually knowing the man. "but it's quite the rehearsed act. One that obviously needs more work."

Old 11-25-2018, 11:12 AM   #144 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Harri Ainsworth
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Owen Montezor

Ministry RPG Name:
Beatrice Castell
Environmental Protection
x12

Gavin hesitantly straightened up.

He should just let it go, really. Just agree with the blonde and they could all go on their own merry ways. The two seemed to have their own dynamic which quite probably worked for them. But against his better judgment, the curse-breaker wanted a little more out of this interaction...if only because he was curious as to how someone who looked so alike acted and talked so different.

"Thorndike. Gavin Thorndike." Begrudgingly, he watched closely if saying his name had any effect whatsoever even though he already knew the negative answer. Another thing he wanted to say, "Don't you think you're being too tough on her?" And because he was somewhat stalling. "Is she your daughter?"

Old 11-26-2018, 10:59 AM   #145 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

Right. Thorndike. Didn't ring a bell. Didn't explain his earlier staring. Didn't explain his insistence on her daughter's well-being. If nothing else, it set the Head Auror on edge. It was hard to get rid of the constant vigilance and she wasn't trying to either. Her gut was one of her most useful tools and she never let her guard down, even when it wasn't acting up.

Lex deadpanned at him. it was just what she needed, someone else who decided they could have an opinion on what she did with her kid. As if the chatty mums at the dance studio weren't enough.

"I don't." She replied simply, rising to a proper standing position once more. "I won't molly coddle her and I won't stand by while she gives a pathetic performance. How will that help her later on? What will she gain from applause over a poor job?" Lex had seen Emmerson be more convincing. This...this she didn't know what it was but she'd help her get rid of it quickly.

The question of their relationship went unanswered. Alexa wasn't in the habit of disclosing information to complete strangers. "What's it to you?"

Old 11-26-2018, 11:51 AM   #146 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Harri Ainsworth
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Owen Montezor

Ministry RPG Name:
Beatrice Castell
Environmental Protection
x12

If earlier Gavin hadn't felt the hostility coming off from the woman in a myriad of waves, then he was most definitely feeling it now. And Gavin was smart enough to know that he had to take a step back. From the looks of her, he knew she had the capacity to flip him off, literally, if she wanted. Not that he was going to go down without a fight. But still a fierce, protective mother was one he wasn't willing to cross.

Letting out a breath, the ex-Durmstrang raised his arms in acquiescence. "Calm down. I'm not trying to fight you." Saying 'calm down' to make someone calm down was a lame way to go but he had to try. "I was merely asking out of curiosity," and maybe a little tiny bit of judgment. "And it may sound weird to you that a stranger is concerned about your daughter, if she is, but that is me right now."

A beat.

"And you just...you just look so much like my ex-wife is all."

Old 11-29-2018, 12:04 AM   #147 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

Lex raised a brow at his suggestion she calm down for the simple fact...that she was calm. Guarded about a stranger’s interest in her kid but otherwise...rather calm. Even her earlier explanation on not molly coddling was passed on with an air of near indifference. As annoying as she thought his questions to be, it took a bit more than that to rattle her feathers and set her own in any meaningful way. “I am calm.” She pointed out, in case he’d missed something or picked all the wrong signals to read.

Quite calm, especially with Emm back on her feet and over her little tantrum. So, no, she wasn’t trying to fight him either. Not unless he gave her real reason anyway.

“I’d be careful about that. Concern’s the quickest way to get yourself caught up in things you shouldn’t be sticking your nose in. Dangerous things. The sorts of things that have you turning up in different locations to be pieced back together.” Hardly a threat. She was merely being educational because it was legit. He wasn’t an Auror, no, she had a nose for that sort AND they were kinda hard to miss after a few years in the field. He was the sort that needed to be careful. “Could’ve kidnapped her. Could’ve been taking her someplace else. Getting involved like that, asking all those questions might set the wrong person off. Make you seem like another problem to be dealt with.” And that was how people went missing around these parts. She’d seen enough of it to know. Her job required her to stick her nose in. She lived for it but ....him....probably not so much so it was only fair to warn him.

Constant vigilance, y’know?

She almost snorted at the ex-wife thing but refrained, distracting herself by smoothing out the small head of blonde hair. “Got bites of her?” Because he did say ex. “Or was it the other way around?”

Old 11-29-2018, 01:04 PM   #148 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Harri Ainsworth
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Owen Montezor

Ministry RPG Name:
Beatrice Castell
Environmental Protection
x12

Nope. Definitely not like Rosalie...not even a tiny bit. This woman's definition of calm was a far cry from Gavin's. As in what, the calm before the storm? He didn't know what she did for a living, but in his field, close observation of the minute details was a prerequisite; he couldn't point it out quite yet due to her passive expression but he could feel an internal storm brewing or if she was a cursed ancient tome, early indications of a malediction's unraveling.

And if not that, well, maybe he was just reading too much into this. What he most certainly was not reading too much into was how she was willing to say anything just to get rid of him. He was getting in the way of a kidnapping when the other party was lovingly patting the younger girl?

Gavin scoffed.

"Ah, you don't have to worry about me, woman." Well, she didn't bother to offer her name. "I lead a dangerous life. You can even say I savor it. So go ahead, if I'm so much of a problem, then by all means you can try and deal with me here." Was he taunting her? Yes, but only slightly and only to emphasize the he was the kind of man who paid attention to the smallest of things, even if it was a simple acting out on a little girl's part. "Although may I just remind you that I am nothing but a concerned citizen so there's hardly any need for all this hostility."

Like how his confession was being taken. Gavin gritted his teeth. "Got bites of her?" he echoed, sighing through his nose. Just what was she trying to imply? "You know what? Forget it." This wasn't the reception he had expected. "Forget I said anything."

Last edited by Tazzie; 12-05-2018 at 06:51 AM.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:05 AM   #149 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Default Wrapping this one up so we can start something up whenever

This man was a strange one. He was other things too but none she could quite put her finger on in the moment. Whatever it was, he was something else for sure.

Lex raised a brow at him, not oblivious to the restless way Emm was shifting her weight from one foot to the next. She didn't blame her, they'd been on their way for ice-cream. Wouldn't take too long for the fake tears from earlier to return for real and they both knew the Head Auror had no patience for that....not that that ever seemed to get through to the five year old. "Riiiiggghhhhtttt....." Alexa said in deliberately slow manner after his little....er...speech of sorts. "I don't recommend inviting random strangers to have at you." It was clear in his response he'd entirely missed the point she'd been trying to bring across and she wasn't patient enough to explain it.

"But it's your life to gamble with and I've got a capable team that may or may not find whoever offs you for being nosier than you need to be." It depended really and sometimes it was more complicated than what people saw on the surface.

The tug on her arm came just after the man requested she forget his mention of his ex-wife. She had been interested to know if he'd grown tired of her or if she'd been the one tired of him but alas Emmerson Cambridge was making demands that would become verbal soon. "Easily done." She replied, doing her best to ignore the tugging. "Take care of yourself, even if your face would make a good front page." He seemed the sort for that type of thing. "We've got places to be." And with that she began nudging the little, blonde demon spawn forward--as if the little girl needed prompting to take off again.

« The Playground | - »