sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1379 users online including...
PhoenixRising , uralldmex , FlixexNit , Stevendalo , Evaxic , Svetlufy , Michailcgn , Svetlpuj , astrocat

10 members
1369 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Diagon Alley Archive > Middle Era Diagon Alley > Atticus's Attic First & Secondhand Music Shop

Atticus's Attic First & Secondhand Music Shop Explore the music, both magic and mundane, and maybe create some of your own. Who knows what new sounds you might find?

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 05-22-2016, 11:12 PM

Default The Music Tables

The most important area of the shop is also the largest and usually most jam-packed. Wide metal tables take up the majority of the shop, each one laden with albums both old and new in various forms. There are so many tables that they are very carefully set up to just barely allow enough space for customers to walk past each other in the makeshift aisles. The tables, while regularly fixed to the floor, have the added benefit of being able to be banished to the back room by the shopkeeper to open up the floor space for shows and events. Unfortunately, this means that with each visit, you may find yourself searching for the table you wish to find, as it could turn up in a different area each day.

All types of recording media can be found on these tables - some are full of records, their jackets carefully arranged to be flipped through without damaging the vinyl within. Others are stacked with cassette tapes, the spines of their plastic casings turned upward to display the names of bands and albums. More still bear old compact discs in their jewel cases, in mint condition unless labeled otherwise. While not as plentiful, 8-track tapes and shellac records can also be found as well; the appropriate devices to play all of these things, paired with large over-ear headphones, can also be found at each table.

While a great many of the tables are dedicated to well-known Muggle recording formats, a fair amount of them are also dedicated to "item albums" as well. Small boxes bearing a band and album name litter these tables, stacked together haphazardly; inside are items the size of a knut, varying in colour and shape dependent on the box's label. A single tap with a wand will cause the album to begin to play aloud; should one choose to, the album can also be stuck behind the ear to be played privately, so as to not disturb others.

Feel free to browse and sample music from bands both new & old, Muggle & Wizard. Just remember - you break it, you bought it, and some of the items could turn out to be fairly pricey.
Old 08-27-2018, 07:55 PM   #151 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Default Anna!
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Koen chuckled lightly in amusement. "Alright, deal. Only after I make sure you're back into the swing of things when we get back to school, okay?" All he needed was her getting hurt because she wasn't prepared or something. Maybe sometime in October after they had gotten back into the swing of things.

"A rubber chicken? Why? Is he a prankster?" It had to be likely that was the case. A rubber chicken wasn't your common everyday gift to give someone. Koen shrugged his shoulders. "I like a lot of different music." Some more calmer relaxed music and some louder music with awesome guitar and drum solos. "We'll have to see. I have no idea what I'll pick just yet." Something upbeat and that put him in a good mood for sure. Anna's laughter easily mixed with his own. "My guess is they like giving themselves a headache." What other reason was there for listening to that stuff? None, that's what.

Gosh she reminded him of his younger siblings and little cousins with her excitement! For some reason it always made him smile though. "That's amazing, Anna! I'm sure you'll be a terrific captain." Especially with her energy. Oh, yeah, he knew Abra. Good to know the guy was going to be returning and as a prefect. This was something he was going to keep in mind. It was always good knowing who the prefects were.

You are Bread!
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 11:03 PM   #152 (permalink)

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Koen chuckled lightly in amusement. "Alright, deal. Only after I make sure you're back into the swing of things when we get back to school, okay?" All he needed was her getting hurt because she wasn't prepared or something. Maybe sometime in October after they had gotten back into the swing of things.

"A rubber chicken? Why? Is he a prankster?" It had to be likely that was the case. A rubber chicken wasn't your common everyday gift to give someone. Koen shrugged his shoulders. "I like a lot of different music." Some more calmer relaxed music and some louder music with awesome guitar and drum solos. "We'll have to see. I have no idea what I'll pick just yet." Something upbeat and that put him in a good mood for sure. Anna's laughter easily mixed with his own. "My guess is they like giving themselves a headache." What other reason was there for listening to that stuff? None, that's what.

Gosh she reminded him of his younger siblings and little cousins with her excitement! For some reason it always made him smile though. "That's amazing, Anna! I'm sure you'll be a terrific captain." Especially with her energy. Oh, yeah, he knew Abra. Good to know the guy was going to be returning and as a prefect. This was something he was going to keep in mind. It was always good knowing who the prefects were.
Anna smiled, amused. "Alright, boss." She teased before laughing. Deep down, she knew he was looking out for her, so she wasn't going to protest. Besides, she had to make sure she wouldn't get injured this term at all because that'd be just terrible and would ruin literally everything. So yeah, no injuries, thanks.

"Yeah, and it makes this insane noise too. Annoying in quite a funny way. A very Matt thing, if you ask me." She explained nonchalantly as she resumed looking through the boxes to see if she found anything she was interested in. She smiled at the fact he didn't know what to pick just yet. "I don't either. Definitely the most upbeat song I can think of!" The Gryffindor said, sending him her signature cheeky grin. Aaand onto more laughing because they had the same opinion on that particular Witch singer. "Or those whose family is already so loud a few screeching banshees in the background won't make much of a difference." She said kind of meaning her family because they could be L.O.U.D, especially when all the cousins got together. Especially THAT particular cousin too. Not that Anna complained about it, being kind of loud herself. STILL. No Celestina Warbeck for her.

His next comment made her smile beam even more and she bounced on the balls of her feet. "Thanks! I hope so." She said, biting her bottom lip a few times before grinning again. She was NERVOUS but EXCITED at the same time. Probably more excited than nervous. "I can't wait to see who'll try out and what the team will be like!" AND she truly hoped they would win, but only time would tell.
Hey Ju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 02:17 AM   #153 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchyBubbles View Post
Kamryn gave Chase a soft smile as he greeted her and she once again had to check herself for heart flutters. She was mostly pleased with the result, only a few. Good. Looks like she was almost fully over him! She knew he liked Maeve, and she was just a friend.

She was just glad no one had ever found out! She really was the suffer in silence type.

She ran a hand through her light brown hair as he spoke and shot him a warm smile. “It’s going all right.”, though if she was truthful things weren’t fully all right. She was nervous about going back to school after the Inferi attack, especially with her brother not being there. It really seemed like she had been the only one of her friends who had been involved with the attack! A few of them hadn’t even known it was happening!

“I’m looking for a few old albums of muggle music that I really like, I’m hoping to find a cd or two.” She said with a nod. “How are you? Anything you are looking for in particular?” She asked softly.
Going all right? He wondered what all right meant. A pout half formed on his lips before he stopped himself as he thought about the very nature of such a phrase. The phrase itself could mean a series of things. It could be positive, neutral, or negative. Oh the English language -- how seemingly concealing it could be hiding its speaker's true intentions. He wondered if she was alright after the attack. Chase had been fortunate enough not to have any unfortunate encounters with the creatures. He paused, wondering if he should dig deeper into her comment. Instead he stopped himself and smiled.

If Kam said that she was alright, then she must have been. He smiled softly. "I'm just pursuing myself. Trying to find a new album to choreograph a dance too..." He could feel himself blushing as he informed her that he liked to dance. As he reached up to scratch the back of his head gently, he paused and then saw a certain blonde out of the corner of his eye. And then she was waving at him and Kam. Oh hey Maeve! He waved back and silently wondered who she was with. Who was THAT guy? Kinda curious but he turned his attention back to the lovely Kam.

He was ready for the dance club this year. With Lucas as the President and their fearless leader, Chase HAD to be prepared so he needed his practice. He couldn't show up to the first day being rusty. People would think that he had two left feet. And Chase Spenley certainly didn't have two left feet.

"Got any suggestions?"
Old 08-28-2018, 03:12 AM   #154 (permalink)

DMC & DMLE
Thestral

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solana Selwyn
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Selene Diana Evans
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy
Default Sorry..
Snow Miser | Munchy | Molly Hooper | T | Hey, you | Phantom | Mrs. Chris Evans | Brat Pack | Tristalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
Going all right? He wondered what all right meant. A pout half formed on his lips before he stopped himself as he thought about the very nature of such a phrase. The phrase itself could mean a series of things. It could be positive, neutral, or negative. Oh the English language -- how seemingly concealing it could be hiding its speaker's true intentions. He wondered if she was alright after the attack. Chase had been fortunate enough not to have any unfortunate encounters with the creatures. He paused, wondering if he should dig deeper into her comment. Instead he stopped himself and smiled.

If Kam said that she was alright, then she must have been. He smiled softly. "I'm just pursuing myself. Trying to find a new album to choreograph a dance too..." He could feel himself blushing as he informed her that he liked to dance. As he reached up to scratch the back of his head gently, he paused and then saw a certain blonde out of the corner of his eye. And then she was waving at him and Kam. Oh hey Maeve! He waved back and silently wondered who she was with. Who was THAT guy? Kinda curious but he turned his attention back to the lovely Kam.

He was ready for the dance club this year. With Lucas as the President and their fearless leader, Chase HAD to be prepared so he needed his practice. He couldn't show up to the first day being rusty. People would think that he had two left feet. And Chase Spenley certainly didn't have two left feet.

"Got any suggestions?"
Kamryn was glad Chase didn’t push about her being all right, and she bit her lip a little as she tried to pretend that things were all right, that she wasn’t scared about going back to school and that it didn’t at all sting standing here talking to a guy who didn’t like her. She thanked her lucky stars again that no one knew of her former feelings for Chase.. or anyone really. She much preferred to keep things to herself. It was just.. easier that way.

“Oh yeah? A dance? ” She asked and then her blue eyes took in his wave and she bit her lip and turned her head to see Maeve there talking to someone.. Oh.

Kamryn’s face fell and she swallowed and ran a hand through her hair as she looked around a bit. She was obviously holding Chase back from being with the girl he liked and she bit her lip and fidgeted a bit. Got to love real world reminders that she was indeed not even close to being good enough. Not for Chase, not for Frankie, not for anyone.

“You should go say hi.” Kam’s voice was soft as she looked at Chase. “I was almost done anyways. ” She said quickly as an excuse to exit stage left before she started to cry. “I’ll see you around yeah?” She said as she started to edge away.
MunchyBubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 03:42 AM   #155 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchyBubbles View Post
Kamryn was glad Chase didn’t push about her being all right, and she bit her lip a little as she tried to pretend that things were all right, that she wasn’t scared about going back to school and that it didn’t at all sting standing here talking to a guy who didn’t like her. She thanked her lucky stars again that no one knew of her former feelings for Chase.. or anyone really. She much preferred to keep things to herself. It was just.. easier that way.

“Oh yeah? A dance? ” She asked and then her blue eyes took in his wave and she bit her lip and turned her head to see Maeve there talking to someone.. Oh.

Kamryn’s face fell and she swallowed and ran a hand through her hair as she looked around a bit. She was obviously holding Chase back from being with the girl he liked and she bit her lip and fidgeted a bit. Got to love real world reminders that she was indeed not even close to being good enough. Not for Chase, not for Frankie, not for anyone.

“You should go say hi.” Kam’s voice was soft as she looked at Chase. “I was almost done anyways. ” She said quickly as an excuse to exit stage left before she started to cry. “I’ll see you around yeah?” She said as she started to edge away.
Chase was excited when’s kam seemed intrigued by him looking at music to dance too but it all changed so rapidly. He looked back to her and saw Kam looking at him. He blinked. What? She was almost done? She was.... He blushed at the thought and then awakened LT paused. He eyed Maeve and then shook his head. He wasn’t even sure if she felt the same way about him. Perhaps it was silly pining after a close friend besides if they did date (which was a big IF because who knew if she could even like him?! I mean he was Chase Spenley after all... laaaadies. Laaaadies . Anyway- he was unsure. And here he was losing Kam as she was trying to avoid him.

He reached out and grabbed her arm gently. “Don’t go. I want to spend some time with you too, y’know. It’s not often you get to run into a friend at a music store...” His gaze softened when he realized that perhaps he was the one holding her up now. “Unless you have plans and I’m keeping you....” Now he felt incredibly awkward and awful as if he had done something wrong.

You can’t leave without finding a song.
Old 08-28-2018, 04:28 PM   #156 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Default Anna!
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Boss. Oh, dear Merlin that made him sound... old. Shaking his head he laughed. "Just so I'm not a bossy boss, right?" No one enjoyed having someone else boss them around. Not that he would do that to her so she had nothing to worry about.

"My younger siblings would probably enjoy it then." The three little ones liked most things that made loud noises or repeatedly playing music and flashed lights and colors. "Yeah cause what you need is something to make you even more hyper," Koen teased lightly. As if that was even possible. "If that's the case I should love that music then, my house is noisy a lot... especially when Hady comes with her kids and my uncles comes over with his kids too." When they're all together that makes twelve little kids. Twelve kids under the age of six. It gets LOUD.

Seeing the excitement on his friends face made him smile. "Don't worry I'm sure you'll have a great team this term." If she had the team train and practice half as hard as she normally did on her own they would be fine.

You are Bread!
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote

« Front Counter | - »