sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 237 users online including...
apcheapjacket , Shanners , nnelambkarutha , oncoontzvane , Moriarty , jes_clyku , AlwaysSnapesGirl , tprycerober , arainielatr , Connie

28 members
209 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Diagon Alley > South Side > Ollivanders


Ollivanders The wand chooses the wizard. Come inside and let one of our finest magical instruments select you today.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-23-2018, 06:00 PM
Zoe Zoe is offline
 
Default Wand Fitting


Just as you enter the shop, in between all the chaos that may or may not have been going on, is a rather open area with a measuring tape that seems to be hovering in mid air. It wiggles and flies around, ready to measure the next customer to walk into it's range. The measuring tape will eagerly measure your height, the reach of your arm, and maybe even other strange measurements to help the wandmakers find the best wand for you.

In front of the counter there is the empty space that is designated as the fitting area. Here is where wands are fitted. After being measured by the magical measuring tape, you will be assisted by a worker who will then endeavor to fit you with your perfect wand and start pulling boxes from the shelves, which stretch back impossibly far and up so high that even the tallest people have to tip their head back to see the tops.

Long sliding ladders are attached to every stretch of shelves, and the wandmakers make great use of these to reach those wands which are tucked away high up. There seems to be a filing system of sorts, some kind of method to the madness, though most of the boxes are unmarked. Is it a colour code? Or is it shape? size? smell? Something else? Well you'll never know unless you get a job here. Luckily, and out of sheer necessity, these shelves have been bespelled so that wandboxes are not in danger of flying everywhere due to errant spells cast by children wielding their new wands.

Text Cut: Wand Fitting Instructions - PLEASE READ FIRST!
Instructions

⌦ In order to receive a wand, please take the WAND QUIZ ONCE for the character who is here for a wand. Then, post your character being measured by the "magical measuring tape" ONCE in this thread. This thread is not one where you should interact with others, one post here please! It serves as our queue!

See the example post below, or look at other posts in this thread from previous terms.

Text Cut: Example Post
Jessica went into Ollivanders with more than her share of nerves, it was time for her first wand! The eleven year old made her way over to the measuring area and waited for her turn. Soon enough the measuring tape reached her and began zipping about, straightening with a snap and measuring out her height and, when she held her arms out, she watched it take a measurement of how long they were too. Fun! Did that mean her wand would be as big as her whole arm?

The girl stepped away from the measuring area and she eagerly waited for the shopkeeper to find her wand.

⌦ Please take the SORTING QUIZ first and wait to be placed in your house before taking the wand quiz! Your house effects your final wand in our quiz! This goes for current members who are re-sorting too, though you may take the quiz in advance if you know what your new house will be.

⌦ You may role play the magical measuring tape, but you may not role play for the shopkeepers. Ollivander does not work here!

⌦ After submitting the wand quiz and posting in this thread, please wait for a shop worker to assist you and your character in finding their perfect wand match. You must RP to get your wand.

⌦ Please do not stretch the wand fitting experience out too long, it should not take more than three tries at an absolute maximum to find your character's match.

If we run out of time to complete the RP with you by the end of the RP summer, we will PM or VM your wand result to you, provided you have posted in this thread and responded to our efforts to interact with you.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM Tegz and she'll try to answer your questions as quickly and efficiently as she can.

⌦ Have fun!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 05:56 PM   #76 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DMAC & DoM
Kappa
 
Roselyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Western US
Posts: 14,667

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Andromeda Flamsteed
First Year
x9 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Margaret Ward
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Tahnia Romanos
Mysteries
Default
Super Slytherin Buddy | | ⅓ She-Snake Trio | | a normal girl with normal knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post
It was nice seeing parents get so excited. Ramiel shot the man a smile but then watched the child closely as she took the wand... and..... ah. No. Pity. Ram vanished the puff of smoke and picked up the discarded wand, carefully stowing it in its box once more. It would find a home eventually, but not with this young girl.

"Alright, no trouble. Lets give the other one a whirl." He offered it to her.
The second wand. That was a thing. She was distinctively more uncertain about this one than the first. Granted, the smoke was gone, but she still kept a bit of a three-foot safe distance as she reached for the second wand. Rules were rules when it came to certain things, and as much as she'd like to have learned wandless magic already due to that performance, she had to have the training wheels.

In the form of... this wand... hopefully.

Grasping the handle, she let out the breath she was holding still, relief hugging her like a blanket as she did so. Air was good for her lungs for one, but this one felt better. Not as cold. No immediate explosions. There was still slight skepticism though, so giving a simple flick of the wand had her shoulders tensed up to her ears, ready to flinch away if needed to save her eyebrows, but the slow drift of a handful of small twinkling stars that floated down from the tip of the wand and disappearing before they touched the ground was...

Well, Andromeda didn't do much as she stared at them until they were all gone, before looking up to the shopkeeper.

Yes, please?
__________________

______________________4th Year Slytherin______________________
Roselyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 05:57 PM   #77 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

DMT
Dugbog
 
Fireheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 104

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Avalon Sinclair
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Grae Fairfield
Transportation
Default

SPOILER!!: Avalon & Ram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post
Ram grabbed one of the nice wooden wandboxes for the girl and packaged it up before tallying and taking the galleons she counted out.

"Of course, personality is a big part of how wands match, but its also a question of balance. Wands are quasi-sentient, have you, ah, heard this term before?" Ram said, addressing her question as he packaged her purchases up. "The state of quasi-sentience exists because wands often seem to have their own idea about how a spell ought to be cast, and whether or not the magic will work as intended." He explained, and pushed his glasses up on the bridge of his nose with one finger.

"It is interesting to see how the various affinities, as influenced by the balance of wood and core, actually manifest in an individual's spellwork, but before that we take into account the magical resonance of any given wand alongside the resonance and intent of its wielder. You'll find that a balance is required there too, a balance in both physical fit, and in magical fit, you might say." He slid her package across the counter.

"The measurements that we take have been proven over hundreds of years to have correlations with how the components of the wand balance together and with any one witch or wizard. Its rather complicated. There are formulas of all sorts that can be used for a more scientific and logical approach, but I find that intuition is as important as anything else when it comes to making a match." And... he was getting carried away, especially given this was a conversation with an eleven year old. Goodness. Ram smiled a bit sheepishly.

"If you're interested in the topic, I suggest reading' The Will, The Word, and the Wand : A Compendium of British Wandlore' by Ira Banner," Who incidentally was Ollivanders current owner, Ram was simply employed to work in the store and deal with customers, something that Mr Banner was terrible at, "And 'A Look at Quasi-Sentience' by Gervaise Ollivander. The Hogwarts library should hold copies of both."Of course he sold the books there too but it was a bit much for a kid. Perhaps one day she'd develop her interest and want to learn about wandmaking herself!

Quasi-what? Avalon had never heard that term before, but from what the man was saying about wands having their own ideas, she figured it had something to do with awareness. She listened intently as he talked about wand affinities. Most of his words went straight over her head -- he had such an astute way of speaking. She nodded anyway, understanding a few of his ideas here and there. Avalon couldn't help but smile when he gave her book recommendations. She loved finding new books to read, but she was relatively sure that she wouldn't be able to fully comprehend those two. Nevertheless, she was grateful that the man was so willing to answer her questions.

"Wow, I didn't know it was so complicated," Avalon said, taking the package as the wandmaker slid it across the counter. "It's definitely a fascinating topic. Maybe I'll learn more about it at Hogwarts." She gave him a wave before turning to go. "Thank you so much, sir. I'm so excited about my new wand!"
Fireheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:23 PM   #78 (permalink)



DMGS & DMLE
Granian
 
Optimist.Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Amongst the Stars
Posts: 21,310

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gráinne Ní Fhearghall
First Year

x10

Ministry RPG Name:
Amelia Yarborough
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Logan McNevin
Law Enforcement
Default its all good
Holistic Actress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post
"Well you're welcome." Ram said, counting the coins into the cash register. It was always a pleasure to match a wand after all, and Ram was enjoying it immensely.

"If you're wanting to wait for your sister you are welcome to sit and help yourself to a cup of tea." He gestured to where there were a whole lot of parents waiting for their own children to get fitted for wands. He nodded in friendly dismissal.

[...all of the waiting...]

Finishing up with the children that preceded her, Ramiel finally beckoned the overeager twin (Optimist.Prime) to step to the front. He beckoned the measuring tape closer too and took a look at the measurements. He considered them and then adding in the factors he'd already gotten to know via her somewhat obnoxious interruptions earlier he went to the stacks to select some potential wands for her to test.

He offered the first one.

"Take this and give it a swish."
Graínne watched as Aoife was handed her purchase and even more intently watched as the shop keeper told Aoife about the tea…maybe that’d be more fitting if it were Butterbeer that was Aoife’s drink of choice. Still, even now as Gráinne was now measured she stood there, watching as people ahead of her were waited on…and she waited at one point she’d managed to sneak closer to the tea while waiting and watching the shopkeeper explain how wands were made to another girl.

She only looked at the tea before walking back over and glancing at the size of the line. Still long still very long, and so she found herself leaning on her tip toes to look at all of the displays. Still within earshot, still clearly watching the shopkeeper in what could only be described as anxious amazement…really, wands were brilliant.

Maybe, maybe one day she’d make them and get to tell overly excited kids to wait, and wait and wait and keep on waiting and waiting and waiting until waiting seemed like the only thing they were ever really born to do. That wasn’t how she felt though, she was rather enjoying the waiting. She’d even had enough time to examine the tea options…which she likely would partake if Áine ever arrived. Gráinne was almost lost in her own mind wondering what her wand would look like when suddenly, there was a wand in front of her to test out. ”…oh?” the last she’d seen he had been trying to help a girl that was waiting to be attended to…but now it was her turn.

Reaching forward Gráinne took the offered wand, ”thank you, its rather beautiful” she added before giving it a swift flick. The reaction wasn’t exactly what she had been expecting, not in the least. Really, she hadn’t been expecting much of anything, least of all an explosion of chicken feathers flying around the store. ”sorry, I didn’t mean to” she blinked as she tried to catch as many of the feathers as she could.

She didn’t want to get in trouble for littering in his store or anything like that. Now, that, that would be rude.
__________________

DON'T LET THOSE LO S E R S TAKE YOUR MAGIC, BABY xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxx
DO YOUR THING DON'T CARE IF WE MAKE 'EM JEALOUS
xxxxx
Optimist.Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 01:49 AM   #79 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Minister for Magic
Newbie & Fanfiction Mod



DoM & MO
Pogrebin
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 33,097

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fourth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

SPOILER!!: The Wandmaker & our daughter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselyn View Post
Andromeda crossed her arms behind her back as she waited, eyebrows raising from spotting the TWO boxes the owner brought. TWO? Attempts to decipher what each one may be were futile as the outside looked the same. Plus the shopkeeper was staring at her... in which she just stared blankly back.

... Was... she supposed to choose one?

No. This was it. The moment. She almost couldn't move her arms, but finally found herself reaching out to grasp the wand, pausing momentarily to glance to her Dad who had spoken up. She'd shoot for Pluto if she had to! Grasping the wand, her heart soared, beating quickly as she gingerly held it. Was THIS the one?! The light feeling? The wings surrounding her body feeling? The head-spinning feeling? Was all this a sign this would be hers forever?!

A resounding 'POOF' after a simple wave of the wand made her jump and drop the wooden instrument as black smoke rose to the ceiling in front of her. Taking several steps backward towards her dad away from the intrusion to her oxygen supply so she didn't suck it in, her heart raced out of shock rather than anticipation. Must've been an anxiety issue rather than 'the one' moment.

"No... thank you."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz
It was nice seeing parents get so excited. Ramiel shot the man a smile but then watched the child closely as she took the wand... and..... ah. No. Pity. Ram vanished the puff of smoke and picked up the discarded wand, carefully stowing it in its box once more. It would find a home eventually, but not with this young girl.

"Alright, no trouble. Lets give the other one a whirl." He offered it to her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselyn View Post
The second wand. That was a thing. She was distinctively more uncertain about this one than the first. Granted, the smoke was gone, but she still kept a bit of a three-foot safe distance as she reached for the second wand. Rules were rules when it came to certain things, and as much as she'd like to have learned wandless magic already due to that performance, she had to have the training wheels.

In the form of... this wand... hopefully.

Grasping the handle, she let out the breath she was holding still, relief hugging her like a blanket as she did so. Air was good for her lungs for one, but this one felt better. Not as cold. No immediate explosions. There was still slight skepticism though, so giving a simple flick of the wand had her shoulders tensed up to her ears, ready to flinch away if needed to save her eyebrows, but the slow drift of a handful of small twinkling stars that floated down from the tip of the wand and disappearing before they touched the ground was...

Well, Andromeda didn't do much as she stared at them until they were all gone, before looking up to the shopkeeper.

Yes, please?

If he had heard her mention Pluto, the astronomer would have almost been willing to bet that his daughter was sassing him. But as it were he did not and therefore he could focus, mostly, carefree on her first wand pairing attempt. He could recall his own time quite vividly still. Had taken the good part of an hour to match him properly...which likely had to do with his irrationally short attention span at the time. He, later on in life, assumed that this had to do with some disturbances in the flow of the wizarding equivalent of midi-chlorians. What a rubbish term. Star Trek never had such rubbish lingo thrown out there so haphazardly.

What was that about focusing on his daughter? Oh yes.

His brow furrowed and knotted as smoke emitted from her wand, though quickly dealt with. NO MATTER! As the great Albert Einstein once said, a person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. And this certainly was new and merely a slight hiccup in the process. Full faith in the wandmaker - how in Orion's belt they knew how to pair wands with people was beyond him - he smiled encouragingly at his daughter as she was presented with another option. What WAS the process behind the selection and suggestion? Did black smoke, besides it obviously not being a match, signify anything? Did it correspond to core, wood, or length? What was the scientific method behind this magical process? What ----

And then Andromeda's wand began producing the most exquisite of possibilities: a literally river of stars. The Milky Way. Milky Way's Galactic Center in the night sky as viewed from Earth. It was astronomical perfection and he may have, just MAY HAVE, become a bit misty eyed.

He had PLANNED for this moment, the exact exclamation he was going to shout and embarrass praise his daughter...but nothing came out. It was very much like the day the moment, she had been born. In another rare instance, a total solar eclipse level rarity, Airey Flamsteed had been rendered speechless.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post
Suddenly the measuring tape, which was minding its own business, was pulled backwards and away from another child that it had been measuring and its end was SUCKED into the tip of the wand. Tergeo'd! Ram reacted quickly, catching the measuring tape's other end looked at the wand in astonishment. Well. He'd not known that Tergeo could be used in such a way! Even if it wasn't on purpose, of course. Carefully he took the wand and gave it a little shake, pulling the measuring tape loose. The measuring tape, traumatized and shuddering, wrapped itself around Ram, looking for reassurance. He put the wand away and offered the little girl another.

"Don't worry! Its alright, try this one." And meanwhile he'd try to reassure the measuring tape and send it back to work again.
Having seen mum perform that spell SO MANY times, Becky had performed it with a naive sort of confidence. A confidence that was given a proper jostle when she saw the measuring tape summoned to her. She could almost hear the slurping sounds, like when eating soup, the wand could have made as it sucked up the enchanted object. Eyes wide in shock, the 11-year-old squeaked and nearly dropped the wand entirely. Or rather, she would have dropped it if Ramiel had not been so close by and masterfully handling the situation.

"Oh no...I'm so terribly sorry! I didn't mean to. I will try to be more careful...maybe no cleaning magic next try..." she exclaimed, eyes focused on the tape and not the wandmaker in this instance. "Why did it do that?" she asked of him curiously, though always easily satisfied with any answer given to her. Most of the time.

Feeling a little less confident but no less eager, she eyed the next wand offered to her and took it without much hesitation. Repeating as she had done the last time. both palms flat and with the wand balance between the two, she studied it for a moment. It felt...lighter? Lighter than the last one? But now that she couldn't, or thought she couldn't, perform cleaning magic without it costing the measuring tape...Becky was mulling over some other options.

One in particular came to mind. One her brother would often perform whenever she started asking him questions about what he was working on or who Missa was or when she was going to get to meet Missa proper or if he would help her with the bigger words in her books...or really any time she interrupted him doing anything. It was really super nice of him to conjure birds, her favorite, for her. She was always pleased and preoccupied for hours chasing them around the house and backyard!

Finally taking the wand again in wandhand, she took a deeeeeeeeep breath and held it for a few counts before letting it out slowly. Part of the breathing techniques Uncle Ryu had taught them!

And then, with a calm flick of this wand, she THOUGHT the spell rather than speaking it.

Vibrant colors from lush green to warm pink to blinding turquoise popped out of the tip of the wand one by one. At first looking like orbs of bright light, they soon took on the shape of pinky finger sized glittery hummingbirds than then began zipping around the shop.
__________________


like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion.............
like how a single word can make a heart open...................
I might only have one match but I can make an explosion.............
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 02:20 AM   #80 (permalink)


DMC
Gnome
 
SneakySeverusSnape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Earth, obviously.
Posts: 342

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Analiese E. Allanach-Senchuri
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Giovanni F. Montanari
Magical Creatures
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post
And the deal was done, she was paid and her purchases were all hers. Ram was about to wish the girl well when she asked a biiiig question. He chuckled a bit sheepishly.

"Well that's an impossible question to answer easily or quickly. It takes years of learning how to be a wandmaker. If you're curious perhaps you can take a look at a book about it, its fascinating stuff. They should have some basic books about wandmaking at Flourish and Blotts. The ones I have are a little more advanced I'm afraid, and may not be all that illuminating."
"I was just wondering because I want to be a wandmaker myself when I grow up.", Analiese explained. Was it just her or did her statement sound very childish? Analiese wasn't the person for childish behaviour. She would be one of the most mature people you've ever met. While being fun as well, of course. "I'll see Flourish and Blotts for wandmaking books then. And I might check the library at Hogwarts when I'm there.", she said.
__________________
Analiese-Sig.jpg
SneakySeverusSnape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 11:07 AM   #81 (permalink)
Admin
Community Admin
Quibbler Mod




DMAC & DMLE
Fairy
 
Tegz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hobbiton
Posts: 23,283

Hogwarts RPG Name:
CC Beryl
Graduated

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Rustin Killick
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Angelo Toussaint
Law Enforcement

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ramiel Isaak Skeres
Ollivanders Wand Shop
Default
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceOfHallows View Post
Lana jumped when she realized she was being spoken to. "Yes, this is my first wand. Sorry about that...just excited to be here, that's all." She blushed a bright red and grinned sheepishly, not seeing the slight frowns on her parents' faces.
"It IS exciting." Ram said agreeably. "Here now, hold still while the measuring tape gets your measurements." And he didn't need to do a thing to make that happen, given the measuring tape was enchanted to flit around the girl and take all sorts of seemingly strange measurements.

SPOILER!!: Flamsteeds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselyn View Post
The second wand. That was a thing. She was distinctively more uncertain about this one than the first. Granted, the smoke was gone, but she still kept a bit of a three-foot safe distance as she reached for the second wand. Rules were rules when it came to certain things, and as much as she'd like to have learned wandless magic already due to that performance, she had to have the training wheels.

In the form of... this wand... hopefully.

Grasping the handle, she let out the breath she was holding still, relief hugging her like a blanket as she did so. Air was good for her lungs for one, but this one felt better. Not as cold. No immediate explosions. There was still slight skepticism though, so giving a simple flick of the wand had her shoulders tensed up to her ears, ready to flinch away if needed to save her eyebrows, but the slow drift of a handful of small twinkling stars that floated down from the tip of the wand and disappearing before they touched the ground was...

Well, Andromeda didn't do much as she stared at them until they were all gone, before looking up to the shopkeeper.

Yes, please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

If he had heard her mention Pluto, the astronomer would have almost been willing to bet that his daughter was sassing him. But as it were he did not and therefore he could focus, mostly, carefree on her first wand pairing attempt. He could recall his own time quite vividly still. Had taken the good part of an hour to match him properly...which likely had to do with his irrationally short attention span at the time. He, later on in life, assumed that this had to do with some disturbances in the flow of the wizarding equivalent of midi-chlorians. What a rubbish term. Star Trek never had such rubbish lingo thrown out there so haphazardly.

What was that about focusing on his daughter? Oh yes.

His brow furrowed and knotted as smoke emitted from her wand, though quickly dealt with. NO MATTER! As the great Albert Einstein once said, a person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. And this certainly was new and merely a slight hiccup in the process. Full faith in the wandmaker - how in Orion's belt they knew how to pair wands with people was beyond him - he smiled encouragingly at his daughter as she was presented with another option. What WAS the process behind the selection and suggestion? Did black smoke, besides it obviously not being a match, signify anything? Did it correspond to core, wood, or length? What was the scientific method behind this magical process? What ----

And then Andromeda's wand began producing the most exquisite of possibilities: a literally river of stars. The Milky Way. Milky Way's Galactic Center in the night sky as viewed from Earth. It was astronomical perfection and he may have, just MAY HAVE, become a bit misty eyed.

He had PLANNED for this moment, the exact exclamation he was going to shout and embarrass praise his daughter...but nothing came out. It was very much like the day the moment, she had been born. In another rare instance, a total solar eclipse level rarity, Airey Flamsteed had been rendered speechless.


"Well it looks like we've found you a wand." Ram said. "And a lovely one. 11 1/4 inch fragile vine with demiguise hair core. Vine wands are nearly always matched with those witches or wizards who seek a greater purpose, who have a vision beyond the ordinary and who frequently astound those who think they know them best. They are strongly attracted to individuals with hidden depths and tend to be rather sensitive to the 'right' individual, reliable sources claim that these wands can emit magical effects upon the mere entrance into their room of a suitable owner. The dual masculine and feminine nature of Vine wands allow for a balance and a clearness of purpose and focus which is fitting for ambitious and intelligent owners, who have a direction and a goal in mind. Demiguise is particularly excellent for transfiguration spells, vanishment, banishing, and delicate and finicky work. The same individuals who have an affinity for occlumency tend to bond with wands made from this core. Once mastered, these wands can disguise themselves so that only its wielder will be able to easily see it, making them very difficult to steal" He said. She seemed the kind of child who would like to know these things, and he was certain her father would be listening in very closely too.

"10 galleons, 4 sickles. Will you be wanting any accessories for that one?"


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireheart View Post
Quasi-what? Avalon had never heard that term before, but from what the man was saying about wands having their own ideas, she figured it had something to do with awareness. She listened intently as he talked about wand affinities. Most of his words went straight over her head -- he had such an astute way of speaking. She nodded anyway, understanding a few of his ideas here and there. Avalon couldn't help but smile when he gave her book recommendations. She loved finding new books to read, but she was relatively sure that she wouldn't be able to fully comprehend those two. Nevertheless, she was grateful that the man was so willing to answer her questions.

"Wow, I didn't know it was so complicated," Avalon said, taking the package as the wandmaker slid it across the counter. "It's definitely a fascinating topic. Maybe I'll learn more about it at Hogwarts." She gave him a wave before turning to go. "Thank you so much, sir. I'm so excited about my new wand!"
"Its very complicated," Ram agreed somewhat apologetically. It certainly wasn't an area you could become an expert in overnight. "If you are interested, pace yourself with learning about it - it won't happen overnight! And especially pay attention to your Herbology, and Care of Magical Creatures lessons. And Arithmancy and Ancient Runes when you begin those." He said cheerfully. "Best of luck at Hogwarts."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist.Prime View Post

Maybe, maybe one day she’d make them and get to tell overly excited kids to wait, and wait and wait and keep on waiting and waiting and waiting until waiting seemed like the only thing they were ever really born to do. That wasn’t how she felt though, she was rather enjoying the waiting. She’d even had enough time to examine the tea options…which she likely would partake if Áine ever arrived. Gráinne was almost lost in her own mind wondering what her wand would look like when suddenly, there was a wand in front of her to test out. ”…oh?” the last she’d seen he had been trying to help a girl that was waiting to be attended to…but now it was her turn.

Reaching forward Gráinne took the offered wand, ”thank you, its rather beautiful” she added before giving it a swift flick. The reaction wasn’t exactly what she had been expecting, not in the least. Really, she hadn’t been expecting much of anything, least of all an explosion of chicken feathers flying around the store. ”sorry, I didn’t mean to” she blinked as she tried to catch as many of the feathers as she could.

She didn’t want to get in trouble for littering in his store or anything like that. Now, that, that would be rude.

She was lucky he wasn't making her begin her wait all over again given she left the line. Who did that, honestly? How strange was it that one of these twins appeared to have been brought up with manners and the other was lacking? All the same, he was going to do his best to match her with a wand that was just as good of a match for her as the other had been for her sister. Remaining pleasantly and politely upbeat, Ramiel watched the sudden conjuring of chicken feathers (now wasn't that interesting?) and shook his head. "Don't be sorry! Seems like it likes you well enough." Or nothing would have happened, or something far more dangerously or obnoxiously explosive. Either way, feathers wasn't a bad result.

"You have there 10 2/3 inch swishy alder with phoenix feather core. 9 Galleons, 4 sickles." "


Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Having seen mum perform that spell SO MANY times, Becky had performed it with a naive sort of confidence. A confidence that was given a proper jostle when she saw the measuring tape summoned to her. She could almost hear the slurping sounds, like when eating soup, the wand could have made as it sucked up the enchanted object. Eyes wide in shock, the 11-year-old squeaked and nearly dropped the wand entirely. Or rather, she would have dropped it if Ramiel had not been so close by and masterfully handling the situation.

"Oh no...I'm so terribly sorry! I didn't mean to. I will try to be more careful...maybe no cleaning magic next try..." she exclaimed, eyes focused on the tape and not the wandmaker in this instance. "Why did it do that?" she asked of him curiously, though always easily satisfied with any answer given to her. Most of the time.

Feeling a little less confident but no less eager, she eyed the next wand offered to her and took it without much hesitation. Repeating as she had done the last time. both palms flat and with the wand balance between the two, she studied it for a moment. It felt...lighter? Lighter than the last one? But now that she couldn't, or thought she couldn't, perform cleaning magic without it costing the measuring tape...Becky was mulling over some other options.

One in particular came to mind. One her brother would often perform whenever she started asking him questions about what he was working on or who Missa was or when she was going to get to meet Missa proper or if he would help her with the bigger words in her books...or really any time she interrupted him doing anything. It was really super nice of him to conjure birds, her favorite, for her. She was always pleased and preoccupied for hours chasing them around the house and backyard!

Finally taking the wand again in wandhand, she took a deeeeeeeeep breath and held it for a few counts before letting it out slowly. Part of the breathing techniques Uncle Ryu had taught them!

And then, with a calm flick of this wand, she THOUGHT the spell rather than speaking it.

Vibrant colors from lush green to warm pink to blinding turquoise popped out of the tip of the wand one by one. At first looking like orbs of bright light, they soon took on the shape of pinky finger sized glittery hummingbirds than then began zipping around the shop.
It was nice to watch, and honestly Ram could see the moment when the wand and the girl found each other, even before the pretty little birds came from the wand's tip. He adjusted his glasses and watched them for a bit before turning his attention back to the girl. Hopefully the girl's father was watching- that was not a moment that could be repeated.

"Well then, that's a bit better isn't it? 11 3/4 inch robust apple with clabbert tooth core. An unusual combination of wood and core. 11 galleons 2 sickles. Are you wanting any accessories?"


Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySeverusSnape View Post
"I was just wondering because I want to be a wandmaker myself when I grow up.", Analiese explained. Was it just her or did her statement sound very childish? Analiese wasn't the person for childish behaviour. She would be one of the most mature people you've ever met. While being fun as well, of course. "I'll see Flourish and Blotts for wandmaking books then. And I might check the library at Hogwarts when I'm there.", she said.
"Well that's an admirable goal! But then, I'm ah, just a little biased." Ram said. "You really should - Hogwarts especially has a lovely library." And she'd either get tired of the topic and the amount of work it would take to become a wandmaker, or she'd find hours and hours on end worth of reading to do and that was only a beginning. "All the best at school!"
__________________
"Let's do get help"_____Makers of Fine Wands since 382 B.C _____get your Scorose fix

That lunatic rag of Xenophilius Lovegood's?!?!? __ ⚕️__ᛁᚠ•ᛃᚢ•ᚲᚨᚾ•ᚱᛖᚨᛞ•ᚦᛁᛋ•ᛃᚢᚱ•ᛏᚢ•ᚲᛚᛟᛋ
Tegz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 12:15 AM   #82 (permalink)


DMC
Gnome
 
SneakySeverusSnape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Earth, obviously.
Posts: 342

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Analiese E. Allanach-Senchuri
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Giovanni F. Montanari
Magical Creatures
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post
"Well that's an admirable goal! But then, I'm ah, just a little biased." Ram said. "You really should - Hogwarts especially has a lovely library." And she'd either get tired of the topic and the amount of work it would take to become a wandmaker, or she'd find hours and hours on end worth of reading to do and that was only a beginning. "All the best at school!"
"That's what everyone says to me, sir, when I mention I hope to be a wandmaker.", Analiese said. People thought that she was aiming too high. They were also a bit too biased, like the winemaker said he was. Analiese ignored them and followed her grandmother Kerensa's advice. Follow your dream, even if others laugh, she used to say. "Either that or I hope working as an Auror."
__________________
Analiese-Sig.jpg
SneakySeverusSnape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:15 PM   #83 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DMAC & DoM
Kappa
 
Roselyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Western US
Posts: 14,667

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Andromeda Flamsteed
First Year
x9 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Margaret Ward
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Tahnia Romanos
Mysteries
Default
Super Slytherin Buddy | | ⅓ She-Snake Trio | | a normal girl with normal knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post
"Well it looks like we've found you a wand." Ram said. "And a lovely one. 11 1/4 inch fragile vine with demiguise hair core. Vine wands are nearly always matched with those witches or wizards who seek a greater purpose, who have a vision beyond the ordinary and who frequently astound those who think they know them best. They are strongly attracted to individuals with hidden depths and tend to be rather sensitive to the 'right' individual, reliable sources claim that these wands can emit magical effects upon the mere entrance into their room of a suitable owner. The dual masculine and feminine nature of Vine wands allow for a balance and a clearness of purpose and focus which is fitting for ambitious and intelligent owners, who have a direction and a goal in mind. Demiguise is particularly excellent for transfiguration spells, vanishment, banishing, and delicate and finicky work. The same individuals who have an affinity for occlumency tend to bond with wands made from this core. Once mastered, these wands can disguise themselves so that only its wielder will be able to easily see it, making them very difficult to steal" He said. She seemed the kind of child who would like to know these things, and he was certain her father would be listening in very closely too.

"10 galleons, 4 sickles. Will you be wanting any accessories for that one?"
This was the one, THAT she knew, but all this new other information regarding her wand was something she was soaking up like the pull of a black hole. Upon hearing about vine wands having a tendency towards ambitious and intelligent owners, Andromeda glanced back to her father, a small smile on her face. Beaming perhaps even, but small. She did quite like the sound of that, and even more so to learn that demiguise core owners have an affinity for occlumency. Mother dabbled in the art. Just wait till she heard about that!

Perhaps some lessons before school term?

Theoretical... of course.

BUT NEVERMIND. Her gaze transferred to the list of offerings at the shop, and a quick scan through the items had her deciding in seconds. "Can I have a holster? And a wand polish... and the conditioning and strengthening oil, aaand the waterproof and fireproof rubs? And the protection salve and barrier oil?... and nice case?" She looked back at her father. Much serious.

"To keep the wand in perfect condition for studies."
__________________

______________________4th Year Slytherin______________________
Roselyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 10:39 AM   #84 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Minister for Magic
Newbie & Fanfiction Mod



DoM & MO
Pogrebin
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 33,097

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fourth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

SPOILER!!: bye bye paycheck? lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post
"Well it looks like we've found you a wand." Ram said. "And a lovely one. 11 1/4 inch fragile vine with demiguise hair core. Vine wands are nearly always matched with those witches or wizards who seek a greater purpose, who have a vision beyond the ordinary and who frequently astound those who think they know them best. They are strongly attracted to individuals with hidden depths and tend to be rather sensitive to the 'right' individual, reliable sources claim that these wands can emit magical effects upon the mere entrance into their room of a suitable owner. The dual masculine and feminine nature of Vine wands allow for a balance and a clearness of purpose and focus which is fitting for ambitious and intelligent owners, who have a direction and a goal in mind. Demiguise is particularly excellent for transfiguration spells, vanishment, banishing, and delicate and finicky work. The same individuals who have an affinity for occlumency tend to bond with wands made from this core. Once mastered, these wands can disguise themselves so that only its wielder will be able to easily see it, making them very difficult to steal" He said. She seemed the kind of child who would like to know these things, and he was certain her father would be listening in very closely too.

"10 galleons, 4 sickles. Will you be wanting any accessories for that one?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselyn View Post
This was the one, THAT she knew, but all this new other information regarding her wand was something she was soaking up like the pull of a black hole. Upon hearing about vine wands having a tendency towards ambitious and intelligent owners, Andromeda glanced back to her father, a small smile on her face. Beaming perhaps even, but small. She did quite like the sound of that, and even more so to learn that demiguise core owners have an affinity for occlumency. Mother dabbled in the art. Just wait till she heard about that!

Perhaps some lessons before school term?

Theoretical... of course.

BUT NEVERMIND. Her gaze transferred to the list of offerings at the shop, and a quick scan through the items had her deciding in seconds. "Can I have a holster? And a wand polish... and the conditioning and strengthening oil, aaand the waterproof and fireproof rubs? And the protection salve and barrier oil?... and nice case?" She looked back at her father. Much serious.

"To keep the wand in perfect condition for studies."

The department head just needed a moment. He would collect himself soon enough and be as pointedly verbose as usual. Or perhaps not considering that some of his earlier inquiries were now being addressed by the wandmaker and Airey instead found himself hanging off the man's every word.

Seek a greater purpose. Vision beyond the ordinary. Frequently astound.

He felt his chest puff with pride at it all as ordered was restored to the universe. Was that a bit dramatic? Perhaps. He was a Flamsteed, after all. That pricing was dramatic as well. Ten galleons for a wand, though it was galleons well spent and thus the astronomer was fishing for his wallet without question as Andromeda addressed the wandmaker with some....additions.

"It sounds more to me, Andromeda, that you intend to be a bit reckless with your wand," he pointed out as coolly as possible. He knew Hogwarts had its...moments. It had only been the term prior to his appointment at the school that there had been a massive fire that had destroyed the entire library - the librarian at the time being foolish enough to not have fireproofed the books in a school where students were practicing magic at every which corner. But no matter. "Describe to be the circumstances that would warrant the need for more than a holster, which is essential to any wand owner. This is a wand, a tool, not an Orion 10019 SkyQuest XT10i IntelliScope."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post
It was nice to watch, and honestly Ram could see the moment when the wand and the girl found each other, even before the pretty little birds came from the wand's tip. He adjusted his glasses and watched them for a bit before turning his attention back to the girl. Hopefully the girl's father was watching- that was not a moment that could be repeated.

"Well then, that's a bit better isn't it? 11 3/4 inch robust apple with clabbert tooth core. An unusual combination of wood and core. 11 galleons 2 sickles. Are you wanting any accessories?"
She has seen her older brother perform the spell numerous times, but nothing...absolutely nothing compared to do it herself. It was....magical? Was that too cliche? "Wow...wow...WOW!" she chirped gleefully as the wandmaker confirmed things. Just a little tooooooo overcome with joy, she made a leap towards Mr. Ramiel with her scrawny 11-year-old arms held out wide and threw them around his middle. The wand, still clutched in her fist, was still releasing the occasional sparkly hummingbird now and then though was thankfully not pointed at his back or anything that may inflict magical damage to his robes or mop of pretty dark hair. "Thankyousomuch!" she beamed while peeking up at him as he spoke a little more about her wand and what it was.

Oh. Not...not a feather core. She couldn't help but feel a little disappointed at that, but it soon gave way to a bout of confusion. "Why is it unusual? Was the clabbert cross with you when you took its tooth? Or was it a loose tooth like I have here?" And she even demonstrated a bit, poking her tongue at one of her lower teeth that was just barely hanging on its hinges. "Unusual how though? What does apple usually pair with? And what does clabbert usually pair with? Is apple always robust? Why 11 3/4 inches? Is it because I'm 11...um...." Uses her fingers to count a bit and no, she was barely 11 and a half so it didn't have anything to do with her age. "....why unusual?"
__________________


like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion.............
like how a single word can make a heart open...................
I might only have one match but I can make an explosion.............
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 10:18 PM   #85 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Bundimun
 
Riverz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: The River
Posts: 33

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Albertine Radosevich
First Year
Default

Albertine carefully opened the door to Ollivander's wand shop and held it open for her younger sister Taisiya. As Ty walked in behind her, Alba stood in measured, constrained awe. She didn't want to seem as overwhelmed as she felt looking at the towers upon towers of wands. An hour earlier Alba had thrown a warm potato at her sister's face, but they preferred as a family to keep things somewhat more composed in the public eye.


Her sister's red head snooped around the shop while Alba patiently waited for the measuring tape to finish assisting the person who had come in ahead of her. When her turn came, Alba swallowed deeply and commanded her mind to settle a bit. It worked only slightly, but her smile looked more confident. Whatever. Being overly enthusiastic would seem childish, so she supposed her cautious mood was fine.
Riverz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 02:31 PM   #86 (permalink)
Admin
Community Admin
Quibbler Mod




DMAC & DMLE
Fairy
 
Tegz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hobbiton
Posts: 23,283

Hogwarts RPG Name:
CC Beryl
Graduated

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Rustin Killick
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Angelo Toussaint
Law Enforcement

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ramiel Isaak Skeres
Ollivanders Wand Shop
Default I'll edit you guys in, Rose and Kath!Just don't want to keep our newest RPer waiting!
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverz View Post
Albertine carefully opened the door to Ollivander's wand shop and held it open for her younger sister Taisiya. As Ty walked in behind her, Alba stood in measured, constrained awe. She didn't want to seem as overwhelmed as she felt looking at the towers upon towers of wands. An hour earlier Alba had thrown a warm potato at her sister's face, but they preferred as a family to keep things somewhat more composed in the public eye.


Her sister's red head snooped around the shop while Alba patiently waited for the measuring tape to finish assisting the person who had come in ahead of her. When her turn came, Alba swallowed deeply and commanded her mind to settle a bit. It worked only slightly, but her smile looked more confident. Whatever. Being overly enthusiastic would seem childish, so she supposed her cautious mood was fine.

"Well hello there!" Ramiel greeted cheerfully. It had been a busy couple of days. Weeks. Or actually? Months. The whole summer had been one big blur of children and wands and feathers and a sulky measuring tape to tie it all up with a neat little bow.

He beckoned the measuring tape over, which reluctantly shared what it had gleaned in measurements, and then gave the small girl a reassuring smile. "I think I have the perfect wand for you. Made it myself!" Which wasn't the case for all of the wands in here, not even close, given this was his first summer managing the shop.

He went to the stacks and searched for a few minutes, a frown on his face. "Now where did I put that.... ah. Here." Wrong spot! Should've been over one.Perhaps after the summer was over he'd have to go through and make sure no other wands had become misfiled. Ramiel went back over to the girl and opened the long box, presenting the wand within to her so she could take it herself.

"Now, just give it a bit of a swish and tell me how it feels."
__________________
"Let's do get help"_____Makers of Fine Wands since 382 B.C _____get your Scorose fix

That lunatic rag of Xenophilius Lovegood's?!?!? __ ⚕️__ᛁᚠ•ᛃᚢ•ᚲᚨᚾ•ᚱᛖᚨᛞ•ᚦᛁᛋ•ᛃᚢᚱ•ᛏᚢ•ᚲᛚᛟᛋ
Tegz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 06:42 PM   #87 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Bundimun
 
Riverz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: The River
Posts: 33

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Albertine Radosevich
First Year
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post
"Well hello there!" Ramiel greeted cheerfully. It had been a busy couple of days. Weeks. Or actually? Months. The whole summer had been one big blur of children and wands and feathers and a sulky measuring tape to tie it all up with a neat little bow.

He beckoned the measuring tape over, which reluctantly shared what it had gleaned in measurements, and then gave the small girl a reassuring smile. "I think I have the perfect wand for you. Made it myself!" Which wasn't the case for all of the wands in here, not even close, given this was his first summer managing the shop.

He went to the stacks and searched for a few minutes, a frown on his face. "Now where did I put that.... ah. Here." Wrong spot! Should've been over one.Perhaps after the summer was over he'd have to go through and make sure no other wands had become misfiled. Ramiel went back over to the girl and opened the long box, presenting the wand within to her so she could take it herself.

"Now, just give it a bit of a swish and tell me how it feels."
Albertine straightened her spine when the man, presumably employed at this establishment, greeted her. He seemed just bubbling with enthusiasm, and Alba approved. She just wished she could feel the same way. This summer she had been so excited to go to Hogwarts. Now things were getting real. She smiled anyway.

"Hello, sir! How are you today?" Her voice was smooth, no sign of nerves. Which was good because she felt a distinct, uncomfortable feeling in the depths of her digestive system at the next words the shop employee (and evidently wandmaker) spoke. She would have scoffed if her mothers' disapproval wouldn't be evident from miles away. Even Taisiya, in the corner of her eye, had stopped what she was doing to presumably gawk in incredulity at the man's words. Probably not though; her sister was difficult. Alba didn't pay enough attention to tell. Her anxious little brain kept on spinning in her head. "Ah...I...your confidence is inspiring?" She wanted to cringe at her lack of couth.

But...really. He knew? Just like that, hm? A silent conversation with a pouty measuring tape and he was ready to provide her with the most important piece of magical equipment in her life? Times like this made Alba cross with the fact that she was stuck in such a tiny, ignorant body, but she delicately took the wand and gave it a swish. She had no choice but to trust this gentleman and his cavalier proc - oh. Oh.

The wand felt pleasantly warm, almost hot. Comforting, sunset-colored tendrils of steam lazily swirled upwards and outwards from its wooden tip. The effect on the eleven year old was dizzying, making her feel almost fizzy, and various pleasant scents like lavender and toast wafted through her senses.
Riverz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:08 PM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174