sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 231 users online including...
hjhm , sweetpinkpixie

4 members
227 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Diagon Alley > North Side

North Side From the Leaky Cauldron to Scribbulus Writing Instruments, there are numerous shops to visit and places to socialise.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-23-2018, 06:00 PM
Zoe Zoe is offline
 
Default Magical Menagerie


Welcome to the Magical Menagerie! It truly is your one stop shop for all your creature-related needs (except for owls). As you enter the shop the sounds of creatures fills your ears though they may not be in sight right away. It seems the shop has had some work done to it recently. Right up front there is a large oak counter, a shiny new register sitting off to one side. On the wall just behind the counter are seven colored pegs each one holding a clipboard filled with paperwork. This is how the shopkeeper keeps special orders and requests.

Beyond the counter is the display area. Rows upon rows of anything you might need for your new pet or that pet you already have at home that deserves some pampering! From all big to small tanks, training crates and travel bags, all types of foods and treats from the young to the older, we even have foods for sensitive bellies! Climbing posts, chew toys, balls that jingle and ones that flash colors, squeaky mice too. There’s shampoos and medicine’s of all sorts as well. Collars and leashes of all styles and sizes, some with matching shirts, coats and booties! If a comfy bed is what you need we have those as well. Don’t see something you’re looking for? Come right up to our shopkeeper and ask we might just have it and if by some chance we don’t, well than we can order it for you!

Past the display are the Menagerie is broken up into smaller, creature-themed rooms; a zoo within a shop, if you will. Each room is decorated to make the creatures feel more at home, from a change in lighting, large murals painted on the walls and flowers and plants scattered about. The room dedicated to Reptiles and Amphibians is first, while the room for smaller animals comes next. Right after that is a room sanctioned for our Aviation friends; birds of all shapes and sizes reside here, please note that it can get a bit loud and messy in here at times. In following room is home to many large fish tanks containing fresh-water fish, salt-water fish and plants, alike! Fresh-water fish on the left and salt-water fish on the right. Felines are next in line with large cages lining the walls. We have a large range of different cat breeds as well as Kneazles. The last room is also our loudest. Our Canines! Crups are a BEST SELLER! We also have several other breeds of canines. Both the Feline and Canine rooms have four play areas set up in the center of each room which holds toys and treats if you would like to play with one of the creatures before purchasing them!

Text Cut: Inventory




Cats
Adult: 7G, 7S, 17K
Kitten: 9G, 15S, 4K
Kneazles*
Adult: 29G, 13S, 13K
Kitten: 31G, 13S, 6K

Dogs
Prices depend on breed
Crups*
Adult: 29G, 13S, 13K
Cruppie: 31G, 13S, 6K

Other Supplies
Kitty Kibble: 4G, 9S, 18K
Cat Baskets: 2G, 5S
Cruppie Chow: 5G, 6S, 4K
Cruppie Beds: 2G, 5S
Leashes: 10S, 2K
Shampoo: 8S, 23K
Collars: 10S
Brushes: 7S, 3K
Tags: 10S
Toys: 12S

Reptiles
Lizards
Big: 11G-16G
Small: 6G-10G
Frogs: 5G, 16S, 8K
Toads: 5G, 16S, 18K
Turtles: 7G, 16S, 23K
Tortoise: 9G, 15S, 19K
Plimpies: 2G, 16S, 23K
Goldfish: 10S, 1K
Hermit Crabs: 1G, 8S, 19K
Shrakes: 22G, 4S, 3K
Snakes: 7G-21G
Newts: 7G, 16S, 1K
Salamanders: 4G, 7S, 21K
Fire-Crabs**: 18G, 8S, 27K
Other Supplies
Fish Flakes: 13S, 14K
Fish Bowls: 1G, 8S
Aquariums: 13G, 15S, 9K
Toad O’s: 1G, 2S, 22K
Bottle O’ Bugs: 16S, 28K

Special Services Offered
Food Delivery: 2G, 8S, 5K
Pet Examination: 5G, 16S, 8K
Animal License and Registration: 12G, 7S
Pet Cleaning/Grooming Services: 7G, 16S, 1K
Pet Training Classes: 19G, 14S, 18K
Over the Counter and Special Order Medicines: Prices May Vary

*Crups, Kneazles and Streelers will only be sold to those 15 or older, as they may be dangerous for younger children. These creatures must be registered.
**Fire-Crabs will only be sold to those 17 or older, as they may be dangerous for younger children. Fire-Crabs must be registered.

Small Animals
Rabbits: 4G, 16S, 11K
Ferrets: 7G, 7S, 17K
Jarveys: 9G, 12S, 23K
Mice: 5S, 17K
Hamsters: 3G, 8S, 2K
Gerbils: 3G, 16S, 4K
Puffskein: 4G, 9S, 17K
Non-Magical Rats: 13S, 23K
Magical Rats: 1G, 9S, 9K

Other Supplies
Rat Nibbles: 10S, 23K
Hamster Hay: 10S, 23K
Gerbil Granola: 10S, 23K
Rabbit Raisins: 10S, 23K
Ferret Friskies: 10S, 23K
Aquariums: 13G, 15S, 9K
Cages: 3G, 7S, 10K
Toys: 12S

Birds and Things
Ravens: 22G, 5S, 24K
Pigeons: 3G, 4S, 13K
Parakeets: 12G, 16S, 28K
Bats: 15G, 6S, 19K
Streelers*: 3G, 17S, 23K
Spiders: 3S-6S
Tarantulas: 3G, 16S, 15K
Fwooper: Available Upon Request

Insects
Butterflies: 11S, 25K
Beetles: 5S-16S
Crickets: 10K
Grasshoppers: 12K
Worms: 8K

Other Supplies
Bat Bites: 1G, 4S, 26K
Bird Seeds: 1G, 1S, 12K
Bottle O’ Bugs: 16S, 28K
Toys: 12S
Cages: 3G, 7S, 10K
Aquariums: 13G, 15S, 9K
Bird Perches: 1G, 8S, 9K
Bat Hangers: 1G, 8S, 9K
This shop is NOT STAFFED.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:34 AM   #76 (permalink)



DMC & DMGS
Dwarf
 
Anna Banana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 35,246

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Kent
First Year

x1
Default
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate ❤

Text Cut: Lissy Longbottom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post

"I DO have a cat," Trinetta told him with a smile. "AND a dog. Maybe an owl soon. My father and I haven't quite decided," she said with a shrug, grabbing a bag of the tuna treats as well, just to be safe.

"If you don't own a cat, why are you in here shopping for cat treats then?" she asked with a sly grin. She was quite certain she knew the answer. She'd been an eager first year desperate to please once, too.


Charlie raised one eyebrow. "That's a lot of pets," he commented, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. "I mean, there's kind of a lot at my house, too, but they're not all mine. Only the dog." The others belonged to his siblings. He still needed to get an owl, though. Apparently, that was the way to write home or get something from your parents. He didn't even pay attention to her cat treats anymore. Doing that in the first place had already made him look like an idiot.

...but then she brought it back up again, which pretty much left him stumbling for an answer. "My sister has a cat," he finally said, and that was true. He nodded at the tuna treats. "I'll have to pass along the suggestion." Now he really felt like an idiot. Wasn't there anything else he could come up with besides talking about cats? He didn't even like cats that much. "So, uhh..." Had he even said his name yet? Nope, so he launched into the whole introductions thing. "I'm Charlie."
__________________
Charlie 11 has no idea what he's doing here __________

______________________ just knew he was going to be a lion
Anna Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 04:23 AM   #77 (permalink)
Moderator
St Mungos Mod


DIMC & MO
Moke
 
MadMadamMalfoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Storybrooke
Posts: 8,805

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Fantine "Tina" Dantes
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office
International Cooperation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Vitani Kama
Paradise Piercings and Tattoos
Default
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Pirate Princess ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Fiery Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
Nem wasn't really sure why they had come into this shop, seeing as the whole pet issue was still up in the air. They couldn't get a kneazle, because apparently you had to be fifteen to buy one and they were still eleven, and could probably only barely pass as thirteen. They couldn't get Karlin to come in and buy a kneazle kitten on their behalf because they still needed the money and almost-thirty-two galleons was completely absurd. They weren't even sure if they could get a standard, run of the mill kitten, because even those were almost ten galleons without the food and everything, and Nem and their twin had already had to get practically all of their school stuff from dad's friends or bought secondhand at minimum. So there was basically no point in coming in here, and they were really only torturing themself.

But, on the other hand, they liked looking at the animals. Nem rarely got a chance to interact with animals in their day to day life - unless you counted dad when he was in cat form, and Nem absolutely did not count that - so they were taking the opportunity to see them now.

Nem wandered through the shop, hands shoved into the pockets of their shorts and battered old sneakers squeaking against the floor, but when they got to the cat area, they found that someone was already there. Oh.

"You're in the way." He wasn't in the way at all, actually, but that wasn't the point.
Heath stared in awe at the line of cages in front of him. He'd never seen so many cats in one place! Now which one (if any) was going home with him today? He peered into the nearest cage, and a big cat - almost as big as the neighbors' dog - blinked at him. No, not that one... too big! The next cage held a sleeping cat curled up in a ball so that Heath couldn't tell which end was which. In fact, he almost mistook it for a fur hat. Too hairy! Next?

The cat in the next cage was attacking an already battered toy mouse. As Heath approached, it promptly began pacing the floor of its cage and pawing at the bars, meowing loudly. Too aggressive! Heath shook his head. he was beginning to think he wouldn't find the right cat when a sudden unexpected voice startled him. His dark head whipped around,and he saw a kid who looked about his own age. Oh, he was in the way? Oops! He must've been so distracted by the cats that he didn't notice. "Oh, sorry," he said, taking an automatic step to the side. "I'll j-just move... over there."

He moved to the other end of the cat room, his eyes darting between the cat cages and the kid who just walked in. He wondered if that other kid was starting Hogwarts this year too. For the briefest of moments, the thought crossed his mind to ask, but he was too shy. He didn't know this kid well (or at all, really), and it might come off as weird or nosy. So for now, he kept his attention on the cats.
__________________
* What if I'm trying but then I close my eyes and then I'm right back lost in that last goodbye?*

* What if time doesn't do what it's supposed to do? What if I never get over you?*
MadMadamMalfoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 01:22 AM   #78 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW Mod


DMLE & DoM
Norwegian Ridgeback
 
Felixir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Posts: 46,386

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kaiser
Sixth Year
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Jake Upstead
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Jasper Beaufort
Mysteries
Default
tag yourself i'm felix | daxton prince was here | schrödinger's tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
Heath stared in awe at the line of cages in front of him. He'd never seen so many cats in one place! Now which one (if any) was going home with him today? He peered into the nearest cage, and a big cat - almost as big as the neighbors' dog - blinked at him. No, not that one... too big! The next cage held a sleeping cat curled up in a ball so that Heath couldn't tell which end was which. In fact, he almost mistook it for a fur hat. Too hairy! Next?

The cat in the next cage was attacking an already battered toy mouse. As Heath approached, it promptly began pacing the floor of its cage and pawing at the bars, meowing loudly. Too aggressive! Heath shook his head. he was beginning to think he wouldn't find the right cat when a sudden unexpected voice startled him. His dark head whipped around,and he saw a kid who looked about his own age. Oh, he was in the way? Oops! He must've been so distracted by the cats that he didn't notice. "Oh, sorry," he said, taking an automatic step to the side. "I'll j-just move... over there."

He moved to the other end of the cat room, his eyes darting between the cat cages and the kid who just walked in. He wondered if that other kid was starting Hogwarts this year too. For the briefest of moments, the thought crossed his mind to ask, but he was too shy. He didn't know this kid well (or at all, really), and it might come off as weird or nosy. So for now, he kept his attention on the cats.
It was always interesting to see how people would react to rudeness from a stranger. Well, maybe not interesting so much as telling. It wasn't all that fun when people didn't rise to the bait, but it told Nem plenty about a person, at least. They watched the boy move away, and stepped up to the cages to have a look at the cats inside.

They had a nose around, supposing all the while that it was at least good that they didn't have the problem of having to choose a cat. But it still would have been better if they knew they could take one home. Whatever.

After a couple of minutes, Nem turned their head to look back at the boy. They watched him for just a moment before speaking up again, exuding confidence as they did. "Are you getting one? A cat, I mean." Obviously.
__________________
Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes ~ Grab Bag Challenge ~ Ficlets ~ Drabbles ~ My Characters.

May I never be _C O M P L E T E._ May I never be _C O N T E N T._ May I never be _P U R R F E C T.
Felixir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 06:18 PM   #79 (permalink)
Moderator
St Mungos Mod


DIMC & MO
Moke
 
MadMadamMalfoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Storybrooke
Posts: 8,805

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Fantine "Tina" Dantes
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office
International Cooperation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Vitani Kama
Paradise Piercings and Tattoos
Default
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Pirate Princess ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Fiery Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
It was always interesting to see how people would react to rudeness from a stranger. Well, maybe not interesting so much as telling. It wasn't all that fun when people didn't rise to the bait, but it told Nem plenty about a person, at least. They watched the boy move away, and stepped up to the cages to have a look at the cats inside.

They had a nose around, supposing all the while that it was at least good that they didn't have the problem of having to choose a cat. But it still would have been better if they knew they could take one home. Whatever.

After a couple of minutes, Nem turned their head to look back at the boy. They watched him for just a moment before speaking up again, exuding confidence as they did. "Are you getting one? A cat, I mean." Obviously.
When Heath moved out of the other kid's way, he found himself in front of a kitten enclosure. Most of the kittens were jumping around, wrestling with each other, except one gray striped kitten at the back. This one had a stumpy tail and big blue eyes that seemed too large for its face, and Heath couldn't help but notice it was a lot smaller than the others. Are you the runt of the litter, just like me? he thought. "Hi, kitty," he whispered, and the kitten blinked in reply. He liked this kitten!

Heath was pretty sure this was the kitten for him, but he decided to play with it first to be absolutely sure. As he headed to the play area with the kitten, the other kid spoke again. "I think so," he replied, turning around to face the kid, kitten still in his arms. "Are you getting a cat too?" he asked, surprised by his own sudden boldness. He didn't usually say much!
__________________
* What if I'm trying but then I close my eyes and then I'm right back lost in that last goodbye?*

* What if time doesn't do what it's supposed to do? What if I never get over you?*
MadMadamMalfoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 03:15 AM   #80 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW Mod


DMLE & DoM
Norwegian Ridgeback
 
Felixir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Posts: 46,386

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kaiser
Sixth Year
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Jake Upstead
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Jasper Beaufort
Mysteries
Default
tag yourself i'm felix | daxton prince was here | schrödinger's tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
When Heath moved out of the other kid's way, he found himself in front of a kitten enclosure. Most of the kittens were jumping around, wrestling with each other, except one gray striped kitten at the back. This one had a stumpy tail and big blue eyes that seemed too large for its face, and Heath couldn't help but notice it was a lot smaller than the others. Are you the runt of the litter, just like me? he thought. "Hi, kitty," he whispered, and the kitten blinked in reply. He liked this kitten!

Heath was pretty sure this was the kitten for him, but he decided to play with it first to be absolutely sure. As he headed to the play area with the kitten, the other kid spoke again. "I think so," he replied, turning around to face the kid, kitten still in his arms. "Are you getting a cat too?" he asked, surprised by his own sudden boldness. He didn't usually say much!
Oh. He had one of the kittens. That was enough of a reason for Nem to invite themself to go over and stand in front of him, all the better to see said kitten. They may also have reached out and stroked one of its ears. Or, well, no. They definitely did.

"Mmm..." they hummed rather than said to start with, in a non-committal sort of way. The cat took up the majority of their attention, Nem was unashamed to admit. They did, however, eventually look from the animal to the boy's face, and answered his question properly. Sort-of-properly. "I don't know." I want one, was the truth of it, but Nem was far too smart to go around telling people what they wanted and did not want, what they liked and did not like. "I'm still undecided." Not true at all, but what did the truth matter, really?
__________________
Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes ~ Grab Bag Challenge ~ Ficlets ~ Drabbles ~ My Characters.

May I never be _C O M P L E T E._ May I never be _C O N T E N T._ May I never be _P U R R F E C T.
Felixir is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:11 AM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163