sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9821
Classes: 15
Professors: 13

13501229
742240
View Points

Members

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Diagon Alley > North Side

North Side From the Leaky Cauldron to Scribbulus Writing Instruments, there are numerous shops to visit and places to socialise.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-23-2018, 06:00 PM
Zoe Zoe is offline
 
Default Fountain


What might be a work of art, or is possibly what nightmares are made of, is the fountain outside the Leaky Cauldron. Large, gaudy and rather obnoxious, it is most definitely a centerpoint of the area. Built of crumbling stone, the fountain is tall and contains three tiers. Starting at the bottom, the fountain has a three-foot high wall. In the center and serving as a support beam is a water serpent that rises from the pool and to the very top. Winged cherubs with wicked looks in their eyes hang off the serpent and dragons peer from around his climbing body. If it feels like the dragons and cherubs are watching you, it’s because they probably are. One cherub has been missing his head for centuries. Cherubs and dragons alike spit water in many directions, sometimes at different intervals, creating a beautiful display when sunlight catches the dancing water.

However, the fountain is not merely a great sight. Perhaps it is haunted, or maybe cursed, for the fountain has a tendency to spit water at people. Those who loiter too long may find their faces wet. Try to sit down on the edge without dropping a coin and you may find yourself doused with water. However – do not try to outsmart the fountain. Dropping muggle money won’t buy you any time. On the contrary, those who drop muggle coins will find themselves pelted with coins.

Oh, and just a warning. Don't try to stick your hand into the water, especially in hopes of grabbing some money from the bottom. Creepy things with tentacles would love to bathe with you.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 03:51 AM   #51 (permalink)



DMC & DMLE
Thestral
 
MunchyBubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Capital ♥
Posts: 81,345

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Orion Forest Thornhill
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy
Magical Creatures
Default For Jess
Snow Miser | Munchy | Molly Hooper | T | Hey, you | Phantom | "I don't wike it" | SING FOR ME | Tristalen

Unimpressed..

Orion Forest Thornhill was highly unimpressed.

Though to be fair, he wasnít impressed with much in his life, his shady family who got a bit to nosy with his stuff, his shady extended family who liked to apparently spend most of their time behind bars then in front of them, his house at school, yellow was not only the stupidest color, but it represented the dumbest house alive. He was not sunshine and lolipops, he was cloudy and black licorice.

People most of the time annoyed him as well, they were loud and in your face and always giving their opinions when they werenít warranted. He didnít know why every single person he had met seemed to make it their mission in life to change his mind about his house!

Why was he not entitled to his own opinion? He didnít call down Merlinís wrath just because someone didnít like pumpkin pie. I mean.. clearly they were missing out, but he respected it! Could anyone respect his opinion on his own house?

Nooooo..

He sighed and ran a hand through his dark rather untidy hair. Despite the sun he was dressed in a black hoodie with the hood up and black jeans. He didnít care.. this was his comfort zone.. his happy place.. so to speak.

And now.. NOW he has just read they had to go to Beauxbatons! Merlin help them all,, he hoped the French were as rude as they were made out to be.. hopefully they could leave him alone and pretend he wasnít there..

Ugh.. why.. just.. just why?
__________________
For my whole life, we never crossed that line, only friends in my mind.

But now I realize, it was always you. Canít believe I could not see it all this time.
MunchyBubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:26 AM   #52 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod


DMT & DIMC

Giant
 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: unwritten [GMT-6]
Posts: 57,686

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Carsyn Rose
Fifth Year

x12 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Louise Hamilton
International Cooperation
Default
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Eva's SoulSister | BigBadSis | SlytherPuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchyBubbles View Post
Unimpressed..

Orion Forest Thornhill was highly unimpressed.

Though to be fair, he wasnít impressed with much in his life, his shady family who got a bit to nosy with his stuff, his shady extended family who liked to apparently spend most of their time behind bars then in front of them, his house at school, yellow was not only the stupidest color, but it represented the dumbest house alive. He was not sunshine and lolipops, he was cloudy and black licorice.

People most of the time annoyed him as well, they were loud and in your face and always giving their opinions when they werenít warranted. He didnít know why every single person he had met seemed to make it their mission in life to change his mind about his house!

Why was he not entitled to his own opinion? He didnít call down Merlinís wrath just because someone didnít like pumpkin pie. I mean.. clearly they were missing out, but he respected it! Could anyone respect his opinion on his own house?

Nooooo..

He sighed and ran a hand through his dark rather untidy hair. Despite the sun he was dressed in a black hoodie with the hood up and black jeans. He didnít care.. this was his comfort zone.. his happy place.. so to speak.

And now.. NOW he has just read they had to go to Beauxbatons! Merlin help them all,, he hoped the French were as rude as they were made out to be.. hopefully they could leave him alone and pretend he wasnít there..

Ugh.. why.. just.. just why?

Carsyn was doing literally everything possible to ignore the fact that they were going to Beauxbatons in September. That it would likely be another year of not being able to play Seeker for Gryffindor. Tormenting a certain Hufflepuff was definitely on her list of making it easy to ignore the inevitable and French language preparations.

She rolled her eyes at his attire and just couldn't resist approaching. Because of course not; she was never one to shy away from these situations. She was of course, more appropriately dressed with short shorts and a tank top.

"Well well well.... You look hot." Just stating facts. Also there was a fountain right there that was super tempting, so he knew.
__________________
[RPG] [Requests] [Skylar] [Drabbles] [Addina] [Tea Time]

Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow! Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 02:45 AM   #53 (permalink)



DMC & DMLE
Thestral
 
MunchyBubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Capital ♥
Posts: 81,345

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Orion Forest Thornhill
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy
Magical Creatures
Default
Snow Miser | Munchy | Molly Hooper | T | Hey, you | Phantom | "I don't wike it" | SING FOR ME | Tristalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post

Carsyn was doing literally everything possible to ignore the fact that they were going to Beauxbatons in September. That it would likely be another year of not being able to play Seeker for Gryffindor. Tormenting a certain Hufflepuff was definitely on her list of making it easy to ignore the inevitable and French language preparations.

She rolled her eyes at his attire and just couldn't resist approaching. Because of course not; she was never one to shy away from these situations. She was of course, more appropriately dressed with short shorts and a tank top.

"Well well well.... You look hot." Just stating facts. Also there was a fountain right there that was super tempting, so he knew.
Speaking of things that Orion was unimpressed with.. here came one of them.

Carsyn was one of those people who kept trying to convince him that Hufflepuff was all rainbows and sunshine and just the absolute best place to be, just because her twin happened to be in the house.

Which was all lovely and nice and good for her twin. He was sure she adored it and was perfect and all that jazz.

But. Not. For. Him.

It was okay to have opinions, people had them all the time and it was fine.. and you didnít need to convince them that their opinion was wrong. All you had to do was stay in your lane and smile and change the subject.. but no. He got pumpkin juice dumped on him.

ďI like black. Ē Was all he said as he looked at her from under his hoodie. And cooling charms existed.
__________________
For my whole life, we never crossed that line, only friends in my mind.

But now I realize, it was always you. Canít believe I could not see it all this time.
MunchyBubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:26 AM   #54 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod


DMT & DIMC

Giant
 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: unwritten [GMT-6]
Posts: 57,686

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Carsyn Rose
Fifth Year

x12 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Louise Hamilton
International Cooperation
Default
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Eva's SoulSister | BigBadSis | SlytherPuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchyBubbles View Post
Speaking of things that Orion was unimpressed with.. here came one of them.

Carsyn was one of those people who kept trying to convince him that Hufflepuff was all rainbows and sunshine and just the absolute best place to be, just because her twin happened to be in the house.

Which was all lovely and nice and good for her twin. He was sure she adored it and was perfect and all that jazz.

But. Not. For. Him.

It was okay to have opinions, people had them all the time and it was fine.. and you didnít need to convince them that their opinion was wrong. All you had to do was stay in your lane and smile and change the subject.. but no. He got pumpkin juice dumped on him.

ďI like black. Ē Was all he said as he looked at her from under his hoodie. And cooling charms existed.
It wasn't that it was the best place to be. Orion got that wrong. If she wanted to convince him of the best place to be, that was OBVIOUSLY Gryffindor. But what she was trying to do was to get him to accept his sorting. The sorting hat placed him as a Hufflepuff, obviously not for his rosy disposition, but for some reason or other. Loyalty, perhaps?

She snickered, unwilling to let go on the subject. Especially when he made it SO easy. "Convenient then that black is one of your house colors." See. Hufflepuff.
__________________
[RPG] [Requests] [Skylar] [Drabbles] [Addina] [Tea Time]

Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow! Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 01:02 PM   #55 (permalink)
Slytherin

MO
Billywig
 
hjhm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Coffee pot
Posts: 3,664

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jillian Kim
Sixth Year
x4 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Jonathan Kim
Minister's Office
Default Open post ^3^
♣ PASTRIES | MCU and beyond | I am Heejin || The CAFE enthusiast | Music Fan ♣

There is definitely a change of temperature in the air now that spring time has approached. He has been doing a ton of spring cleaning not to mention putting away winter clothes in the attic, which is a very heavy load. He manages to clean the house for an entire week, his parents promised him that Nobi, their house elf would come visit but he didn't show up-- it only meant that his father needed Nobi. That's okay.

Jonathan took a stroll outside as soon as his weekend started. They were swamped at work but he is getting used to all of it by now-- it is more fun with Fletcher around. So yeah...

He walked and walked around until he found himself staring at a huge fountain. His one hand clutching the small plastic bag of groceries he began walking once again, circling around the fountain area. It has been awhile since he last step foot in here so seeing it right now felt a tad bit nostalgic. Stopping in the area with shade, Jonathan sits down and listens to the surrounding.
__________________

SHREWD | DUTIFUL | UNYIELDING
watching you, always watching
hjhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:30 PM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176