sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!


If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Diagon Alley > North Side


North Side From the Leaky Cauldron to Scribbulus Writing Instruments, there are numerous shops to visit and places to socialise.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-23-2018, 06:00 PM
OutoftheFriendZOEne OutoftheFriendZOEne is offline
 
Default Flourish and Blotts


About halfway down the north side of the Alley stands Flourish and Blotts, the shop noticeable by its wide picture windows displaying all sorts of gold-embossed spellbooks, any new releases warranting advertisement and the occasional sleeping cat, as the shopkeeper’s two cats occasionally decide to make the window display their chosen napping place when they aren’t underfoot. Upon entry, all that seems to be visible are bookshelves, stacked to the ceiling and absolutely filled with books of all shapes and sizes. While it may look like chaos, there is a sort of order to the shelves and various stacks of books scattered throughout the main floor in addition to those shelved. A table sits close to the door which regularly holds sets of Hogwarts’ required textbooks every summer for the ease of students who may not want to hunt them down on their own, and a staircase, even more shelves filling the space underneath, leads up to a second floor that contains shelves of the various works of fiction from the Wizarding world and beyond.

Near the center of the shop stands the counter, where the shopkeeper can usually be found and which is also the location for the occasional book-signing or other book-related event. Surrounding the counter are displays of newspapers, magazines, diaries, journals and other small items that might interest the literary-minded customer. In addition, a large, leather-bound book rests on a small stand to the left of the counter: an index of all the books sold in the shop for the use of the customers who are in a hurry or simply don’t want to search through all the shelves on their own.

Toward the back of the shop, a door leading to a storage area and the small office used for paperwork and any other business the shopkeeper needs to take care of in private, a cat-door installed as well as the cats’ food and water while they’re in shop are there. Tucked away in various corners of the shop, half hidden by shelves and very cozy, are small reading nooks containing squashy chairs and small tables for a lamp, and a larger reading area including a fireplace can be found near one of the front windows. Enjoy!

Text Cut: Inventory
Text or graphic or both.

Text Cut: reference tome

Children's Stories

The Tales of the Beadle the Bard by Beadle the Bard
The Toadstool Tales by Beatrix Bloxam
The Adventures of Martin Miggs, the Mad Muggle

Plays & Poetry

Hélas, Je me suis Transfiguré mes Pieds (Alas, I have Transfigured my Feet)
Sonnets of a Sorcerer

Arithmancy

New Theory of Numerology
Numerology and Gramatica

Bestiaries

Break with a Banshee by Gilderoy Lockhart
Dreadful Denizens of the Deep
Dragon Breeding for Pleasure and Profit
Dragon Species of Great Britain and Ireland
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander
From Egg to Inferno, A Dragon Keeper's Guide
Fowl or Foul? A Study of Hippogriff Brutality
Gadding With Ghouls by Gilderoy Lockhart
Gilderoy Lockhart's Guide to Household Pets by Gilderoy Lockhart
Hairy Snout, Human Heart
Handbook of Hippogriff Psychology
Holiday with Hags by Gilderoy Lockhart
Men Who Love Dragons Too Much
The Monster Book of Monsters
Travels with Trolls by Gilderoy Lockhart
Why I Didn't Die When the Augurey Cried by Gulliver Pokeby
Year with the Yeti by Gilderoy Lockhart

Biographies

Armando Dippet: Master or Moron? by Rita Skeeter
Blood Brothers: My life Amongst the Vampires By Eldred Worple
Great Wizards of the Twentieth Century
He Flew Like a Madman by Kennilworthy Whisp
The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore by Rita Skeeter
Notable Magical Names of Our Time
Magical Me by Gilderoy Lockhart
Prefects who Gained Power

Charms

Achievements in Charming
An Anthology of Eighteenth Century Charms
Olde and Forgotten Bewitchments and Charms
Quintessence: A Quest

Cookbooks

Charm Your Own Cheese
Enchantment in Baking
One Minute Feasts - It's Magic!

Curses

A Compendium of Common Curses and Their Counter-Actions
Basic Hexes for the Busy and Vexed
Curses and Counter-curses (Bewitch Your Friends and Befuddle Your Enemies with the Latest Revenges: Hair Loss, Jelly-Legs, Tongue-Tying, and Much, Much More) by Professor Vindictus Viridian
Jinxes for the Jinxed

Dark Arts & Defence of

A Compendium of Common Curses and Their Counter-Actions
Confronting the Faceless
Magik Moste Evile
The Rise and Fall of the Dark Arts
The Dark Arts Outsmarted
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble
Practical Defensive Magic and Its Use Against the Dark Arts

Divination

Broken Balls: When Fortunes turn Foul
Death Omens: What To Do When You Know The Worst Is Coming
The Dream Oracle by Inigo Imago
Predicting the Unpredictable: Insulate Yourself Against Shocks
Unfogging the Future by Cassandra Vablatsky

Genealogy

Nature's Nobility: A Wizarding Genealogy

Healing

Asiatic Anti-Venoms
Common Magical Ailments and Afflictions
The Healer's Helpmate

Herbology

Encyclopedia of Toadstools
Flesh-Eating Trees of the World
Magical Water Plants of the Mediterranean
Goshawk's Guide to Herbology
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

History

Great Wizarding Events of the Twentieth Century
A Guide to Medieval Sorcery
A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot
Hogwarts: A History
Important Modern Magical Discoveries
Modern Magical History
Sites of Historical Sorcery

Magical Theory

Defensive Magical Theory by Wilbert Slinkhard
Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

Muggle Studies

Home Life and Social Habits of British Muggles by Wilhelm Wigworthy
Muggles Who Notice
The Philosophy of the Mundane: Why Muggles Prefer Not to Know by Professor Mordicus Egg


Potions

Advanced Potion-Making by Libatius Borage
Moste Potente Potions
Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Quidditch

The Beaters' Bible by Brutus Scrimgeour
Beating the Bludgers-- A Study of Defensive Strategies in Quidditch by Kennilworthy Whisp
Flying With the Cannons
Handbook of Do-It-Yourself Broom Care
The Noble Sport of Warlocks by Quintius Umfraville
Quidditch Teams of Britain and Ireland
Quidditch Through The Ages by Kennilworthy Whisp
The Wonder of the Wigtown Wanderers by Kennilworthy Whisp

Runes

Advanced Rune Translation
Ancient Runes Made Easy
Magical Hieroglyphs and Logograms
Rune Dictionary

Spell Books

Madcap Magic for Wacky Warlocks
Powers You Never Knew You Had and What To Do With Them Now You've Wised Up
Saucy Tricks for Tricky Sorts
Standard Book of Spells by Miranda Goshawk (series)
Weird Wizarding Dilemmas and Their Solutions
Where There's a Wand, There's a Way

Transfiguration

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch
A Intermediate Transfiguration
Guide to Advance Transfiguration
Theories of Transubstantial Transfiguration

SS canon books
This shop is STAFFED by Elizabeth Chambers (SilverTiger).
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 04:20 AM   #26 (permalink)


DMGS
Firecrab
 
Sangeetha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Central Perk!
Posts: 759

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kaira Parker
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Laila Parker
Games & Sports
Default
Smelly cat love|so many books so little time|Loonymione| Lives in Central Perk!|Rave Slither & Huff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
He chuckles before stating the obvious. "Books, lots of books."
Kaira laughed. Oh..yeah? See, I thought these were brooms or something,' she said sarcastically, nudging him lightly. 'I know that silly, I'm just looking at the school booklist..we will need..oh Fantastic Beasts..Bathilda Bagshot..,' she said, looking at the list.
__________________
Sangeetha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 10:09 AM   #27 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Dugbog
 
Malachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 133

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Malachi Mitsue
First Year
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangeetha View Post
Kaira laughed. Oh..yeah? See, I thought these were brooms or something,' she said sarcastically, nudging him lightly. 'I know that silly, I'm just looking at the school booklist..we will need..oh Fantastic Beasts..Bathilda Bagshot..,' she said, looking at the list.
Malachi takes his own list and starts reading. “How Not To Blow Off Your Fingers On The First Day by Julius Gummidge? That does not sound reassuring."
Malachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:54 PM   #28 (permalink)


DMGS
Firecrab
 
Sangeetha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Central Perk!
Posts: 759

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kaira Parker
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Laila Parker
Games & Sports
Default
Smelly cat love|so many books so little time|Loonymione| Lives in Central Perk!|Rave Slither & Huff

Kaira looked over his shoulders to see if he was really reading the school list. 'That's actually in our course! ,' she said, surprised to find it on her list as well. She wondered what subject it could be related to. 'Probably potions,' she said, shrugging. 'You know .a bit like..muggle chemistry experiments?,' she said, cos that was probably the closest muggle analogy she could find for potions.
__________________
Sangeetha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 02:25 PM   #29 (permalink)


DERP & DMAC
Chizpurfle
 
Ginevra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Thistlehouse
Posts: 10,464

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daisy Eurus Swann
Sixth Year
x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille (Lucy) Pembrooke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Ursula Agan
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
come and show me the magic | Sacred Twenty-Eight | black cats go with everything | ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post

A sixth year Hufflepuff, hmm? It made Torii wonder what house she'd end up in. She'd read a little about each one, and she was kind of hoping for a certain house. She didn't want to jinx it by saying which one it was, though. She nodded. "I'm a fourth year transfer from Ilvermorny," she said. The words stuck in her throat like an overly-thorny rose. She never imagined herself leaving her school so early, and even if she did, she never imagined it would be for the reason it was.

They...had quite a few Ilvermorny students at Hogwarts? Torii raised her eyebrows at that comment. "You do? Like who?" she asked. It would be awesome to have someone she knew at Hogwarts with her.
Daisy ran through some names in her head trying to remember former Ilvernmorny alumni. "Er...Headmistress Regina Hawthorne, Brent and Kane Westwood are the ones that spring in mind. I hope you are sorted into the house you want. Each of them has their qualities."
__________________
Ginevra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 04:02 PM   #30 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMLE & DMAC
Türk Bilgini
Kneazle
 
DuckyLinJi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: starlight a.r.m.y
Posts: 22,493

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dorian Katharos
Fifth Year
x1 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Yoongi Hyland
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
Always keep the faith//~~Duckies~~// Non timebo mala

SPOILER!!: Daisy and Torii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post

A sixth year Hufflepuff, hmm? It made Torii wonder what house she'd end up in. She'd read a little about each one, and she was kind of hoping for a certain house. She didn't want to jinx it by saying which one it was, though. She nodded. "I'm a fourth year transfer from Ilvermorny," she said. The words stuck in her throat like an overly-thorny rose. She never imagined herself leaving her school so early, and even if she did, she never imagined it would be for the reason it was.

They...had quite a few Ilvermorny students at Hogwarts? Torii raised her eyebrows at that comment. "You do? Like who?" she asked. It would be awesome to have someone she knew at Hogwarts with her. The 'sup?' from a nearby boy caught her attention, and she turned to get a good look at who Daisy had been talking to before her. She didn't immediately reply to him. Why? Because that little, simple greeting he had given her had been a game changer for her.

She hadn't wanted to move to Hogwarts. She hadn't even wanted to move to Surrey. She wasn't even sure she wanted new friends at her new school. But this boy? That simple response sounded so easy for Torii. It didn't require any feelings or commitments from her. It was also one of those questions that most people asked without even expecting a reply. So she smiled at him. It was a genuine, not even planned, smile. "Sup?" she asked in return. "I'm Torii."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
"Thank you very much. It was hard at times especially when I heard that Derf's beloved Bowtruckle had been killed by a certain Care of Magical Creatures professor. I'm glad he's gone. However, I knew that misbehaving wasn't going to do me or my house any good and I didn't want to lose my Prefect badge."

Daisy quickly glanced down her left leg. "My left leg is doing well. I might try out for the Quidditch team this term. It is scarred but I have regained full function of it, sadly thanks to Scrimgeour," Daisy said with a half smile/half frown. "If he didn't make those exercises so torturous, I'd be happy that he had aided in my recovery, you know?"


"Say what now?" Dorian blinked at Daisy and placed his book down when he heard that Derf's bowtruckle had been killed. Had been his own pet or one of the creatures in the care of the ex-professor? Because although they didn't hang out, everyone knew the Hufflepuffs love for creatures so he probably thought that every creature was his...

The news about the bowtruckle was sad and all but he couldn't help but let out a small laugh when Daisy mentioned that her leg had improved thanks to their former Headmaster. "I know what you mean, not that i had an injury but the morning runs really helped me out and i think im going to continue the training when school starts again" ugh he'd never admit this to the man himself.

Instead of giving an answer as well, Dorian nodded his head meaning that he was good. "I'm Dorian. Fifth year in Ravenclaw" he said and stood upright from leaning on the table and accidentally knocked over a stack of books. "Oh geez,wait..." he mumbled more to himself than the two girls and quickly stooped down to pick up the books.
__________________
DuckyLinJi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 07:07 PM   #31 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Dugbog
 
Malachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 133

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Malachi Mitsue
First Year
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangeetha View Post
Kaira looked over his shoulders to see if he was really reading the school list. 'That's actually in our course! ,' she said, surprised to find it on her list as well. She wondered what subject it could be related to. 'Probably potions,' she said, shrugging. 'You know .a bit like..muggle chemistry experiments?,' she said, cos that was probably the closest muggle analogy she could find for potions.
He can’t help but smirk before saying the first thing that comes to mind. "Like, double, double toil and trouble, fire burn and cauldron bubble? Anyway let’s get the books and head to our next destination."
Malachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 07:27 PM   #32 (permalink)


DMGS
Firecrab
 
Sangeetha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Central Perk!
Posts: 759

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kaira Parker
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Laila Parker
Games & Sports
Default
Smelly cat love|so many books so little time|Loonymione| Lives in Central Perk!|Rave Slither & Huff

Kaira pretended to think hard as she said : Triple trouble.. they throw up in your face and bubble..wow I hope that doesn't happen,' she said laughing.
__________________
Sangeetha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 08:32 PM   #33 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Dugbog
 
Malachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 133

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Malachi Mitsue
First Year
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangeetha View Post
Kaira pretended to think hard as she said : Triple trouble.. they throw up in your face and bubble..wow I hope that doesn't happen,' she said laughing.
He laughs and shakes his head as he leads the way to the counter.
Malachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:37 AM   #34 (permalink)



DMGS & MO
Giant
 
Lissy Longbottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Jakku: GMT-6
Posts: 55,046

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Trinetta Gladin
Third Year
x11 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Javi Hernandez
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Royland Gladin
Minister's Office
Default Torii, Daisy, and Dorian!
☃ The four Cs ☃ || Rebel Scum | | Let's keep things Loki || Neville Fan Mädchen

Nettie was going a little overboard with the books. The reason for this was simple - last term, they hadn't been allowed to read anything for leisure. Only for SCHOOL. So her reading list had gotten soooo long, it was going to take her forever to catch up on it! She had a bit of extra spending money this summer too, since they hadn't had as many trips to Hogsmeade last term. Less trips to Hogsmeade meant less opportunities for stupid spending.

Time to make up for it!

The pile of books that Nettie had in her arms was definitely a bit...excessive. Volumes upon volumes were stacked high in front of her, blocking her view entirely. She was moving slowly, eyes focused purely on the last book, perched HIGH above her small barely-four-foot-eleven frame. She stopped, noticing that it was about to topple off. Oh no, oh no, oh nooooo.

Yes, she had definitely bitten off more than she could chew with this book stack. Why didn't she just get a basket like a normal person?! She'd just kept adding books to the pile, unable to stop herself...

She raised her arm, trying to straighten the top book, and instead...the whole thing toppled in front of her.

"NOOOO!" she exclaimed. She hoped no one was standing in front of her, or they were about to get a pile of books dropped on them...
__________________
I'd rather be anything but o r d i n a r y please

Lissy is on vacay from February 10th - 16th!
Lissy Longbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:31 AM   #35 (permalink)


DERP & DMAC
Chizpurfle
 
Ginevra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Thistlehouse
Posts: 10,464

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daisy Eurus Swann
Sixth Year
x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille (Lucy) Pembrooke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Ursula Agan
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default Dorian, Nettie and Torii
come and show me the magic | Sacred Twenty-Eight | black cats go with everything | ★

SPOILER!!: Dorian
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post


"Say what now?" Dorian blinked at Daisy and placed his book down when he heard that Derf's bowtruckle had been killed. Had been his own pet or one of the creatures in the care of the ex-professor? Because although they didn't hang out, everyone knew the Hufflepuffs love for creatures so he probably thought that every creature was his...

The news about the bowtruckle was sad and all but he couldn't help but let out a small laugh when Daisy mentioned that her leg had improved thanks to their former Headmaster. "I know what you mean, not that i had an injury but the morning runs really helped me out and i think im going to continue the training when school starts again" ugh he'd never admit this to the man himself.

Instead of giving an answer as well, Dorian nodded his head meaning that he was good. "I'm Dorian. Fifth year in Ravenclaw" he said and stood upright from leaning on the table and accidentally knocked over a stack of books. "Oh geez,wait..." he mumbled more to himself than the two girls and quickly stooped down to pick up the books.



SPOILER!!: Nettie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
Nettie was going a little overboard with the books. The reason for this was simple - last term, they hadn't been allowed to read anything for leisure. Only for SCHOOL. So her reading list had gotten soooo long, it was going to take her forever to catch up on it! She had a bit of extra spending money this summer too, since they hadn't had as many trips to Hogsmeade last term. Less trips to Hogsmeade meant less opportunities for stupid spending.

Time to make up for it!

The pile of books that Nettie had in her arms was definitely a bit...excessive. Volumes upon volumes were stacked high in front of her, blocking her view entirely. She was moving slowly, eyes focused purely on the last book, perched HIGH above her small barely-four-foot-eleven frame. She stopped, noticing that it was about to topple off. Oh no, oh no, oh nooooo.

Yes, she had definitely bitten off more than she could chew with this book stack. Why didn't she just get a basket like a normal person?! She'd just kept adding books to the pile, unable to stop herself...

She raised her arm, trying to straighten the top book, and instead...the whole thing toppled in front of her.

"NOOOO!" she exclaimed. She hoped no one was standing in front of her, or they were about to get a pile of books dropped on them...


Daisy nodded solemnly at Dorian. "It happened at the Infant Magical Creatures Nursery. I think Derf was given the task to heal one of the Bowtruckles who I think was called Aster but she was too badly damaged so he did the humane thing and administered a Sleeping Drought. Petrov called it an 'experiment'."

Daisy paused before continuing. "However, I wasn't there so I might not have all the facts straight but I don't know if Derf is ready to relive that particular experience."

She then saw Dorian knock over some books and so she also stooped down to help him pick up the books and place them back on the table. Just as she was doing so, Daisy heard Nettie exclaim and the Hufflepuff saw a cascade of tomes fall in front of her, Dorian and Torii.

Daisy gently nudged Dorian out of the way and was rewarded for her efforts by having a particularly heavy book fall on her head. The room started to spin as she rubbed the spot where the book had landed.
__________________
Ginevra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 05:00 AM   #36 (permalink)



DMC & DMGS
Dwarf
 
Anna Banana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 35,135

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Torii Stark
Fourth Year

x1
Default
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate ❤

Text Cut: Daisy, Dorian, and Nettie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
Daisy ran through some names in her head trying to remember former Ilvernmorny alumni. "Er...Headmistress Regina Hawthorne, Brent and Kane Westwood are the ones that spring in mind. I hope you are sorted into the house you want. Each of them has their qualities."
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
"Say what now?" Dorian blinked at Daisy and placed his book down when he heard that Derf's bowtruckle had been killed. Had been his own pet or one of the creatures in the care of the ex-professor? Because although they didn't hang out, everyone knew the Hufflepuffs love for creatures so he probably thought that every creature was his...

The news about the bowtruckle was sad and all but he couldn't help but let out a small laugh when Daisy mentioned that her leg had improved thanks to their former Headmaster. "I know what you mean, not that i had an injury but the morning runs really helped me out and i think im going to continue the training when school starts again" ugh he'd never admit this to the man himself.

Instead of giving an answer as well, Dorian nodded his head meaning that he was good. "I'm Dorian. Fifth year in Ravenclaw" he said and stood upright from leaning on the table and accidentally knocked over a stack of books. "Oh geez,wait..." he mumbled more to himself than the two girls and quickly stooped down to pick up the books.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
Nettie was going a little overboard with the books. The reason for this was simple - last term, they hadn't been allowed to read anything for leisure. Only for SCHOOL. So her reading list had gotten soooo long, it was going to take her forever to catch up on it! She had a bit of extra spending money this summer too, since they hadn't had as many trips to Hogsmeade last term. Less trips to Hogsmeade meant less opportunities for stupid spending.

Time to make up for it!

The pile of books that Nettie had in her arms was definitely a bit...excessive. Volumes upon volumes were stacked high in front of her, blocking her view entirely. She was moving slowly, eyes focused purely on the last book, perched HIGH above her small barely-four-foot-eleven frame. She stopped, noticing that it was about to topple off. Oh no, oh no, oh nooooo.

Yes, she had definitely bitten off more than she could chew with this book stack. Why didn't she just get a basket like a normal person?! She'd just kept adding books to the pile, unable to stop herself...

She raised her arm, trying to straighten the top book, and instead...the whole thing toppled in front of her.

"NOOOO!" she exclaimed. She hoped no one was standing in front of her, or they were about to get a pile of books dropped on them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
Daisy nodded solemnly at Dorian. "It happened at the Infant Magical Creatures Nursery. I think Derf was given the task to heal one of the Bowtruckles who I think was called Aster but she was too badly damaged so he did the humane thing and administered a Sleeping Drought. Petrov called it an 'experiment'."

Daisy paused before continuing. "However, I wasn't there so I might not have all the facts straight but I don't know if Derf is ready to relive that particular experience."

She then saw Dorian knock over some books and so she also stooped down to help him pick up the books and place them back on the table. Just as she was doing so, Daisy heard Nettie exclaim and the Hufflepuff saw a cascade of tomes fall in front of her, Dorian and Torii.

Daisy gently nudged Dorian out of the way and was rewarded for her efforts by having a particularly heavy book fall on her head. The room started to spin as she rubbed the spot where the book had landed.


Torii showed a hint of recognition when Regina Hawthorne was mentioned, but as for the Westwood boys? Maybe they were a lot older than she was, because she hadn't remembered them in the three years she was at Ilvermorny. "I've heard a lot of good things about Headmistress Hawthorne," she said, "but I don't think I went to school with the Westwood boys." The hint of recognition on her face was replaced with a hint of sadness. She just wished her best friends and old boyfriend could have made the move with her.

Daisy and Dorian were having some kind of conversation about a kid named Derf and his bowtruckle. Torii had tried not to eavesdrop on it, though, because it didn't really involve her. She didn't even know who Derf was. "Morning...runs?" she asked, picking up on a bit of their conversation. Did Hogwarts do the whole morning runs thing or something? That didn't sound very appealing to Torii, who didn't really get involved in athletics. She noticed that Dorian returned her greeting to him with just a simple nod. She appreciated that. Dorian seemed really cool.

Well, until he knocked over a stack of books, which must have caused a chain reaction, because some girl showed up about that time and splattered her books everywhere, too. While Daisy played the hero, Torii ducked for cover. When she heard the last of the books hit the floor, she stood up and looked around. "Is...everybody okay?" she asked. Merlin! What was up with these Hogwarts kids?
__________________
________________________________________@toriixoxostark

Anna Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 07:53 AM   #37 (permalink)
Moderator
Mungo's Mod



DMLE & DOM
Crumple-Horned Snorkack
 
SweetTreasure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SoCal *sighs*(GMT-8)
Posts: 110,374

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stasya Dalgaard-Volkova
Sixth Year
x5 x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Bryony Keighley
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Dylan Chambers
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Elizabeth Chambers
Flourish and Blotts
Default Seen everyone, but mostly Daisy/Dorian/Nettie/Torii mentioned (and Kaira and Malachi)
Shoe!Girl │ Rebel Ravie │ Confundus Queen │ RP Addict

What with all the happenings in the Alley this summer, Elizabeth was looking forward to it all. Even acknowledging the known fact that summer meant the shop was infinitely more chaotic than it was the rest of the year, it didn’t bother the petite blonde. The twins were at home today (although she expected a bit of begging when they found out about the carnival but she was hoping either Dylan or RJ would be free to watch the eight year olds at that point) so there was one less thing to handle. Just the student-aged customers, and she’d turned from the shelf she was restocking at the sound of a crash. A crash followed by another, it seemed, and she’d cringed as she saw the book meet the Hufflepuff’s head. At least half of the group she remembered from previous summers. Just as she’d also glimpsed a couple younger students heading to the counter (Sangeetha and Malachi). Hopefully they could wait a few moments.

“Is everyone alright?,” she said, approaching them with a concerned expression in her light green eyes, crouching to help put the pile of books to rights. No harm done to those, it appeared, but she was a bit more concerned with the brunette who was rubbing the spot on her head.
__________________
It's time to begin, isn't it? I get a little bit bigger, but then, I'll admit ...

I'm just the same as I was. Now don't you understand I'm never changing who I am
SweetTreasure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 08:13 AM   #38 (permalink)


DERP & DMAC
Chizpurfle
 
Ginevra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Thistlehouse
Posts: 10,464

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daisy Eurus Swann
Sixth Year
x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille (Lucy) Pembrooke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Ursula Agan
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
come and show me the magic | Sacred Twenty-Eight | black cats go with everything | ★

Daisy was now sitting on the floor, still rubbing her head when she heard Torii and Elizabeth Chambers, one of the Flourish and Blotts' shopkeepers ask if she was okay. Daisy started to nod her head but then stopped with a slight groan. "I think I need a few moments. I keep seeing double."

She could feel a small lump developing where she got hit. "Brilliant!" Daisy thought, slightly bitterly.
__________________

Last edited by Ginevra; 12-19-2018 at 10:01 AM.
Ginevra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 07:04 PM   #39 (permalink)


DMGS
Firecrab
 
Sangeetha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Central Perk!
Posts: 759

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kaira Parker
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Laila Parker
Games & Sports
Default
Smelly cat love|so many books so little time|Loonymione| Lives in Central Perk!|Rave Slither & Huff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
He laughs and shakes his head as he leads the way to the counter.
Kaira followed him to the counter as she scanned through the shop for familiar looking titles.
__________________
Sangeetha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 08:51 PM   #40 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Dugbog
 
Malachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 133

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Malachi Mitsue
First Year
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangeetha View Post
Kaira followed him to the counter as she scanned through the shop for familiar looking titles.
Malachi waits patiently at the counter knowing that the shop keeper had to help with the incident that had just happened.

Last edited by Malachi; 12-19-2018 at 10:21 PM.
Malachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 09:58 AM   #41 (permalink)


DMGS
Firecrab
 
Sangeetha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Central Perk!
Posts: 759

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kaira Parker
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Laila Parker
Games & Sports
Default
Smelly cat love|so many books so little time|Loonymione| Lives in Central Perk!|Rave Slither & Huff

Oops. She gave the shopkeeper a smile and said : Yes we are good and waited.
__________________
Sangeetha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 05:36 AM   #42 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM
Dugbog
 
Zannash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 131

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mary Muldoon
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lyra Woods
Mysteries
Default
inverted spacewalker ☄ quoth the Ravenclaw ☄ poptart torso & rainbow trail, nyan

Entering the bookstore, Mary was overwhelmed by the amount of books, so she decided that instead of looking for what she wanted, she would just go to the shopkeeper and ask for her booklist. The shopkeeper would probably be back at the counter in a moment.

Mary stepped into the small line forming at the counter and looks over her booklist, before flipping through the reference tome in a pursuit of curiosity.
Zannash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 05:46 AM   #43 (permalink)



DMC & DMGS
Dwarf
 
Anna Banana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 35,135

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Torii Stark
Fourth Year

x1
Default Was waiting on the others, but it's been a while, so I'll post. ^_^
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate ❤

Text Cut: Elizabeth and Daisy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTiger View Post
What with all the happenings in the Alley this summer, Elizabeth was looking forward to it all. Even acknowledging the known fact that summer meant the shop was infinitely more chaotic than it was the rest of the year, it didn’t bother the petite blonde. The twins were at home today (although she expected a bit of begging when they found out about the carnival but she was hoping either Dylan or RJ would be free to watch the eight year olds at that point) so there was one less thing to handle. Just the student-aged customers, and she’d turned from the shelf she was restocking at the sound of a crash. A crash followed by another, it seemed, and she’d cringed as she saw the book meet the Hufflepuff’s head. At least half of the group she remembered from previous summers. Just as she’d also glimpsed a couple younger students heading to the counter (Sangeetha and Malachi). Hopefully they could wait a few moments.

“Is everyone alright?,” she said, approaching them with a concerned expression in her light green eyes, crouching to help put the pile of books to rights. No harm done to those, it appeared, but she was a bit more concerned with the brunette who was rubbing the spot on her head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
Daisy was now sitting on the floor, still rubbing her head when she heard Torii and Elizabeth Chambers, one of the Flourish and Blotts' shopkeepers ask if she was okay. Daisy started to nod her head but then stopped with a slight groan. "I think I need a few moments. I keep seeing double."

She could feel a small lump developing where she got hit. "Brilliant!" Daisy thought, slightly bitterly.


The sudden appearance of some woman, maybe the shopkeeper Torii guessed, drew in the attention of the fourth year. She crouched down and helped pick up the remaining books. Wasn't there a spell for this sort of thing? Not that Torii could have performed the spell outside of school, but the woman could have, right? Never mind, though. The books were off the floor by now, and that was all that mattered.

She didn't really know what to do to help Daisy, though. Healing spells weren't her thing. Her gaze traveled back to the woman again, thinking maybe she knew some. "Maybe if I help you to your feet and get you to this chair?" she offered. She extended her hand, waiting for Daisy to take it. If this didn't work, Torii was officially out of options.
__________________
________________________________________@toriixoxostark

Anna Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 01:00 PM   #44 (permalink)


DERP & DMAC
Chizpurfle
 
Ginevra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Thistlehouse
Posts: 10,464

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daisy Eurus Swann
Sixth Year
x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille (Lucy) Pembrooke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Ursula Agan
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
come and show me the magic | Sacred Twenty-Eight | black cats go with everything | ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post

The sudden appearance of some woman, maybe the shopkeeper Torii guessed, drew in the attention of the fourth year. She crouched down and helped pick up the remaining books. Wasn't there a spell for this sort of thing? Not that Torii could have performed the spell outside of school, but the woman could have, right? Never mind, though. The books were off the floor by now, and that was all that mattered.

She didn't really know what to do to help Daisy, though. Healing spells weren't her thing. Her gaze traveled back to the woman again, thinking maybe she knew some. "Maybe if I help you to your feet and get you to this chair?" she offered. She extended her hand, waiting for Daisy to take it. If this didn't work, Torii was officially out of options.
When Torii offered her hand to Daisy, she clasped it and slowly and carefully got back to her feet and she sat down on the chair. "Thank you so much, Torii. At least I don't feel as dizzy as I did before."

She looked around and noticed that her vision was back to normal.
__________________
Ginevra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 07:50 PM   #45 (permalink)
House Elf
Gnome
 
Argyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 269
Default Free House Elf

The time before a new school term was always busy, busier still this term as lists had been made to be retrieved. Elvses be out and about instead of in the bustling kitchens. Argyle was happy to help headmaster to help studenteses and the school. Its what house elvses do.

Books…books…books were on Argyle’s list. Some for the library. Some for professoreses. And books was what Argyle saw all around her in towering bookcases of the shop Argyle found herself in. The house elf rubbing her ear as Argyle looked back and forth between the parchment in her grasp and the many tomes in her vision.

Where was Argyle to begin?
Argyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:35 AM   #46 (permalink)


Chizpurfle
 
LilFox06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 10,526

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valencia Phillips
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jayden Monroe

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colin Roderick
Gringotts Wizarding Bank
Default Shopkeeeeeep
Sardine VIP || Shark Attack! || D A R T E R || Captain Oblivious

Bella walked in to the bookshop after work at the university one day. She held in her hand a briefcase full of a book she wrote for the daughters of a few friends. After much consideration, she was talked in to offering it up to other little girls to read.

It was critically important for little girls to read and fantasize about their future careers.

Plus, this made for a great opportunity to raise money for girl's education. Anyone that knew Bella knew how much she cared and was always looking for a way to give back.

So here she was. Heading to the counter.
__________________
LilFox06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 07:59 AM   #47 (permalink)
Moderator
Mungo's Mod



DMLE & DOM
Crumple-Horned Snorkack
 
SweetTreasure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SoCal *sighs*(GMT-8)
Posts: 110,374

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stasya Dalgaard-Volkova
Sixth Year
x5 x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Bryony Keighley
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Dylan Chambers
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Elizabeth Chambers
Flourish and Blotts
Default have a baby Bella in addition to the shopkeep :P
Shoe!Girl │ Rebel Ravie │ Confundus Queen │ RP Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilFox06 View Post
Bella walked in to the bookshop after work at the university one day. She held in her hand a briefcase full of a book she wrote for the daughters of a few friends. After much consideration, she was talked in to offering it up to other little girls to read.

It was critically important for little girls to read and fantasize about their future careers.

Plus, this made for a great opportunity to raise money for girl's education. Anyone that knew Bella knew how much she cared and was always looking for a way to give back.

So here she was. Heading to the counter.
Being here at the shop was way more fun than being at school. Everyone thought so, or at least Bella did. She was learning way more here than she did in the classes at St. Woboldo’s. Mainly, she was learning that people were interesting, as the looks she’d been getting, sitting at the counter pretending to be the shopkeeper while her mama was working.

“Hi!,” she greeted the lady who had walked in and alllll the way to the counter as if she wasn’t looking for books.


“Arabella Chambers what do you think you’re doing?” The question came from around the corner of one of the more squiggly stacks of books seconds before the owner of the voice had, Elizabeth sounding much more exasperated than she actually was. A smile graced the petite blonde’s face as she saw the woman, as well.

“Excuse my daughter. She said she was ill and couldn’t go to school today, but I’m fairly certain that wasn’t entirely true,” she explained, giving the ten-year-old on the stool an indulgent look before turning back to the customer. “Was there something I could help you with?” A book she was having trouble finding, anything that actually needed her assistance.
__________________
It's time to begin, isn't it? I get a little bit bigger, but then, I'll admit ...

I'm just the same as I was. Now don't you understand I'm never changing who I am
SweetTreasure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:57 AM   #48 (permalink)


Chizpurfle
 
LilFox06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 10,526

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valencia Phillips
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jayden Monroe

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colin Roderick
Gringotts Wizarding Bank
Default
Sardine VIP || Shark Attack! || D A R T E R || Captain Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTiger View Post
Being here at the shop was way more fun than being at school. Everyone thought so, or at least Bella did. She was learning way more here than she did in the classes at St. Woboldo’s. Mainly, she was learning that people were interesting, as the looks she’d been getting, sitting at the counter pretending to be the shopkeeper while her mama was working.

“Hi!,” she greeted the lady who had walked in and alllll the way to the counter as if she wasn’t looking for books.


“Arabella Chambers what do you think you’re doing?” The question came from around the corner of one of the more squiggly stacks of books seconds before the owner of the voice had, Elizabeth sounding much more exasperated than she actually was. A smile graced the petite blonde’s face as she saw the woman, as well.

“Excuse my daughter. She said she was ill and couldn’t go to school today, but I’m fairly certain that wasn’t entirely true,” she explained, giving the ten-year-old on the stool an indulgent look before turning back to the customer. “Was there something I could help you with?” A book she was having trouble finding, anything that actually needed her assistance.
Bella Keller Drechsler smiled at the kid. She adored kids. This one was right around Valencia and Anna's age. Her target audience.

How perfect.

"Hello there." she greeted the little girl. "How are you today?" Children could be so fascinating if you let them talk.

She smiled in the direction of the actual shopkeeper. "No problem at all." she said happily. "In fact, she might be able to help me as well."

She pulled a copy of her book out of her bag and set it on the counter. "I wrote a book for the children of some friends. I thought perhaps I could sell a few copies to raise money for girl's education."

She patted the book on the counter. Self published. She even found an illustrator who believed in the cause and offered his services for free.

"It's actually part of a collection I'm working on. This one is about a cursebreaker. She..." emphasis on female main character "has a similar story arc to the muggle Cinderella fairytale, without the dress and the shoes, but with a book she found in an ancient library." Because who needs a fairy godmother when you can have a LIBRARY!?

She then slid the book toward the girl on the counter. "You can read it an let me know if you think other little girls might like it? So far I've only really given it to people I know..." So she really had no idea if anyone would even like it.
__________________
LilFox06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:27 PM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171