sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 186 users online including...
rbdbarbaditrin , leoutletoutlet , SilverRain , Samia , lorvellthre , heschcesa , eakindott

13 members
173 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > L'Académie de Magie Beauxbâtons > Au Deuxième Étage > Muggle Studies

Muggle Studies Fascinating beings, those Muggles. Come learn about the Muggle world and the ways they get by without using magic!

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2019, 02:25 PM
ArianaBlack ArianaBlack is offline
 
Default Muggle Studies Lesson 2: #can #we #build #it



It's the time-slot before lunch and you are very hungry.... FoR kNoWlEdGe!!! Hopefully. Because your class is very far from the dining chamber today. Just another wrench thrown into things, but no matter! Your Professor won't let this wrench throw you for a loop. The less-than-ideal grassy surrounding behind the castle is actually the FIFTH best place to host this lesson! Don't fret, your Professor has secured the surrounding area with ample heating charms. Once you enter the boundaries, you'll be warm and snuggly.

Anyway (anyway, anyway).


As you make your way to the clearing you will notice a few (or more dependent upon your attention span) things. First thing. Professor Schmoe (sans Rubik's cube, avec fidget spinner) is standing around letting you know that you can sit or stand around until class begins. Second thing. Boxes. Lots and lots of BIG cardboard boxes, presumably filled with THINGS and STUFF. Third thing. The toolboxes by your Professor's feet. There were lots of them. Fourth thing. Nah, there isn't a fourth thing. Just hang tight.



OOC: whaddup, ya dashing ducks!? welcome to our second MS lesson of the year (ooc), but ic like somethingteenth lesson of the year. please take a look at the classroom rules while you're here. i'll post in about 20ish hours to officially start the lesson.


Class has OFFICIALLY BEGUN. Please post as if you've been here the whole time.


Lesson Progress:
+ QUESTION ONE: How do muggles know how to assemble their furniture? (& arrivals)
+ MINI-ACTIVITY: Unboxing the furniture!
+ QUESTION TWO: What are some strategies you may take into consideration when putting together the furniture?
+ MAIN ACTIVITY: We're building things.

Old 10-01-2019, 03:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Moderator
Gladrags Mod



DMC & DMAC
Bugbear
 
hermionesclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London
Posts: 31,827

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lucas Sebastian Dakest
Fourth Year

x11 x11

Ministry RPG Name:
Zhuó Xiá Li
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Grayson Douglas Whitlock
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
Magikarp #3 | Pat's Strong Confident Other Half | Pees Like a Champion Unicorn Racehorse

It was cold and he was hungry and the last place he wanted to be was here.

You know, outside. Muggle Studies was fine.

Crossing his arms across his chest, Lucas headed down to..... wherever this place was. Behind the castle. Why they had to have the lesson out here, he didn't really know and wasn't really going to question it. Maybe this was just Schmoe's idea of a fun lesson. He did say not to bring any textbooks, after all.

Speaking of, the fourth year spotted the Muggle Studies professor long before he was close enough to speak to him. He hurried up the last few steps, a little surprised to see that there was no one else there. But what surprised him even MORE was the wave of heat that washed over him the minute he stepped over the boundary. He paused to let out a very relieved sigh before saying, "Hello, Professor." Smile. The man looked busy with whatever he was fiddling with so he just..... went to sit. Right over there. Yeah.

It was only when he was seated that he noticed the boxes. Lots and lots of boxes filled with a bunch of things he was sure he'd find out about soon. But it didn't look like he had to wait too long because, sure enough, his eyes found the toolboxes by Schmoe's feet and..... something clicked.

...............

Oh no. Oh no oh no.

Lucas physically let out a small groan. If this was what he thought it was about, he was..... very inclined to leave. Right now. Before he lost any fingers.
__________________
hermionesclone is offline  
Old 10-01-2019, 04:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW Mod


DMLE & DoM
Norwegian Ridgeback
 
Felixir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Posts: 46,398

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kaiser
Sixth Year
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Jake Upstead
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Jasper Beaufort
Mysteries
Default
tag yourself i'm felix | daxton prince was here | schrödinger's tag

If Kaiser recalled correctly, Schmoe had said something in that one lesson a while back about ordering in the furniture they had chosen so that they could all build it. Since then, he had been waiting to see exactly when that lesson would arrive. Not in anticipation exactly, though he was curious to see if he was any good at putting furniture together, but more because any deviation from theory was welcome.

It was a curious place to hold a lesson, but then, Schmoe was weird, so Kaiser wasn't surprised. There was also the fact that a lot of professors sometimes seemed to struggle to find places to hold their lessons at Beauxbatons, so even when the teachers weren't as weird as Schmoe, Kaiser seldom batted an eyelid. He just showed up, did the lesson, and left.

He naturally felt the chill on his way to the lesson, but it was nothing Kaiser couldn't handle. And anyway, once he reached the designated area, the air warmed up significantly. He lingered in a free space and took a look at the cardboard boxes and the toolboxes, and wondered, Is today the day?

Oh right. Kaiser looked up at Schmoe and began to deliver his customary one word greeting. "Mor-" ... There was that spinning thing again. Kaiser still didn't know what it was, but he couldn't help but stare at it for a few moments. Strange, weird, odd thing. Very suited to the person holding it. But anyway anyway anyway, ahem. "Morning."
__________________
Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes ~ Grab Bag Challenge ~ Ficlets ~ Drabbles ~ My Characters.

May I never be _C O M P L E T E._ May I never be _C O N T E N T._ May I never be _P U R R F E C T.
Felixir is offline  
Old 10-01-2019, 05:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Slytherin

MO
Billywig
 
hjhm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Coffee pot
Posts: 3,610

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jillian Kim
Fifth Year
x4 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Jonathan Kim
Minister's Office
Default
♣ PASTRIES | MCU and beyond | I am Heejin || The CAFE enthusiast | Music Fan ♣

Jillian is low-key thrilled about Muggle Studies. She enjoyed that last lesson they had with Schmoe despite the annoying sounds the chalk made AND that his hand was filled with chalk dust. She's hoping that they get to do more designing for the next lesson, although she doubts it. What she's not thrilled with is the fact that this lesson is conducted outside where it is cold. Ugh. She doesn't mind it peculiar thing to have but he looks like he is enjoying it, odd. Then again, Professor Schmoe is odd so this is not surprising at all.

"Hello, Professor" Jillian said as she walks toward one area and takes her seat.

__________________
hjhm is offline  
Old 10-01-2019, 11:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod


DMAC & DMGS
Nargle
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alicante, Idris
Posts: 198,953

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
First Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Megan Baines
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports
Default
Alicia Lightwood- Bane ~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~ WhittyBitty's

Claudine remembered quite clearly Schmoe had said that they'd be assembling furniture that they had picked out during the previous lesson. She wasn't quite sure how she felt about that, or about this class as a whole. She was a witch; would she really need Muggle skills later on in life? Regardless, she was there now.

The boxes and the toolboxes were quite noticeable which confirmed what the lesson would be about. Oh, joy.

"Professor.'' Claudine nodded solemnly, her eyes darting to the spinny thing. What was that thing? She really didn't care that much so she pushed that question out of her mind and found a nice, quiet, student-free spot to stand.
__________________
FearlessLeader19 is offline  
Old 10-02-2019, 12:11 AM   #6 (permalink)



DERP & DMLE
Kappa
 
TakemetotheBurrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 13,411

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cecelia Elizabeth Summers
First Year

x12 x7

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina
Environmental Protection
Default
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

"Hello Professor." Hi. Cecelia was here and on her best behavior for reasons. Yeah.

The small gryffindor was PRETTY sure that those big, big, BIG boxes just HAD to be full of the cool furniture that everyone was picking out during one of their other lessons, so she was ALSO pretty sure she should be sitting RIGHT by her good pal Lucas who had helped her map out the coolest game room of ALL TIME. "Hope you're good at building stuff," She said cheerfully, settling down beside the older boy. She might be good, maybe, but she just hadn't really been given the opportunity to build her own furniture yet in life. This might be her MOMENT.
__________________
TakemetotheBurrow is offline  
Old 10-02-2019, 01:38 AM   #7 (permalink)

Forum Manager



DMLE & DMAC
Sea Serpent
 
Cassirin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: *Nom nom nom*
Posts: 41,582

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe James
First Year

x7 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Carrigan Howard
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Phoebe was vibrating with excitement at the sight of all those BOXES. And tools. And PROFESSOR. Yeah, he was pretty cool too. She waved excitedly at the professor before vibrating her way toward all. The. Boxes.

"Hi, Professor! Hi! Are we building something today? How are you?"
__________________
xoxox
Cassirin is offline  
Old 10-02-2019, 02:24 AM   #8 (permalink)




DMLE & DOM
Crumple-Horned Snorkack
 
SilverTiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SoCal *sighs*(GMT-8)
Posts: 110,612

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Carys Rose
Fourth Year
x5 x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Bryony Keighley
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Dylan Morgenstern
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Elizabeth Chambers
Flourish and Blotts
Default
Shoe!Girl │ Rebel Ravie │ Confundus Queen │ RP Addict

A lot had gone on at the castle already, and Carys honestly was terrified that the headmistress was going to decide that they were all not worth the trouble and kick her and the rest of Hogwarts out. All that was left was for Beauxbatons to be overrun with some sort of chaos or another above everything that had already happened, and she felt like she wasn’t ready for that. It felt like she was just getting used to things here.

Not only that, but as she’d headed out to the designated spot for the next Muggle Studies lesson, she had the odd sensation that she missed her puffskein-esque beanbag. She doubted the odd furniture had been transferred outside, and as she’d arrived that feeling had been only proved correct. There wasn’t an unconventional seat in sight, unless the boxes strewn about counted.

“Hi Professor Schmoe,” she said, giving him a smile even as she’d eyed the box nearest where she’d stopped. The toolboxes hadn’t missed her notice either, but it was the box that kept her attention.
__________________
Don't let the fear keep you from climbing. And if you fall to the ground just keep trying

Head up in the clouds, never looking down. Nothing's gonna stop us this time round
SilverTiger is offline  
Old 10-02-2019, 03:16 AM   #9 (permalink)

Ravenclaw

DMT & DMLE
Lobalug
 
Fireheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Bikini Bottom
Posts: 183

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Avalon Sinclair
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Grae Fairfield
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Ryder Medina
Law Enforcement
Default

There were......boxes. Lots and lots of boxes. Cardboard boxes, toolboxes. Perhaps today they were building the strange furniture they had picked out from that lesson a few weeks ago? Either way, Avalon was looking forward to being done with classes for the day. She was sleepier than usual, because she had forgotten to sip her morning tea before her first class of the day. At least she was no longer getting lost around the castle. It had only taken several weeks, but she finally knew her way around Beauxbatons.

"Good morning, Professor," Avalon said as she sidled up to an empty spot on the floor. Yes, she would stand for now. Sitting might make her even sleepier. She checked her wristwatch, confirming that it was still morning. Indeed it was. Only a few more hours until a delicious sandwich and pumpkin juice for lunch. Hopefully this lesson would go by rather quickly.
Fireheart is offline  
Old 10-02-2019, 06:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Minister for Magic
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Erumpent
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 33,709

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fifth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post
Default Hi Fifi HI
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Every lesson since the carrot dangling had Eiji entering whatever part of Beauxbatons Professor S'more had snatched up for lessons with certain expectations. Expectations that had been sorely disappointed and his mood soured immediately, which resulted in no particular change in his behavior during lessons. He was typically quiet so sitting through the general Q&A and discussion was perfectly normal.

But today. Today was different.

So his expectations tingled when he entered and saw all the boxes.

Come on desk...come on desk...

His hazel-green eyed met the professor with a hint of delight, though no words were shared, and he made his way over towards Phoebe - who he assumed he would be working with at some point since they had designed this room together. Sort of. He had taken some of her suggestions on board. Ish.

"I sure hope so," he said casually to the pseudo little sister.

And if all these cardboard boxes were to built forts...he was leaving.


__________________


like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion.............
like how a single word can make a heart open...................
I might only have one match but I can make an explosion.............
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 10-02-2019, 06:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
Moderator
St Mungos Mod


DIMC & MO
Moke
 
MadMadamMalfoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Storybrooke
Posts: 8,810

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Fantine "Tina" Dantes
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Hector Velez
International Cooperation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Vitani Kama
Paradise Piercings and Tattoos
Default
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Pirate Princess ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Fiery Phoenix

Tina didn't mind the time and setting for the lesson at all. She liked being outside, especially after being cooped up in the castle for most of last term, and the weather...it was nothing she hadn't already seen before. Whether or not the Beauxbatons people chose to acknowledge her as such, she had been one of their own for four years, so she was used to it. Besides, she was perfectly capable of performing a heating charm if she needed one, so all things considered, Tina was in a pretty good mood as she made her way to Muggle Studies.

The best part of the location? Being farther away from the castle kept her farther away from Headmistress Diaper-baby… well, unless she decided to make a special guest appearance for another episode of The Blame Game, which frankly wouldn't surprise Tina at all at this point. Did Schmoe want to continue the class through lunch? Because Tina would be all for that! She might ask him if he needed any extra help after class… anything to keep her out of the dining hall at lunchtime! She didn't want to set foot in the same room with that woman after the way she treated her, the way she treated the younger students!

"Good morning, Professor," Tina greeted as she approached, giving the man a small smile. As she took a seat, she noticed several humongous cardboard boxes laying around, and there were toolboxes too. She had a pretty good idea where this was going. Was this going to be the lesson where they built furniture? She remembered Schmoe talking about it earlier in the term, and she couldn't imagine what else those boxes could possibly be. It seemed a safe bet.
__________________
* What if I'm trying but then I close my eyes and then I'm right back lost in that last goodbye?*

* What if time doesn't do what it's supposed to do? What if I never get over you?*
MadMadamMalfoy is offline  
Old 10-02-2019, 10:05 AM   #12 (permalink)


DERP & DMGS
Augurey
 
Ginevra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Looking at the sky
Posts: 11,809

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Fiona "FP" Jenovick
First Year
x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille (Lucy) Pembrooke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Swann
Games & Sports
Default
come and show me the magic | Sacred Twenty-Eight | black cats go with everything | ★

Fiona wasn't too sure if she felt excited or dread as she made her way to the lesson. "Hello, Professor Schmoe," she greeted before finding herself a spot to sit on a small distance away from Claudine. Her eyes spotted the assortment of boxes and she rolled her eyes. To be building things before lunch didn't appeal to her but she'll give it a chance. Maybe it would be a decent lesson and Fiona was in need of some more decent lessons.
__________________
Ginevra is offline  
Old 10-02-2019, 04:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


MO & DMT
Chizpurfle
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #E47833
Posts: 10,279

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Finneas Schmoe
Graduated
x10 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin ‘Yassi’ Golshiri
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Zander Adair
Minister's Office
Default Start of lesson
doesn't proofread tweets|#wrongaboutcereal |ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ|plot twist|#thefloorislava

SPOILER!!: greetings, earthlings
SPOILER!!: Lucas
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionesclone View Post
It was cold and he was hungry and the last place he wanted to be was here.

You know, outside. Muggle Studies was fine.

Crossing his arms across his chest, Lucas headed down to..... wherever this place was. Behind the castle. Why they had to have the lesson out here, he didn't really know and wasn't really going to question it. Maybe this was just Schmoe's idea of a fun lesson. He did say not to bring any textbooks, after all.

Speaking of, the fourth year spotted the Muggle Studies professor long before he was close enough to speak to him. He hurried up the last few steps, a little surprised to see that there was no one else there. But what surprised him even MORE was the wave of heat that washed over him the minute he stepped over the boundary. He paused to let out a very relieved sigh before saying, "Hello, Professor." Smile. The man looked busy with whatever he was fiddling with so he just..... went to sit. Right over there. Yeah.

It was only when he was seated that he noticed the boxes. Lots and lots of boxes filled with a bunch of things he was sure he'd find out about soon. But it didn't look like he had to wait too long because, sure enough, his eyes found the toolboxes by Schmoe's feet and..... something clicked.

...............

Oh no. Oh no oh no.

Lucas physically let out a small groan. If this was what he thought it was about, he was..... very inclined to leave. Right now. Before he lost any fingers.

Finneas didn't know what to do with his feet. He didn't know what to do with his hands either, but fortunately the spinner helped with that. Though the one hand and the two feet were just.... there. So he walked in small circles, let the one arm swing idly by his side, and spun with the other hand. UNTIL, until, UnTiL: Their first arrival showed up.

Finneas greeted the boy with a large, uncharacteristic sort of smile. "Hello, Lucas," it was far less nerve-wracking being the professor after you've done it a few times. Or twenty something times. It took Schmoes longer than it took most people to feel less nerve-wracked. ANYWAY. Any of Lucas' total distaste for the lesson topic today went straight over his head.


SPOILER!!: Kaiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
If Kaiser recalled correctly, Schmoe had said something in that one lesson a while back about ordering in the furniture they had chosen so that they could all build it. Since then, he had been waiting to see exactly when that lesson would arrive. Not in anticipation exactly, though he was curious to see if he was any good at putting furniture together, but more because any deviation from theory was welcome.

It was a curious place to hold a lesson, but then, Schmoe was weird, so Kaiser wasn't surprised. There was also the fact that a lot of professors sometimes seemed to struggle to find places to hold their lessons at Beauxbatons, so even when the teachers weren't as weird as Schmoe, Kaiser seldom batted an eyelid. He just showed up, did the lesson, and left.

He naturally felt the chill on his way to the lesson, but it was nothing Kaiser couldn't handle. And anyway, once he reached the designated area, the air warmed up significantly. He lingered in a free space and took a look at the cardboard boxes and the toolboxes, and wondered, Is today the day?

Oh right. Kaiser looked up at Schmoe and began to deliver his customary one word greeting. "Mor-" ... There was that spinning thing again. Kaiser still didn't know what it was, but he couldn't help but stare at it for a few moments. Strange, weird, odd thing. Very suited to the person holding it. But anyway anyway anyway, ahem. "Morning."

Ah, Kaiser. What a peculiar, intimidating, and also a little bit scary boy. Schmoe was fond of him. From a distance. He gave the Slytherin an uncomfortable smile as he approached, before following his eyes to the fidget spinner. "Ha, ha, ha, yeaaaaaaah," was his explanation.

And also, "Good morning, Kaiser," he blinked three times.


SPOILER!!: Jillian
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjhm View Post
Jillian is low-key thrilled about Muggle Studies. She enjoyed that last lesson they had with Schmoe despite the annoying sounds the chalk made AND that his hand was filled with chalk dust. She's hoping that they get to do more designing for the next lesson, although she doubts it. What she's not thrilled with is the fact that this lesson is conducted outside where it is cold. Ugh. She doesn't mind it peculiar thing to have but he looks like he is enjoying it, odd. Then again, Professor Schmoe is odd so this is not surprising at all.

"Hello, Professor" Jillian said as she walks toward one area and takes her seat.

Fortunately for Finneas, another student made their way over to the clearing shortly following Kaiser, meaning that Schmoe could direct his attention elsewhere now. Phew. Close one. Amiright. "Hello, Jillian," he adjusted his bowtie and looked at his shoes.

SPOILER!!: Claudine
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Claudine remembered quite clearly Schmoe had said that they'd be assembling furniture that they had picked out during the previous lesson. She wasn't quite sure how she felt about that, or about this class as a whole. She was a witch; would she really need Muggle skills later on in life? Regardless, she was there now.

The boxes and the toolboxes were quite noticeable which confirmed what the lesson would be about. Oh, joy.

"Professor.'' Claudine nodded solemnly, her eyes darting to the spinny thing. What was that thing? She really didn't care that much so she pushed that question out of her mind and found a nice, quiet, student-free spot to stand.

His shoes very much needed some shining, but with what TIME? There was always something going on in the castle. Perhaps he could ask for a shoe-shining break when he went to sign his next contract. ANYWAY. (Anway). (Anyway).

Looking up from his shoes, he made brief eye contact with the next student. "Good to see you, Claudine," he replied nervously, though he wasn't sure if it was. She was always looking at him in a certain way that made him uneasy.


SPOILER!!: Cecelia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakemetotheBurrow View Post
"Hello Professor." Hi. Cecelia was here and on her best behavior for reasons. Yeah.

The small gryffindor was PRETTY sure that those big, big, BIG boxes just HAD to be full of the cool furniture that everyone was picking out during one of their other lessons, so she was ALSO pretty sure she should be sitting RIGHT by her good pal Lucas who had helped her map out the coolest game room of ALL TIME. "Hope you're good at building stuff," She said cheerfully, settling down beside the older boy. She might be good, maybe, but she just hadn't really been given the opportunity to build her own furniture yet in life. This might be her MOMENT.

The first years. They were all highly engaged. Which Finneas appreciated immensely. They were also all high energy, which made Finneas very nervous. "Good morning, Cecelia," he gave her a toothy smile before quickly looking down at his spinner.

SPOILER!!: Phoebe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
Phoebe was vibrating with excitement at the sight of all those BOXES. And tools. And PROFESSOR. Yeah, he was pretty cool too. She waved excitedly at the professor before vibrating her way toward all. The. Boxes.

"Hi, Professor! Hi! Are we building something today? How are you?"

And they all arrived around the same time, it seemed. There were so many of them. So many little people. Finneas gave the next one a horribly awkward wave in return as she bounded near. "Errr... We just might be, Phoebe," you know because there had to be some element of surprise still right? "I'm... Well, how are you?" And also, could she go sit. Or stand. Ho, ho, ho.


SPOILER!!: Carys
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTiger View Post
A lot had gone on at the castle already, and Carys honestly was terrified that the headmistress was going to decide that they were all not worth the trouble and kick her and the rest of Hogwarts out. All that was left was for Beauxbatons to be overrun with some sort of chaos or another above everything that had already happened, and she felt like she wasn’t ready for that. It felt like she was just getting used to things here.

Not only that, but as she’d headed out to the designated spot for the next Muggle Studies lesson, she had the odd sensation that she missed her puffskein-esque beanbag. She doubted the odd furniture had been transferred outside, and as she’d arrived that feeling had been only proved correct. There wasn’t an unconventional seat in sight, unless the boxes strewn about counted.

“Hi Professor Schmoe,” she said, giving him a smile even as she’d eyed the box nearest where she’d stopped. The toolboxes hadn’t missed her notice either, but it was the box that kept her attention.

............ Finneas had seen this one coming from very far away. And he quickly began his internal dilemma over which twin this was. "Carys...." Yes. Carys. Thank Merlin they were sorted into different houses, it made all the difference. "Hello, er, feel free to sit or stand," he gestured.


SPOILER!!: Avalon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireheart View Post
There were......boxes. Lots and lots of boxes. Cardboard boxes, toolboxes. Perhaps today they were building the strange furniture they had picked out from that lesson a few weeks ago? Either way, Avalon was looking forward to being done with classes for the day. She was sleepier than usual, because she had forgotten to sip her morning tea before her first class of the day. At least she was no longer getting lost around the castle. It had only taken several weeks, but she finally knew her way around Beauxbatons.

"Good morning, Professor," Avalon said as she sidled up to an empty spot on the floor. Yes, she would stand for now. Sitting might make her even sleepier. She checked her wristwatch, confirming that it was still morning. Indeed it was. Only a few more hours until a delicious sandwich and pumpkin juice for lunch. Hopefully this lesson would go by rather quickly.


Finneas checked his watch as more students trickled in. Fortunately they'd be starting soon because he didn't know what to do with his legs still. Funny things legs were. "Good morning, Avalon," he returned the greeting. Blink three times.

SPOILER!!: Eiji
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Every lesson since the carrot dangling had Eiji entering whatever part of Beauxbatons Professor S'more had snatched up for lessons with certain expectations. Expectations that had been sorely disappointed and his mood soured immediately, which resulted in no particular change in his behavior during lessons. He was typically quiet so sitting through the general Q&A and discussion was perfectly normal.

But today. Today was different.

So his expectations tingled when he entered and saw all the boxes.

Come on desk...come on desk...

His hazel-green eyed met the professor with a hint of delight, though no words were shared, and he made his way over towards Phoebe - who he assumed he would be working with at some point since they had designed this room together. Sort of. He had taken some of her suggestions on board. Ish.

"I sure hope so," he said casually to the pseudo little sister.

And if all these cardboard boxes were to built forts...he was leaving.

Finneas Schmoe was not good at picking up on things. BUT when he made very short-lived eye contact with Eiji Rasting, he noticed the sparkle. Which could only mean one thing. Eiji loved Muggle Studies. It only took four entire months, but Finneas had finally done it. HA HA! Victory. He'd take it.

SPOILER!!: Tina
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
Tina didn't mind the time and setting for the lesson at all. She liked being outside, especially after being cooped up in the castle for most of last term, and the weather...it was nothing she hadn't already seen before. Whether or not the Beauxbatons people chose to acknowledge her as such, she had been one of their own for four years, so she was used to it. Besides, she was perfectly capable of performing a heating charm if she needed one, so all things considered, Tina was in a pretty good mood as she made her way to Muggle Studies.

The best part of the location? Being farther away from the castle kept her farther away from Headmistress Diaper-baby… well, unless she decided to make a special guest appearance for another episode of The Blame Game, which frankly wouldn't surprise Tina at all at this point. Did Schmoe want to continue the class through lunch? Because Tina would be all for that! She might ask him if he needed any extra help after class… anything to keep her out of the dining hall at lunchtime! She didn't want to set foot in the same room with that woman after the way she treated her, the way she treated the younger students!

"Good morning, Professor," Tina greeted as she approached, giving the man a small smile. As she took a seat, she noticed several humongous cardboard boxes laying around, and there were toolboxes too. She had a pretty good idea where this was going. Was this going to be the lesson where they built furniture? She remembered Schmoe talking about it earlier in the term, and she couldn't imagine what else those boxes could possibly be. It seemed a safe bet.

Feeling all sorts of accomplished upon Eiji's hidden enthusiasm, Finneas was far more confident when he gave Tina a smile in welcome. "Hello Tina," Ho, ho, ho. He checked his watch once more.

SPOILER!!: Fiona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
Fiona wasn't too sure if she felt excited or dread as she made her way to the lesson. "Hello, Professor Schmoe," she greeted before finding herself a spot to sit on a small distance away from Claudine. Her eyes spotted the assortment of boxes and she rolled her eyes. To be building things before lunch didn't appeal to her but she'll give it a chance. Maybe it would be a decent lesson and Fiona was in need of some more decent lessons.

Annnnnnnnnnd it was almost time. Finneas was counting down the seconds, watching the hand on his watch tick-tick-tick-tick OH. "Hello, student Fiona," heh. Get it? He was joking. Okay anyway. It was TIME.

The anticipation was building. Finneas could sense it.

After checking his watch one last time, the noodley man took center stage. Center grassy area. Center... Center. He took center. AnYwAy. "Er," yes. Excellent start. "Hello class," he gave them all an uncomfortable smile, pocketing his fidget spinner and fidgeting with his bowtie instead. "As some of you may have guessed, our furniture has arrived and today... We will be assembling it! Which unfortunately means there will be very little theory for today's lesson." He had LOADS of theory for the next one though, so hopefully no one was too disappointed. Practical lessons were just as important, experiential learning was known to enhance understanding. He read a book about it. Yes.

"As you can see... We are outside," nice. "It isn't the ideal environment for this sort of task, but errrrrrrrr, well, the classrooms were all booked and," he shrugged with his limp-noodle arms. "Sometimes, it be like that." Cool. Great. EXCELLENT. Anyway, anyway, anyway.

"As you may recall," because this was all really a continuation of all that they had been learning this unit. "When a muggle orders their furniture from Ikea whether that be in store, online, or through mail, the furniture will arrive disassembled. Which means that they have to assemble the pieces themselves or hire someone to do it for them." Y E S. Good. Very good. They were listening right? "These boxes," he gestured around the space. "Contain some of the furniture items that you all picked out in our very first lesson, but they are disassembled. Which means we have the pleasure of putting them together today! How fun." So. FUN.

"Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr," he began. "Before we begin, I'd like us all to consider a question. How do muggles know how to assemble their furniture?" He waited, looking at them all in anticipation. "There are a few more obvious answers, but feel free to think outside of the box." He he he he he. So many punderful jokes today.


OOC: Lesson officially begins NOW. Please refrain from posting late arrivals unless you don't mind dealing with the IC consequences. Otherwise, just pretend like you've been here the whole time ~oooh magic~. I'll move us along in 24+ hours.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 10-02-2019, 04:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Slytherin

DMC
Puffskein
 
2111jen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hogwarts :)
Posts: 1,243

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Austin Spencer
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Caleb Queen
Magical Creatures
Default
Stay Free

Austin blinked. Being a halfblood, muggle on his mum's side has it's advantages. He raised his hand.
"When you open the box, there's a little booklet that you read through. It shows you exactly how to put the furnature together."

Last edited by 2111jen; 10-02-2019 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Spelling
2111jen is offline  
Old 10-02-2019, 04:43 PM   #15 (permalink)



DERP & DMLE
Kappa
 
TakemetotheBurrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 13,411

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cecelia Elizabeth Summers
First Year

x12 x7

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina
Environmental Protection
Default
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

They WERE going to be building some furniture! Cecelia BEAMED at Lucas and wiggled a bit in her spot, eager to get to work. Truth be told, she was super glad they wouldn't be talking lots today. She MUCH preferred doing all the hands-on stuff, she did.

Raising her hand, the small blonde waited for her turn to share an answer. "You know, sometimes I don't even think muggles DO know how to buil-assemble the furniture. Bet some of 'em just take out all the pieces and try and see if they can figure it out on their own 'cause they think they know best. Some people do think that, they do." She paused, and then added. "Bet that method takes a lot longer, though."
__________________
TakemetotheBurrow is offline  
Old 10-02-2019, 04:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
Slytherin

DMC
Puffskein
 
2111jen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hogwarts :)
Posts: 1,243

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Austin Spencer
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Caleb Queen
Magical Creatures
Default
Stay Free

SPOILER!!: Funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakemetotheBurrow View Post
They WERE going to be building some furniture! Cecelia BEAMED at Lucas and wiggled a bit in her spot, eager to get to work. Truth be told, she was super glad they wouldn't be talking lots today. She MUCH preferred doing all the hands-on stuff, she did.

Raising her hand, the small blonde waited for her turn to share an answer. "You know, sometimes I don't even think muggles DO know how to buil-assemble the furniture. Bet some of 'em just take out all the pieces and try and see if they can figure it out on their own 'cause they think they know best. Some people do think that, they do." She paused, and then added. "Bet that method takes a lot longer, though."

Austin snorted at that comment. He looked at who said that.
"My uncle does that," he grinned.
2111jen is offline  
Old 10-02-2019, 05:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
Moderator
St Mungos Mod


DIMC & MO
Moke
 
MadMadamMalfoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Storybrooke
Posts: 8,810

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Fantine "Tina" Dantes
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Hector Velez
International Cooperation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Vitani Kama
Paradise Piercings and Tattoos
Default
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Pirate Princess ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Fiery Phoenix

Tina wasn't the least bit surprised when Schmoe said they'd be building furniture today. You know what else didn't surprise her at all? The announcement that all the classrooms were booked. Seems to be an ongoing pattern when it comes to Hogwarts classes… She was getting really tired of her former school's elitist attitude toward her current one, but she couldn't allow herself to think about that right now. It made her too angry to pay attention to anything else!

Taking a deep breath, she refocused her attention. What was the question again? Oh, right. How do non magiques muggles know how to assemble furniture? The obvious answer was to read the set of instructions that came in the box, but, predictably, that was one of the first things said. Tina thought for a minute. How else could one find the assembly instructions without looking at the booklet in the box? The internet, of course! Her hand shot up, and she said, "Sometimes, if there is no instruction book included or if the instructions are confusing, muggles can look up how to assemble furniture on the internet. There are plenty of how-to instructions and tutorial videos there."
__________________
* What if I'm trying but then I close my eyes and then I'm right back lost in that last goodbye?*

* What if time doesn't do what it's supposed to do? What if I never get over you?*
MadMadamMalfoy is offline  
Old 10-02-2019, 05:42 PM   #18 (permalink)

Ravenclaw

DMT & DMLE
Lobalug
 
Fireheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Bikini Bottom
Posts: 183

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Avalon Sinclair
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Grae Fairfield
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Ryder Medina
Law Enforcement
Default

Avalon had helped her grandfather build a few pieces of furniture back in France. Of course, her mom had suggested just to use magic instead, but Grand-père insisted on learning the value of manual work. Because Avalon was only a few years old at the time, her help mostly consisted of handing him strange tools and pieces of metal. These days, she knew that Muggles liked to surf the web to find out information. They used that website....what was it called, the Goggle? She raised her hand. "Muggles often use the Internet to look up information. They might look online for inspiration on what to build or Goggle what tools to use." She paused. No, Goggle didn't sound right. It was Google, wasn't it? "Google, I mean! Sorry," she added. Muggles used such silly names for things.
Fireheart is offline  
Old 10-02-2019, 06:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
Slytherin

MO
Lobalug
 
love-for-HP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 173

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Blake Ryan
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alba Johnston
Minister's Office
Default

It should come with instructions. Like either pictures or words telling you which pieces go where and which nuts, bolts, and screws to use." Blake felt rather proud of himself.... well okay, maybe he had no right to be so proud since he grew up a muggle. But for once he at least had the right answers.
__________________
love-for-HP is offline  
Old 10-02-2019, 10:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod


DMAC & DMGS
Nargle
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alicante, Idris
Posts: 198,953

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
First Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Megan Baines
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports
Default
Alicia Lightwood- Bane ~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~ WhittyBitty's

Claudine decided, as she watched Schmoe, that this was simply the way he was. He was probably uncomfortable in crowds or even around small groups of people. Maybe that was the reason he always needed to have something in his hands; it was to distract him. Whatever the reason, she could relate: she disliked being around to many persons.

So she had remembered correctly: they would be building. Claudine was not excited. She rolled her eyes at the box pun but considered the question. “They contact Ikea for help?’’ she suggested from the isolated spot she had chosen to stand. Oh yes, her hand was up and she had waited to be called upon.
__________________
FearlessLeader19 is offline  
Old 10-02-2019, 10:50 PM   #21 (permalink)



DMGS
Hinkypunk
 
siriusblackliveson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: (EST)
Posts: 12,343

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Patrick Dooley
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nathaniel Flannagan
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Victoria Martin
Madam Malkin's
Default been here all along
Stealthy Ninja Queen | Snake For Life | waddling baker | binge royalty ♚

He had tried to keep an open mind about being shuffled around from classroom to classroom this term. It was weird and often made it hard for him to get his head in the classroom mindset. But he shrugged it off because if their professors were willing to work around it then by merlin he was going to do the same thing.

He had joined around his classmates trying to take note of everything that was surrounding their fidgeting professor. He was so unsure of why they were.... BUILDING FURNITURE?! He hated doing that. Had to help every single brother each time they moved because why keep your old stuff, they just bought new. He heard the question and chuckled, "In some cases, you've done it so many times you just know how to do it without instruction booklets anymore." He figured that wasn't totally what their professor was going for but he knew that to be the truth.
__________________
siriusblackliveson is offline  
Old 10-03-2019, 12:14 AM   #22 (permalink)
Moderator
Gladrags Mod



DMC & DMAC
Bugbear
 
hermionesclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London
Posts: 31,827

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lucas Sebastian Dakest
Fourth Year

x11 x11

Ministry RPG Name:
Zhuó Xiá Li
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Grayson Douglas Whitlock
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
Magikarp #3 | Pat's Strong Confident Other Half | Pees Like a Champion Unicorn Racehorse

Hope he was good at building stuff?

.......... Well. This was awkward, wasn't it?

Lucas smiled sheepishly at Cece, maybe even let out a small, awkward chuckle. There was no way he could tell her that he had NO idea what he was doing when it came to building things and he was bound to mess it all up. He was the older one here and she was probably relying on him. Probably.

"Are you any good at building stuff?" Just ignore that he didn't answer.

Speaking of, it turns out that he was completely right. They were building furniture today. At this, he shot an apprehensive look at the boxes and then the toolbox and then back at Schmoe. Was it fun? It didn't SOUND like fun. It sounded like something he would rather do if he was closer to the Hospital Wi- Infirmary.

As for his question, Lucas decided not to answer. Was there anything else to say apart from the booklet that comes with the materials? He didn't think so. But he did let out a snort at the box pun. Had the man taken a leaf out of Barlow's book? Probably.
__________________
hermionesclone is offline  
Old 10-03-2019, 04:31 AM   #23 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


MO
Lethifold
 
BanaBatGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 47,401

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Duncan M. Fletcher III
Minister's Office
Default
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Evil Twin | #DancingQueen | BHB

Okay, NO.

Bernadette was NOT going to be putting together this man's furniture. This lesson was CLEARLY a trap, a way for the man with two left thumbs to use FREE CHILD LABOUR to assemble his PERSONAL BELONGINGS, and BERNIE had done enough FREE LABOUR for her parents FOR A LIFETIME.

NO THANK YOU, SIR!

She snorted loudly and without bothering to raise her hand, she contributed a frosty answer nonetheless. "They have their servants build it." Actually, rich Muggles didn't buy flat pack furniture. But also, "So we should have the house elves do it."

Accept the challenge, professor. DO IT. Or else Bernie was going to put a hex key on you.
__________________
BanaBatGirl is offline  
Old 10-03-2019, 07:51 AM   #24 (permalink)
Slytherin

DMC
Puffskein
 
2111jen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hogwarts :)
Posts: 1,243

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Austin Spencer
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Caleb Queen
Magical Creatures
Default
Stay Free

SPOILER!!: Bena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Okay, NO.

Bernadette was NOT going to be putting together this man's furniture. This lesson was CLEARLY a trap, a way for the man with two left thumbs to use FREE CHILD LABOUR to assemble his PERSONAL BELONGINGS, and BERNIE had done enough FREE LABOUR for her parents FOR A LIFETIME.

NO THANK YOU, SIR!

She snorted loudly and without bothering to raise her hand, she contributed a frosty answer nonetheless. "They have their servants build it." Actually, rich Muggles didn't buy flat pack furniture. But also, "So we should have the house elves do it."

Accept the challenge, professor. DO IT. Or else Bernie was going to put a hex key on you.


Austin glared.
"Oi. Lay off. There isn't going to aways be magic everywhere." Austin said.
Well, he was on a speaking role today.

Last edited by 2111jen; 10-03-2019 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Flormatting.
2111jen is offline  
Old 10-03-2019, 10:39 AM   #25 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


MO
Lethifold
 
BanaBatGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 47,401

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Duncan M. Fletcher III
Minister's Office
Default
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Evil Twin | #DancingQueen | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2111jen View Post
Austin glared.
"Oi. Lay off. There isn't going to aways be magic everywhere." Austin said.
Well, he was on a speaking role today.
WHO dared disagree with her?!

Bernadette whirled around to find a Slytherin KID glaring daggers her way. She plainly dismissed him with a simple eyeroll. "Yes, there is. Yer a wizard. Once a wizard, always a wizard. Magic makes life easier. Building furniture takes jobs away from... from.... house elves, probably, and goblins."

She didn't know this for sure but her tone certainly made her sound like an expert on both magic AND Muggles. Bernadette turned away from this rude boy again but she did mentally add him to her List of Persons to Accidentally Drop a Hammer On Later.
__________________
BanaBatGirl is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:58 AM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163