sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Diagon Alley Archive > Matchmaker, Matchmaker


Matchmaker, Matchmaker ♥ Helping Find Love Amortentia-free since 1985 ♥

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-14-2012, 03:25 AM
Juliet Raphael Juliet Raphael is offline
 
Default Ice Skating Date: Toby Van-Der-Bilt and Erika Slade



The frozen lake stretches far and wide in Wimbledon, London, perhaps even being the resting place for a few unlucky birds who slip and slide along their way to the edges. Despite the fact that you can see your breath as clear as daylight, the toasty sunlight plays across your red noses and cheeks, maybe even enough to bring some feeling back into them. Regardless that the are is empty, it is apparent that this is quite a popular place for people all around, if the footprints in the snow or engravings from skating boots on the frozen lake top are any indication, yet the best clues are the various snowman built around. Some are in the traditional styles, while others have their personal flares to them, quite obviously wanting to stand out in the crowd.

A bare and snow filled tree close by near the edge of the frozen water holds two sets of white ice skates, charmed to shrink or grow depending on your shoe size for a comfortable fit. There is also a wooden bench underneath to put them on so you aren't sitting in the snow, or if your tired after a long day of ice skating, feel free to sit back and enjoy the rest of your time while you catch your breath. The few birds flying around, singing their musical songs and the various squirrels and rabbits scurrying around across the wide open, and relatively bare for now, outdoors could surely give a conversation starter.

The frozen lake is sturdy to skate on, race around, jump upon, and even fall down on for the more inexperienced skaters. We promise though, none of the snowman will tell of your lack of balance. Skate around as far as you'd like, but last and not least, have fun!

Old 02-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #2 (permalink)


DoM & DMLE
Thestral
 
RachieRu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall
Posts: 80,667

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Liliane Montague
Seventh Year

x6 x4

Ministry RPG Name:
Grace Hensley
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Reyna Heath
Mysteries
Default
Vanessa the Snot Girl l Rachels Rule | rock,tumble,&roll ❆ adorable coffee bean

Matching making. Toby had never really been in to this before. He kind of liked to know about his date, have met her before he asked her out on a date. But this was obviously turning out to be pretty unsuccesful, because he hadn't been on a date for a good year now. And so, the matchmaking idea had been quite interesting to him. He'd just applied for a bit of fun really. He had been in London for nearly a year now, so it would be good to get to know some people better. So what better than a nice little date? And an active one at that. He was a pretty active person after all. Adrenaline filled. So. Yes. This date was going to be pretty good. Toby hadn't really done ice skating before. No, he was more of your climbing mountains kind of guy. But this would be fun. Entertaining probably.

Toby could see a bench by the frozen lake, and so slowly began making his way towards it. He wasn't that clumsy, but he really did not want to fall over in the snow. That would not be fun. His date didn't seem to be here yet though, so any falling over wouldn't be too bad. The american made it over to the bench, and the two pairs of ice skates intact, and now awaited the arrival of his date.
__________________
I won't wear makeup on Thursday_________________________________________

______________________________________________'Cause who I am is Enough
RachieRu is offline  
Old 02-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Slytherin
Firecrab
 
Slytherin's Talon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Faerun
Posts: 938

Hogwarts RPG Name:
C. Caspian
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Scarlet Seekers
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachieRu View Post
Matching making. Toby had never really been in to this before. He kind of liked to know about his date, have met her before he asked her out on a date. But this was obviously turning out to be pretty unsuccesful, because he hadn't been on a date for a good year now. And so, the matchmaking idea had been quite interesting to him. He'd just applied for a bit of fun really. He had been in London for nearly a year now, so it would be good to get to know some people better. So what better than a nice little date? And an active one at that. He was a pretty active person after all. Adrenaline filled. So. Yes. This date was going to be pretty good. Toby hadn't really done ice skating before. No, he was more of your climbing mountains kind of guy. But this would be fun. Entertaining probably.

Toby could see a bench by the frozen lake, and so slowly began making his way towards it. He wasn't that clumsy, but he really did not want to fall over in the snow. That would not be fun. His date didn't seem to be here yet though, so any falling over wouldn't be too bad. The american made it over to the bench, and the two pairs of ice skates intact, and now awaited the arrival of his date.
Erika had always laughed at the idea of matchmaking before. To her it had always seemed to be something that only two kinds of people did: Desperate people and people who weren't that serious. After all, how could you really be serious about loving someone when you have never even met said person before? Evene after the date, how could you say you loved someone after only knowing them for less than a day? So that left people who were desperate, maybe because they had been rejected by everyone else.

So was Erika in one of those two groups? Nah. But Zoe had been bugging her for years to try one of these. (Probably because she married someone in an activity very close to this) And also because Erika was lonely after the passing away of her sister. Who knew? It might actually work. But only if this person thought like her.

Erika pulled her hood over her head as she approached the skate area. She had skated before, though not for a couple of years now. She hoped she still remembered.

She wondered briefly if she would be first than her date, but then she saw him sitting on the bench. She raised her hand in greeting as she approached him.
Slytherin's Talon is offline  
Old 02-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #4 (permalink)


DoM & DMLE
Thestral
 
RachieRu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall
Posts: 80,667

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Liliane Montague
Seventh Year

x6 x4

Ministry RPG Name:
Grace Hensley
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Reyna Heath
Mysteries
Default
Vanessa the Snot Girl l Rachels Rule | rock,tumble,&roll ❆ adorable coffee bean

It was a bit cold out here. Perfect weather for ice skating really. Toby was kind of looking forward to get skating. He hadn't been skating for a while. So it would be pretty entertaining. Hopefully his date wouldn't mind if he fell over, but that would be pretty funny too. Although he was sure falling over would make him colder than he was right now. Falling on ice was bound to make you cold. Maybe a warming charm would work? Because well then he couldn't be that cold. Orr...he could just put his gloves on. That was what they were for after all. Sitting down on the bench, he pulled his gloves out of his pocket, and put them on. There. He was all toasty and warm. That was good.

Aah! And there his date was. Perfect. Toby stood up from the bench, so that he could greet her. That would be nice. Aww a wave. Toby waved back at her. She looked pretty, that was nice. Hmm. Maybe he should've got her some flowers? It was a date after all. He hadn't thought of that. Maybe he'd conjure some later. Because well, they'd just freeze all over in the snow while they were skating. Yup. That was a good reason.
__________________
I won't wear makeup on Thursday_________________________________________

______________________________________________'Cause who I am is Enough
RachieRu is offline  
Old 02-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Slytherin
Firecrab
 
Slytherin's Talon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Faerun
Posts: 938

Hogwarts RPG Name:
C. Caspian
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Scarlet Seekers
Default Sorry for late response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachieRu View Post
It was a bit cold out here. Perfect weather for ice skating really. Toby was kind of looking forward to get skating. He hadn't been skating for a while. So it would be pretty entertaining. Hopefully his date wouldn't mind if he fell over, but that would be pretty funny too. Although he was sure falling over would make him colder than he was right now. Falling on ice was bound to make you cold. Maybe a warming charm would work? Because well then he couldn't be that cold. Orr...he could just put his gloves on. That was what they were for after all. Sitting down on the bench, he pulled his gloves out of his pocket, and put them on. There. He was all toasty and warm. That was good.

Aah! And there his date was. Perfect. Toby stood up from the bench, so that he could greet her. That would be nice. Aww a wave. Toby waved back at her. She looked pretty, that was nice. Hmm. Maybe he should've got her some flowers? It was a date after all. He hadn't thought of that. Maybe he'd conjure some later. Because well, they'd just freeze all over in the snow while they were skating. Yup. That was a good reason.
Slade quickened her pace as she approached him. He looked handsome, and she guessed that was good. Not that she judged by looks, but still. She briefly wondered if she was the type of person he was expecting. Probably not, unless this was also his first time doing this thing.

"Hi there!" She didn't know if this sounded right for the spot. She extended her hand. "I'm Erika Slade, this is my first time doing something like this. It's nice to meet you."
Slytherin's Talon is offline  
Old 02-25-2012, 08:34 PM   #6 (permalink)


DoM & DMLE
Thestral
 
RachieRu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall
Posts: 80,667

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Liliane Montague
Seventh Year

x6 x4

Ministry RPG Name:
Grace Hensley
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Reyna Heath
Mysteries
Default
Vanessa the Snot Girl l Rachels Rule | rock,tumble,&roll ❆ adorable coffee bean

Ahh. This was his date! Perfect. Toby smiled at her. She was pretty. He was happy. Not that Toby was that shallow. He didn't care about the prettyness of his date really. It was all about the personality for him. "Hey. I'm Toby." Not saying his full name. He hardly used that anyway. The man smiled at the woman. He was looking forward to their date. It was going to be fun. Hopefully he wouldn't fall over though, because he really did want to make himself look really stupid. It wasn't the best thing to do when you were on your first date. Hopefully no falling over would happen, and the date would go swimmingly. He also hoped that his date wouldn't fall over either, because that wouldn't be too good.

"I've not done this before either actually." The whole blind dating thing. He hadn't had many dates either really. Couldn't have that many dates when you worked in the amazon and the alps. But that didn't mean he wasn't about to enjoy himself. He was looking forwad to this.
__________________
I won't wear makeup on Thursday_________________________________________

______________________________________________'Cause who I am is Enough
RachieRu is offline  
Old 04-25-2012, 07:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Slytherin
Firecrab
 
Slytherin's Talon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Faerun
Posts: 938

Hogwarts RPG Name:
C. Caspian
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Scarlet Seekers
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachieRu View Post
Ahh. This was his date! Perfect. Toby smiled at her. She was pretty. He was happy. Not that Toby was that shallow. He didn't care about the prettyness of his date really. It was all about the personality for him. "Hey. I'm Toby." Not saying his full name. He hardly used that anyway. The man smiled at the woman. He was looking forward to their date. It was going to be fun. Hopefully he wouldn't fall over though, because he really did want to make himself look really stupid. It wasn't the best thing to do when you were on your first date. Hopefully no falling over would happen, and the date would go swimmingly. He also hoped that his date wouldn't fall over either, because that wouldn't be too good.

"I've not done this before either actually." The whole blind dating thing. He hadn't had many dates either really. Couldn't have that many dates when you worked in the amazon and the alps. But that didn't mean he wasn't about to enjoy himself. He was looking forwad to this.
Erika smiled at him. He was cute, she supposed. "I am not sure I want to skate. This dress isn't really suited for that."

She approached him. "I hear you are a MLE. It must be exciting. I read what happened in the Ministry last year. Were you involved in taking down those villians?"
Slytherin's Talon is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:19 PM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192