sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9821
Classes: 15
Professors: 13

13501229
742240
View Points

Members

There are 580 users online including...
FearlessLeader19 , Lislchen , natekka , Ringo , RachieRu , Lissy Longbottom , Hey Ju , Yaya , Krel Ansell , eberesikvalen

21 members
559 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Ministry of Magic > Lower Levels > Level 7

Level 7 The Department of Magical Games and Sports

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2018, 04:00 AM
Bazinga Bazinga is offline
 
Default Offices of Gobstones, Quidditch, and Recreational Sports




In a very large area, you will find many cubicles filled with busy workers from both the Quidditch and Gobstone Divisions. These two divisions work in the same workspace but on opposite sides of the room. On one side you will find everything quidditch from public relations to regulations and administration workers doing their jobs no matter what season it is. On the other side, you will find everything Gobstones related, their administration is always hard at work. If you keep moving back in the extra long office room you will find another set of cubicles, these are filled with the recreational sports division. If you are needing anything from horse racing, youth leagues, or youth muggle sports this is your place.



Quidditch Division Manager is Lucas Hawthorne
Gobstone Division Manager is Milo Jordan
Recreational Division Manager is Nick Blower



OOC: All Sports rosters and scores can be found here and here.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:21 PM   #2 (permalink)



DMC & DoM
Shrake
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 2]
Posts: 12,668

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cole Vance
Fifth Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Rebecca Davies
Magical Creatures
Default Mj + anyone else...
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Jake had now been working a few months in the Games & Sports department but finding his cubicle among the others still wasn't easy. It didn't help matters either that all the cubicles basically had the same coloured furniture and outlook. Jake had though learned on what side of the work area he was supposed to sit. A good first step.

He know worked with Gobstones, a game he in his younger years hadn't paid any interest whatsoever because he had been pretty much absorbed by Quidditch. He was quickly learning how the game worked though and what he as a regulation officer was supposed to do. After much looking Jake found his cubicle, and sat down in his red chair casting an eye on the day's agenda. He needed to talk with Milo about how they were going to do the auditions for the new mascots.
__________________
Nordic Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Newbie & Mungo's


DMT & DMGS
Bicorn
 
emjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: working
Posts: 16,607

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy
Seventh Year

x12 x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Milo Jordan
Games & Sports
Default
Unforgivably Cursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Jake had now been working a few months in the Games & Sports department but finding his cubicle among the others still wasn't easy. It didn't help matters either that all the cubicles basically had the same coloured furniture and outlook. Jake had though learned on what side of the work area he was supposed to sit. A good first step.

He know worked with Gobstones, a game he in his younger years hadn't paid any interest whatsoever because he had been pretty much absorbed by Quidditch. He was quickly learning how the game worked though and what he as a regulation officer was supposed to do. After much looking Jake found his cubicle, and sat down in his red chair casting an eye on the day's agenda. He needed to talk with Milo about how they were going to do the auditions for the new mascots.
Milo felt like he was fitting in around here just fine. Sure, it wasn't anything like actually playing Gobstones which he sorely missed, but at least he was working in a related field and could possibly make a difference here for the game in general.

He was also glad to be able to use his experience in a managerial position, though he wasn't sure how impressed with his team he was just yet. Perhaps it would take something of an adjustment period, but it seemed that the Gobstones division hadn't been as organized as he had hoped when he obtained the position. It seemed like he really had some work to do and he was here for it.

After a brief meeting with his former team's owner, Milo grabbed a cup of coffee as he strolled into the department and headed for his office. "Morning, Jake," he nodded a greeting as he passed the man at his seat on his way to his own desk.
__________________

DIGNIFIED | NO-NONSENSE | RELIABLE
stern but sweet
emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:19 PM   #4 (permalink)



DMC & DoM
Shrake
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 2]
Posts: 12,668

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cole Vance
Fifth Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Rebecca Davies
Magical Creatures
Default
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Milo felt like he was fitting in around here just fine. Sure, it wasn't anything like actually playing Gobstones which he sorely missed, but at least he was working in a related field and could possibly make a difference here for the game in general.

He was also glad to be able to use his experience in a managerial position, though he wasn't sure how impressed with his team he was just yet. Perhaps it would take something of an adjustment period, but it seemed that the Gobstones division hadn't been as organized as he had hoped when he obtained the position. It seemed like he really had some work to do and he was here for it.

After a brief meeting with his former team's owner, Milo grabbed a cup of coffee as he strolled into the department and headed for his office. "Morning, Jake," he nodded a greeting as he passed the man at his seat on his way to his own desk.
Mascot auditions? How was that supposed to work? Jake didn't even know to be honest that the 6 professional gobstones teams had mascots. He thought that was more a quidditch thing. But he had been a newbie gobstoner until he started working in this department and under Milo a few months ago. Looking up just in time as his boss walked in, carrying a cup of coffee Jake wished he had thought of getting one too before beginning the day's work. "Good morning Milo,". He greeted with a smile.

Taking up memo from Victoria about team mascots he asked as he gestured with the parchment. "Milo, how are mascot auditions run? Are there any mascot qualifications and rules?" Jake felt clueless and was not afraid to admit it if asked. The game of Gobstones was still very much a new game to him. He was still learning the inns and outs with it and had bought his own gobstones ball set to practice and learn just this past weekend.
__________________
Nordic Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Newbie & Mungo's


DMT & DMGS
Bicorn
 
emjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: working
Posts: 16,607

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy
Seventh Year

x12 x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Milo Jordan
Games & Sports
Default
Unforgivably Cursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Mascot auditions? How was that supposed to work? Jake didn't even know to be honest that the 6 professional gobstones teams had mascots. He thought that was more a quidditch thing. But he had been a newbie gobstoner until he started working in this department and under Milo a few months ago. Looking up just in time as his boss walked in, carrying a cup of coffee Jake wished he had thought of getting one too before beginning the day's work. "Good morning Milo,". He greeted with a smile.

Taking up memo from Victoria about team mascots he asked as he gestured with the parchment. "Milo, how are mascot auditions run? Are there any mascot qualifications and rules?" Jake felt clueless and was not afraid to admit it if asked. The game of Gobstones was still very much a new game to him. He was still learning the inns and outs with it and had bought his own gobstones ball set to practice and learn just this past weekend.
He started towards his own desk to see if any of his expected mail had gotten there yet, not really thinking to engage in small talk, when Jake's question caused Milo to pause in his gait. "Mascot auditions? Ah, sure... give me a sec." He sipped his coffee, then kept walking to grab his chair. He didn't mind clarifying things with the employees, but it wasn't a quick yes or no answer, so he figured he could get comfortable while they discussed things.

Taking a larger swig of his beverage, he set the cup down on his desk, then looked through some of his papers before grabbing a stack and pushing his wheeled chair over to Jake's desk. In all honesty, he thought having mascots for Gobstones had been a ridiculous addition to the game a couple years ago, but it hadn't really been his place to argue that point. Maybe now that he was in this position, he might be able to have more of an impact on how the game was handled.

"Alright, let's look to see which teams have upcoming auditions," he said as he took a seat near the other man's desk and started looking through his paperwork. "There are specific regulations, if you haven't had a chance to look over that information. And they need to know specific times to come out during the matches to get the audience enthused without disturbing the players." It was a very strategic game, after all. And many of the players appreciated quieter concentration.
__________________

DIGNIFIED | NO-NONSENSE | RELIABLE
stern but sweet
emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 04:38 PM   #6 (permalink)



DMC & DoM
Shrake
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 2]
Posts: 12,668

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cole Vance
Fifth Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Rebecca Davies
Magical Creatures
Default
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
He started towards his own desk to see if any of his expected mail had gotten there yet, not really thinking to engage in small talk, when Jake's question caused Milo to pause in his gait. "Mascot auditions? Ah, sure... give me a sec." He sipped his coffee, then kept walking to grab his chair. He didn't mind clarifying things with the employees, but it wasn't a quick yes or no answer, so he figured he could get comfortable while they discussed things.

Taking a larger swig of his beverage, he set the cup down on his desk, then looked through some of his papers before grabbing a stack and pushing his wheeled chair over to Jake's desk. In all honesty, he thought having mascots for Gobstones had been a ridiculous addition to the game a couple years ago, but it hadn't really been his place to argue that point. Maybe now that he was in this position, he might be able to have more of an impact on how the game was handled.

"Alright, let's look to see which teams have upcoming auditions," he said as he took a seat near the other man's desk and started looking through his paperwork. "There are specific regulations, if you haven't had a chance to look over that information. And they need to know specific times to come out during the matches to get the audience enthused without disturbing the players." It was a very strategic game, after all. And many of the players appreciated quieter concentration.
Mascots in Gobstones, why? Jake understood the reason for them in Quidditch and other sports but in Gobstones that was a very strategic game that needed quiet and concentration it felt misplaced and to be honest ridiculous and pointless. He kept those thoughts to himself though as his boss pulled up a chair and took a seat by his desk to clarify how the mascot auditions were run.

Casting a look at the papers stacked on his desk Jake spotted a few parchments that could be related to the auditions in question. "Have the Gobstones teams had mascots long? I definitely understand the need for the mascots only to come out a specific times to not disturb the game play, but are the rules followed to the letter or have there been incidents like in Quìdditch?" Grabbing the parchments of interest Jake said as he skimmed them over. "It looks like all teams except for 'Upper Flaggley Firecrabs' and the 'Tinworth Talons' needs new mascots, so 4 rounds of auditions then? Shall we hold them on ministry ground or somewhere more local to the teams?" Where exactly was he supposed to read up on the mascot information? In one of the papers on his desk or in some encyclopaedia about the game that he had yet to buy from the bookstore?
__________________
Nordic Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 01:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
Other Characters
Jarvey
 
The Announcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 644

Ministry RPG Name:
The Announcer
Default

As the office is busy working and getting things done you might notice a normal owl or two swooping in and dropping the days mail off and then heading back out, but there is one owl that is clutching something bigger and as he lands on the desk of the Gobstone Division head you will see that this box has a note. The owl hoots and flies away, but the plain green box is left behind.

A note that is attached reads as follows:

Dear Gobstone Department,

I hope you take my gift and enjoy. Gobstones is upon us again and with it the stones that will consider players winners or losers. This gift could show you the wave of the future and something I feel you should really start to use.

Good luck with them and your season.
__________________
The Announcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:22 PM   #8 (permalink)


DMGS & MO
Snidget
 
Birchwoodmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: PNW GMT-8
Posts: 2,694

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
Default
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Announcer View Post
As the office is busy working and getting things done you might notice a normal owl or two swooping in and dropping the days mail off and then heading back out, but there is one owl that is clutching something bigger and as he lands on the desk of the Gobstone Division head you will see that this box has a note. The owl hoots and flies away, but the plain green box is left behind.

A note that is attached reads as follows:

Dear Gobstone Department,

I hope you take my gift and enjoy. Gobstones is upon us again and with it the stones that will consider players winners or losers. This gift could show you the wave of the future and something I feel you should really start to use.

Good luck with them and your season.
West had been quietly working at his desk when he noticed a few owls swoop in and leave mail, but there was one that wasn't holding a traditional parchment envelope. It appeared to be some sort of green box. He watched as the owl gently placed the box on the Gobstone Division Head's desk, hoot, and fly away.


"Looks like a delivery has come." He stated as he strode over to take a closer look. He leaned over to take a peek at the note attached, but the writing was too small to see from his distance. His curiosity, and the fact that he was at a stand still on his project, compelled him to wait for the package to be opened.
__________________
Birchwoodmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:31 AM   #9 (permalink)



DMC & DoM
Shrake
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 2]
Posts: 12,668

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cole Vance
Fifth Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Rebecca Davies
Magical Creatures
Default + West at the end
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Announcer View Post
As the office is busy working and getting things done you might notice a normal owl or two swooping in and dropping the days mail off and then heading back out, but there is one owl that is clutching something bigger and as he lands on the desk of the Gobstone Division head you will see that this box has a note. The owl hoots and flies away, but the plain green box is left behind.

A note that is attached reads as follows:
Dear Gobstone Department,

I hope you take my gift and enjoy. Gobstones is upon us again and with it the stones that will consider players winners or losers. This gift could show you the wave of the future and something I feel you should really start to use.

Good luck with them and your season.
Jake turned his attention to the pile of paperwork on his desk as he waited for Milo's response to his questions. Spotting what looked like his own personal shiny Gobstones information booklet lying on top of his inbox tray for memos. Glancing first at his boss with appreciation, surprise and happiness in his eyes Jake said "Thank you so much for this boss!" before he turned to pull the information booklet towards him.

With almost trembling fingers Jake opened the first page of the book and skimmed the content. Finding the page that held mascot information he flipped the pages until he got to the right page and started to read. He was so engrossed in reading about the team mascots that Jake didn't hear the owl arrive before it hooted right into his ear upon taking off.

Startled he looked up from the page to see the box and note that had landed on Milo's desk and West hovering close by. Smiling he said "Hi West! Any idea what could be in the box?"
__________________
Nordic Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 02:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Newbie & Mungo's


DMT & DMGS
Bicorn
 
emjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: working
Posts: 16,607

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy
Seventh Year

x12 x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Milo Jordan
Games & Sports
Default
Unforgivably Cursed

Milo located the section he was looking for within his paperwork, but looked up when Jake inquired about the mascots again. "No, not really. About three or four years now, I think. It seemed to be something of a PR thing, to get more people coming to games. I don't know how much difference it's really made though." At least from his personal viewpoint as a former player, it didn't seem to attract many new fans, though it did seem like there were more children at games than in the past. But it always felt so gimmicky to him.

He let out a short yet amused chuckle. "For the most part the mascots seem to be pretty good about following their regulations. But every once in awhile you'll get one that's a little, uh... let's say overly enthusiastic. It's disruptive to the game and to the players, which causes some complaints and sometimes penalties or challenges on a play." It got to be a mess, but thankfully it didn't happen often. Just another reason he didn't care for them though.

Milo noticed the owl as it flew in as he had been expecting something in the mail, and his eyes followed its flight to his desk, turning back as Jake spoke to him once more. What... was he thanking him for? He squinted at the book the younger man had in his hands. "Oh.." he chuckled to himself, finding it slightly odd that Jake thought of it as a personalized gift. "No need to thank me, that's required reading for the job." He'd expect any of the Gobstones employees to be as knowledgeable as they could be about their jobs.

West...? Milo looked back at his desk again as Jake addressed the Quidditch division employee, and he got up from his seat as he saw the other man hanging out by his desk and eyeing up his package. Okay, it was really weird that the two of them were that nosy about his delivery that they were speculating about what it could be right in front of him. How did they know it wasn't something personal. He cleared his throat but kept the disarming smile on his face as he squeezed past West on his way to his desk. "If you'll excuse me.." he said as he picked up the package and read the note. Not that he expected or even wanted them to leave, but trying to open his mail with people looking over his shoulder was a little uncomfortable. What was this "wave of the future" though?
__________________

DIGNIFIED | NO-NONSENSE | RELIABLE
stern but sweet
emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 03:58 AM   #11 (permalink)


DMGS & MO
Snidget
 
Birchwoodmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: PNW GMT-8
Posts: 2,694

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
Default Jake, Milo
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

He normally wasn't so nosy, but there was far less drama working for the Ministry than there had been coaching quidditch teams, so he was looking for a bit of excitement. "I'm not close enough to see the letter, and I probably should't be reading it anyway, but it does seem interesting. Are you expecting any deliveries to the department, Jake?"

Just as he was about to inch a bit closer, Milo squeezed past him to get to his desk. "Sure, no problem." He replied as he backed away a few steps. "My curiosity got the better of me. That box looks interesting..." he let the sentence trail off, hoping Milo would share what was inside.
__________________
Birchwoodmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 08:19 AM   #12 (permalink)



DMC & DoM
Shrake
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 2]
Posts: 12,668

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cole Vance
Fifth Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Rebecca Davies
Magical Creatures
Default
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Text Cut: Milo & West
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Milo located the section he was looking for within his paperwork, but looked up when Jake inquired about the mascots again. "No, not really. About three or four years now, I think. It seemed to be something of a PR thing, to get more people coming to games. I don't know how much difference it's really made though." At least from his personal viewpoint as a former player, it didn't seem to attract many new fans, though it did seem like there were more children at games than in the past. But it always felt so gimmicky to him.
He let out a short yet amused chuckle. "For the most part the mascots seem to be pretty good about following their regulations. But every once in awhile you'll get one that's a little, uh... let's say overly enthusiastic. It's disruptive to the game and to the players, which causes some complaints and sometimes penalties or challenges on a play." It got to be a mess, but thankfully it didn't happen often. Just another reason he didn't care for them though.
Milo noticed the owl as it flew in as he had been expecting something in the mail, and his eyes followed its flight to his desk, turning back as Jake spoke to him once more. What... was he thanking him for? He squinted at the book the younger man had in his hands. "Oh.." he chuckled to himself, finding it slightly odd that Jake thought of it as a personalized gift. "No need to thank me, that's required reading for the job." He'd expect any of the Gobstones employees to be as knowledgeable as they could be about their jobs.
He cleared his throat but kept the disarming smile on his face as he squeezed past West on his way to his desk. "If you'll excuse me.." he said as he picked up the package and read the note. Not that he expected or even wanted them to leave, but trying to open his mail with people looking over his shoulder was a little uncomfortable. What was this "wave of the future" though?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom View Post
He normally wasn't so nosy, but there was far less drama working for the Ministry than there had been coaching quidditch teams, so he was looking for a bit of excitement. "I'm not close enough to see the letter, and I probably should't be reading it anyway, but it does seem interesting. Are you expecting any deliveries to the department, Jake?"
Just as he was about to inch a bit closer, Milo squeezed past him to get to his desk. "Sure, no problem." He replied as he backed away a few steps. "My curiosity got the better of me. That box looks interesting..." he let the sentence trail off, hoping Milo would share what was inside.


3-4 years the mascots had been a part of the game of Gobstones. A PR stunt according to his boss to get more people to come and watch the games. "Nobody has polled how many people come and watch the team games?" Jake asked incredulously. Viewers and general popularity mattered in all games didn't it?

Milo went on to enlighten him about what messes overly-excited mascots could cause like game disruptions, challenges of play and penalties. Shaking his head Jake noted. "So the mascots aren't always positive. Do they owl us if there is trouble brewing or does the game referees handle the complaints and whatnot?" It was a valid question, if he were to be prepared to be called out to solve matters he liked to know in adance.

"Thanks all the same boss." Jake said happily as he closed his gobstones booklet and stroked the binding. It was a book he was going to cherish and use a lot. Oops was his next thought as Milo squeezed past West to get to his desk to open his mail and package. Maybe they were a bit too nosy? It could be something private that him and West had no business wondering about. Looking up at West he shrugged in response "No we're not expecting any packages that I know of. So how's it going in your division? Are you settling in?" It was Jake's maybe not so subtle way to steer the conversation away from the interesting box until Milo said anything about it.
__________________
Nordic Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 01:39 AM   #13 (permalink)
Other Characters
Jarvey
 
The Announcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 644

Ministry RPG Name:
The Announcer
Default

Talk, talk, talk seemed to be what was going on outside of the box, though inside something completely different was going on. The box might have been sitting still but inside something was ready to be released and as soon as Milo started to open it the stones bounces up and busted through the package landing on the floor and possibly a foot hard before bouncing and rolling away.

With all the room the two stones had they made their way around weaving in and out and spitting their goo every change they got. One went spinning left while the other bounced right.
__________________
The Announcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 05:14 AM   #14 (permalink)


DMGS & MO
Snidget
 
Birchwoodmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: PNW GMT-8
Posts: 2,694

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
Default
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Text Cut: Milo & West



3-4 years the mascots had been a part of the game of Gobstones. A PR stunt according to his boss to get more people to come and watch the games. "Nobody has polled how many people come and watch the team games?" Jake asked incredulously. Viewers and general popularity mattered in all games didn't it?

Milo went on to enlighten him about what messes overly-excited mascots could cause like game disruptions, challenges of play and penalties. Shaking his head Jake noted. "So the mascots aren't always positive. Do they owl us if there is trouble brewing or does the game referees handle the complaints and whatnot?" It was a valid question, if he were to be prepared to be called out to solve matters he liked to know in adance.

"Thanks all the same boss." Jake said happily as he closed his gobstones booklet and stroked the binding. It was a book he was going to cherish and use a lot. Oops was his next thought as Milo squeezed past West to get to his desk to open his mail and package. Maybe they were a bit too nosy? It could be something private that him and West had no business wondering about. Looking up at West he shrugged in response "No we're not expecting any packages that I know of. So how's it going in your division? Are you settling in?" It was Jake's maybe not so subtle way to steer the conversation away from the interesting box until Milo said anything about it.
He stepped back a bit to give Milo some privacy before replying to Jake. "Things are going well with the Quidditch Division. I still feel a bit out of sorts, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it all around here." At least he hoped he was. He hadn't ticked off too many team managers and most of the players he knew well enough to complain to him, had not said a bad word...yet. That was a good sign.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Announcer View Post
Talk, talk, talk seemed to be what was going on outside of the box, though inside something completely different was going on. The box might have been sitting still but inside something was ready to be released and as soon as Milo started to open it the stones bounces up and busted through the package landing on the floor and possibly a foot hard before bouncing and rolling away.

With all the room the two stones had they made their way around weaving in and out and spitting their goo every change they got. One went spinning left while the other bounced right.
Just as he was about to ask Jake how he had been doing, something slammed against his foot. "Ouch!" he yelped with a startled look on his face. "What in Merlin's beard was that?" His eyes grew wide as he watched the stones slam into anything and everything in their path. "Look out!" he just narrowly dodged another attack and hoped Jake wouldn't be hit. The room was a disaster and goo was shooting all over the place. "What are those?" He dodged another rolling stone and lunged towards his desk for his wand. Why he had left his wand on his desk, he couldn't figure out, but it was the last time he would let his guard down at work.

Once his hand grasped his wand, he cast a shielding charm around himself, hoping to not be hit by a stone again. It would also give him time to assess the situation and figure out what to do next.
__________________

Last edited by Birchwoodmom; 04-25-2018 at 03:44 AM. Reason: typo
Birchwoodmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 12:58 AM   #15 (permalink)
Other Characters
Jarvey
 
The Announcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 644

Ministry RPG Name:
The Announcer
Default

The balls kept bouncing getting higher and more out of control with each bounce. Their goo going all over the office.
__________________
The Announcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 04:48 AM   #16 (permalink)


DMGS & MO
Snidget
 
Birchwoodmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: PNW GMT-8
Posts: 2,694

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
Default
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

The goo. There was so much goo and the stone balls were bouncing completely out of control. His own desk, and paperwork that he had spent hours preparing, was covered in the goo. "What is going on?" West shouted to Jake and Milo. He hoped that Milo had some idea who would have sent such a box to level seven. Maybe it was from an upset team, or even just one disgruntled player? Either way, the party responsible was going to have to pay for any damaged caused.

The office was a mess, the goo covered most everything and everyone, and it was only getting worse. Thankful to be protected by his shielding charm and not covered in anymore goo, West decided to try and put a stop to what was happening. He lifted his wand and commanded "Finite Incantatem!" hoping to put an end to it all.
__________________
Birchwoodmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 04:43 PM   #17 (permalink)



DMC & DoM
Shrake
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 2]
Posts: 12,668

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cole Vance
Fifth Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Rebecca Davies
Magical Creatures
Default
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Text Cut: Announcer + West
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Announcer View Post
Talk, talk, talk seemed to be what was going on outside of the box, though inside something completely different was going on. The box might have been sitting still but inside something was ready to be released and as soon as Milo started to open it the stones bounces up and busted through the package landing on the floor and possibly a foot hard before bouncing and rolling away.
With all the room the two stones had they made their way around weaving in and out and spitting their goo every change they got. One went spinning left while the other bounced right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom View Post
He stepped back a bit to give Milo some privacy before replying to Jake. "Things are going well with the Quidditch Division. I still feel a bit out of sorts, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it all around here." At least he hoped he was. He hadn't ticked off too many team managers and most of the players he knew well enough to complain to him, had not said a bad word...yet. That was a good sign.
Just as he was about to ask Jake how he had been doing, something slammed against his foot. "Ouch!" he yelped with a startled look on his face. "What in Merlin's beard was that?" His eyes grew wide as he watched the stones slam into anything and everything in their path. "Look out!" he just narrowly dodged another attack and hoped Jake wouldn't be hit. The room was a disaster and goo was shooting all over the place. "What are those?" He dodged another rolling stone and lunged towards his desk for his wand. Why he had left his wand on his desk, he couldn't figure out, but it was the last time he would let his guard down at work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Announcer View Post
The balls kept bouncing getting higher and more out of control with each bounce. Their goo going all over the office.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom View Post
The goo. There was so much goo and the stone balls were bouncing completely out of control. His own desk, and paperwork that he had spent hours preparing, was covered in the goo. "What is going on?" West shouted to Jake and Milo. He hoped that Milo had some idea who would have sent such a box to level seven. Maybe it was from an upset team, or even just one disgruntled player? Either way, the party responsible was going to have to pay for any damaged caused.
The office was a mess, the goo covered most everything and everyone, and it was only getting worse. Thankful to be protected by his shielding charm and not covered in anymore goo, West decided to try and put a stop to what was happening. He lifted his wand and commanded "Finite Incantatem!" hoping to put an end to it all.


Jake did his best not to act nosy while his boss opened his package and thus read up on a memo in his incoming tray. Next minute though it was hard to not get involved when something bounced up from the bosses package and then busted off to land on the floor before rolling and bouncing away from them. Looking this way and that Jake called over to Milo "Was that just Gobstones balls that rolled away? Are they supposed to have minds of their own just like snitches?" If that was the case then he feared that it'd take some time and feat before they had the balls back in safe possession.

"I feel the same West. Gobstones is a whole different game from Quidditch so I still feel very much like a greenhorn and out of sorts, but I'm slowly getting the hang of things too." Jake commented with a glance to Milo. If Milo hadn't taken him under his wing then he probably wouldn't even know how many balls they used in a game or that they could splash icky goo.
There was no time to say anything else before the balls for lack of better description attacked everyone and anything in sight starting with hitting West in the foot causing him to give off a startled yelp. Dodging a ball and jumping up to avoid another ball Jake answered out of breath as he did his best to not get hit. "Those would be gobstones game balls..." Lunging for his desk and his wand Jake felt how a large blob of goo hit him in the back causing his jacket to feel wet.

With one hand he smeared away some goo from his back and with the other Jake reached for his wand that was lying on his desk. Gripping the wand he cast as he turned around "Immobulus! Finite Incantatem!" after each other, before shouting over at West "I think we're under attack, but I don't know why..."
__________________
Nordic Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:13 AM   #18 (permalink)
Other Characters
Jarvey
 
The Announcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 644

Ministry RPG Name:
The Announcer
Default

The balls continued to roll and squirt until both men shot spells at them. Hit the balls squirted one final time before going still.
__________________
The Announcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 04:25 AM   #19 (permalink)


DMGS & MO
Snidget
 
Birchwoodmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: PNW GMT-8
Posts: 2,694

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
Default Announcer, Jake, Milo
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

Jake was casting spells, he was casting spells, and the room as still being covered in goo. Then, as suddenly as it started, it stopped. "What in Merlin's pants was that? Who would send jinxed gobstones game balls here?" He asked Jake in utter disbelief.

Slowly, he moved out away from his desk and let his wand hand drop to his side. He wasn't going to put it away just yet. There was no way of knowing if it would start back up again. "Should we get someone?" His foot slipped a bit in goo that was oozing all over the floor. The room looked as if the largest gobstones ball ever dreamed up exploded all over. Not only was it nasty to look at, the smell was like no other.

"Milo, should we start cleaning this up, or wait until we can figure out who sent you the lovely package?" He asked with almost a chuckle. The thought just occurred to him that, instead of gobstones game balls they could have been demented bludgers. Those would have hurt more.
__________________
Birchwoodmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 02:15 AM   #20 (permalink)
Other Characters
Jarvey
 
The Announcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 644

Ministry RPG Name:
The Announcer
Default

As you come in one morning you might notice a new item sitting on a desk. Just a cute little plant with some little flowers starting to bloom. Where this new plant came from might not even cross your mind. It could have been a coworker that brought it in or a special delivery, but either way it is very pretty to look at and isn't in the way of anyone, though it might need some water and some attention.
__________________
The Announcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 03:42 AM   #21 (permalink)


DMGS & MO
Snidget
 
Birchwoodmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: PNW GMT-8
Posts: 2,694

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
Default
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Announcer View Post
As you come in one morning you might notice a new item sitting on a desk. Just a cute little plant with some little flowers starting to bloom. Where this new plant came from might not even cross your mind. It could have been a coworker that brought it in or a special delivery, but either way it is very pretty to look at and isn't in the way of anyone, though it might need some water and some attention.
After leaving the meeting, West headed back towards his desk. His stomach was far too full for any real work, but that didn't mean he could just blow off the rest of the day. Deciding to take some notes over the meeting, and rank is favorite Muggle treats, he slowly walked through the office area.

Before he reached his desk, a small plant caught his eye. He'd never been fond of plants, especially the flowing kind, and wondered who in the office had brought it in. Janice popped into his mind. The young new addition seemed like someone that would enjoy a potted plant. West glanced around, then casually bend down to sniff the newly blooming flowers. His nose tickled from the sweetness and he quickly stiffened, once again glancing around to see that no one noticed. He felt a bit silly sniffing someone else's plant.

Fairly confident that no one saw him, West continued his short journey to his desk, flopped in the chair and pulled out his quill. He made some notes about corn dogs and cotton candy before writing his little reminder that he would be helping with the water balloon fights.
__________________
Birchwoodmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 09:42 AM   #22 (permalink)


DERP & DMGS
Augurey
 
Ginevra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Looking up 2 the sky
Posts: 11,917

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Fiona "FP" Jenovick
Second Year
x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille (Lucy) Pembrooke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Swann
Games & Sports
Default
come and show me the magic | Sacred Twenty-Eight | black cats go with everything | ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Announcer View Post
As you come in one morning you might notice a new item sitting on a desk. Just a cute little plant with some little flowers starting to bloom. Where this new plant came from might not even cross your mind. It could have been a coworker that brought it in or a special delivery, but either way it is very pretty to look at and isn't in the way of anyone, though it might need some water and some attention.
Janis thought her first meeting at her new job went quite well. She made her way to her desk at the Gobstones Divisions and sat down. Whilst going through her notes, Janis then spotted something sitting on a desk nearby. It was a newly blooming plant. It looked rather nice but it did seem in need a bit of water. However, this wasn't her plant so the young woman was hesitant to go near the plant.

After a few moments of deliberation, Janis decided that she was going to stay at her desk and go through the list of Gobstones team owners to contact for the fundraising carnival for Stemp House.
__________________
Ginevra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 03:37 PM   #23 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod


DMAC & DMGS

Nargle
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alicante, Idris
Posts: 199,321

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Second Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Megan Baines
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports
Default You guys! And the mysterious plant.
Alicia Lightwood- Bane ~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~ WhittyBitty's

For the Quidditch Division Manager, it had been a busy day so far. Luckily, he had managed to grab a sandwich for his snack and there was a steaming cup of coffee in hand. A file folder with papers was also somehow balanced in the mix. "Hi, everyone,'' Lucas Hawthorne called.

With the Fundraiser on his mind, he marched right past the flowering plant. That is, until his brain registered it and he did a double take. "Someone got one of you a plant?'' he asked. He definitely hadn't gotten it for his soon to be wife. Besides, this desk was not Tallie's.
__________________

SHREWD | DUTIFUL | UNYIELDING
watching you, always watching
FearlessLeader19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:35 AM   #24 (permalink)
Other Characters
Jarvey
 
The Announcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 644

Ministry RPG Name:
The Announcer
Default

Someone was smelling the little plant and the plant snapped just a little at his nose, but he had already turned before the little plant did. As the man walked away the plant wanted more attention and as quietly as ever ruffled it's leaves a bit.

The little flowers grew further away from the plant as little vines took over, but not much and if you weren't really looking you may have not noticed it changed so far.

Was the water coming soon?
__________________
The Announcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:01 AM   #25 (permalink)


DMGS & MO
Snidget
 
Birchwoodmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: PNW GMT-8
Posts: 2,694

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
Default The plant, Lucas, and Janis
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

Not long after he had taken his seat, Janis entered and headed towards her desk. Not the desk with the plant, so his guess was wrong. How was he supposed to remember which desk belonged to each of the division workers? He was doing good to remember where his desk was. Exactly two in front of the desk with the flowering plant.

Janis seemed to be working, so he didn't pay her much attention. Just because he was uncomfortably full and in no mood to work, didn't mean he needed to distract the young lady.

Thankfully, Lucas entered with a greeting and he was all over it. "Hey, Lucas! What did you think about all those Muggle food options?" He rubbed his tight abs with the palm of his hand and stretched. "Not sure about the plant. It was sitting there when I got back from the meeting." His nose still tickled a bit from the overly sweet smell. "Maybe it came from another department to welcome some of our new employees?" That seemed logical. He glanced to Janis, not wanting to leave her out of the conversation, especially if she maybe had a clue as to where the new desk addition came from.
__________________

Last edited by Birchwoodmom; 08-28-2018 at 05:34 PM.
Birchwoodmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:49 PM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176