sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Ministry of Magic > Upper Levels > Level 3


Level 3 Magical Accidents & Catastrophes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2019, 12:12 AM
Shanners Shanners is offline
 
Default Employee Break Room



Located on the main corridor is the Level 3 break room, found between the conference room and the training room. The break room is home to a pool table, a table tennis table, and a foosball table, all of which have been here for a while. These are for you to use during your breaks and not when you should be working. There is a decently sized kitchen with the utensils, cutlery and appliances that you may need to put together the lunch you have. The cupboards are stocked with the basic essentials as you are responsible for feeding yourself and labelling your food. Please note that Ms. Dodderidge does sometimes get hungry and may take your lunch for herself without apologising if there is no name on it.

The break room has not changed much since the department was taken over by the current department head, but there are a few brightly-coloured plants around the place to brighten it up. Are they there to watch you? Or are you there to watch them? Do not feed the plants coffee. That is a waste of caffeine! The back corner of the break room has a smaller room, though that still is rather spacious. This room contains lockers for all employees and you are encouraged to keep a change of clothes at work in case of emergency. You are not permitted to go home should you have an accident at work but should use the changing rooms provided.

As expected, there are hot drinks machines in this room, all with the signs that found with each machine in the department. They say: ‘If your Department Head does not have a coffee in each hand, then you’re slacking!’ Level 3 has excellent the best coffee in the Ministry and your department head will give the silent treatment to anyone who dare suggest otherwise. Caffeine is sacred.

All employees are welcome to spend their breaks in here and sit down at the table or the sofas provided. Bear in mind that should you be spending time in here whilst your work is piling up, then you run the risk of disciplinary action.

Quote:
OOC:
If you want to make use of this thread for RPing, you are more than welcome to! A&C employees do not need to ask permission to RP here and are encouraged to socialise with one another. You will often see Eliora in the break room as she, too, enjoys to use the pool table and get multiple coffees for herself. Your friends from other departments are welcome to take their breaks here too, only they should be accompanied by an A&C employee or have permission to be here.

However, please note that your character might get into trouble if they are seen hanging out in here all of the time and not doing any actual work.

As usual, Snitchseeker site rules apply at all times.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Moderator
4 Privet Drive Mod
SS Book Club Mod


DMAC & DIMC
Doxy
 
Harron Peasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Losers Club
Posts: 6,389

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Józef Dominik Kowalski
Third Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Dalton Nicholas Fletcher
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Harper Lirael Ward
International Cooperation
Default
Mind = Blown | Lanthanum Uranium Radium | Pacey's Creek | testing the bounds of reality

So far, so good.

With regards to his actual job, that was. Dalton was enjoying it more than he thought he would, and he was actually doing well at it. What he wasn't doing well at was the whole socialising with his co-workers bit. As nice as they seemed, he wasn't one to go out of his way to make friends, and so he'd actually avoided the break room most of the time, particularly whenever it had been occupied.

Right then, though, it was empty and he was making use of the coffee machine.
__________________

_________________ 4 Privet Drive SnitchSeeker Book Club __________________
Harron Peasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 03:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW Mod



DMAC & DMGS
Nargle
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alicante, Idris
Posts: 197,151

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kaysha Alexandra Stewart
Graduated

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Megan Baines
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports
Default
Alicia Lightwood- Bane ~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~ WhittyBitty's

SPOILER!!: Dalton! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
So far, so good.

With regards to his actual job, that was. Dalton was enjoying it more than he thought he would, and he was actually doing well at it. What he wasn't doing well at was the whole socialising with his co-workers bit. As nice as they seemed, he wasn't one to go out of his way to make friends, and so he'd actually avoided the break room most of the time, particularly whenever it had been occupied.

Right then, though, it was empty and he was making use of the coffee machine.


It was not long after that Dalton made it to the breakroom that Megan did too.

So unfortunate that he thought he could escape any nugacity.

“Daaaaalton!’’ she sing-sung when she saw him. “My absolute fave newb!’’ Oops. Should she even be saying things like that out loud? The blond glanced over her shoulder. Okay, the coast was clear so she shifted her enthusiastic attention back to Dalton. “How’s it going? Think you got a hang of the stuff I showed you so far? If not, you can ask all the questions because the last thing I need is for boss lady to think that I’m incapable.’’ Though Eliora should know by now that she was not.

“Hey, wanna make me a cup of coffee? Please.’’
__________________
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Moderator
4 Privet Drive Mod
SS Book Club Mod


DMAC & DIMC
Doxy
 
Harron Peasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Losers Club
Posts: 6,389

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Józef Dominik Kowalski
Third Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Dalton Nicholas Fletcher
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Harper Lirael Ward
International Cooperation
Default
Mind = Blown | Lanthanum Uranium Radium | Pacey's Creek | testing the bounds of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post


It was not long after that Dalton made it to the breakroom that Megan did too.

So unfortunate that he thought he could escape any nugacity.

“Daaaaalton!’’ she sing-sung when she saw him. “My absolute fave newb!’’ Oops. Should she even be saying things like that out loud? The blond glanced over her shoulder. Okay, the coast was clear so she shifted her enthusiastic attention back to Dalton. “How’s it going? Think you got a hang of the stuff I showed you so far? If not, you can ask all the questions because the last thing I need is for boss lady to think that I’m incapable.’’ Though Eliora should know by now that she was not.

“Hey, wanna make me a cup of coffee? Please.’’
Coffee was good. Coffee was excellent. Coffee was exactly what Dalton needed. What he didn't need, stood in front of the coffee machine waiting for his perfect cup, was someone singing his voice.

It wasn't that it was too early for that, or that it was too late - no, it was that it was something he never ever wanted ever. But, he thought, with a grimace, he should start getting used to it, because he doubted it would stop. "Hi, Megan," Dalton said as he turned around, his face free of any emotion because he wanted to be polite but he couldn't force a smile. "I definitely have the hang of everything, yeah. Thanks."

As for the coffee. "How'd you take it?"
__________________

_________________ 4 Privet Drive SnitchSeeker Book Club __________________
Harron Peasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 02:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW Mod



DMAC & DMGS
Nargle
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alicante, Idris
Posts: 197,151

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kaysha Alexandra Stewart
Graduated

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Megan Baines
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports
Default
Alicia Lightwood- Bane ~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~ WhittyBitty's

SPOILER!!: Dalton! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
Coffee was good. Coffee was excellent. Coffee was exactly what Dalton needed. What he didn't need, stood in front of the coffee machine waiting for his perfect cup, was someone singing his voice.

It wasn't that it was too early for that, or that it was too late - no, it was that it was something he never ever wanted ever. But, he thought, with a grimace, he should start getting used to it, because he doubted it would stop. "Hi, Megan," Dalton said as he turned around, his face free of any emotion because he wanted to be polite but he couldn't force a smile. "I definitely have the hang of everything, yeah. Thanks."

As for the coffee. "How'd you take it?"


The break room of Accidents and Catastrophes was definitely one of Megan’s howff. There was always someone to chat up. Today, she couldn’t be more pleased that it was Dalton. The only thing was... he was looking at her unsmilingly. She couldn’t think why this was so. It was a great day, she was being cheerful and friendly and he was settling in well. Or so she thought based on her observations.

“Everything okay? Pressure of the work not getting to you, is it?” With her gaze fixated on him, Megan sat at the table. “Black,’’ she replied despite her brain coming up with a witty and inappropriate thought.
__________________
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 10:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Moderator
4 Privet Drive Mod
SS Book Club Mod


DMAC & DIMC
Doxy
 
Harron Peasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Losers Club
Posts: 6,389

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Józef Dominik Kowalski
Third Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Dalton Nicholas Fletcher
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Harper Lirael Ward
International Cooperation
Default
Mind = Blown | Lanthanum Uranium Radium | Pacey's Creek | testing the bounds of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post


The break room of Accidents and Catastrophes was definitely one of Megan’s howff. There was always someone to chat up. Today, she couldn’t be more pleased that it was Dalton. The only thing was... he was looking at her unsmilingly. She couldn’t think why this was so. It was a great day, she was being cheerful and friendly and he was settling in well. Or so she thought based on her observations.

“Everything okay? Pressure of the work not getting to you, is it?” With her gaze fixated on him, Megan sat at the table. “Black,’’ she replied despite her brain coming up with a witty and inappropriate thought.
Unsmiling was Dalton's default facial expression, and had been since he was a child. He could count on one hand the people who could evoke such a reaction from him, and sadly Megan was not one of them. Nor were the rest of the people in the office, though, so he didn't feel bad about it.

Although he did wish he'd thought to absquatulate when she'd entered the room, Dalton was resigned to the company now and that meant he was going to have to participate in the conversation, because it didn't look like Megan was going to give up. "Everything is fine, yeah. Thanks," he managed, adding the word of gratitude almost as an afterthought as he busied himself with her drink. As for the pressure? Well, he'd felt more pressure during socialising moments than he had actually doing work. "No, it's not. Not yet at least."

A few moments later, he handed her a mug of black coffee, his own clutched in his hand.
__________________

_________________ 4 Privet Drive SnitchSeeker Book Club __________________
Harron Peasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 11:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW Mod



DMAC & DMGS
Nargle
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alicante, Idris
Posts: 197,151

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kaysha Alexandra Stewart
Graduated

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Megan Baines
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports
Default
Alicia Lightwood- Bane ~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~ WhittyBitty's

SPOILER!!: Dalton! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
Unsmiling was Dalton's default facial expression, and had been since he was a child. He could count on one hand the people who could evoke such a reaction from him, and sadly Megan was not one of them. Nor were the rest of the people in the office, though, so he didn't feel bad about it.

Although he did wish he'd thought to absquatulate when she'd entered the room, Dalton was resigned to the company now and that meant he was going to have to participate in the conversation, because it didn't look like Megan was going to give up. "Everything is fine, yeah. Thanks," he managed, adding the word of gratitude almost as an afterthought as he busied himself with her drink. As for the pressure? Well, he'd felt more pressure during socialising moments than he had actually doing work. "No, it's not. Not yet at least."

A few moments later, he handed her a mug of black coffee, his own clutched in his hand.


Dalton wasn’t much of a talker. Megan had already gathered that much and she was far from discouraged. It was okay because you see, she could chatter enough for the both of them. “Good, good. On both counts, I mean. You know, if you’re ever having issues, I’d be willing to help.’’ Just because she had showed him the ropes on his first day doesn’t mean she couldn’t help out any other day. Coffee in hand, she continued. “Thanks. What do you think of working here so far?’’

Megan paused only because she wanted to take a short chug. The warmth of the strong liquid made her feel even better. Coffee was life! “Want to tell me a little more about yourself? I mean, we are going to be working together so I might as well know you.’’
__________________
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 04:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Moderator
4 Privet Drive Mod
SS Book Club Mod


DMAC & DIMC
Doxy
 
Harron Peasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Losers Club
Posts: 6,389

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Józef Dominik Kowalski
Third Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Dalton Nicholas Fletcher
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Harper Lirael Ward
International Cooperation
Default
Mind = Blown | Lanthanum Uranium Radium | Pacey's Creek | testing the bounds of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Dalton wasn’t much of a talker. Megan had already gathered that much and she was far from discouraged. It was okay because you see, she could chatter enough for the both of them. “Good, good. On both counts, I mean. You know, if you’re ever having issues, I’d be willing to help.’’ Just because she had showed him the ropes on his first day doesn’t mean she couldn’t help out any other day. Coffee in hand, she continued. “Thanks. What do you think of working here so far?’’

Megan paused only because she wanted to take a short chug. The warmth of the strong liquid made her feel even better. Coffee was life! “Want to tell me a little more about yourself? I mean, we are going to be working together so I might as well know you.’’
Dalton nodded as Megan offered her help, cradling his coffee mug in both hands and leaning back against the counter. "I appreciate that," he said, honestly, even going so far as to offer a small smile of thanks. Which probably didn't look like much, but was intended in the most genuine way.

He sipped slowly at the hot drink in hand as he considered her next question. There were many perks to this job, and he was indeed enjoying it so far: the lab was fantastic, and the cases and tasks far different to things he'd experienced in previous jobs. Honestly, the work fascinated him, but he was inarticulate and uncommunicative, and so he settled with a simple, "I'm enjoying it, yeah. It's really interesting."

Which didn't exactly give her much information. And Dalton had hoped to escape conversation after that, so he was disappointed when Megan continued with her questioning. Trying his hardest not to look resigned to the conversation, he stared at his coffee for a long moment before looking back up at his colleague. No, he didn't want to, but he felt it would be rude to say so. "Er - I went to Hogwarts, Slytherin. Did Potions and Alchemy at Edinburgh, worked as a lab assistant there, did an internship at Gothsaint Enterprises and... now I'm here."

Was that even scratching the surface? Nope, but Megan wasn't getting much more information.
__________________

_________________ 4 Privet Drive SnitchSeeker Book Club __________________
Harron Peasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 12:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW Mod



DMAC & DMGS
Nargle
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alicante, Idris
Posts: 197,151

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kaysha Alexandra Stewart
Graduated

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Megan Baines
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports
Default
Alicia Lightwood- Bane ~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~ WhittyBitty's

SPOILER!!: Dalton! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
Dalton nodded as Megan offered her help, cradling his coffee mug in both hands and leaning back against the counter. "I appreciate that," he said, honestly, even going so far as to offer a small smile of thanks. Which probably didn't look like much, but was intended in the most genuine way.

He sipped slowly at the hot drink in hand as he considered her next question. There were many perks to this job, and he was indeed enjoying it so far: the lab was fantastic, and the cases and tasks far different to things he'd experienced in previous jobs. Honestly, the work fascinated him, but he was inarticulate and uncommunicative, and so he settled with a simple, "I'm enjoying it, yeah. It's really interesting."

Which didn't exactly give her much information. And Dalton had hoped to escape conversation after that, so he was disappointed when Megan continued with her questioning. Trying his hardest not to look resigned to the conversation, he stared at his coffee for a long moment before looking back up at his colleague. No, he didn't want to, but he felt it would be rude to say so. "Er - I went to Hogwarts, Slytherin. Did Potions and Alchemy at Edinburgh, worked as a lab assistant there, did an internship at Gothsaint Enterprises and... now I'm here."

Was that even scratching the surface? Nope, but Megan wasn't getting much more information.


That tiny smile made Megan did a double take of the man’s handsome features. It was just... Dalton rarely smiled; if you can even call that a smile. But hey, she wasn’t going to complain. “It’s not a problem,’’ she remarked airily and pressing her hands against the cup tightly. The warmth of it felt rather good. But for Merlin’s sake! He didn’t talk much, did he? His responses didn’t give her much to work with, which was disappointing because she’d have liked to offer him some tips and advice if he had disclosed any issues to her.

“Nice. It’s great that you’ve accomplished so much.’’ Megan smiled brilliantly then moved to the cupboards. What was there to eat? She wanted something light to munch on. “I’m being Captain Obvious here but you’re not much of a talker. Sorry if I’m chattering your ears off. Just let me know and I’ll be quiet.’’

Or try to.

Talking was her thing.
__________________
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Moderator
4 Privet Drive Mod
SS Book Club Mod


DMAC & DIMC
Doxy
 
Harron Peasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Losers Club
Posts: 6,389

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Józef Dominik Kowalski
Third Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Dalton Nicholas Fletcher
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Harper Lirael Ward
International Cooperation
Default
Mind = Blown | Lanthanum Uranium Radium | Pacey's Creek | testing the bounds of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
That tiny smile made Megan did a double take of the man’s handsome features. It was just... Dalton rarely smiled; if you can even call that a smile. But hey, she wasn’t going to complain. “It’s not a problem,’’ she remarked airily and pressing her hands against the cup tightly. The warmth of it felt rather good. But for Merlin’s sake! He didn’t talk much, did he? His responses didn’t give her much to work with, which was disappointing because she’d have liked to offer him some tips and advice if he had disclosed any issues to her.

“Nice. It’s great that you’ve accomplished so much.’’ Megan smiled brilliantly then moved to the cupboards. What was there to eat? She wanted something light to munch on. “I’m being Captain Obvious here but you’re not much of a talker. Sorry if I’m chattering your ears off. Just let me know and I’ll be quiet.’’

Or try to.

Talking was her thing.
[/COLOR]
Dalton was so used to awkward silences that he seldom noticed them. He did notice how much Megan was trying to make this conversation work, though, and he felt a little guilty that he wasn't giving much back. But he just... couldn't. He didn't like to talk about himself, felt uncomfortable doing so and therefore he didn't do it often.

And Megan was complimenting him, which was even more odd. In his opinion, it was much of an empty compliment - he hadn't actually done much, especially not much more than anyone else. "Uh," he cleared his throat awkwardly, nodding and sipping his coffee. "What about you?" As in, what did she do? How long had she been here? Etcetera. If Dalton could force the conversation back to her, it might make things easier. He was excellent at nodding and 'mmhmming' in all the right places.

As for her being such a talker, it wasn't like he could just ask her to be quite. He wasn't purposefully impolite. "It's fine."
__________________

_________________ 4 Privet Drive SnitchSeeker Book Club __________________
Harron Peasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 01:31 PM   #11 (permalink)

Potterdom Mod

DMAC & DMC


Centaur
 
Shanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 42,590

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Odaline Buchanan
Second Year

x7 x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Eliora Dodderidge
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Theophilus Darcy
Magical Creatures

Diagon Alley Employee:
Galilea Grimaldi
Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes
Default summer TL lol
∞ 17 | RP entrepreneur | defies gravity | Miss George is flawless | blanket burrito lyfe

England had just advanced to the final of the Quidditch World Cup and however excited she was.. it meant that the home fans thought they were invincible. She'd called upon MLE to deal with some and had a lot of the department out in crowds to make sure there wasn't any breaking of the statute or muggle exposure.

Eliora had needed just a half hour to herself after it all. With the drama at home, her teenager rebelling and dealing with the tutors and the nanny every evening.. she was glad to be in a building that wasn't her house. So she collected a mug of coffee and sat down on a sofa, closing her eyes briefly.

Just a five second nap...
__________________

Bathing in the thunder, just because I make it LOUD, _____________________
you don't ever have to wonder,_________ I'm not trying to steal your crown
Shanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 12:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW Mod



DMAC & DMGS
Nargle
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alicante, Idris
Posts: 197,151

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kaysha Alexandra Stewart
Graduated

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Megan Baines
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports
Default
Alicia Lightwood- Bane ~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~ WhittyBitty's

SPOILER!!: Dalton! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
Dalton was so used to awkward silences that he seldom noticed them. He did notice how much Megan was trying to make this conversation work, though, and he felt a little guilty that he wasn't giving much back. But he just... couldn't. He didn't like to talk about himself, felt uncomfortable doing so and therefore he didn't do it often.

And Megan was complimenting him, which was even more odd. In his opinion, it was much of an empty compliment - he hadn't actually done much, especially not much more than anyone else. "Uh," he cleared his throat awkwardly, nodding and sipping his coffee. "What about you?" As in, what did she do? How long had she been here? Etcetera. If Dalton could force the conversation back to her, it might make things easier. He was excellent at nodding and 'mmhmming' in all the right places.

As for her being such a talker, it wasn't like he could just ask her to be quite. He wasn't purposefully impolite. "It's fine."


If Megan were into guys, she would certainly would have gone for the kind like Dalton: silent, broody, good listener. Those traits only meant that she would be able to talk their ears off. As it was, her new coworker was giving her only a tiny amount of information about himself. Tragic, really, because the blond was genuinely interested in getting to know him. But if this was who he was, she was no one to try to force him to talk. In any case, as they continued to work together, there was no doubt in her mind that she would learn more about him.

“Me?’’ Megan took a healthy gulp of coffee. Where to begin? Certainly not in great detail about her life in the US before she moved. “I lived in the US all my life before moving here about what? Almost ten years ago? Anyway, I joined this Department since then; met the love of my life, my wife Yuna. She’s a model and the most gorgeous thing to ever walk this earth. I’ve got a picture of her on my desk. I don’t know if you’ve seen it...’’

__________________
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 03:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Moderator
4 Privet Drive Mod
SS Book Club Mod


DMAC & DIMC
Doxy
 
Harron Peasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Losers Club
Posts: 6,389

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Józef Dominik Kowalski
Third Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Dalton Nicholas Fletcher
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Harper Lirael Ward
International Cooperation
Default
Mind = Blown | Lanthanum Uranium Radium | Pacey's Creek | testing the bounds of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
If Megan were into guys, she would certainly would have gone for the kind like Dalton: silent, broody, good listener. Those traits only meant that she would be able to talk their ears off. As it was, her new coworker was giving her only a tiny amount of information about himself. Tragic, really, because the blond was genuinely interested in getting to know him. But if this was who he was, she was no one to try to force him to talk. In any case, as they continued to work together, there was no doubt in her mind that she would learn more about him.

“Me?’’ Megan took a healthy gulp of coffee. Where to begin? Certainly not in great detail about her life in the US before she moved. “I lived in the US all my life before moving here about what? Almost ten years ago? Anyway, I joined this Department since then; met the love of my life, my wife Yuna. She’s a model and the most gorgeous thing to ever walk this earth. I’ve got a picture of her on my desk. I don’t know if you’ve seen it...’’

[/COLOR]
Anyone who was genuinely interested in getting to know him was someone Dalton would run away from at high speed, so it was probably for the best he thought Megan might just be generally nosy and over-compensating to welcome the new kid she'd been told to look out for on the first day. He was relieved, of course, when she began to talk about herself, and he wished he thought to try that tactic earlier in the conversation.

And people in love were the easiest people to get talking: point proven here. "I haven't, no..." he managed, shaking his head a little. "How did you meet?" Did he really care, or did he just want to avoid being asked if he was seeing someone?
__________________

_________________ 4 Privet Drive SnitchSeeker Book Club __________________
Harron Peasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 12:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW Mod



DMAC & DMGS
Nargle
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alicante, Idris
Posts: 197,151

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kaysha Alexandra Stewart
Graduated

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Megan Baines
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports
Default
Alicia Lightwood- Bane ~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~ WhittyBitty's

SPOILER!!: Dalton! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
Anyone who was genuinely interested in getting to know him was someone Dalton would run away from at high speed, so it was probably for the best he thought Megan might just be generally nosy and over-compensating to welcome the new kid she'd been told to look out for on the first day. He was relieved, of course, when she began to talk about herself, and he wished he thought to try that tactic earlier in the conversation.

And people in love were the easiest people to get talking: point proven here. "I haven't, no..." he managed, shaking his head a little. "How did you meet?" Did he really care, or did he just want to avoid being asked if he was seeing someone?


He hadn’t noticed the picture of the love of her life?

Megan was absolutely crestfallen and it showed on her face for about three seconds. On the fourth one, though, she brightened. “Take a look on your way back to your desk. You’ll be floored. She’s a complete goddess.’’ The blond was completely proud of her babe of a wife. “We actually met in Diagon Alley. She helped me through one of the toughest times of my life.’’ And from that moment on, they had grown closer. She polished off the coffee then magically cleaned the cup.

“Thanks for the coffee. You and I need to catch up more often.’’ Smiling, she put the cup back in place then turned to face Dalton. She liked him a lot, even though he wasn’t the conversationalist. “You’re a good employee, Dalton. Keep that up. And I guess we’d better get back to work or Eliora will have our heads on a platter.’’
__________________
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 07:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
Moderator
4 Privet Drive Mod
SS Book Club Mod


DMAC & DIMC
Doxy
 
Harron Peasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Losers Club
Posts: 6,389

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Józef Dominik Kowalski
Third Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Dalton Nicholas Fletcher
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Harper Lirael Ward
International Cooperation
Default
Mind = Blown | Lanthanum Uranium Radium | Pacey's Creek | testing the bounds of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
He hadn’t noticed the picture of the love of her life?

Megan was absolutely crestfallen and it showed on her face for about three seconds. On the fourth one, though, she brightened. “Take a look on your way back to your desk. You’ll be floored. She’s a complete goddess.’’ The blond was completely proud of her babe of a wife. “We actually met in Diagon Alley. She helped me through one of the toughest times of my life.’’ And from that moment on, they had grown closer. She polished off the coffee then magically cleaned the cup.

“Thanks for the coffee. You and I need to catch up more often.’’ Smiling, she put the cup back in place then turned to face Dalton. She liked him a lot, even though he wasn’t the conversationalist. “You’re a good employee, Dalton. Keep that up. And I guess we’d better get back to work or Eliora will have our heads on a platter.’’

Whilst Dalton didn't mind Megan rodomontading about her wife, it made him feel a little lonely, for want of a better word. That feeling only lasted a split-second before it was pushed to the back of his mind, and he was faced with another puzzle: his coworkers expression. Dalton had wondered, for a moment, whether he'd really upset Megan, but her expression changed so quickly that he was left confused and decided to hope for the best. "I'll do that, yeah," he agree, sure that Megan was telling the truth - after all, he hadn't failed to notice how beautiful she was herself, so it only made sense for her wife to be just as attractive. He'd noticed that about couples.

A small, more recognisable smile crossed his lips when Megan thanked him, before finishing the rest of his own coffee and holding out a hand for her mug. "Yeah, you're right. I'll put these away."
__________________

_________________ 4 Privet Drive SnitchSeeker Book Club __________________
Harron Peasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW Mod



DMAC & DMGS
Nargle
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alicante, Idris
Posts: 197,151

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kaysha Alexandra Stewart
Graduated

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Megan Baines
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports
Default
Alicia Lightwood- Bane ~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~ WhittyBitty's

SPOILER!!: Dalton! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
Whilst Dalton didn't mind Megan rodomontading about her wife, it made him feel a little lonely, for want of a better word. That feeling only lasted a split-second before it was pushed to the back of his mind, and he was faced with another puzzle: his coworkers expression. Dalton had wondered, for a moment, whether he'd really upset Megan, but her expression changed so quickly that he was left confused and decided to hope for the best. "I'll do that, yeah," he agree, sure that Megan was telling the truth - after all, he hadn't failed to notice how beautiful she was herself, so it only made sense for her wife to be just as attractive. He'd noticed that about couples.

A small, more recognisable smile crossed his lips when Megan thanked him, before finishing the rest of his own coffee and holding out a hand for her mug. "Yeah, you're right. I'll put these away."


Megan smiled happily, always proud to show off Yuna. “Perhaps someday soon you’ll get to meet her. She attended the last Ministry orientation with me but I’m not sure if you would have seen her. Well, there will be plenty of opportunities!’’ She was sure of this. You know what else she was sure of? That Dalton was going to smile like that at least a bit more as he settled in. The blond could hope and can try to make him.

“Thanks for the coffee. We ought to do this more.’’ Megan gave him a grin and a friendly pat on the arm. “Now, hurry before we get into trouble.’’ With a laugh, she made her way out of the Break room.

Ugh.

Back to dreary paperwork.
__________________
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:34 PM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192