sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9813
Classes: 15
Professors: 14

00
00
View Points

Members

There are 180 users online including...
Hey Ju , FearlessLeader19 , hermionesclone , Nila Deep , Shanners , Lislchen , Harron Peasley , Krel Ansell , RachieRu , chiffonwedding

19 members
161 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Ministry of Magic > Upper Levels > Level 2

Level 2 Magical Law Enforcement

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-19-2019, 07:18 AM
DaniDiNardo DaniDiNardo is offline
 
Default Work Areas



On one end of the department you can find the work areas for MLES, Aurors and Security employees. Most don't spend too much time at their desks as they are likely out on assignment or patrol duty. Each of the division's heads has an office should you need to stop by and have a word with them. If you can't find who you're looking for, ask Muriel over at the reception desk to help you.

During major investigations the area is flooded with employees and perhaps witnesses who have been brought in to wait. On one wall there are many pictures and documents pinned with information from current investigations. Another wall and above many of the desks are moving posters of the most wanted criminals in the Wizarding World. When they are caught they are magically marked with a large red X.

Every Auror, Hit Wizard and MLES Officer has their own desk here. YATIs do not and will earn them once they have completed the training. It's slightly different for the Security employees. The Head of Security, the Event Security Liaison Officers, and the Internal Investigations Liaisons have their own permanent desks, while the Ministry Sentinels, Security Officers and Wand Weighers work between this office and the Security post in the atrium, and do not have a personal desk of their own.

Please be aware of your surroundings in this area. No one likes a snoop. You don't want to be top of the list if things go missing.


On the opposite end of the department is an even larger work area with wide open spaces and lots of what looks like natural light. The windows have a beautiful view that changes from time to time, as it is charmed. The divisions are in separate areas but are not too far of a distance from each other.

Each of the division heads has an office. Every member of the MMAO, CMEC, and IUMO has their own permanent desks. The Wizengamot are based here but spend much of their time down in the courtrooms. However, they each have their own secure locker and you may on occasion find one or two of them working at a spare desk or going through a stack of court files and case histories.

The Forensics lab, a large storage room, the Evidence and Pensieve rooms, as well as the direct floo access aren't all too far from here. The conference room and the Department Head's office are a bit more of a walk. Make sure to keep a map on hand in case you lose your way the first few times in this department.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 01:17 AM   #2 (permalink)

Puffskein
 
natethegreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: District 12 gmt- 5
Posts: 2,365

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Heather Valentino
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Aurora Lyn-Valentino
Law Enforcement
Default First post! Feel free to grab!

Another seemingly boring day in the office.

Aurora was getting very tired, very fast, as days seemed to drag on while she was just sitting in the office areas. She was on her third cup of coffee today already, and it had basically just started. The woman wanted some field work, or something where she wouldn't be cooped up indoors all the time. But alas, that probably wasn't going to happen anytime soon. There have been no major cases that needed attending to recently, and she's been doing her trainings almost constantly. Even that was getting kind of tiring. However, she did need to improve her wandless magic skills, as that would come in handy when she would actually go on the field. You never know when you won't have your wand ready to cast that protego to block a stupefy.

Right now, from the looks of it though, Aurora would just be sipping away at her coffee, admiring the ever-changing view from the windows.
__________________

... MISUNDERSTOOD ... DILIGENT ... SECRETIVE ...
natethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 09:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Headmaster



DMLE
Kappa
 
DaniDiNardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Over here! (GMT -5)
Posts: 14,842

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Malachi N. Trent
Graduated
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Diagon Alley Employee:
Emma J. Trevelyan
Knockturn Alley
Default
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by natethegreat View Post
Another seemingly boring day in the office.

Aurora was getting very tired, very fast, as days seemed to drag on while she was just sitting in the office areas. She was on her third cup of coffee today already, and it had basically just started. The woman wanted some field work, or something where she wouldn't be cooped up indoors all the time. But alas, that probably wasn't going to happen anytime soon. There have been no major cases that needed attending to recently, and she's been doing her trainings almost constantly. Even that was getting kind of tiring. However, she did need to improve her wandless magic skills, as that would come in handy when she would actually go on the field. You never know when you won't have your wand ready to cast that protego to block a stupefy.

Right now, from the looks of it though, Aurora would just be sipping away at her coffee, admiring the ever-changing view from the windows.
The morning was already off to a busy start, meetings aside. There were progress reports yet to be filled and ones that were already filled and in need of updates.

Lex was on her way to the Chief Inspector's desk when she spotted someone...by all means on a coffee break. Nothing wrong with that. In such a high stress job, little breaks were encouraged. Overworked employees seldom produced adequate performance and that would only cause the department as a whole to begin to suffer.

"How's the investigation coming?" She asked, slowing just enough so she could hear whatever answer came.

The IUOM team was currently occupied, she suspected even now some were out with Hit Wizard or Auror experts. Any update there would be useful.
__________________
Imma say all the words inside my head____________________________________

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

DaniDiNardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 01:54 AM   #4 (permalink)


DMLE & DMT

Merperson
 
Holmesian Feline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baker Street
Posts: 29,150

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Septimus Hadley-Nairne
Fourth Year
x8 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cassandra McNally
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Gideon Gert
Slug & Jiggers
Default You know who
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Paperwork was a necessary evil sometimes. Well only a half-necessary evil when it was an overwhelming headache. Simon much preferred actually handling things hands on then the reporting of the handling after the fact. But given it helped when people started to question if things were being done right or at all, or they needed a reference to go back to for, it did have some purpose in the long run. Thankfully it was more often than not the former purpose.

For now it was the reason he was seated at his desk mid-morning rather than elsewhere in the various levels of the ministry at the current moment. His quill scritch scratching across one parchment or another as he worked, his focused gaze looking over what had been passed off to him in between.
__________________

Last edited by Holmesian Feline; 03-18-2019 at 02:07 AM.
Holmesian Feline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 07:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMLE & DMC
Pixie
 
RandomRaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nutella Jar (GMT+7)
Posts: 44,917

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Chae
Sixth Year
x7

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Burton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Jordan Hernandez
Magical Creatures
Default me? XD
BOOMBAYAH! | #PuedoPorquePiensoQuePuedo | Certified Blank and Random Person | Raventastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post
Paperwork was a necessary evil sometimes. Well only a half-necessary evil when it was an overwhelming headache. Simon much preferred actually handling things hands on then the reporting of the handling after the fact. But given it helped when people started to question if things were being done right or at all, or they needed a reference to go back to for, it did have some purpose in the long run. Thankfully it was more often than not the former purpose.

For now it was the reason he was seated at his desk mid-morning rather than elsewhere in the various levels of the ministry at the current moment. His quill scritch scratching across one parchment or another as he worked, his focused gaze looking over what had been passed off to him in between.
Since YATI didn't have their own desk yet, Ava was rarely to be found in working area. Well, she occasionally was there for ministry security business since she also had been assigned there when she didn't have YATI training. Did she have to choose to not do this? Sadly. no. Nevertheless Ava had promised to Cambridge (and herself) to take this seriously. It wasn't really a problem for her... Although that means she had to give up her part-time work where she earned extra galleons and only be able to see Reed on their usual Friday movie night, ahem.

After she finished her usual morning training, the YATI then approached the working area to find the head of security. Ah, there he was. "Good morning, Mr. Bennett." She greeted the man as she approached his desk. "Is there anything I can do for today?" Since she didn't really have anything to do for now.
__________________
I owned every second that this world could give. I saw so many places, the things that I did._

_____________________________________Yeah with every broken bone, I swear I lived
RandomRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 03:46 AM   #6 (permalink)


DMLE & DMT

Merperson
 
Holmesian Feline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baker Street
Posts: 29,150

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Septimus Hadley-Nairne
Fourth Year
x8 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cassandra McNally
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Gideon Gert
Slug & Jiggers
Default
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomRaven View Post
Since YATI didn't have their own desk yet, Ava was rarely to be found in working area. Well, she occasionally was there for ministry security business since she also had been assigned there when she didn't have YATI training. Did she have to choose to not do this? Sadly. no. Nevertheless Ava had promised to Cambridge (and herself) to take this seriously. It wasn't really a problem for her... Although that means she had to give up her part-time work where she earned extra galleons and only be able to see Reed on their usual Friday movie night, ahem.

After she finished her usual morning training, the YATI then approached the working area to find the head of security. Ah, there he was. "Good morning, Mr. Bennett." She greeted the man as she approached his desk. "Is there anything I can do for today?" Since she didn't really have anything to do for now.
Simon took notice of someone approaching but continued to work. Non-threatening…non-hurrying movements…he could finish the last train of thought on his compilation of notes. His attention did drift to the young woman as she finally spoke and broke the quiet, the message clearly for him even if his name hadn’t been mentioned. His borrowed YATI was around and wishing to speak to him and he was all ears.

“Good morning, Miss Burton” he said, returning the young woman’s greeting. Did he have something for her today? He leaned back in his chair slightly as he thought, it taking a few brief moments before he had an idea. “Actually yes,” the security head answered, straightening up to his feet. “I think we should look into some exterior perimeter spells,” he added as he closed a folder around his work and secured it in his desk. He could use a break and his charge learning something new or improving on her knowledge was good too.
__________________
Holmesian Feline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMLE & DMC
Pixie
 
RandomRaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nutella Jar (GMT+7)
Posts: 44,917

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Chae
Sixth Year
x7

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Burton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Jordan Hernandez
Magical Creatures
Default
BOOMBAYAH! | #PuedoPorquePiensoQuePuedo | Certified Blank and Random Person | Raventastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post


Simon took notice of someone approaching but continued to work. Non-threatening…non-hurrying movements…he could finish the last train of thought on his compilation of notes. His attention did drift to the young woman as she finally spoke and broke the quiet, the message clearly for him even if his name hadn’t been mentioned. His borrowed YATI was around and wishing to speak to him and he was all ears.

“Good morning, Miss Burton” he said, returning the young woman’s greeting. Did he have something for her today? He leaned back in his chair slightly as he thought, it taking a few brief moments before he had an idea. “Actually yes,” the security head answered, straightening up to his feet. “I think we should look into some exterior perimeter spells,” he added as he closed a folder around his work and secured it in his desk. He could use a break and his charge learning something new or improving on her knowledge was good too.
She wasn't really busy today, no other training or YATI lessons that she needed to be there so let's just say today Ava would dedicate herself with the ministry security. Yeah, it might sound exaggerating but looking at the brighter side, she could learn something new from this assignment. Exterior perimeter spells, got it. "Alright, sir." Politely the 22 year-old nodded when Simon gave her the assignment. "Could you tell me more about it?"

This was better than serving coffee at the coffee shop, right? Let's hope so. Ava had to drop of her part-time because of this extra assignment. And no, she's not complaining about that.
__________________
I owned every second that this world could give. I saw so many places, the things that I did._

_____________________________________Yeah with every broken bone, I swear I lived
RandomRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:36 PM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160