sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9818
Classes: 15
Professors: 13

00
00
View Points

Members

There are 162 users online including...
FearlessLeader19 , DuckyLinJi , Granger Danger , pundantic , Krel Ansell

9 members
153 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Ministry of Magic > Upper Levels > Level 1


Level 1 The Offices of the Minister for Magic

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-12-2018, 03:02 AM
sweetpinkpixie sweetpinkpixie is offline
 
Default Office of the Minister for Magic, Charles Hollingberry


Welcome to the office of Charles Hollingberry, current Minister for Magic and appointed leader of the wizarding government in the United Kingdom. The office is located at the far end of Level One, and it is only accessible through the Senior Undersecretary's Office where guests are all escorted to a gaudy but comfortable waiting room. Help yourself to one, or several, of the individual packets of yogurt covered raisins tied with thin red ribbon found in the bowl on the coffee table. The Minister has been informed of your visit will be with you soon.

Boasting vibrant crimsons and warm gold tones, the office of the Minister for Magic is even more gaudy than the waiting room. The wooden walls are almost entirely covered with bookshelves, framed paintings of landscapes, and portraits of most of the previous Ministers for Magic - who the Minister may consult from time to time. Dark wooden cabinets and tables are adorned with artifacts from around the world and countless framed family photos of his children and grandchildren in various stages of their lives. Chances are you have already seen these on more than one occasion as the Minister also carries copies in his leather wallet sized photo album he keeps in his robes pocket at all times to shamelessly whip out and share should any and all opportunity arise. There is no desk to be seen but rather too luxurious red leather couches in the middle of the room.

So just where does the Minister do all his important work? Tap the right series of book spines along the shelves and you may be able to find out, though highly unlikely. This intricate beat is the sole knowledge of the Minister himself and the Senior Undersecretary. Nothing personal, the simply Minister prefers to keep all visitors away from sensitive documents and his affairs private.

Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 07:57 AM   #26 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Minister for Magic
Gladrags & Fanfiction Mod

DoM & MO


Pogrebin
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 33,459

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fifth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

No no nooooo certainly not. No firing to be done here today.

It was very apparent that his words had taken the woman by surprise and Charles felt just a bit guilty for creating the impression that something was amiss. He easily dismissed these sentiments when he saw his offer processed and accepted - it was in her eyes, she did not need to say anything - and the Minister's lips slowly began to curl into a pleasant sort of grin.

"That is a personal Maddox for him to digress in should he choose to," he nodded. And he knew that the two had a good repertoire, so surely the man would answer her questions should she ask. "But no matter the case, he has decided to resign from his post here at the Ministry and suggested you be considered for the position." With reservations, but Charles had reviewed her file and line of work at the Ministry and it felt confident in the decision.

Eyes gentle and warm, Charles nodded his head once again towards the parchments and quill. All she needed do was to ----------

Oh. OH.

His grandfatherly reflexes not what they used to be, he just barely caught her in his arms as she launched herself across to him. And he heard the inkwell spill over with a clink, but no matter. It was an accident that could easily be fixed.

"Welcome aboard," he chuckled, rubbing her back gently up and down as he would his own daughter.

With Alexa Cambridge rising in the ranks, that was two new department head positions filled and one left to consider.
__________________


like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion.............
like how a single word can make a heart open...................
I might only have one match but I can make an explosion.............
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:18 AM   #27 (permalink)
Other Characters
Jarvey
 
The Announcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 633

Ministry RPG Name:
The Announcer
Default

An owl is delivered to the Minister for Magic's desk in the late afternoon. It bears the mark of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and the Headmaster's somewhat less than composed handwriting. It isn't by any means necessary, but it wasn't as neat as he typically prided himself on it being. Accompanying the letter is a box, containing labelled samples of fur and swabs as well as a cage that doesn't immediately appear to have any special uses.

SPOILER!!: letter



HOGWARTS SCHOOL
of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY


A situation has arisen within the castle. Let me first assure that the situation has since been contained and we are doing our best to resolve it, however, there remains a situation.

Strange creatures have been spotted around the castle, creatures we now suspect to be behind the disappearance of several items of school property. They are not a kind of creature we've ever seen before but they appear to multiply after eating, resulting in a pest problem now well beyond our control. The nature of these creatures is such that they disappear at will and eat without discrimination. This is not meant to alarm, but a professor has since been consumed.

A team of experts being sent over to help in our efforts to remove these creatures would be greatly appreciated.

Additionally, it appears these creatures have brought with them an illness of sorts that has affected several of our students. Along with this owl, I will be sending samples from a few of the students as well as a cage that used to house the creature before it was released to cause havoc. Further production of these cages could prove very beneficial in dealing with this situation.

Precautions are currently being taken to ensure the students and remaining staff are safe. We'll continue to take these until you are able to assess the issue among yourselves and come to a solution appropriate to the situation.



Headmaster


__________________
The Announcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:28 AM   #28 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Minister for Magic
Gladrags & Fanfiction Mod

DoM & MO


Pogrebin
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 33,459

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fifth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Announcer View Post
An owl is delivered to the Minister for Magic's desk in the late afternoon. It bears the mark of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and the Headmaster's somewhat less than composed handwriting. It isn't by any means necessary, but it wasn't as neat as he typically prided himself on it being. Accompanying the letter is a box, containing labelled samples of fur and swabs as well as a cage that doesn't immediately appear to have any special uses.

SPOILER!!: letter



HOGWARTS SCHOOL
of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY


A situation has arisen within the castle. Let me first assure that the situation has since been contained and we are doing our best to resolve it, however, there remains a situation.

Strange creatures have been spotted around the castle, creatures we now suspect to be behind the disappearance of several items of school property. They are not a kind of creature we've ever seen before but they appear to multiply after eating, resulting in a pest problem now well beyond our control. The nature of these creatures is such that they disappear at will and eat without discrimination. This is not meant to alarm, but a professor has since been consumed.

A team of experts being sent over to help in our efforts to remove these creatures would be greatly appreciated.

Additionally, it appears these creatures have brought with them an illness of sorts that has affected several of our students. Along with this owl, I will be sending samples from a few of the students as well as a cage that used to house the creature before it was released to cause havoc. Further production of these cages could prove very beneficial in dealing with this situation.

Precautions are currently being taken to ensure the students and remaining staff are safe. We'll continue to take these until you are able to assess the issue among yourselves and come to a solution appropriate to the situation.



Headmaster


Charles had been looking over some documents sent over from Games & Sports and International Magical Cooperation with regards to the coming Quidditch World Cup. Truly exciting times and just the ticket he needed to not dwell on what had happened a month ago now at the picnic. There was much work to be done and progress to be had and CLEARLY he needed to run a tighter ship if things such as dragon attacking fireworks were slipping through the cracks. Perhaps he should observe and debrief Ministry Security himself?

All thoughts for another day, it would seem, as the Minister received an owl from none other then his boy Trentula. Charles always appreciated their correspondence, so it was with MUCH disappointment that he read the contents of this particular letter.

.............well then.

Opting to bypass the purple paper airplanes this time, Charles flourished his wand and sent a silvery opossum towards the offices of James, Eliora, and Airey.
__________________


like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion.............
like how a single word can make a heart open...................
I might only have one match but I can make an explosion.............
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 02:45 AM   #29 (permalink)
Moderator
Quibbler & Mungo's



DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,075

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fourth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

To say that Victoria was in a fog was an understatement. She was struggling to get through the days since she had heard the news. Her heart sank every time she thought about it and the words of Cossy coming back to haunt her. She knew if she would speak to him he would tell her he told her so and that angered her more than anything.

She knew she had bought two coffees and her feet took her exactly where she wanted to go, but why was she here. What would be the reason she would tell the receptionist? She didn't have a meeting nor did she have any papers with her, just two coffees. She glanced down the corridor before stepping in and asked if he was in his office. Thankfully with she wasn't questioned as to why she was there Vic headed towards his door.

She quietly with her elbow gave it a little knock.
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 01:17 PM   #30 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Minister for Magic
Gladrags & Fanfiction Mod

DoM & MO


Pogrebin
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 33,459

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fifth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
To say that Victoria was in a fog was an understatement. She was struggling to get through the days since she had heard the news. Her heart sank every time she thought about it and the words of Cossy coming back to haunt her. She knew if she would speak to him he would tell her he told her so and that angered her more than anything.

She knew she had bought two coffees and her feet took her exactly where she wanted to go, but why was she here. What would be the reason she would tell the receptionist? She didn't have a meeting nor did she have any papers with her, just two coffees. She glanced down the corridor before stepping in and asked if he was in his office. Thankfully with she wasn't questioned as to why she was there Vic headed towards his door.

She quietly with her elbow gave it a little knock.
The door had allowed her in as everything behind it was a lavish waiting room and not the Minister's actual office which was safely tucked away with its entrance and exit always alternating secretively about the space. The portraits had already alerted him as to whom specifically was visiting and his stomach found itself doubling over in tight knots. Burdened with the knowledge he possessed, the decisions to be made on how to proceed - which were all coming along swimmingly with Olly's assistance - and his overly compassionate soul, Charles quickly descended the spiraling staircase down from his office and appeared from one of the countless bookcases as it slid aside.

"Victoria," he smiled warmly as he approached her and gestured to the couches. "Please, have a seat."

__________________


like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion.............
like how a single word can make a heart open...................
I might only have one match but I can make an explosion.............
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 05:55 PM   #31 (permalink)
Moderator
Quibbler & Mungo's



DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,075

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fourth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

The door had allowed her in as everything behind it was a lavish waiting room and not the Minister's actual office which was safely tucked away with its entrance and exit always alternating secretively about the space. The portraits had already alerted him as to whom specifically was visiting and his stomach found itself doubling over in tight knots. Burdened with the knowledge he possessed, the decisions to be made on how to proceed - which were all coming along swimmingly with Olly's assistance - and his overly compassionate soul, Charles quickly descended the spiraling staircase down from his office and appeared from one of the countless bookcases as it slid aside.

"Victoria," he smiled warmly as he approached her and gestured to the couches. "Please, have a seat."

Having the door open Victoria walked inside and looked around not sure where the Minister was, but soon she saw him coming down and offering her a seat. 'Thank you Charles, I.." Why was she here? Why had she come to see him? There was no point making up an excuse and just getting to the point.

"I brought you a coffee, in my morning fog I bought two and ended up at your door. Have you had any new updates? " Taking a seat on the couch and handing him his coffee she sipped her own, though it didn't taste right, nothing tasted right. "Alana can't sleep, I get mirrors from Elisa, but there is never anything good. They both are just scared for their nephew. We all are." Tad was technically not her grandson because of her separation with his grandfather many years ago, but being the mother to his aunts, it left her in a grandmother place with him and she treated him as if he was hers.

"I'm sorry I don't mean to just come to you and ask. I know you are a very busy man." Being like this at work was very uncharacteristic f Victoria and she knew it. She had thought about taking a personal leave while this was going on, but what would she do at home, sit and worry? No that wasn't her way, being at work and staying busy was the way she dealt with all problems in her life.
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 01:52 AM   #32 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Minister for Magic
Gladrags & Fanfiction Mod

DoM & MO


Pogrebin
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 33,459

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fifth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Having the door open Victoria walked inside and looked around not sure where the Minister was, but soon she saw him coming down and offering her a seat. 'Thank you Charles, I.." Why was she here? Why had she come to see him? There was no point making up an excuse and just getting to the point.

"I brought you a coffee, in my morning fog I bought two and ended up at your door. Have you had any new updates? " Taking a seat on the couch and handing him his coffee she sipped her own, though it didn't taste right, nothing tasted right. "Alana can't sleep, I get mirrors from Elisa, but there is never anything good. They both are just scared for their nephew. We all are." Tad was technically not her grandson because of her separation with his grandfather many years ago, but being the mother to his aunts, it left her in a grandmother place with him and she treated him as if he was hers.

"I'm sorry I don't mean to just come to you and ask. I know you are a very busy man." Being like this at work was very uncharacteristic f Victoria and she knew it. She had thought about taking a personal leave while this was going on, but what would she do at home, sit and worry? No that wasn't her way, being at work and staying busy was the way she dealt with all problems in her life.
Charles. Not Minister.

That was an instant cue between them that this was more a private matter than Ministry business and he waved his hand to summon a memo for January to let her know that he was not to be disturbed unless it was an urgent matter.

He wasn't sure he entirely believed her about the spare coffee, but he smiled kindly at her nonetheless as he accepted it. "More of the same," he sighed as he took a seat across from her. He would offer a packet of one of his homemade treats to her, but it did not seem the time for such pleasantries. She was already well aware that they were on the table anyway. "Olivia and I have been speaking and she will be leading her department in an investigation. We will know more once they return..." And he ventured a glance at the clock on the wall. They ought to have arrived at Hogwarts an hour ago...causing the man to grow antsy himself. Sitting here as the Minister was gnawing at him. He wanted to go himself and see his grandchildren. "I have not heard from my grandchildren, though I am assured they are safe." He could only imagine what state little sunspot Rebecca was in...not to mention Eiji after what he had endured.Were it not for their centaur professor, his grandson would not alive.

And he had heard unsettling things about what his grandson had experience in the mist. His peers as well. Though something just was not measuring up to the man and he struggled to put his finger on it.

"I have also requested that Airey reach out to his partner and nephew who work for the Russian Ministry for any unusual chort movements as Hogwarts had experienced previously." It was the only lead he had on unusual weather patterns and Hogwarts, and it wasn't much. "They both assured me that migrations and movements are regular as far as that is concerned." He sighed and leaned his elbows uncharacteristically on his knees, rubbing his gently wrinkled features. "Ryunosuke is concerned as well." His son, as Victoria would know, who was the headmaster and Defense Against the Dark Arts professor at Himitsumahou. "Though he has his hands full with his own abnormalities manifesting at his location."

No wizarding school was truly ever quiet. It was simply the nature of the beast, as it were.

"I am afraid that is all I am privy to share at this time," he apologized while reaching across the coffee table to rest a hand affectionately atop on of hers. "We will find him, I personally guarantee that."
__________________


like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion.............
like how a single word can make a heart open...................
I might only have one match but I can make an explosion.............
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 05:16 PM   #33 (permalink)
Moderator
Quibbler & Mungo's



DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,075

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fourth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Charles. Not Minister.

That was an instant cue between them that this was more a private matter than Ministry business and he waved his hand to summon a memo for January to let her know that he was not to be disturbed unless it was an urgent matter.

He wasn't sure he entirely believed her about the spare coffee, but he smiled kindly at her nonetheless as he accepted it. "More of the same," he sighed as he took a seat across from her. He would offer a packet of one of his homemade treats to her, but it did not seem the time for such pleasantries. She was already well aware that they were on the table anyway. "Olivia and I have been speaking and she will be leading her department in an investigation. We will know more once they return..." And he ventured a glance at the clock on the wall. They ought to have arrived at Hogwarts an hour ago...causing the man to grow antsy himself. Sitting here as the Minister was gnawing at him. He wanted to go himself and see his grandchildren. "I have not heard from my grandchildren, though I am assured they are safe." He could only imagine what state little sunspot Rebecca was in...not to mention Eiji after what he had endured. Were it not for their centaur professor, his grandson would not alive.

And he had heard unsettling things about what his grandson had experience in the mist. His peers as well. Though something just was not measuring up to the man and he struggled to put his finger on it.

"I have also requested that Airey reach out to his partner and nephew who work for the Russian Ministry for any unusual chort movements as Hogwarts had experienced previously." It was the only lead he had on unusual weather patterns and Hogwarts, and it wasn't much. "They both assured me that migrations and movements are regular as far as that is concerned." He sighed and leaned his elbows uncharacteristically on his knees, rubbing his gently wrinkled features. "Ryunosuke is concerned as well." His son, as Victoria would know, who was the headmaster and Defense Against the Dark Arts professor at Himitsumahou. "Though he has his hands full with his own abnormalities manifesting at his location."

No wizarding school was truly ever quiet. It was simply the nature of the beast, as it were.

"I am afraid that is all I am privy to share at this time," he apologized while reaching across the coffee table to rest a hand affectionately atop on of hers. "We will find him, I personally guarantee that."
She sat quietly as he spoke, his words reaching her hears, but her facial expression something of a distant thought was going on in her mind though she was actually fully listening. It was nice to see the ministry jumping quickly to get over there and figure things out and she knew Olly would do a very good job, but she just wished there was more information especially on Tad. "The last mirror I had with Elisa she said that they are safe, but they are now sharing common rooms." Trying to remember everything her daughter had said in their last conversation. They were far and few between, but she knew Elisa was mirroring her father more and that was okay with everything going on. She knew Charely and Wade needed her more right now.

She nodded about the Airey thing, she vaguely remembered something about herds a few years back, but so much happened at Wizarding schools it was hard to keep it straight. 'I'll never live this down with Cossy." She shook her head the thought not meant to come out of her mouth and she frowned hearing her own words. "It's bringing up what went fully wrong all over again. Being a former professor you would think he of all people would know that the Wizarding schools were all dangerous, but he always acted like Hogwarts was beneath him." She sighed growing upset at the memories. "Uprooting are entire family, it wasn't hard enough with Alana at the muggle school and not with her sister at Hogwarts, but now Helena being fully in a different country." Her lip wibbled, but she tried to control her emotions. 'Now with Tad, I mean it is horrible for any student to be missing, but family it will be an I told you so for him."

She tried to remove those thoughts from her mind and concentrate on other things. "I hope they find him and sooner rather than later, plus there is a young lady as well from my understanding?" She knew there was someone else, but her focus had been for her family that she felt bad not acknowledging the other. His hand on hers made her feel comforted in a small way, but she knew he was going through just as much as she was and him saying about his son was not a surprise. "I believe in that school and the staff there, I always have, I also believe in our department heads and employees, so they will all keep our children safe and figure this out." Whether she was trying to say that to reassure herself or helping to comfort him in return for his comfort she wasn't sure, it might be both if she truly put thought into it.
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 11:43 AM   #34 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Minister for Magic
Gladrags & Fanfiction Mod

DoM & MO


Pogrebin
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 33,459

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fifth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
She sat quietly as he spoke, his words reaching her hears, but her facial expression something of a distant thought was going on in her mind though she was actually fully listening. It was nice to see the ministry jumping quickly to get over there and figure things out and she knew Olly would do a very good job, but she just wished there was more information especially on Tad. "The last mirror I had with Elisa she said that they are safe, but they are now sharing common rooms." Trying to remember everything her daughter had said in their last conversation. They were far and few between, but she knew Elisa was mirroring her father more and that was okay with everything going on. She knew Charely and Wade needed her more right now.

She nodded about the Airey thing, she vaguely remembered something about herds a few years back, but so much happened at Wizarding schools it was hard to keep it straight. 'I'll never live this down with Cossy." She shook her head the thought not meant to come out of her mouth and she frowned hearing her own words. "It's bringing up what went fully wrong all over again. Being a former professor you would think he of all people would know that the Wizarding schools were all dangerous, but he always acted like Hogwarts was beneath him." She sighed growing upset at the memories. "Uprooting are entire family, it wasn't hard enough with Alana at the muggle school and not with her sister at Hogwarts, but now Helena being fully in a different country." Her lip wibbled, but she tried to control her emotions. 'Now with Tad, I mean it is horrible for any student to be missing, but family it will be an I told you so for him."

She tried to remove those thoughts from her mind and concentrate on other things. "I hope they find him and sooner rather than later, plus there is a young lady as well from my understanding?" She knew there was someone else, but her focus had been for her family that she felt bad not acknowledging the other. His hand on hers made her feel comforted in a small way, but she knew he was going through just as much as she was and him saying about his son was not a surprise. "I believe in that school and the staff there, I always have, I also believe in our department heads and employees, so they will all keep our children safe and figure this out." Whether she was trying to say that to reassure herself or helping to comfort him in return for his comfort she wasn't sure, it might be both if she truly put thought into it.
Charles found himself remaining silent but nodding, simply acknowledging that he was listening and hearing her concerns. Which was perhaps very Minister of him, but he was not doing so in his political capacity. Not at the moment, no. It was a much more intimate setting between them.

He had heard about the current living conditions at Hogwarts and while not ideal, it would do for now. Each child had their own bed and was well fed still thanks to the house elves being able to zip back and forth between the kitchens and common rooms. Though he could only imagine how irritated his grandson was with this, particularly seeing as Slytherin was housing with Gryffindor. Though his thoughts could hardly focus on his own grandchildren, shockingly, as Victoria began to delve further into her own situation. He was very familiar with her situation with her ex-husband and the custody situation there as well. Something Charles always found a bit peculiar coming from a former Hogwarts professor to be so adamantly against the school. It made the man wonder if, perhaps, he had been let go rather than leave on his own accord. Though he pulled his thoughts away from all this soon enough to give her hand yet another squeeze and even softer eyes. There were not really any words of comfort that he could think to offer her in the moment. No matter how one looked at it, it was a terrible situation.

"Yes. Two," he nodded in regretful confirmation. Rebecca, he knew, would be taking the latter hard and he wished he could hold his granddaughter. "I am confident that Olly and her team will bring them both back home. I regret that I cannot offer you more counsel than that. I have half a mind to join Environmental out in the field myself." He was feeling a bit stir crazy sitting here at the Ministry while all this was going on. "I should be receiving an update from the team in another hour if you would like to wait here for that." While they pretended to sip their coffees.
__________________


like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion.............
like how a single word can make a heart open...................
I might only have one match but I can make an explosion.............
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 03:09 AM   #35 (permalink)
Moderator
Quibbler & Mungo's



DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,075

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fourth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Charles found himself remaining silent but nodding, simply acknowledging that he was listening and hearing her concerns. Which was perhaps very Minister of him, but he was not doing so in his political capacity. Not at the moment, no. It was a much more intimate setting between them.

He had heard about the current living conditions at Hogwarts and while not ideal, it would do for now. Each child had their own bed and was well fed still thanks to the house elves being able to zip back and forth between the kitchens and common rooms. Though he could only imagine how irritated his grandson was with this, particularly seeing as Slytherin was housing with Gryffindor. Though his thoughts could hardly focus on his own grandchildren, shockingly, as Victoria began to delve further into her own situation. He was very familiar with her situation with her ex-husband and the custody situation there as well. Something Charles always found a bit peculiar coming from a former Hogwarts professor to be so adamantly against the school. It made the man wonder if, perhaps, he had been let go rather than leave on his own accord. Though he pulled his thoughts away from all this soon enough to give her hand yet another squeeze and even softer eyes. There were not really any words of comfort that he could think to offer her in the moment. No matter how one looked at it, it was a terrible situation.

"Yes. Two," he nodded in regretful confirmation. Rebecca, he knew, would be taking the latter hard and he wished he could hold his granddaughter. "I am confident that Olly and her team will bring them both back home. I regret that I cannot offer you more counsel than that. I have half a mind to join Environmental out in the field myself." He was feeling a bit stir crazy sitting here at the Ministry while all this was going on. "I should be receiving an update from the team in another hour if you would like to wait here for that." While they pretended to sip their coffees.
Vic was fighting back tears, she had been for days, but right now was not the place for the tears so she tried to force them away. Taking her hand away from his in a polite way she wrapped it around her coffee along with her other to sip her coffee. As she did she went silent and silence filled the room after he spoke. Yes, there were two, two very scared children, two hopefully still alive children, one of them being someone close to her. The cup got blurry from the tears that would not hide any longer.

As they slipped down her cheek she tried to recover and wipe them quickly, "Sorry" this was not what she meant to do. Charles was her boss and she shouldn't be crying in front of him, but she felt he was a close friend that she could count on as well as a boss and for that she felt more comfortable being herself and letting her feelings show.

"I know you are doing everything you can and I am grateful for that and I know you have to be worried sick for your grandchildren as I am for my daughter and grandchildren." She knew how Daisy was because of Elisa and Charley keeping her up to date.

'I don't want to keep you, I know you are a busy man, but I wouldn't mind getting to stay if that was alright." They could figure out work things possible to get their minds off of the waiting. What work things she tried to think of. Was there anything she needed to speak with him about concerning her area?
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 01:29 PM   #36 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Minister for Magic
Gladrags & Fanfiction Mod

DoM & MO


Pogrebin
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 33,459

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fifth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Vic was fighting back tears, she had been for days, but right now was not the place for the tears so she tried to force them away. Taking her hand away from his in a polite way she wrapped it around her coffee along with her other to sip her coffee. As she did she went silent and silence filled the room after he spoke. Yes, there were two, two very scared children, two hopefully still alive children, one of them being someone close to her. The cup got blurry from the tears that would not hide any longer.

As they slipped down her cheek she tried to recover and wipe them quickly, "Sorry" this was not what she meant to do. Charles was her boss and she shouldn't be crying in front of him, but she felt he was a close friend that she could count on as well as a boss and for that she felt more comfortable being herself and letting her feelings show.

"I know you are doing everything you can and I am grateful for that and I know you have to be worried sick for your grandchildren as I am for my daughter and grandchildren." She knew how Daisy was because of Elisa and Charley keeping her up to date.

'I don't want to keep you, I know you are a busy man, but I wouldn't mind getting to stay if that was alright." They could figure out work things possible to get their minds off of the waiting. What work things she tried to think of. Was there anything she needed to speak with him about concerning her area?
He could all to easily see the attempt and maintaining a professional distance and the Minister was, quite frankly, this close to saying 'to hell' with professionalism. These were extreme circumstances and they both were only human. The urge only intensified when he saw those tears falling. They were positively his least favorite thing in this world, tears. Those that were harbingers of despair, like the sort that were now pouring down Victoria's cheeks. The sight prompted him to pull his silk handkerchief from his pocket and in a last minute swerve was offering it to her rather than dabbing her cheeks and lashes himself.

"I think I would like to suggest you take the rest of the day off, Victoria," he replied sincerely. If that meant using his waiting area for that then that could certainly be arranged. "You have a strong department with more than capable division managers. Surely they can handle any immediate work that needs done."
__________________


like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion.............
like how a single word can make a heart open...................
I might only have one match but I can make an explosion.............
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 12:57 PM   #37 (permalink)
Moderator
Quibbler & Mungo's



DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,075

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fourth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

He could all to easily see the attempt and maintaining a professional distance and the Minister was, quite frankly, this close to saying 'to hell' with professionalism. These were extreme circumstances and they both were only human. The urge only intensified when he saw those tears falling. They were positively his least favorite thing in this world, tears. Those that were harbingers of despair, like the sort that were now pouring down Victoria's cheeks. The sight prompted him to pull his silk handkerchief from his pocket and in a last minute swerve was offering it to her rather than dabbing her cheeks and lashes himself.

"I think I would like to suggest you take the rest of the day off, Victoria," he replied sincerely. If that meant using his waiting area for that then that could certainly be arranged. "You have a strong department with more than capable division managers. Surely they can handle any immediate work that needs done."

Victoria knew she had lost her moment to seem stronger than she was, but with him, she didn't feel the need to fully be strong all the time, she knew that he wouldn't think less of her as a leader nor think she was just being dramatic. No, Charles had been here a few years now and knew her work ethic and her personal struggles, those personal struggles were not ones you could hide for very long. She took the handkerchief and tried to put herself back together, "Thank you, you are always so understanding. It's why you are so good in this position. " A weak smile did cross her lips as she said this, he was perfect as a minister, he knew how to lead but was personable and compassionate enough to understand the struggles others were facing. It was the best balance for a minister.

It was his words that stopped her though. Take the rest of the day off? Her? She was not one to do that nor was she one to not throw herself in her work, even more, when things were bad. It was an avoidance she had used for way too long. It was the very problem in her life at times that she didn't face things she hid from them with her work.

This time though she found herself nodding, "I do have strong employees and they have proved they can run the office without me in the past year." She had to be out a few more days than she would have liked when she had been ill, but her department proved to be amazing. "I can take a few things with me, but maybe where I am needed is over at Wade's or even Bart's so that Bart can be with them. " She could have snuggle time with her newest grandson while her son went to be with his siblings.
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 03:39 PM   #38 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Minister for Magic
Gladrags & Fanfiction Mod

DoM & MO


Pogrebin
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 33,459

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fifth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Victoria knew she had lost her moment to seem stronger than she was, but with him, she didn't feel the need to fully be strong all the time, she knew that he wouldn't think less of her as a leader nor think she was just being dramatic. No, Charles had been here a few years now and knew her work ethic and her personal struggles, those personal struggles were not ones you could hide for very long. She took the handkerchief and tried to put herself back together, "Thank you, you are always so understanding. It's why you are so good in this position. " A weak smile did cross her lips as she said this, he was perfect as a minister, he knew how to lead but was personable and compassionate enough to understand the struggles others were facing. It was the best balance for a minister.

It was his words that stopped her though. Take the rest of the day off? Her? She was not one to do that nor was she one to not throw herself in her work, even more, when things were bad. It was an avoidance she had used for way too long. It was the very problem in her life at times that she didn't face things she hid from them with her work.

This time though she found herself nodding, "I do have strong employees and they have proved they can run the office without me in the past year." She had to be out a few more days than she would have liked when she had been ill, but her department proved to be amazing. "I can take a few things with me, but maybe where I am needed is over at Wade's or even Bart's so that Bart can be with them. " She could have snuggle time with her newest grandson while her son went to be with his siblings.
She had lost nothing as far as he was concerned, rather gained a confirmation that she was human being with very real emotions. It, truly, was only to be expected and there was a certain level of relief he felt at seeing her allow herself this. As for his own personality traits receiving such soft praise in this moment, well, it warmed his aging heart but had not been something he had gained with ease. "I do my best," he offered with an almost boyish sort of chuckle.

His eyes widened gently and eyebrows arched as she spoken, genuinely taken aback at how easy it had been to for her to accept the suggestion. Then again, she had not left the premises just yet so perhaps his thoughts were a bit premature. "I am sure they would value and appreciate your presence at this time," he encouraged gently.
__________________


like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion.............
like how a single word can make a heart open...................
I might only have one match but I can make an explosion.............
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:39 PM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164