SnitchSeeker.com

SnitchSeeker.com (http://www.snitchseeker.com/forum.php)
-   Leaky Cauldron (http://www.snitchseeker.com/leaky-cauldron/)
-   -   Bar and Service Counter (http://www.snitchseeker.com/leaky-cauldron/bar-and-service-counter-110636/)

Zoe 09-23-2018 06:00 PM

Bar and Service Counter
 

https://i.postimg.cc/RZSQ98sw/bar-se...ter-banner.jpg
Behind the counter is one of the most approachable people in Diagon Alley. Feel free to walk up to the counter and order anything off the menu.

When ordering at the Leaky Cauldron, Lucy will fill your order quickly and charmingly. However, if you want to order food the wait may be slightly longer. So feel free to, after having placed your order, take a seat in any of the appropriate areas. Once your food is ready, it will be delivered to you.

Lucy has made several changes to the menu, but has kept the dessert menu mostly unchanged to please all of those customers with a sweet tooth. While some may be familiar sweets to you, others are new. Sphinx Snacks are cookies that come with their own individual riddle. If you are finding yourself unable to answer the Riddle of the Sphinx Snack, simply eat it and the answer will magically pop into your head. The Gingerbread Men are a lively bunch that will argue with you as to why they shouldn't be eaten, so do be careful when ordering them and make sure that they do not try to run away and fall off the counter. Lucy is not fond of picking up cookie men remains. Perhaps Lucy's favorite addition kept form the old dessert menu is the Dementor's Kiss Delight which is a tooth-rottingly rich chocolate cake that comes with your choice of hot beverage for an additional 5 sickles.

You may notice some new additions to the drinks as well as old favorites. Exploding Lemonade may be hazardous to your heath and should be drunken with extreme caution. Vampire Venom is a drink not for the faint of heart and Lucy is not responsible for any fire breathing that may occur due to the intense spiciness of the drink. Perhaps what you may find the most shocking drink on the menu is not what it appears to be, but instead is a lovely blend of orange, snowberries, lychee, cranberry.

To order at the Leaky Cauldron simply come up to the station and tell Lucy what you want. She will then calculate the appropriate price. Paying is key and mandatory, plus tips are always accepted.

Be mindful that certain beverages are only available to adult witches and wizards.

Text Cut: Menu and Guestroom form
Drinks:
8 sickles-


Cider
Orange Juice
Pumpkin Juice
Exploding Lemonade
Tea Hot or Iced
Vampire Venom
Moon Milk (Vanilla, Strawberry, or Chocolate)

10 Sickles-

Thestral Tea
Incendio Hot Chocolate
Mandrake Root Tea
Unicorn Urine
Latte or Espresso

1 Galleon-

Butterbeer
Firewhiskey
Gillywater
Mulled Meade
Red Current Rum
Edlerflower Wine
Sherry



Salads:
1 Galleon 4 Sickles


Garden Gnome Salad
Auror Salad
Cesar Salad
Chicken and Grape Salad
Mermaid Salad


Sandwiches:
1 Galleon 4 Sickles


Avocado and Bean Sprouts
Turkey and Cheddar
Meatball
Ham and Swiss

Starters and Sides:
8 sickles-


Chips
Mashed Potatoes
Steamed Seasonal Vegetables
Onion Rings
Fried Tomatoes
Jacket Potatoes (served after 5 pm)
Roasted Doxy Eggs (sweet and sour, or spicy sauce)
Rice (Brown or White)



Entrees:
2 Galleons 7 Sickles


Fish and Chips
Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes
Hippogriffburger
Veela Hair Pasta
Pork Chops
Roasted Chicken
Pixie Pizza
Sea Serpent Sushi
Cornish Pasties
Shepherd's Pie
Lamb Chops
Steak and Kidney Pie
Beef Casserole


Desserts:
1 Galleon


Apple Pie
Peach Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Rice Pudding
Gingerbread man
Dementor’s Kiss Delight
Red Velvet Cake
Strawberry Cheesecake
Hot Buttered Rum



A copy of the application you'll need to fill out upon requesting a room is posted on the wall behind the counter:

Text Cut: Leaky Cauldron Guest Room Form
Full Name:
Age:
Guests (names and ages of all others staying with you):
Date of Birth:
Address (town, country or just country):
Length of Stay (how many nights):
Pets (number and type(s) of pets staying with - 4 galleons per pet):
Balcony (yay or nay - costs more per night):

* Sunday - Thursday = 15 galleons per night; Friday - Saturday = 17 galleons per night.
* 1 week stay = 80 galleons for up to 2 people (85 galleons for rooms with a balcony)
** 2 week stay = 160 galleons for up to 2 people (165 galleons for rooms with a balcony)
*** Other deals include dinner service and evening wine service. See Lucy for special pricing.
**** Prices include breakfast: unlimited toast with jam, two strips of bacon or sausage, and whatever fruit is in season with yogurt


OOC: Please try to keep the chatter to a minimum in this section. There is a thread specifically for you to chit chat at the bar, so please go there for conversation between you and your characters. This is for ordering drinks/food and talking with the barkeep. Just as in the other shops, have your character place their order. If it's food they desire, after paying the money, have them go sit in the dining area, otherwise, Lucy will get to them in order. This is to clear up all the cluster and chaos that is otherwise a frequent problem.

This is also where the customers may reserve a room. Bear in mind, unless characters are staying with their parents, no one under the age of 16 may stay in the Leaky. The price is fairly steep, so keep this in mind when trying to decide whether or not your character would stay.

Also, PLEASE do not play Lucy or Lucy's crup, Quid. Just as you would not desire for us to play your character, we would rather you not play ours. Just be patient and you will be taken care of. Thank you VERY much in advance.

2111jen 09-30-2018 03:46 AM

Caleb, age 19, dark hair, and dark eyes, standing around 5'4", he wore a green T-shirt, a dark jacket and blue jeans. He looked like he had just got back from somewhere in muggle London.
He had a bit of a bedhead and looked more tired then hungry. But his stomach litterally growled. He muttered something along the lines of "quiet you, I'll feed us in a second" as he walked up to the counter.
"Hello, he said smiling a bit to the woman behind the counter.
"Can I please have a glass of chocolate moon milk and an avacado and turkey sandwich please?" He asked.

Birchwoodmom 09-30-2018 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2111jen (Post 12356692)
Caleb, age 19, dark hair, and dark eyes, standing around 5'4", he wore a green T-shirt, a dark jacket and blue jeans. He looked like he had just got back from somewhere in muggle London.
He had a bit of a bedhead and looked more tired then hungry. But his stomach litterally growled. He muttered something along the lines of "quiet you, I'll feed us in a second" as he walked up to the counter.
"Hello, he said smiling a bit to the woman behind the counter.
"Can I please have a glass of chocolate moon milk and an avacado and turkey sandwich please?" He asked.



Lucy no more than finished updating the guest book when a young man approached the counter. "Hello to you as well, young man. What may I help you with today?" She grabbed her quill and order pad. "One chocolate moon milk and an avocado and turkey sandwich coming right up." She quickly noted the order on the pad and looked back to her customer. "Let's make it an even 10 sickles today." She was in an especially good mood and passing along a little savings to a new face brightened her day even more.

2111jen 09-30-2018 06:09 AM

Caleb nodded, maybe he should have let her say how may I help you first, eh. His smile wavered a bit as he got the money out of his pocket to sort it out but it was still tjere so he wouldn't seem creepy. At least he hoped he didn't. Yeah. The former Slytherin was never good with people. He handed the woman the sickles. "Here you go miss," he said.

Birchwoodmom 10-01-2018 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2111jen (Post 12356738)
Caleb nodded, maybe he should have let her say how may I help you first, eh. His smile wavered a bit as he got the money out of his pocket to sort it out but it was still tjere so he wouldn't seem creepy. At least he hoped he didn't. Yeah. The former Slytherin was never good with people. He handed the woman the sickles. "Here you go miss," he said.

Lucy returned the young man's smile and placed the sickles in the register. "Your order should be up soon. Find yourself a seat in the dining area and it will be brought out as soon as it's ready." She glanced over at the kitchen, thankful the orders were being prepared as quickly as they were coming in. "If you need anything else, don't be shy about asking. I'm happy to help." She gave him a bit of a motherly look, hoping he wasn't the type to be too shy to ask for assistance. It wasn't often the younger crowd visited the Leaky Cauldron alone.

2111jen 10-01-2018 05:15 AM

SPOILER!!: Lucy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom (Post 12357084)
Lucy returned the young man's smile and placed the sickles in the register. "Your order should be up soon. Find yourself a seat in the dining area and it will be brought out as soon as it's ready." She glanced over at the kitchen, thankful the orders were being prepared as quickly as they were coming in. "If you need anything else, don't be shy about asking. I'm happy to help." She gave him a bit of a motherly look, hoping he wasn't the type to be too shy to ask for assistance. It wasn't often the younger crowd visited the Leaky Cauldron alone.


Caleb nodded. "Oh, okay," he said a bit more relaxed. "Thank you ma'am," he said giving her a small nod. After that, he went to go find himself a table to sit at.

Zannash 12-12-2018 10:13 PM

"Ok, today is the day I join Wizarding Society," Mary quietly assured herself, "it will be ok." She clenched one Galleon her brother had gifted her. She would get more from the family vault at Gringotts next, but her siblings had wanted her to try butterbeer before anything else. "Hello," she said, though it was hard to tell if she said it to the floor or the counter. "One butterbeer please," she said, sliding the Galleon across the counter to Lucy.

Birchwoodmom 12-13-2018 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zannash (Post 12369278)
"Ok, today is the day I join Wizarding Society," Mary quietly assured herself, "it will be ok." She clenched one Galleon her brother had gifted her. She would get more from the family vault at Gringotts next, but her siblings had wanted her to try butterbeer before anything else. "Hello," she said, though it was hard to tell if she said it to the floor or the counter. "One butterbeer please," she said, sliding the Galleon across the counter to Lucy.

Lucy loved summer at Diagon Alley. It was when the students were back in full force. It was her absolute favorite time of year and she smiled brightly as the young lady approached the counter. "Hello to you as well." Lucy leaned a bit forward to better see her newest customer. "One butterbeer, coming right up." Her hand reached out to take the galleon and place it in the register.

"My guess is you are starting Hogwarts in the fall. Are you excited? I remember my last summer before attending and I was a nervous mess. My older brother had told me all kids of fibs to scare me about the first day." Lucy reached to her right and filled an icy mug full of butterbeer before placing it on the counter for the young lady to take.

Zannash 12-13-2018 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom (Post 12369370)
Lucy loved summer at Diagon Alley. It was when the students were back in full force. It was her absolute favorite time of year and she smiled brightly as the young lady approached the counter. "Hello to you as well." Lucy leaned a bit forward to better see her newest customer. "One butterbeer, coming right up." Her hand reached out to take the galleon and place it in the register.

"My guess is you are starting Hogwarts in the fall. Are you excited? I remember my last summer before attending and I was a nervous mess. My older brother had told me all kids of fibs to scare me about the first day." Lucy reached to her right and filled an icy mug full of butterbeer before placing it on the counter for the young lady to take.

Mary let out a little chuckle. She was also a nervous mess. "Yeah," responded, taking the butterbeer. As it turns out, this also made her very nervous. She took her first ever sip of butterbeer, and it was AMAZING. She let out a little "Wow!" under her breath.

Birchwoodmom 12-14-2018 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zannash (Post 12369413)
Mary let out a little chuckle. She was also a nervous mess. "Yeah," responded, taking the butterbeer. As it turns out, this also made her very nervous. She took her first ever sip of butterbeer, and it was AMAZING. She let out a little "Wow!" under her breath.

Lucy did her best to not mother the girl and to treat her like the young lady she was. "Well, I'm sure it will all turn out splendidly for you. Enjoy your drink and thank you for visiting today." She pulled out her rag and gently cleaned off the counter of any sticky butterbeer that may have dripped, then started reviewing the guestroom orders for the evening.

Zannash 12-14-2018 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom (Post 12369982)
Lucy did her best to not mother the girl and to treat her like the young lady she was. "Well, I'm sure it will all turn out splendidly for you. Enjoy your drink and thank you for visiting today." She pulled out her rag and gently cleaned off the counter of any sticky butterbeer that may have dripped, then started reviewing the guestroom orders for the evening.

"Thank you!" Mary said happily, walking out to the back. She had felt very comforted by Lucy. She had been so nice, and not at all phased by her shyness. She just treated her as any normal customer.

Ginevra 12-14-2018 12:37 PM

Daisy was in dire need of some refreshments so she made her way to the ordering counter. "Hey there. I would like to order a butterbeer, a serve of lamb chops and a strawberry cheesecake, thanks."

Birchwoodmom 12-16-2018 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginevra (Post 12370047)
Daisy was in dire need of some refreshments so she made her way to the ordering counter. "Hey there. I would like to order a butterbeer, a serve of lamb chops and a strawberry cheesecake, thanks."

Lucy smiled at the young lady as she approached the counter and assumed it was another Hogwarts student on summer holiday. The young lady before her looked familiar and she wondered if she served her the previous summer. "Good day, I'll get that order right in for you." She jotted down the order as she confirmed "That's a butterbeer, lamb chops, and strawberry cheesecake. Total comes to 2 Galleons 7 Sickles."

Ginevra 12-17-2018 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom (Post 12370877)
Lucy smiled at the young lady as she approached the counter and assumed it was another Hogwarts student on summer holiday. The young lady before her looked familiar and she wondered if she served her the previous summer. "Good day, I'll get that order right in for you." She jotted down the order as she confirmed "That's a butterbeer, lamb chops, and strawberry cheesecake. Total comes to 2 Galleons 7 Sickles."

"Thank you. Keep the change as a tip for yourself," Daisy said as she handed over 3 Galleons and 14 Sickles before heading off to the Dining Area to find herself a table to sit at and enjoy her meal.

Birchwoodmom 12-31-2018 11:35 PM

The summer was quickly coming to an end. The students had all but vanished from Diagon Alley and the hustle and bustle of back to school was almost over. It had been another fantastic summer, and her heart was torn between missing the youngsters and being thankful for the more familiar atmosphere.

She took in a slow, deep breath as her eyes scanned the main pub seating. The din of chatter was music to her ears. Her business was booming, her rooms were keeping up steady occupancy, and her cook was on top of her newer menu.

With a quick swipe of her rag, Lucy cleaned off the already sparkling counter and readied herself for the next customer.

Holmesian Feline 01-27-2019 10:29 PM

With the shop closed for the day, Gideon decided to stop by the Leaky Cauldron before going home. He did have a working agreement with them and the shopkeeper wanted to show an effort and check in personally to make sure everything was going all right. It would be rude to make his partner, Lucy, the proprietor of the Leaky, be the one leading communications between them. He might be on the more quiet side, but he wasn't the outright rude type.

Approaching the counter, Gideon suddenly hoped it wasn't too busy to interact. He might have forgotten that his off time was part of the potential meal times at the pub. Oh well...too late to back off now. He'd just have to see.

Birchwoodmom 01-29-2019 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline (Post 12385807)
With the shop closed for the day, Gideon decided to stop by the Leaky Cauldron before going home. He did have a working agreement with them and the shopkeeper wanted to show an effort and check in personally to make sure everything was going all right. It would be rude to make his partner, Lucy, the proprietor of the Leaky, be the one leading communications between them. He might be on the more quiet side, but he wasn't the outright rude type.

Approaching the counter, Gideon suddenly hoped it wasn't too busy to interact. He might have forgotten that his off time was part of the potential meal times at the pub. Oh well...too late to back off now. He'd just have to see.

Lucy had just finished placing an order ticket on the kitchen wheel when she felt someone approach the counter. As she turned, she caught sight of the familiar face. "Gideon, welcome! Such a pleasure seeing you this fine day. What can I do for you?" Lucy smiled brightly as she grabbed her order pad and waited to see how she could help her fellow shopkeeper.

It always lightened her heart when the other Diagon Alley owners and workers came to visit her little establishment. They were her family, her work family at least, and she loved catching up with them and seeing how they were doing.

Holmesian Feline 02-06-2019 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom (Post 12386114)
Lucy had just finished placing an order ticket on the kitchen wheel when she felt someone approach the counter. As she turned, she caught sight of the familiar face. "Gideon, welcome! Such a pleasure seeing you this fine day. What can I do for you?" Lucy smiled brightly as she grabbed her order pad and waited to see how she could help her fellow shopkeeper.

It always lightened her heart when the other Diagon Alley owners and workers came to visit her little establishment. They were her family, her work family at least, and she loved catching up with them and seeing how they were doing.

“Hello…” he said, echoing her greeting, albeit not quite as energetic as Lucy. “Thanks.” For the welcome after all it wasn’t like he was a customer. Although upon seeing her pick up her order pad, Gideon realized she might think that was why he was there. After all it WAS dinner time. It wasn’t like he had any other plans for the evening and his mum would be happy that he actually ate. He tended to have this father’s work ethic and lose track of time on things.

But first…business.

“First…I wanted to check on how things were going…with the potions I mean.” Not that he didn't care about how things were going in general, he um, just wasn't too forward about that. So the potions master was playing it safe. He hadn’t heard of any bad news so maybe the old adage was right. No news was good news. But there was no harm in inquiring after the trial run.

Birchwoodmom 02-07-2019 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline (Post 12389380)


“Hello…” he said, echoing her greeting, albeit not quite as energetic as Lucy. “Thanks.” For the welcome after all it wasn’t like he was a customer. Although upon seeing her pick up her order pad, Gideon realized she might think that was why he was there. After all it WAS dinner time. It wasn’t like he had any other plans for the evening and his mum would be happy that he actually ate. He tended to have this father’s work ethic and lose track of time on things.

But first…business.

“First…I wanted to check on how things were going…with the potions I mean.” Not that he didn't care about how things were going in general, he um, just wasn't too forward about that. So the potions master was playing it safe. He hadn’t heard of any bad news so maybe the old adage was right. No news was good news. But there was no harm in inquiring after the trial run.

"Ah, yes, the potions have been working out wonderfully." She answered as she sat the order pad back on the counter. "The guests have responded very favorably and it's been nice having them available." She hoped he hadn't come to cancel their deal. Lucy wasn't entirely sure how much business it was generating for him, other than what she ordered. However, they had been such a huge help with providing in house options for her guests.

"Why don't we slide down the counter just a bit so we can chat?" Lucy gave a little wave to David to watch the counter for her. "Would you care for a butterbeer? On the house." She had already moved a few steps over and had grabbed a glass to start filing. It was the least she could offer him and she liked keeping her customers and fellow shopkeepers happy.

Holmesian Feline 02-20-2019 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom (Post 12389590)
"Ah, yes, the potions have been working out wonderfully." She answered as she sat the order pad back on the counter. "The guests have responded very favorably and it's been nice having them available." She hoped he hadn't come to cancel their deal. Lucy wasn't entirely sure how much business it was generating for him, other than what she ordered. However, they had been such a huge help with providing in house options for her guests.

"Why don't we slide down the counter just a bit so we can chat?" Lucy gave a little wave to David to watch the counter for her. "Would you care for a butterbeer? On the house." She had already moved a few steps over and had grabbed a glass to start filing. It was the least she could offer him and she liked keeping her customers and fellow shopkeepers happy.

the potions have been working out wonderfully

That was good news for Gideon to hear. He hadn't be able to not be concerned over whether or not he had made the wrong move, especially since he hadn't consulted with his partner beforehand. "That's great," the potions master remarked to Lucy, taking her suggestion and moving to the side along the counter. No point in blocking the actual customers.

As for the free butterbeer, he almost declined, or at least insisted that he could pay for himself but stopped. Gideon didn't want to appear rude to a kind offer so he nodded. "Sure...why not." This was all about mingling with fellow shopkeepers right. As such, he continued with asking her "How are things in general?" General interest in fellow man and shop.

Birchwoodmom 02-23-2019 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline (Post 12396258)
the potions have been working out wonderfully

That was good news for Gideon to hear. He hadn't be able to not be concerned over whether or not he had made the wrong move, especially since he hadn't consulted with his partner beforehand. "That's great," the potions master remarked to Lucy, taking her suggestion and moving to the side along the counter. No point in blocking the actual customers.

As for the free butterbeer, he almost declined, or at least insisted that he could pay for himself but stopped. Gideon didn't want to appear rude to a kind offer so he nodded. "Sure...why not." This was all about mingling with fellow shopkeepers right. As such, he continued with asking her "How are things in general?" General interest in fellow man and shop.

Lucy gave him a big grin as she slid placed the butterbeer on the counter. It made her happy to be able to treat a fellow shopkeeper. "Things are going well, thank you. Business is good and overnight guests have been coming in at a steady rate." She gestured to the busy pub seating. "I really can't complain. How are things going for you? I do hope business is keeping up this time of year." The mid-winter slump could be a hard time for shopkeepers. Post holidays and too early for spring excitement. In fact, most days she wanted nothing more than to hang out by the fireplace during the dreary winter months.

Lucy took another long sip of her drink and sat the glass on the counter. "I've been thinking about hosting a little event for the Diagon Alley shopkeepers. I feel like we could all use an evening of fun and it would be nice to get to know everyone better. Would that be something you would be interested in?"

Holmesian Feline 03-04-2019 10:56 PM

“Thanks…” Gideon said simply as he accepted the drink, taking a sip or two as he listened to Lucy describe how it had been. All in all it appeared to be going well for the Leaky Cauldron and its proprietor. “Decent for the most part,” he admitted for his own shop as the status question was reciprocated. “Mostly pepper-up potions and the like with the various sicknesses abounding.” But business was still business and the bust summer season more than covered any slumps that happened during the rest of the year.

As for talk of her plans… “I suppose I could be willing to come.” You know…prove he wasn’t the consummate hermit, a title he knew was sometimes bestowed upon at times. Well maybe not so much since he took over the shop but still.

Birchwoodmom 03-06-2019 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline (Post 12400056)
“Thanks…” Gideon said simply as he accepted the drink, taking a sip or two as he listened to Lucy describe how it had been. All in all it appeared to be going well for the Leaky Cauldron and its proprietor. “Decent for the most part,” he admitted for his own shop as the status question was reciprocated. “Mostly pepper-up potions and the like with the various sicknesses abounding.” But business was still business and the bust summer season more than covered any slumps that happened during the rest of the year.

As for talk of her plans… “I suppose I could be willing to come.” You know…prove he wasn’t the consummate hermit, a title he knew was sometimes bestowed upon at times. Well maybe not so much since he took over the shop but still.

Lucy nodded at his mention of pepper up potions and such. It had been a rough year as far as sickness goes. She had been hit with a rather nasty virus over the Christmas holiday. Not the best time for feeling ill with so many families traveling through. "I'm glad to hear it's going well." She assumed his summer business was the bread and butter. The students coming in gave her a nice boost as well.

"Splendid. I'll work on getting something planned. I just love getting to know everyone better." Her grandmotherly instincts gave her such an urge to take care of all the other shopkeepers like family. Lucy glanced over at the clock and noticed the time. "Can I offer you something to eat? On the house. My chef can make you just about anything you could want."

Holmesian Feline 03-11-2019 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom (Post 12400282)
Lucy nodded at his mention of pepper up potions and such. It had been a rough year as far as sickness goes. She had been hit with a rather nasty virus over the Christmas holiday. Not the best time for feeling ill with so many families traveling through. "I'm glad to hear it's going well." She assumed his summer business was the bread and butter. The students coming in gave her a nice boost as well.

"Splendid. I'll work on getting something planned. I just love getting to know everyone better." Her grandmotherly instincts gave her such an urge to take care of all the other shopkeepers like family. Lucy glanced over at the clock and noticed the time. "Can I offer you something to eat? On the house. My chef can make you just about anything you could want."

“Makes a lot of sense…we do technically spend the most time around each other.” Granted Diagon Alley was filled will all individual shops that moved on their own, but it still was still close quarters and still a neighborhood just like any other cultural area of London. Each shopkeeper could see each other as they opened up, locked up, took breaks and meals that weren't too far in case they were needed.

He had been smelling all the delicious scents of good food as they talked, reminding him that he hadn’t eaten much since a quick breakfast. “Maybe some fish and chips,” he offered, thinking over the options that appealed at the moment. “Though I can certainly pay…” the potioner added, trailing off. She didn’t have to feel like she had to treat him beyond what she had already done.

Birchwoodmom 03-12-2019 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline (Post 12401244)


“Makes a lot of sense…we do technically spend the most time around each other.” Granted Diagon Alley was filled will all individual shops that moved on their own, but it still was still close quarters and still a neighborhood just like any other cultural area of London. Each shopkeeper could see each other as they opened up, locked up, took breaks and meals that weren't too far in case they were needed.

He had been smelling all the delicious scents of good food as they talked, reminding him that he hadn’t eaten much since a quick breakfast. “Maybe some fish and chips,” he offered, thinking over the options that appealed at the moment. “Though I can certainly pay…” the potioner added, trailing off. She didn’t have to feel like she had to treat him beyond what she had already done.

"I like to think of you all as family. I had become quite lonely after my husband passed. Taking on ownership of the Leaky helped, but getting to know the other shopkeepers has been the best." That was settled. She'd make plans to host a get together for the shopkeepers after the busy season.

Lucy shook her head and grinned. "Your galleons are no good here, young man." After jotting down his order on the pad she placed the slip on the order wheel. "It should be up shortly. In the meantime, make yourself at home."


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189