sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > L'Académie de Magie Beauxbâtons > La Montagne

La Montagne Ready to explore the splendor Beauxbatons has to offer on the outside? Head across the courtyard and onto its grounds of the mountain side.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2019, 03:31 AM
DaniDiNardo DaniDiNardo is offline
 
Default Chaudron Étang


As the name suggests, it's a lake that resembles a cauldron. Located beyond the castle's park but not so far out as to hit the edge of the cliff sits this deep structure. The water is warm, hot on most days, and it bubbles up on occasion like a cauldron set to boil. As inviting as it may look, you are not to enter the lake. The shoreline is shallow but it quickly breaks into a steep drop that could pull down the unsuspecting.

There is plenty of room along the banks of the lake for you to sit and have a moment of leisure. Pay no attention to the rumblings that build up. It has been many a century and nothing has risen from its depths...nothing the staff haven't been able to throw back in successfully.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 08:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Slytherin

MO
Billywig
 
hjhm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Coffee pot
Posts: 3,647

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jillian Kim
Fifth Year
x4 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Jonathan Kim
Minister's Office
Default ^^, open
♣ PASTRIES | MCU and beyond | I am Heejin || The CAFE enthusiast | Music Fan ♣

It's a new school, new environment, new everything and anything, not being able to see all parts of it won't make her (or anyone for that matter) stay worthwhile. It all started from the carriages when Jillian thought of taking this advantage. Beauxbaton is all fancy and elegance, this entire school is a lot different than Hogwarts that's for sure. The fifth year wanted to go out and explore this school. After making her bed and eating her breakfast she made her way outside walking towards a lake. She cannot pronounce the words correctly so she just renamed it as beauxbaton's Great Lake.

Moving her way closer to the area the breeze felt a bit warmer. She read that the lake is a resembles that of a hot spring. The ones they have in Japan when she visited when she was 11. But in this lake- just like the Great Lake- they are prohibited to go in and swim.

Is she allowed to bring her painting materials here? The view looks absolutely beautiful. Perfect for painting. She stood there and took a long deep breath. This is nice. Very peaceful.
__________________
hjhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 01:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Slytherin

DIMC
Firecrab
 
malfoygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 907

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gemma Rose Black
First Year
Default

Gemma was already tired of being in the stuffy castle which is why she was walking by the lake. Everything felt too posh in there and she hated it. It reminded her too much of being home. She wished she was at Hogwarts. It was her first year and that place was supposed to be her home away from home. Her parents had told her so many lovely stories about Hogwarts. That's how they had met after all. She had already sent an owl home telling her family what house she had made and trying her best to sound enthusiastic about being in France.

Being by the water was comforting to her though she did have a nasty habit of being impulsive. 'What if I just go and stick my hand in there...' That technically wasn't going into the water, right? As she worked her way closer to the water she spotted someone. 'I think she's a Slytherin...'


SPOILER!!: Jillian
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjhm View Post
It's a new school, new environment, new everything and anything, not being able to see all parts of it won't make her (or anyone for that matter) stay worthwhile. It all started from the carriages when Jillian thought of taking this advantage. Beauxbaton is all fancy and elegance, this entire school is a lot different than Hogwarts that's for sure. The fifth year wanted to go out and explore this school. After making her bed and eating her breakfast she made her way outside walking towards a lake. She cannot pronounce the words correctly so she just renamed it as beauxbaton's Great Lake.

Moving her way closer to the area the breeze felt a bit warmer. She read that the lake is a resembles that of a hot spring. The ones they have in Japan when she visited when she was 11. But in this lake- just like the Great Lake- they are prohibited to go in and swim.

Is she allowed to bring her painting materials here? The view looks absolutely beautiful. Perfect for painting. She stood there and took a long deep breath. This is nice. Very peaceful.


Gemma looked at the petite girl. She looked lost in thought. She wouldn't notice if I just quickly touch the water,' Gemma coyly smiled, then paused. 'Oh.. What if she sees and gets me in trouble. I don't need to get a Howler sent to me.' Defeated Gemma walked a little further from the water.

Would it be rude to introduce herself to her senior? What was the decorum here? Gemma quickly shut down her thoughts and smiled at the girl. "Hello! My name's Gemma. I don't mean to intrude on your time but I thought it would be rude if I didn't introduce myself to you." Oh god know she was rambling. Someone help her.
__________________
malfoygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 04:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Slytherin

MO
Billywig
 
hjhm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Coffee pot
Posts: 3,647

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jillian Kim
Fifth Year
x4 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Jonathan Kim
Minister's Office
Default
♣ PASTRIES | MCU and beyond | I am Heejin || The CAFE enthusiast | Music Fan ♣

SPOILER!!: Gemma
Quote:
Originally Posted by malfoygrl View Post
Gemma was already tired of being in the stuffy castle which is why she was walking by the lake. Everything felt too posh in there and she hated it. It reminded her too much of being home. She wished she was at Hogwarts. It was her first year and that place was supposed to be her home away from home. Her parents had told her so many lovely stories about Hogwarts. That's how they had met after all. She had already sent an owl home telling her family what house she had made and trying her best to sound enthusiastic about being in France.

Being by the water was comforting to her though she did have a nasty habit of being impulsive. 'What if I just go and stick my hand in there...' That technically wasn't going into the water, right? As she worked her way closer to the water she spotted someone. 'I think she's a Slytherin...'




Gemma looked at the petite girl. She looked lost in thought. She wouldn't notice if I just quickly touch the water,' Gemma coyly smiled, then paused. 'Oh.. What if she sees and gets me in trouble. I don't need to get a Howler sent to me.' Defeated Gemma walked a little further from the water.

Would it be rude to introduce herself to her senior? What was the decorum here? Gemma quickly shut down her thoughts and smiled at the girl. "Hello! My name's Gemma. I don't mean to intrude on your time but I thought it would be rude if I didn't introduce myself to you." Oh god know she was rambling. Someone help her.




The weather was really great today. She felt the warm breeze touch her pale white skin, Jillian enjoyed this type of weather. Not too hot and not too cold-- just the right balance. It felt absolutely refreshing to stand where she is standing. She took one glance of the time in her wrist watch before she could stretch both her arms in an upward position. Slightly twisting her body, the cracking feeling was just what she wanted. She hummed while wiggling her legs alternatively. For now she can considered this as her form of a 'yoga exercise'. She felt tired from the carriage ride and the opening feast from yesterday. She needs to just unwind and enjoy the fresh air.

That is until she heard a voice from behind her. Wait, someone was here with her the whole time? Or did this little one just pop up? Jillian turned to look at the girl, peering at her for a bit. Jillian isn't familiar with her, she must be a first year? She does look like one-- looks the part too.

Gemma.

She seems nice, she introduced herself first and apologized about being in the same place as her. Jillian chuckled softly while shaking her head "No need to apologize, Gemma. It's okay there are no intrusions." she nods. "I'm Jillian." the fifth year introduced herself as well.

"So..."
hmmm... what would be a good conversation to start her "Did you come here to enjoy the scenery as well?" yeah that seems realistic.

__________________
hjhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Slytherin

DIMC
Firecrab
 
malfoygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 907

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gemma Rose Black
First Year
Default

SPOILER!!: Jillian

The weather was really great today. She felt the warm breeze touch her pale white skin, Jillian enjoyed this type of weather. Not too hot and not too cold-- just the right balance. It felt absolutely refreshing to stand where she is standing. She took one glance of the time in her wrist watch before she could stretch both her arms in an upward position. Slightly twisting her body, the cracking feeling was just what she wanted. She hummed while wiggling her legs alternatively. For now she can considered this as her form of a 'yoga exercise'. She felt tired from the carriage ride and the opening feast from yesterday. She needs to just unwind and enjoy the fresh air.

That is until she heard a voice from behind her. Wait, someone was here with her the whole time? Or did this little one just pop up? Jillian turned to look at the girl, peering at her for a bit. Jillian isn't familiar with her, she must be a first year? She does look like one-- looks the part too.

Gemma.

She seems nice, she introduced herself first and apologized about being in the same place as her. Jillian chuckled softly while shaking her head "No need to apologize, Gemma. It's okay there are no intrusions." she nods. "I'm Jillian." the fifth year introduced herself as well.

"So..."
hmmm... what would be a good conversation to start her "Did you come here to enjoy the scenery as well?" yeah that seems realistic.

[/QUOTE]


Jillian.

Seemed like an easy enough name to remember. She was usually pretty good at remembering things but with so many new faces she might struggle a just a tad bit.

"Nice to meet you Jillian," she smiled at the older girl. She felt relieved that Jillian didn't think she was intruding. She was trying very hard to step out of her comfort zone and talk to people.

She laughed a little at the question. "Yes and no. Beauxbatons is amazing and gorgeous, don't get me wrong... But it feels too stuffy. With everyone cramped into the castle it's a lot." She paused. "This lake and being outdoors is helping that claustrophobic a lot."

Gemma couldn't help but wonder how Hogwarts compared to the French school. "I know we've only been here for like a day but how does this place compare to Hogwarts?"
__________________
malfoygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 05:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Slytherin

MO
Billywig
 
hjhm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Coffee pot
Posts: 3,647

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jillian Kim
Fifth Year
x4 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Jonathan Kim
Minister's Office
Default
♣ PASTRIES | MCU and beyond | I am Heejin || The CAFE enthusiast | Music Fan ♣

Beauxbaton is a very pretty school, mostly clean and very well 'put together' in a way. So far, she's enjoying herself here. Plus, she has never been to France so the carriage ride was kind of exciting. Not that she saw a lot of places but hey, at least now she could say that she has been to France. She doesn't travel that much, her father does but everytime he asks her, she declines.

"Pleasure" she replied to the first year. Gazing back at her, she nods in agreement. The place does feel stuffy-- too many people. "Yeah, I guess because there are 2 schools cramped up." and they can't really blame anyone for that. Besides, everyone is accommodated properly but yes, Jillian agrees that it is stuffy.

"Oh my, you have claustrophobic?"
she asks the younger student. "How are you feeling so far?" Maybe it's because everything feels overwhelming for Gemma. Jillian can relate to that. Everything and everyone feels new to her. That and she can also try to tell the Healer about it. "Feels kind of the same" except for the fact that Beauxbaton is fancy and elegant.

"You excited for the new term?"
__________________
hjhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 02:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Slytherin

DIMC
Firecrab
 
malfoygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 907

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gemma Rose Black
First Year
Default

Gemma knew everyone was doing their best, given the circumstances. No one expected Hogwarts to be unusable. She did appreciate having a school to attend because if she had been forced to stay home for another year she might have screamed.

"Not usually. I think the feeling is just due to being overwhelmed right now and trying to navigate everything!" Beauxbatons wasn't a small space. So the issue wasn't space it was just overwhelming having so many different people around. Especially when a majority were speaking different language. "I'm sure that'll fade though as we all get more used to being here." She smiled, hoping she was correct.

"I'm very excited! I've been dreaming of coming to Hogwarts.. oh.. er.. I mean anything big wizarding school since I was a child." It would be a good year. She was set on making a few friends and learning new things. "What about you?"
__________________
malfoygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 11:31 PM   #8 (permalink)



DERP & DMLE
Kappa
 
TakemetotheBurrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 13,454

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cecelia Elizabeth Summers
First Year

x12 x7

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina
Environmental Protection
Default For Syd! <3
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

Cecelia was cozy despite the chill in the air, all bundled up and wrapped nicely in an old scarf that had once been her dad's. It smelled like him and made her think of home and she wondered how everyone was getting on without her. Something told her the house was REAL quiet without her around and she felt a LITTLE sorry for her mum and dad and Sammy, who must be MISSING her terribly. Poor things. She'd have to speak with them SOON.

Finding a spot by the water, the first year settled down on the hard ground and wiggled around on the spot until she was comfy. It was beautiful here, that was for SURE. Still, the water in the lake was a bit strange, wasn't it? Couldn't even SWIM in it, which Cecelia thought was KIND of a tease. She SO liked to swim, after all.
__________________
TakemetotheBurrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 03:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
Syd


MO
Erkling
 
Syd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: *twirls* [GMT-7]
Posts: 20,759

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Keller
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kaden L. Fuller
Minister's Office
Default
Sardines ♥ // Nomsy, yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakemetotheBurrow View Post
Cecelia was cozy despite the chill in the air, all bundled up and wrapped nicely in an old scarf that had once been her dad's. It smelled like him and made her think of home and she wondered how everyone was getting on without her. Something told her the house was REAL quiet without her around and she felt a LITTLE sorry for her mum and dad and Sammy, who must be MISSING her terribly. Poor things. She'd have to speak with them SOON.

Finding a spot by the water, the first year settled down on the hard ground and wiggled around on the spot until she was comfy. It was beautiful here, that was for SURE. Still, the water in the lake was a bit strange, wasn't it? Couldn't even SWIM in it, which Cecelia thought was KIND of a tease. She SO liked to swim, after all.
The lake had her favorite spot at Hogwarts last year, so of course Anna had to see if the one here was as good. It was pretty, at least. She wasn’t going to swim in it, though.

She was playing with her scarf absentmindedly as she walked, when she caught sight of a familiar face down by the water. Anna wasn’t sure if she should go over to Cecelia uninvited, but decided after a moment to do just that. To see how she was doing being away from home, and stuff. Because that was the nice thing to do.

“Hi,” she said brightly, helping herself to a spot on the ground next to the other girl. “Do you mind if I sit with you?”
Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:57 PM   #10 (permalink)



DERP & DMLE
Kappa
 
TakemetotheBurrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 13,454

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cecelia Elizabeth Summers
First Year

x12 x7

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina
Environmental Protection
Default
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd View Post
The lake had her favorite spot at Hogwarts last year, so of course Anna had to see if the one here was as good. It was pretty, at least. She wasn’t going to swim in it, though.

She was playing with her scarf absentmindedly as she walked, when she caught sight of a familiar face down by the water. Anna wasn’t sure if she should go over to Cecelia uninvited, but decided after a moment to do just that. To see how she was doing being away from home, and stuff. Because that was the nice thing to do.

“Hi,” she said brightly, helping herself to a spot on the ground next to the other girl. “Do you mind if I sit with you?”
Cecelia was a little lost in a daydream when she heard a voice that was NOT in her head and the blonde blinked, turning to see Anna standing there. "Hi! I don't mind at all." Actually, the first year thought Anna was quite cool. She was OLDER and she knew things Cece didn't, which made her SUPER wise. Plus she was nice, which the blonde really liked about her. They were born to be friends, obviously.

"So, you like this place okay?"
__________________
TakemetotheBurrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 06:07 PM   #11 (permalink)

Chizpurfle
 
hermygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: underwater
Posts: 10,067

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ignatius Noble
Graduated
x9
Default Anyone?
Stuck inside with Sirius | *Splish-Splash* | bamBAM | ☁ Spooktacular ☁

There was a newspaper under Noble's arm as he strolled down to the lake, and a paper bag of fresh pastries from the kitchens in his hand. It was Sunday morning, and he had a two hour respite before hosting a variety of remedial and extra-curricular classes. Perfect for catching up with the previous day's news.

When he was just the right distance from the water's edge - that was, sufficiently close to hear the lapping and bubbling of the water, but not so close to worry about what might be hiding in its depths - he conjured himself a chair. It resembled a fancy camping chair, complete with drinks holder, side table and footrest. The bag of pastries he put on the table, and then he pulled a travel mug of coffee from a magically extended pocket in his robes.

Taking a sip, he settled back in his chair and placed the newspaper in his lap. He didn't open it just yet though, taking a moment to appreciate the morning mountain view.

He could definitely get used to this.
__________________


Give your all to me_______________________________________
I’ll give my all to you____________________________________

________________________You’re my end and my beginning
________________________Even when I lose I’m winning


hermygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:06 AM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180